CommandCenterHD Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2020

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Easy to use and great support. When they help they do it promptly and all always follow up."
  • icon"The only pro is that the customer support is actually good. They solve most of the problems that arise."
  • icon"I like the option to put multiple campaigns on one channel. It makes it easy to regionalize the screens while still giving them shared content."
  • icon"I find this frustrating. We have two screens that are set up on a different website than our other ones which can be annoying."
  • icon"Instead, you have to throw them in and see if they'll drown or swim. Also, someone at Industry Weapon has a very strange taste in naming things."
  • icon"The learning curve is appalling. Trying to teach employees how to use it is practically impossible."

Have you used CommandCenterHD and would like to share your experience with others?

All CommandCenterHD Reviews

Kristi

Great Customer Service

We are planning to add a social media wall to our digital signage and recently discovered that CommandCenterHD has an app called Social Buzz to seamlessly integrate this social media wall with our current promotional videos we are running. They have been great to work with and willing to get us the best options for our needs.

Pros

We are a small department at a larger university. The university as a whole uses CommandCenterHD across campus to control all digital signage. Our department (performing arts venue) uses it to control our promotional televisions in the lobby and box office. The software is simple to navigate with nearly instant playback after changes are made. We are very impressed with the ease of use and the customization it allows.

Cons

It is not mobile friendly when you are trying to update your digital signage on a mobile device or iPad. The dashboard is only 100% functional on a desktop computer.

Response from Industry Weapon

Thanks for your feedback Kristi! Excited to see the amazing things Ball State does with Social Buzz!

Replied May 2019

Great Customer Service

Pros

The software is very easy to use. The support is great.

Cons

I don't have any issues with this product.

Reasons for switching to CommandCenterHD

The cost was very high and the support was terrible.

Eric

Industry: Plastics

CommandCenterHD with Embedded LG Players

CommandCenterHD is good. The platform is great, the content is great, using it is pretty easy for the users.

Pros

It has a lot of features for making content. Support does a good job helping end users with their content. Support is responsive.

Cons

The embedded LG Series E player has been super problematic. Our players go offline often. The fixes from support are often limited because they are waiting on fixes from LG. One fix seems to lead to another fix. Feels like we are often going in circles trying to get the embedded players in the TVs stable. Support does their best to help, but there are often not any quick answers and we have a lot of downtime. This link: https://www.industryweapon.com/digital-signage-solutions/why-industry-weapon#devices Markets the embedded players are easy to support and that has not been the case for us. Support 4 TVs with this players and trying to keep them online has cost us many hours of lost productivity internally.

Response from Industry Weapon

Eric, Appreciate your review and glad that you love the content and usability. That said, very sorry about the hardware issues you've experienced. We are working with the manufacturer to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Replied February 2019

Great platform for campus digital signage

We installed Industry Weapon software across our new college campus, and it's been great. The ability to easily customize content across campus without having to physically go to each display and reprogram it is such a time-saver. The built-in features are great, and the support can't be beat!

Pros

I love how customizable it is - we have yet to come up with a scenario Industry Weapon can't pull off!

Cons

It's not the most stable platform I've ever used. Certain displays seem to break randomly and inexplicably. But, it's easy to fix on my own!

Response from Industry Weapon

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the review! If you're having an issue, we want to know so that our team can look into what is causing your problem. Your account manager will be reaching out to get more details and help figure out your problem.

Replied December 2018

Internal Communications: Benefits and Set backs

Benefits overall out way the bad. I would love to see new videos of how to do certain things, more technical things, than are currently displayed. A walk through video would also be nice instead of the shortened videos that are currently shown.

Pros

I love the ease in which slides can be added/deleted from rotation. The ease of adding new users and templates to the main hub is amazing. The image quality and resolution is also amazing when viewing on tv and the quality does not distort.

Cons

How hard template manger is to create. It is challenging to have the whole team set a digital template when reviewing items. It is also hard to create functional ideas without having exact specifications. Another set back is how difficult it is to manage the sizing of media inside of Command Center.

Response from Industry Weapon

Hi there, it sounds like we need to get you better access to training materials! https://training.industryweapon.com/ is a great place to start. We have more in-depth training materials within the "I'm New to CommandCenterHD" section. In particular outlining your options to re-size media like you would in a WSYWIG editor such as Powerpoint. Bottom line, we want to make sure you get access to the training you need. Our email address is included in this response, please let us know availability for a call to review further. Thanks!

Replied November 2018

CommandCenterHD review

The customer service is excellent! I do have problems with the software but I don't mind talking it though with our customer rep. or the help line.

Pros

The customer service is excellent. Anytime I have a question or need help, customer rep. is quick to respond. He is extremely helpful and informative. Always a pleasure to work with.

Cons

I sometimes find that my screens don't connect to the website. I find this frustrating. We have two screens that are set up on a different website than our other ones which can be annoying.

Response from Industry Weapon

Hi there, would you be free for a call with our customer service team this week? Your company name was hidden and we'd like to look into your comment regarding your screen set up. You can respond to this message or email accounteam@industryweapon.com to schedule.

Replied December 2018

Amazing Application

I very much like having one place to keep all of our employees up to date with the on goings of our company. It's nice to have somewhere they can go to get information without having to log in to a computer. Some of the features are a bit "clunky" and somewhat difficult to get used to but the customer support is far above and beyond any other that I have dealt with. They make sure you get what you need out of the application in a VERY timely matter and that you fully understand how to use the system.

Pros

The amount of information content I am able to display for the staff that does not have regular access to a computer. Very easy to manipulate each template, campaign, and channel to be something that people will want to look at.

Cons

Some of the features can be a bit difficult to use at first. However, the customer support is incredible so they will get you through any issues you have.

Rodger Zodas

Easy to Use Communication Automation Tool

Our company has utilized CommandCenterHD for years and continues to implement it in our offices as our company expands.

Pros

The span of features and simple application makes this a scalable tool for any size communications plan.

Cons

I wish it was easier to see the full schedule of ads playing all at once.

Command Center HD is a good idea with poor execution

We needed digital signage for our campuses. It worked out alright.

Pros

The wide range of features and the stellar customer support. You can do a lot with CCHD if you put in the hours to learn it.

Cons

The learning curve is appalling. Trying to teach employees how to use it is practically impossible. Instead, you have to throw them in and see if they'll drown or swim. Also, someone at Industry Weapon has a very strange taste in naming things.

Wonderful Product with Amazing Support

Using IW we have been able to share our progress against goals with Management and our team as well as keep people up to date on potential issues. It has been a wonderful way to keep everyone on the same page.

Pros

The overall simplicity of the software has made it something that we not only use for our department, but have become proponents of to others throughout our company. Having a simple web interface to upload content to every TV on site, as well as the ability to tailor content to each audience is stellar. Additionally, any issues we have had were handled quickly and in a timely manner by the IW technical team.

Cons

Haven't really run into any major cons. The inability to run multiple RSS feeds has come up once or twice, but wasn't a major impact. We had a problem with a player updating causing one of our displays to be down for several days, but the technical team worked on it and sent out a drive with the updated software which fixed the problem.

Amanda

Essential Tool for Internal Comms

I would just like to add that their customer service is the best. We recently had our graphic designer who managed our industry weapon leave CNSI. So, I have had to pick it up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been proactive, friendly, responsive, and helpful. From the technical side, we rarely have a display issue. When we do, it is resolved in <30 minutes. They really take care of their clients.

Pros

The ability to customize our displays by location and even down to the device. For example, we have six TVs in our main building. We can run campaigns only on certain floors. We do this when we have certain guests coming or team-specific events. The customization piece along with being able to pre-set the schedules for our campaigns are great features.

Cons

It took me a little while to figure out the difference between a device, channel, and campaign. But the customer service rep explained it really well: Device = TVs in different rooms of the house Channel = Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube Campaign = The Show that plays You get to choose all of the above--what your viewers watch, on which channel and which TV.

Reasons for choosing CommandCenterHD

Cost, compatibility, functionality (i.e., different displays for different locations)

Chantal

Industry: Utilities

These Folks Know Their Stuff

Pros

Command Center HD and the industry weapon team comprise the best solution that's out there for digital signs and visual communications delivery. I looked at other vendors, both at my current company and at a previous company. The software is terrific but the star of this solution is the support. The IW team has been there for me over and over. If I can't figure out exactly how something works, they are here for me. If I have trouble with how to upgrade the OS, they are here for me. I rely on this team to enable me to deliver a stable solution and they deliver.

Cons

I can't think of anything I like least. I sometimes have challenges just based on the fact that I don't use the software every single day, but again -- the support team is always there to answer my questions.

Response from Industry Weapon

Thanks for the kind words Chantal! We love working with you and the Sensus team as well!

Replied July 2019

Jeffrey

CommandCenterHD

We were able to implement our digital signs project in a timely manner. Troubleshooting has been a breeze with an easy to use GUI. We have also set up emergency notifications through out the enterprise that is tied into the emergency broadcast system of the Police Department. Experiences with sales and tech support personnel have been pleasant, prompt and productive. I would buy this product again.

Pros

1. Integration with RAVE (emergency alert system). 2. Amazing tech and sales support. Our sales/account rep bends over backwards to provide quick and comprehensive services. I requested a media box to test and we had it in less than a week. 3. The company is willing to work with me in implementing our procedures. I get email notifications before each upgrade and another email when the upgrade is done.

Cons

Under the 'Manage Devices' section - the Filter defaults to 'My Devices' rather than defaulting to 'All' .

Bryan

Command Center HD Review

We used Industry Weapon to replace our existing Cisco DMM and it's light years ahead of what we had. I think that their customer service is one of the things I really appreciate. Service after the sale is always a plus. In their case no matter what my question is related to they've never let me down.

Pros

I like the product and its ease of use. The cloud service helps me manage my players multiple locations if needed. I also cannot say enough about their customer support. They've always been available to help with any issue I might have.

Cons

Sometimes if I have not used certain features or I'm looking for something new it can be difficult to locate. Once I learn the product it's intuitive but trying from scratch it can be intimidating.

Terry

Industry: Security and Investigations

Very reliable and effective

CommandCenter was a great solution for controlling a massive amount of content and notifications that we wanted out staff and clients to see.

Pros

I like that is web based and that I can access it anywhere without having to worry about installing software. The free red core content with joke of the day, fun facts, etc is a great way to add fun content to your slides, and since they are updated daily by Industry Weapon it takes the burden off you from having to constantly maintain the content. I like the massive amount of features and customization that built into CommandCenter. One of the best things is being able to schedule and control content for the future so that I do not need to maintain the content that is being displayed each morning.

Cons

It took a while to learn how everything worked and fit together because there is so many options and controls, but this is what also makes it a very powerful tool.

Kaitlin