Browse OptiSigns Reviews

Cameron from Sweet Express

Inexpensive Option; easy to use.

We are using OptiSigns for internal signage and announcements within our 70 person office staff. This will hopefully allow us to better display company achievements and news.

Pros

This software does exactly what I would hope it'd do.

Cons

It is a very functional software on PC's, however, I do wish there was better ROKU support. This would eliminate the need for an additional PC and a lot less work would be necessary.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Price point was the ultimate determining factor.

too expensive!

John from HOMETOWN PUB AND GRUB

Hometown Pub and Grub

So far, my experience has been great with the system and customer service.

Pros

What I like the most is the ease to set up a playlist with my own photos. The templets they have are very professional looking and easy to change the wordage and pricing. The downloading of the software was very simple, it took me about 20 minutes to set up 2 tv's

Cons

Learning to work with the dashboard could be a little bit better, but I'm sure in time I will have it down.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

1. The cost is reasonable 2. You go on their website and try the templets. 3. Customer service was always there when I needed them

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

I was looking for digital signage and I seen Nento on Facebook with a 20-day free trial, so I decided to try the product. They were to set up my menu on their playlist then I can display it on my tv's. They couldn't get the menu to fit on the screens right. They also have a marketing system with their Wi-Fi that my customers use. The wi-fi never worked properly. I called customer service 5 time and left a message, because no one answered the phone and the never got back to me till 7 days later, they said they are working on it. The issues haven't been resolved on day 12 of a 20-day free trial. I'm not waiting for day 20 to send it back, I'm in the prosses of sending their equipment back now.

Edward from Go Logistics

Easy Setup

Reasonable. I received what was expected.

Pros

We were considering options for self-driven publishing and found OptiSign to have the right mix of affordability and flexibility.

Cons

I would welcome the ability to "lock" certain fields from editing in order to ensure brand consistency without dedicated marketing personnel on the Admin side.

Usability

Derek from Morcon Tissue

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Simple & Cost Effective - A Disruptor

We found OptiSigns after we found initial software we planned to roll out was missing a critical feature. We had already evaluated a few other signage solutions but stumbled on Opti and decided to try it. I was left impressed with the simplicity, features, and competitive pricing compared to the other solutions we tested. Also it works with Fire TV's and android TVs so you are not forced to purchase additional equipment if you have a compatible TV already.

Pros

Really enjoy this digital signage solution so far. Competitively priced compared to peers and does not lack in features. Was super simple to set up and start creating screens and playlists. We plan to roll this out among our locations after finishing the testing period.

Cons

If there's too many elements on one screen, the screen can lag a bit. I'm sure this also depends on device being used. This was not a big concern as it took a lot of elements on a single slide before it became sluggish.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Important feature was found to be missing (was slated to be implemented but had not been yet).

Francis from PUBXPRESS

Industry: Broadcast Media

December 2021

This is my point of view....after testing many others solutions

Pros

Easy depoyment easy of use. Big versatility with template and alot of them available that help to be up and running fast.

Cons

Only thing i think it's a cons is not about the software but more about the Roku Company that not make sure we could use all the option available from Opt-Signs like app, facebook or other like weather. They dont simply not work on the built in channel but only from external player. But for the Trial before to subscribe i was really happy about the fact the system was running the same minute that we registrer the screen.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Because it was like i said built in the set of (5) TVs we buy and implement at low cost at the store.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

They were built in the Roku Channel...so it was easy to make the switch as long we could have internet connection to the screen.

Ibrahim from Mr Geek

Definitely the best option for Digital Signage

less administration and more functionality

Pros

has looked into a variety of Digital Signage options. And OptiSigns is without a doubt the greatest I've come across thus far. They have a lot of modules and features. It's simple to use, and they provide a lot of templates that you may use or customize.

Cons

- I wish it have data stored in Europe country. In terms of data retention and GDPR - Don't support Sharepoint connector yet.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

price, more modules and very good asset editor

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

They don't offer any modules or got enough functionality to Digital Signage usage

Tyler from Bitstream LLC

Feature packed, suprisingly inexpensive

We purchased the preconfigured Raspberry Pis provided by OptiSigns, and it's been a breeze to set them up. The device is shipped already attached to our account, making configuration as simple as plug-and-play. We run these devices 24/7 to display a simple dynamic webpage, and we've had no issues or complaints thus far.

Pros

OptiSigns is incredibly simple to set up. I appreciate the wide variety of supported devices and operating systems. On the client side, the interface and experience is consistent across all supported players. The remote control function for Raspberry Pi devices is an excellent additional feature to have. Team and permissions management is native to the OptiSigns platform.

Cons

Genuinely enjoy using this product. I have no complaints or feature suggestions at this time.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Features are on par with or greater than other providers. Cost is competitive. Easy plug-and-play deployment process. Simple and foolproof interface.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Replied May 2021

Thank you Tyler!

Chris from Evlite Computers

Industry: Computer Hardware

So far so good

having numbers and schedules easily displayed on a tv screen, saving paper and time.

Pros

Pricing. right on point where these services should be. Ease of use with the admin panel.

Cons

No zoom in feature with using the website app.

value, features.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Raised the price to an amount that is well beyond its work. Removed the free features for those who refuse to pay their crazy amount. Constant app crashes

Ross from Institute of Complementary Medicine

Best option out there

I'm absolutely LOVING OptiSigns!

Pros

When you add slides to the slideshow, they appear without any issue. You can use images, music, videos, and even PowerPoint presentations. Create something in PowerPoint and use that exact file without having to change or recreate anything.

Cons

I think the dashboard/playlist layout could be a bit more intuitive but it didn't take me long at all to figure it out.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

I can use my existing setup instead of having to purchase a specific piece of equipment to make it work and I don't have to add my credit card for the free trial. Also, the editor is top-notch!

Adrian from Real Retro

This is better than most

Easy. Easy. Easy.

Pros

We used (tried to use) doPublicity with their equipment, it was a total failure!

Cons

We are new to OptiSigns but we will update this review as needed.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

The easy of use and the simple intuitiveness of this platform

Stefan from DUMAX GmbH Immobilienagentur

Perfekter Einstieg!

Jetzt können die Interessenten im Fenster alle Angebote sehen.

Pros

Das ganze war spielend leicht einzurichten und hat auf Anhieb funktioniert, bin total begeistert!

Cons

Kann ich im Moment noch nicht feststellen.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Weil xibo zu umfangreich ist und zu viele Probleme gemacht hat.

Ryan from RBS

Easy, Simple, and Clean.

We were looking for signage for the office foyer and break room. In one day we had them both up including installing the tvs.

Pros

The ease of setting up a playlist and pushing it out. Each tv is able to have its own tv.

Cons

Roku app is not supported. The app is available and works but crashes all the time. We loaded Firestick and it worked like a champ.

Caspar from Bij Best. Breakfast, Lunch & Coffee

Industry: Restaurants

Great hospitality upgrade in our restaurant!

Our goal was to do an upgrade from our regular TV and USB stick setup, which was a pain to manage and therefore very static. We have started a 30-day trial, which is great because of a lack of pressure. Spare time is very limited in the restaurant business. So this gave us plenty of time to evaluate and test out its features. Not requiring a credit card is also nice. Furthermore, the restaurant business is always clamoured for budget. Especially in these Covid-times. Giving us the opportunity to go forward with cheap hardware and software investments (most of the parts were already in place) and delivering a works-just-fine experience is a pleasant surprise. Going forward gave us (all of the personnel) great ideas to pursue with our new found digital signage solution.

Pros

Most prominent features for us are the smooth integrations with the Socials. Instagram and Facebook (business) feeds were a breeze to setup. As well as our Google and FB reviews. This is just great to see for our customers (feedback) as well as our personnel (pride of work). Note: Some other offerings failed totally at or did not support this at all. Any media type (pictures and video) we have thrown at it so far works just right out of the box. Whether in landscape or portrait mode. And being able to fling together a picture with captions, icons and stickers at a moment’s notice is great! The flow from recording on your phone to showing on screen takes 15 minutes. It just works stable and like a charm on our 'low-end' hardware, like our Mi TV Sticks (Android TV). Haven't seen any crashes yet. And rest assured that the app will recover and update itself in case of any issues. Very good set-and-forget setup.

Cons

Having just trialed OptiSigns for a couple of weeks now we have not come across any issues of mention yet. Surely it may lack some super detailed or niche feature sets, customization options or device management others may offer, but the pricing per screen completely makes up for that. The management system may be a bit overwhelming for our employees to self-manage. So management of assets may remain with me, the IT admin, such is life. Although this may be overcome with giving them e.g. access to a Google Slides presentation and incorporate that. And of course, the social and other feeds update themselves automatically. If OptiSigns ever would offer an easy fool-proof phone/tablet-to-screen (iOS and Android) content-creation phone app to manage assets this would be a killer solution!

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

The price-performance comparison is favorable for OptiSigns. It did everything we required and more at a reasonable price per screen. It just works great on low-end hardware. Which is fantastic if your organisation is working on a tight budget. Going from static images to using social feeds and videos is already a huge step forward for us. Having other options available to us in the future (better hardware and further apps to explore) only adds to our excitement to build on this.

John from Oxford Performing Arts Center

Excellent Solution

We have implented OptiSigns to power about 30 digital displays in our multi-disciplinary performing arts venue which is visited by approximately 150,000 guests annually. These displays are used for wayfinding, concessions/bar menus, box office signage, marketing assets, and even projection. Our team of staff has been thrilled with OptiSigns and its ease of use vs. our previous system. In particular, the Notice Board app is incredibly useful for quick and professional deployment of content including messages like "OPAC welcomes Mr. John Doe" for day time meetings with donors. Our previous software for digital signage had only the most basic of notice board functionality.

Pros

OptiSigns is HALF the cost of our previous software per screen/per month. As a non-profit, we work hard to use cost-effective solutions. The feature set of OptiSigns is far greater than our previous system and after reviewing our options, it appears much more powerful than other solutions. The deployment using Amazon Fire Sticks is absurdly easy. The affordability and availability of Fire Sticks also makes it super quick and easy to add additional screens. OptiSigns does not charge for additional users. This is super helpful for a non-profit as we can empower our part-time staff to update our digital signage as needed. Other software options can charge up to $15 per user per month in addition to the per screen charge! The folder management tool is awesome! It is very easy for each one of our departments to organize assets and keep things clean.

Cons

This is really more of a wishlist rather than cons Presets - We would love the ability to have mass presets that could be deployed quickly. For example, a preset would deploy different "Post-show" content to all screens for display as audiences leave. Likewise, "intermission" specific content could be deployed to different screens. Chromebox - I would like to see better integration for Chromebox devices in kiosk mode.

Enplug, Yodeck, Visix, Nowsignage, and others

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

The cost of OptiSigns was half the price of Screencloud with our non-profit discount. OptiSigns also has far greater functionality than Screencloud

Julie from Trailside Bakery & Cafe

Look no further

Love the product thus far

Pros

I have TouchBistro and their digital menu did not work at all. I have searched and searched tried multiple trials and this was by far user user friendly and easy to use even if you are not tech savvy. I can add my continuous updates to the menu as we have to keep adjusting due to food costs and the shortages. It loads in seconds beautifully. I even mark out what items we sell out of. Don’t waste your time looking around!

Cons

The symbols are a little lacking and could not change the color on the ones I wanted to use from the template. Also I could not find the font though it was used in the template. I hope as I learn how to upload and edit I think it won’t matter. I also wish I could set the font size with a number not a slider bar it’s to hard to get it exact but I managed to make it close.

Price and ease of use

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

The digital menu only allows five categories and limited items in those categories. They told me their system was more for a food truck. So then why do you sell me a $20 a month product that doesn’t work for a restaurant when your system is for restaurants.

Chris from Park Avenue UMC

Amazing Customer Service

After researching and comparing several services, we reached out to our top three based on price and functionality. OptiSigns was the most reasonably priced and had the most pleasant and knowledgeable customer service representatives. During our trial, we tested several pieces of equipment. They were always responsive and positive with all the different configurations we tried. With the other companies we researched, we were immediately bombarded with sales pitches. As a non-profit, we are on a tight budget. The Optisigns app with the three zones feature does everything we needed it to do and more. Our displays look amazing. It's so nice to have something other than just a slide-show. We're able to incorporate slide-shows, critical information, and a weather-scroll. We love it!

Pros

The software can be used via FireStick App, Web-based, or computer app-based. The price for our application was also a great reason. The top-shelf customer service was what made us stick with them through our trial and ultimately pay for the service. Also, during the trial, we were able to take advantage of the full software features.

Cons

The software is great but there is a slight learning curve to know the lingo and assigning what needs to go where. After that, it's smooth sailing.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

A reasonable price for our setup was the first reason we tried Optisigns. As a non-profit, we were able to take advantage of a discount. The excellent customer service during the trial period was enough to seal the deal.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

We switched to Optisigns because our software was outdated and no longer supported. The software had too many limitations and was only able to function as a picture slideshow. The Geffen players were discontinued and continually failed - even with a brownout. Because of the shortcomings of the Geffen players, our screens were constantly black.

Michael from Las Gaviotas

Las Gaviotas, Puerto Penasco Mexico - Using OptiSigns

Here at Las Gaviotas we are able to touch many business uses. Displaying Rules, check in procedures, Instructions for each shift of guards that come on duty. I am literally checking each Application and finding how I can make use of it in our organization. i will come back and write a more detailed review in a couple months as we have started out with 4 Screens and I see this growing Wildly. We are a 46 Unit Condominium complex right on the Sea of Cortez. We have all of our Condo connected with Fiber Internet. I can imagine Every condo with a Smart Screen that is used to display important information. Now, as I build that out I will be pestering OptiSigns for a Condo Owner Subscription price :) as when you can communicate with your Owners and Guests, you can enhance their Experience and Safety.

Pros

1st we are a non profit and we are using OptiSigns and the many Applications for displays around our facility. We have Guard Shacks where OptiSigns allows us to display many things on a single Monitor. We have or main office where renters check in and Owners go to check on Services. We are able to display many different Applications/Web pages in one place, in a Playlist and Scheduled. We are new and each Application in the inventory has a number of capabilities. Lots of learning going on and I must complement OptiSigns Support for answering every question. They even remote fixed one application that I was struggling with. Once they made the settings changes, I saw exactly what I was not understanding. They have help for each application and even in the short time we have deployed OptiSigns, I have seen new Application be rolled out.

Cons

I have not found any Cons when it come to OptiSigns, My only difficulty has been to stay focused and plan what i want to do as it is soooo tempting just to connect and get on with things.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

The number of easy to use Applications, fit my wide use case perfectly. The technical support has been superb and I am enjoying working with the OptiSigns Team.

Roger from National Board of Examiners in Optometry

Pleasantly surprised! Features and capabilities for novices, experts and everyone in-between!

So far, great! Scheduling has become my "go to" for digital signage.

Pros

Scheduling was not even on my radar until I tried OptiSigns. I created a couple of schedules "just playing around" and it opened my eyes to a whole new approach to delivering content. With this tool set, I can set the week in advance and tweak the schedules as changes arise. Very nice!

Cons

I am still looking for ways to provide a seamless update of the data being displayed for my non-techie users. I have some playlists that need to change multiple times throughout the day, based on situations and circumstances that are outside of our control. I need to make this as simple and easy as possible as I cannot afford for my users to have to spend a ton of time making changes to content. They are not graphic designers and shouldn't have to be.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Pricing model more agreeable. Product seems friendlier to setup and use. Did not need to purchase additional computers/hardware for all of my monitors. App is able to make the boot process of the signs very simple and seamless.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

That solution required a PC to be connected to be the "sign presenter". The studio to create the displays has a steep learning curve.

Bart from Bart's Crazy Good Coffee

Great value, especially for the price.

We started using Optisigns as a test un on a new digital display in our dining room. We liked both the price and the ease of use, as well as the quality of the display images so much that we have switched our digital menu displays (3) from our old digital display service to Optisigns.

Pros

Optisigns is easy to setup and implement. Sharing media and content is made very easy with the management dashboard. The quality of the display image is great and everything works smoothly and seamlessly.

Cons

The only, and I mean ONLY thing that I find is laking with Optisigns is digital menu application that makes it easy to update prices for menu items. Unfortunately as it is the menu has to be designed in an external application (like Photoshop) and converted to an image file and then uploaded as media. So, to change a price on one (or many) items requires a lot of work, but could be made much easier by using a menu app like one's available in other digital menu systems.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Price. Bottom line is the price of Optisigns for multiple screens is far better than what we were paying, and the ease of use is comparable to ScreenCloud (though it's missing a Menu app like we used in ScreenCloud).

Jeff from Abbey Eye Care

Exceptional Value

We have two screens in our office and want to have a good mix of organic content (that we create) and other content we pull from our social sites, weather feeds and news channels.

Pros

The whole platform is priced really well for a small business. It was easy to set up the hardware player, I used the Amazon Fire stick they have very good instructions on the OptSigns website as to how to configure it properly. Uploading assets and creating the playlist was also super easy.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of - the whole UX has been great to date.

Better pricing structure.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Screenly was getting more and more expensive and you could not download your assets once they were uploaded to their cloud servers - which was a huge downside because we had over 200 assets that we had created over the years and I could not retrieve them.

Dimitri from Dualite Sales & Service, Inc.

Extremely easy to use.

So far the overall experience has been great. I will have more on this as I start to add in more screens and different content.

Pros

The software is very easy to use when setting up playlist. Linking up to screens only takes seconds. I have been testing most of the features on a local chiropractors office screen through his firestick. Only took minutes to set up and push content live onto his screen from my phone. I do most of my content creation on the desktop with Adobe software. Once I upload the custom content from my desktop to the Optisigns cloud. I am able to simply control everything else on my phone when needed. This is nice for when I am remote from the office.

Cons

The mobile version of the website is sometimes tricky. Works better in vertical mode. When in widescreen mode most of the dashboard is cut off and innaccable even with scrolling. Maybe an app designed specifically for mobile would improve the ease of use via mobile.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

I am experimenting with a few other alternative products. Have not picked a favorite yet although Optisigns has been the most used on currently.

Mark from Tyrrelstown Educate Together NS

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great value for money, very easy to use

Our staff now have access to the most up to date information at a glance.

Pros

I really liked how simple optisigns was to set up. The templates that were provided were easily customisable and the integration of google calendar was the main reason I started to use optisigns.

Cons

I would like to see more consistency around syncing. Deleting an event on my google calendar does not sync to the optisign app. It will delete once a new event is created on the calendar.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Optisigns is a better fit for our organisation and was within our budget.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Optisigns is much easier to use and integrated better with the systems we already use.

Logan from Tony's Meats Ltd.

Industry: Food Production

Simple

The interface is simple, clean, and effective. Playlists and schedules are easy to manage. This is a top-notch product for anyone with digital signage needs.

Pros

OptiSigns has the most simple yet effective interface out of any other digital signage option I've looked at. Everything is easy to manage.

Cons

The limitations of using a Roku TV were disappointing, although I'm not sure if it's possible to fix. The ability to expand the assets section in Playlists would be helpful, or have a browser.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

It worked with the Roku TV and was much easier to use. We will need to purchase an Amazon Fire TV Stick to really start utilizing this, however, it is still cheaper and easier to maintain than the Raspberry Pis that most platforms require.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

This was much easier to use, and I was able to use it with a Roku TV. Although the Roku TV doesn't support web apps, this was a great way to test the product.

Jessica from NorthStar Foundation

BEST VALUE, QUALITY & SUPPORT

OUTSTANDING. Great support, wonderful opportunities to capture more individuals' attention.

Pros

I have no idea why anyone would use any other digital signage company. Seriously. I got hands on support all the way through before I even PURCHASED. They addressed every question within the same day. The application to create content is FREE-- I don't have to pay for the templates or any features. There's no hardware necessary unlike most other companies out there. If I could rate it ten stars I would. I love love love OptiSigns and I am so glad we chose them over the other companies we were looking at!

Cons

There is nothing bad I could say about this product, everything has gone so smoothly, from set up to content development.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

price. features. support. software/content creation capabilities. ease of use. you name it. I have no idea why anything else still exists.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

This was so clunky and hardware was expensive to purchase, you had to pay for the software and content development and every so often you have to update the hardware but unplugging it and getting it to a computer-- our tvs are hung about 10ft high, so there's no way I wanted to deal with that!

Jeffrey from Neighborly Eats LLC

Inexpensive and feature packed Digital Signage, Hooray!

Pros

We've been using this software at our restaurants for the past few years, and compared to other hardware/software solutions, Optisigns has really created a well thought out system to address all of our needs - and we have specific criteria that not many other companies met. For those times we needed help with the set up or maintenance, customer service was always accessible and found solutions to our many questions. Compatibility with other software and SAAS vendors had made a huge impact for us.

Cons

We are very happy with Optisigns and can't think of anything negative at this point.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Easier plug and play, easier user interface.

Camryn from KPA Engineers

Industry: Civil Engineering

Awesome, especially for displaying Outlook Calendar

The experience has been great so far!

Pros

We were specifically looking for a solution to display the Outlook calendar for our conference rooms, and OptiSigns was by far the most user-friendly and most capable of the functionality and look we desired.

Cons

I'm only on my first week of use, so any troubles I've had have all been training related.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

The ability to create a custom screen with the Outlook calendar, as well as our graphics.

For the Outlook Calendar

Mark from Mudpit.US

My Opinion

Customer support is seriously lacking for a paid service. I was promised a discount with my ongoing commitment with instructions on how to apply for it via email. I followed everything they asked and got NO response and was billed full price. I asked why the discount was not applied and got no response so I canceled the service and then I got a response why I was canceling and what they could do better going forward. I simply replied "honor your agreements" I didn't receive any apologize or any attempt to fix the situation or retain me as a customer. They quite clearly left an impression of "we don't care" whit me. I have since found a better service with another provider.

Pros

Easy for users that are new to digital signage. Has all the basic elements you might need but lacks for advanced features. If you require prompt customer support for your project, you will not find it here.

Cons

no online support. very basic, small set of modules that are not customizable. No cancellation option, had to go through web form and email that took several days.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Was testing their service. Ended up canceling after one month due to extremely slow customer support and misleading information about qualified discounts that were never given.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Replied February 2020

Hi Mark, Thank you for the feedback. Any customer can cancel service anytime by reducing subscription to Zero. As for discount, we looked at the communication records for your account in our system, we did responded and applied give you refund for the discount within 24h of your request. If you have further concerns please feel free to reach out to us again.

Océane from HoloPixel

Industry: Broadcast Media

A very good display solution

I have only recently been using this software in the free version, but I have already discovered a list of quite incredible possibilities in terms of advertisement distribution ... some of which have never been seen on any other software to date ...

Pros

I have used many display software for many years, and by chance I discovered OptiSign which exceeds most of them ... I particularly appreciate the number of applications and the ultra-comprehensive functions. I am inexperienced with this software because I am in a trial period, but I have a great habit of using display software and I must say that I am quite impressed with all these possibilities.

Cons

I haven't yet discovered any downside, nor have I been able to look at all of them yet, but I haven't seen a single malfunction

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

We are interested in the superior functions of OptiSigns and its lower cost

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

I have used bad and very good software, but like everyone else, I always try to increase the quality of my work tools ... OptiSigns will very probably allow me to reach an even higher level on many points. I have used a lot of really bad free software ... and good paid software ... including Pro Dysplay, Emity, Screensoft I think I will go very seriously to OptiSigns if in practice the products comply with what I have seen We are interested in the white label

Michaela from Innovative Labeling Solutions

Industry: Printing

Don't try anything else, this is so worth it!

Phenomenal. I needed help with something when I first was using it and the customer service team got back with me immediately and resolved my issues, which was totally user error.

Pros

I love that I can change what is displaying on our TV's anywhere and anytime. I had tried a few other softwares and I actually read about OptiSigns in a negative review of one of the products I had tried before! As soon as I opened the app and started messing with it, I was able to have our TVs up and running with the information we needed displayed. My favorite feature is all of the apps that are provided and even a covid-19 folder with a lot of information to display for our employees.

Cons

I wish there were more apps because I absolutely love them! That really isn't a con, just a wish.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

OptiSigns is so easy to use and has so many resources to help you truly customize what is displayed across screens in your business. It is also so cheap in comparison to the other companies that offer the same sort of service but with way less options and a difficult to navigate platform.

Martin from iNews & Media

Best Product for the best Price

Best so far. Tried other products and was not impressed. They were too expensive and not easy to use.

Pros

Ease of Use. Very intuitive. No need to extensive training. Great customer service and support.

Cons

So far, nothing. It has a great and simple to use interface. I would recommend to every business trying to sell time with broadcasting.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

More features with Optisign. Less expensive.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

More features with Optisign. Less expensive.

Devon from Otero County

The best digital signage software PERIOD

We replaced our old 1970's foam bulletin board with OptiSigns and a 50" TV and we never looked back. It has been tremendously more popular than the bulletin board as we are able to convey a greater amount of information to constituents passing through in the hallways. Video functionality is great as well. I showed the free trial to my boss and she was so impressed we subscribed for 3 screens before the trial was up.

Pros

Accepts multiple file types, compatible with cheap media devices (Kindle Fire) for ease of setup, custom slide timers, VIDEO COMPATIBILITY, easy drag-and-drop features, pleasant and simple aesthetic, user functionality, web-based interface (no additional software needed), affordable price for smaller organizations.

Cons

Cloud storage could be a little bigger, 1GB is not a lot especially when using videos.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Price, ease of use, features.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Google Slides did not support as many features, too difficult to update, no calendar synchronization, no video playback.

David from Holiday Inn Harbourside

I'm totally satisfied with this product, it's better than most competitors, and priced 'just right'

I work in a hotel, and we use low-cost TVs as digital signs. The signs display video, photos, menus. They also explain some policies, tell where to find luggage carts, and list pricing for boat/jet ski rentals.

Pros

I love the ability to make custom slides/assets right in the program, without external software. I also love the flexibility in the playlist items, they can be set to display in multiple ways, with various opening and closing animations, etc., for any amount of time. It's simple to add/delete items from a playlist and to preview the display (this is critical because the screens are scattered across our 16 acre campus.

Cons

I'm having a small issue with assets that I design and then 'push to screens', but I have not sought support for this yet. Otherwise, I'm completely satisfied with this product. I wish I could add multiple screen for less money per screen.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

This is a VERY robust product, with so many items included, I'm thrilled with it. I spent about three months trying out various software for this purpose, and I also simply used a USB thumb drive with photos on it. This is SO much more professional and is truly a 'complete solution' for digital signage that can be easily monitored and updated remotely.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Thisp roduct was simpler yet more robust. The VARIETY of sources is absolutely amazing. For instance, this is a stormy weekend, so I've added radar display. I also show ESPN sports updates, CNN headlines, event schedules, menu specials and more.

Chiwale from ade360

Glad I found the software

Optisign has given me the opportunity provide my clients with an affordable and professional signage solution.

Pros

Price of course is a Pro. Its very affordable. My clients are small business operators that can easily add this cost to their budget. The app is easy to use and manage multiple playlist. quick almost immediate upload it the displays. works perfect on amazon fire stick

Cons

in ability to have different payment structures for multiple screens. some of my clients pay yearly, others monthly i need two accounts to accommodate that service.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Price. use on firestick and andriodTV

price and features

Jennifer from Catalina Island Yacht Club

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Exactly What We Were Looking For!

So far so good.

Pros

I manage a small, seasonal yacht club. Last year my boss decided that he wanted to replace the old white- board that the Club had used for many years to disseminate info to the membership with a digital signboard and he put me in charge of managing it. Knowing nothing at all about digital signage I began doing research online and discovered that, to properly and easily operate the new board, I would have to implement a software program. Our Club did not need an expensive program with lots of bells and whistles that required a media player - just a simple one that would manage the basis content I needed to display. I was also interested in widgets that would display weather etc. in real time. I trialed several programs and, ultimately, decided on Optisigns which requires a more inexpensive Firestick to operate. With some help from a tech-savvy bartender I work with we were able to quickly, easily and intuitively access and create content for the board. Although we are still under the trial period, I am confident that Optisigns is the perfect fit for our operation.

Cons

A few learning hurdles with text boxes in the New Design options but I think time, more experience and accessing a few more tutorials will smooth out any wrinkles.

Price!

Nick from Precision Media Services

Love Features! Needs more Customizeation.

We wanted to be able to streamline our processes from uploading, ad creation, and app features

Pros

I love the integrations and how easy it is to set them up. Uploading is simple and the Dropbox / Drive app is amazing! I absolutely adore it. It allows me to build out a section for my clients to customize themselves.

Cons

I would love to see more customizability. I bet [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from support is done with me by now because I send him too many emails (joking). But being able to: - Change Font Size in Apps - Chose different display styles (For Reviews, being able to toggle as most recent) - Change the way some of the Apps Look more than just aspect ratio I would also love to be able to take a crack at designing apps for the system but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. I have some HTML experience and am wondering the best way to go about it. We are also wanting the possibility to white label the software if possible. We are planning to put in at least 100 screens over the next 6 months.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

More features with little to no hardware requirements.

Rob from D3G

Great for internal communication

This saved my development staff from having to write a custom solution as OptiSigns is very well priced in the market. You may not get all of the high end features that solutions costing over $100 / month would have but it gave my medium sized company most of what we needed for an unbeatable price.

Pros

OptiSigns is really easy to get up and running especially if the TV and computer is already in place. Their current app list has a decent selection and you can add pretty much any website you'd like on there.

Cons

Maybe a more extensive app selection, notably LinkedIn was missing from the social connectors. Some of the news apps had fairly small text, that may improve the more we use the software and play with the settings though.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

OptiSigns had most of what Enplug did for 1/10th of the cost and there was no way we could develop something in house in a timely manner.

Jemma from BLS Financial

Easy to use and perfect for our business needs

Its been a pleasure. No issues what so ever and any questions I had about the product or purchasing were answered and followed up in a timely manner.

Pros

The product is easy to use with many tools/apps/widgets and templates to help you create personalized digital advertising that suits everyone's needs. Opti Sign has a reasonable price point and great communication between developers and ourselves whenever we had any questions. I would certainly not have any hesitations in recommending this product to anyone looking to improve their digital advertising!

Cons

Although there are many benefits and features with this program, as someone with little I.T expertise sometimes I did find it challenging to read through all the Q & A's, I learn better with visual aids, so maybe (and this is only a small suggestion ) more video's or info graphs in the "How To" section for the day to day apps/widgets/templates/scheduling etc.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

We had some technical issues that needed to be resolved and it was difficult to get a hold of someone from the business and looked like we may have needed a very costly upgrade to our hardware $$$$. After a little research OptiSign (and its great reviews) became the best choice for our switch, and we won't be looking back.

Katie from KidsPark of Lincoln

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easy & Well Priced

I was using a different service previously and we often lost connection to our TVs. It was hard to get the TVs connected, so staff couldn't manage it. I would have to drive back to my business to fix it, or wait until another day and leave the signs offline. With OptiSigns we haven't had a single issue! It's so easy to set up and connect anyone on my team can manage it...and it's half the cost!

Pros

Everything is very simple to use, it works great, and is consistent--there is no interruption in service.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet! So far everything has been great.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

The price was much better.

Price.

Jason from McShares

Industry: Food Production

Just WOW!!!

We are currently able to display company news that were have to send out via email on the displays in all of our locations, including our remote workers at home. We are now able to effectively communicate with our entire team as if they were all under the same roof!

Pros

The apps that can be used to make templates, the ease of use, and the hardware that is offered. The cost per screen is amazing and the ability to manage the environment from one screen is wonderful!

Cons

I have had to hand build a KPI display environment at a previous employer and that took close to 2 years. This took me 1 day to set up and have a working model to show stakeholders. One week later we had rolled out the 5 screens we needs with a professional looking display thanks to Optisigns. Talking to the wrong guy about finding negative comments about the software.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Ease of Use and Price. The product does exactly what we want it to do and it does it beautifully and reliably.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Replied March 2021

Thank you for the thoughtful review, we continue to work hard to improve our product.

Tara from Pub Dog Colorado

Love the Canva integration

Overall, I'm very happy with how easy it is to use Optisigns. I had 5 tvs set up with different playlists in less than 2 hours from start to finish. Making changes is very easy and this program will save me a lot of time moving forward.

Pros

I love that it integrates with our Canva account. It is also very easy to update my files/assets and the update in almost instant. The old program we were using was very cumbersome and took 15 minutes to update.

Cons

I wish there was a way to embed the code from our Canva designs into a file so that any changes to our Canva design were pulled automatically instead of us having to reupload the file.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

It integrated with our Canva account

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Trudigital was combersome to use, took forever to load playlists and didnt' integrate with our Canva account.

Response from OptiSigns Inc.

Replied June 2021

Thank you Tara for your review & feedback

Danny from Arrivia

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

OptiSigns Review

I've had a great experience with OptiSigns. It started when I made an enquiry about the software and had a very quick reply. Customer service is a key factor to consider and the level of customer service from OptiSigns just really made up my mind to get it. Not to mention, the value for money OptiSigns offers is amazing!

Pros

The product UI is very easy to use and does everything that is needed. I am familiar with digital signage software and this is by far the easiest to use and set up. Recommend to anyone regardless of experience.

Cons

This is not really a con, but the free trial only allowed 2 screens, it would be great to experience the trial on more screens to show case what it can do. In my scenario, I needed 6 screens. But 1 screen is enough to see how smoothly everything runs.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Customer Service was ok, but is overpriced.

Jesse from First Housing Corporation

Very easy to use software!

My experience has been great! I will be subscribing once my trial ends.

Pros

It is very easy to use and includes a lot of great features!

Cons

I wish the audio playlist feature was easier to use and included more music streaming services

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

Cost and apps available on the platform

ScreenCloud was too expensive

Raymon from The Bean Counter

The Bean Counter

Pros

Relatively easy to setup, the building of templates is easy, it deploys new graphics with ease and immediately, and compared to the last digital signage this is fantastic!!

Cons

Fire TV had a few glitches but customer support got it all figured out for me

Ease of Use and Pricing

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Their products had no updates, and deployment was difficult. IT also would quit working for no reason and required frequent reboots of the system to get back running

Jim from DIG

December 2021

I tried others, this is the best option for in-house digital signage.

I had originally used another digital signage product. It was easy enough to use but it didn't perform well when trying to implement short video clips into a playlist. It also had some odd design quirks that made it take a decent amount of time to update everyday. I found Optisigns and that all changed. Video plays without a hitch and it has reduced my time for updates every morning by half. This will be the tool we deploy when we relocate to a larger facility and increase our number of screens in use.

Pros

Great design, easy setup, excellent feature set and runs video in playlists.

Cons

Nothing. It performs incredibly well. It really streamlined by communications.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Ease of use and performance.

Juan from Alicentis SL

Versátil y fácil de usar

En Alicentis hemos elegido Optisigns para una campaña de comunicación gracias a la recomendación de un informático que colabora con nosotros. Llevo menos de una semana practicando con Optising, preparando una campaña para un ayuntamiento de menos de 5.000 habitantes que quiere trasladar información a sus habitantes con pantallas instaladas en los dos centros de salud existentes en el municipio. El resultado está superando las expectativas. Me ha resultado sencillo editar las zonas de la pantalla para ofrecer diferentes informaciones. Son muy fáciles de integrar tanto las imágenes que ya utilizamos para otras campañas y soportes, como vincular los vídeos de Youtube. La actualización de la lista de reproducción (playlist) es realmente sencilla y ágil. Y el poder sincronizar la misma con dos pantallas un punto a su favor, cuando no resulta necesario enviar mensajes diferentes a las dos pantallas que estamos usando. La sencillez para programar la caducidad de algunas imágenes es otro punto a su favor.

Pros

Me ha sorprendido su versatilidad, sencillez y posibilidad de preparar una campaña en pocos días. He trabajado con otros programas similares, mucho más difíciles de actualizar, que requieren muchos más paso.

Cons

No podemos utilizar la app de Facebook. En la presentación de Optisigns no se respetan los puntos y aparte. Presenta todo el mensaje como un solo párrafo y esto resta calidad a los mensajes, es un aspecto que debe mejorar Optisigns. También deberían de mejorar la presentación del calendario y permitir una opción en castellano. No he encontrado como poner la opción en español (23 – marzo – 2021).

jeff from Ogden House Senior Citizen Club

A step up!

We are a non profit senior's center. our use case for OptiSign is an easy way to communicate news and display daily and weekly events to our members. we were previously using Yodeck but members complained the calendar view was hard to read on our 65" screen. We originally looked at Optisign to use the same raspberry pi's we had from Yodeck. The ability to change font size and the different calendar views were huge for us! we now have a scrolling week view displaying our events that can easily be read across the room. We had emailed support for some advice and they were very responsive and helpful. can't recommend them enough!

Pros

customization, font size control, elegant layout, logical management interface.

Cons

for pi cant set wifi credentials from within the management portal (need to set it in the pi's ui).

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

not enough customization control in yodeck

Mike from Digital Screen Group

Great Product, excellent value.

So far, so good. Great product, features and service.

Pros

The product is quite easy to set-up, use and manage. For the money, it is the best product out there for managing our screens.

Cons

Slight learning curve for setting up admin rights.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

It worked best with our kiosks, program and business model. It was easy to set-up and run.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Optisigns product was easier to implement and use. It is also less expensive and has more features.

Sabrina from House of Jewellery

Industry: Wholesale

Overall it's Great!

Overall, it's been a positive experience with Optisigns. We are looking forward to continue using this service because of its customization abilities, seamless workflow, and ability to add and remove what we need at whim.

Pros

It's pretty easy it is to move assets around which make swapping monthly promotions a piece of cake. The scope of how customizable it really makes it worth buying and making a unique display. Optisigns understands that today everything is about being unique.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve at first, and going off the free trial there aren't many widgets to choose from. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to properly understand the margins of the widgets on the screen.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

The price is totally worth the features.

Bryan from Video Doc Digital

Works well for Small Business

I am able to update Optisigns from any computer where I can login to my account whether it is from home on a Sunday night or 9am weekday at work.

Pros

I switched from a more expensive and cumbersome digital signage company. I run YouTube blooper videos mixed with slides of products to up-sell at a local restaurant. It does what is says it does. Makes any TV a digital sign. Easy to set up (I used a firestick on 2 TVs). I run continuously 24/7. I am very pleased. I hope to contribute user experience to the support team to improve the features.

Cons

When you have a long playlist, it is not visually easy to find the items you want to swap out or change. It would be nice to import one asset and use it multiple times in a playlist, without importing it each time.

Reasons for Choosing OptiSigns

I was able to run the TVs via a firestick. Ease of deploying it in the field.

Reasons for Switching to OptiSigns

Their system would not allow me to play YouTube videos. Most would not play.

Beth from Perfect Shutters, inc.

Industry: Plastics

Easy to use and fun templates

We've noticed more engagement with the employees. They like that they feel in the know about upcoming events and I like that I don't have to hang a bunch of posters and remember to take them down. OptiSigns has improved communication throughout our company immensely.

Pros

We started using OptiSigns for communication throughout our company for our holiday party last year and we love it! It was so nice to be able to put information on the screen and not have to print posters or talk to everyone individually. Especially during Covid, it's been great to relay information through the screens. There are a zillion templates or you can create your own. You can even add video and sound. The playlists are easy to create and control. We looked at a couple products and OptiSigns was the most user friendly and fit inside our budget!

Cons

The only thing that I could criticize would be the aligning features. I haven't found a good way to get everything to snap into alignment with other things. There's no grid feature to help keep things in place.