• Pros

• "Very easy to use and configure. I was able to figure it out without being taught and that was my favorite part."

• "Very easy to use! Customer service is always very prompt and responsive. "

• "Easy to use software with Real-time updates. I love the display options and they offer excellent support whenever I need assistance- any day of the week. "

• Cons

• "Software could be more intuitive, however, after using the software on a regular basis this issue is trivial."

• "Licensing fee is a little pricey but you get what you pay for"

• "There is a lot to know on the back end to use the full functionality, just wish I had more time to allocate to creating! "

Browse EngagePHD Reviews

Alexandra from Aramark

Love EngagePHD!

Pros

I love how user friendly it is. Whenever I need to task something on this software to a coworker, there are no issues.

Cons

Sometimes the digital screens glitch or do not match what I scheduled for them.

James from Centerplate

Football Stadium Digital Screens made by a Beginner!

Prior to having access to EngagePHD, I would have to go around to every screen in my stadium and take down printed menus, put up new ones for different prices levels/events. Now, after installing digital menu boards, which I also purchased through Ping, I am able to, almost instantly, update all of my screens from a desktop computer. There project management team and design team are fantastic to work with as well. Thank you Ping!

Pros

Ease of use Quality of images Constant support from company I am by no means a graphic designer, but with a large amount of menu changes for events, EngagePHD makes me feel like I am one! Thank you!

Cons

While this is not a "con", because I haven't found any yet, I just wish there was a smart phone app, because the desktop website is a little difficult to navigate from my phone. It can be done however, as I've stood in front of a screen and updated it from my phone.

Mahath from Best Western PLUS Dartmouth Hotel & Suites

Glitches

There are so many benefits mostly advertisement; it explores us more opportunity to do a better advertisement and make more profit out of it. Apart from the workspace stability this is a good application and I am sure that you guys can do better to improve the customer experience . Thanks

Pros

This is the first time using an application like this and I like the whole thing works.

Cons

This could be far better. - the layout workspace is limited. every time you have to adjust zoom in and zoom out to see what we have done. if you zoom out the whole menu go smaller for resolving this it should have zoom out option just for the workspace display and the side menu bar stay the same size. - When you do a preview of the layout you have to zoom out the browser otherwise you won't be able to see it or you can scroll down. - the style options , if you change one style and it automatically changes all layout font just because of that. -you cannot add multiple layouts and assign one from that to the screen. we always have to delete the old layouts and add just the current one to display it on the screen. -sometimes the screen save the old layouts and show up with the new one. It takes three or four restarts to fix. - the allignment never matches with the computer and screen. It takes a lot of time and effort to do it. -sometimes when you click a layer and it stick with the mouse; we have to double click so many times to put it in the same position.

The Best By Far on the Market!

I have several hundred screens deployed in almost 75 locations and I can manage them in 15 minutes a week. I can set up groups and deploy different content to different stores with a click of a mouse

Pros

The simple fact that you can control multiple locations from a cloud based system makes my life easy. The designer is simple to operate. Scheduling content is a breeze! You can even schedule assets to expire so you never need to manually remove content.

Cons

Cons are hard to find, but the fact that they do not use simple fonts, and you need to set up "Styles" can be a pain

Ricardo from VALLARTA SUPERMARKETS, VSI

PingHD Review

PingHD's dev team worked with us to integrate our POS system. They are also constantly releasing features and enhancements as well as fixes. Our company did over 400 TVs in a few weeks without any major problems.

Pros

PingHD has incredible customer service. We love working with them. Our digital menu solution has worked very well since implementation. The way PingHD integrates with Tizen (Samsung) based screens and how it handles the screen assignment makes it extremely easy to deploy.

Cons

The web interface designer needs some work. It claims it is WYSIWYG but it's not. The design on the screen may look different from the preview on the browser.

Love this product and it's easy to use

Effective communication in real time with Team Members.

Pros

Once we had templates in place, we've been able to communicate all kinds of information to our Team Members in an organized, professional manner. The Customer Support Team is very quick to respond to my questions/issues. It seems I'm always trying to get things done quickly and they ALWAYS have the solution I need.

Cons

We had some difficulty with running "movies" and wish there was a live feed we could use without having some kind of browser.

Great Quality

Pros

I love how simple it is to learn this software. After just a quick training session and a few days of messing around in the system, I feel like I am a pro.

Cons

I am personally not a big fan of the way the help articles are set up. I believe it would be easier to just have one search feature rather than clicking link after link to find the help that I want, especially if it is a simple solution.

Easiest way to show your selection

Pros

Easy to use, very straightforward to learn/teach, immediate updates

Cons

The margins are a little tricky to maneuver/change without messing up the entire menu

Generally great; could use layout editing improvements.

The EngagePHD customer service experience is great! They're very helpful with troubleshooting issues that arise, as well as taking customer feedback into consideration (and execution) for updates to the platform. We tested it out for digital menus.

Pros

The general suite of features on the platform meets a large number of needs.

Cons

The layout editing component of the platform feels too much like a weird version of PowerPoint and not enough like a design program (leading to cobbling together pieces made in Adobe CC with components from the actual platform).

Overall a really good software

The overall experience is fine. I would insist on fixing those glitches as it adds time to the projects we work on. But the other than that, the software runs well and it's easy to navigate and use.

Pros

It's easy to use and navigate through. It's intuitive and even with the recent updates, it only takes thirty minutes to learn how to use the new version.

Cons

It has glitches. Sometimes when copying layouts from one network to another, instead of copying the layout currently working on, it grabs an old one that was used months ago. It forces you to have to start over again; which adds unnecessary time.

Jeff from PMI Entertainment Group

Title your review

Pros

What I like about the engage software is the cloud based. It's user friendly enough to be able to pass onto our marketing team so they can add and schedule their own content. The price point is right on key and ordinarily the support team is right there to fix an issue when a ticket is submitted.

Cons

There are numerous functionality glitches that can be frustrating at times. If we have content that expires I would like to be able to just delete the asset and have it removed from all playlists, instead you have to go to each playlist and remove the asset and then delete. I wish there was a way you could load in one piece of content then assign multiple show dates. We have night where there may be a beer special, instead of loading up the playlist with 8 seperate instances it would be nice to be able to add mulitple date parameters. Also when editing an asset and in folder view, if you go in and change the date of that asset instead of returning you to that folder view it kicks you all the way back out to the root. Lastly, I wish there would be some sort of email sent out when you have to reauthenticate to Engage. This unforutnately happened during an event when something needed to be changed ASAP and I did not receive any confirmation email to be able to log in. The saying goes, time is money, and these cons definitely do not make the software very time efficient.

Steve from Whistler Conference Centre / Tourism Whistler

PingHD for Convention Center

PingHD are very responsive to my questions and respond quickly to tickets. They have a small dedicated team who care about their software and about their clients. The software is reliable, the responsive design allows us to access the software quickly and easily from any device (computer, phone, tablet etc.). Overall very happy with PingHD and the service they provide.

Pros

Customer service and support has been outstanding. PingHD are responsive to questions and issues, they stand behind their product and if there is an issue, they make it right. Integration with our room booking software – all events are downloaded into PingHD and displayed on digital signs automatically. Templates can be updated / changed easily by non-technical staff. Changes can be made from either a computer or smartphone. Tight integration with SOC (software on chip) screens enables us to schedule on/off times, receive network and temperature info for each screen and alert us to any offline players. Hardware purchase is cost effective as we don’t need an external media player, a big step forward compared to many other signage platforms.

Dave from Backman Vidcom

From the point of view of a channel partner

Overall, I think this is a great solution with significant potential. It fits nicely with clients who need more than just a single Brightsign player but who aren't quite ready for a full-blown on-prem Scala deployment. Our clients love the product. Keep up the great work.

Pros

There are lots of software platforms out there that do essentially the same thing as Engage. I was impressed most by the people. The support team was very approachable and personable and has been a great help in working out odd client requests and supporting the customization requests of our clients.

Cons

The layout screen doesn't seem to scale well depending on which browser you use. Also, in the layout screen, it can be difficult sometimes to determine where you have to click to grab objects. When navigating a client's "site", I often find myself having to go back out to the master tenant list and then navigating back to where I need to be. The icons on navigation bar that appears in the upper right aren't overly intuitive and I usually have to hover over buttons to figure out which one I want. Overall, I think the UI could use some polish but I understand that that's no small task.

Christine from Alaska Seaplanes

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Engage PHD / Front Counter Screens

It has helped tremendously with posting schedules and displaying photos and video for customers to watch when they are waiting in line to check-in for their flights. There is a lot more that we can do with it, and I'm hoping to utilize it more very soon. A great way to display what we offer.

Pros

The ability to show photos and schedules to customers at our counter. To display what we offer in a tasteful format.

Cons

It seems that I (the average human using electronics) need a significant amount of help when editing photos and videos. It's not the most user friendly, but then again - I could probably learn more about how to use it!

Andrew from Good Chemistry

Great service and support!

PingHD has helped us have amazing digital signage that is easy to update and administer. Their support is out of this world and they are always fast to help with any problem.

Pros

Working with PingHD is very simple, they are fast to get screens up and installed and ready for use. They also built a video wall that looks great and is also easy to manage.

Cons

Sometimes I wish they software was easier to navigate to do quick tasks

Jorge from Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention Center

Industry: Facilities Services

Overall a worthy investment

Overall satisfied with the product. While the software needs time to get us to, once you understand it, it's easy navigate, though there are a couple of extra step that are needed in order to accomplish creative flexibility.

Pros

The ability to control multiple boards within one design

Cons

Inability to turn on and turn off softwares from a website. Must be done physically in front of the monitor.

Keri from Rodhe's IGA Marketplace

Industry: Supermarkets

Perfect for small town business

Pros

It was an easy setup and install process, even for a small business. We have the ability to change and adapt to new trends very quickly and easily. Looks updated and fresh, exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

It was a little hard to get started with the graphics since we don't host a designer in house. But the team was willing to spend a little more time with us to make it work. A little glitch when the new version rolled out but it was fixed quickly.

Sevan from Good chemistry

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Helpful digital signage software

Can’t complain too much about the software it’s a good solution for digital signage

Pros

I like how easy it is to add or remove products from the menu

Cons

The formatting and lack of maximum characters to fit in allotted spaces can be annoying. Sometimes it won’t show an error online that will be awry on the menus

Juan from New England Aquarium

Good quality

We did have some issues concern loading, Change information, update , all issues was fixing and back to run business.

Pros

I do like the easy way to do what we need, also very good help and customers service.

Cons

The different way to access and decide letters from, background colors , design.

Zach from Good Chemistry Nurseries

Great Signage Platform

We use the menus at all store locations across multiple states and it looks great and I really like having a single sign on for all.

Pros

Cons

No complaints, I haven't had any problems.

Eric from Colorado School of Mines

EngagePHD is a great solution for our Digital Signage needs

The salesman and staff are great to work with. I get great support from their technical support crew.

Pros

Ease of use for everyday user. Great customer support. Build your own screen layouts. You have full control of what you want things to look like.

Cons

No real time display monitoring. You can see a screen shot of what the display looks like taken every few min, but not a real time stream or consistent screenshot of the player itself.

Daisy from Delaware North at The Lodge at Geneva

EngagePHD Sells for you!

EngagePHD is easy to work with and offers many options for best featuring your products. The very best customer care and fast response time. It's a fairly robust system, so having someone dedicated to really uncovering all the assets and setting up your layout is key.

Justin from Geno’s Restaurant Group

Industry: Restaurants

Great platform! Very easy to use

Pros

Very easy to use! Customer service is always very prompt and responsive.

Cons

Licensing fee is a little pricey but you get what you pay for

Chad from Aramark

Simple to Use Digital Signage

Enables us to shift away from time consuming, static printed menus to dynamic, active digital menus.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to navigate. Makes it simple to customize displays and make changes on the fly.

Cons

Not applicable - once we did a quick training session we were good to go:)

Shel from Cementation USA Inc

Industry: Mining & Metals

My Review

I like the product more now than four years ago. It is more streamlined, and the instructions are clearer. In my new position, EngagePHD is part of my job functions again and at first I was not pleased because it was not very user friendly in the past. But, I am very excited about it now and am happy to use it.

Pros

It is easier to use and navigate through than when I used it 2 years ago.

Cons

Familiarizing myself with the other capabilities outside of my normal functions takes some time.

Tatiana from Embassy Suites DIA

Great Program!

We use this to upload events and show guest what is going on. This is very easy to work with and also looks amazing!

Pros

Very easy to use yet it is very very professional.

Cons

Everything here is great! There are no Cons.

Bo from Books A Million

VP

Moving towards digital menus vs static is an important transition for our brand. Having the ability to remotely update and control menus from one central location is important.

Pros

Flexibility and ability of remote updates and control

Cons

Fee based per screen, not per location. We utilize multiple screens per location.

Brooke from Food Services

Ping HD

Pros

Digital screens are great! issues here and there nut over all okay

Cons

menus do not update like they should daily

Carly from Metro Philly Management

Engage REview

Customer service is great - extremely responsive. I would like to see upgrades to overall functionality and ease of use.

Pros

The programming capabilities and ability to schedule content is a plus.

Cons

The process of updating pricing and formatting is time consuming and could be more user friendly and streamlines.

Erin from Renaissance St. Louis Airport

Renaissance Review

I like the system although sometimes it's a little difficult. The support staff is really nice but was unable to help me with my initial problem. In the end I was able to rectify the problem on my own.

Pros

I like being able to view all of the boards at the same time using the dashboard.

Cons

I dislike not being able to delete multiple days and entries at the same time. I also dislike how particular the system is in regards to reader boards and door cards. As a new person learning the system, I had to have a cheat sheet next to my monitor of the way to input all the meeting rooms so they displayed correctly.

Cory from Notre Dame Campus Dining

Pretty Good

I have had a good experience overall and continue to get more comfortable with the system now that I have to use it more frequently.

Pros

I think once you learn the system it's pretty easy to use. The support guys are great!

Cons

I don't always think it's the most intuitive.

Keri Lyn from Food and Beverages

Great!

Pros

Can check the updates at my desk as opposed to going on the floor

Cons

Can't change the times of the meal periods myself.

Emad from CoreSite. L.L.C.

great experience

Pros

easy to use, easy to configure the best solution ever

Cons

times out quick. i really cannot think of any negative

Great tool

Great

Pros

Easy to make changes, support is there if something goes wrong

Cons

Difficulty in adding new items to background

Brian from Gold Star Hospitality LLC

Awesome Looking Menu Boards

using an electronic menu board allows us to make changes to our menu and pricing at any moment. The eye-popping colorful screens are great for our customers.

Pros

easy to turn items on and off and update prices on the fly.

Cons

moving things around and making changes to the menu is very difficult

HD Ping

Pros

I like that this software enables me to control many different viewers at one time.

Cons

At times, it seems not to respond to commands. i.e. Force Refresh.

Mohammed from Dippin dots

good platform, UI needs to be simplified

We use the platform for menu items of our shop. It solves our problem of remotely changing the menu by logging in online and being able to customize from anywhere in the world. Overall excellent software hardware combo, needs some improvement.

Pros

it is a great software hardware combo that is competitively priced and gets the job done.

Cons

The user interface is hard to maneuver. Focus should be to make it user friendly and have an interactive easy to use dashboard.

Jerry from Fresh Grill

Digital Signs

So far So Good.

Pros

Ease of use, able to turn off and on with my phone

Cons

If it goes down....no MENU SIGNS....We had it go down and only if we have a printed sign to replace instead of digital will their be no problem

A big menu for a big game

Pros

For the needs of connecting hundreds of screens in a stadium with dynamic content of food menu's, this software was the perfect balance of functionality and being UX friendly.

Cons

The software is not necessarily poised for other platforms of digital signage that require a higher need of functionality and ad copy storage.

Spencer from Aramark - Johnston Health

Industry: Food Production

Johnston Health

Very good. We enjoy the product and the customer service.

Pros

Ability to customize signage using various formats

Cons

challenges in learning how to use all of the different features

Brandon from Aramark Canada

EngagePHD Review

Pros

Well detailed, full database and able to control screens from site.

Cons

Complex navigation, can get confusing to remember the functions.

Solid reliable digital signage solution - with great personable customer support

Excellent experience overall, works great and is reliable, any issues or questions resolved quickly with great customer service

Pros

Ease of use with regards to the visual layout designer.

Cons

Little quirks like not being able to view all layout/screen schedules on the calendar screen, some non-intuitive menu layouts.

Work Review

Pros

The bugs were fixed and updated. Remembers where you left off.

Cons

Still a bit complicated to navigate through the website.

Robert from University of Notre Dame

Great Product, Highly Recommended

Pros

The software is easy to use, it has many attractive features, and it requires very little on-going maintenance.

Cons

The layouts designer is a little difficult to work with. The layout extends beyond the page and the constant scrolling up/down/left/right makes designing a new layout annoying.

Good Product, Pretty easy to use

So far, I've really only used EngagePHD to upload assets and create playlists. It works reasonably well for that.

Pros

Drag and drop to create playlists is quite intuitive

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a good way to manage assets--Can't place items in separate folders, etc.

Michael from Westminster Canterbury Lynchburg

Poor service

I had almost no help in getting the system set up and menus created. One person was an engineer who had no teaching skills at all and the other had no idea how to do the technical parts. Together they were no help whatsoever. I had to hire a graphic designer to create "background slides" with our menu and now I have no way to update as needed. I have spent thousands of dollars for basically a TV system with no hope of any support in figuring out how to work it.

Pros

The idea that it could rotate menus and be updated in real time

Cons

The fact that it is nearly impossible to operate and create initial menus. It should be designed like a power point where you can create slides and then upload

Marketing and Concessions

Overall we love using Ping HD and will continue to work with them to make our product look professional and modern!

Pros

Ping HD caters to what our business needs and helps us create a format that ill work for any type of marketing. The customer service line is always helpful and fast at solving anything we don't already know how to do.

Cons

There are times that the user face is a bit tricky to use so that's when we call in for support.

Amber from Aramark

PING review

Pros

I like how the menu pulls the products from the excel spreadsheet directly into the PING

Cons

It is difficult to use at times and some of the products do not manually upload into the menu.

Brad from Colorado School of Mines

Easy Interface for anyone to learn

Our team envisioned being able to write our own code to create a touchscreen display. It’s definitely easier said then done, and EngagePHD helped us achieve our goals.

Pros

I like the software’s ease of use and the ability to update content at any time.

Cons

At times the software can be finicky, and it can be difficult to manage large quantities of content if you don’t have full administrator access to the program.

Jen from The Phillies

EngagePHD Review

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use and shows up clearly on the screens.

Cons

The design aspect is not that intuitive - you can't copy/paste, right click, etc.