• Pros

• "Easy to use, great price for everything that you get."

• "Relatively easy to setup, the building of templates is easy, it deploys new graphics with ease and immediately, and compared to the last digital signage this is fantastic!!"

• "Everything is very simple to use, it works great, and is consistent--there is no interruption in service."

• Cons

• "I wish there were more apps because I absolutely love them! That really isn't a con, just a wish. "

• "Fire TV had a few glitches but customer support got it all figured out for me"

• "It is somewhat of an annoyance to use but for the price it'll do."

Browse OptiSigns Reviews

Cameron from Sweet Express

Inexpensive Option; easy to use.

We are using OptiSigns for internal signage and announcements within our 70 person office staff. This will hopefully allow us to better display company achievements and news.

Pros

This software does exactly what I would hope it'd do.

Cons

It is a very functional software on PC's, however, I do wish there was better ROKU support. This would eliminate the need for an additional PC and a lot less work would be necessary.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Price point was the ultimate determining factor.

Dimitri from Dualite Sales & Service, Inc.

Extremely easy to use.

So far the overall experience has been great. I will have more on this as I start to add in more screens and different content.

Pros

The software is very easy to use when setting up playlist. Linking up to screens only takes seconds. I have been testing most of the features on a local chiropractors office screen through his firestick. Only took minutes to set up and push content live onto his screen from my phone. I do most of my content creation on the desktop with Adobe software. Once I upload the custom content from my desktop to the Optisigns cloud. I am able to simply control everything else on my phone when needed. This is nice for when I am remote from the office.

Cons

The mobile version of the website is sometimes tricky. Works better in vertical mode. When in widescreen mode most of the dashboard is cut off and innaccable even with scrolling. Maybe an app designed specifically for mobile would improve the ease of use via mobile.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

I am experimenting with a few other alternative products. Have not picked a favorite yet although Optisigns has been the most used on currently.

Jeffrey from Neighborly Eats LLC

Inexpensive and feature packed Digital Signage, Hooray!

Pros

We've been using this software at our restaurants for the past few years, and compared to other hardware/software solutions, Optisigns has really created a well thought out system to address all of our needs - and we have specific criteria that not many other companies met. For those times we needed help with the set up or maintenance, customer service was always accessible and found solutions to our many questions. Compatibility with other software and SAAS vendors had made a huge impact for us.

Cons

We are very happy with Optisigns and can't think of anything negative at this point.

Benoit from Information Technology

Still geeking, with a better UI.

It's all about giving to the customer of retail in the right context at the right time. I can now say if there's a one day special without printing stuff ... or get people throught the door easily.

Pros

I don't have to setup too much stuff now. It's all about pushing content and make it happen. That's is just perfect. There's some integration that I'm sure I'll use.

Cons

We can sense how it's based on technicality. For example, it's nearly impossible for most of my marketing staff to understand the pourcentage to create zones. The naming (assets), the flow ... is fundamentaly a UI on top of code. So that mean, I can't transfert this task to someone else without a training. And this, mean that the digital sign will not be updated as frequently.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

The value of the company, by wanting to make every screen a digital signage.

Julie from Trailside Bakery & Cafe

Industry: Restaurants

Look no further

Love the product thus far

Pros

I have TouchBistro and their digital menu did not work at all. I have searched and searched tried multiple trials and this was by far user user friendly and easy to use even if you are not tech savvy. I can add my continuous updates to the menu as we have to keep adjusting due to food costs and the shortages. It loads in seconds beautifully. I even mark out what items we sell out of. Don’t waste your time looking around!

Cons

The symbols are a little lacking and could not change the color on the ones I wanted to use from the template. Also I could not find the font though it was used in the template. I hope as I learn how to upload and edit I think it won’t matter. I also wish I could set the font size with a number not a slider bar it’s to hard to get it exact but I managed to make it close.

Price and ease of use

Camryn from KPA Engineers

Industry: Civil Engineering

Awesome, especially for displaying Outlook Calendar

The experience has been great so far!

Pros

We were specifically looking for a solution to display the Outlook calendar for our conference rooms, and OptiSigns was by far the most user-friendly and most capable of the functionality and look we desired.

Cons

I'm only on my first week of use, so any troubles I've had have all been training related.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

The ability to create a custom screen with the Outlook calendar, as well as our graphics.

Nick from Precision Media Services

Love Features! Needs more Customizeation.

We wanted to be able to streamline our processes from uploading, ad creation, and app features

Pros

I love the integrations and how easy it is to set them up. Uploading is simple and the Dropbox / Drive app is amazing! I absolutely adore it. It allows me to build out a section for my clients to customize themselves.

Cons

I would love to see more customizability. I bet [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from support is done with me by now because I send him too many emails (joking). But being able to: - Change Font Size in Apps - Chose different display styles (For Reviews, being able to toggle as most recent) - Change the way some of the Apps Look more than just aspect ratio I would also love to be able to take a crack at designing apps for the system but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. I have some HTML experience and am wondering the best way to go about it. We are also wanting the possibility to white label the software if possible. We are planning to put in at least 100 screens over the next 6 months.

Raymon from The Bean Counter

The Bean Counter

Pros

Cons

Fire TV had a few glitches but customer support got it all figured out for me

Ease of Use and Pricing

Nicholas from Baker University

Simple, Inexpensive, comprehensive

We have been looking for a cost effective way to distribute information to students. Emails and posters were being ignore glazed over. Other screen products were too expensive and needed special equipment. We could utilize technology we already had on hand to implement OptiSigns.

Pros

I love the split screen ability! We can a 'dashboard' type screen for our students to get frequently needed info quickly rotate slides of other info.

Cons

It is slightly confusing embedding assets within assets. It took a little while to figure out how to use split screen as the asset that housed other assets and the assigning only a single item or playlist to a screen. After that, it was very easy!

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Less expensive and allowed us to use tech we had on hand or could purchase at lower costs.

Excellent Digital Signage deployment

Pros

Flexibility and ease of setup. Many different automatic templates and apps to use onscreen quickly. The addition of a website that auto-updates in a rotation (playlist) makes it very helpful to adjust quickly.

Cons

Software on actual screens is sometimes tricky to manage on the Amazon Fire Stick since the setting for auto start is not readily apparent, but after that, it's plug and play.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Super easy to use and free trial.

John from Oxford Performing Arts Center

Excellent Solution

We have implented OptiSigns to power about 30 digital displays in our multi-disciplinary performing arts venue which is visited by approximately 150,000 guests annually. These displays are used for wayfinding, concessions/bar menus, box office signage, marketing assets, and even projection. Our team of staff has been thrilled with OptiSigns and its ease of use vs. our previous system. In particular, the Notice Board app is incredibly useful for quick and professional deployment of content including messages like "OPAC welcomes Mr. John Doe" for day time meetings with donors. Our previous software for digital signage had only the most basic of notice board functionality.

Pros

OptiSigns is HALF the cost of our previous software per screen/per month. As a non-profit, we work hard to use cost-effective solutions. The feature set of OptiSigns is far greater than our previous system and after reviewing our options, it appears much more powerful than other solutions. The deployment using Amazon Fire Sticks is absurdly easy. The affordability and availability of Fire Sticks also makes it super quick and easy to add additional screens. OptiSigns does not charge for additional users. This is super helpful for a non-profit as we can empower our part-time staff to update our digital signage as needed. Other software options can charge up to $15 per user per month in addition to the per screen charge! The folder management tool is awesome! It is very easy for each one of our departments to organize assets and keep things clean.

Cons

This is really more of a wishlist rather than cons Presets - We would love the ability to have mass presets that could be deployed quickly. For example, a preset would deploy different "Post-show" content to all screens for display as audiences leave. Likewise, "intermission" specific content could be deployed to different screens. Chromebox - I would like to see better integration for Chromebox devices in kiosk mode.

Enplug, Yodeck, Visix, Nowsignage, and others

Jeff from Abbey Eye Care

Exceptional Value

We have two screens in our office and want to have a good mix of organic content (that we create) and other content we pull from our social sites, weather feeds and news channels.

Pros

The whole platform is priced really well for a small business. It was easy to set up the hardware player, I used the Amazon Fire stick they have very good instructions on the OptSigns website as to how to configure it properly. Uploading assets and creating the playlist was also super easy.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of - the whole UX has been great to date.

Better pricing structure.

Mark from Mudpit.US

My Opinion

Customer support is seriously lacking for a paid service. I was promised a discount with my ongoing commitment with instructions on how to apply for it via email. I followed everything they asked and got NO response and was billed full price. I asked why the discount was not applied and got no response so I canceled the service and then I got a response why I was canceling and what they could do better going forward. I simply replied "honor your agreements" I didn't receive any apologize or any attempt to fix the situation or retain me as a customer. They quite clearly left an impression of "we don't care" whit me. I have since found a better service with another provider.

Pros

Easy for users that are new to digital signage. Has all the basic elements you might need but lacks for advanced features. If you require prompt customer support for your project, you will not find it here.

Cons

no online support. very basic, small set of modules that are not customizable. No cancellation option, had to go through web form and email that took several days.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Was testing their service. Ended up canceling after one month due to extremely slow customer support and misleading information about qualified discounts that were never given.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Replied February 2020

Hi Mark, Thank you for the feedback. Any customer can cancel service anytime by reducing subscription to Zero. As for discount, we looked at the communication records for your account in our system, we did responded and applied give you refund for the discount within 24h of your request. If you have further concerns please feel free to reach out to us again.

Devon from Otero County

The best digital signage software PERIOD

We replaced our old 1970's foam bulletin board with OptiSigns and a 50" TV and we never looked back. It has been tremendously more popular than the bulletin board as we are able to convey a greater amount of information to constituents passing through in the hallways. Video functionality is great as well. I showed the free trial to my boss and she was so impressed we subscribed for 3 screens before the trial was up.

Pros

Accepts multiple file types, compatible with cheap media devices (Kindle Fire) for ease of setup, custom slide timers, VIDEO COMPATIBILITY, easy drag-and-drop features, pleasant and simple aesthetic, user functionality, web-based interface (no additional software needed), affordable price for smaller organizations.

Cons

Cloud storage could be a little bigger, 1GB is not a lot especially when using videos.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Price, ease of use, features.

Michaela from Innovative Labeling Solutions

Industry: Printing

Don't try anything else, this is so worth it!

Phenomenal. I needed help with something when I first was using it and the customer service team got back with me immediately and resolved my issues, which was totally user error.

Pros

I love that I can change what is displaying on our TV's anywhere and anytime. I had tried a few other softwares and I actually read about OptiSigns in a negative review of one of the products I had tried before! As soon as I opened the app and started messing with it, I was able to have our TVs up and running with the information we needed displayed. My favorite feature is all of the apps that are provided and even a covid-19 folder with a lot of information to display for our employees.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

OptiSigns is so easy to use and has so many resources to help you truly customize what is displayed across screens in your business. It is also so cheap in comparison to the other companies that offer the same sort of service but with way less options and a difficult to navigate platform.

Katie from KidsPark of Lincoln

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easy & Well Priced

I was using a different service previously and we often lost connection to our TVs. It was hard to get the TVs connected, so staff couldn't manage it. I would have to drive back to my business to fix it, or wait until another day and leave the signs offline. With OptiSigns we haven't had a single issue! It's so easy to set up and connect anyone on my team can manage it...and it's half the cost!

Pros

Cons

I haven't found anything yet! So far everything has been great.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

The price was much better.

Bryan from Video Doc Digital

Works well for Small Business

I am able to update Optisigns from any computer where I can login to my account whether it is from home on a Sunday night or 9am weekday at work.

Pros

I switched from a more expensive and cumbersome digital signage company. I run YouTube blooper videos mixed with slides of products to up-sell at a local restaurant. It does what is says it does. Makes any TV a digital sign. Easy to set up (I used a firestick on 2 TVs). I run continuously 24/7. I am very pleased. I hope to contribute user experience to the support team to improve the features.

Cons

When you have a long playlist, it is not visually easy to find the items you want to swap out or change. It would be nice to import one asset and use it multiple times in a playlist, without importing it each time.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

I was able to run the TVs via a firestick. Ease of deploying it in the field.

Rafiu from Nominal Finance Solutions, LLC

Smooth and simplistic, suitable best reliable digital signage application around.

Pros

Simple manage digital uploads over multiple screens. The application offers various digital extension uploads for display across multiple digital screens. Capability to manage each individual display via a central hub; permitting users to control upload and display content from none local source. And offers excellent customer support with regards to technical concerns. Issues requiring attention are immediately addressed by chat or phone less 24 hours or reporting. Also, love the time/scheduling feature; allows the user to schedule signage display time/date/source of content, permitting the user to set automation into effect. Finally, enjoyed the built-in capability to design and edit images/videos for upload permitting user creativity.

Cons

Price per display I believe could (should) be lowered. Though as a first-time user, you're permitted access to the features, free of no charge for the first 7 days access. This can be a hassle for business owners lacking funds to budget this expense but would like to implement a digital touch to his/her business. Also, not too pleased that the displays relay heavily on internet access. For someone running a business from a mobile setting, this can be costly. The individual would have to invest in additional services such as a mobile hot-spot in order to take advantage of such a useful tool.

Christopher from CrossFit NewFound

OPTISIGN

so far so good

Pros

The program is very easy to use and the support info was easy to get to and helpful

Cons

There was noting that was problematic or bad

price/features

Vince from Hear Here

Easy to use and makes our client look great!

I'm so glad we found OptiSigns. Now that we've been using it a while, I can't imagine using any other playtform. Do yourself a favor...take it for a test drive. You'll love it!

Pros

OptiSigns was super easy to get up and running. We launched it using a Roku stick and had no issues whatsoever. After playing around in the UI for a few minutes, we found it very simple and intuitive to upload content and create a playlist for our client. As a bonus, some of teh pre-designed COVID content was really useful. We've tried some other platforms that were not nearly as easy to use. In fact, the platform we switched from was unreliable and had a hard time staying connected.

Cons

We create our content outside OptiSigns and import for the playlists, but I gave the design tool a try. I was able to create the visual I wanted, but it took longer than I expected. I chalk that up to my unfamiliarity with the UI. If I weren't already using somethign else, I'd find it handy.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

We were using Quickesign and it stopped connecting, so our client had a blank TV. After way too much troubleshooting, I gave OptiSigns a try and it worked instantly and consistently. I wish we'd found it sooner.

Mark from Carmel Fire Department

Industry: Public Safety

Outstanding Customer Service

We are using OptiSigns to present dashboards of our metrics and training videos to our personnel.

Pros

The flexibility is outstanding both from a software and a hardware standpoint. The customer support is also outstanding and super responsive. I had a problem late in the evening and received an email almost immediately. The problem was corrected and I was up and running again.

Cons

It has a little bit of a learning curve to it but there is plenty of documentation to help.

Hardware capabilities eg will run on Raspberry Pi 4

JAMES from Ancient Order Of Hibernians

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Performs well but lacks features

We are using digital signage as a Bulletin Board for our members. The Ancient Order of Hibernians is an organization for Americans of Irish ancestry. Membership, notices, activities and our event calendar are all displayed on the system. Multiple users, easy of use and content availability were all important issues in picking a digital signage system.

Pros

Optisigns performs as advertised with a very user friendly interface. I was able to get my screen up and running in a matter of 10 minutes. There are some minor issues with some the apps you can add to your signs but nothing to prevent a decent digital sign system.

Cons

The biggest weakness is the lack of apps for your screens. In the end, we decided to use ScreenCloud because of the wealth of apps compared to Optisigns. Frankly, the services are almost identical in layout and use. The major exceptions are the greater number of apps with ScreenCloud and the availability of the preview function for apps in ScreenCloud. More apps allows for easier generation of new content for the user and keeps the signs current with less work. Both services need to expand the use of transitions between each piece of content and the appearance of white screens between some apps.

Jessica from Tony's Meats & Market

Best bang for your buck!

So far, it's been pretty great overall! It does what we need it to do for now and it's the best bang for your buck.

Pros

I love that I can pre-schedule something to play on the TVs and that I can just drag and drop content onto individual TVs. We have multiple locations and multiple TVs per location, and it was pretty easy to label each TV on the back-end.

Cons

The back-end side where you get to upload content is a bit confusing (at least to me). I wasn't sure if I needed a schedule, a playlist, or an asset (or a combination of all 3!) and I had to change it on the TV settings as well as the actual playlist itself before it would work. It's also a bit clunky to have to download a separate app to get the optisigns app to start without having someone turn on the TV, use the fire stick to select the app. It would be great if it could auto-open the OptiSigns app when the TV turns on so we don't need to have multiple remotes out as we have multiple TVs in multiple stores.

Ciaran from TransferWise

OptiSigns review

I started using OptiSigns to test alternatives to our current digital signage solution. Though it looks great and has a whole mess of potential, I just don't think it's suitable for us (we're 2,300+ across 14 offices worldwide) but it's definitely a great starter for smaller companies and organisations, especially the price compared to other competitors.

Pros

- It's easy to set up and use, nice and simple. - It's customisable but could do with more personalised features. - Coming from a professional AV point-of-view, it's basic, which is great for first-time, small organisation setup but not for scalability. - It's reasonably priced for what you get.

Cons

- The playlist, if long, can be quite difficult to find content you want to remove/remanage. - No custom widgets or live RSS feeds. - There's no preview window to see content if you upload new display content.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

I heard about OptiSigns at the Digital Signage Summit 2020 and wanted to check it out as an option for us.

James from Family Entertainment Group

Easy to use, support is top notch

Overall, from the initial onboarding process to tech support, they've been wonderful to work with. We have deployed over 60 devices across the country with ease.

Pros

Managing multiple screens from across the country has been the best part about OptiSigns. I can verify that the monitor is running and that it has the content displayed that I need.

Cons

Some of the Social Media integrations could be better. The overall offerings are limited.

Ibrahim from Salem Women's Clinic

EXCELLENT E SIGN SOLUTION

VERY SATISFIED CUSOMER WITH 10 SCREENS

Pros

IT IS EASY TO USE AND IT DOES NOT NEED A TECH SAVY PERSON TO START E SIGND ROLLING ON A TV IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES

Cons

NOTHING SO FAR IT IS A GREAT EASY AFFORDABLE E SIGN TOOL

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

THE TRIAL PROOF IT WAS THE MOST STRAIGHT FORWAREED AND HAV ALL THE NEDDED FUTURES AND IT IS AFFORDABLE

Amy from PMI

Industry: Warehousing

Ok Product

It has been fine.

Pros

It is nice with how easy the software hooks up to the devices we need to display the plays on.

Cons

The difficulties with this software come in form of functionality. For example, you can not view the images in the playlist. They appear very small and you are unable to enlarge to make sure they are correct. Also, the functionality within the playlist upload is disappointing. For instance, you can not delete items in your uploads. This becomes very congested.

Bret from Kiwi Loco Frozen Yogurt

Great Product!

Our stores look much better now that we can afford more display screens! We love OptiSigns!

Pros

I have absolutely loved this service since switching from ScreenCloud. I am able to schedule my displays months in advance. Transitions between displayed files is a lovey feature! And at $10 a month per screen Optisigns is the best value around!

Cons

I would love a couple more apps and features on the backend. I would love to be able to preview individual files on the Files/Assets Page.

Greg from Landmark Lanes

Incredibly user friendly with plenty of great features

Pros

For digital signage software, this is very easy to get set up and get everything organized. We have a variety of digital signage that needs to show on specific days of the week, so having everything scheduled before hand saves us loads of time. From there we can easily drop in or remove new signage in a matter of seconds. OptiSigns seems to be putting out new updates regularly, like split screen capabilities and expiration time for specific digital assets. We've been using the software for a few months now and I don't see us needing anything else.

Cons

There's not a whole lot I find problematic and if I list anything here, it's me just being nitpicky or it being purely aesthetic. There's nothing that I can see being a problem for anyone if you're looking for reliable digital signage software that's incredibly flexible. If you're not familiar with software like this or its capabilities, there might be a bit of a learning curve.

Erik from Samaritan Ministries International

Good product, just not what I was looking for

I signed up for a free trial and was able to see quickly that it did not support the features that we needed as an organization. Everything else I had tried to use worked as expected, and was smoother than other products that I've also demoed.

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Very nice interface.

Cons

It had very little integrations with other services that our enterprise uses. We were hoping to use it for things like exchange, trello, Five9, and tableau. There are other companies that support these things so just be aware of what you are looking for when shopping around for a digital signage solution. OptiSigns had one of the best interfaces and was very simple to use, so if it has the capabilities that you are looking for I would recommend it.

Dennis from Holy Cross

Easiest Signage System around

They are super responsive. I feel like they listen.

Pros

We are using the software as signage for our church. We love that we can collaborate on the content allowing each department to determine which assets to use. We tried several solutions before settling on this one. It gives us the control and flexibility we need while giving us tremendous functionality.

Cons

The developer is still working on some of the native features (youtube support) on the Roku.

Mindy from Blanchard Valley Health System

Love it.

Pros

Software was easy to deploy and use during our free trial. I've gone to our leadership and asked for additional dollars in the budget to purchase. Hopefully it is approved and we can continue to use the product.

Cons

It would be nice to have some additional available apps.

Price

Denise from World Juice Bar

Best low-cost digital signage platform

I love it.

Pros

Easy user interface. I love the face that additional features have been added since first purchase such as the online editor.

Cons

Its a little tricky to deal with outages at the store. Sometimes the display is off. We are using the automated electric switch to help with issues.

Pricing and functionality

ANNIE from Harbor Towers

Super Excited

Pros

I just started using it and I'm super excited about this product.

Cons

Still learning it, I've not found anything yet. Except I had to buy a Fire Stick.

Andreas from Nomek AS

Nice Digital Signage for PowerBI

Very good replacement of DisplayMonkey.

Pros

Easy installation on client side. Easy adminstration. Very good PowerBI integration. Stable service.

Cons

Have not found anything yet. (Only used the PowerBI module)

Price and ease of use.

Lee from Foundry Coffee Roasters Limited

Good software but could definitely be improved.

It does the job well, easy slides on a normal tv screen. It's reliable and doesn't glitch at all. You do need a decent internet connection of course but good that you can make changes remotely​ if only you could preview the playlist on your own computer - then it would​ be better still.

Pros

It's easy to set up. We use an Amazon firestick and the Optisigns app runs smoothly. The social media feeds work well and reliably. We mainly use a Google Slides presentation, which also works well. There are a couple of nice touches, like the ability to import a local weather forecast.

Cons

There is no obvious ability to preview the sign on your own computer or in the browser which means you have to refresh through the screen every time you make a change and then sit around watching the screen until you get to the bit you want to change to ensure everything has worked as you intended​ it to. Although​ it was better value than alternatives, it still seems fairly expensive for what it is.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

We did consider a few other options but al of those​ were even more expensive so we thought we'd start here.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Replied October 2019

Hi Lee, Thank you for your review! We now do have preview feature that you can use directly from the dashboard. Just click Preview button next to the screen name. More detail here: https://support.optisigns.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035739414-How-to-Preview-a-screens

Steven from Jackson Technical

Great software for new users

Pros

Easy to learn for new users. Especially people new to digital signs. Very straight forward process to setup and use.

Cons

Easy link to youtube videos on how to setup and use the software. Visual learners prefer that

Better product

Ericka from FOOT CENTER

Trial Perior

Because this is the first time we are implementing a digital sign it will do for now as it meets basic needs for a company on a tight budget like us.

Pros

Value. It is inexpensive and meets needs.

Cons

It is somewhat of an annoyance to use but for the price it'll do.

Price

Kristen from Rose Rent Lofts

Simple, Effective & Easy to Maintain

Experience is great. This runs on the screen in my apartment building lounge to keep tenants updated with current information and events and is interspersed with photos and historical information about the development projects.

Pros

* easy to implement * easy to edit daily or weekly * no limits for content amount * runs on Amazon TV

Cons

* additional options for images (adding captions or changing color backgrounds) might be nice

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Cost and platforms for implementation

Michael from Terra State Community College

AMAZING platform!

Pros

After using a bulky, non-user friendly platform to control TVs around campus, we switched to OptiSigns. Not only is the backend easier for everyone on campus to utilize, it only cost 10% of what our previous setup did. The userface and content is clean, simple, and quick to set up!

Cons

The RSS Feeds aren't pulling in dates for events, but that's minor compared to the positives!

Yessenia from La Casa de la Tortilla

Industry: Restaurants

Excellent display signage software!

Overall it is a great cheap digital signage software. I am really satisfied with it.

Pros

It is a really nice display signage program. We have been using it for a while in our business. We just downloaded the app on our amazon firestick and created the slideshow on the computer and it remotely transmits. Creating the slideshows are really easy, and it is simple to understand.

Cons

Not really a con, but sometimes connectivity issues can freeze the slide or log you out of the app.

Kevin from UCSF

Great Display Tools

Pros

I love that I am able to display various apps of information such as news on my multiscreen setup!

Cons

I would like to be able to see sports scores.

Tia from Bronze Bay Corp.

Smart, easy setup

Pros

Easy set up on a Firestick. Inexpensive start up costs.

Cons

Long load time on videos/uploads. Need more customizations options and vertical templates.

Joseph from Cal Closets

Very Satidfied

easy and quick

Pros

Ease of use and it is exactly what I was looking for

Cons

nothing yet, there has been no hiccups at all thus far

simple and good reviews

Steven from Desiring God

User Friendly with room for growth

I am pleased with Optisign. I ended up ordering another raspberry pi to add another display in the office. My hopes is to sync the displays.

Pros

Optisign is user friendly. I've used other platforms and ran into complications due to the technicality of various features. Optisign is a straightforward software program that easily connects to whatever desired display through an raspberry pi.

Cons

Other software programs provide features that could be beneficial to optisign. First, the ability to schedule a displays power on/off. This feature could help a person to turn on displays while remaining remote or have them scheduled to turn on each day without the need to manually turn on the display. Second, the ability to turn audio on/off through the optisign interface. Currently, I can only turn sound on/off by manually controlling the tv.

MIKE from Service Metal Products

Industry: Wholesale

Easy Digital Signage

My overall experience has been extremely satisfying. I no longer have to upload and modify the playlists of our digital signage. It literally took less than 15 minutes to train our 3 branch admins on creating and modifying the playlists. We just ordered 6 more firesticks and will be bringing them online as soon as they are delivered. If you aren't using Optisigns you should be.

Pros

I was using a free digital signage solution that was a support nightmare. Started looking for a better way and found Optisigns, and I am glad I did. The setup of the Firesticks and publishing my forms and documents could not be any easier. We are getting ready to add 6 more screens in our three locations. We had some issues with getting Instagram and Twitter feeds going. One email to support and issue was resolved very fast.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to this software.

Jacovia from Amaro Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Great Software

Pros

Easy to use, great price for everything that you get.

Cons

No cons so far. I'll let you know if we find anything

Eric from Hollerbach's Willow Tree Cafe

Slide Show for German Restaurant

Pretty good,

Pros

How easy it is to update and change slides

Cons

The autoplay feature, took me forever to figure out the setting to shut that off. My guests almost killed me because i could not get the soccer game on. Optisigns would not let me use another app until i turned it off. I was calling it skynet lol

Bernd from Natürlich Wohnen Massivholzmöbel GmbH & Co.KG

Great and cheap Digital Signage Cloud Software

Simple. Pretty cheap compared to others.

Pros

The best is the easy to handle web interfacel

Cons

There is nothing that I have detected yet.

Robbie from Hoffman UMC

Same functionality as more expensive competitors.

We use this in a busy area of the church building to have announcements of upcoming events, to welcome visitors, and share encouraging words or pictures.

Pros

I love that it uses an Amazon firestick, and I happened to have one I had "retired" because it lagged when streaming videos. I downloaded the app, set it up, and it operates nearly identical to another company I used for a couple years. The web interface was similar enough that I had virtually no learning curve. (the annual fee was between 1/3 and 1/2 the cost of the other company I was using.

Cons

I have not had enough problems to warrant any complaints. It is a simple interface. My firestick froze up a couple times, but that wasn't due the app.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

While I have the tech knowledge to do the same thing with a media stick or an old computer connected with powerpoint, I wanted something that could be utilized by multiple people, and have it able to be edited from home computer. This fits the bill.