All OptiSigns Reviews

Used unspecified

Highly Recommend OptiSigns.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Complex Scheduling Powerhouse

It's been wonderful. Pricing was honest and upfront, deployment was simple and we had 30 screens up and running in under a day. Support has been responsive. OptiSigns is a great company to partner with.

PROS

The first feature that attracted me to OptiSigns was the scheduling engine. My organization has some very specific scheduling needs and OptiSigns was the only provider that could meet our needs. We need three sets of content that could rotate on a bi-weekly basis for each content set. So we need to be able to schedule at least six weeks in advance, OptiSigns was the only product that could meet our needs.

CONS

I have yet to find any real flaw with OptiSigns. Perhaps once per year one of our displays may need to be reset and reconnected to the console. Honestly though, that could be a network issue or a client device issue. I can't honeslty say with certainity that OptiSigns is the true source of this once in a blue moon occurence.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

My organization has some very specific scheduling needs and OptiSigns was the only provider that could meet our needs. Chrome Sign Builder, while free, was too simple for what we needed.

Matthias

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Optisigns our new Solution for digital signage

Overall a very good experience and i´m happy, when the solution has replaced some windows pc´s

PROS

I like the flexible way to upgrade the plans. I like the free android devices, which allow a smart solution for digital signage (less power consumption like Windows PC, less maintenance, less to mount on the wall)

CONS

Its diffuicult to order and pay, because we´re in europe and we have other payment methods, like pay by invoice. Its possible with Optisign, but more difficult. I think also, there should be a location in europe (because of shipping).

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

Better pricing and free android device. Also the handling was better.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Because DSSHow is not userfriendly and has difficult licensing, not cloud based and is only running on Windows

Hi Matthias, Thank you so much for your feedback. I will forward your feedback to our Team for further research on that. Best regards, Kate

Replied February 2024

tom

Broadcast Media, 2-10 employees

Sign Playout software

:( sad.

PROS

Player outputs in portrait mode and can flip

CONS

It's subscription not needed for simple layout and or multi locations when administration is "local" non cloud operations. Getting locked out of the operating app sad.

Gina

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Best Digital Sign Decision we ever made.

We used a different program for years, it was expensive and antiquated. There were hardly any templates and it would not communicate with our screen about 80% of the time. When it was time to find a new program, we switched to OptiSigns because of the amount of templates (for my employees that are not computer savvy), the cost and the sheer ease of using the program. It is and was a huge game-changer in our display screen.

PROS

We used a different digital sign program for many years, it was old and outdated. We moved to OptiSigns 2 years ago and it was the best decision we ever made. The templates are abundant, the ease of adding new signs is amazing. OptiSigns runs so smoothly and each of our assets looks so crisp and fresh that every visitors that comes in to our center comments on the screen of information.

CONS

I can honestly say, there is nothing I don't like about it. I guess if I had to find one small thing, it is maybe have a few more tourism related templates

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

We did not look at others because we knew we wanted to use OptiSigns. I had looked at their website, talked with the customer service and just knew it was the right fit for us.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

doPublicity was expensive and did not work well, the screens would not communicate with the mandatory box they sold and the screens looked outdated and dull. When our fourth box broke and we had to pay a service fee to call-in to the 800 customer service number, we knew it was time to move on and find something better. That's when we switched to OptiSigns and we are so glad we did,

Ian

Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees

OptiSign Review

Solid overall, not sure if I’m sold yet. However I might revisit if/when the ai face detection is more fleshed out. Customer service was fantastic, I really felt like [sensitive content hidden] went above and beyond in helping me resolve my issues.

PROS

Ease of use, feature set, customer support

CONS

Coming from BrightSign editor, the kiosk editor felt like it was lacking. I was unable to figure out how to implement an attract loop(short video loop) with a button/link overlaid on it. The AI face detection was nice, however I was unsure of how valid the data was or how meaningful it was. Age detection would be better for my needs. Also the ability to stop a video when someone walked away would be nice, as well as logging where in the video they lost attention.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

I wanted to try the AI face detection for a specific use case at the museum. This was the only product I found that provided an off the shelf attempt at this kind of analytics.

Daniela

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great product! Just what we needed!

I really just love this! It is better than any other alternative for digital signage I was considering. I will be recommending it to my other clients.

PROS

Various things. First, the fact that I am able to manage the playlist from anywhere is important because I am not at the location everyday. The easiness was also critical so that any manager on duty can manage it as needed. It is exactly what we needed to promote essential aspects of the restaurant.

CONS

I don't have any complaints really. The only thing that I would say is that I can see how having to plug it in can be a little difficult. Thankfully for us there was a plug near the TV, and eventually we moved to a USB adapter, but it might not be as easy for all users.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

It is easier and doesn't require as much to get it started (no ads, no other videos, etc).

Paige

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Great Service

I feel a better guide could help me understand the screening process. It should be made clear that both the TV and your laptop must have the Optisign app- If the TV does not offer the app, you must order the sticks. The pairing instructions could be better written. Also, a feature quick guide would be great. We did do a demo before purchasing, but honestly, the CS Rep was not very engaging, nor did he come prepared to show a demo. It was more or less a Q & A.

PROS

It is easy to use and has many features compared to a prior service.

CONS

Youtube videos are not streaming correctly, nor have I been able to get weather alerts to work correctly.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Cost and features. Skykit was not as user-friendly, and the annual cost was double.

Hi Paige, Thank you so much for the feedback. I will forward it to our Product Team and Customer Support Team for improvements. Best regards, Kate

Replied January 2024

Terese

Retail, 2-10 employees

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

I love OptiSigns and I’m so happy I found it!!! Super easy to understand and you can create any sign you want with it! Even if you’re a beginner, you’ll feel like a pro with your new sign that you made!

PROS

I love how easy it is to use and pair. It updates quickly and looks very professional.

CONS

Not much.. I feel like maybe sometimes it can be a bit laggy but could just be my connection.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Not sure if that’s exactly what we used but the menu had no organization, it was just all over the place and we had to call them to update things we wanted changed. Now, if there’s a problem, I just fix it right then and there

Hi Terese, Thank you so much for your insightful feedback. Best regards, Kate

Replied February 2024

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

A much needed change in digital signage

I’ve been happy with Optisign! I was able to take advantage of the free devices and set up has been great!

PROS

One of the most important features that made us choose Optisign is the ability to run two playlists on the same on a divided up screen through zoning. Optisign makes this possible and done fairly easily.

CONS

I wish before purchasing or starting a free trial, that all of the features were listed on the website.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Our old system was archaic and buggy. It required us to physically go into the server room to plug in a USB drive into an old tower. This system is cleaner and less disruptive.

Thomas

Printing, 2-10 employees

Starting up instore

very nice cms system for controlling your screens

PROS

After trying another system where we had download all kind of extensions and third party software I saw the app in google play and it immediately works even the refresh and. upload to screens where quite fast

CONS

dont really know yet still learning the system

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

saw in google and google play and am trying to offer this to my customers

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

it was actually the same day it did not have app on my android tv and the installation. was really clunky and the update time very slow optisign seemed more robust

Caspar

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great hospitality upgrade in our restaurant!

Our goal was to do an upgrade from our regular TV and USB stick setup, which was a pain to manage and therefore very static. We have started a 30-day trial, which is great because of a lack of pressure. Spare time is very limited in the restaurant business. So this gave us plenty of time to evaluate and test out its features. Not requiring a credit card is also nice. Furthermore, the restaurant business is always clamoured for budget. Especially in these Covid-times. Giving us the opportunity to go forward with cheap hardware and software investments (most of the parts were already in place) and delivering a works-just-fine experience is a pleasant surprise. Going forward gave us (all of the personnel) great ideas to pursue with our new found digital signage solution.

PROS

Most prominent features for us are the smooth integrations with the Socials. Instagram and Facebook (business) feeds were a breeze to setup. As well as our Google and FB reviews. This is just great to see for our customers (feedback) as well as our personnel (pride of work). Note: Some other offerings failed totally at or did not support this at all. Any media type (pictures and video) we have thrown at it so far works just right out of the box. Whether in landscape or portrait mode. And being able to fling together a picture with captions, icons and stickers at a moment’s notice is great! The flow from recording on your phone to showing on screen takes 15 minutes. It just works stable and like a charm on our 'low-end' hardware, like our Mi TV Sticks (Android TV). Haven't seen any crashes yet. And rest assured that the app will recover and update itself in case of any issues. Very good set-and-forget setup.

CONS

Having just trialed OptiSigns for a couple of weeks now we have not come across any issues of mention yet. Surely it may lack some super detailed or niche feature sets, customization options or device management others may offer, but the pricing per screen completely makes up for that. The management system may be a bit overwhelming for our employees to self-manage. So management of assets may remain with me, the IT admin, such is life. Although this may be overcome with giving them e.g. access to a Google Slides presentation and incorporate that. And of course, the social and other feeds update themselves automatically. If OptiSigns ever would offer an easy fool-proof phone/tablet-to-screen (iOS and Android) content-creation phone app to manage assets this would be a killer solution!

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

The price-performance comparison is favorable for OptiSigns. It did everything we required and more at a reasonable price per screen. It just works great on low-end hardware. Which is fantastic if your organisation is working on a tight budget. Going from static images to using social feeds and videos is already a huge step forward for us. Having other options available to us in the future (better hardware and further apps to explore) only adds to our excitement to build on this.

Levi

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Very functional mobile app and easy to adjust content from anywhere

The ease of use, ability to schedule content from anywhere, and quality of playback using OptiSigns has been a gamechanger for us. We continue to find new ways to engage our guests now that we have unlocked so many possibilities with a platform that stays up to date with technological changes in the industry.

PROS

It is so easy to schedule content, edit playlists and switch out media.

CONS

There are some small interface issues with scheduling custom repeating events that show up here and there. This is not a major issue as it can be solved by refreshing and recreating the event, but it is worth refining. I also would like to see the emergency message center added to the mobile app, and a bit quicker response on the support side. These are all things that I believe will be improved as this platform continues to grow.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

OptiSigns offered the features we needed for what we felt was a reasonable price. Many providers charge more for a system that is not as easy for entry-level employees to use and more tedious to update or set up.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

We will continue to use CenterEdge Advantage for many other aspects of our facility management. The Digital Signage platform they offer is not their main priority, nor is it the most important service they provided for us. We needed a more robust solution for signage, and OptiSigns delivered.

Jesus Hiram

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Very good service

When the platform is working like it should, it´s perfect, great tools and ease of use.

PROS

It´s a robust platform, it´s very easy to use and deploy, we can have hundreds of players working on multiple Teams.

CONS

Some times there are problems with the servers and the service in general, like when I´m unable to upload content, unable to use Canva, White label platform doesn´t work like the official one.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

Ease of use and better tools.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Broadsign it´s not a visual platform, it doesn´t have a friendly interface and it´s not easy to use for the final client, doesn´t have Templates and Apps.

Barret

Wholesale, 501-1,000 employees

OptiSigns Review

Overall, we have had a pleasant experience with OptiSigns. It was a much better solution to our previous Digital Signage company and we are looking to expand the signage to more locations.

PROS

OptiSigns was extremely easy to implement throughout our 15 branches and fit our budget. Scheduling content for specific locations was a plus for us as well.

CONS

The On/Off Feature with the managed devices does not always work, we are still trying to iron this issue out.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

The portal was much more user friendly and OptiSigns had the ability to schedule the devices to turn on and off themselves.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Using a WordPress site as our signage was not sustainable. In order to get updated content out, branches would have to refresh their computer. Having a platform that automatically refreshed content allowed us to be light on our feet in terms of marketing and promotions.

Brant

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Best Digital Signage Platform on the Market

OptiSigns allows me update 3 large TV screens spread across two different floors of our agency. I'm using video, still images, an Instagram connected feed, local weather widget and other media on occasion and through playlists can set things just the way I want. Troubleshooting remotely is a blessing and it's low cost just sweetens the whole deal!

PROS

The intuitive setup and ease of use when working with media of all sorts really helped get content on our agency's screens quickly and easily. The added plug-ins for social helped too because it reduced the amount of content that we have to update manually – we get just set, adjust and tweak until we get the desired result. Perfect!

CONS

This isn't really a knock on OptiSigns, but our pain point was working with BrightSign players and their terrible interface to even get to OptiSigns. Once the endless provisioning and reboots were complete, selecting and using a partner software for the players were a breeze.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

Pricing and features were the number one reason to start the free trial as a test run to make sure it offered everything we needed. The fact that it checked all the boxes and was simple to use made it a no brainer.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

enPlug's pricing made renewing with them prohibitive. We had not renewed during the pandemic since we were out of the office, but starting back up led us to look around at what alternatives would work best for us in terms of price and functionality.

Amber

Museums and Institutions, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Columbus Museum of Art LOVES OptiSigns!

PROS

I needed to find a simple software with the capability to display onto digital screens throughout the Museum. I had a hard time finding something within our small budget. OptiSigns came out on top in all categories, ease of use, nonprofit pricing, customer service, and more. The software is simple to learn and I can add a screen in just a few minutes. Also, adding a new asset is simple and if I want to upload something I created in a different program (like Adobe) OptiSigns makes it easy to do so.

CONS

The design software is a little clunky. But once you can play around it is easy to manage. So long as you understand Canva, anyone can do it. The scheduling a playlist is also a little confusing at first. You just have to experiment and you'll get the hang of it.

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

The pricing was just unbeatable. Also the experience of the product reps, night and day. There were simply no other platforms I considered to be close.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

Vital Signs (this program was not listed) was horrendous, it was also cutting off its services forcing us to do a much needed switch.

Stephen

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Optisign made things easier for us

Very satisfied. The management of these has been much easier compared to competitors, and when time is limited, that is a huge benefit.

PROS

The dedicated built-in hardware android players are fast and easy to setup, and swap where needed.

CONS

The players seem to die out quickly due to overheating. But this is being addressed in a newer model over the next few months

Reason for choosing OptiSigns

Cost was significantly less, and and the UI was easier.

Reasons for switching to OptiSigns

To diificult to maintain out own players at a higher cost, and playlists kept breaking

Aidan