All truDigital Reviews

Lucho

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

TruDigital Great Digital Signage Option

We use TruDigital for Help Desk Sinage in three different locations. Its great and easy to use. Customer support has always been 100%

PROS

Customer support has always been great and very quick to reply with a solution.

CONS

When your managing your playlist theres no thumbnail image of that slide. You have to click on preview to see whats on the specific slide. I have summited a feature request (my First), lets see if they add it to the next version.

Hello Lucho, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you've had a great experience with our support team. Thank you for your feedback and for your feature request; we're always striving to improve. Feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 if you have any questions. Thanks again for your thoughts, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Todd

Gambling & Casinos, 51-200 employees

truDigital and Winners

Have the ability to message our customers digitally with various messages is great. With a core gambling business and secondary restaurant and bar businesses truDigital allows us flexibility and creativity in our messages for wagering, food & beverage, and other, must know, messages.

PROS

The software is easy to use and the dashboard is intuitive and easy to navigate

CONS

at times we have issues with the deployment of new assets. We often change slide shows weekly and monthly and have, from time to time, had issues with the update of playlists in new collateral deployment across our estate of 14 locations.

Reason for choosing truDigital

Overall cost, ease of use, and the ability to manage many campaigns remotely.

Hello Todd, We certainly appreciate your detailed review. We're also glad to hear you enjoy the ease of use and flexibility of truDigital. If you have any questions regarding deployment of new assets or anything else, feel free to reach us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to help. Thank you, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Autumn

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Did you turn it off and turn it back on again?

I recommend updating your user experience. Portions of the site are dated and could use streamlining. Also, let the user know that the device has to be reset and that THE PLAYLIST PREVIEW IS NOT AN ACTUAL REPRESENTATION OF MY SCREEN. I had a high-visibility campus down for weeks without knowing because my previewer said everything was working as it should.

PROS

I am able to use images and videos in one list which is nice. I wish you didn't have to have these in two separate modules as it makes creating diverse motion playlists very hard to curate.

CONS

My biggest complaint with the platform is actually the hardware. We have to reset the device 2-3 times a month to get it to work properly. Since we have several campuses in several different states this ends up being a time-consuming project every time. If you add up the money the company spends on employees resetting these devices I think you will find it adds a great deal of cost to the overall platform. The interface itself is very slow and hard to navigate. Since we have separate campuses I have recreate each playlist multiple times instead of being able to build a master template and deploying each playlist as needed. This also adds a great deal of time to each slide update.

Reason for choosing truDigital

I was not included in this project

Hi Autumn, we are sad to hear about your less than positive experience with truDigital. Please reach out directly to our Director of Support, James (801-852-9887 or James.potter@trudigital.com). We believe there are some changes we can make that should help the performance of your account.

Replied July 2020

Susan

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

truDigital is a true asset to our Company making my job less stressful!

Overall, the support has been exceptional, and I'm very pleased with the product, ease of use and continue to add more digital displays each year.

PROS

I love remote access, multi-screen use, scheduling features and the ability to create custom slides and videos.

CONS

I can't delete multiple slides or items at one time. They have to be done individually. If I'm chaining the name of a slide show or folder, it kicks me out to the main menu and I have to navigate back to the change I made.

Reasons for switching to truDigital

The software became obsolete. I also could not schedule slides in advance meaning I had to be present to schedule anything within half an hour of its start and the same for removing slides. I could not have different slide shows on other devices either.

Hi Susan, We're thrilled to hear how truDigital has streamlined your work and that our support team has exceeded your expectations. Exciting update – our new Enterprise interface now features bulk editing to make deleting and managing slides even easier! If you're interested, just reach out, and will get you set up with a trial!

Replied May 2024

Ed

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Bang for the Buck

Entertainment and information

PROS

Cost is very competitive and easy of use.

CONS

Menu options are not usable for bigger non changing menus

Cost and options for display and the ability to remote change all 3 locations

Reasons for switching to truDigital

There lack of change and lagged in new options

Hey Ed, Thanks for the awesome review. We are glad you are enjoying truDigital!

Replied December 2022

Bob

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Hall

PROS

Message scheduling through slipstream function

CONS

I wish we were able to transfer files large than just 100MB. I know 100MB is a lot of information, but is relatively small when you consider video.

Reasons for switching to truDigital

Our older system was not as user friendly. It was also quite outdated, and a new service contract to maintain it would have cost as much as we spent on upgrading to TruDigital.

Larry

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2019

Great Product, Great People, Hefty Price

I loved the product, loved working with the people. Great company and they go out of their way to make you a happy customer. That speaks volumes to me. The kicker for me has been the price. Other services that rival the content management features of TruDigital are in most cases less expensive. We operate 20 screen locations so the expense is a bit over the top for us.

PROS

The dashboard interface is very easy to use; intuitive. The content management is made easy and the scheduling of playlists is right on spot. From the user standpoint, I absolutely love it.

CONS

There isn't a lot of freedom in template design. Our stations are all set up in zones and we had to get a custom template made to achieve our standard design. Designers much prefer the freedom to work on an open canvass and this software painted you in a corner to easily.

Reason for choosing truDigital

No competition in the quality of delivery and dashboard options.

Reasons for switching to truDigital

Digital Signage dashboard is very VERY clunky. FREE and Efficient, but clunky.

Hello Larry, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you've enjoyed using truDigital and working with us. We also appreciate your valuable insights and feedback, as we're continuously working to make improvements. If you have any questions or suggestions in the future, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to help. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Replied November 2019

Bernadette

Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used less than 2 years

Avanos Medical

PROS

Can access the software from anywhere • Unlimited support • Easily Manage • Can create setup accounts - unlimited with specific permissions • Unlimited training • Unlimited support • Unlimited cloud storage

CONS

NONE as if right now.

Reason for choosing truDigital

• Unlimited support • Easily Manage • Can create setup accounts - unlimited with specific permissions • Unlimited training B.B. I • Unlimited support • Unlimited cloud storage

Reasons for switching to truDigital

MagicInfo Server - We switch because in order to make an update I had to physically be on site.

Hello Bernadette, Thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad you're enjoying many of our unlimited services! Feel free to let us know if you have any questions in the future. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Lars

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Easy to use, fun to set up.

Our terminals are getting up to date weather, traffic and transport news with RSS feeds.

PROS

The customizable templates such as Corkboards and HTML 5 Templates are a must have in our industry. The plug and play device is easy to set up and building playlists is fun and easy to learn.

CONS

Need more apps/options for News and Maps.

Reason for choosing truDigital

Free digital players after certain number bought, better overall pricing and service once we added everything up and compared.

Hello Lars, Thanks for your glowing review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying truDigital. We certainly appreciate your feedback since we're always looking to make improvements. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions in the future! Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Replied November 2019

Rinda

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Satisfied

Overall I've really enjoyed the experience with TruDigital Signage. Their customer service is quick and efficient for most things I've had to bring to them, and they are always friendly! The product provides our company with exactly what we need it to and we are very grateful for our service.

PROS

The ability to share content across location utilizing one program.

CONS

It has a lot of glitches, and will randomly slow down/stop working properly at times.

Hi Rinda! Thank you so much for your review! It's great to hear you've enjoyed your experience with truDigital. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898. We want to make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible for you. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Aaron

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Our experience with TruDigital has been enjoyable, professional, and seamless.

The benefits we received from this software were broad. We placed our system in a historical museum on our campus. This allowed us to showcase relevant content throughout the school year. When we knew certain groups would be on campus, we could feature content that would be relevant to them. Aside from sharing content we also used our system to spread awareness of events that were going on at the University. Lastly, our system provided us another medium to showcase the video productions that we created throughout the year. We showcase these videos at events and on social media, and our signage system provided us another unique way to showcase these projects that we are proud of. Overall the system has allowed us to produce and display timely and relevant content to a variety of audiences on our campus.

PROS

TruDigital provides a great total package. We love the cloud-based management that allows users to update content from any computer either on site or virtually. Also, the personable nature of TruDigital stands out. Our sales rep has remained in contact with us well over a year after we purchased our system. She has been a great resource for questions and ideas throughout our process. Aside from our sales rep, the support staff is excellent. Whenever we email over an issue we receive a personalized detailed response with screenshots and instructions within the hour. Overall both quality of the system and the personal nature of TruDigital stand out as what we like best about the software.

CONS

At times it feels like the templates are somewhat limited. Having our system for over a year I would have liked to see more change and innovation in relation to the themes. They have changed some but I still believe there is room for improvement and creativity around developing new theme designs and features for consumers. Sometimes users do not know what they want, so you have to develop it for them. I would encourage TruDigital to consider innovative signage theme ideas that could improve the user experience even more.

Hey Aaron! First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide a review and feedback for us. We greatly appreciate it. We're also thrilled to hear you've been enjoying your experience with truDigital. We really try to do all we can to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for you. And thank you for bringing up room for improvement, we appreciate the feedback. We agree, new themes certainly add to the mix. Our development and design teams have been improving the rate at which new templates are created. So it's safe to say you'll be seeing more and more unique templates from here on out. We hope you enjoy them. Again, thank you for the review. Please let us know if you have any questions. Best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Replied October 2018

Michelle

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Great Software

Our display is clean and simple, which is how our brand likes us to display our advertising. truDigital is easy to use.

PROS

I like the clean look, ease of use and features provided by truDigital.

CONS

It was interesting that I needed to go outside of the software to create slides in Google Slides. At first I thought this was a hassle, however, since then I've mastered the process. It's not bad. One thing I'm disappointed in is that the YMCA font is Cachet and Cachet is not available in Google Slides. We lose our look a bit by not using it.

Mostly because of price.

Reasons for switching to truDigital

Price and clean look of the display.

Hello Michelle, Thank you for your stellar review! We're thrilled to hear you like the clean look and ease of use of truDigital. We're sorry to hear the Cachet font isn't available in Google Slides. I did notice that the fonts "Jaldi" and "Asap", which resemble Cachet, are available on Google Slides and might be worth trying out (if you haven't already). Feel free to contact us at support@trudigital.com or call 801-852-9898 if you have any questions. Thanks again for your review! All the best, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Jaron

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Overall Positive

Overall, I have experienced truDigital to be highly responsive and good problem solvers. I appreciate the product and its value and would recommend it to other institutions.

PROS

To its credit, truDigital allows multiple users to upload content to players/screens across the users' campus. The interface is clear and reasonably intuitive and allows our administrator to oversee content without having to personally post each item. It allows for a variety of different media, ranging from templates that will populate the players with breaking news stories and images, to templates that allow users to upload still images and videos. On the whole, I've been pleased with the product.

CONS

A three things that drive me nuts: (1) I have not found a way to copy a template and its content from one player in our system to another, forcing me to rebuild each template for each player, (2) the player playlists allow you to automate when an item will start/stop playing, but does not automatically remove it from playlist itself, and (3) I wish there was a built in "monitor" where you could view what is playing on a player in realtime. Since I am in a different building from all of our players, the only way I can confirm that things posted correctly is to walk across campus and wait for my content to pop up.

Hello Jaron, Thank you for your detailed review, we appreciate it! We're glad to hear you've been pleased with truDigital. We'd love to jump on a call and go over some of your feedback. For example, there is a way to copy templates from one player to another. There's also a way to preview the content being displayed on your screens. Contact support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to go over details. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Dan

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Not worth the time or effort

TruDigital is frustrating and a complete waste of time and money.

PROS

I like the fact that I can schedule updates and use different messages on different screens.

CONS

The software is incredibly slow, clunky and outdated. I can't easily make updates from my mobile phone, and simply publishing an update takes way too long. To update birthdays and anniversaries monthly takes me about 45 minutes. To publish one simple slide takes me about 15 minutes, and that doesn't count the time it takes to make the slide. The system is in need of a MAJOR overhaul.

Reason for choosing truDigital

The group making the purchase decision was mislead about the system's capabilities, namely, it's capabilities to natively run 4K video, PowerPoint animations, and Keynote presentations. All of these features require a workaround.

Hello Dan, Thank you for the feedback. We are so sorry to hear you are having such a negative experience and we'd like the opportunity to make it right. We don't typically get feedback that it takes so long to update your playlist or templates. Please reach out directly to our Director of Support, James (801-852-9887 or James.potter@trudigital.com), to help get these issues resolved. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2022

truDigital Review

Overall, very satisfied with the product and service for the price. Would recommend this software to my peers.

PROS

Scheduling capabilities is our number one priority. We like the weather app too. Customer service has always been very helpful when we've found ourselves offline or not updated.

CONS

I don't believe we've been successful syncing with Google Slides. I think we need to upload jpegs into the media library. I would like to be able to sync to Google Slides without any hiccups.

Reasons for switching to truDigital

TruDigital was easier to use and their sales reps were persistent. Had the features we needed.

Jennifer, thank you for the 10/10, 5-star review!!! We really appreciate BiRite Foodservice as a customer over the last several years and are happy you've enjoyed the scheduling features that truDigital offers. There is an issue with your sign player that is likely preventing Google Slides to work properly. We will reach out soon for additional assistance!

Replied December 2022

Alan

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great digital signage tool to integrate with third party tools

It is difficult to understand how it works and configure the screens at first. Once the learning curve is over, and you are able to setup some nice templates, then TVs always display as expected. Very easy to update templates, although changes do not get pushed instantly unless you physically push it from each display.

PROS

Once the dashboards / signs are up and running it is really easy to maintain. It allows you to integrate with third party applications like Instagram, Facebook, Slack, YouTube Videos, Power Point Templates, Power Bi, among others.

CONS

Their templates are very basic, almost not valuable. Some of the out of the box integrations do not work as expected. The user interface to configure things in the back-end has a learning curve and is not the nicest user interface. However, if you use your own templates, what is displayed on the TVs look great.

Hello Alan, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear you enjoy using many of the integrations. We also appreciate your valuable feedback, as we're continuously working to make improvements. If you have any questions or suggestions in the future, feel free to message us at support@trudigital.com or give us a call at 801-852-9898 and we'd be happy to help. Thanks again, Michael Peine - Marketing Manager

Replied December 2019