Browse Play Digital Signage Reviews

Aaron from iZettle

Very clean, easy to use product with a fantastic customer support team.

Able to show logos and metrics on our internal screens across the business, ability to finetune playlist schedule (ie. Only company logo after hours) Remotely able to update screens across different locations without ever needing to leave my desk.

Pros

Very easy to use, super intuitive, regular updates with new features - I find myself renewed with excitement for this company and product when something new gets added.

Cons

Organisation - I'm a structured folder guy, sometimes I want to group things up more, but that's a personal preference. What I have found in my time using playsignage is that the team are usually willing and able to bend over backwards to fulfil the demand in a decent amount of time - features that were missing are now implemented because they listen.

George from Urban Investment Group, LLC

I recommend to everyone

This platform gives us the ability to quickly create and publish content on the screens in our facility.

Pros

The price is the single largest attractor for us. Being able to have pro-rated billing is clutch since we don't have the screens on all the time. The first screen is free which is the one we keep on all the time with general information. We can then easily scale up to as many screens as we need during events.

Cons

Social media integration. There is just a bit lacking from the ease of use and layout options.

Pricing

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

Price and customer support. Also, it's clear that Play is made by a team of skilled devs but also thoughtful leadership.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi George, Thanks for the review - We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I'd be happy to get your input on what we should work on for the social plugins. You can e-mail me at lars@playsignage.com Regards Lars

Dwayne from KRRC

Industry: Facilities Services

Dwayne

Awesome tool for beginners

Pros

Ease of use User friendly Fast reliable

Cons

Needs more plugins Library needs more tools

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied October 2018

Hi Dwayne, Thanks for the great review! If you have 5 minutes I would love to hear more about what plugins and tools for the library you think would benefit the user most - You can e-mail me at lars@playsignage.com

Rene from MFA Oldeberkoop

Especially given the budget there is no better system

Pleasantly surprised that there is so much possible. The hardware is also flexible and ensures that everything runs smoothly.

Pros

Flexible, with many possibilities. Good hardware choices

Cons

rss feed limited, limited roles for users

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

Doesn't restrict playlist in playlist which is essential for me. Hardware is not limited to Raspberry

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

Expensive, expensive hardware, very complex, poor support

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied November 2021

Hi Rene, thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Please e-mail me your feedback regarding the limited RSS feed and roles, perhaps it's something for the roadmap.

Dustin from Natchez Convention Center

Industry: Facilities Services

Best Interface Bang for your Buck!

Going from a signage company that controlled our content and required us to submit for changes to Play Signage that we control, design and broadcast, is priceless.

Pros

The familiarity of the interface to my desktop slideshow software is awesome. So easy to put together the slides I need for my displays quickly and efficiently.

Cons

I would like to drag and drop images directly to a slide from my desktop as opposed to the image asset upload.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

For the interface combined with the affordability and control, Play Signage was top of the list.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

The customer service and response time was so slow, now we control what, when, and how!

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Dustin, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Paul from BKC Kitchen and Bath

Easier and Better than a Dedicated Device

We use Play in our store to show product-specific information.

Pros

The software supports most streaming devices as well as PCs. We run it on a PC on-screen and an Amazon Fire on another one. Setting up the presentations is relatively easy using a browser-based editor. It is a breeze to push the new content to all or select screens. I feel that the software will not become obsolete and can evolve as displays get better.

Cons

Setting up default zones on multiple slides for touch screen use is difficult. There should be a template that you can apply. Getting the best/correct resolution for the screen can be confusing. The editor is pretty easy to use, much like power-point but has its quirks that take some getting used to.

Play was easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

The Brightsign is a dedicated-hardware device which had extremely difficult to use software and no remote update capabilities.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Paul, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Jess from Gunnerson Dental and TMJ & Sleep Therapy of Utah

Exactly what you're looking for if you work primarily off-site.

Working remotely as a Marketing Director this has solved many of our in-office marketing issues. All of our screens are synced, easy to update, and it is so easy to update specials and flash sales.

Pros

I like that I can update the signs any time of the day. I work remotely and I appreciate that with this software I don't have to coordinate with a team member over the phone to make sure the software is working, or walking them through how to update it. The tech support is by far the best I've ever had. The team responds within minutes with very detailed answers to any of my questions. I even had a representative go above and beyond by researching our TV and the player we wanted to use to see if it would be compatible.

Cons

It's a bit of a pain to have to buy a player for every single screen we want to use (not all of our screen are smart TV's). However, I understand why it is that way and couldn't think of a better way to do it.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

It was a huge pain to change any of the videos and the USB's started to wear out after about 6 months of daily, 8+ hour use. Play Digital Signage was recommended to me by another marketing director in Indiana.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Jess, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Play Signage customer for years!

No issues whatsoever. We have Play Signage on 6 digital billboards inside our campus.

Pros

Like an apple product, it just works. Set it and forget it.

Cons

Setting up a new playlist takes some training if you're not used to it, some steps could be eliminated to make it less confusing

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

Airtame is much more expensive and much less reliable.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Kevin from Kevin Michael Salon

Getting out Play on!

Being able to silently but visually let clients know about upcoming promotions and important product information.

Pros

I love that I have control of exactly how everything looks, with the content that I provide. It’s nice to be able to see it all come together for our digital displays

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve. But plenty of support and helpful tutorials

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Mark from The Corner Coworking

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Start small, can scale too.

I have been able to ensure a consistent look and feel to our external and advertising displays, make updates on the fly and used very simple hardware.

Pros

Play allows me to easily design and deploy digital signs across our coworking spaces.

Cons

The software is very feature-rich, which can be slightly overwhelming when you first get started.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

The first screen is free forever, a great way to get me started. Expanding to multiple screens was simple.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Mark, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

Oak from Craig Swapp & Associates

Easy to use, priced right

Pros

We've been using a commercial package called SuperSign to broadcast to our lobby TV. We used it because for a long time we wanted to display a TV station inside a frame and put a welcome message on the side of the TV to greet people. It was very complex and a real pain for our receptionists to edit and change when clients came in. So we decided to find a better product and decided we didn't need TV broadcasting. That opened the field wide up. I found a lot of products that would do the job but many were quite expensive. Play Signage was priced right and free for the first instance so I figured I had nothing to lose but for the cost of buying an Amazon Fire stick to plug into the TV. I bought one and started configuring the system. I'm big on systems being intuitive and not requiring tutorials for basic functionality. I like to jump right in and if I get frustrated, ask for help or look for something better. In this case, I asked a number of questions to support about what the capabilities of the product were and they were very responsive. When I ran into a couple issues with how to do things, same thing. The best part though was how easy it was to get started and build out the playlist and publish it to the Fire stick and get it displaying on the TV. Super easy and I did that all without assistance. I'm definitely going to be deploying more of these.

Cons

The software is great, but just a general warning about the platform. The Amazon Fire stick is not a powerful platform to run the software from. When I put a "Welcome to" ticker on the bottom of a template, if I play at normal or fast speeds, it stutters when the slides above it change. If action is required for your purposes, you'll want a microcomputer platform instead of the Fire stick, but this is an easy way to test the platform and see if you like it. I put the ticker at slow speed so the stuttering isn't as noticeable and now it's acceptable for our purposes.

Anthony from University of South Florida St. Petersburg

After searching, finally found the signage software we need!

For a long time we had a 9-screen video wall with almost no flexibility in how it showed content. This software has given us the ability of looping Youtube videos, flyers, and other content seamlessly. For us that means better exposure, more engagement, and higher levels of entertainment for our guests.

Pros

It's the most intuitive and user-friendly software we've used! The editing capabilities and plugins make it easy for us to display various forms of content on our screens. In the past, we've been limited on what we could show which was a poor customer experience for our guests. This software gives us the versatility that we need to really enhance our guest experience.

Cons

The asset directory can get crowded and clunky if we don't keep on top of organizing the files. It'd be helpful to have an expiration date like there is for slides.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

Cost was the most important reason. Also, another pivotal reason was the ability to test the software independently and without charge for the first screen. This gave us the flexibility of seeing how the software could work for us without committing first financially.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

Most critical reason was cost. Second was the ability to edit without HTML/CSS knowledge.

Emma from Duke Catholic Center

Easy to deploy; works as expected

For how inexpensive it is, it's a GREAT product. We looked into Yodeck and ScreenCloud, and we might've gone with them, but we wanted fast and simple and inexpensive deployment. If that's your needs, you can't go wrong with a simple Fire Stick and Play Digital Signage. My boss was very impressed, too!

Pros

It's so simple to get it set up. I had beautiful digital signage going in about thirty minutes -- and that included the setup of the Amazon Fire Stick, too! I appreciate that it's simple to use but has more bells and whistles still to explore and utilize. I love the ability to schedule a slide for certain time frames. Love that you can do video or images. I believe there's even the ability to add widgets!

Cons

There's a little oddity when slides transition -- particularly with video slides. But cutting down the display time by half a second takes care of that. It also wasn't totally clear to me how to get the content from my computer to the TV the first time (with asset uploads, playlist creation, deployment, etc.). But once I understood it, it was a piece of cake.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

Inexpensiveness, ease of deployment, and because you can't test out Yodeck without committing yourself to purchasing their equipment (no returns). Fire Stick and Play made it inexpensive to test and we could always return the Fire Sticks if it didn't work well.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied August 2021

Thanks for the great review - We really appreciate you taking time to do this. If you have a few minutes, I'd love to hear what could have changed the 4 stars to 5 stars? You can e-mail me directly at lars@playsignage.com.

Jake from Versatrim

A wonderful low-budget option with cheap startup costs!

Our company is now able to provide important updates (departments working this weekend, upcoming events, important announcements, etc.) at the snap of a finger to all of our employees. We have over 4 screens and will continue to add more in the future. Managers and HR can update the screens with their own account from their own computers and our employees LOVE the modern entertainment and announcements we have on our screens. It really was a game changer for our company. The VP said these screens make us look like a fortune 500 company, which is so true!

Pros

The fact that this can be ran off of a fire stick is a game changer. You don't have to purchase a big, expensive computer and mount it behind a TV. Instead, you purchase a $30 Fire Stick, plug it in and open the app. That's it. I also LOVE how you can manage all of the content from any computer and update the screens automatically. The built in editor is pretty nice too with a lot of interesting plugins and features. Support with this company is incredible. I reported a background music bug and within a month it was fixed and I was emailed an update from the tech team.

Cons

I wish you could edit playlists on mobile devices or tablets. It would be nice to have better templates to start with. I had to create all of our screens from scratch. The learning curve was very small though.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

Pricing was a big deal along with the ability to run off of a Fire Stick.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied August 2021

Hi Jake, thank you for the very generous review. We are working on a solution that will give you the ability to edit the content on a mobile device, but it's a tough one as the editor requires a lot of space.

Meredith from GWGA

Highly Recommend!

Pros

I am not the typical user. I assumed the role of VP of a Women's Golf Association (all volunteer) earlier this year. We are a group of (mostly) retired women who play golf once-a-week at our golf club. One of my tasks was to maintain an old-fashioned bulletin board in our locker room -- a cork-board with paper notices posted using thumb tacks. Surely there had to be a better way. We had a television monitor in the locker room that was available to use. I began doing my homework on electronic signboards, learning and researching the various products. That's how I came across Play Signage. After watching the videos and reading the tutorials, I gathered up my courage, created an account, and started to create a slide. And then another slide. And another. And another. The learning curve was so easy and the capabilities were so robust. It was easy, and fun, and most of all, in no time I had created a deck of slides that I was really proud of. I included animations, gifs, plug-ins for the weather, time & date, quotes, and even some YouTube videos. If this retired person in her 60s could do this, anyone can do it. When I hit an occasional roadblock, Lars from Play Signage was on the chat line ready to help. He was generous with his time, and was always available -- weeknights, weekends, and even holidays. The customer support was above and beyond any software or application I have ever used. I highly recommend Play Signage.

Cons

I have no comments for this section. There is nothing I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

My selection was based on price, the user reviews that had been posted, and a review of the websites for the other companies.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied July 2021

Hi Meredith, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time to put your review in.

Anthony from Calico Gateway

Great Product - Shocking Support

Sadly the support does not prop up the high level and quality of the software. Due to a misunderstanding it was believed we had intentionally created duplicate accounts and their support (a single individual on all different occasions) accused us of being fraudulent thieves, and 'did we see how this looked'. After resolving this we found the account to be blocked again a few months later - we had added team users which we were told was okay, but that we had added 5 screens which again, was fraud and because of the unacceptable behaviour on our account (but only two users had ever logged in?) they were not prepared to continue providing us with a free screen. We have moved to a different paid product now as we realise the benefit of a digital display to our residents, and we would recommend Play, but do not use the FREE single screen license unless you are prepared to experience judgemental, accusatory and pretty offensive support that considers you to be fraudulent criminals.

Pros

The software itself is easy to use, adaptable and widely available on a lot of different platforms which makes it an easy choice for both beginner and advanced users. The online control panel is very easy with a drag-and-drop approach to creating slides and zones, the scheduling feature is great for delivering timed content.

Cons

There's not much I didn't like about the software - as a charity organisation it was a great free offering that allowed us to showcase important information such as support lines, centre information but the plugin options were somewhat limited in comparison to competitors.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

Purely a cost reason - there was not a budget in place to use the digital signage on a paid basis as the hardware had been donated to the centre, so this was a massive help.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied September 2021

Hi Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Our free screen concept has been and is still very unique, but unfortunately, we see a lot of users trying to cheat the system by creating multiple accounts to get more free screens. When our system marks accounts and duplicates we check them manually to make sure no mistakes were made. After our last conversation we did reach out to you with a couple of screenshots and a more in-depth explanation - I hope you received the e-mail.

Björn from DEKOM BV

December 2021

The signage solution that has never let us down.

It was very easy to finally have a tool that shows the content the way I wanted it. The content is displayed with the maximum ease of use and after I deployed it myself, it was really easy to transfer knowledge to the ultimate owner of the system, who is self supporting and never needs any assistance or help.

Pros

What I like most is the simplicity, the ease of use and the fact that it never let us down. We haven't had a single downtime second in the 2 years that we have used the product. We have deployed Play on an Amazon Fire stick and 2 displays show content the way we want it without a single interruption.

Cons

I could see a nicer integration with some images banks, external sites, or some other tools, but all of these are less relevant to the real usage we have.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

The fact that it is easy to use, doesn't bulk with functionality that you don't use and immediately deploys. Also, we noted after a few weeks, that it was always up. We have not had downtime, so we never considered an alternative.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

Because I encountered Play and I understood immediately that the simplicity delivered on its promise.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Björn, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Danielle from Warehaus

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easily the most robust solution at this price-point.

As a designer who works remotely, being able to efficiently manage content from the cloud rather than manually juggling flash drives with PowerPoint presentations has been fantastic.

Pros

Play offers an incredibly robust product at the absolute best price-point available. Customer support is nothing short of outstanding, and the fact that they integrate seamlessly with an extensive list of devices (FireStick, Android, Chrome, Apple, Raspberry Pi, Windows, etc.) and offer a clean intuitive cloud-based editor loaded with plug-ins and easy scheduling, there isn't another solution that even comes close. Play has completely streamlined the way we push content to the displays in our office. And as a designer who works remotely, being able to efficiently manage content from the cloud rather than manually juggling flash drives with PowerPoint presentations has been fantastic.

Cons

I haven't run into any negatives with the software.

Price, Value, Ease of Use, Customer Support

Kelsey from Family/Friend

Love everything about Play Signage!!

I've only called customer service 2 times and each time has been beyond helpful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT was a helper for me today (a login issue due to our emails changing domains) and they were able to help not only quickly but extremely efficiently too.

Pros

The easy of use. Adding screens and updating the communications slides is wonderful and streamlined. I can rest assured that TV's I cannot physically see are updated! Plus, by using the app on a small computer device (we don't have smart TV's) the communications are displayed 24/7.

Cons

I found connecting to the TV was a bit cumbersome, but this is because we don't have smart TV's. After buying a small computer device, it worked beautifully.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

Use of ease and a trial period (without pre-payment!).

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

My company was acquired and I needed a new solution. This is EVEN BETTER than Mura :) BY FAR!!

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied January 2022

Hi Kelsey, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

Bruce from The Coffee Ark

Intuitive software with fantastic customer service

I had an initial conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] before trying out the software. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and personable, and did not try to "sell me" the product. We discussed it's potential and limitations. Once I started playing with the software, I had a couple of questions, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was just an email or IM away. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond in helping me out. I am really impressed with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the software and the company.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use, I love the drop-in, plug-and-play capabilities. And when things get a little confusing, the customer service is beyond extraordinary, going way and above what you would expect!! I also really liked the image and video options that come standard with the package.

Cons

I 'm not a fan of the gif's but I'm sure others could find better uses for them than I could. It would also be nice to be able to edit my playlists from my smartphone, but having a tablet that works, helps tremendously.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

The fact that I didn't need to have a separate wi-fi connection to run the software on my screen was the deal clincher. I run a mobile coffee trailer and didn't want to have to start paying for separate wi-fi service for my trailer, or use my data for a hotspot.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Bruce, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Antonio from Kings Harbor Multicare Center

Ease of use

I create presentations for our health care facility and often I need a lot of flexibilty combined with easy solutions to make quick, entertaining flyers and event promotions that catch the eyes of our residents and their families. Play is making it easy for me to do my thing without having to rack my brain too much on how to do it. Overall, I think they have a great product worth checking out.

Pros

Play is easy to use and easy to understand. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out other types of digital signage; but Play is very familiar because of its similarity to Powerpoint. So far, I am able to convert most of the powerpoint slides I have to this program and can build on them quite easily. Nice to find something that is easy to use "right out of the box"

Cons

There are a few features that I loose when converting powerpoint files, but its not all that bad. I have to spend alittle time trying to recreate certain effects; but, some of the extra features like adding a time/date, RSS feeds, and websites make up for what I may have lost.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied September 2018

Hi Antonio, thanks for the great review ! If you have any functionality you think we should add to our road-map, please don't hesitate sending us an e-mail at hello@playsignage.com

Jackie from Stonewater Church

Stonewater Church

We needed the ability to have multiple sites where we could create different groups for management of screens. We also needed the ability for video walls in various formats. Playsignage was great to work with us and help us work through issues along the way.

Pros

Playsignage is a great product from the ground up. It can be installed on many hardware configurations. The software is versatile and users pick up the management quickly. Pricing is very competitive and support has always been responsive.

Cons

There is not anything that stands out as something we do not like.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Jackie, Thanks! We appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Antonio from Kings Harbor Multicare Center

Digital signage made easy

I have noticed a marked increase in people interests in the events that we have posted as digital signage in our front lobby. It has piqued many potential customer's interest in our facility and keeps many of our staff and employees in the know about upcoming events and sharing special moments with our visitors. Great stuff.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use the software and to just get started making great digital signage from the time you first install access the program. So many great options and ways to make your content come to life. Best of all, you don't need to be an expert to figure out how to make it work. Even better is the fact that you can work anywhere with internet access and update your signage with just a few clicks of a mouse.

Cons

Only that it is limited by my imagination.

Mark from Print File, Inc.

Great communication tool

Before we switched to digital signage we had clocks and whiteboards throughout our facility to communicate messages. The clocks were always off. Now everyone is on the same schedule and getting the same message.

Pros

We use Play digital to communicate information to employees throughout our facility. The main template shows the time, date, weather. We have different templates for breakt times and holidays.

Cons

When we create a slide for a future date we can't see it in the preview. Wish there was a way to see the preview for a slide with a future date.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Mark, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. I have added a discussion on the next dev meeting to add an "override future slides in the preview" functionality. Regards Lars.

Dan from Production Plus Ltd.

Pros

Play is simple to use and produces a highly polished final product, the support is amazing I just wish more companies took notice how they support their product. very quick to setup and you can use a multitude of delivery methods to keep initial outlay low, it represents great value.

Cons

not being able to group playlist assets into project folders

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

Much clearer pricing strategy that works really well for us

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied September 2019

Hi Dan, thanks for an amazing review - Regarding the grouping of Playlist Assets, can you explain what you mean with that? Are you referring to grouping the playlists themselves or assets in the editor?

Scott from Amazing Grace Food Pantry

Interesting interface and easy to use

While a great alternative to the more basic cloud CMS providers, and less complicated or hardware-dependent than the more expensive ones, there's still some polish needed on the plugins (aesthetically) and a few seemingly basic plugin options missing like news. I'm sure I could brainstorm more ideas for our particular use-case, but I don't know how useful that would be for others... we're a charity just looking to provide something to make our clients' wait time seem shorter. In addition to advertising other local charities, having dynamic content, like "this day in history", "famous quotes" and news makes the screen more engaging and interesting.

Pros

The ability to create screen content directly along with imported assets is great.

Cons

Lacking in dynamic content options such as news. While some competitors are lacking in the UI department, some have quite the "plugin" or "addon" selection to make up for it. On that note, the ability to use MRSS is great, but for our use-case, the cost to emulate competitors addon-based dynamic content with a 3rd-party feed service makes it cancel out the "1st screen free" benefit. Plugin suggestion: News from the major networks/outlets and the sub-categories as part of the selection.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2018

HI Scott, Thanks for the review! We do appreciate any feedback we can get - both for usability, plugins and stuff to make our software easier to navigate in. So any feedback you have please send it to me at lars@playsignage.com. You have rated us 0 stars for Customer Support - Why is this? Have you emailen us, used the online chat or called ?? What happend ??

Keith from Kirkland Ltd

Better than the rest

We needed to advise our clients of our changing opening times & services offered in this current Covid era & it has allowed us to keep them updated wherever we are.

Pros

Free single licence, ease of use, features, great support.

Cons

The WIFI connection is not detected automatically & requires setting up in the Linux screen which requires a bit of linux knowledge but much easier with an Ethernet connection.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

Ease ease of use, features, price, free single licence.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

The previous product did not work properly when using layouts on anything other than a simple single screen.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Keith, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Rob from PERFECTPHOTO CANADA

Industry: Photography

Amazingly easy to deploy with many automatic advanced features

Pros

After trying various other digital signage software trials, and seeing how complicated they were to learn and deploy, the Play product was a total breath of fresh air !! I almost dismissed it in the beginning because it looked TOO simple. But the advanced features ARE there, and they work. In my case I needed to create a playlist of various WebCam web page links. The WebCam pages are very erratic in their design approaches, but I was able to get them sorted out, PLUS YouTube and Facebook integration - AMAZING.

Cons

Currently my main frustration is that the scripting feature is not available on FireTV or Chromecast, but I do understand its not the fault of the developer, more one of the Andriod application. So far it has not been a real issue.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

Simplicity and broad platform availability.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Rob, Thank you for the review - we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Robert from SkySim360 LLC

Extremely well built software!

We use it daily for our adversiting display and information for customers in our lobby.

Pros

Its stable! Runs great and on many platforms. The admin screens are so easy to use, you don't need training. You can figure out almost everything in 10 minutes of playing with it.

Cons

More advanced tools for the screen and plugins. API for connecting to 3rd party hardware or systems for example; emergency fire or shooter alerts and evuacations.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

Better quality product, easy to use web UI backend, 1 free display so we can really see if it worked and not have limits.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied October 2020

Hi Robert, Thanks for the review :) We do have an API to control the content on the screens in case you're interested in integrating it with external systems: https://api.playsignage.com/docs

Benjamin from Swappie Oy

Great service for a really good price

We switched over to Play Digital Signage because of the flexibility of the service. With new software, you have to learn how to use it. Play Digital Signage is fast to learn with all sorts of handy features that we still keep discovering as we use it more. The customer service was super helpful with troubleshooting and with some features that we didn't know how to use. I would totally recommend it.

Pros

It's easy to create eye-catching and professional looking slides. The customer service is FAST and responsive.

Cons

The scheduler could be easier to use as it isn't very clear to set up schedules correctly.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

Service quality and flexibility in designing slides

Charles from Village4U Lettings LDA

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Simple Use Signage

Provides a professional option to disseminate information to guests in our front office without resorting to printed media. Very easy to configure and implement. Runs 24H a day, 7 days a week and is very stable. Only issues when the internet is slow or down, which is not often. For the small business that only needs 1 screen this really works well for us. As it is slide based anyone who knows PowerPoint can design in it and produce something professional.

Pros

Everything! Simple to use. Methodical in approach for rollout. For one screen totally free!

Cons

Nothing. Wouldn't use it if it wasn't fit for purpose :)

Traie from Rushmore CrossFit

Amazing digital signage for your business!

We’ve been using for a couple years and have had no issues with the software itself. We love that all of our announcements can be digital and we aren’t printing tons of flyers anymore!

Pros

I love the easy of use and the customization. We use this to display announcements and have gone completely digital for flyers thanks to this software.

Cons

After years of use there haven’t been any cons in my opinion. This software does exactly what we need.

Cost and ease of use.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied November 2021

Hi Traie, thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Jon from Highland Federal

December 2021

Great for our in-house needs

Excellent. Great price and product. I'm very pleased.

Pros

I like the included plug-ins that let me customize a slide deck that updates with each new slide (Today in History; Quotable Quotes) and I like being able to display the weather. This gives us a high-tech result without daily touches.

Cons

The playlist deployment options can be a bit confusing.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

Works24 was too expensive for what we received.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hej Jon, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Mihkel from Vurr

Pretty much everything we needed to manage my displays

Saves us quite a bit of money and time.

Pros

Our company has a lot of screens across the city and we can run bigger and smaller campaigns depending on the client's needs. Their pricing is pretty flexible. Depending on the size of the campaign we just pay for the screens that we actually use so it helps us optimize our expenses pretty well. I've used it on some indoor events and its pretty nice when you have one hub where you can just control all your screens.

Cons

Was surprised to find it supporting so many languages, including Estonian (which is only spoken by 1 million people), but the UI is still partially English in a few places. Please fix.

Bill from Pazzo’s Pizza

Industry: Restaurants

Product is Easy to use

Pros

The product is easy to use. The online CMS is easy to work with. Functionality is great that anyone can work on publishing or edits remotely from any location

Cons

I wish there were additional features that allow different options for designing menus and other content

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied January 2022

Hi Bill, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. You are mentioning that you wish there were additional features that allow different options for designing menus and other content. I would love to hear more about what you are missing or think we should add to our roadmap. Our roadmap is created by users so any input would be greatly appreciated. Regards Lars

Mike from Sherwin-Williams Company

Industry: Chemicals

Easy to use, highly effective

Pros

We are a 24/7 manufacturing facility with operations on 3 different floors. We have large screens mounted in several critical areas. We use the signage for communications on production, safety, moral, etc. It is easy to use and highly effective! The value is good.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. It is easy, effective at a good value.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Mike, Thanks for the review - We appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Eric from Cybernautics, LLC

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Eric Stuck on Play Digital Signage

Discovering Play Digital Signage was a huge development relief since it was easy to deploy, the user interface is fantastic and intuitive, and the support is good too.

Pros

It actually works and on several platforms, the ease of use for building slide shows, and the quality of the output.

Cons

Not much after trying several other software products, then finding Play Digital was such a game changer that I don't really have any negative comments about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

Because it works and is easy to install and build playlists, plus the screen snapshot is a huge benefit.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied January 2022

Hi Eric, Thanks for the review - We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I saw you only gave us 4 starts on "Customer Support" and since this category is where we want to shine I'd love your input on how to get to 5 stars in your opinion. Regards Lars.

Peter from C.W. Albert GmbH & Co. KG

Daily Use of Play Digital Signage

We are very happy to use Play Digital Signage, I was looking into lot's of products and finally found the right one.

Pros

It's easy to use by administrators, it's safe to use, everything can be tracked. It just works!

Cons

Sometimes the software looks kinda old and the refresh rate could be quicker. Payment roll without credit card could be easier.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Peter, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Ivar from Snjallkynningar ehf.

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Easy to use and good for small businesses.

I am really pleased with PDS and their customer service. I have recommended it to a lot of friends.

Pros

I love the free first screen option to try the software out in the beginning. The software it self is easy to use and user friendly.

Cons

I would love to be able to get lover prices as the quantity of screens goes up.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied November 2021

Hi Ivar, thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. You are in good hands, our pricing model is based upon the # of screens and the payment plan. The more screens the lower the price and the longer the payment plan the lower the price. Feel free to reach out to me if you need to discuss this further.

Jevgeni from Tartu Aleksander Pushkini Kool

Nice application

Good, but for our school prise is high.

Pros

Very easy to use. Many templates and widgets.

Cons

Integration process was fast and easy...

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Jevgeni, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Brent from Barbers Of The Lowcountry

Exactly what we need

Works perfectly for our needs

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to schedule pre edited playlists

Cons

It seems it reboots often. Not sure if that is a play issue or a fire stick issue.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied November 2021

Hi Brent, thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. The player is not supposed to reboot more than one time a day (Automated at night time) so please reach out and let's check it out together.

Adam from Saint David's United Church

Amazing software so easy to use

We searched for a long time to find an easy solution to be able to display notices and announcements of upcoming weekly events as well as a monthly calendar of events by room in the church. We are a small congregation with a very small budget. and being able to have a fully functional software with no annual fee is the best for us. Having access to a support chat that will answer simple questions is over the moon awesome.

Pros

The best part is there is not a hundred different settings you HAVE to set up every time you want to change a display. there is a lot of control but you can just leave it at the defaults and it will give a satisfactory display. the learning curve is not very steep, if you can build a power point show you can easily use Play digital

Cons

The only con I have run into is that when setting up a schedule and you if you want to say put up the same 5 min playlist every hour there is no button for that. you need to just make a new schedule each time.

Harry from Lexington Photo Scanning

Sophisticated, yet easy to use signage development

Designing three displays in a visitor center. It was easy to do this without a lot of preplanning. As I worked with the Play Digital Signage editor, I was able to make improvements as I saw how things looked.

Pros

Complete functionality Easy to use Integrated with other composition products such as Google Slides Produces a solution that runs on inexpensive controllers

Cons

Editing response time a bit slower than I wanted -- can't be perfect

Reasons for Choosing Play Digital Signage

Your policy of offering the first screen is free right away, no "apply for a free trial" made it possible for me to trying something out immediately. I liked what I was able to accomplish. I'm a developer.

Michael from Buckman Arts Focus Elementary School

PlaySignage has been a great replacement of PowerPoint for our entry readerboard!

Parents are kept informed of upcoming events

Pros

The software is easy to use, not a lot of extra options to get in the way. I really like having the assets folders so I can update slides from almost any computer.

Cons

I wish there was a way to archive a slide for later use instead of just removing it. I would also like to be able to copy a slide from one playlist to another.

Response from Play.

Replied February 2018

Hi Michael, thanks for a great review - we really appreciate you feedback! Regarding the "archive a slide" ... We're working on slide parking at the moment, so you should expect this in the next release.

Tina from Sun City Summerlin Community Association, Inc.

Just learning but love it so far!

I am new to Play Digital Signage but so far I find it to be easy to create and upload your display. We have amateur users and professional users in our organization and feel this program will be good for all levels who use it.

Pros

I like the ease of working with the program. The tutorials I have seen so far have been very helpful. Most of all, I really like the ease of editing an uploaded asset.

Cons

I would like to have more font choices built in.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

Edit ability and ease of organizing the displays

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied January 2022

Hi Tina, Thanks for the review! We appreciate you taking the time to do this. In regards of the fonts - You can upload your own custom fonts (https://playsignage.com/features/library/#custom-fonts) Regards Lars

Joram from Netsupport

Best digital signage software out there!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to install and fast support. We use it for all our customers, for 1 screen or 100 screens.

Cons

The price is a bit high, but worth every cent.

Tiago from Ambar Events

December 2021

Easy to use, manage and instant upload content

Very good in general, totally recommended

Pros

Instant response, fast loading, good quality in general

Cons

The RSS doesn~t have the best image quality when pull data from the server, other options have better RSS pull in.

Price and features

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Tiago, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regarding the RSS - We would love your feedback on how we could make the plugin even better. The image quality is determined by the provider, we don't downscale or change the resolution of the images. Regards Lars.

Haoming from ChargerGoGo, Inc.

Play Signage Review

We use Play Digital Signage to publish ads to our charging station screens. Play Digital Signage has made this process easy for us and we only need to focus on Business Development. The app is easy to install and their support is professional.

Pros

The playlist and screen management features from Play Signage helped us manage our screens a lot! The UI is very easy for both our team and our customers to customize contents. Besides, Play Signage makes it easy to share a playlist to our customers with proper permission control implemented. Overall, It is easy to fit Play Signage into our business model.

Cons

It would be nicer if a disconnection report can be requested from dashboard.

Reasons for Switching to Play Digital Signage

The configuration is more complicated and the price is more expensive.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Replied December 2021

Hi Hoaming, Thanks for the review! We appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

Tim from Macquarie Anglican

Simple Display Screen Manager

We found it easy to setup, affordable, and reliable. No issues so far - only praise!

Pros

Its so easy implement! I love that all we needed was a screen and an Amazon Firestick and we were away. We can easily push updates to the screens which means we are more likely to keep them up to date. The 1st screen free deal is great and for our other screens they offer a NFP discount which is nice!

Cons

The display editor is fairly basic, and sometimes a little unintuitive for more complex features. The power is there to do cool stuff but as with all software it take a bit of time to work out how! We import most designs ready to go which simplifies things :)

Matthew from Financial Services

Fantastic customer support experience

Pros

Screens and playlists are easy to create. I had an issue with some scripting for a login and support was fantastic in working with me to get the script working, fantastic experience.

Cons

Some devices do not allow opening a web console but this is a limitation of the device rather than the signage software.