All Screenly Reviews

Jamison

It is just simple to use.

Pros

Easy of access, dependability and updating

Cons

It would be nice to auto update playlists by adding a folder so that anything in the content folder is automatically added to the playlist, but that may not apply to all people.

Reasons for choosing Screenly

We chose screenly for its easy of use and the teamwork environment.

Timmy

Screenly

Excellent

Pros

Really easy to use very functional. The fact that you can time and queue the digital elements is fantastic. The turnaround time from when the media is sent to when it actually plays is very impressive. We are very happy with our partnership with Screenly. The customer service is excellent with a "can do" attitude to solving any operational issues.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike and at the cost it is better than anything other platform we have used on the market.

Response from Screenly

Hi Timmy, Thank you for taking the time to review our software and we value your feedback. If you have additional questions about Screenly, please feel free to contact support@screenly.io. We appreciate you being a loyal Screenly customer.

Replied September 2018

Randy

Beautiful screens, not-so-beautiful features

Pros

The screens and resolution were beautiful on this product. Additionally, we were able to deploy hundreds of custom assets and playlists in a matter of hours.

Cons

We were siloed in to only using raspberry pi units and there were no transitions between graphics. When we changed the infrastructure of our wifi systems, the support documentation was zero help. We instead had to flash each of our 20+ units manually and reconfigure each on the new wifi. There should be an option built in to the ScreenlyOS image on the raspberry pi to modify wifi configs.

Nfon

Screenly is simply impressive

Screenly is a software that i love cos it schedules my videos for a really long period of time and I can share my content to multiple screens and in multiple places that has helped solve a lot of my problems. But if the free and the commercial were more similar it will go a long way.

Pros

The fact that I can schedule content weeks in advance is a mazing. Also i can check the status of my screens, and get in control of your signage is simply impressive.

Cons

The only thing I did not like is the fact that you cannot use the free version to know the functionality of the commercial version. If this could be a little more similar it really would go a long way.

Trudy

Screenly quality is excellant with affordable pricing

We wanted to be able to digitally promote our programs and group fitness schedule throughout the fitness center and locker rooms. Using Screenly has improved our communication with members and has helped us market new programming and training events to our members more effectively.

Pros

I think the features of the Screenly software are helpful in being able to manage videos and graphics so you can promote what you want when you want. It's very customizable.

Cons

When there is a communication issue with one of the screens oftentimes we have to reboot the whole player. Unfortunately, our screens are hung up very high so this is not convenient. I have tried the reboot within the software but rarely works.

Reasons for choosing Screenly

Pricing was the main factor. Screenly was affordable and also appeared to be easier to use than others I was looking at.

Sam

Perfect for multi-location deployment

We have 15 devices deployed in retail stores across the country and we rarely experience any issues.

Pros

It’s easily deployed, easily managed, and the user interface allows for easily configuring things like video playlists.

Cons

It’s still has some bugs and it would be nice to have a more robust scheduling apparatus. Occasionally the devices will drop off the network and have to manually rebooted.

Reasons for choosing Screenly

Price and functionality met our needs.

George

Industry: Research

August 2022

Original signage program

Pros

Screenly provides a comprehensive infrastructure for our digital signage requirements.

Cons

Our experience with Screenly is quite positive so far, I have nothing negative to add here.

Goodbye to Free

Very disappointed that first they cancel their free one-screen option to new customers but then turn around and disable accounts for pre-existing customers like us. No warning either. I discovered by noticing nothing was on the display and then when logging in to see the “account disabled” notice. Nothing I can do except purchase their monthly package that was overkill for our small organization. Since we can’t afford to pay, I’m switching over to info-beamer.

Pros

Was a really great option for our non-profit that couldn’t afford another monthly cost.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. It was easy to use and the free version had all the options we needed.

Brooke

We Love Screenly!

Pros

Screenly is very easy to learn and use. It takes only seconds to upload and swap images on our screens.

Cons

Sometimes the images will shrink from full size and that can be frustrating. I also wish there was a way to link the screens with the software we use for our website so images would automatically populate.

Cyrus

Industry: Medical Devices

Simple and Easy to Use Digital Signage

Screenly has been a great service for us. Any time we've had an issue their customer service is quick and straightforward.

Pros

The ease of use. It's very straightforward to add images and assets to our folders and get them on our company TVs.

Cons

I only wish there were more tools, such as a way to add a pop-up banner on the bottom of the TVs. Thankfully, I've talked with one of the employees and they said this and more are the works!

Jarrod

Industry: Restaurants

Great product

We have used Screenly for years now and everything from ease of use to the minimal times we've needed customer support has been fantastic. Great company, with an even better product.

Pros

This product is both easy to use and deploy fairly inexpensively as well. We use it daily for various tasks and it doesn't get much easier to schedule and deploy content.

Cons

I have no qualms with Screenly, everything has been great and only gotten better over time.

Brent

In house advertising and employee communications campaign

Very satisfied with the product and support they've provided.

Pros

Ease of deployment, scheduling, and no complicated firewall configuration.

Cons

Single administrative login. However, this was recently resolved in an update.

Reasons for switching to Screenly

Ease of deployment and management of content. Which resulted in large reduction in costs to support the solution.

Murtaza

Industry: Restaurants

December 2021

Free Digital Signage

Pros

We have been using screenly at our business places the good thing OSE (open source edition) is free forever and it can be installed on Raspberry pi which works flawlessly. it is very easy to set up the marketing content that can be uploaded through the web browser with the option to modify the air time that's a very interesting thing I can display an image on a TV with a duration of my choice. The weather and clock widget is awesome it detects the time zone and shows accurate information.

Cons

1. it doesn't support hi-res images like HEIC files. 2. This OSE version only works on Raspberry Pi it should also have been made available to Windows as this can be very easy for us to utilize existing Intel Sticks. 3. Screenly doesn't have a proper news widget by default or should have a news ticker option I think it lacks such options as of now it is very basic signage software.

Linda

Industry: Semiconductors

Integra Technologies

Overall I am extremely happy with Screenly Pro and would not hesitate to recommend this product.

Pros

The Screenly Pro software program has made a positive impact within our organization by allowing us to reach our employees throughout all four locations on all shifts. With Screenly Pro I have the ability to make changes and send messages as quickly as clicking a button. The recent updates have made this process even easier.

Cons

The updates to the Screenly Pro are immediate. When I remove a slide from the Content it is automatically removed from the Playlist which is immediately removed from the display screens. I wish there was a 1- or 2-minute delay. The employees are aware when I am updating the presentations.

Ashley

Industry: Biotechnology

Makes our business functional!

This software has been deeply beneficial to our manufacturing plant to keep all employees up to date with company information. We are also in process of implementing Screenly to our other sites across the US.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use and provides instant delivery of the media/information we post.

Cons

Everything is great! The only sometimes unfavorable this is the different folders for content versus playlists, sometimes I wish we could just drop the media directly onto the playlist.