All Mvix Digital Signage Reviews

Jorge

Easy To Use and Integrate

This is an incredible software solution. It's easy to utilize, simple to integrate, and work through. The feature list is absolutely grand. It has everything you could possibly need to control signage, display, and more. You can even tie together RSS, Social Media, and other API solutions. Whether you want a simple display, or you want to have something scrolling with automated updates throughout a given time, you will find that this can assist with ease. I like the compatibility over the web, using a desktop worked great, laptop functions worked well too, and of course using a smartphone was interesting. Overall, this is a solid app, easy to use, and comprehensive in terms of compatibility and features.

Pros

Easy to use, integrate, and push forward. The automated updates, API functions, and audio compatibles were great too. Simple, no need to be a tech guru to figure this out.

Cons

None that I could find, honestly.

Ignazio

A one stop shop platform!!

Easily promote your company's message while utilizing up to date features and technology!

Pros

This platform has worked its magic to promote our company message across the US within 8 facilities. The ability to add features such as RSS feed, animations and sending messages that really pop has increased employee morale while utilizing technology. We plan on using this platform for many years to come !!

Cons

If you have weak internet connection,there is a potential that the system can go down and will need a reboot of the software.

Great Promise, exceedingly poor delivery

My overall experience with Mvix is supremely disappointing, because I had high hopes. The software, as I noted, boasts excellent potential - the problem is, it simply does not work as it should. The support process was maddening as well - I deployed 5 screens for my biggest and longest held client, and the end result is cost overrun due to never ending issues. I would not recommend this software to anyone - in fact, I would venture to say don't even waste your time with a trial presentation. The presentation will make you feel the platform is outstanding - it is anything but. Very disappointed in this software.

Pros

The platform has an excellent array of features - many types of media can be used, as well as the many built in widgets. Getting to know your way around the platform is easy, especially if you work in the tech world, were software can be a jungle. This platform has a very clean look and straightforward but very flexible methods of using it.

Cons

The software is horribly unreliable. The WYSIWIG for building templates is terrible, requiring unwieldy placement of zones in order to get the actual full screen to look clean and professional. Clocks randomly changing to incorrect times. Widgets simply stop working for no apparent reason - just an empty zone where your content should be. Entire screens just go black for any number of reasons - one of which is no discernible reason at all. Push out a content update? Boom, black screens. Customer support is terrible as well. Initial responses for issues is actually swift; however, the responses are inept and useless. Different techs contradicting others, and techs sending condescending and trite emails to simple questions - all the while never having found a solution to the 2 weeks of non-stop issues. Our initial point of contact with MVics simply stopped answering calls and replying to emails. I paid for 2 1 hour training sessions, and the trainer was well trained - but only when exactly on script. Questions about using various features were poorly demonstrated with no actual test data to show during the training. Save yourself a LOT of headache, and search for a better solution.

Timothy

Quality product. Great Value. Easy to Use

Our hotel has used the signage for about 6 years. Quality product. Good value for the price. Easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use. Like internet-based access so i can even update from home.

Cons

Since we run the signage 24/7, we occasionally run into problems with software updates. However, if needed to be repaired, MVIX help desk is usually quick to fix.

Ryan

Information beamed from screen to your pupils.

Pros

Remote access without having to update, it's an all-inclusive package that makes it easy to create a looping presentation without having to have a separate computer set-up. Giving you access no matter where you are at.

Cons

Most of the better features are locked behind a paywall of sorts unless you buy a bigger package. This is fine, but there are a few things that'd be nice if they'd unlock by microtransaction so that you could access them, minor things. Otherwise, if you have a good graphic designer with a little bit of creativity this software is perfect even at the base.

Kimberly

September 2016

Mvix is the best!

I spent time searching for the absolute best solution for our company and I found it in Mvix. We currently have one installed on our lobby TV and plan to buy more in the future for other locations. It's so easy to centrally manage them from anywhere!

Pros

There is no better value than a Mvix media player. They perform every bit as good, if not better than top dollar media players. This is the ONLY company I have found that offers their software for free after purchasing the device, everyone else charges high monthly fees to use their software in addition to having to purchase their much more expensive device. Mvix XhibitSignage is robust and has everything I wanted and more! It is extremely easy to use. I really enjoy working with it. Most importantly, their Customer Service is excellent. It's very hard these days to find companies that truly pride themselves on customer happiness after they've spent the money. Mvix is there for you when you have questions they are knowledgeable and friendly and have followed up with me multiple times to see how things were going and if we need some help.

Cons

My only regret is that I don't have more TVs to put more media players on! ;)

Bill

Industry: Broadcast Media

Satisfied Customer for BB PEG channel use

Pros

It's easy to navigate through software. User friendly.

Cons

I would like better control of all media. ie: programming a video time slot would benefit me...I need programming capability play a Video at 7pm then stop and resume Bulletins at 8pm for example.

Reasons for switching to Mvix Digital Signage

needed a upgrade

Sophie Rose

Industry: Writing and Editing

October 2015

The best web-based digital signage software

Mvix XhibitSignage has been one of the best pieces of software I've chosen for my business in recent memory. The features are incredibly comprehensive. I really appreciate the fact that I can manage a variety of screens over the internet using a standard browser; it makes it much easier to get things done from any location. Best of all, I feel safe knowing that 256-bit encryption is used and that everything is backed up on a daily basis. I never have to worry about security or losing any data for any reason. The overall ease of use is great; the tools are responsive and all of the function is intuitive. The overall design is fantastic and makes it simple to operate. I really appreciate the dynamic content widgets.

Pros

Ease of use Encryption and security Lots of features Reliable backup Well designed Dynamic content widgets and other visually appealing options Can be used from any browser Great support Great content scheduling options

Cons

No cons or issues to speak of. Any confusion I've had has been easily resolved

October 2015

Great app once you learn all of the tricks

I have been using the app for close to a year. When I first started using I had a few problems and glitches. but now being seasoned with this app I find it very easy to use and easy to set up. My customers love the display and the ease of access I have to all of their menus and the ability to change information quickly.

Pros

easy to upload media, create templates and playlists, and publish information

Cons

the set up isn't always seamless and some of my customers originally feel discouraged about using the product.

Randy

Time used: Free Trial

February 2015

Thrilled with our Mvix purchase

After evaluating 7 or 8 digital signage vendors, we chose Mvix for a number of reasons. Installing and setting up the computers was a breeze. Their Content Management System is very easy to use and we were up and running in a matter of hours with professional looking content. We were also swayed by the fact that there is no annual fee for the use of their software and their computer came with SSD drives (no moving parts) which we considered a huge advantage over others who still use traditional (slow) hard drives. Lastly, their support team is very responsive and while we've only had to call twice, we received immediate answers to our questions. I tell all the retailers I frequent that they need to install Digital Signage in their stores.

Jacob

Units are unreliable

Pros

User is able to change menus remotely. Software has a good deal of flexibility. When it works it works well.

Cons

The software is ok. The hardware (device players) are unreliable. Stop working after power outages. I have surge suppresor powering these units but they still cant handle power outages, electrical storms. They do not last more than a year or so. Replacing them is expensive. For a smaller business, you would be better off running a simple powerpoint through a USB stick.

Response from Mvix

Hi Jacob, we apologize for the trouble you're having. Our systems currently power over 50,000 active screens and we work hard every day to make our product usage easy and reliable. We're so sorry that this is not the experience you've had. I was able to review your account and check in with the support team, we're sending you a direct email to address some of the issues you're having. Our devices are protected under warranty for one year after purchase, so any devices that had been affected by a power surge could be replaced for no additional cost. If you are having any further difficulties with your solution, please open a ticket with our Support Team: www.mvixusa.com/support so we can assist you as soon as an issue arises. Please be assured that you have our attention and we will do everything in our power to resolve the player issues.

Replied June 2018

Lionel

February 2016

Good device - Horrific product support.

MVIX behavior is interesting but I guess the overall numbers work for them or they would behave differently.. When the equipment is working everything is fine and customers like me are happy. But the pattern I have come to realize, and unfortunately be subject to, is that each and every time there I have a problem it is an ordeal getting support to actually fix the issue. In all fairness, eventually it does get resolved, but only after numerous calls or a ridiculous amount of unnecessary emails to get someone to actually address the issue. We've had only 3-4 issue over the last 1+ years, and each incident has taken excessive time and effort to engage customer support. Not referring to the rapid enthusiastic email reply...actual hands on support. Great when it works but if anything goes astray…your in for a bumpy ride, and it doesn’t matter how easy it is to fix…it simply will not happen without exhaustive effort on the customers part to get help in my experience.

Pros

Devices work well the majority of the time.

Cons

Customer support is laughable. Requires a ridiculous amount of effort and followup to have them actually place hands on to resolve an issue in our experience.

Response from Mvix

Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate you taking time to provide us this feedback. Beyond our much-liked products, we do provide 24/7 (phone + web) support services to all our customers. Our standard support services are provided free of charge to all our clients in accordance with industry leading SLAs. We take customer service and support very seriously and feedback such as this is very helpful in improving. Our intentions are genuine, but to err is human. In your case, we messed up and we apologize. You were accidentally provided an incorrect timeline and hence our failure to deliver. Please rest assured that you have our utmost attention as you continue to use and enjoy your digital signage system. We will continue to improve our support operations and provide the best value product possible. Along with that we will continue to improve our state-of-the-art solutions and the free software.

Replied February 2016

Brittany

Industry: Restaurants

Don't waste your money. Not a reliable way to run your business.

Pros

I like that you can set screens to change at a certain time and certain date. However, you can't select a screen to display on more than one date even thought it says you can. It will just say another screen is displaying.

Cons

The product is not reliable. Have owned for a year and the service is constantly out. I can't even count any more how many times my restaurant has opened and one of their exhibit boxes that feeds my menu screen is out thus resulting in my customers not being able to view my menu. This is just unacceptable. Reach customer service is a nightmare. You will wait on hold for 20+ minutes via the phone (if you can even find their phone number they hide it) and you will wait 24hrs+ to resolve an issue via email. It's just flat out a waste of money and doesn't work.

Response from Mvix

Hi Brittany, we apologize for the trouble you¿re having. Our systems currently power over 50,000 active screens and we work hard every day to make our product usage easy and reliable ¿ we're so sorry that this is not the experience you¿re having. Our tech manager has called and emailed you to address your menu board issue. We want to work with you to fix any problems you may be having immediately. If you are having any further difficulties with your solution, please open a ticket with our Support Team: www.mvixusa.com/support.

Replied September 2017

Vincencia

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Affordable digital marketing solution

MVIX digital signage builders are who they are in the digital platform. It is our first time using this software and its marketing enterprise package is offers all marketing and advertisement solutions we can think about. Above all, at no cost, creators of this solution put everything that marketers would want together and decided to create an affordable platform that offer online businesses a solution they have long awaited. The customer service is also fantastic and assisted us get to implement this software.

Pros

Customer service is fantastic, affordability and is a solution for digital advertisement.

Cons

None for now

December 2021

MVix Digital Signage review

When things are working they seem to work fairly well, but we've had occasional hardware issues that have been frustrating for us.

Pros

I enjoy that it's web-based, which allows me access from pretty much any location. I also like the Internet-based modules that allow me to pull information for display. Our system is used to display youtube videos relating to our county government departments and functions.

Cons

Some of the modules are a bit basic and could use some "beefing up". For example, the text scroller offers limited control. Ideally I would like to be able to set a delay time between each scroll; for example, I'd like to have the scroll occur once every 5 minutes over top of a video that is playing. As is, I can't do this.

Reasons for choosing Mvix Digital Signage

Price was a big factor, plus MVix offered the features we needed. The more expensive products offered features that were "overkill" and not really needed for our purposes.

Todd

August 2016

Free Software, Multi-user - tons of features

Before we purchased, we reviewed over a dozen companies and this company stood out. Free software, reliable service and a very long list of feature - all free. Live traffic, weather, QR code, charts, countdown timer, drag and drop playlist. Very easy to post content on screens. We manage 5 screens at our location. Love the interface. Their training helped a lot... found some cool time saver techniques.

Pros

Its free and very user friendly

Cons

Cant think of any at the moment

Jason