All Play Digital Signage Reviews

Jake

51 - 200 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed September 2021

A wonderful low-budget option with cheap startup costs!

Ladislav

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Great digital signage CMS

Certainly highly recommended CMS system. We have hands on comparison with other systems out there that are higher on the price point but give you less then Play.

PROS

We used Play for many years now. We like the playlist management and even though it might have few small drawbacks it works for us in majority of deployments. Playlist nesting, custom schedule on slides are a great help when working with the content.

CONS

No integration with WebOS is certainly a drawback but not a deal breaker for us.

Reason for choosing Play Digital Signage

Balance between price and features has won us over; great customer support also - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is very reliable and helpful.

Hi Ladislav, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do it. Regards Lars

Replied March 2022

Anthony

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2019

After searching, finally found the signage software we need!

For a long time we had a 9-screen video wall with almost no flexibility in how it showed content. This software has given us the ability of looping Youtube videos, flyers, and other content seamlessly. For us that means better exposure, more engagement, and higher levels of entertainment for our guests.

PROS

It's the most intuitive and user-friendly software we've used! The editing capabilities and plugins make it easy for us to display various forms of content on our screens. In the past, we've been limited on what we could show which was a poor customer experience for our guests. This software gives us the versatility that we need to really enhance our guest experience.

CONS

The asset directory can get crowded and clunky if we don't keep on top of organizing the files. It'd be helpful to have an expiration date like there is for slides.

Reason for choosing Play Digital Signage

Cost was the most important reason. Also, another pivotal reason was the ability to test the software independently and without charge for the first screen. This gave us the flexibility of seeing how the software could work for us without committing first financially.

Reasons for switching to Play Digital Signage

Most critical reason was cost. Second was the ability to edit without HTML/CSS knowledge.

Dwayne

Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Dwayne

Awesome tool for beginners

PROS

Ease of use User friendly Fast reliable

CONS

Needs more plugins Library needs more tools

Hi Dwayne, Thanks for the great review! If you have 5 minutes I would love to hear more about what plugins and tools for the library you think would benefit the user most - You can e-mail me at lars@playsignage.com

Replied October 2018

Michele

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

PlaySignage more than capable

Very easy to start up a few months ago. Interaction with developers and service has been very helpful and they are very responsive.

PROS

The plug-ins are very useful so far. Easy to create slides for play later. Easy to save slides to reuse again.

CONS

Would be nice to be able to use different fonts/sizes within a text box. Additional transition options might be useful as well.

Reasons for switching to Play Digital Signage

Pricing and ease of programming. Play Signage appeared to have the functionality needed to serve our purpose.

Hi Michele, Thanks for the review and the kind words, we appreciate it a lot. Regards Lars

Replied February 2024

Robert

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

user friendly

We have tried multiple sign programs to operate our digital sign in the front of our store and this one by far is the easiest to use and looks fantastic. One of the biggest pros for us is that it allows for both vertical and horizontal use. We absolutely love it.

PROS

The ease of set up and use for daily ads and promotions as well as the ability to set weekly schedules to best fit or needs makes this program one of the best we have found. It also allows for both horizontal and vertical displays to fit our specific needs.

CONS

It is a few dollars more expensive than other programs but it compensates for it in the fact that it is so easy to use and works well for both small and large businesses.

Reason for choosing Play Digital Signage

Ease of use and we could have signs set up as vertical or horizontal

Reasons for switching to Play Digital Signage

It does everything we need it to do and is simple to use.

Hi Robert, Thanks for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this for us. Regards Lars

Replied October 2023

Emma

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Easy to deploy; works as expected

For how inexpensive it is, it's a GREAT product. We looked into Yodeck and ScreenCloud, and we might've gone with them, but we wanted fast and simple and inexpensive deployment. If that's your needs, you can't go wrong with a simple Fire Stick and Play Digital Signage. My boss was very impressed, too!

PROS

It's so simple to get it set up. I had beautiful digital signage going in about thirty minutes -- and that included the setup of the Amazon Fire Stick, too! I appreciate that it's simple to use but has more bells and whistles still to explore and utilize. I love the ability to schedule a slide for certain time frames. Love that you can do video or images. I believe there's even the ability to add widgets!

CONS

There's a little oddity when slides transition -- particularly with video slides. But cutting down the display time by half a second takes care of that. It also wasn't totally clear to me how to get the content from my computer to the TV the first time (with asset uploads, playlist creation, deployment, etc.). But once I understood it, it was a piece of cake.

Reason for choosing Play Digital Signage

Inexpensiveness, ease of deployment, and because you can't test out Yodeck without committing yourself to purchasing their equipment (no returns). Fire Stick and Play made it inexpensive to test and we could always return the Fire Sticks if it didn't work well.

Thanks for the great review - We really appreciate you taking time to do this. If you have a few minutes, I'd love to hear what could have changed the 4 stars to 5 stars? You can e-mail me directly at lars@playsignage.com.

Replied August 2021

Chase

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

The Best Solution for Non-Managed Customers

Worked with the team in the past, its a great software for non-managed clients as its powerful and easy to use.

PROS

This software is intuitive and powerful to where customers can utilize powerful tools with very minor training.

CONS

The pricing is not on a sliding scale to where you get a discount for more units or for being a wholesaler.

Reason for choosing Play Digital Signage

Less setup and training for non-managed customers.

Hi Chase, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

Replied October 2022

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Excellent so far!

PROS

Very easy to set up and get running. No issues as of yet.

CONS

The price could have been a little bit cheaper.

Reasons for switching to Play Digital Signage

Display Now kept crashing and the customer service was poor.

Hi Paul, Thanks for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

Replied July 2023

Tom

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Excellent to showcase Scouting

PROS

The ability it gives us to showcase each day on a large international Scout event every four years

CONS

None - worked absolutely fine for us without and issues

Hi Tom, Thanks for the review. Regards Lars

Replied March 2024

Ignacio

Animation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Competent signage layer with collaboration tools and easy setup

PROS

Easy to setup, easy to learn. Some advanced tools and features

CONS

The cost. It used to have 1 free display per account. I guess lost of people find out and use it, so there was no revenue. Understandable but a bummer.

Hi Ignacio, Thanks for the review. Regards Lars

Replied March 2024

Meredith

Sports, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Highly Recommend!

PROS

I am not the typical user. I assumed the role of VP of a Women's Golf Association (all volunteer) earlier this year. We are a group of (mostly) retired women who play golf once-a-week at our golf club. One of my tasks was to maintain an old-fashioned bulletin board in our locker room -- a cork-board with paper notices posted using thumb tacks. Surely there had to be a better way. We had a television monitor in the locker room that was available to use. I began doing my homework on electronic signboards, learning and researching the various products. That's how I came across Play Signage. After watching the videos and reading the tutorials, I gathered up my courage, created an account, and started to create a slide. And then another slide. And another. And another. The learning curve was so easy and the capabilities were so robust. It was easy, and fun, and most of all, in no time I had created a deck of slides that I was really proud of. I included animations, gifs, plug-ins for the weather, time & date, quotes, and even some YouTube videos. If this retired person in her 60s could do this, anyone can do it. When I hit an occasional roadblock, Lars from Play Signage was on the chat line ready to help. He was generous with his time, and was always available -- weeknights, weekends, and even holidays. The customer support was above and beyond any software or application I have ever used. I highly recommend Play Signage.

CONS

I have no comments for this section. There is nothing I don't like.

Reason for choosing Play Digital Signage

My selection was based on price, the user reviews that had been posted, and a review of the websites for the other companies.

Hi Meredith, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time to put your review in.

Replied July 2021

Munumi

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Value for money digital signage system

PROS

The ability to embed a playlist within a playlist and the ability to time a slide and have itself deleted on the date set. Slide stash is also a good feature, making it easy to use slides created across multiple playlists.

CONS

The downside is the lack of news Apps. That area needs improvement.

Hi Munumi, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time. Regards Lars.

Replied March 2022

Björn

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2021

The signage solution that has never let us down.

It was very easy to finally have a tool that shows the content the way I wanted it. The content is displayed with the maximum ease of use and after I deployed it myself, it was really easy to transfer knowledge to the ultimate owner of the system, who is self supporting and never needs any assistance or help.

PROS

What I like most is the simplicity, the ease of use and the fact that it never let us down. We haven't had a single downtime second in the 2 years that we have used the product. We have deployed Play on an Amazon Fire stick and 2 displays show content the way we want it without a single interruption.

CONS

I could see a nicer integration with some images banks, external sites, or some other tools, but all of these are less relevant to the real usage we have.

Reason for choosing Play Digital Signage

The fact that it is easy to use, doesn't bulk with functionality that you don't use and immediately deploys. Also, we noted after a few weeks, that it was always up. We have not had downtime, so we never considered an alternative.

Reasons for switching to Play Digital Signage

Because I encountered Play and I understood immediately that the simplicity delivered on its promise.

Hi Björn, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Replied December 2021

Franka

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Professional and user-friendly digital signage

We were looking for a new system for our digital signage system and this system has exceeded our expectations. Our customers are very satisfied users.

PROS

The Playsignage system is very user-friendly. Our customers quickly mastered the possibilities. Despite the fact that the system is English and we have Dutch customers.

CONS

We have been working with the system for over 2 years now and we have not been able to discover much that we are missing. Because media RSS doesn't work in the Netherlands, they even made a special RSS reader for us, which makes it possible to use the Dutch RSS feeds. In addition, they have made the weather plugin available in Dutch for us.

Reasons for switching to Play Digital Signage

The old system was not kept up to date.

Hi Franka, Thanks for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

Replied December 2022

Shawn

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Good product for distributing ads

PROS

Ease of use, fits most of the needs, good customer support

CONS

Hard to manage a large number of assets and locations

Reasons for switching to Play Digital Signage

Ease of use, good customer support

Hi Shawn, Thanks for the review. You mention it's hard to manage a large number of assets and locations. Do you know about teams? Link, https://playsignage.com/features/teams/ With teams you can add multiple "locations", "departments" all under the name TEAM. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions. Regards Lars.

Replied June 2022

Maciej

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Intuitive and as easy to set up as apps in 2022 should be

I need to set up a simple digital signage system and don't have much time/resources to do so. PDS made it easy to do it without any special knowledge and with little time. It just works out of the box!

PROS

I first went through the boot camp of setting up software built into my display. When I finished I realized it didn't have the features I needed. Play Digital Signage is on the other side of the spectrum. It's super intuitive and has all features such an application should have, at least for a user like me.

CONS

I'm not the happiest person being stuck to the built-in visual editor, but the big number of features plugins makes it much easier to me :)

Reason for choosing Play Digital Signage

Ease of use, price, number of features

The ease of use.

Hi Maciej, Thanks for the review, I'm glad you found the software easy to use and that we were able to provide you with the plugins and features you were looking for. Regards Lars

Replied June 2022

Jess

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Exactly what you're looking for if you work primarily off-site.

Working remotely as a Marketing Director this has solved many of our in-office marketing issues. All of our screens are synced, easy to update, and it is so easy to update specials and flash sales.

PROS

I like that I can update the signs any time of the day. I work remotely and I appreciate that with this software I don't have to coordinate with a team member over the phone to make sure the software is working, or walking them through how to update it. The tech support is by far the best I've ever had. The team responds within minutes with very detailed answers to any of my questions. I even had a representative go above and beyond by researching our TV and the player we wanted to use to see if it would be compatible.

CONS

It's a bit of a pain to have to buy a player for every single screen we want to use (not all of our screen are smart TV's). However, I understand why it is that way and couldn't think of a better way to do it.

Reasons for switching to Play Digital Signage

It was a huge pain to change any of the videos and the USB's started to wear out after about 6 months of daily, 8+ hour use. Play Digital Signage was recommended to me by another marketing director in Indiana.

Hi Jess, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Replied December 2021