• Pros

• "Easy to use and anyone can use it. I would recommend it"

• "It is extremely easy to use and is easy to update quickly. "

• "Very easy to use and can make immediate changes. Love the use of standard slides on weather, time, etc. The templates are easy to use but are very basic."

• Cons

• "I found it to be a little difficult to set up initially, but once I found a method that worked, everything has gone smoothly."

• "I still wish there was more customization when it comes to slides. Either being able to completely build our own from scratch or more options."

• "The software is great, my only con is the hardware isn’t super easy to hid because of the short cords it comes with."

Browse truDigital Signage Reviews

Matt from PetIQ

Industry: Veterinary

A great solution for in store signage!

We have deployed 20 truDigital units to 20 different locations spread across the US. We are able to update our marketing messages on these screens almost instantly.

Pros

The software is super easy to use once you understand all of the functionality. Being able to deploy a playlist to multiple units at the same time is a huge plus. Also being able to instantly see the status of each player really helps us as our units are located across the US from coast to coast.

Cons

Updating playlists can be a little tricky at times. Supplied templates don't have the best design options and they aren't very customizable.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hi Matt, Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you're able to easily display your marketing messages across the US. Regarding our templates, we have our design department working on creating more templates to choose from, so stay tuned. If you have any questions in the future, feel free to contact us at 801-852-9898. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Beth from PHOENIX

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Lots of Options - A little "clunky"

It's been a great communication tool for our front office. We use it to greet our customers that visit our headquarters and also to celebrate employee milestones. The live YouTube feed has been very popular.

Pros

There are a lot of good options for content in terms of layouts. The scheduling is GREAT and I don't run into weird glitches like I did with our old Novisign program. It's definitely an upgrade from that system.

Cons

Some of the templates are hard to edit or have limitations to what can be added. For example, the holidays have just a select number of images. Some of the birthday templates are challenging if you have a long name to put in there. I have done some Welcome templates and have had to fiddle with the company logo image for 1/2 an hour to get it to size up correctly.

Reasons for Choosing truDigital Signage

Mostly because the TruDigital sales rep was very responsive and got back to me quickly. We needed to make the change within a certain time period. Also, I like your price point and felt it was a pretty good value for what we were getting.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied November 2019

Hi Beth, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad you enjoy the scheduling feature and the multiple options for content. We're always looking to improve, so we appreciate your feedback and insights. If you have any questions or additional suggestions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to work with you. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Aileen from Whatcom Middle School

First impressions

We use truDigital to communicate school information to our student population. We have monitors in the main office and in the Student Commons.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the finished product. It looks very nice up on our monitors. I like the parts that I do not have to manipulate, like the clock, weather and holidays. I want give a to shout out to your customer assistance crew. I had a problem a while back with the display not uploading. Through an online chat, we were able to troubleshoot and get it back online.

Cons

1. I do not like how the templates like the Birthday and Upcoming events make you click and type, click and type, into each box. It takes forever to fill and you can't cut and paste. If you miss one name or date, you have to wipe everything out and retype it all. I wish I could use the templates, because I like some of the animated ones, but they are not user friendly. Because of this, I have taken to creating my own slides in Powerpoint and uploading them into a TruDigital slideshow template. This is so time consuming, and when you create a Powerpoint slide, none of the animations carry over into Tru-Digital. 2. I do not like the Integration QuoteFancy template. You cannot choose a different quote each day from the same author. If you choose five quotes or 20 quotes, you will still get the same first quotes. Maybe I want quote #35 - sorry, you can't choose it. 3. What I especially don't like is that all of your content is geared mainly toward business and nothing toward education. I work in a middle school so I need content that will engage my younger audience. 4. Some of the templates look great, like the Employee of the Month template called Employee Animated2, for example. I wish I could take it and change the title to something like Turkey Trot Winner and put a student's picture in it, but there is no option to change the title. This is just one example of how the majority of your content is unusable for us.

Reasons for Choosing truDigital Signage

Not my choice - our district office selected Tru-Digital.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied November 2019

Hello Aileen, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to know you enjoy the finished product and various templates and integrations like weather, holidays, and clock. We appreciate your valuable feedback and would love to discuss your suggestions further so we can make plans for improvements. Feel free to message me at michael.peine@trudigital.net and we can go over details. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

katelyn from Quantum Signal

Fun tool that provides many templates but customization for templates can be limited

I use this tool to convey information to staff at a software engineering company. It's a fun addition to the company. Overall, truDigital is a great tool for a creative purpose. There are a lot of features to get you started but there is a need for software improvement and design update.

Pros

There are many templates available so if you don't want to create any of your own, you don't have to. There are extra features available such as weather and traffic. You can choose the length of time that each slide is to appear in the slideshow. It also has a calendar function so you can choose when the slide is to begin appearing and stop appearing. You can preview slides and the slideshow without having to verify their appearance on the presentation monitor. If you want, you can create your own content and import it as images to use. You can create folders to organize slides.

Cons

In the beginning of using the program, it was not intuitive. I've learned to use it overtime but it was definitely frustrating to figure out at first. The connection is really slow and content loads slowly - unlike any other site I use. Some of the styles on the templates are outdated. You can't customize the size of the text or picture boxes which leaves a lot of unused space. Because of those reasons, I'm not a huge fan of their templates and often make my own in PowerPoint and import them. I don't like that you can't see the font type or color before implementing it.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hi Katelyn, We greatly appreciate your detailed review! We're glad to hear we've been able to help you convey information to staff members. We're grateful for the feedback; we're always working to improve. If you have any questions or would like any additional training, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We want to ensure you have the best digital signage experience possible. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Alan from Avinode

Great digital signage tool to integrate with third party tools

It is difficult to understand how it works and configure the screens at first. Once the learning curve is over, and you are able to setup some nice templates, then TVs always display as expected. Very easy to update templates, although changes do not get pushed instantly unless you physically push it from each display.

Pros

Once the dashboards / signs are up and running it is really easy to maintain. It allows you to integrate with third party applications like Instagram, Facebook, Slack, YouTube Videos, Power Point Templates, Power Bi, among others.

Cons

Their templates are very basic, almost not valuable. Some of the out of the box integrations do not work as expected. The user interface to configure things in the back-end has a learning curve and is not the nicest user interface. However, if you use your own templates, what is displayed on the TVs look great.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied December 2019

Hello Alan, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear you enjoy using many of the integrations. We also appreciate your valuable feedback, as we're continuously working to make improvements. If you have any questions or suggestions in the future, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to help. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Kati from Vi-Jon

Great Product!

Pros

truDigital is very user friendly and offers many different apps. The apps allow you to be creative with your own designs, or use the preloaded designs for a quick and easy process.

Cons

Sometimes the content will lag when I try to watch the slideshow from my computer. The support group at truDigital was great in trying to find a solution, but the problem stemmed from too many Google Slides, which is what seems to be the easiest app for our organization.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied November 2019

Hi Kati, Thanks for your amazing review! We're thrilled you enjoy the ease of use and the many apps offered. We appreciate the feedback as well, as we're continuously looking to make improvements. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Larry from Xiocast

Great Product, Great People, Hefty Price

I loved the product, loved working with the people. Great company and they go out of their way to make you a happy customer. That speaks volumes to me. The kicker for me has been the price. Other services that rival the content management features of TruDigital are in most cases less expensive. We operate 20 screen locations so the expense is a bit over the top for us.

Pros

The dashboard interface is very easy to use; intuitive. The content management is made easy and the scheduling of playlists is right on spot. From the user standpoint, I absolutely love it.

Cons

There isn't a lot of freedom in template design. Our stations are all set up in zones and we had to get a custom template made to achieve our standard design. Designers much prefer the freedom to work on an open canvass and this software painted you in a corner to easily.

Reasons for Choosing truDigital Signage

No competition in the quality of delivery and dashboard options.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied November 2019

Hello Larry, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you've enjoyed using truDigital and working with us. We also appreciate your valuable insights and feedback, as we're continuously working to make improvements. If you have any questions or suggestions in the future, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to help. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Jerrad from Cedar Hills Community Church

Worth Every Penny!!!

I began using truDigital through our relationship with the NAPA AutoCare Program several years ago & thought it did a great job showcasing our business. When I had the opportunity to do the same thing at my church, I couldn't think of a better company to partner with for similar content. The company has been awesome to work with & we truly believe that we're a better place for having it.

Pros

We have been using the truDigital software through the church since mid summer. Since installing the monitors & implementing it, we have received tons of comments about the new "signage." It's mostly that it's such a big difference having two large displays showing different content (we use one for general information, announcements, etc. & one for volunteer team showcasing & needs awareness. The signage looks amazing & is super easy for new users to learn.

Cons

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied December 2019

Hello Jerrad, Thank you for your amazing review! We're glad to hear you enjoy using truDigital for displays at your church. We also appreciate your feedback, as we're continuously working to make improvements. If you have any questions or suggestions in the future, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Ronda from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Just keeping everyone in our building informed about what is going on daily.

Pros

It helps our residents and staff stay current with activities ,menu's, and pictures. Keeps us all informed

Cons

I have no issues using this, but sometimes it takes a few minutes for the monitor to recognize the changes made.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied November 2019

Hello Ronda, Thank you for your stellar review! We're glad to hear truDigital helps you keep residents and staff informed. If you have any questions for us about the hardware or software, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to help. Thanks again for the review! Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Lars from Valley Companies

Easy to use, fun to set up.

Our terminals are getting up to date weather, traffic and transport news with RSS feeds.

Pros

The customizable templates such as Corkboards and HTML 5 Templates are a must have in our industry. The plug and play device is easy to set up and building playlists is fun and easy to learn.

Cons

Need more apps/options for News and Maps.

Reasons for Choosing truDigital Signage

Free digital players after certain number bought, better overall pricing and service once we added everything up and compared.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied November 2019

Hello Lars, Thanks for your glowing review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying truDigital. We certainly appreciate your feedback since we're always looking to make improvements. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions in the future! Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Aaron from Southwest Minnesota State University

Our experience with TruDigital has been enjoyable, professional, and seamless.

The benefits we received from this software were broad. We placed our system in a historical museum on our campus. This allowed us to showcase relevant content throughout the school year. When we knew certain groups would be on campus, we could feature content that would be relevant to them. Aside from sharing content we also used our system to spread awareness of events that were going on at the University. Lastly, our system provided us another medium to showcase the video productions that we created throughout the year. We showcase these videos at events and on social media, and our signage system provided us another unique way to showcase these projects that we are proud of. Overall the system has allowed us to produce and display timely and relevant content to a variety of audiences on our campus.

Pros

TruDigital provides a great total package. We love the cloud-based management that allows users to update content from any computer either on site or virtually. Also, the personable nature of TruDigital stands out. Our sales rep has remained in contact with us well over a year after we purchased our system. She has been a great resource for questions and ideas throughout our process. Aside from our sales rep, the support staff is excellent. Whenever we email over an issue we receive a personalized detailed response with screenshots and instructions within the hour. Overall both quality of the system and the personal nature of TruDigital stand out as what we like best about the software.

Cons

At times it feels like the templates are somewhat limited. Having our system for over a year I would have liked to see more change and innovation in relation to the themes. They have changed some but I still believe there is room for improvement and creativity around developing new theme designs and features for consumers. Sometimes users do not know what they want, so you have to develop it for them. I would encourage TruDigital to consider innovative signage theme ideas that could improve the user experience even more.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied October 2018

Hey Aaron! First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide a review and feedback for us. We greatly appreciate it. We're also thrilled to hear you've been enjoying your experience with truDigital. We really try to do all we can to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for you. And thank you for bringing up room for improvement, we appreciate the feedback. We agree, new themes certainly add to the mix. Our development and design teams have been improving the rate at which new templates are created. So it's safe to say you'll be seeing more and more unique templates from here on out. We hope you enjoy them. Again, thank you for the review. Please let us know if you have any questions. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Bill from Westmont College

Great solution for the price.

After trying to implement a MUCH more expensive server-based program that did not perform as advertised, our second round of research uncovered TruDigital. One of our prime directives was that the program needed to 100% web based/hosted and accessible to all our users via PC or Mac without any software install required. We have been amazingly happy with this service, and quickly and easily built a robust program for multiple users to display announcements to our students on three adjacent 75" screens in our dining commons. It is also used on a smaller screen in the back by our food service contractor for communicating with their employees. Creating and posting content is super easy. We can use our own slides created with Photoshop or Powerpoint, or use templates provided by TruDigital. We have displayed video "commercials" we've created. We used the video feature to create cool decor for our annual Christmas dinner....a video fireplace on the center screen, and snow (again, video) falling outside the "windows" on either side! The students also appreciate the AP news feeds and weather info that are TruDigtital templates. The technical support staff are terrific, and almost all issues are resolved in minutes via their chat feature (including adding users in seconds), but they'll also call you right away when the phone is going to work better. Another imperative for us that TruDigital provides is different users having different access to any combination of the content players we need them to have. We expect to expand the program to other parts of the campus in the coming year. If there is any downside at all, it would just be that I'd like to see some other options in the templates provided, but that hasn't slowed us down. If you'd like to talk to me about TruDigital, please feel free to contact me or just call them. They're fabulous human beings.

Great Communication Tool for our Small Office

We are totally satisfied with truDigital. It has served our small office needs completely. Would recommend to anyone.

Pros

The software is easy to use, and I like that it's cloud-based - I can update screens from home if I needed to. The hardware adapted well with our existing TV screens. Love how flexible the software is in integrating our own content, like presentation slides or spreadsheets. The thing that sold me on this product over others was the support. Prior to purchase, I was given an extensive demo and the opportunity to ask alot of questions. Every question I had was thoroughly answered. I cannot say the same for other products that I checked out. We've been using truDigital for about 2 years, and when we've needed support (which has only been a couple of times), they've been there with quick responses. We initially purchased 2 devices and content subscriptions. We have since added another.

Cons

I wish there were a few more templates available for integrated content. We use the quotes template, but would love to see a template that shows nature photos from around the world. Or a Calm template that changes on a daily basis.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello! Thank you for your stellar review! We appreciate your comments and are thrilled to know truDigital has been able to serve the needs of your office. Regarding templates, we're working to add more integrations as soon as we can. We appreciate your insights and suggestions. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Jaron from WESTMONT COLLEGE

Overall Positive

Overall, I have experienced truDigital to be highly responsive and good problem solvers. I appreciate the product and its value and would recommend it to other institutions.

Pros

To its credit, truDigital allows multiple users to upload content to players/screens across the users' campus. The interface is clear and reasonably intuitive and allows our administrator to oversee content without having to personally post each item. It allows for a variety of different media, ranging from templates that will populate the players with breaking news stories and images, to templates that allow users to upload still images and videos. On the whole, I've been pleased with the product.

Cons

A three things that drive me nuts: (1) I have not found a way to copy a template and its content from one player in our system to another, forcing me to rebuild each template for each player, (2) the player playlists allow you to automate when an item will start/stop playing, but does not automatically remove it from playlist itself, and (3) I wish there was a built in "monitor" where you could view what is playing on a player in realtime. Since I am in a different building from all of our players, the only way I can confirm that things posted correctly is to walk across campus and wait for my content to pop up.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello Jaron, Thank you for your detailed review, we appreciate it! We're glad to hear you've been pleased with truDigital. We'd love to jump on a call and go over some of your feedback. For example, there is a way to copy templates from one player to another. There's also a way to preview the content being displayed on your screens. Contact support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to go over details. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Ron from CSG

The good and the bad

We have multiple offices all around the world and the deployment and setup in different countries is some what a chore. If an update is pushed it takes for ever sometimes. The price factor and size makes this a good option for certain company needs.

Pros

The cost is low for implementing a digital signage solution. The support and service has been very good.

Cons

I have to have a person physically reboot or restart a device weekly. I am constantly having to monitor the status of these players on a daily basis as they tend to drop off the network. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to update the players when a new slide is pushed. At least once a day I get a call from someone notifying me that the device rebooted randomly and the device menu is showing sometimes up to 3 or more minutes.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hi Ron, Thanks for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear you enjoy our support and service. We want to ensure you have the best experience possible. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Abby from Plains Commerce Bank

TruDigital Review

I am so-so on the TruDigital product. Is there something else out there that would better serve our needs or be a bit easier to use/quicker-yes but currently we do not have the time to search for such software.

Pros

I like the online portal as it is easily accessible no matter where I am working for the day. Also the fact that we can place an ad on our TVs within seconds (sometimes minutes).

Cons

The time it takes to upload new slides, navigate between players as we have 7-8 and most in different cities. Basically-anything we have to do via the website (which is nearly everything) is super slow, delayed, and quite frustrating.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hi Abby, Thank you for leaving us a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the remote access and the ability to add content to your screens quickly. If you have questions, would like additional training, or have additional feedback for us, please message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We're always happy to help. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

February 2016

Tim from Pfeiffer Management Group

February 2016

Good value, good product, great service

We recently switched to TruDigital after being slightly burned by a different digital signage company. We manage several auto dealerships, a hotel and a restaurant, so finding a software platform that allows cross promotion between different locations, as well as different business types was important. After sitting through a live demo with Jake from the TruDigital sales team, I was able to make an educated decision. The demo was one on one, with no pressure, and was scheduled when it was convenient for my schedule. The required player hardware seems robust enough to handle just about anything I want to load it with, and was reasonably priced. The software is easy to navigate, and the templates that TruDigital has for use are simple enough to edit. Since everything is based on their website, I can make basic changes to playlists and images from any computer I happen to be near. I have even made a few tweaks from my smartphone. I am not a graphic artist by any stretch of the imagination, so when I am adding my own images for slide shows from PowerPoint, or a PDF, they can appear a little grainy in resolution on larger presentation screens. However, this only seems to occur when using a full screen slide presentation on a 60" screen. When a slide show is merged with one of TruDigitals 'corkboard' style templates, the images are very clear. I have had some issues with playing certain video streams from YouTube or MP4. On occasion, the player just simply won't play the video. I have reported this to the TruDigital customer service group, and they pointed me in the right direction of proper video conversion. Speaking of customer service...these guys are great. If you have an issue, they will work with you on getting it fixed. If you have a question, someone will get back to you promptly. If you forget how to change something on your play list, you can watch one of their many tutorials, or submit a help ticket, and they will get back to you quickly. Overall, I am very pleased to be working with TruDigital. They continue to roll out helpful new features, and slick new templates on a regular basis. I look forward to working with them in the future.

Great platform, however has some quirks

These displays (both internally and externally) have been a great addition to our business. They've exponentially improved our communications. Given more time for upkeep, the cons would be far less significant, and even as is, they are manageable. TruDigital is one of the better options on the market!!

Pros

Automated News, countdowns, dashboards and more

Cons

some of the 3rd party API providers are slow to fix their applications, and unless you are proactively checking to make sure everything is working properly on a daily basis, some apps and widgets could be malfunctioning and there is no notification of such, especially if relying on the dot status of the sync. Customer support is great to work with though!

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hello, Thank you for writing a review for us! It's great to hear we've been able to help you improve your communications. We appreciate the feedback as well. We certainly want to make sure your experience is the best it can be. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Stephen from Stucki Roller Bearing

Industry: Railroad Manufacture

6 Month truDigital Review

Pros

The hardware has been very easy to setup and maintain and has worked on a variety of screen manufacturers. Any requests in to customer service have been handled pretty quickly. We only use limited "live feeds" to display social media etc. but what we do use works well.

Cons

Software can be cumbersome to manage multiple content on multiple playlists (screens). Some of this is to do with the organization of the file manager and playlists and some is because of the way templates are created. We display a lot of jpg information and all the formatting has to be done before upload. There is no in-system facilities to size or crop for example. Playlist slides can be difficult if you have many similar because the slideshow thumbnails in the playlist are all generic for example.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello Stephen, We most certainly appreciate your review. We're glad customer service has been able to handle your questions quickly. Thank you for your feedback; we're always looking to improve. If you have any questions for us, feel free to reach us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Shane from BHC Insurance

Does exactly what we want

The setup was painless; the day-to-day use is easy. Our receptionist started off insisting she wasn't going to be responsible for the lobby TV. Once we showed her how easy it was, though, she took right to it and doesn't ever have a problem. The only issue we've had has been when the power blinks. The little TruDigital unit is velcroed behind the TV, so when the power blinks, someone has to walk over there and hit the power button. Even a small built-in battery to keep the unit up for a minute would save that grief. Since the remote is IR and requires line of sight, you have to walk over to the wall to point the remote behind the TV, but we almost never need to use the remote for anything. So an RF remote might be a good addition, but really not necessary. It's very flexible, has lots of handy built-in content, and works seamlessly with our custom content. It even makes our FaceBook presence look good.

Pros

Ease of use and custom content

Cons

No internal battery for power blinks.

Deb from Orizon Aerostructures

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Many Benefits

The support team is very quick to help, I can always reach someone. It's really nice that I can manage multiple locations from one website. The user interface is a little bit clunky but that may be because I haven't taken the time to really get to know it.

Pros

I like that I can access multiple locations and change their playlist with easy start and stop times.

Cons

The preview doesn't always show up, when working with templates they often stall and have limits to changes. Moving from playlist, to

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hi Deb, Thank you for leaving us a review! We're certainly glad to hear from you. If you have any questions or would like additional training, we'd be more than happy to help. Feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Donna from Hyde School

Works well once you learn the software

We are a boarding school and getting announcements out is helpful Posting schedules Parent's weekend announcements Admissions visitors like to see their names

Pros

There are a number of templates that make it easy to post Customer support is excellent Once learned work pretty well holiday templates are good

Cons

Google integration is troublesome Needs more how-tos The learning curve is a bit high Utilizing the templates are not intuitive

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello Donna, Thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate your time. We're glad to hear you've been enjoying the various templates available. In regards to the Google Integration, feel free to contact support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to go over details. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Anthony from Edgemont UFSD

Great Application for Digital Signage!

I have had a great experience thus far, customer service has been great from day 1. I had a software issue with one of my players and they swapped it out with a new one is a couple of days.

Pros

If you are proficient at using powerpoint, you can make really nice slides. Also, it integrates very nicely with google docs, sheets, and slides. Great variety of templates to use as well.

Cons

The only thing I would suggest is for the program to display the slides scheduled, only for the time they are scheduled. I had 5 slides of 10 seconds each scheduled in the system but for different days (one slide for each day), so it should have displayed whatever slide was scheduled for that day for 10 seconds per cycle, but did so for 50 seconds. There is no setting to stop that from happening.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello Anthony, We're so glad to hear you've been having a great experience with truDigital! Thank you for leaving a review. We greatly appreciate your feedback. If you have any questions, you can email us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Rinda from Utility Tri-State, Inc

Satisfied

Overall I've really enjoyed the experience with TruDigital Signage. Their customer service is quick and efficient for most things I've had to bring to them, and they are always friendly! The product provides our company with exactly what we need it to and we are very grateful for our service.

Pros

The ability to share content across location utilizing one program.

Cons

It has a lot of glitches, and will randomly slow down/stop working properly at times.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hi Rinda! Thank you so much for your review! It's great to hear you've enjoyed your experience with truDigital. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We want to make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible for you. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

truDigital is truLy awesome!

Pros

The customer service rep we used during the selection process was a phenomenal communicator and also trained us on the product. When we onboard new employees to the marketing team and they need a crash course on usage, they are always accommodating and responsive. Set-up is extremely fast and simple.

Cons

Some of the modules could use a little modernization but I would call on third parties to catch up to how the tool is used.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hello, Thank you for your awesome review! We're so glad to know you're enjoying your experience with truDigital. We appreciate your comments and feedback. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Rosemary from Prescott Public Library

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Platform for Creativity and Functionality

Incorporating TruDigital throughout the building has worked in helping to direct patrons and answer their questions. Once the playlists are organized and the basics of how the templates work are learned, it is easy to start creating and thinking outside of the box to customize templates to your needs.

Pros

The integrations are useful. We have enough options to display the information we need to share, and we can do it in creative ways. I use "Full Screen Slideshow" the most because I can design my images and then just insert them as slides. I'm looking forward to playing with the "Full Screen Video". It's great that the full 1080 p functionality can be utilized. The help chat is an excellent feature. I always get the answers I need in a short time.

Cons

Some of the templates don't exactly work for what we need. For example, anything that uses an RSS feed either doesn't display enough characters to be useful, or scrolls too fast. The calendar integration has a learning curve since it has to be written in xml. We use it to show events in the room that the tv is in front of. For the larger monitors, we would like to show events throughout the building, but there is no space for the room name to be displayed. On some templates there is a spot for a logo, but it is too small and can't be customized. Overall, it's the little details that often don't work for us.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hello Rosemary, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It's great to know that you enjoy the integrations, the Full Screen Slideshow, and our help chat. We also greatly appreciate your feedback. We want to do everything possible to make sure every detail suits your needs. Please let us know if you have any further questions. We'd be more than happy to help. Thank you again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Jimmie from Feazel Electrical Contracting

Excellent Product

I use the truDigital Signage on a daily basis to inform employees of upcoming events, birthdays, work anniversaries and safety information in a common area in our office. Everyone now has the ability to get updates in a centralized location without having to hunt someone down to ask a question. We scroll reminders across the screen to keep employees informed. It is a great product and I am very pleased with the sales and support staff. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for digital signage. It is well worth the investment.

Pros

I love the ability to be able to schedule slides to play on different dates and times.

Cons

There is not a template that fits every situation that I would like to broadcast. I would love the ability to create custom templates of my own.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello Jimmie, Thank you for your detailed review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying the scheduling feature. Having custom templates made for you is something we can make happen. Feel free to reach us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 to discuss details. Thanks again for your review, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Bill from Westmont College

GREAT system for digital announcement screens.

This system has perfectly met our need for multiple users to post announcements on screens on our campus.

Pros

Very easy to use and versatile for the very reasonable price. Most importantly, all cloud based and can be accessed by PC and Mac in our organization. We looked at several systems (and even bought and canceled one) before choosing TruDigital. Sadly, this review would not let me give them TEN stars for customer service. I highly recommend them!

Cons

Can run a little slow if you clog it up with too much content or files. I'd like to see them expand our capability in that way a little bit.

Adam from Leonard Holding Company

Industry: Food Production

Digital Signage at its Best!

I am 100% satisfied with my overall experience with truDigital.

Pros

truDigital has an easy to use dashboard to help you create, publish and schedule all of your messages, no matter the application.

Cons

There is very little negative to say about truDigital. There are rarely glitches in the system but when there is the truDigital team communicates quickly and effectively with me and they resolve the issue faster than I would expect.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello Adam, Thank you so much for leaving a review! We're thrilled to know you're 100% satisfied with truDigital. You just made our day! Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Lucho from Cirrus Logic

TruDigital Great Digital Signage Option

We use TruDigital for Help Desk Sinage in three different locations. Its great and easy to use. Customer support has always been 100%

Pros

Customer support has always been great and very quick to reply with a solution.

Cons

When your managing your playlist theres no thumbnail image of that slide. You have to click on preview to see whats on the specific slide. I have summited a feature request (my First), lets see if they add it to the next version.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello Lucho, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you've had a great experience with our support team. Thank you for your feedback and for your feature request; we're always striving to improve. Feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 if you have any questions. Thanks again for your thoughts, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

David from CVWRF

Digital Signage

We were looking for a way to replace existing led sign boards. When we found TruDigital, they sent us out a sales rep in a matter of days. Implementation was easy. The daily updates can be done by anyone with little to no computer experience. Weve really improved our employee communications. We have different displays, each having different announcements.

Pros

Ease of use, web dashboard, and the customer service is on point.

Cons

Loses contact occasionally. Have to reset manually at each box.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hello David, Thanks for making our day with your awesome review! We're happy to hear we've been able to help you improve employee communications. If you ever have questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Aleesa from Apple Village Assisted Living

User friendly and useful

We use this to advertise our activities each day. I like how I can have each new day and set it up ahead of time. It is also very versatile in advertising special events.

Pros

It is user friendly. They have multiple templates to keep it interesting. They are always coming up with new things.

Cons

Sometimes the boxes act up and lose connection.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hi Aleesa, Thanks for writing a review! We're happy to know you're enjoying the templates. If you have any questions, you can reach us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Kelly from Northern Middlesex YMCA

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy to operate and adds a unique twist to our lobby advertising

Pros

My role in using the truDigital signage includes only turning on and off the signage that is displayed in two areas of our building. It is easy to connect and the display options give us a ton of functionality, including adding the weather, date, and rotating photos and advertisements for our programs. There is a feature that allows you to keep some aspects of the background stationary (like we keep the date and weather stationary for several slides) while rotating photographs AND having a scrolling banner. It looks highly professional and allows us the flexiblity to rotate past the stationary backgrounds as well.

Cons

One day, it was not functioning (not connecting to the service it seemed). I am not aware of the reason for why it would not connect, but after our Coordinator contacted support, it was rectified immediately.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied December 2019

Hello Kelly, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a stellar review! We're glad to hear you've enjoyed using truDigital for your lobby advertising. If you have any questions or suggestions in the future, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Stan from Nekter juice bar hermosa beach

Excellent

Excellent customer service has been the experience and excellent software

Pros

When reveive a feed at our Nekter Juice Bar location and the content looks very clear.

Cons

Our biggest con is that we would like to use a lot more of the options but our franchiser wont allow it. I feel like were driving a Ferrari around the block in 1st gear using this great software. We know it can do a lot more than what were allowed so were fristrated end users.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello Stan, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad youve been enjoying truDigital. We wish your franchise all the best! Feel free to contact us if you ever have questions. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Matt from West Side Christian Church / West Side Youth Basketball

Good for Beginners

Its good to display basic info but it doesnt like having a large message displayed.

Pros

Basic and simple to use. Good for smaller & simpler playlists.

Cons

Sometimes difficult with working with videos in playlists. Transitions are pixelated and not smooth.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hi Matt, Thank you for leaving us a review. We want to make sure you're always getting the most out of your digital signage. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Man

Kyle from CSG

Tough to beat from a usability perspective

From a support perspective, they get an 8 -- it'd be a 10 if they offered 24/7 support. That might not matter if you're a US-based company, but it's a big deal if you're an international one. As far as day-to-day use, it's very low maintenance.

Pros

It's very easy to use and intuitive. Training others to perform basic tasks can be done in under 10 minutes.

Cons

It's a little restricted in terms of third party content, such as streaming news.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hi Kyle, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your comments and feedback. If you have any questions or would like us to train others for you, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com and wed be happy to help. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Jana from Shark LTD

God Technolog

It's a great greeting to our customers at the front door

Pros

I like that I can login online to update our directory monitor and upload pictures, pdf's, etc.

Cons

Seems to go down on a regular basis and have to reset the system

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hi Jana, Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad we're able to help you greet your customers. If you ever have questions for us, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We'd be more than happy to help. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Kim from J. Josephson

Industry: Printing

Communication

Excellent transition from regular to electronic boards - sales team was terrific Never have any problems with billing - problems are resolved easily

Pros

it is easy to communicate important items to my employees , including sharing new products in both photos and videos.

Cons

pre done content is not always well formatted - sometime the repetitive nature o f our messages makes it boring

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello Kim, We're so happy to hear you enjoy using truDigital to communicate important items with employees. Thanks for leaving a review. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Anthony from AAA

Good product

What TruDigital has to offer is nice and works well in our enviornment. Would like to see an enhancement in its Web5 features, but overall, meets expectations.

Pros

Customer service is punctual, helpful and can usually resolve thngs in the same chat.

Cons

Early on had to rebbot often. Slides took hours to update. Sometime hard to get hold of sales rep.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello Anthony! We certainly appreciate your review. Were happy to hear truDigital has been meeting your expectations. If there's anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to contact us at 801-852-9898. We want to make sure you're having the best digital signage experience possible. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Digital Content Management from Anywhere

Overall, truDigital allows my company to communicate and engage with our employee base with a variety of media.

Pros

I like the ability to manage screens individually or simultaneously. Also, I appreciate the availability and assistance of tech support in setting up custom features and creating a central content library.

Cons

My con isn't about the software, but sometimes the players that load up content to digital screens require manually rebooting (which can be difficult if they're spread out across multiple states).

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hello, Thanks for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear we're able to help your company better communicate and engage with your employees. If you ever have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be more than happy to help. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Theresa from Two Rivers Church

TruDigital for Church TVs

It has been great, and now that we are going multi-campus, it is simple for me to change the TV screens at all of the campuses each week all from one location, even home if I am sick or working from home that day. It was very intuitive to learn and quick & easy to pick up. I've loved it!

Pros

The ease of changing graphics, and how I can do it remotely as well.

Cons

A couple times (like 2 over the last few years) the players didn't upload the new content, even though it seemed to have worked when I did it. I really think this was an issue with our internet connection though, not the program itself. A quick reboot, fixed the issue.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hi Theresa, Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to know you enjoy using truDigital. If you ever have questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

kathleen from NEA Member Benefits

Great software!!

this signage has become to popular with employees that I now get slide updates daily as employees now rely on signage for company and work updates.

Pros

Love the software and once I called support a few times, I can now do things easily. They are always so patient and very attentive

Cons

Sometimes it can be slow but found that it is user error not software

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hello Kathleen, Thanks for your amazing review! We're so happy to hear you're having a great experience with truDigital. If you have any questions for us, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Stephen from McNeil's Towing

Excellent Customer Service! Great Product!

Everyone that walks in to our dispatch office is intrigued and impressed by our digital menu board. It adds a professional appearance with an unlimited amount of potential uses. We communicate important information within the company, like policy and procedural changes, current goals and metrics. It's a tool that we use daily. There are a ton of applications for this menu board, we only use a small percentage of what it's capable of. The only issue I had was a connectivity issue when I changed our router. It was immediately resolved with excellent customer service. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

Pros

Limitless applications, professional appearance, and great customer experience.

Kimberly from Shea Homes

Customer Service

Pros

I like that there are training videos to explore and watch. The help desk technicians are extremely friendly, helpful and patient.

Cons

I have deleted items from the playlist and they still turn up. I had to do an update and it took as 43 min to get it all figured out.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hello Kimberly, Thanks for leaving us a review. We're glad you've enjoyed the training videos. If you have any questions or would like additional training, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We'd be more than happy to help. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Grant from Decatur-Morgan County Chamber of Commerce

Game changer

Our experience has been nothing but top-notch. Support, response, cost, set-up, training. I would highly recommend.

Pros

The end product helps us to better tell our story to our audience with a professional and consumer-friendly platform.

Cons

Some of the updating and editing, I believe, needs to be streamlined.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied December 2019

Hello Grant, Thank you for your stellar review! We're thrilled truDigital helps you tell your story to your audience. We also appreciate your feedback, as we're continuously working to make improvements. If you have any questions or suggestions in the future, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

6 Displays over 5 Locations

It is a nice way to display dynamic content with ease of updating daily. Have one spot to manage multiple locations is a bonus too.

Pros

I like that I can manage multiple displays from one location.

Cons

Sometimes the run timer and the length of content don't adjust when adding or subtracting slides. This makes the playlist cut short or loop to an odd spot before moving to the next playlist. I've had to go back and manually adjust the playlist time on some of them and then others update automatically.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied March 2019

Hello, Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you like displaying dynamic content with truDigital. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Jonathan from (02) Hampton Farms

Industry: Food Production

Easy to Use

We are using this to communicate everything from production information to general HR information to our employee's.

Pros

We love that it is easy for the normal user to be able to manage the content it takes content management off of the the IT dept.

Cons

Cost a better discount for multiple devices.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hello Jonathan, Thank you for your amazing review! We're thrilled to know you're enjoying your experience with truDigital. If you ever have questions for us, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Marci from The PrinceCare Group, Inc

Great customer support

We love that our customers and potential customers learn more about us when the visit our office. truDigital has great looking templates and images that helped us get started.

Pros

The user-friendly website and design were very appealing.

Cons

There is no option for music to accompany the digital display. I was told this is due to licensing issues for using licensed songs. We run our own music on a separate speaker, so we have made it work for us.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied April 2019

Hi Marci, Thank you for your stellar review!! We appreciate your comments and are happy to hear you've been enjoying your truDigital experience. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Michael from Greenhills School

Needs More Flexibility

It has been helpful for us, but hasn't been able to fully achieve what we hoped it would.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the product and the integrations are very helpful.

Cons

Unfortunately, the ability to integrate our branding feels pretty limited. For the most part, we can change colors and basic fonts, but the templates don't give much flexibility for altering the content. Text windows are limited, size and location modifications are limited or nonexistent, and I've found it's easier to just modify a Google Slide document and use the integration to show that.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied November 2019

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and some feedback. We're glad you enjoy the simplicity of truDigital and the integrations available. We appreciate your insights as we're always looking to make improvements. If you have any questions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Heather from YMCA of Greater St. Petersburg

My feedback on truDigital software

Functionality 7/10 - Overall, it functions well and has lots of nice features. Docking points for freezing and errors that occur when switching folders or renaming files (this occurs about every third or fourth time that the inner frame refreshes). Also docking points for how long it takes any sort of change to save. Instead of happening instantaneously, each change takes multiple seconds to save. Add that up over multiple changes and it can nearly double the time it should take to update slides. Customizability 3/10 - Outside of creating custom templates (which I'm guessing not many customers do), the preexisting templates leave a lot to be desired. Customer Service 10/10 - Customer service has been very helpful, going above and beyond to help make this product work for our needs. User Roles 3/10 - As a multi-level organization, we need to create user hierarchy (some users having more oversight than others). This software is lacking user roles to do so. The closest thing was one user having access to SlipStream, and creating folders underneath that section to "hide" them from other users. User-Friendliness 6/10

Pros

Cons

The inability to create custom templates, or really alter any of the existing templates beyond changing the text. All of the templates would be much more useful if you could hide/show all sections, change all backgrounds, all color blocks, all text styles, etc. to fit your own organizational or personal brand. As a national brand, we have stricter standards than most, but today most people promoting anything at all have a look and feel that they've already predefined for their product or service. Allowing your customers to mimic that look and feel through more customizable templates is an addition that would greatly improve your service.

Response from truDigital Signage

Replied November 2019

Hello Heather, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and provide valuable feedback. We're glad to hear our customer service has been helpful for you. We're always looking to improve and insights like yours help us to best know where to focus our attention. If you have any additional questions or suggestions, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to work with you. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager