• Pros

• "The software is extremely easy to get your head around. The simplicity and the speed of getting new playlists and imagery up is amazing and instantaneous"

• "Cheap and easy to set up. It is great that the players were included for free."

• "Easy integration, easy to update or changes layouts or play around...very much set it and forget it. "

• Cons

• "RSS feed need more of them the widgets are great just could do with more "

• "It's not a con but the interface could be little bit better,"

• "The content design could be user-friendlier. It is good but could be great."

Browse Yodeck Reviews

Lawrence (Lawrie) from Active Video Marketing

Industry: Facilities Services

Product platform

I am extremely satisfied with Yodeck as both a digital signage and management platform.

Pros

I was looking for a digital marketing platform that I could promote to a particular niche market and Yodeck provided most of the features I was looking for. Ease of management, workspaces and user privileges all make this ideal.

Cons

The only problem I experienced was with the scheduling module. Not being able to set a schedule to occur on a particular day for a period means a lot of additional manual scheduling.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

The backend management had more features and was easier to understand. Also the user management aspect, combined with work spaces will allow me to give some control to my users while not allowing them to completely mess up the system.

Graeme from Manna

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great product does everything I want.

Before I found Yodeck I would have to travel to the coffee shop to update a PowerPoint presentation which ran on a tower PC under one of the customer tables. If I was on holiday it would not get updated until I returned. Now I can update the display from my home or anywhere on the planet. Another advantage is the time out feature. Before I would have to put in an expiry date in the notes so I knew when to delete them then go through them all looking at the expiry date and delete them.

Pros

This is a fantastic product it is so easy to use and set up. I administrator the display in a charity coffee shop in Scotland and have updated this screen from South Africa, Vietnam, Germany and many other places while on holiday. The timeout feature is a fantastic feature which I use all the time. The Free option is perfect for us and is very much appreciated. I have also installed it in a small Solar company next to our coffee shop which they administer themselves. Great product 10/10.

Cons

The only thing that I would say is the SAVE button position be more consistent in its location. Some screens it's at the top others at the bottom. A very trivial thing but it's all I can think of at the moment. The ability to have a slide automatically deleted ounce its expiry date has passed would be good would just date that bit extra time. Just a tick box so that you would still have the option to keep it.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Ease of use and no limitations on the free version.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

I was ok but very limited in the Free version and was certainly not as easy to use. Stopped using after a week.

Jimmy from Ocean Reef Club

Best digital signage solution we implemented at the ocean reef club

Overall it has been a positive experience, we previously had an unreliable digital signage platform that frequently failed and in turn created many work order on our end (I.T) YoDeck solved all of our issues.

Pros

How easy it was to learn and teach other users/ departments to self manage their own signage.

Cons

I did have a few users express how they would like to have their power point animations play in yo deck. When uploading power point files that have animations on certain slides, those animations show up as still images.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Price and being able to upload power point files which is what we mainly use for signage's. using the free trail helped a lot as well.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

used automate for years, newer version was expensive, we wanted something cost effective, easy to use and reliable.

Ken from Transformations counseling

Not worth it

Poor

Pros

Product relativity Easy to use but due to lack of features

Cons

Little options for widget. Customer support lousy. No good direction.

Response from Flipnode

Replied April 2020

Hi Ken, we would like to apologize for the delay in shipping out your Players. Due to the COVID-19 situation, there was a delay in our suppliers shipping out orders. Now, our suppliers have caught up with all pending orders. Our customer support did the best they could to speed things up, I am sorry that we could not serve you as best as possible but it was out of our control. Concerning features, Yodeck is constantly being developed, so a feature that you might be missing might be released soon. Send over a ticket with your requirements and we can get back to you with estimations on when your required features will be released. If you feel that Yodeck cannot serve your requirements now or in the near future, please reach out and request a refund. Thank you, The Yodeck Team

Dustin from C3 Church Naples

Overall a great piece of software!

Pros

It's powerful and has a ton of features that other software like this designed to run on the Raspberry Pi does not have.

Cons

I really have no complaints. If someone who wasn't tech-savvy was trying to navigate the software, it may be a bit difficult for them.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

I was on the free version (Screenly OSE) and had a black screen displaying for 3 seconds between a video and an image. This is a probloem they apparently fixed in the paid version of the software, but I didn't want to risk paying for it without trying it first.

Rich from Ornua Ingredients

Industry: Food Production

Perfect for our needs!

The best part about Yodeck is that I can get a message out to our employees in under five minutes. I can't imagine a better system for our needs.

Pros

We are a small manufacturing plant that needed a convenient way of passing messages along to all of our staff that work at all times of the day. I simply create slides in PowerPoint and quickly upload them to Yodeck. The software is extremely easy to use and fits our needs perfectly.

Cons

I have tried implementing some of the widgets and they don't always fit the screen, and sometimes don't work so it is hard to depend on them enough to use them.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Free monthly option for using only one screen. Hardware is a Raspberry Pi, which I have prior experience with.

Ben from Simple Tech, LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Solid product at a great price point

This has allowed us to display content for both employees and customers to learn more about a product or event. It is a huge benefit to be able to schedule in advanced to start a slide and then have it automatically disabled.

Pros

They made it extremely easy to setup and get access to templates or create your own content. Their support documentation is well written and easy to follow. I had issues when we had a power outage and the software crashed. They give you a few steps on putting the image on a usb and within 10 minutes we were up and running since the settings don't change.

Cons

The only con I feel is creating custom content can be difficult. I am biased since I use Adobe products, but I do wish there was a way to create tables easier and be able to use a template for every area. It seems to limit to where you can schedule the custom template slide but now add it right into the playlist.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

The sales team did a great job of explaining the software and being able to test it out on one device made it an easy choice.

Peter from Bredband i Kristianstad

Impressed

Never thougt a raspberry pi could do this kind of work. But it can yodeck sure made it possible. We are right now streaming our live cam from youtube to our office reception with our logo, a clock and a rss feed with the latest news from the newspaper. Looks increadible good!

Pros

Its easyness with setup and also with design of the screens. I was up and running with a small but working design in about 10 min from the first plugin of the power.

Cons

Could be that there needs some more help popups on the webpage. But when i got stuck becuase of selfmade fault the support got back to me really quick and it was sorted out in a couple of hours.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Started looking for other solutions after a sd-card crash.

Dimitri from Dualite Sales & Service, Inc.

Executives were thrilled!

The ability for the players to handle content heavy displays is excellent so far. I've had multiple widgets, videos, and slideshows happening at once on one screen through one players to test how much I can do and there was no lag. I now use multiple screens and players. The software is very easy to learn and is easy to organize all my demo content I use for clients coming to the HQ's.

Pros

The most impactful feature is the security. This is an important factor that stood out most to me compared to other alternative products.

Cons

The wifi setup was a bit challenging at first. Getting the wifi to work took some extra steps. Although the wifi wizard helped and I've gotten used to the process it can still be a bit of a chore if I'm setting up multiple players.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

I am still experimenting with different products. YoDeck has been a favorite in the office so far.

Leo from Nova Comunicacao

Great experience and video playback

Pros

Overall quality of videos, ease of use, intuitive interface.

Cons

I cannot download the video source, just the reduced file. but ok. And it could be easier to edit and optimize widgets, like forecast (mainly could have a more developed visual art)

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Price and ease of use. I cannot change old players with Scala when I use message insertions straight from Scala, without any development knowledge.

Christian from Kannegiesser Gruppe / BK-Service

Digital signeage made easy

With Yodeck we can not only entertain and inform our customers in the waiting areas, but also have the opportunity to provide this service for our customers. Thanks to the highly scalable structure of the system, not only can small individual solutions be created, but customers with multiple locations and company departments can also be wonderfully supplied. We are currently working on connecting the shops of several petrol stations to our system built with Yodeck. The test operations for this are already running extremely promisingly.

Pros

The fact that each individual display can be provided with individual content or combined into groups and locations ensures that a wide range of solutions can be implemented. The schedules and playlists are a particularly powerful tool for delivering the right content to the right place at the right time. With yodeck this is solved much more efficiently than we know from other systems. User roles and work areas make it possible for technically less experienced people to provide content for the displays without jeopardizing the security and functionality of the entire system. Anyone who knows other solutions knows that this cannot be taken for granted. We are happy to now not only be able to use the various possibilities ourselves, but also to have found an extremely interesting new product for our customers.

Cons

In the beginning, some processes were much more complex, not clearly explained, poorly labeled or misleadingly translated. In addition, some functions that were important to us were missing. However, since the software is continuously being improved, these problems could gradually be resolved, so that Yodeck has now become a powerful tool at a fair price that flexibly adapts to the needs of the users. For digital menu boards, we would like to be able to show and hide content in an animated manner and to move it across the screen with keyframes, a timeline or such.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

With Yodeck we can not only manage all the settings in the software much more flexibly, but also use our own hardware adapted to the respective situation. This enabled us to significantly reduce the costs per digital signage display used.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

The other systems were much more difficult to maintain. The costs and maintenance effort, especially for the hardware required, were also significantly higher.

Andries from Nordwin College

The ultimate digital signage tool!

We are Yodeck for roster and student/staff information displays flawlessly for almost 4 years now.

Pros

- Value for money: tried different, much more expensive solutions, Yodeck beats 'em all! - Use any Raspberry Pi as a player, even 4K display resolutions (using Pi 4), free players for all screens when using annual subscription. - Very intuitive to set up and use. When ordering with player you can setup in advance, just connect the player to your screen and you are all set! Plug & Play! - Cloud based and central management from any device with internet connection.

Cons

No support for dutch language. No problem for me personally but some users would like this.

Christopher from 911 Vapor Inc

Super Easy To use and Setup !!!

We upload the latest news videos from youtube for our industry. we also use it to play product videos as well as sales videos to help promote our products and sales. We have even made some animated logos to go between each video for our company.

Pros

Its so easy to setup and use, simply drag and drop any videos you need and upload them to the Yodeck server, their server then verifies that it is a usable format if not then it will automatically convert it to a usable format that Yodeck recognizes. you can even customize schedules by location. we have 2 stores and both stores have different hours. We have the Sorry we are closed sign pop up when we close by time wise and it helps to get those last minute customers finished up, we have even loaded up some music to help our staff close and clean the store each night. Easily add Banners and even custom tikcer tapes to any of your screens. play videos and slides with ease. you can even set when a video or sale should expire and when new sales start if you are ahead of the game and have them made up already.

Cons

I only wish there were more widgets and not just graphical widgets. I wish that there was a ability to have closed captioning with uploaded videos as well so people across the room can see and read what is being said on the videos that we upload. not even sure if this is possible but it would be a nice addition.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Yodeck had the most features for the money

Response from Flipnode

Replied November 2019

Hello Christopher, Thank you very much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. With respect to you widget suggestion, I wanted to inform you that you can visit the "I suggest you.." section in our support center, where you can post suggestions for new features or upvote exiting ones. http://support.yodeck.com/forums/301815-general The most popular suggestions are highly probable to be entered in our development cycle and be available in upcoming releases.

Austin from Blair House blog

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Blair House Community Bulletin Board

At the age of 70 my age and IQ I was able to create a system that improves so many people's lives with a easy learning curve for free and still have the energy engagement page displayed.

Pros

I have a blog for the Blair House a seniors residence in Ottawa Ontario Canada and this Yodeck software has given me the ability to display in real time The bus schedule for our bus stops ( 4 in total ), plus the weather, Emergency warnings system, Our Community Events Calendar, Covid 19 status all edited from my home pc or cell phone. In Canada we are a bilingual country English and French so all the webpages have to be repeated in both languages. easy as can be. The building is an Ottawa Community Housing building with an energy engagement program that consists of a monitor in the lobby that informs tenants of how much energy is being used ( electricity and gas) and compares it with other similar buildings . Now the information is of some value to the tenants as they do not have to wait outside in the rain or cold to catch a bus. I was somewhat concerned about the new Raspberry Pi 4 that replaced the Pi 3 as to how much work it would be to upgrade it involved 8 letters and a hyphen WOW works fine! This is by far one of the best Raspberry projects that I have come across thumbs up.

Cons

In the Ottawa Community Housing building we have a large percentage of people that do not speak either of Our official languages and it would be nice to incorporate Google Translate into this platform. I would like to see a camera on the raspberry Pi that could scan a QR code that when displayed would translate to the appropriate language. It is very important to try to create a hands free environment in this time of Covid.

Richard from The Chalfonts Community College

Digital signage for large secondary school

Support is excellent, always prompt and friendly.

Pros

All cloud based to simple to update and sync to players. We've replaced our entire digital signage screens with TVs running Yodecks behind them. We've also managed to create one incorporated with a free to air setup TV box so staff can enjoy TV whilst we overlay important messages. Around the school site we use them to display messages for students, live feeds from Twitter, the weather, time and news. Very powerful and very easy to use and manage.

Cons

Nothing. Every works well for us. Plenty of guides online helping if you get stuck too.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Trialed YoDeck and worked brilliantly for us.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Wanted the ability to use normal TV screens and update remotely.

Perfect Balance of Features/Reliability/Price for Digital Signage

Using it for a nationwide digital signage network. Content is web based. Very Happy with performance and pricing.

Pros

Best digital signage platform for displaying websites and HTML5 content. Raspberry Pi 4 expanded RAM options make a huge difference for complex visualizations!

Cons

A little technical to set up for the average user. Its worth the tradeoff for power in my opinion though.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Pricing, and support for web content.

John from Kings of Vapor

A+ Cloud Based Signage !

I use Yodeck to control advertising on 70+ tvs aligned horizontally and vertically in several states and a multitude of cities. I have tried several other providers for cloud based signage and Yodeck is lightyears ahead of the competition in terms of ease of use, responsiveness, price and customer service. Switching from the competition was one of the best business decisions I've ever made and it has benefitted our team and company greatly.

Pros

Yodeck is amazingly powerful and surprisingly affordable. The web-based interface is very easy to learn, and very responsive. I love the ability to see which devices are located in different regions of the United States and the depth of the preferences/settings is, honestly, amazing.

Cons

I have not had one issue that wasn't resolved by customer service within 20 minutes, and I wish every establishment had half of the customer service as Yodeck does! It would be nice to have a standalone app in addition to a web-based option, but that is a personal preference and doesn't negatively impact what Yodeck does.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Price, Expandability, Customer Care, Interface.

Christopher from Southern Columbia Area School District

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Easy to use digital signage solution for Raspberry PI

We use Yodeck as an information system in a public high school cafeteria. Students are presented with PSA images, lunch menus, sports schedules, weather reports and a synchronized clock. The system runs 24 hours a day has has done so without error for more than a year now.

Pros

Coming from Samsung Magicinfo, Yodeck was far superior in almost every aspect. Wide varieties of media are playable as part of the slide deck, including PDF, images, videos and remote HTML. Our screen sat dead waiting for a solution before we found Yodeck.

Cons

The software does require a connection to the home server to operate, would be nice to have a fully offline mode. I haven't had a chance to test how the system would work in a fully offline environment.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Compatibility with our PI boxes, outstanding user interface, great customer support.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Poor support from Samsung forced a change to new software.

Michael from Holder Construction Company

There is no better value

Our digital signage used to be limited to a few screens in each office. Because of the east of use and value of Yodeck, we have distributed among many projects for multiple uses.

Pros

Ease of use (for admins and users), ease of deployment, feature set, and support. There really isn't any other category that Yodeck doesn't smash the competition on.

Cons

Player hardware options. The software is built around Debian/Raspbian, but it would be great to have a Windows option for flexibility or signage requiring more hardware horsepower.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Updating our old digital signage was a chore and required someone with decent technical knowledge. Cost restricted deployment.

Frank from Quality Dairy Company

Fantastic Solution for Video Displays at our C-Store Chain

We have been quite happy with YoDeck. They have been quite responsive when we had questions, and were a huge help as we worked to set up our first store with 15 monitors and 15 Raspberry Pi units. We are overall very pleased and would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The ease and speed of updating our content at will is the best part about YoDeck and our Raspberry Pi video units. I can update from almost anywhere...can even do most content updates from my phone.

Cons

We had sought a solution that would allow us to sync 10 - 15 monitors in our stores. Unfortunately the only way to get that right now is a system that is way out of our budget for the size stores that we have. YoDeck and Raspberry Pi video units were as close as we could get - though they don't sync up as of yet - they were well within our budget.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Quality of the product and price of the service & video units.

Tom-Erik from Ringerike kommune

Industry: Government Relations

Great!

Yodeck solved our need to keep the team updated in a easy way. The municipality in which I work, has a hich cost, heavy and extremely low intuitive system for handling information onscreen. So when I discovered Yodeck, I was thrilled. It solved all of our needs, and the one lisence I needed, was free. I installed it on an old Raspberry PI, and it works like a charm. Now it work as a center for information in our office of about 30 employees. Except that I have to take a clean install of the system every 2-3 month, it works as a charm. So we are excited.

Pros

It's just GREAT! It solved all of our problems, for free.

Cons

I have yet to discover any cons... The only problem is that I have to take a clean install of my OLD Raspberry PI every 2-3 month. But I reccon this is the PIs fault, not the system.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

My job already has a lisence of this product, but it is really crap!!

Chris from North Merrick Public Library

Industry: Libraries

Yodeck - A Gold Standard for Digital Signage Solutions

For us here in public library land cost and reliability matter, and Yodeck makes it easy to remotely update my signage from home in minutes. I'm able to get my library director the results needed in real time.

Pros

The feature set is rich, reliability is amazing, and price point is incredible. As an IT professional I crave solutions that never let me down and that I never have to worry about. Yodeck delivers big time on these key needs!

Cons

At first it took a little getting used to that the "Playlist" is really what you are showing as opposed to a "slide show" as in other solutions but then you realize its actually better and more customizable so its really just a terminology difference.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Ease of use and price point. The one free instance of a monitor makes it easy to get started and then fully adopt.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Yodeck is purpose built for what I needed to achieve and did everything I wanted and then some.

Tom from Self-employed

Yodeck - Total digital media and content management solution

I needed a full featured cloud based digital media management solution which supported the ability to frequently and easily update my content. I also required a distribution system which employed the use of an affordable player device. After trying a number of competing vendor offerings, I found the Yodeck solution to be the best.

Pros

This "cloud based" application does "everything". From formatting and organizing your content to establishing the best layout for your messaging as well as providing an uncomplicated scheduling module for time sensitive content distribution. This "easy to use" yet feature rich application is the most comprehensive digital media solution on the market. In addition, it is absolutely "bullet proof". I have been using Yodeck 24/7 for the past 18 months and there has not been a single outage. The email support has been very responsive and the documentation easy to follow yet very comprehensive.

Cons

Although the email support is great, a "real time" support chat would be a plus.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Products lacked features that were part of Yodeck

Francois from College Merici

We love it

In our tight and secure network environment, I have experienced quick, effective technical support by the Yodeck team to set up the players. I often get new features, the community is definitely working hard to improve the product. They are really popular at our school and really easy to deploy, especially using wifi. We are going to purchase 2 more units pretty soon.

Pros

Implemented as a low-budget signage solution, we are amazed by this solution. My users get the hang of it quickly. The graphical interface of shows really helps to set up presentations quickly and effectively. The background audio feature is also really appreciated, saves me a lot of trouble when they are having a special event and they want music, I don't have to install temporary speakers anymore. Also, I love the fact that they still work even during a network or Internet failure, so they are reliable even when the wifi connection is not.

Cons

Raspberry Pis are not the most solid hardware out there. Especially on wifi, they tend to freeze from time to time. I have to reboot a few from time to time. I'm not sure I would trust them for crucial, urgent information.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Mostly the price, player and licence. It was even cheaper back in 2017.

Dennis from Manufacturing

Absolutely Amazing! Don't look anywhere else... it should start (and end) with Yodeck!

We run a small retail establishment and I needed the ability to use digital signage as an employee message board (while controlling content remotely). Being small, we don't have the funds to throw at problems/solutions... which means I'm a DIY owner. I've tried other providers, but became quickly frustrated since they didn't work (or didn't work as well as I'd like). I'm glad I stumbled upon Yodeck... this was exactly what I needed and more! Very easy to setup, very intuitive, and very reliable (I waited to post this review since I wanted to be able to speak to up-time). I am amazed at how quickly I was able to setup the system (using a Raspberry Pi) and I'm impressed by how reliable it has been. We're going into our second month of use and we're experiencing 100% reliability, while constantly updating the Playlists. But where Yodeck really stood out... I was contacted by a customer service manager the second we signed up for the service and had someone on standby who was willing to help where and when needed. I was shocked! A very nice touch and I can't say enough about that approach. I'm sold and will look to Yodeck for future projects when the time is right. If you're in the market, or are unsure about where to turn for digital signage, I can't recommend Yodeck enough (especially for the beginner on a budget). Great product, great service, amazing reliability... well done Yodeck! Thank you!!!

Pros

How simple it was to get up and running. Ease of use a big plus. And reliability has been 100%... I expected downtime since we're running this on a Raspberry Pi, but we're amazed it's been 100% reliable.

Cons

Nothing... honestly... nothing! I'm really trying to find something negative, but it has been a great product with amazing reliability.

Panos from ISTODATA

Reliable and continuously getting better!

We have created a product with a mix of shared and custom content for our clients. In Yodeck we found all the features we needed as It does almost everything we want and the support is awesome. They even contacted us to ask if they can help in any way!

Pros

Excellent support, regular updates/upgrades with new features, flexible prices and low cost for the players as they use Raspberry pi.

Cons

Few widgets, with poor design. But this was not a big problem for us, because we created our own widgets.

Tom from Mount de Sales Academy

Excellent solution for school digital signage

Pros

The option to build your own using a free account [we already had some Raspberry Pis sitting around] was a no-brainer for us. We use Google Docs/Slides as well as Youtube for the content, and had multiple TVs with multiple PIs and multiple free accounts for a year. Once we saw how useful it was - and how the Google Suite integration allowed multiple people across campus to generate content, we upgrade to a paid account. Worth the money! We have better communication across campus, it's easily updated, and just works. Now if I could just get the kids to look up from their smartphones......

Cons

The documentation for the less technical-thinkers could be revamped. I didn't have a problem setting things up, but someone scared of tech, or who doesn't think logically, will need more handholding than the docs offer [as of this writing - March 2019].

René from Veiligheidsregio Haaglanden

Industry: Public Safety

So easy!!

Information is easy shared.

Pros

Easy to setup using low cost hardware. Easy to maintain

Cons

In case you show a website it is very hard to answer cookie policy questions remotely so the popup is showed.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Remote setup Freedom in setting up shows

Ravi from Walmart Canada

Best price, easy to setup, best support, no hussle signage solution

Wonderful.

Pros

Easy to setup Great support team as well as support resources on website Easy to manage Click to publish functionality with advanced scheduling features Free player with annual subscription which is a great deal for small businesses like us 1st screen is free for life so we tried it first which gave us confidance Customer focused and very accomodating

Cons

May be more readey made theams for differant business types!! Also, make a note that 1st screen is free but only until you have only 1 screen. If you upgrade to 2 screen then both screen will be on paid subscription. This makes complete sense as 1st screen is only for try out. But just be aware of this. Other than that I can't think of anything elase as it surpassed our expectations compare to many products we evaluated.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Reasonable price for services as well

MARIA from MovAd

Great Custumer Service

great team, always up to improve in order to solve our requests

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and intuitive

Cons

We are having some problems with the GPS geofencing

better response

Marina from Georgian Green Student Residence

Convenient and Easy to Use

I really like Yodeck for our purpose and for the ease of use. We are a student residence and I post screens with event messaging, important messages are also posted on our screens and celebration messages too. We use the weather widget too, so each day the students can see what the temp is outside etc.

Pros

I like that I can update screens from home. I use Canava to create presentations that fit on my display screens and then I can upload them to Yodeck from my phone.

Cons

I have a monitor that goes offline often. Out of 3, there is one that goes off and it takes a long time for Support to respond to me. Also this system is very hands on. You have to troubleshoot and correct issues on your own much of the time. I can't always wait for support to get back to me. I think we are in different time zones.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

I chose Yodeck because it is very user friendly

David from California Fresh Market

More than meets our needs

We switched to yodeck for all our displays after our previous display company had abandoned their software and didn't provide any updates for windows 8 and up. Yodeck offered more flexibility, on a less expensive platform (Raspberry Pi) vs a micro computer. We rarely have any problems with these devices and when we do, we know immediately via email. With about twenty of these devices running company wide I never have to walk around to each screen at multiple locations to make sure they're working.

Pros

Inexpensive setup Easy to replace set it and forget it Lots of functions

Cons

They aren't window's OS, which is also a plus if you don't have to have it on windows OS.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

The software wasn't working for us any more. The lack of reliability and extra features made this a subpar product for what was continuing to grow on the market and the price wasn't as good as yodeck for the offerings.

Michael from Springbank Park For All Seasons Agricultural Society

Yodeck Advertising Platform

Overall we are super pleased with Yodeck and would recommend this service to other companies looking to use this for their advertising needs.

Pros

Yodeck is very easy to navigate and customize to our specific liking.

Cons

The only caveat i may have with this software is just how you can only submit .jpg formatted files and the resizing I have to do before submitting a photo with full resolution. Would be nice if there was an auto sizing feature built in that would accommodate many different formats.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

BrightAuthor was not meeting our specific needs for advertising in and around our business

Patrick from Hifferman NV

Industry: Machinery

Yes for Yodeck

I compared a couple of products in the search of a digital signage software and stumbled up onto Yodeck. The product was fairly new at the time and was already very complete and easy to use. In the time we are using Yodeck (approx 3 years) the product evolved with extra features which can be brought up by users and voted on to get it developed. The price went a bit upwards but on the other hand you get a very nice, very easy to use and very versatile product.

Pros

Ease of Use, continuous improvement of the product (functionalities)

Cons

I really can not find any drawbacks for this product

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

functionality, pricing and the drive of a startup product

Frank Andreas from Light'n'Sound Eventtechnik & -services

Best digital signage solution

What I'm missing is a facebook plugin, nicer weather forecast with pictures and a possibility to download the monitor playback as file to show my customer as preview before installing.

Pros

In 2019 we looked for as digital sigange solution for internal use, also for our customers. We found a lot of solutions, but most of them were difficult to use, you need a server and backend pcs or the software was horrible. Than we found yodeck. It's easy to use and it is all online, so I can administrate it from anywhere with any device. I like it.

Cons

It's all online and it's self-explanatory.

It's easier to use.

Jeff from YWGAV Ltd

Very good display software

Enjoyed setting it up and using it and it's used everyday

Pros

The fact that you can customise the display in many ways. I have news ticker, clock, date and time, BBC News feed alternating with Netatmo weather display from my home weather station, a 7 day weather forecast and finally a radar map showing aircraft detected by my flightaware antenna on the roof. really useful having the information readily available

Cons

Free plan is limited to one display, I'd like to set up a second display but as a home user the costs are prohibitive

Graham from WMW Group

Works with existing Raspberry Pi's whats not to like!

Very good so far

Pros

Work with exising hardware makes this a easy decision. It also allows internal HTML pages to be displayed.

Cons

No preview of playlist or layouts - this would great so we can what is going out before it does.

As detailed above

Christopher from JCPenney

Great Platform at a great price

We use Yodeck for employee messaging in our Headquarters. It was very easy to mock up a demonstration without making any commitment to purchase. The demonstration worked so well it was quickly implemented as single screen pilot. After a few months of smooth operation we installed several more screens with Yodeck players.

Pros

This platform was easy to setup and try out before making any financial commitment. I never had a need to talk to a sales rep. When I needed tech support they were quick to respond even when I was still on a free account. The instructions and tutorials on how to implement advanced features were well written.

Cons

Most of my frustration is really with the limitations of the raspberry Pi. Our players run connected to wifi and the signal started dropping a lot. It was complicated to add external wifi antennas and have them work properly with the Yodeck software image but it eventually worked out. Also a bit frustrated that UHD video support has been slow in coming although the HD image has been meeting our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

I have used and evaluated a number of digital signage platforms over the years. It is nice to see a system that is well designed and easy to use but priced as a commodity.

Randy from Broke Ass Phone®

YO Deck is Amazing - with room to grow!

We needed a consistent way to push content to screens in our lobbies. YoDeck was the only company that offered a hardware and software solution. Period. Other companies had just software and you have to buy other hardware to get it to delivered to lobbies. Which was very costly and some of it didn't work.

Pros

One place to manage content and push out to our franchises.

Cons

The software is limited - wish it would do mo like https://www.visme.co we will take it the cost is great and we will grow with YoDeck!

Simplicity hardware and software one stop. Then Price

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

ViseMe got really expensive monthly cost and Airtame the hardware side was increasing as well. 400 to 500 just in hardware cost.

Matthew from Thrift Mart

Best Digital Sign

I am able to display the info I need to my customers very easily.

Pros

I have this software in many locations. I love how easy to use and for just one monitor it is free. That really helps our nonprofit business tremendously!

Cons

The only thing I would add is the ability is in the layout section, to be able to show pictures or videos behind png images placed on the layout.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

I love how you can use a raspberry pi to implement this without almost any computer knowledge.

Mike from WEL

Industry: Utilities

Simple and easy

Information is easilly shared around differnt locations - in a variety of formats. It just works ! The support team have been responsive and flexible around players for our country and extra features.

Pros

This was a great alternative to our "Old PC's - auto running power point". Yodeck provides a simpler, more functional, cheaper and easier to manage platform to share information. The communications team look after it themselves, IT dont need to get involved !!

Cons

Security features come at a cost. But still minimal compared to alternatives.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

It was easier, simpler and cheaper

Less maintenance (patching AV, logon etc) . Cheaper licensing

Small Medical Clinic

I wish I had found Yodeck when I was initially looking for solutions. Fantastic solution that I will be using for years.

Pros

I initially purchased special digital signage TVs for our waiting room. What a headache! The software was buggy, the features were limited, and I never felt like updating it ever again (which is exactly what you shouldn't do) because of the hassle. Then I found Yodeck and the ease of use has been outstanding. Couldn't be happier!

Cons

I wouldn't mind better management website clipping that would try to generate a preview for various size screens before going live. But overall, powerful and customizable!

Jean-Marie from DigiSign

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Very easy to setup and great features that can be used in any work industries

Pros

What i love the most is the features and every time i get an email about features update its like Christmas

Cons

Its not cons but we'd like to see like demo shows about features used together to have maybe new ideas

Response from Flipnode

Replied August 2018

Hello Jean-Marie, Thank you for your review. We have recently started producing Guides and How-to videos about new features and interesting uses of our platform. Feel free to check them out on our YouTube channel. It is still early days but more are to follow very soon https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6uTez-0n3yHL0Q9zjlTVagJbO3TLH3F9

Austin from Lakepointe

Simple, cost effective yet powerful digital signage

We've had several questions and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the rep assigned to our account, has been extremely helpful and responsive.

Pros

The thing that drew me towards Yodeck was the way they handled hardware but the simplicity and quick no nonsense administration of screens is what kept it a competitor when we were comparing services.

Cons

Lack of smooth transitions but I hear this is being worked on and a fix is on the way.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Better and clearer scheduling and admin for a large number of screens

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Cost of hardware and difficulty of administration.

Paul from Precision Plating Company

Industry: Machinery

Digital Signage which is easy to set up and easy to update

Pros

I loved the simplicity with which I was able to set it up and get a demo going with minimal time. Because configuration is so easy, I have been able to delegate each screen/dashboard to the individual who needs to manage the content. They have made many changes and have rarely asked for help. A few times we experienced minor issues or had questions, the customer support team came back quickly with answers which solved our problem.

Cons

No cons, I've been using it for just over a year and I would recommend this to anyone looking for Digital signage which is easy to manage.

James from Sky PLC

Easy, free and feature packed.

We run a very busy training centre and meeting space. Yodeck enables us to inform all our visitors of where they have been located space to work without having to find a member of staff.

Pros

It is so easy to update my screen with the latest company videos and room bookings. I've loaded an active Google traffic map for leaving time that helps people plan the best route home.

Cons

It took a while to set a template up that formatted correctly . I had to push it to the screen each change and as I use the free account I only have one player so down to the lobby I go. Now I have a correct template everything is so easy.

James from Altwebs

Good Value

Pros

This is an all in one easy to use platform with instant results at a great price. I highly recommend this for any business. Great for information distribution, sales and video demonstrations. You are able to display awesome menus, directions and sale items. This is same technologies used by major companies and best of all you can maintain your screens from the anywhere. Your imagination is your only limit.

Cons

I would like to see more templates for business and home use. Things like information center templates, menus etc.

Easy of use and price

Thijmen from CKC & partners

A plug and play system that’s a joy to work with

Using YoDeck allowed us to easily scale up our narrowcasting. We more than doubled our number of screens, without adding any burden to the administrators or marketing department. In fact, all are time now thanks to the ease of use and plug and play capability of YoDeck.

Pros

YoDeck is super simple to learn and use. It offers way more flexibility than our legacy narrowcasting solution AND is cheaper! Support responds lightning quick and the pricing is very reasonable.

Cons

The structure of media > playlists > lay-out > screen is something you definitely need to wrap your head around before you can properly use the software.

Joaquim from Computer Software

Yodeck - the best and easy software to do everything

we have to implement this so have a dashboard in the reception without network cable , with Yodeck we can add , delete, configure, make all we need and more without we need to be there physically . i tray more than 5 digital signed software's , ad-dons implemented on windows base computer , and Yodeck is the best.

Pros

love all features , we can do everything with this software , easy to configure , we use this to share some company video, party photos. - Web access are great and very user friendly - time schedule great, with allot off option

Cons

- nothing to pointing about cons, maybe if more widget ,

Great product!!!

Getting valuable information out to my staff.

Pros

This software has great features. I really like being able to display multiple items on the screen at once. I use it at my workplace as a hospitality billboard showing news, weather, announcements and safety videos. Therefore, splitting the screen up really works well for me. I also like that it gives me a warning via email when my billboard has been offline for a bit.

Cons

It took a little bit of time to get up to speed using the software.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Better functionality and free for one billboard.