What are Yodeck users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Yodeck software through verified user reviews

• icon"The software is extremely easy to get your head around. The simplicity and the speed of getting new playlists and imagery up is amazing and instantaneous."
  • icon"Ease of use is quite amazing we use it for our signs in the hotel."
  • icon"Friendly UI, very fast response times, many widgets. Compared to Samsung Digital Signage products, Yodeck is the best solution and in a fair price."
  • icon"Entries should be mad in a easy to use calender, to determine when an antry should show up. This is at the moment missing."
  • icon"The initial set up was a little confusing - linking the playlist to the layout didn't feel intiuitive."
  • icon"It might be missing an accessory to fix the case."

Browse all Yodeck Reviews

• Have you used Yodeck and would like to share your experience with others?

Yodeck For Manufacturing

Lawrence

Industry: Facilities Services

Product platform

I am extremely satisfied with Yodeck as both a digital signage and management platform.

Pros

I was looking for a digital marketing platform that I could promote to a particular niche market and Yodeck provided most of the features I was looking for. Ease of management, workspaces and user privileges all make this ideal.

Cons

The only problem I experienced was with the scheduling module. Not being able to set a schedule to occur on a particular day for a period means a lot of additional manual scheduling.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

The backend management had more features and was easier to understand. Also the user management aspect, combined with work spaces will allow me to give some control to my users while not allowing them to completely mess up the system.

Louis

Top tier system

Pros

The documentation, layout of the system and ease of integration makes the system really practical in a busy environment where there are lots of systems to manage. I have implemented Yodeck at both schools i have worked in, and from when I first started using it, I have consistently seen updates to the UI and features.

Cons

I think there needs to be better diversity in Widgets. I think they hold huge potential to really standing out the system from the rest. For example, we are a Microsoft school so would benefit greatly from those features. Other custom API widgets would also be amazing so we really can personalise it. The layout system can be improved with integration with widgets too. For Example, the weather widget is hard to fit correctly in the top right hand corners as the grid limitations of the widget is greater than the size of the widget, so it makes it difficult to be precise with positioning.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Price and experience with the system previously. The raspberry Pi integration and use also benefits us rather than a webos verison.

Ken

Not worth it

Poor

Pros

Product relativity Easy to use but due to lack of features

Cons

Little options for widget. Customer support lousy. No good direction.

Response from Flipnode

Hi Ken, we would like to apologize for the delay in shipping out your Players. Due to the COVID-19 situation, there was a delay in our suppliers shipping out orders. Now, our suppliers have caught up with all pending orders. Our customer support did the best they could to speed things up, I am sorry that we could not serve you as best as possible but it was out of our control. Concerning features, Yodeck is constantly being developed, so a feature that you might be missing might be released soon. Send over a ticket with your requirements and we can get back to you with estimations on when your required features will be released. If you feel that Yodeck cannot serve your requirements now or in the near future, please reach out and request a refund. Thank you, The Yodeck Team

Replied April 2020

Randy

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

February 2022

Yodeck is a great solution for digital signage.

I have be using Yodeck for multiple locations for more than 3 years, and I am extremely satisfied with its capability.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. The flexibility to partition the display into custom size area with a variety of content and sources (external websites, YouTube, weather widgets, scrolling text, etc.)

Cons

I have not found an way to acknowledge or hide cookie and location messages that websites require users to confirm.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

We don't have a large budget and we use the signage for sharing information with employees and visitors. I have found Yodeck to be the best value in the market. We have not experienced any outages because of the software/device. Yodeck had all of the features that we need, and a lot more.

Ben

May 2022

The most flexible, powerful and best priced platform I have found

It's been a dream. I am not one to give full marks on reviews, I am naturally a critical person. But Yodeck earned this one.

Pros

1. Very customisable screen layout 2. Can run scripts when loading webpages to navigate or login! 3. Extremely reliable setup due to running on rasberry pi device instead of smart tv app, which I found far less reliable.

Cons

1. I would like a way to send and display notifications/message/alerts to the screen, both manually and via an API. (however, maybe I haven't been able to find that solution in Yodeck yet, there are a lot of apps) 2. the chargebee app needs updating, but that might be the partner's responsibility

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

I couldn't login to the sites I needed to to display dashboards, and the price.

Barry

Industry: Building Materials

Simple, effective, and scalable

I've used Yodeck for several weeks now (not months) and have built out templates for most of our screens. It has given me a good look at the limitations (and there are a few), but I have found it overall very easy to use and the support is fantastic (and FAST to respond).

Pros

We have about 15 screens in 4 locations and need an easy way to administrate them all without requiring a dedicated PC at each screen. We checked out several options and Yodeck's pricing and interface seemed best for our needs.

Cons

I wish a few features that are pending were already in place (layouts within playlists, for instance).

cost, administration, implementation options, scalability

cost, administration, implementation options, scalability

Herson

April 2022

Yodeck is a fantastic Digital Signage software.

Pros

The software was simple to rollout and the ability to controll so many features makes this product an amazing product to use in various fields.

Cons

Being able to have more control over the broadcast alert customizations. For me they seem to default to the same visual style even when I duplicate an existing alert.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Yodeck has much better cusomizational items and the remote access makes this product superior.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

The Chromebit that I was using is no longer supported or updated so I wanted to look for alternatives. I tried a few others prior to landing on Yodeck.

Jeff

Industry: Broadcast Media

March 2022

Easy and Flexible

This works fine for my needs, and I've recommended it to other institutions including schools

Pros

This replaced a clunky Powerpoint setup - which wasn't that useful when last minute changes were needed to be made. Yodeck works well, and its easy to configure and setup with a browser, and its nice to see when the changes are pushed out.

Cons

Everything seems great - I think the grid layout could be a little bit tighter implemented

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Because last minute changes were difficult to manage in Powerpoint. With Yodeck I can use my phone or Ipad

Cody

Industry: Restaurants

April 2022

Best digital signage solution on the market.

Yodeck has been a game changer for our organization. The features and capabilities you receive for the price is the best we have seen in the digital signage space.

Pros

I am very familiar with various technology and the software is easily implemented and very user friendly. Even if you are not as technologically inclined the setup and maintenance is very straightforward. The main reason we went with yodeck is due to the remote management which streamlines new content across all of our locations.

Cons

I found the transitions between content on the screens to be a bit choppy. We now upload a single powerpoint converted to mp4 which prevents choppy transitions between slides. Although I believe it was updated since we started with yodeck but I haven't found the need to move away from our current method.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

We saw numerous competitors at the national food show in 2019 which were geared towards corporate enterprise. Since we only have 4 stores the value to usage needs was not there. I found yodeck while researching digital signage on my own and it fit perfectly with our needs and budget.

Bailey

Simple, fair & benefit galore

Pros

At the free price point for one unit, it is super easy to roll out within a small business and generate a high ROI! The next step is to utilise another screen for internal communications which I would be happy to pay for as it is amazing that this is offered for free for one screen.

Cons

None Yodek has so much to give at a low price point there is only up

Free for one screen!

Christian

Digital signeage made easy

With Yodeck we can not only entertain and inform our customers in the waiting areas, but also have the opportunity to provide this service for our customers. Thanks to the highly scalable structure of the system, not only can small individual solutions be created, but customers with multiple locations and company departments can also be wonderfully supplied. We are currently working on connecting the shops of several petrol stations to our system built with Yodeck. The test operations for this are already running extremely promisingly.

Pros

The fact that each individual display can be provided with individual content or combined into groups and locations ensures that a wide range of solutions can be implemented. The schedules and playlists are a particularly powerful tool for delivering the right content to the right place at the right time. With yodeck this is solved much more efficiently than we know from other systems. User roles and work areas make it possible for technically less experienced people to provide content for the displays without jeopardizing the security and functionality of the entire system. Anyone who knows other solutions knows that this cannot be taken for granted. We are happy to now not only be able to use the various possibilities ourselves, but also to have found an extremely interesting new product for our customers.

Cons

In the beginning, some processes were much more complex, not clearly explained, poorly labeled or misleadingly translated. In addition, some functions that were important to us were missing. However, since the software is continuously being improved, these problems could gradually be resolved, so that Yodeck has now become a powerful tool at a fair price that flexibly adapts to the needs of the users. For digital menu boards, we would like to be able to show and hide content in an animated manner and to move it across the screen with keyframes, a timeline or such.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

With Yodeck we can not only manage all the settings in the software much more flexibly, but also use our own hardware adapted to the respective situation. This enabled us to significantly reduce the costs per digital signage display used.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

The other systems were much more difficult to maintain. The costs and maintenance effort, especially for the hardware required, were also significantly higher.

Graeme

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great product does everything I want.

Before I found Yodeck I would have to travel to the coffee shop to update a PowerPoint presentation which ran on a tower PC under one of the customer tables. If I was on holiday it would not get updated until I returned. Now I can update the display from my home or anywhere on the planet. Another advantage is the time out feature. Before I would have to put in an expiry date in the notes so I knew when to delete them then go through them all looking at the expiry date and delete them.

Pros

This is a fantastic product it is so easy to use and set up. I administrator the display in a charity coffee shop in Scotland and have updated this screen from South Africa, Vietnam, Germany and many other places while on holiday. The timeout feature is a fantastic feature which I use all the time. The Free option is perfect for us and is very much appreciated. I have also installed it in a small Solar company next to our coffee shop which they administer themselves. Great product 10/10.

Cons

The only thing that I would say is the SAVE button position be more consistent in its location. Some screens it's at the top others at the bottom. A very trivial thing but it's all I can think of at the moment. The ability to have a slide automatically deleted ounce its expiry date has passed would be good would just date that bit extra time. Just a tick box so that you would still have the option to keep it.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Ease of use and no limitations on the free version.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

I was ok but very limited in the Free version and was certainly not as easy to use. Stopped using after a week.

Andries

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

The ultimate digital signage tool!

We are Yodeck for roster and student/staff information displays flawlessly for almost 4 years now.

Pros

- Value for money: tried different, much more expensive solutions, Yodeck beats 'em all! - Use any Raspberry Pi as a player, even 4K display resolutions (using Pi 4), free players for all screens when using annual subscription. - Very intuitive to set up and use. When ordering with player you can setup in advance, just connect the player to your screen and you are all set! Plug & Play! - Cloud based and central management from any device with internet connection.

Cons

No support for dutch language. No problem for me personally but some users would like this.

Christopher

Super Easy To use and Setup !!!

We upload the latest news videos from youtube for our industry. we also use it to play product videos as well as sales videos to help promote our products and sales. We have even made some animated logos to go between each video for our company.

Pros

Its so easy to setup and use, simply drag and drop any videos you need and upload them to the Yodeck server, their server then verifies that it is a usable format if not then it will automatically convert it to a usable format that Yodeck recognizes. you can even customize schedules by location. we have 2 stores and both stores have different hours. We have the Sorry we are closed sign pop up when we close by time wise and it helps to get those last minute customers finished up, we have even loaded up some music to help our staff close and clean the store each night. Easily add Banners and even custom tikcer tapes to any of your screens. play videos and slides with ease. you can even set when a video or sale should expire and when new sales start if you are ahead of the game and have them made up already.

Cons

I only wish there were more widgets and not just graphical widgets. I wish that there was a ability to have closed captioning with uploaded videos as well so people across the room can see and read what is being said on the videos that we upload. not even sure if this is possible but it would be a nice addition.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Yodeck had the most features for the money

Response from Flipnode

Hello Christopher, Thank you very much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. With respect to you widget suggestion, I wanted to inform you that you can visit the "I suggest you.." section in our support center, where you can post suggestions for new features or upvote exiting ones. http://support.yodeck.com/forums/301815-general The most popular suggestions are highly probable to be entered in our development cycle and be available in upcoming releases.

Replied November 2019

Austin

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Blair House Community Bulletin Board

At the age of 70 my age and IQ I was able to create a system that improves so many people's lives with a easy learning curve for free and still have the energy engagement page displayed.

Pros

I have a blog for the Blair House a seniors residence in Ottawa Ontario Canada and this Yodeck software has given me the ability to display in real time The bus schedule for our bus stops ( 4 in total ), plus the weather, Emergency warnings system, Our Community Events Calendar, Covid 19 status all edited from my home pc or cell phone. In Canada we are a bilingual country English and French so all the webpages have to be repeated in both languages. easy as can be. The building is an Ottawa Community Housing building with an energy engagement program that consists of a monitor in the lobby that informs tenants of how much energy is being used ( electricity and gas) and compares it with other similar buildings . Now the information is of some value to the tenants as they do not have to wait outside in the rain or cold to catch a bus. I was somewhat concerned about the new Raspberry Pi 4 that replaced the Pi 3 as to how much work it would be to upgrade it involved 8 letters and a hyphen WOW works fine! This is by far one of the best Raspberry projects that I have come across thumbs up.

Cons

In the Ottawa Community Housing building we have a large percentage of people that do not speak either of Our official languages and it would be nice to incorporate Google Translate into this platform. I would like to see a camera on the raspberry Pi that could scan a QR code that when displayed would translate to the appropriate language. It is very important to try to create a hands free environment in this time of Covid.

Perfect Balance of Features/Reliability/Price for Digital Signage

Using it for a nationwide digital signage network. Content is web based. Very Happy with performance and pricing.

Pros

Best digital signage platform for displaying websites and HTML5 content. Raspberry Pi 4 expanded RAM options make a huge difference for complex visualizations!

Cons

A little technical to set up for the average user. Its worth the tradeoff for power in my opinion though.

OnSign TV

OnSign TV

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Pricing, and support for web content.

Richard

Digital signage for large secondary school

Support is excellent, always prompt and friendly.

Pros

All cloud based to simple to update and sync to players. We've replaced our entire digital signage screens with TVs running Yodecks behind them. We've also managed to create one incorporated with a free to air setup TV box so staff can enjoy TV whilst we overlay important messages. Around the school site we use them to display messages for students, live feeds from Twitter, the weather, time and news. Very powerful and very easy to use and manage.

Cons

Nothing. Every works well for us. Plenty of guides online helping if you get stuck too.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Trialed YoDeck and worked brilliantly for us.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Wanted the ability to use normal TV screens and update remotely.

A+ Cloud Based Signage !

I use Yodeck to control advertising on 70+ tvs aligned horizontally and vertically in several states and a multitude of cities. I have tried several other providers for cloud based signage and Yodeck is lightyears ahead of the competition in terms of ease of use, responsiveness, price and customer service. Switching from the competition was one of the best business decisions I've ever made and it has benefitted our team and company greatly.

Pros

Yodeck is amazingly powerful and surprisingly affordable. The web-based interface is very easy to learn, and very responsive. I love the ability to see which devices are located in different regions of the United States and the depth of the preferences/settings is, honestly, amazing.

Cons

I have not had one issue that wasn't resolved by customer service within 20 minutes, and I wish every establishment had half of the customer service as Yodeck does! It would be nice to have a standalone app in addition to a web-based option, but that is a personal preference and doesn't negatively impact what Yodeck does.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Price, Expandability, Customer Care, Interface.

Rich

Industry: Food Production

Perfect for our needs!

The best part about Yodeck is that I can get a message out to our employees in under five minutes. I can't imagine a better system for our needs.

Pros

We are a small manufacturing plant that needed a convenient way of passing messages along to all of our staff that work at all times of the day. I simply create slides in PowerPoint and quickly upload them to Yodeck. The software is extremely easy to use and fits our needs perfectly.

Cons

I have tried implementing some of the widgets and they don't always fit the screen, and sometimes don't work so it is hard to depend on them enough to use them.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Free monthly option for using only one screen. Hardware is a Raspberry Pi, which I have prior experience with.

Christopher

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Easy to use digital signage solution for Raspberry PI

We use Yodeck as an information system in a public high school cafeteria. Students are presented with PSA images, lunch menus, sports schedules, weather reports and a synchronized clock. The system runs 24 hours a day has has done so without error for more than a year now.

Pros

Coming from Samsung Magicinfo, Yodeck was far superior in almost every aspect. Wide varieties of media are playable as part of the slide deck, including PDF, images, videos and remote HTML. Our screen sat dead waiting for a solution before we found Yodeck.

Cons

The software does require a connection to the home server to operate, would be nice to have a fully offline mode. I haven't had a chance to test how the system would work in a fully offline environment.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Compatibility with our PI boxes, outstanding user interface, great customer support.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Poor support from Samsung forced a change to new software.

Jeff

May 2022

FOUND: Cost effective and simple to use platform!

We had an old system that only played a standard set of information uploaded to one central computer. It was time consuming and problematic. I saw a similar system at a friend's location and did some research and found Yodeck to be cost effective and simple to install. Now, not only can I make changes wherever I happen to be, but I can tailor content to all the different areas and even to different screens as I so choose. It has been a game changer for us and we love it!

Pros

the simplicity of installation, working in the system along with the cost effective pricing were all a huge draw for me. When I received my systems, it was just as advertised! Everything up and running, a little learning about how to work the system and now we are up and going providing more information to our constituents than ever before in ways that make sense to their location onsite!

Cons

There is a slight learning curve on the back-end, but honestly, if you spend any time at all on it, you can pick it up quick.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

The old system was overly time consuming, unforgiving, and outdated. We needed something that could do more, provide more, and be easier to use. We found that in Yodeck.

There is no better value

Our digital signage used to be limited to a few screens in each office. Because of the east of use and value of Yodeck, we have distributed among many projects for multiple uses.

Pros

Ease of use (for admins and users), ease of deployment, feature set, and support. There really isn't any other category that Yodeck doesn't smash the competition on.

Cons

Player hardware options. The software is built around Debian/Raspbian, but it would be great to have a Windows option for flexibility or signage requiring more hardware horsepower.

Reasons for switching to Yodeck

Updating our old digital signage was a chore and required someone with decent technical knowledge. Cost restricted deployment.

Frank

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Fantastic Solution for Video Displays at our C-Store Chain

We have been quite happy with YoDeck. They have been quite responsive when we had questions, and were a huge help as we worked to set up our first store with 15 monitors and 15 Raspberry Pi units. We are overall very pleased and would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The ease and speed of updating our content at will is the best part about YoDeck and our Raspberry Pi video units. I can update from almost anywhere...can even do most content updates from my phone.

Cons

We had sought a solution that would allow us to sync 10 - 15 monitors in our stores. Unfortunately the only way to get that right now is a system that is way out of our budget for the size stores that we have. YoDeck and Raspberry Pi video units were as close as we could get - though they don't sync up as of yet - they were well within our budget.

Reasons for choosing Yodeck

Quality of the product and price of the service & video units.

Industry: Restaurants

Fantastic and Inexpensive Digital SIgnage Solution for a small restaurant

Yodeck allowed us to cost-effectively test digital signage in our restaurant and has been a very positive addition to our branding and customer experience efforts. Even with their paid plan ($7.99/screen/month), we've found so many ways to utilize it that we consider it a very high ROI investment.

Pros

We wanted something very inexpensive to be able to change the slideshow on the TV in the dining area of our restaurant easily and remotely. Yodeck was amazingly simple to set up, even using your own Raspberry Pi, and the Free lifetime plan for one monitor obviously can't be beaten. We used just the free plan for about a year, but it is so convenient and easy to use remotely that we've gone to the paid plan to use a second screen as a digital menu. We've also designed our upcoming second location specifically to take advantage of 2-3 screens there as well.

Cons

You need to invest a bit of time initially to get used to how to upload media, create playlists and schedules, assign things to monitors, etc., but their documentation is clear and thorough. Overall, I'd describe Yodeck as complex, but straightforward.

Yodeck