Browse Citrix Workspace Reviews

Uğur from Testo

A hero in pandemic time: Citrix Workspace

A special view of applications and personalized tasks makes my work easier. I can connect to the office computer from my home and this is incredibly critical, especially during the pandemic period. The application works stable and I can recommend it to everyone.

Pros

I can connect to the office computer from anywhere. In this way, I can easily access my files in the local network.

Cons

The program meets all my expectations. I hope it always works stably. However, if my internet connection is a bit weak, I can sometimes find it difficult to connect. But since this is more about my connection, I don't have a big expectation from Citrix on this issue.

Citrix: Best Virtual workstation

Pros

It's easy to use and best optimized for remote desktop with the windows operating system. The experience is so great that it feels like we are accessing our own physical device as it supports almost all shortcuts. The support for multiple displays helps to be more productive which is one of the deal-breaking feature for me. It is highly secure as we have to enable 2 FA to be able to login into our remote desktop.

Cons

Currently, I am using Citrix workspace for development, so I would like to see Citrix optimized for the Linux system as well. I have to change the configuration in the system when installing the Citrix workspace app in Linux (Currently using Ubuntu 20.04). Sometimes the resolution doesn't match with the window size so I have to work on fullscreen mode.

Reasons for Switching to Citrix Workspace

I faced lot latency and connection issue in teamviewer. On researching I found out that citrix is better optimized for Windows so I along with the team switched to Citrix.

Isael from Referencia Laboratorio Clincio

Excellent platform

It is a very good experience, because citrix workspace offers me an excellent tool to work from home as if you were at work

Pros

It is excellent software that allows me to interconnect with applications and operating systems that make employees feel comfortable with work even from home, in addition to being a software that facilitates work

Cons

It is an excellent software so far I have no complaints some

Useful for large businesses

Good but not enough

Pros

It is good to access production systems wherever you connect without security concerns.

Cons

The performance and connection lost cases kills the developer productivity.

December 2021

Daily tool for remote working

Overall I'm happy with the software. It connect quickly and allows me to get my work done remotely

Pros

The software is fairly quick to load and allows me to connect to my virtual system at work. I like that is seemeles between using on my MAC or PC

Cons

I have struggled to get my external camera to connect when using a MAC mini. There seems to be no issue with internal cameras on a MAC

Yvonne from Ready Rides LLC

Citrix workspace

my overall experience with citrix workspace has been truly a great experience and has caused us to be able to roll out what is needed for each day in the technology world to run the company efficiently

Pros

features that are most impactful is how easy it is to launch on a daily basis. Being that is a very important aspect of our business activities on a daily basis. Without this application we wouldn't be able to function in our daily operations. I really like the flexibility and reliability of this application

Cons

the integration was not difficult, but sometimes there may be a few instances where lagging has been an issue. but that has not been such an issue that has caused us not to be able to launch the applications that rely on citrix workspace

Narasimhan (Nari) from National Energy Technology Laboratory

Industry: Research

Mediocre Software From Entrenched Company Claiming to Secure Things

Citrix does not solve any problems. It creates more problems and till date information security issues continue to abound partly because a secure, user friendly solution has not been built. As long as companies like Citrix keep hogging that space nothing is going to change.

Pros

It probably has some level of encryption but the best way they secure everything is preventing users from using it much. Less use, less risk of any compromise. Just like car insurance, if you drive it less, less chance of getting into an accident, right?

Cons

Highly buggy software when in conjuction with Microsoft Outlook WBA. Not sure who exactly gets the full blame but Citrix does itself little favor by making things like password changes way hard and by rolling out buggy clients that are supposed to make governmental software "safer" they essentially make it very hard to use.

Marvin from WIpro

Citrix Pros and Cons

All in all, I will give a neutral review. The reason is, having a continuous connection with the tools I'm using to be able to assist my subordinates will still be efficient on my end. But would still like to use it because the issue I'm experiencing does not apply every time.

Pros

I'm a Subject Matter Expert in an IT company and we are using Citrix to be able to use the tools that require the Companies Intranet. The good thing about the software is being flexible, as I can access the tools I need to pullup inside Citrix without me using the Company's computer. User friendliness is also a good thing for this application, it is very easy to use because of it's interface.

Cons

Things I would not like with the application is, sometimes it is sluggish and disconnects. I experience it, and being a Subject Matter Expert I need to respond to my subordinates with their queries and assist them with their tasks.

Marko from NCR Corporation

Reliable and simple to use tool for remote access and support.

I have been using Citrix profesionally as a remote access tool for years now and I find purposeful and easy to use. For comparison reasons, I will compare it to TeamViewer which I have used a lot privately. Apart from more and advanced options, TeamViewer has better response time and less lag. Also, Citrix is not able to send or “inject” all the windows commands and shortcuts. Of course there is the toolbar with a lot of practical shortcuts such as Task Manager, Control Panel, Windows Explorer etc. File transfer does know to be finnicky from time to time especially when transferring large files, but of course, that might be just my personal experience.

Pros

The tool is reliable and it makes the work done for my team and our needs. It is effective and easy to use.

Cons

Lag, file transfer problems with large files, not able to send windows shortcuts not able to send sound.

Cheryl from Hoogheemraadschap van rijnland

Industry: Government Relations

Remote working as a permanent option

Our IT department luckily managed to roll out Citrix for the whole company (700+ people) just in time for the pandemic. This made the switch from office work to home working relatively easy. I have everything I need at my fingertips whether I am at the office or anywhere else. It's very convenient. Multiple work spaces and the possibility to connect to more branches.

Pros

This software has allowed me to work from home full-time during the pandemic with a minimum of problems. Multiple screens and workspaces also no problem.

Cons

I have to actively look for updates, I don't get automatic notifications if there's a new version available.

Amelia from US Oncology

Valued Product for Fast Paced Business

Citrix Workspace is a quality program that has carried us through the pandemic with ease. Our clinic has used the product remotely and in office. Using our workforce management software with Citrix is a breeze as well.

Pros

Citrix allows our busy clinic to quickly access vital programs securely.

Cons

Logging in remotely can be a bit difficult for new users.

Danielle from HitsTech

Citrix Workspace

If management would approved use terminating this program today, we would. Over half of our tickets are Citrix related on our helpdesk queue.

Pros

I like that if we lose power my work is saved in the virtual environment so I can return back to my work quickly once the issue is resolved.

Cons

We have connectivity issues on regular basis internally and with our clients. These issues haven't been able to be corrected by support for months. Having to tell a client that Citrix's own support team cannot fix their issues when they call every morning havi9ng issues logging in is frustrating and makes us look bad.

Stefanos from Computer & Network Security

Citrix Workspace review

Citrix Workspace is a Citrix DaaS solution hosted entirely in the Citrix Cloud. It is very easy to operate by utilizing the Citrix Workspace App client which gives the same look and feel as if working from a traditional Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops implementation on-premise or in a private Cloud. What is particularly useful and interesting is the introduction of Citrix Workspace microApps and Citrix Workspace custom workflows. With microapps, each employee can focus on the tasks which they perform most frequently and use either a microapp which comes out of the box or create a custom one based on their requirements. End users can also create a custom workflow to work with their custom microapps, thus increasing their overall efficiency and productivity without the requirement to have technical expertise in IT.

Pros

I enjoyed the Citrix Workspace MicroApps and the custom workflows which can be created intuitively without any prior technical IT knowledge.

Cons

Given that Citrix Workspace is entirely hosted in the Citrix Cloud, there could be some performance degradation when working in the virtual desktop in some regions around the world, depending on the technical characteristics of the last mile of the end user WAN connection (e.g. high round trip time / latency). This however is getting better as new Citrix Cloud locations are added to the service and the overall global network infrastructure is improving.

Gilad from Checkpoint

One of the best ways for to control your remote workspace

My overall experience is great, it is really fills amazing to control my remote desktop using it. in many ways it feels like working physically on my PC.

Pros

I like the ease of access my remote desktop, despite there are many authentications in the middle, most of them are saved on the browser. The access to my remote workspace is extremely impressive and most windows key and shortcuts working great. The support of few screens make it way good for my usage (working with terminals).

Cons

It isn't easy to copy/paste of text and flies from the base computer, feature which is extremely important. When there are connectivity issues, there is lack of information in order to debug the reason. The auto log in doesn't work all the time so I am finding my self typing my credentials many times .

Jessica from Ace Relocation Systems

Citrix Workspace

Citrix Workspace has improved from several years ago and now works seamlessly in the background with other applications that require it.

Pros

Citrix Workspace allows me to connect to other required software and provides a secure safety net in order to do so. It's primarily in the background while using other apps, but runs smoothly.

Cons

When we first started using this software ~5 years ago, there were definitely some kinks and the program did not always run smoothly. They seemed to have worked the kinks out and the product has greatly improved.

Gloria from Emerge WAH

In invaluable tool in my job working from home

Overall, Citrix Workspace is a valuable tool for Customer Service agents especially those working from home. It gives you access to the different programs needed to do the job and all the apps are consolidated in the general citrix workspace page.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly, generally very reliable and has needed applications in one page.

Cons

My biggest pet peeve about this software is that it times out throughout my shift. When that happens it forces me to have to log back in and can throw my open apps out of synch.

Citrix Workspace

Overall I like Citrix for remote work. It does its job well, only issue I have is that for how complicated the setup is there are other products out there that are a lot more simple for cheaper that do a lot of the same things.

Pros

The configuration options you have in deploying Citrix to machines after it has all been setup are very nice depending on your scenario. You can really customize your deployments and settings.

Cons

Setting up and deploying a desktop/application can become cumbersome and has a lot of steps.

Kandice from Mental Health care

Industry: Mental Health Care

Citrix review

I use this every day to log into different analysis software to do things such as entering progress notes, creating treatment plans, and completing diagnostic assessments. It makes this very easy to access.

Pros

I use this software everyday to log into my other software for my job. It is very easy to use and lets you organize your apps/softwares based on how often you use them. It is very important for my job to remain HIPAA compliant and this software takes care of that with no problem.

Cons

The software can sometimes be spotty and have errors. I have only experienced this once or twice, and when it does happen our IT team is able to fix it very quickly.

Citrix - Great Remote Desktop Option

Citrix has made working at multiple workstations much simpler than it was at previous positions. It works so well that it doesn't feel like I am accessing programs remotely most of the time. I am happy with the user experience.

Pros

The ease of access. I utilize multiple desktops at work, and wherever I login with my work credentials, Citrix workspace makes all of the programs I need readily available. I can save favorites, and access programs quickly.

Cons

I would add a feature. I t wold be nice to have Citrix recommend software that my workplace uses, based on what task I am trying to complete.

Inconsistent

The most beneficial part is being able to work from anywhere and on any computer. It's made the transition during the pandemic doable for my entire company.

Pros

I like how I'm able to access my company's remote server on any one of my computers and anywhere in the world.

Cons

It is spotty and at times, it says I'm logged in but doesn't fully log in. The app doesn't work on my Mac or Dell so I always have to log in through a web browser.

Burak from Ericsson

Navigating customer enviroment is easy with Citrix Workspace

It is an important part of my daily life. Without it, I would need multiple access rights, multiple software to access technical environment which would be a huge waste of time.

Pros

As part of my role, I am expected to do work on multiple customers. Citrix Workspace makes it easier to connect to a customer environment. You also have an array of software at your disposal to access different nodes, data sources and applications.

Cons

Citric Receiver, the agent that is a part of Citrix Workspace has some bugs and cause problems from time to time.

Casey from jvdellpc

Very Segure

It is easy to use and we really enjoy that it is secure, so do our clients.

Pros

I enjoy this because if you dont want to go to sharefile to send secure documents, you just click the button on your email and it secures it for you!

Cons

The new double verification is a pain and very frustrating when we have to do that every time we use it! If I am on the phone with a client, I have to sometimes get a verification to look something up and then place them on hold in order to answer that verification call. It is not practical.

Jalen from Barnes Bros Entertainment LLC

Reliable Virtual Desktop

Citrix has been reliable and full of useful features in the many years I've used it.

Pros

Citrix is easily accessible from a browser on any desktop or an app on any mobile device. This makes work from home a very simple task.

Cons

Password resets can be frequent and if you're not attentive you'll have to call support to set up a new password if you miss the deadline.

Courtney from The Temple Annapolis: A Paul Mitchell Partner School

Decent Software

It’s been fine, but I don’t love the crashing.

Pros

I like everything that Citrix is capable of doing. It is the main program that I use each day to enter students, calculate their graduation date, and keep track of placement data. Our company uses this program very often.

Cons

The program crashes at least once a day. Everyone in my company experiences this problem and it can be very frustrating to be in the middle of work and then lose it and have to open the program and start over.

Vadiraja from Wipro Limited

Easier and more professional

Easier to use, better performance and simple interface... This explains everything.

Pros

The interface they give for both windows and Android is my favourite, the kind of attention to detail is commendable.

Cons

The permissions issue which comes every second is a bit annoying to me where I don't want to give all the access to the workspace.

AMBER from Health and Human Services

Hospital Grade Document's

I think its been really helpful with our facility to easily have access to all the clients records. We don't have to send as many emails to get the information received.

Pros

I think the record keeping and ability to have immediate acces to information facilitates better services for our clients. I like the different ways to search for information.

Cons

There are times where its a little slow or changes to existing documents are not able to be made. This can become confusing for people

Johnna from Élan Legal Media

Citrix Workspace Review

I have had a good experience with Ctrix Workspace and would recommend to others

Pros

Citrix is nice accommodation for companies who are not normally remote. It's useful for ensuring safety of information within the company and allows users to still access the same information they do at work that normally you need to be on the Company IP address for.

Cons

Citrix crashes constantly for me and takes up a lot of space on my computer which affects site speed / load time

Shannon from Deloitte

Citrix Workspace Review

Overall, it can be difficult to use and has many glitches

Pros

I like that I can use the workspace to view all my applications such as skype and email

Cons

Citrix workspace often times fails or has issues logging in and then I have to reset the workspace, log out or re download the workspace

Vinayak from HCL

Efficient and secured

Pros

Most easy to install and use this tool and serves the main purpose of adding security to the business.

Cons

There are timeout issue and connectivity issue that happes at times, however, that depends on how your Organization has setup the connectivity

Talib from Yoh Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

A great tool to use for a secure working environment

This tool overall is great.

Pros

I like the fact that the implementation was simple and very quick and this tool is incredibly easy to use. It's just like plug and play!

Cons

Nothing really, there is nothing to say really that this tool can improve on

Erin from St. Luke's Hospital

User Friendly

Pros

I used Citrix Workspace daily to get to apps that I used daily such as MyHR, Core Connect and Encompass just to name a few. Whether its to remote log in from home or the office, its very user friendly and has everything you need in one place.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software. It services it's purpose for me, Ive never had any issues.

Citrix Storefront is the perfect application to house your Citrix Servers

The ability to have one central location means less work for the user.

Pros

The ability to have all your Citrix Servers in one location that you can click to access is helpful versus having to remember specific URLs to access.

Cons

Nothing so far. This has been a far better option than when we had to manually remember the URL for the Citrix environment we wanted to connect to.

Serhii from SoftServe

Citrix Workspace Review

Not great, not bad, but overall fine. It allows you to do a lot of work under one Workspace, provides security and easy administration.

Pros

All apps are in one place, easy to set up permissions and rights for users inside and outside your company. You can integrate third-party applications and variety is great. Not the worst interface.

Cons

Copy/paste may stop working from time to time between your PC and VM for example or can work one way. Resolution problems, only work fine on a laptop screen with 100% view. Constant freeze-ups.

Emmarose from Construction Consultant Services

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Citrix

Pros

Easily access programs needed for our work

Cons

We have issues with the program being slow and crashing. I am unsure of them

Jeff from Baptist Health Care

Citrix desktop is functional but needs work

Pros

I can access my published applications remotely.

Cons

The video and sound quality is lacking. Slowness issues.

Mohamed from GCC

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very important tool, especially for home workers

Pros

It is easy to use once you get fimilar with all the features. It helped a lot when we had to work from home due to COVID-19 to have virtual environment.

Cons

Once you lose internet connection system freezes for 5 minutes trying to reconnect. I wish it was even possible to navigate through or exit to desktop to troubleshoot, or connect to a different network.

Citrix Workspace Review

Pros

Easy to access my remote workspace tool. You can download the app and install it right away.

Cons

You need specialized set of headphones if you are utilizing the app and would need to use voip.

Citrix Workspace does the job and does it well.

Pros

Easy to connect and share Access everything from one place Simple and effective UI Security and Reliability

Cons

Connectivity issues Slow at launch Some minor glitches

Maurice from DMD

Desktop from home

Citrix gives comfort that you are in a secure environment with access to all your office networks, applications etc.

Pros

I liked the fact that you enter a secure environment within the office parameters and find my desktop and access to intra net as I would be in the office. Works a treat. All my applications that I use internally work just fine.

Cons

I found some times that the time to connect was cumbersome, as was the several times during the day that I had to log in again. I get why that is the case but it frustrates easily.

Shanta from U of M Physicians

Does not work well at all

Terrible! It is a horrible product. I thought it was just the one organizations wi-fi, but now that I have started a new job and they too use this product and have similar issues I see it is the product!

Pros

Nothing I would not recommend this product at all.

Cons

I have used Citrix at two large organizations. At both companies the same thing happens. You get this disconnect from server error. It causes downtime and login issues. It is extremely bad if it is being used by many who are working from home. It is almost a daily issue!

Latonja from Unica Chica

Work Efficiently

Pros

The Citrix workspace allows me to view all of the customers information in one place. Allows for quick and efficient customer service and support.

Cons

Sometimes the application stalls and you have to restart

Citrix Software/Workspace

Pros

Working in the hospital, Citrix Software provides a streamlined platform for which all the medical applications are on the "hub". It facilitates easy navigation between each EMR that I use and allows for access and transfer of private data quickly.

Cons

There are not that many cons to this software, but if I had to pick one, it would perhaps be the downtime this server goes through for fixes.

José Alexandre Dias from Spassu Tecnologia

Technical analysis on Citrix Workspace

Pros

I work in an IT company providing technical support, due to the pandemic many of our clients started to work at home using the Citrix tool as a Remote Office, the necessary tools of our customers were configured within the Citrix Workspace and the tool works perfectly.

Cons

We have been using Citrix Workspace for over a year and I have no points to complain so far!

Burak from MBNL

Safe and Reliable

Pros

Grants multiple users to access and connect to a desktop and the main reason of usage of Citrix is it's being safe and reliability. Also does not cost lots of cpu speed and takes very less amount of ram. And allows users to work with large files easily and efficiently.

Cons

When there is zero connections, the connection center disappears while it is open for no reason. The menus and letters are blurry. There is a deletion of saved passwords feature but it doesn't show what passwords have been saved, there is no list of them. More features need to be added.

Nastazija from Adecco/Computershare

Instable work environment

It is a love and hate relationship and it is the most instable software I've ever used.

Pros

It is safe and when it works it is providing all the features that you would normally have when working inside and office on a company computer.

Cons

The instability is really aggravating. You never know when it will kick you out of the work space or when you are not going to be able to even sign into that virtual requirement which is of course counted against you by the employer when working from home.

Sergio from T. Rowe Price

Great when it works

With the exception of poor integration from our tech support, I have been very happy with Citrix as it does what it needs to do.

Pros

When it works, it gives no issues. Allows me to remotely access my work desktop, and integrates nicely with my Mac; all of my peripherals work, and it is secure.

Cons

I am hardwired to Fiber Optic internet, yet occasionally (2-3 times a day) Citrix will lose connection and this requires that I wait 2 full minutes before I'm able to re-sign in. This has a negative effect on my productivity, especially as it is unpredictable. I believe that this may be how my tech team integrates it, but it is still a major inconvenience.

SHARI from Liveops

Citrix Workspace Home Business Review

Pros

The software has all and it of the apps that I need to use to do my services on a work day basis. It also stays open in the background if I need to open another app.

Cons

The only con is that when I login, I sometimes need to refresh the software to see all of my apps. It is a great software p program overall.

Erika from Rolls Royce

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Quite hard to use

It's okay. I just use it because of the company policy.

Pros

Honestly, it does the job and allows me to login to the intranet of my company. No other comments but this.

Cons

It is not very intuitive to log in and use it. It is quite annoying to use it at first but then you just get used to.

Matthew from Rinchem

Stick with VMWare and stay as far away from Citrix as possible

Negative. This was not an intuitive tool to use or solution to manage.

Pros

Citrix is a less that decent solution for workspace virtualization. From an administrator and user perspective it is simply more work than it is worth and requires more training than it is worth.

Cons

Pushing images and updating software was tedious and was not at all streamlined. We lost our Citrix guru prior to me coming on board and this was a nightmare to manage.

douaa from Murex

Secure & easy to connect

Pros

Citrix is a great help during this period of quarantine, i can remotely access my workspace without any slowdown or delay

Cons

the resolution isn't high with high DPI screens and we can't copy and paste from the citrix worskpace to the local machine.