• Pros

• "the software is very easy to use and pretty self explanatory, very easy to unload and save"

• "The software is easy to use and not bloated with tons of useless features."

• "I like how easy it is to navigate and how helpful customer support is."

• Cons

• "Not really a con, but sometimes connectivity issues can freeze the slide or log you out of the app."

• "if they had frames that we could work with would be great like i would like to do my nmenu but no frames to start with"

• "Slight bugs here and there that I hope Will be corrected."

Browse OptiSigns Reviews

Layne from Reading Horizons

Industry: Publishing

Great way to use an Amazon Fire Stick to control monitors

Overall I think the experience has been good with a few bumps. We have an admin for every dept, so we've all had to learn the program.

Pros

I like that the program uses the Amazon Fire Stick with the TVs we use in the office as monitors. I can see how this could be especially helpful for businesses to create customized menus that can change regularly.

Cons

It took me a while to figure out the set up and configure each monitor. There has been some things I haven't been able to figure out yet, but they may be related to issues on our end. I wish that when you linked a gif, it would expand to fill the monitor, right now it shows in a tile on the center. I've also had some issues with adding Youtube videos where the page with the video comes up but doesn't play the video, and then another video will work.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Replied September 2019

Hi Layne, Thank you for your review! You can stretch the GIF images by select "Stretch" option when you assign the GIF to the screen, or in the Playlist's option. Thank you!

Bryan from Video Doc Digital

Works well for Small Business

I am able to update Optisigns from any computer where I can login to my account whether it is from home on a Sunday night or 9am weekday at work.

Pros

I switched from a more expensive and cumbersome digital signage company. I run YouTube blooper videos mixed with slides of products to up-sell at a local restaurant. It does what is says it does. Makes any TV a digital sign. Easy to set up (I used a firestick on 2 TVs). I run continuously 24/7. I am very pleased. I hope to contribute user experience to the support team to improve the features.

Cons

When you have a long playlist, it is not visually easy to find the items you want to swap out or change. It would be nice to import one asset and use it multiple times in a playlist, without importing it each time.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

I was able to run the TVs via a firestick. Ease of deploying it in the field.

Bret from Kiwi Loco Frozen Yogurt

Great Product!

Our stores look much better now that we can afford more display screens! We love OptiSigns!

Pros

I have absolutely loved this service since switching from ScreenCloud. I am able to schedule my displays months in advance. Transitions between displayed files is a lovey feature! And at $10 a month per screen Optisigns is the best value around!

Cons

I would love a couple more apps and features on the backend. I would love to be able to preview individual files on the Files/Assets Page.

Devon from Otero County

The best digital signage software PERIOD

We replaced our old 1970's foam bulletin board with OptiSigns and a 50" TV and we never looked back. It has been tremendously more popular than the bulletin board as we are able to convey a greater amount of information to constituents passing through in the hallways. Video functionality is great as well. I showed the free trial to my boss and she was so impressed we subscribed for 3 screens before the trial was up.

Pros

Accepts multiple file types, compatible with cheap media devices (Kindle Fire) for ease of setup, custom slide timers, VIDEO COMPATIBILITY, easy drag-and-drop features, pleasant and simple aesthetic, user functionality, web-based interface (no additional software needed), affordable price for smaller organizations.

Cons

Cloud storage could be a little bigger, 1GB is not a lot especially when using videos.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Price, ease of use, features.

Andrew from Prestress Services Industries

Optisigns lags behind competition

Pros

-cloud based management -customer support team is responsive and helpful -fire stick is easy to source and cheap

Cons

-cannot manage content effectively: need ability to group players -very simplistic: no ability for custom widgets; no integration with RSS feeds, Tableau, or Power BI -in net present value terms, Optisigns was our companies 3rd option

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

No. Yodeck was chosen and if currently deployed at all of our locations for internal communication.

Erik from Samaritan Ministries International

Good product, just not what I was looking for

I signed up for a free trial and was able to see quickly that it did not support the features that we needed as an organization. Everything else I had tried to use worked as expected, and was smoother than other products that I've also demoed.

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Very nice interface.

Cons

It had very little integrations with other services that our enterprise uses. We were hoping to use it for things like exchange, trello, Five9, and tableau. There are other companies that support these things so just be aware of what you are looking for when shopping around for a digital signage solution. OptiSigns had one of the best interfaces and was very simple to use, so if it has the capabilities that you are looking for I would recommend it.

Lee from Foundry Coffee Roasters Limited

Good software but could definitely be improved.

It does the job well, easy slides on a normal tv screen. It's reliable and doesn't glitch at all. You do need a decent internet connection of course but good that you can make changes remotely if only you could preview the playlist on your own computer - then it would be better still.

Pros

It's easy to set up. We use an Amazon firestick and the Optisigns app runs smoothly. The social media feeds work well and reliably. We mainly use a Google Slides presentation, which also works well. There are a couple of nice touches, like the ability to import a local weather forecast.

Cons

There is no obvious ability to preview the sign on your own computer or in the browser which means you have to refresh through the screen every time you make a change and then sit around watching the screen until you get to the bit you want to change to ensure everything has worked as you intended it to. Although it was better value than alternatives, it still seems fairly expensive for what it is.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

We did consider a few other options but al of those were even more expensive so we thought we'd start here.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Replied October 2019

Hi Lee, Thank you for your review! We now do have preview feature that you can use directly from the dashboard. Just click Preview button next to the screen name. More detail here: https://support.optisigns.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035739414-How-to-Preview-a-screens

Laurie from G.O.D. Int'l

Great App, Easy Set Up

Great company, very pleased.

Pros

I had to find a new software to display signage on a reception desk tv. A coworker suggested OptiSigns so I did their free trial. Less than an hour in and no stress, my signage was already displayed. So easy!

Cons

Instagram option did not show our feed long enough to read captions, but we contacted support and they fixed the issue within a few weeks.

Good product and great value

It does its work really well. Overall, I'm very satisfied with it.

Pros

It is very easy to use, very user friendly. Following the instruction, I was able to get it setup in a few minutes. Also compared with other digital signage product, it is inexpensive. And it is also cloud based.

Cons

Not really a con. There were limited features at the beginning. But it is catching up pretty quick. Now it is comparable with other a lot more expensive software.

David from Time Media Group

Its very good but compared to its other more expensive friends its a bit behind

it was a very limited experience as after the trial i moved on to another platform which did everything this did but better

Pros

Setup was good and simple first deployment was also very simple The price is exceptional for what it can do but its not as pretty as other ones ive used screen layout templates where awesome

Cons

setting up a show reel was very fiddly limited apps at the moment its not as pretty as the one i went with in the end, the ticker function is to basic couldnt find proof of play

Rafiu from Nominal Finance Solutions, LLC

Smooth and simplistic, suitable best reliable digital signage application around.

Pros

Simple manage digital uploads over multiple screens. The application offers various digital extension uploads for display across multiple digital screens. Capability to manage each individual display via a central hub; permitting users to control upload and display content from none local source. And offers excellent customer support with regards to technical concerns. Issues requiring attention are immediately addressed by chat or phone less 24 hours or reporting. Also, love the time/scheduling feature; allows the user to schedule signage display time/date/source of content, permitting the user to set automation into effect. Finally, enjoyed the built-in capability to design and edit images/videos for upload permitting user creativity.

Cons

Price per display I believe could (should) be lowered. Though as a first-time user, you're permitted access to the features, free of no charge for the first 7 days access. This can be a hassle for business owners lacking funds to budget this expense but would like to implement a digital touch to his/her business. Also, not too pleased that the displays relay heavily on internet access. For someone running a business from a mobile setting, this can be costly. The individual would have to invest in additional services such as a mobile hot-spot in order to take advantage of such a useful tool.

JAMES from Ancient Order Of Hibernians

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Performs well but lacks features

We are using digital signage as a Bulletin Board for our members. The Ancient Order of Hibernians is an organization for Americans of Irish ancestry. Membership, notices, activities and our event calendar are all displayed on the system. Multiple users, easy of use and content availability were all important issues in picking a digital signage system.

Pros

Optisigns performs as advertised with a very user friendly interface. I was able to get my screen up and running in a matter of 10 minutes. There are some minor issues with some the apps you can add to your signs but nothing to prevent a decent digital sign system.

Cons

The biggest weakness is the lack of apps for your screens. In the end, we decided to use ScreenCloud because of the wealth of apps compared to Optisigns. Frankly, the services are almost identical in layout and use. The major exceptions are the greater number of apps with ScreenCloud and the availability of the preview function for apps in ScreenCloud. More apps allows for easier generation of new content for the user and keeps the signs current with less work. Both services need to expand the use of transitions between each piece of content and the appearance of white screens between some apps.

Jessica from Tony's Meats & Market

Best bang for your buck!

So far, it's been pretty great overall! It does what we need it to do for now and it's the best bang for your buck.

Pros

I love that I can pre-schedule something to play on the TVs and that I can just drag and drop content onto individual TVs. We have multiple locations and multiple TVs per location, and it was pretty easy to label each TV on the back-end.

Cons

The back-end side where you get to upload content is a bit confusing (at least to me). I wasn't sure if I needed a schedule, a playlist, or an asset (or a combination of all 3!) and I had to change it on the TV settings as well as the actual playlist itself before it would work. It's also a bit clunky to have to download a separate app to get the optisigns app to start without having someone turn on the TV, use the fire stick to select the app. It would be great if it could auto-open the OptiSigns app when the TV turns on so we don't need to have multiple remotes out as we have multiple TVs in multiple stores.

Yessenia from La Casa de la Tortilla

Industry: Restaurants

Excellent display signage software!

Overall it is a great cheap digital signage software. I am really satisfied with it.

Pros

It is a really nice display signage program. We have been using it for a while in our business. We just downloaded the app on our amazon firestick and created the slideshow on the computer and it remotely transmits. Creating the slideshows are really easy, and it is simple to understand.

MIKE from Service Metal Products

Industry: Wholesale

Easy Digital Signage

My overall experience has been extremely satisfying. I no longer have to upload and modify the playlists of our digital signage. It literally took less than 15 minutes to train our 3 branch admins on creating and modifying the playlists. We just ordered 6 more firesticks and will be bringing them online as soon as they are delivered. If you aren't using Optisigns you should be.

Pros

I was using a free digital signage solution that was a support nightmare. Started looking for a better way and found Optisigns, and I am glad I did. The setup of the Firesticks and publishing my forms and documents could not be any easier. We are getting ready to add 6 more screens in our three locations. We had some issues with getting Instagram and Twitter feeds going. One email to support and issue was resolved very fast.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to this software.

Namrata from Gilmans Kitchens + Baths

I have downloaded the their APK on multiple screens for last couple of months

helped us to be more interactive with our menu changes.

Pros

Ease to use. It took me 5 mins to launch my menu templates for my stores. Good offers compared to its peers. I have both Android and Amazon FireTV Sticks.

Cons

Lacking of social media features like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram which I want to connect to engage our followers and friends to recommend our menu to others.

Kim from PBDA

School Kiosk

Not so simple to understand at first but customer support was very helpful in a quick response format.

Pros

User friendly, basic functionality is free

Cons

Lack of compatibility with software products, like iMovie, Power Point, etc. So display abilities are limited.

Response from Voev

Replied January 2019

Hi Kim, Thank you for your kind review & feedback. We do support PowerPoint, a how to article here: https://support.optisigns.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016371154 We also support iMovie, you just need to export the movie to .MP4 file here's how: https://www.videosolo.com/tutorials/convert-imovie-to-mp4.html

Gary from Gaman, Inc.

Great value and easy to implement

The software package performed well. It was very responsive and would work even if the Internet connection to the signboard client hardware was interrupted.

Pros

I was researching multiple companies offering video signboard products and services for a non-profit I volunteer. Many of them only offer a bundled package of hardware and services on a subscription basis. OptiSigns not only allows you the freedom to provide your own hardware (Amazon Fire or Raspberry Pi and your own flat panel TV) they also offer a discount for non-profits. I found it simple to implement and maintain remotely.

Cons

I wish OptiSigns supported more apps as plug-ins to their signboard software.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

OptiSigns allowed me to use my own hardware and the monthly subscription cost was well below their competition. OptiSigns also offered discounts to non-profits.

Seth from Galaxy Home Recreation

Worth it for the money

If you're looking for a digital signage solution that's not as expensive as the rest, this is it. Very limited on features and very basic interface. But if that's what you're wanting, that's what this is! I have several screens up and am adding more. The few issues I have had have been immediately resolved by customer service which has been more than great! It hasn't crashed during display and has done it's job reliably.

Pros

Price for what you get. About 1/2 the cost of other platforms.

Cons

Very basic interface, not a lot of screen options.

Victoria from Psalm107two

Excellent Product/Service

Excellent software. I have noticed a renewed interest in many of the projects that had been started but was losing its drive. People are drawn to the production I created with OptiSigns and are asking questions about the projects. It has been amazing. I love OptiSigns!

Pros

This software was extremely user-friendly. I had my advertisement up and running very quickly and easily.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I did not like about this software. From start to finish, it was easy and very helpful.

Raina from Reading Horizons

Simple and affordable

Right now I am testing it and really like it.

Pros

First of all the price is great! I was also impressed with customer service. I called and no once answered, I received a call back within 10 minutes and he was able to help me with all my issues. It's a nice simple program.

Cons

Haven't found anything I really dislike yet. Could have a little more explanation on getting started.

Michael from knIT.work

A flexible front

I actually kind of like this program, but you need to com3e into it with the right expectations. This software is NOT like ScreenCloud or other programs. It is a simple front for what looks like Google Sign Builder that offers some expanded features that Google doesnt include. This is not a condemnation of the system, but it is something to be aware of. They offer a generous trial period, and contact you during the trial to ensure you dont need assistance. Its flexibility is both a strength and weakness. This is not like other full-featured systems that provide templates, plug-ins, and software to sit directly on your screen. Instead, they provide a simple, powerful interface to upload and display your own custom assets. This is both a blessing and a curse, depending on your skill level and your comfort with creating assets.

Pros

The flexibility of file types, and the ease of scheduling.

Cons

Seems like a front for Google Sign Builder.

Tyler from Market Space One

Great for in house marketing

I am very happy with Optisigns. It has allowed me to create better relationships with my clients and allow me to get to the next level in my business.

Pros

Great value for the money. This software has allowed me to help several of my restaurant clients improve their in house marketing with promoting their events and specials effectively.

Cons

Just a few minor issues have been a bit of a pain. Sometimes the software will kick off on some of the Tvs or not load up and it has to be rebooted. Not sure if an Amazon Firestick issue or if it is part of the optisigns software.

Sonia from La Casa de la Tortilla

Easy to install, easy to use, excellent quality

I am able to show the menu on the restaurant area.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use. I had no problems with the installation, it was simple. When uploading the images for the sign was fast and the quality of the image remained the same. I love that I can setup a sign schedule for the day.

Cons

The least thing I liked it was that some files I was not able to upload them because they were to heavy, and I had to modify the size of the files. I was not able to view some clips (video files in mp4 and other formats) I was only able to view jpg or png files.

Maggie from RedRock Security and Cabling

Easy to Use Tool

Pros

It is easy to setup and use. We can keep information current and add and remove things quickly. Other programs I looked at had a very in depth setup process that made it cumbersome to make changes. The drag and drop feature is awesome, as is the ability to load schedules so I can plan ahead and not have to be in it daily.

Cons

I wish there were more apps already pre-loaded. It would be nice to have more options with the speed controls, but it just takes some tweaking to get where we needed.

Saundra from Lancaster Bible College | Capital Seminary & Graduate School

Amazing Customer Service & Tutorials

I was impressed for the reasons above and we will keep OptiSigns on our minds as we choose a digital sign software.

Pros

The customer service for OptiSigns is fast and reliable. I had several questions throughout my trial with OptiSigns and I heard back from them within a day. OptiSigns is growing in features! The tutorials are helpful - providing pages with the most frequently asked questions with helpful pictures.

Cons

OptiSigns is still growing with some of their features, such as scheduling content (vs. playlists) and there is a load time for certain apps. However, they are working to improve these things and they are rolling out new features frequently from what I see.

Carmela from Intero Real Estate

Optisigns Review

My overall experience was a good one. Seriously, thanks to the rep for being so patient.

Pros

Customer Service was awesome and VERY helpful. The rep got back to me super quick too. Once you get the different pages down and the correct sizing of each screen its pretty simple to use

Cons

Trying to learn the technology and the correct sizing was a little hard, but the help we got for it made up for the cons. Ithink you could make the sizing screens a little easier to read, even when sending correct measurements.

Brian from Concordia University St. Paul

Great price and not bloated

We are reviewing systems to replace our current one. OptiSigns looks to be a much lower cost alternative to our current solution.

Pros

The software is easy to use and not bloated with tons of useless features.

Cons

A little too simplistic. It needs a bit more customization (not much, just a bit).

Alec from Food and Beverages

Great service

Pros

Easy to use, affordable, always stable and works great

Cons

Nothing. It was easy to set up and use.

GOOD PRODUCT. JUST DIDN'T FEED OUR NEEDS

Good product. Just need more apps and to be more user friendly.

Pros

Great Price. Quick sign up. Free Trial

Cons

Not a lot of apps A bit complicated for average user. (I have a degree in computer software management and i found it time consuming)

Renee from St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School

Turned my TV into Digital Signage

I enjoyed my free trial, and I intend to purchase the software in the future.

Pros

I really enjoyed how easy this was to set up.

Cons

There was a slight learning curve to it, and I figured it out by trial and error.

Mainly the price.

David from Rolling Hills Community Church

Great Value for the Money

Overall, I find OptiSigns to be a great value for what it costs to use. We were paying triple the money for a terrible experience before we found OptiSigns.

Pros

The software is relatively simple to use. I've used other digital signage products in the past and some of them just do not make any sense. OptiSigns is straight-forward and works the way it should.

Cons

I do wish that there were more options when it comes to transitioning between assets. Right now, all that is offered is a hard transition between elements. A simple dissolve would be nice.

Response from Voev

Replied February 2019

Hi David, Thank you for your review! Transition effects is on our road map and something we are actively working on. For now, you can put your assets in a Google Slide as workaround. It's quite simple to do: https://www.optisigns.com/blog/use-google-slides-with-optisigns Thank you!

Glynn from Anderson Mill Baptist Church

Easy to use and reliable

OptiSigns was easy to setup, easy to use and has a great price point. The service is reliable and if you have problems, customer service is very responsive.

Pros

The price, ease of use, customer service

Cons

I wish you had the ability to create a playlist of music that would play while the assets rotate playing

Willard from Pop's Chevrolet & Buick Cadillac

Great product

Great to show out customers what vehicles we are interested in When they come in.

Pros

The product is really easy to use and easy to setup.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of so far

Dylan from Chenoa Fitness Center

OptiSigns Review

Pros

This is the most affordable digital signage software to run on a fire stick and offer many options.

Cons

Functionality of apps and the scheduling.

Rob from Food & Beverages

In house ads

Its been great and now using it at 4 locations

Pros

Optisigns is now our solution to getting information out in front of guests. We run daily and weekly specials on multiple tvs. We use the scheduling feature to make sure we get the most out of each ad.

Cons

We have not found one negative things about optisigns.

Price and ease of use

Adam from Sherway Group

Industry: Warehousing

Great Option for Easy and Quick Displays

Used perfectly to display a rotating set of pages that display KPI to a warehouse floor

Pros

No fuss setup with usable trial out of the box to demonstrate to buying authority it was the right choice.

Cons

Some features were not 100% polished and caused errors when setting up the final environment, like the "context menu" in Amazon Fire app

Overall great experience with OptiSigns

Pros

OptiSigns does exactly what I need it to do, minus one feature that is very specific to my business.

Cons

The only con I've found in this software is the ability to manually navigate between signs. This is a feature that I would love, and have been told is going to be implemented. So I can't really consider it a con.

Kenny from sjk international inc

It is a good app and very easy to install

Pros

It is easy to start and launch the app. They also provide good customer support. I have tried to contacts couple of times throught emails

Cons

The app is currently lacking of social media links to engage customers. It was very hard for me to utilize social media platforms to engage friends and new customers.

Amber from The Travel Agent, Inc.

Small Business Welcoming System

Pros

We use this at our entrance TV that sees a lot of foot traffic. I love how I can easily change the playlist to be relevant to what upcoming events are being held. And it easily allows me to welcome guests who have made an appointment!

Cons

Nothing, it's very easy to use and change!

Justin from iFoodEquipment

Industry: Wholesale

Store Signage Made Easy

Pros

The software is VERY easy to setup and use, i have two screens set up and running with our promotional ads in less then an hour!

Cons

The "scheduled" option wasn't syncing with our timezone, so we just opted to keep the ads running at all times and turn the tv's off at the end of the day.

Diane from Padre Dam MWD

Industry: Utilities

Digital Signage

Wanted to replace an aging digital display system in our company lobby.

Pros

Easy to setup using inexpensive hardware. Trial allowed us to do real world testing in our environment.

Cons

You couldn't easily setup a slide show without using Google Slides. The Google produces don't work with some other products so I wasn't able to use OptiSigns. It would be a great system if you don't need complex screens or if you can use Google products with it. This product doesn't work for us so we didn't purchase it.

Doug from Angus Operations

Industry: Oil & Energy

a solid product

Pros

I like the ability to change content quickly

Cons

I wish it were more affordable large scale.

maria from Prince Umberto

Optisign

i have looking online for a long time and this is by far the best price and software for this

Phil from a.i. solutions

Industry: Defense & Space

Not sure yet.

Still demoing this software.

Pros

Easy to upload media content. Price is great.

Cons

Add screen feature should have the download available when clicking add screen. Had to go back out to main site to find client player software. No place to view digital signage after done editiing.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Replied September 2019

Hi Phil, Thank you for the feedback. We actually do have Preview feature now, you can just click Preview button before making assignment to the screen. Here's more details: https://support.optisigns.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035739414

Mike from American Fence Co.

It has made it easier to communicate important information to my team.

Pros

Price and easy setup. Like the fact that i could use a Amazon Fire Stick to set this up.

Cons

Wish it would auto update when i update my files on my computer vs. having to upload daily.

Collin from BW Marshalltown Venture LLC

New screens for convention center hotel

very easy to set up and use.

Pros

I love how easy it is to upload content and the scheduling function is phenominal

Cons

I wish there were more apps or widgets, like a header bar for the top and a dynamic widget for weather or scrolling news at the bottom

Dakota from Viewtiful Creative

My OptiSigns Experience

Pros

The software itself is user-friendly, straight forward and easy to understand. The price point for me is the most attractive aspect of it.

Cons

I wish there was a little more control in regard to creating Schedules, and reviewing exactly what is displaying in a screen. Currently, I struggle with just having to assume a screen has been updated that I cannot see. There is nothing in place that confirms this for me in real-time.

DAndre from Boostflow

Digital Signage

Great price, no issues so far (3 months use)

Pros

Easy to use website and simple to categorize content

Cons

Cant see screen in real time through website. I wish I could separate content by more than just playlist and separate playlists by companies

Marc from Dentons Deli Limited

Positively professional, ,makes such a difference to our customers perception of our business!

Pros

Ability to amend and control displays remotely. Dynamic content and range of content types supported.

Cons

Often takes time to update new content when uploaded to cloud, not the most stable of app interfaces.