All Play Digital Signage Reviews

A wonderful low-budget option with cheap startup costs!

JD

Industry: Online Media

Most Flexible Solution

Pros

I love the flexibility that Play gives me when creating layouts for the signage. Other solutions were very rigid in the layouts they supported and the ability to share assets between different sign layouts. Plus the price is great! I also love the variety of devices that can be used as players instead of being forced into a proprietary solution.

Cons

Some features aren't the most intuitive to get to, but their support is great in walking you through various steps!

Simplicity and cost.

Simon

December 2022

Briliant product with a high value for money.

It took me (systems admin) exactly 45 minutes to get the first playlist up and running in a test environment they offer.We were looking for an affordable and easy to use information display solution. Most others are a complete solution which includes the display, the software and the maintenance contract. This software only needs a client which is available on many platforms like Google tv, android, windows, mac etc. The management is cloud based, so anyone can maintain the slides from anywhere, accounts can be secured by a 2FA solution.

Pros

This software is very easy to deploy, the price is right, the help pages very usefull

Cons

The asset part could be more intuitive. While the upload is very easy, the navigation is somewhat less intuitive

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Simon, Thanks for the review. I love the way you wrote it, but you gave us 0 starts in customer support and I was wondering why that is? Please reach out to me if you need anything. Regards Lars

Melanie

July 2022

Review FBCB

Neutral.

Pros

The many options available to produce slides for the sign.

Cons

It takes a while to get the hang of using it.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Melanie, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time. Regards Lars.

Replied July 2022

Juan Carlos

November 2022

Play Signage help my business to offer a good service to my clients

it help us to do our work, so far its been useful to our business, easy to use and practical

Pros

It is very useful to our business. We are an advertising media agency, so we need to control different campaings on different screens, and it help us to do our work

Cons

maybe an automatic reports about campaings, atomaticaly send to whoever needs to see them.

Reasons for choosing Play Digital Signage

i don need another options and services that other companies offers and another its price

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Juan, Thanks for the kind and thorough review, we appreciate you taking the time. Regards Lars

Replied November 2022

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Start small, can scale too.

I have been able to ensure a consistent look and feel to our external and advertising displays, make updates on the fly and used very simple hardware.

Pros

Play allows me to easily design and deploy digital signs across our coworking spaces.

Cons

The software is very feature-rich, which can be slightly overwhelming when you first get started.

Reasons for choosing Play Digital Signage

The first screen is free forever, a great way to get me started. Expanding to multiple screens was simple.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Mark, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

Replied December 2021

Billy

Great Software

Pros

It's easy to navigate and create/implement playlists and content

Cons

I wish video worked better - we have a lot of video elements that have problems when using this software, but photos seem to work fine

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Billy, Thanks for the review. Regarding the video issues please reach out using the live chat at playsignage.com and we will get it sorted out. Regards Lars

Sid

Perfect for small businesses

Pros

Easy to use interface and enjoy the compliments from our counter customers

Cons

No cons as of yet that I can think of...

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Sid, Thanks for the great review. Regards Lars

Tysen

January 2023

Springfield Cardinals Review

This software has been great for us! Originally we would upload a video loop to usb drives and then play those on tv's. It was annoying because the tv's are mounted high from the ground. The cloud based platform of PlaySignage has been great!

Pros

I liked the simplicity of this software and it being cloud based with remote control.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints as of now.

Na

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Tysen, Thanks for the great review, we appreciate you taking the time. Regards Lars.

Rabbi Binyomin

December 2022

Highly functional and a pleasure to use!

Pros

super easy to insert media or even slideshows for our school and update the screens at a moment's notice

Cons

It would be great if there was a way to easily insert slide by slide slideshows that were created elsewhere.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Rabbi, Thanks for the review. You gave us 0 stars for support, but I can't see you've reached out to support? Please let me know if there is something we should look in to for you. Regards Lars

Martin

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

January 2023

Good Product

Pros

Easy interface and you can put in whatever you like

Cons

Simpler and more templates for airline industry

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Martin, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time. Regards Lars

Kelsey

Love everything about Play Signage!!

I've only called customer service 2 times and each time has been beyond helpful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT was a helper for me today (a login issue due to our emails changing domains) and they were able to help not only quickly but extremely efficiently too.

Pros

The easy of use. Adding screens and updating the communications slides is wonderful and streamlined. I can rest assured that TV's I cannot physically see are updated! Plus, by using the app on a small computer device (we don't have smart TV's) the communications are displayed 24/7.

Cons

I found connecting to the TV was a bit cumbersome, but this is because we don't have smart TV's. After buying a small computer device, it worked beautifully.

Reasons for choosing Play Digital Signage

Use of ease and a trial period (without pre-payment!).

Reasons for switching to Play Digital Signage

My company was acquired and I needed a new solution. This is EVEN BETTER than Mura :) BY FAR!!

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Kelsey, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

Replied January 2022

Benjamin

Great service for a really good price

We switched over to Play Digital Signage because of the flexibility of the service. With new software, you have to learn how to use it. Play Digital Signage is fast to learn with all sorts of handy features that we still keep discovering as we use it more. The customer service was super helpful with troubleshooting and with some features that we didn't know how to use. I would totally recommend it.

Pros

It's easy to create eye-catching and professional looking slides. The customer service is FAST and responsive.

Cons

The scheduler could be easier to use as it isn't very clear to set up schedules correctly.

Reasons for switching to Play Digital Signage

Service quality and flexibility in designing slides

Meredith

Highly Recommend!

Pros

I am not the typical user. I assumed the role of VP of a Women's Golf Association (all volunteer) earlier this year. We are a group of (mostly) retired women who play golf once-a-week at our golf club. One of my tasks was to maintain an old-fashioned bulletin board in our locker room -- a cork-board with paper notices posted using thumb tacks. Surely there had to be a better way. We had a television monitor in the locker room that was available to use. I began doing my homework on electronic signboards, learning and researching the various products. That's how I came across Play Signage. After watching the videos and reading the tutorials, I gathered up my courage, created an account, and started to create a slide. And then another slide. And another. And another. The learning curve was so easy and the capabilities were so robust. It was easy, and fun, and most of all, in no time I had created a deck of slides that I was really proud of. I included animations, gifs, plug-ins for the weather, time & date, quotes, and even some YouTube videos. If this retired person in her 60s could do this, anyone can do it. When I hit an occasional roadblock, Lars from Play Signage was on the chat line ready to help. He was generous with his time, and was always available -- weeknights, weekends, and even holidays. The customer support was above and beyond any software or application I have ever used. I highly recommend Play Signage.

Cons

I have no comments for this section. There is nothing I don't like.

Reasons for choosing Play Digital Signage

My selection was based on price, the user reviews that had been posted, and a review of the websites for the other companies.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Meredith, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time to put your review in.

Replied July 2021

Munumi

March 2022

Value for money digital signage system

Pros

The ability to embed a playlist within a playlist and the ability to time a slide and have itself deleted on the date set. Slide stash is also a good feature, making it easy to use slides created across multiple playlists.

Cons

The downside is the lack of news Apps. That area needs improvement.

Response from Play Digital Signage, Inc.

Hi Munumi, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time. Regards Lars.

Replied March 2022

Danielle

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easily the most robust solution at this price-point.

As a designer who works remotely, being able to efficiently manage content from the cloud rather than manually juggling flash drives with PowerPoint presentations has been fantastic.

Pros

Play offers an incredibly robust product at the absolute best price-point available. Customer support is nothing short of outstanding, and the fact that they integrate seamlessly with an extensive list of devices (FireStick, Android, Chrome, Apple, Raspberry Pi, Windows, etc.) and offer a clean intuitive cloud-based editor loaded with plug-ins and easy scheduling, there isn't another solution that even comes close. Play has completely streamlined the way we push content to the displays in our office. And as a designer who works remotely, being able to efficiently manage content from the cloud rather than manually juggling flash drives with PowerPoint present