(6,146)

1,532

Browse Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Jeremy from palebluedot

The Gold Industry Standard

I've been using Illustrator since the early 00's, and I have never found any other vector program that does what Illustrator can do.

Pros

Illustrator is the flagship vector and print program for a reason. Powerful features and the familiar Adobe interface keep users coming back decade after decade.

Cons

It would be nice to see more harmony between the interface and commands in Illustrator and Photoshop. Adobe's subscription model is very expensive, even at the student-discount level.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

A prime factor is being locked into the Adobe environment, where I'm used to the workflow, the floating palettes, the keyboard shortcuts, and tight interoperability between Adobe products. Plus, almost all professional print and design houses expect Adobe formats.

Tobel from GordonCare

Industry: Law Practice

Adobe Illustrator Review

Since purchasing and learning to used the software..... It's been quiet easy to make professional vector graphics for my clients. Website development make easier with the integration.

Pros

The ease of tools, the magic wand, pen tool makes it everything for me...i remember having no hardship in learning to used the software.

Cons

The eye dropper tool not being able to copy texture... Only drops color. Wish it can copy the texture too. This software needs strong machines to work efficiently.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Illustrator is basically easy to use and gives wide range of format to save your work either with pdf, ai etc.

Tony from Inkdefied88

Industry standard software for creating vector graphics

Adobe Illustrator is an essential part for my company, it is a companion that everyone in my company needs for their daily projects.

Pros

I like the amount of tools that are available inside the software that are designed to help me achieve a smooth workflow for my projects. The workspace customize ability of this software allow me to create an environment that ensure I can work my best in any projects.

Cons

I don't like the high pricing of the software and sometimes when I working, the software crash because of a bug but fortunately, my projects are saved in real time so it is not really a big trouble in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

I chose Adobe Illustrator because it is an industry standard software and having the powerful tools it bundled with that I can ensure my projects is done professionally and on timely manner to make my client satisfied.

Kenyon from N1 Solutions

Industry: Photography

The Core of the apple

Building logos for myself and customers, Creating various types of art.

Pros

This is a beautifully put together piece of software with various features and applications. If you are a designer animator or even just a hobbyist. You can make anything graphic wise and paint as realistically a real brush!! Ai is a must-have for any serious designer

Cons

It can be a little hard to master although learning it is fun and rewarding in many ways. There are bugs and certain system errors but over its great

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Its very professional and well put together.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

The functions were alot better.

A must-have vector graphics software for designers

I've been using Adobe Illustrator as a part of my Creative Cloud subscription for over 10 years and I enjoy it.

Pros

Illustrator has all the necessary tools for working with vector graphics. It has great integration with other Adobe products (i.e. After Effects), which makes it easy and quick to switch between them.

Cons

Illustrator allows you to work with vectors, but raster graphics have very limited support. Its competitor, Affinity, can work with both, and it's also ten times cheaper. The worst thing is that it often crushes.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

It's a part of my Creative Cloud subscription that I have to pay for to use other Adobe tools.

Michael from Valor Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

For serious graphic artists

Overall, I've been able to create amazing logos from Illustrator as well as original art. It may not be my favorite program to go to due to its learning curve, but really, I have not used anything that compared to the quality.

Pros

The big upside with Adobe Illustrator is that you can create vectors from scratch which makes it perfect for logo design and developing original graphics. I tried using Inkscape in my past, and it didn't cut the mustard.

Cons

It's not very user-friendly. I had used Photoshop longer and was able to get the hang of it without too much stress. Conversely, Adobe Illustrator's interface is more confusing, it's difficult to know what does what, and the ease of use just isn't there. In my opinion, it's for someone serious about graphic design. I hope in the years ahead, they help transform Illustrator to become a better place for beginners to advanced artists.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

There weren't as many features with Inkscape.

Janey from Muse Web Design and Development

December 2021

Not as hard as I thought

Overall it was fun learning to use it and I see a lot of potential to speed up tasks that I would usually have done in Photoshop. Will definitely continue to learn the program and this will be my go too for anything not photo related. Love it!

Pros

I love that its so intuitive - if you want to draw a shape you just draw a shape - not having to click through too many steps to get the results. She edges are crisp and clear and fully scalable because of the vector format.

Cons

Its a little tricky getting started and learning to control the various tools but if you are familiar with other Adobe programs its pretty quick to pick up the knack. Also the file sizes are terrible, especially when working for Web design.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Mainly because of the quality of the saved graphics when designing logos and flat graphics for web.

Rob from NVision4D

December 2021

Illustrator's power is unmatched.

Overall Illustrator has been a critical part of my business. Without it there are many tasks that I would not be able to accomplish. Most larger agencies use it and share files in Illustrator's format so it's critical that I can open and work in those files without having to ask them to convert them and risk losing subtle design elements or flexibility.

Pros

Illustrator just keeps getting more powerful and more capable. It's so ubiquitous that if you don't use it you'll have a harder time collaborating with agencies across the planet as you produce art. There is practically nothing you can't do with it in terms of creating vector and hand drawn artwork and graphics.

Cons

Some of the interface handles are too small and it's difficult to grab them. I'd like to be able to make them any size I want. I use high resolution monitors and some elements are just tiny, no matter how good your eyes are. Other then that, I can't really find anything to be critical about. As with all software, there are functions that you'd probably implement differently if you were the developer, but it does everything I need and then some.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Because Illustrator was more universally accepted in the marketing industry and because Illustrator is so feature rich and powerful.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I don't recall the names because it's been over 10-years. But even then, before Illustrator's massive improvements since then, nothing was as well rounded and capable in all the categories I needed. I found I needed two programs to do everything Illustrator does so I stopped trying to find something better.

Pedro from Ilustralex

December 2021

Illustrator, a designer's spirit guide

It's been a nice experience, it has allowed me to learn a lot and at the same time it has payed itself since I have gotten a lot of work because of the illustrations I've made on this software. This program is so versatile that a graphic designer could survive only with this single piece of software.

Pros

It makes illustrating simple. Vectors are easy to manage. Software is really versatile, you can do a great variety of projects on it, from illustrations to books. A user friendly workspace. A great variety of tools. Easy converting from texts to vectors.

Cons

User needs training in order to be able to use the program. Some tools don't have keyboard shortcuts, which can make your work rhythm slower. Older versions lose compatibility with newer version works. It doesn't allow the user to edit pictures by itself, you need another photo editing software.

A Best Software For Vetor Designs

I completed many design-based projects by using this software. I did many vectorizations project by using this software. I created many logos, t-shirt designs, infographic designs, and social media poster designs for my recent company. I like to use this software very much.

Pros

What I like most about this software is, it's every feature is very important for making a good quality design. For making logos, fashion designs, corporate designs, and advertisements there is no alternative to this software. If you are a designer you must have to use this software.

Cons

I don't like Adobe Illustrator's price it's too much for an individual designer. And there is no lifetime subscription for this software.

December 2021

Definitely One for the Utility Belt!

I honestly don't know how I get along without it! Especially when I'm creating my monthly infographics for work!

Pros

The fact that it works so well converting my edited Photoshop images into vectorized images makes my life as a Graphic designer SO much easier!

Cons

It would be nice if there was more in the way of photo editing within the program itself instead of having to use Photoshop first. Other than that, it's perfect for what it's intended to be used for.

Loren from Freelaner

Adobe Illustrator

At first it was hard, but after a while got the hang of it. Always have it open ready for another project.

Pros

Amazing workspace, a lot of great tools and very easy to use

Cons

Not enough pre installed fonts Thats about it everything else is perfect.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Easier for me to use and more compatible with windows

Ivan from merchansys

Industry: Printing

Illustrator allow us to process our clients demand so much faster.

I wish I learned Illustrator sooner, however, it is never too late. It has helped us so much in our company. Now we work 300% faster and take even more projects.

Pros

Apart from being an excellent design software, it is a most compatible software with many files extensions. It allows us to read and manipulate our client demands in excellent speed and accuracy.

Cons

There are so many things you can do in Illustrator I only wish there could be more, things like automatic nesting objects or to improve the simplify path tool.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Illustrator seemed to be more advanced than any other vector software out there. Plus it is the industry standard, being so much more compatible with many files.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Photoshop is more of an editing colors and images software, I need accuracy, therefore we switched.

Adam from DesignKraft Inc.

Go to software for illustration, icon design, and vector graphics

Pros

From my experience Illustrators path workflow and functionality is superior to other vector software out there. If I was going to stray from Illustrator as my go to vector software the competition would need to beat Illustrator in that feature space. Illustrator allows you to have advance control and accuracy with paths, grids, guides, snap to guide, etc. Also, exporting quality SVGs is very important and the competition doesn't measure up in that space from what I have seen.

Cons

Some updates on how Illustrator handles smart guides and snap-to-pixel has some flaws. It seamed like I had better accuracy in previous versions of Illustrator. No one likes to have their paths splitting pixels or to have to fix that on a regular basis. Some times I don't have an issues while other times new path shapes start on 0.5 pixels when creating them.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

I chose Adobe Illustrator over Affinity Designer due to Illustrator being the standard software that agencies and companies use. Affinity Designer look amazing and I still want to try it. Illustrator is still a must have though.

Margaret from Ace Plumbing

Illustrator, will illustrate your point

I really like illustrator because it allows me so much flexibility in saving my files with many well known and used formats industry wide. I like their templates for digital media. Over all I really like their product. Although I feel it is a bit on the pricey side I think there is still value for my money.

Pros

I like that whatever is in my imagination can be transferred to the format I require. Among other tasks I am the Brand Administrator for our company. I have to make sure that wherever we market our brand looks great. Our brand shows up in many places and on many platforms digital and paper. Illustrator makes is possible to integrate anywhere I need to be.

Cons

Every time there is a new release of software there are some major changes in where things are. Where my regularly used tools are often change or seem to disappear. They have started video tutorials to help me catch up but it seems I am constantly having to re learn techniques I already learned once.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

At the time there was much more flexibility in document types.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

At the time there was much more flexibility in document types.

Zandrich from GEMINII

Adobe Illustrator: A Proven Formula

Illustrator was my first foray into the world of computer-aided design and digital art; my first license was provided as part of my Multimedia Design studies just shy of a decade ago - and I've not once considered looking back. Initially, I found the interface somewhat intimidating - the workspace was dotted with a plethora of icons representing tools I never knew existed - but once I started exploring, the tools, keyboard shortcuts and my workflow melded into an experience like none other. To express my experience of it somewhat allegorically - Illustrator and I operate as one. With my muscle memory refined, and my understanding of the available tools expanded, ideas, both technical and abstract in nature, could flow onto my screen without restriction. I personally recommend Adobe Illustrator to my contemporaries within the industry, and often professionals working in other fields altogether.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is very, very expansive; Adobe managed to marry the tried-and-trusted tools and processes of the more well-known Photoshop, with the logic and functionality of mundane CAD suites - elegantly. Adobe Illustrator has, for that reason, been a mainstay within my design workflow, and beyond, for almost a decade. One of its strongest features (often overlooked), is the ability to utilize multiple 'artboards' (pages) in a single workspace (unlike the single composition format of Photoshop); this allows a user to sketch plans, create artwork, take notes, and compile documents all in one place - a must for projects where one needs to compile related documents in parallel with a creative workflow. Adobe Illustrator, and the Adobe Creative Suite as a whole, remains the standard within all creative and marketing practices around the world for one simple reason - they are based on a proven formula, one that has both reinvented the wheel and built on prior successes.

Cons

Although Adobe Illustrator has come very far since I was first introduced to the CS5 release, it cannot be picked up by someone to be mastered in one work day - this in itself is not a weakness - Adobe Illustrator is, and always has been, software intended to enhance the abilities of someone familiar with computer-aided design suites.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Inkscape is great software, but is limited to one "artboard" (page) where Illustrator is not. This is worked around by running multiple instances of Inkscape, but that is not ideal for the pace of our daily workflow.

John from Gurusinc.com

A great product that has not adapted to the times.

For decades, Adobe Illustrator served me well. In the beginning, it was the best. But Corel Draw eventually eclipsed it in features and ease-of-use. But as the standard that I had learned to use well and had grown with, I still gravitated to AI, for most projects. But two things happened almost simultaneously that moved me away from AI. First, Adobe went exclusively to a subscription model, meaning that I would no longer OWN my software, if I upgraded. FYI, I'm still on CS6, which I OWN. I have not and will not rent software, because of the possibility of being locked out of my software at a critical time, when I need it most. The second reason is the release of Affinity Designer/Photo, which are the first fully functional products aimed at replacing Illustrator and Photoshop. Designer does virtually everything that Illustrator can do, does it for a whole lot less money, and I OWN IT. The only thing I have found that Affinity products won't do (yet), is pattern overlays in fx. But I'm sure that will be coming soon. I used to be an Adobe evangelist. But today, I have become an Affinity evangelist and I barely use my CS6 Adobe Suite that has been relegated to a VMware partition, with an old version of MacOS, that I only use for archive files. Adobe Illustrator used to be the standard and well deserved. That is no longer the case and also well deserved. They are over-priced, considering that other equivalent products now exist for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator was the standard for years, before there was competition in this market. Then, even after Corel Draw came along, which was a better (5-star) product, Adobe managed to remain the standard, by continuing to be at least a very good product (4-star). It seems that being the standard means you don't have to be the best, but you must be very good and Illustrator was just that - very good.

Cons

Several features in Adobe Illustrator were poorly implemented. Though there were more than a few such issues, one that comes to mind is the ease of placing an image within another object, when using Corel Draw, as compared to the convoluted steps to do the same thing in AI. But Adobe Illustrator lost me as a user, when Adobe went to a subscription base. It's not an issue of money. I have been willing to pay large sums of money, for the full suite of Adobe graphic/photo design tools, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and the now discontinued Flash (ActiveScript). My concern is that I can't afford to be told that I can't use my software now, because my fully paid-up subscription can't be confirmed on the server. That's exactly what could happen, if a hacker penetrated Adobe's license server and deleted or changed all the license files. Any number of other scenarios could have similar results. That's why I OWN my software. Sure, a hacker could get into my system and cause damage. But I work behind two firewalls and I'm a very minor target for hackers. Adobe, by contrast, is so large that they're a prime target for hackers. They will be targeted by 10,000 hackers, before I'm attacked once. I'll take my chances with OWNED software on my system, rather than leave that security to a stranger, at a high-value target. Besides, I can now to everything with Affinity Designer that I used to do with AI. It also costs less and I OWN it. Bye AI.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

I chose AI, because it was the only thing available to do what it did, at the time. For many years it was a great product that was only slightly over-priced. That has changed. I have since switched to Affinity Designer (and Affinity Photo) for ALL of my new graphic/photo work. I OWN that software, versus the Adobe model, where you rent your software. Also, the cost to OWN the Affinity products is about the same as the cost to rent the Adobe products for just one month. No comparison. Bye, Adobe. You were good while you lasted. But there are now better products to do the same thing for less money.

Josh from EY

Review of Adobe illustrator

The business problems I am solving with Adobe Illustrator are the ability to design for both digital assets as well as large format trade show collateral and I have benefitted from the seamless integration with other design tools.

Pros

Feature that I found to be most impactful is the seamless compatibility with the other design products that our large design team uses. I would rate the ease of use of this product as easy to use however there is a learning curve to make use of advanced or new features that are routinely added. The integration into existing business processes was totally seamless.

Cons

The only thing that could be improved is sometimes when creating pixel accurate web asset mockups you need to be mindful of actual pixel resolution vs artboard size. The process that was difficult to use was when saving back to a legacy format some complexity of file can be lost however that is to be expected of any software. The integration into existing business processes was not difficult because it is conveniently offered as part of our teams Creative Suite package.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

The full value of offerings of the Adobe Creative Suite combined with Illustrator was superior.

Matt from North Canton Chapel

Top of the line for vector graphics

Allows to create print-ready files through Image Trace to vectorize them, the ability to utilize proper files when working with print companies for in-house orders.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator makes vector graphics and designing for scalable/print an ease. Specifically, this product has helped me to take the limited size graphics we have licensed from curriculum use and using the Image Trace feature ensure I am able to resource our areas with the best looking print-ready files that they need. When working with text and logos for our ministry areas and special events, to be able to create where I can scale across multiple print mediums: from large sized banners, to t-shirts to video, allowing to create one file that can export to the correct format is beneficial and ease of use versus creating a mammoth file in a non-vector application.

Cons

Illustrator is so vast in its functionality it took me a bit to get the handle on things - I am grateful for their support articles when there are areas and functions I am still learning. There is a slightly high learning-curve when you want to move beyond the basics.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

It best fit my workflow to utilize the full Creative Cloud Suite since I was creating and using files across the different Applications to remain within the native adobe applications.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I switched because I began using the full Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, and its integration between not just graphic but also my work in Premiere and After Effects helped my workflow.

Christopher from Restless Software LLC

Premium tool that for digital file creation

My overall experience with Adobe Illustrator has been overwhelmingly positive. I use the software every day for the commercial branch of my software business. It has made designing prototype and digital files very easy. Now I can truly concentrate on the design rather than the added burden of slow and inefficient software tools.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the large number of features and ease of use. I tried to make due with freeware for a while, but I often ran into the freeware lacking the features I needed. Adobe illustrator makes creating SVG's, PNG's, and other digital files easy.

Cons

What I liked least is the pricing model. The only way to get adobe illustrator is with a subscription. While it's great for staying up to date, the option to own a version of the software would be great. Unfortunately this seems to be the new way that software s being sold , so I can't really call it a deal breaker.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

I used this for a while, but the features were lacking. Adobe Illustrator is the total package.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

The software was painstakingly slow.

Cleo from Little Bay WebWorks

From Logos to House Plans

I was working at Adobe at the time Illustrator was being created and have used it continuously over the years. I use it to create overlays on maps for zoning projects, I have done detailed plans for a house that I built, I always use it for logos, posters, most projects where I want a lot of flexibility with laying things out.

Pros

The ability to create and control outline shapes. The fact that it has been in existence since the 80s and probably isn't going anywhere makes it worth learning. The things that do change or get added are mostly beneficial and logical additions. Tools like Pathfinder really work well. Masking works well once you get the gist of it. The pen tool is especially great if you know how bezier curves behave. I think they have added a lot of functionality over the years that I'm not even aware of since I never need it to do more.

Cons

There are a few nits and lice that have always bothered me but I honestly can't say that they don't have workarounds that I just haven't learned about. I wish there were a fast way to create an often used color palette. I end up making little squares on the page with the colors I want and using the dropper to grab them. The artboard is a little cumbersome until you get the hang of it. I often need to fit artwork to bounds (good for creating svg files that don't have weird empty origins). When you look for the Preset page size the dropdown starts with the setting you currently are on - it's not obvious that Fit To Artwork Bounds is above the dropdown list and you have to scroll up! Finding a tool palette can also be hard when you have a lot of them open. You can see that they are open in the windows list but if you select the item it will turn off the item. What would be nice is to somehow flash or bring to front an item so you can locate it. These are minor things but I have noticed them over the years.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator was in a league of its own. Other products felt like subsets or not as oriented to giving you full control of creating and editing the bezier curves.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

The Best Vector Based Design Software

I use Illustrator daily to create cool vector designs because I need the highest resolution to print them on a lot of things and with Illustrator I really get the things done and I'm always happy with the results. I think Adobe Illustrator is the best Vector and Design software in the market right now and after using it for many years I never had any problems and I always get the work done. Adobe is an amazing company, and I'm sure they will keep improving this software and adding some useful tools and features.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and you can create anything from scratch, you need just some designing or drawing knowledge, and you are good to go. It comes with a lot of useful design tools, filters, and effects...etc. I can create anything using Adobe Illustrator and the sky is the limit. I can also, use it to create topography designs for many things (shirts, wall art, business cards, text)...etc. I like adobe stock and the library of graphics, images, videos, and templates. Also, the drawing app is great, and It allows me to draw on top of any picture using different elements and colors. Fast rendering especially for the biggest resolution of 300 DPI. I like the shortcuts and this gives us a fantastic option to save time doing our creative work on Adobe Illustrator. It allows me to use my files saved in Dropbox without downloading them because I can browse them from Illustrator. I can open many PDF files and use them as a vector and I can convert any picture/image to a vector with simple steps. The best thing about Illustrator is you can use Photoshop files and InDesign files without any problem and you can edit them too with it. Also, Creative Cloud is an amazing deal and you can get access to a lot of cool stuff. Adobe website has a lot of free resources about how to use Adobe Illustrator and about everything related to design and creativity.

Cons

I would love to see the crop tool in Illustrator like in Photoshop. They can add some Photoshop tools to Illustrator for example "remove background" tool. But, after all, they are doing a great job and always I get a new version I really feel the change they made to the program.

Beris from OBD

Industry: Graphic Design

The best vector based program that I used

I use Adobe Illustrator presently to make and plan out online media content, print media, and web architecture. I am the main client, yet I am the one that the organization goes to with questions, demands, and so forth for ensuring that our substance is new, current, and present day looking.

Pros

As a designer you have loads of alternatives to Illustrator for creating 2D designs. But I can say for sure, that Illustrator is the easiest and best tool to use, it is very easy to get started and learn. Dealing with .pdf records and different sorts of picture documents is really great. I see this accommodating when I'm chipping away at various distinctive document types, so similarity isn't typically an issue for me with Illustrator. Illustrator offers very great similarity among itself and other Adobe programs, so I've discovered that to be an extraordinary thing when working inside the Adobe Suite.

Cons

It feels like Adobe items are made totally separately. Despite the fact that there are incredible preferences to utilizing these applications couple. They don't share console alternate ways, and there are different things that work one route in one program, yet work diversely in Illustrator. Illustrator is mind boggling and has a staggeringly steep expectation to absorb information. I've been utilizing it throughout the previous 8 years or thereabouts, and I feel I've just started to expose what's underneath. Adobe does an OK occupation of giving instructional exercises, yet you need to search for them on the web, and still, at the end of the day, you may discover better instructional exercises on YouTube.

Faisal Faruque from Freelancer

The Best Tool For Every Graphical Needs

Everyone recommends Illustrator. I also started using this because one of my friends recommended this. I knew that this is professional-grade software. However, I was a bit scared about the usability. It's because I am just a content creator and marketer. Not a professional graphic designer. I need a tool that will help me create graphics quickly and with ease. Illustrator is just like that. This I the go-to tool for every kind of digital creation. No matter whether I want a professional design for email marketing or just a simple design for my Facebook updates, it always gets me covered. This is the power of Illustrator. I need to manage a lot of online presence. Since I am a freelancer and kind of a one-man army, I have to work on the go. I can run this tool on both my Windows tablet and Mac workstation. This is a huge benefit. I know some of you are scared about it. Believe me, it's not that tough. If you sincerely follow some tutorials you will be able to make basic designs without any problem.

Pros

There are a lot of features in this amazing piece of software. However, I don't have to use all of them. I just use basic features like editing a free to use vector file from the internet. Sometimes, I design covers and banners for my online businesses. Illustrator handles these very well. I liked Adobe's consistent design language in all of its software including Illustrator. One I learned illustrator and now all other Adobe software seems easy to me. Because I got familiar with their user interface. I like the power of its vector design feature. It helps me to design a graphic that doesn't rely on pixels and can be scaled to any size. This is the coolest feature of Adobe Illustrator. Custom fonts and different types of brushes are also great for creating modern and complex designs.

Cons

I don't hate anything about this software. However, the software is a bit heavy. I don't need all the features of Illustrator. This is why I need a lightweight PC version of it with the basic features. If the developer makes something like this it will be amazing. Another thing is the crashing problem. Sometimes it crashes on my old low powered laptop and this is frustrating.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Once I used Microsoft Powerpoint for designing YouTube thumbnails and social media contents, like banners and so on. But Powerpoint is not a graphic design tool. This is why I missed many functionalities. Then I switched to Illustrator and I can work on a lot of free vector files that are available on the internet. Besides, I can ask anything to the large community of Illustrator users. The cost is another thing. I can subscribe to Adobe's Creative Suite and can use all of its bundled packages on all of my devices. This helps me to run my business cost-effectively. Besides, I am quite happy with Adobe's customer support. They are great!

Shasta from Palmer Gems

The most powerful vector art program there is.

I'd say my overall experience is very much love/hate. When I need it Adobe Illistrator is my knight in shininy amror, but throughout the general work grind it's too full of itself to be useful.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is easily the most powerful and easily extenisable vector art program available. Because of that when nothing else works you can usually always count on Adobe Illustrator to get the job done.

Cons

Due to the rather extmre learning cuve and often clunky interface compared to it's top compeitors for most general light weight tasks Adobe Illustrator is my last choice. Despite having years of experience with it the speed and ease that general daily tasks can be done in other vecotor applications is some times stunning.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Because when I need to work with complex heavy detail vectors only Adobe Illustrator can handle the work load. Affinity Desighner's poor usage of computer hardware renders it nearly useless for larage complex projects. CorelDRAW is far too unstable to use for anything that has a tight deadline. Inkscape is an amazing project, but it's still growing needs time to truly mature.

Rob from Robustas Engineering

A powerful suite for Web Designers

After growing up with GIMP as my original mainstay when learning web design, I had the chance to use Illustrator at an internship around a decade ago. From there forwards, it's been my go to for designing SVG logo/image sets purely through the ease to export the SVGs for cross platform/device use.

Pros

As a full stack web developer, the tools that illustrator offer for creating Scalable Vector Graphics is unparalleled. With the importance of creating media that 'travels' well between both mobile and desktop environments, you'll be hard pressed to an offering that fits all circumstances with the ease that Illustrator offers. The joy of exporting your SVGs so simply to fit wherever you need them has been honed (or perhaps even owned) by years of Adobe's feature rich development and progressive enhancement. From Macromedia Shockwave with Flash forwarding to HTML 5 adoption, Adobe Illustrator has been at the forefront of web media design.

Cons

As with any design tool, there's always a learning curve. Though, that be said, with the sheer amount of online tutorials and videos, its truly quite hard to find fault with Adobe Illustrator... Once you've got the basics, the sky truly is the limit.... From moving from GIMP (a great free choice), to Illustrator, I'd definitely recommend the jump across the the Adobe camp.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

While GIMP is fantastic for what it does for free, I was introduced to Adobe Illustrator at an early internship over a decade ago, and simply haven't looked back since then. The Adob Suite of products for Designers is constantly evolving, and offers one less worry in knowing that whatever you wish to achieve will be easily achievable/

Lance from Ars Nova

Industry-standard Vectoring Software

For the experienced user, Adobe Illustrator is a seamless experience. Almost everything that you need is readily available. The community a quite large and the online resources are endless. There are other alternatives such as CorelDraw and Inkscape, but the workflow UI resources and support you get with Illustrator just makes is not worth to consider other apps.

Pros

Compatibility is the keyword here. Most (if not all) decent design agencies, boutiques, in-house teams, press/printers and even freelancers use Adobe Creative Cloud. If your team is doing serious design work, you'll never go wrong purchasing Adobe Illustrator (along with the rest of the suite). And now that it is available on a SaaS or subscription-based model, Adobe ensures that you get the most recent updated version of the software as long as you/your team is under one of their plans. This is actually a great thing when you consider that everybody else using the software are also using the same version that you have.

Cons

The subscription-based model is not for everyone. Some companies would prefer to have perpetual license for software purchases. This is os it always have been with the Adobe Creative Suite until CS6. When they moved from perpetual licenses to 'Cloud-based' subscription model a lot of the smaller agencies, boutiques and freelancers suddenly found it hard to have access to legitimate Adobe Creative software such as the Illustrator. A lot of users think that the burden of paying $20+ (single app) to $50+ (for the whole suite) per month is a little bit too expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

It is one of the industry-standard design softwares. Using something else may present compatibility issues with external parties.

Joshua from NEEZERLINK TRAVELS & TOURS

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Excellent Design Software

My overall experience is awesome, because I wil stil use it other than other creative programs. It has a great edge over others because you can create any type of art right from scratch.

Pros

I like teh fact that as a designer, i can create a multitude of art work with Adobe illustrator, ranging from video games, brand logos and promotional materials. I like it because i can also use it for designs & topography such as business cards, clothing, billboards, artistic & stylistic illustrations. It is integrated with Adobe creative cloud which makes it easier for sharing my art projects and creative assets. I love its capability to create pixel-perfect designs, clear lines are automatically aligned to the grid. I get access to over 90 million graphics, images and templates through Adobe Stock. It makes me and other designers i know to start our artwork from fresh, clean pages and also easy to edit ready made artworks or templates. Also like the option where i can convert my designs to PDF files and other types of image files, which i find very comfortable to work with any type of format my clients request for. It offers great compatibility with othe Adobe programs like the Adobe Photoshop and Premiere. No bounds to the creativity i can imagine to make as long as you know how to make use of the tools.

Cons

It takes a while to load each time I try to open up the application. It also slows down other programs on my computer becuase its a massive program, especially when I have both Illustrator & Photoshop running at the time. Sometimes the main colour paletes won't show in the upper taskbar which can be a pain when you have to figure out how to get it, especially for newbies. The hotkeys are weird compared to other programs like photoshop, especially when you are trying to use hotkey to export. Not really suitable for beginners, requires training to know how to use. Sometimes I had to use google to figure out where some certain tools are when I just started using the program. Adobe lacks a full mobile verwsion of Illustrator, which would be very helpful & handy when working on mobile or on an ipad. The most recent version interface is very annoying as I can't find tools where i expect to find them, including critical tools.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I needed more tools to perfect my designs and also love the feature to mock up logos from Adobe illustrator to Adobe Photoshop.

Jeffrey from Photography Presets

Illustrator - the standard for graphic design

Overall my experience has been great. I definitely recommend AI if you are serious about design. It can handle any area of design and is a workhorse of a program - it is very flexible. But with great flexibility, comes great complexity. So, therefore, even though I have a pretty good understanding of how to use Illustrator, there's still more for me to learn after many years. Not to mention they always add new features. And I still have to take some time to creatively express exactly what I envision. For this reason, I also use Affinity Designer on my Mac, alongside illustrator. The reason is, Affinity Designer is much more simple and certain tasks are quicker with Affinity. However, anytime I need to do more complex stuff, such

Pros

The nice thing about Adobe Illustrator is you can do anything you want, as far as manipulating graphics and creating any digital artwork or illustration imaginable. It's so versatile in what you can do, that it also can seem very complex to the novice. But if you stick with it and use it consistently or take some tutorials, once you learn the ins and outs of Adobe Illustrator, you begin to realize what it's capable of. I have used Inkscape and affinity designer and though I use affinity designer (due to the simplicity and quickness at some tasks), I always turn to Adobe Illustrator when I need to do more complex tasks. I am old school, and typically like drawing by hand. The great thing about digital design is you can still get a tablet and draw by hand if you like. This is obvious to many people but some may not be aware or haven't made the jump over to trying a drawing tablet yet. If you haven't tried one and you love drawing with traditional media, you are going to love working with a tablet in Illustrator.

Cons

The biggest con I can think of is the learning curve. When first starting to use Adobe Illustrator is it can seem very complex. So when you're new, is a pretty big learning curve. With that said, I still am learning after 5+ years. For this reason, I recommend taking some tutorials or classes to understand what illustrator is capable of and for learning what every tool does. Taking tutorials also gives you an insight into how to creatively use tools for different purposes. I know when I first learned Illustrator. I had a good idea of what most tools did. But I just wasn't aware of the different use cases on how to creatively construct my artwork, actually using the tools. It was something that slowed me down, compared to just grabbing a pencil and paper and sketching out my vision. But once you learn to use the different tools together, you start to get a flow going and you get quicker with time.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

I chose adobe illustrator because it is well known as being a standard in the graphic design industry. So since I knew that it was one of the top choices, I started learning AI early on. However, over the years, they changed to a subscription model, which isn't ideal for everyone, and some may opt for a one-time fee software products. If that is you, and you don't demand the top of the line features and abilities, Affinity designer is a great choice. Inkscape is also a good free version, but I don't think the latest mac OS is compatible. But if you want the best of the best, adobe illustrator is it.

Sandesh from Fiverr

Fast and clear

I am currently using it from past 6 months and it has given me the best experience. It has also helped me to unlock new potential I had but could not discover it. My skills got better in terms of logo design and banner design which were so subtle and basic before I started using the Illustrator. I would pay the price to use this software if it comes to logo design, banner making and vector art - because of the cool elements of it. I'm fascinated by the sharp clear clarity on the vector art produced by this software. Wow!

Pros

I love the way art is manipulated into vector graphics because it can be infinitely enlarged and there is unlimited flexibility to make banners, logos, brochures, mock-ups, visiting cards to name a few out of thousands to millions. These allow Adobe Illustrator to be helpful for the vector art, hand-drawn paints, illustrations. I love the way the software is built - let me give an example - if I draw freehand on any sketch or an image, it traces in a clean and sharp path. Unlike in Photoshop, the path gets distorted. Basically I am a mechanical engineer and the flexibility this software has in storing or exporting the work to AutoCAD .dwg format is most appreciable. I love to work with this software for logo design, banner design, simple text illustration or typography illustration. As it produces vector art, the design or any work created from it is sharp, crisp and possesses amazing aesthetic qualities.

Cons

It is not like Adobe Photoshop which allows us to edit raster images to endless possibilities. It is harder for any beginner unless he/she knows the basics of Photoshop. One needs to understand the basics of graphics design to get hold of this software. The options are bit tough to understand and tools needs deeper understanding of graphic design. I did not like the idea of storing the images, it is hard for any beginner to choose from several options with sub-options. Swatch panel colours gets disappeared and I should go to settings to arrange them back. Cannot trace an image properly using the artificial intelligence inside Illustrator.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I was using Adobe Photoshop cs6 for logo design and typography banner making. But when I saw the potential and the flexibility the Illustrator provides made me switch to Illustrator for those works.

Samuel from Samuel Toss Teixeira

Illustrator, a connection to the past. But what does the future hold?

Adobe Illustrator scores above average, much more because of its solid foundation than current features. It is a program that, in a way, has stopped in time. (I still expect compatibility improvements) It is a program that you must have, or at least give it a try. There are many possibilities, if your creativity allows it. If you are a design professional or student, you should give preference to AI.

Pros

Writing about Illustrator is very passionate. One of the most important Pros of the program is its solid foundation, built over decades. Yes! Decades. Therefore, the main resources of the illustration industry are here. Shapes, Fills, lines, vectors, compositions. Ease of basic understanding of features. Learning curve, of the basic resources is fast. Numerous editing possibilities (the limit is your creation) high degree of SVG compatibility. These are, for me, the best reasons to use AI since 2011.

Cons

Against the grain, AI presents a high consumption of computer resources. RAM, VRAM, Processor, these are abundantly consumed by the program. The more you have, the more it will consume. With the exception of the SVG format, any non-native format will have serious compatibility problems, causing constant breaks. The learning curve for advanced items is complex and requires more effort than other programs in the same category. However, in my opinion, the X of the question is: Is Adobe Illustrator the program of the future for vectors? or was he stuck in time and his Status Quo?

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

My version of Corel is no longer supported for Windows 7. So we opted for the Adobe Design package.

Mark from A Willing Participant, Inc.

Steep steep learning curve, but you've got this

I think the previous two sections give you a good idea about my experience with Illustrator, but I can add that we would be lost without it in our toolbox. Making something that looks great and is able to be reproduced anywhere is crucial for us. Having the level of control you have in Illustrator is really unmatched. Cannot stress enough how important its role is in our agency's day to day work.

Pros

Basically, once you get the hang of Illustrator and its many many features, you can create anything you want. We use it for logos, transit ads, charts, you name it. One of the best newer features is the "Library" panel. This works with most all of Adobe products, and what it does is let you load up your fonts, logos, photos, type, etc. for each client you're working on and it's all right there for easy access all the time. Granted, that's not enough to justify the high monthly cost to "subscribe" to illustrator, but it's one more thing they have added over the years that makes you understand why the price is higher than not. One thing you can say for sure with Illustrator is you're going to get stuck at some point, too. The good news is there are built in tutorials you can refer to for guidance. Or just jump on YouTube where someone has probably figured it out. Exporting to any file type you need is a breeze, and setting up multiple art boards in a file couldn't be easier. Once you're set, get to work and see what you can build.

Cons

If you're on a budget, this is not your friend. The Adobe Creative Cloud does offer a lot, but you pay for all of that, too. I can't say I dislike the learning curve because I've been working with Illustrator for years. That said, if you're new, prepare to have your patience tried and your frustration to rise. That's ok, this gets easier, I promise.

Charlotte from Stouffville Toyota

Great for making LOGOs, VECTORs and more!

Adobe Illustrator has overall been an amazing product to use for my field. I am constantly creating graphics, images, posters or social media posts and will find myself opening Illustrator almost every day. Illustrator is also a very beneficial program to have as lgoos, vectors or images downloaded online will often come in an EPS (smaller vector file) or AI (Adobe Illustrator) file. Having Illustrator makes designing easy when you need to be very percise.

Pros

Wow, what an amazing software. Adobe Illustrator, although may look very intimidating when you first open it (believe me, I know), is such an easy-to-use software once you get the hang of it. But you really want to get the hang of it first. I have found so many online tutorials (video and articles) that demonstrate how to create vector images, how to use specific tools in Illustrator, and also how to learn the basics around the program. These are beneficial to someone like me, who has received some in-school training on these design programs but had to really learn on my own once I started working. The BEST thing about this software is the large number of online resources available (for FREE) for creating, learning and utilizing Illustrator in the best possible way.

Cons

Although this product is much easier to use the more you use it or the more you have classes/training, it can be very intimidating for those who aren't in a Graphic Design role. Myself, I am not a graphic designer, so sometimes this program really confuses me. Especially when I use other programs like Photoshop and InDesign. So, the biggest con I would say is the confusion it can cause. If you aren't a tech-savvy person, who will go on Youtube to watch tutorials on how to work on a program, then this app may be too confusing for you. The design programs require a lot of learning and patience to understand how they work. Especially a lot of on-your-own learning as Illustrator is one of those programs you learn as you go.

Scott from Scottmcohn.com

Old Dog, New Tricks

Overall, Adobe Illustrator has allowed me to supplement my artistic talent with true computer power. I am able to produce things I would never have been able to produce with my bare hand, and with intuitive speed and power, I am able to produce more and faster than I ever would otherwise, so really as a creative professional - what else can you ask for?

Pros

There may be newer vector illustration platforms out there that are born into the saas or cloud era, but Adobe Illustrator is a journeyman and still packs a wallop. I have tinkered with other software and there are some cute tools and bells and whistles out there, but for the pixel perfect execution that I need to build graphics or even certain works of pure art, there is no beating the bezier tool, workspace, and functionality that I've spent the majority of my career honing. And I would still say I only use the program to about 75% of it's full potential, there are just certain things I've been too lazy to watch a tutorial on.

Cons

I think for many years Adobe ran a fat operation and charged a premium on their suite that most entry level designers both needed, and couldn't afford. Their Creative Cloud offering seems to be somewhat in recognition of this, especially if you use the full software suite, then it's a value. But for one or two apps, it's just a monthly burden that never goes away (still an improvement on the craaaaaazy price tags they used to have for a license). It would be nice if at a certain point, you just owned the stuff. Though in their defense, they are always working on it and have consistently released full version updates and incremental fixes and now they are trying to almost become a creative lifestyle brand with all kinds of templates and stock and even acquiring the Behance artists' network...so it has become a bit of a club, and you get more than the tools. There's inspiration, and a whole lot of "freebies" to download for every app.

“An awesome graphic designing software with many tools”

Adobe illustrator is a wonderful software and its features are amazing. I am using this software for my graphic designing work and I use this software for video editing, web designing, making shapes, photo editing, and creating logos for my projects as well as for my university clubs which I have engaged in. It consists of many awesome tools. According to my overall opinion, this graphic designing software helps me a lot and I highly recommended this software for graphic designers.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator software has loads of options for creation and it is boundless. It gives me the output which I dreamed about and it satisfies me all expectations too. Adobe Illustrator consists of many tools such as After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere which give me marvelous functions. These tools can be easily learned if we touch with our basic understandings about their usage. I should tell that this software consists of a first-rate vector tool that can be used to create vector graphics and this software can be used to make high-quality graphics using these amazing graphics tools. This software is convenient with its price and adobe creative cloud package comes with it. This software is capable of creating graphs, charts, animations, and cartoons too. The continual software updates with immediate fixes and new features that help to improve this software are commendable. I love the integration of this software with other Adobe products such as InDesign and Photoshop as it helps me to get files and access them. I am so happy with using this software.

Cons

This software takes a lot of time when loading on my computer. I think that this software is hard to use by a beginner as it requires good training to use this software. Sometimes it is difficult to find tools on the interface. The hiding if tools over other tools are annoying and it is difficult to find out them and I am confused to open these tools in these times. Immense use of CPU and RAM. Those are the downsides I observed in this software and these issues should be concerned.

Braden from Best Packaging, Inc.

Industry: Machinery

A Graphic Design Must

Overall, I would rate my experience positively. I am the Marketing Manager for a small company, and do consulting on the side, both of which require me to conduct some graphic design. Although I am not a designer/artist by trade, I've found as our business and my consulting has grown I have needed to enhance my knowledge and skills in GD in order to "keep up". Although you can find work arounds, I would say that Illustrator is a great tool for anyone who works in the Graphic Design field, or even the periphery.

Pros

For an experienced Adobe user, this is an easy software to pickup because it is structured in the same manner as the other Creative Cloud applications. Tools and layering is all the same which makes it easy to adapt too. The greatest individual/unique benefit is that it allows for A LOT more freedom for design than, namely, Adobe Photoshop. The reason I compare the two is that you could theoretically use them for similar static graphic design purposes and get relatively similar end results. However, Adobe allows for far more functionality and flexibility to create and design static imagery, and is far more tailored to true artwork than editing.

Cons

Some of the functional tools are not as easy to manipulate in comparison to other Creative Cloud apps. Using Photoshop as a semi-comparable rival for static graphic design-specific purposes; for the application of manipulating objects and text, I found Illustrator to have a steeper learning curve than Photoshop. Since it allows you to delve into more aspects of manipulating the objects, and to create vector imagery out of anything (or just about) that you create within an ai document, I found myself inadvertently altering objects in ways I was unfamiliar with. To be fair, I did not take any formal coursework or tutorial prior to diving in to using Illustrator, all was self-taught after having more extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Prior to actually using Illustrator I had been "getting by" using Adobe Photoshop for my static graphic design needs, which is not its intended purpose. Once I committed to teaching myself Illustrator I immediately saw the benefits, especially for logo design and creating scalable vector images! I still use Photoshop, however now I truly use it in the fashion it was intended, for editing images not creating artwork.

Lauren from Bert Stern Productions LLC

Illustrating Beyond Boundaries

I have faith in Illustrator and learned how it behaves. I know it will continue to update, as other Adobe applications do. Best to keep that belief in it and push on with resilience.

Pros

As a professional artist and business creative, Adobe Illustrator has been an application well used in my toolbelt of visual software. From vector creations to typographic layouts, Illustrator never ceases to amaze me in terms of innovation. The thing I like most about it is the guidance it provides for artists and designers really shines through. Specifically, Illustrator analyzes and

Cons

I've learned that each software has a strength of its own. And it's best to understand how it works so you can maneuver through it without a lot of issues. That's why Illustrator really works for me. The only setback would be the brush types. I do wish the variance in stroke would expand more in terms of the lines it creates. I've noticed that the strokes would have lines within them, but would just be copied versions. However, I believe this is a minor issue and not much to dwell on!

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Aside from its popularity, I grew up with Illustrator and found great comfort in its works. I'm open to new software and have tried the alternatives. But none the less, Illustrator hasn't failed me.

Rodrigo from Dapa Sistemas Ltda

Many tools in one

In general I find this application very practical in the sense of the quality of the result and the ease in grouping and ungrouping elements, creating hierarchies and joining effects. It makes it very easy to grab assets from stores, disassemble, combine and create others. As I create Apps and Games, I see an enormous facility to work this in memory quickly, even in large projects. I miss the application allowing to return to a certain part of the effects set, change a parameter and repeat the whole stack. Example: you add a rectangle, move 30 degrees and change to red. You cannot go back to the first action, change from 30 to 15 degrees and repeat the rest. I don't know if any tools have this, but coming from programming tools with batch scripts, I feel that this would be very valuable.

Pros

The possibility of having several drawing sheets in one file is great, this makes it easier to keep related collections in a single project file. I also like the many options for importing and exporting formats, with asset profiles.

Cons

There are some things that I find confusing, as they mix what's on the project/file level and what's on the application level. For example, there are settings in the export profile that are saved within your ".ai" project, but there are others, such as the folder where "export to screens", which are at the application level. So you sometimes export to the wrong place, and you always have to know where you are exporting to, this confuses you when building game assets, for example, where there are sometimes hundreds of files in the same general project (several ".ai" ).

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

I tested Corel and found it too heavy, too slow to do the same kind of things that Illustrator does. Corel's price is also much higher, considering that Creative Cloud adds even more value to Illustrator. Let's be realistic: if you work with vector graphic design, you also do things with raster graphics or animations. Using nice and compatible interfaces, all included in one price (payable), makes other options irrelevant (my opinion, of course). I tried other free or open source alternatives and I didn't think they would outperform InkScape and fall under the same limitations. Professionally I am also VERY concerned that something I created can be opened again with 100% compatibility to change 10 years from now.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

InkScape is very good, lets you do a lot of things and is great for SVG, but in terms of productivity for big things, intensive use of memory or compatibility of file formats, Illustrator is unbeatable. I made the switch years ago and I don't regret it, despite Adobe's expensive price tag. Importing assets in ".ai" from asset stores is especially painful in InkScape, as it does many things in "compatibility mode".

Jonathan from Bold Artistix Creative Marketing

The Pro Graphic Designer's Toolkit

I use Illustrator for everything from creating logos and UI graphics to simple online posts for small businesses. The vector format is fantastic for being easily resizable without losing quality or the fine nuance of the artwork. While a bit difficult to learn, the toolset allows you do create anything you can imagine if you take the time to learn. Now, there's a growing army of competition, but in my experience, Illustrator is still the gold standard in the industry.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is pro software with a tremendous set of tools for vector graphics creation. Personally, I've been using Illustrator since I first started studying graphic design almost a decade ago. Each new version brings us a useful set of performance and tool improvements, but my favorite in the most recent version is the freeform gradient tool. I've always wanted for a way to place gradient points wherever I wanted, and now that's possible. I use it every day and it's speedy, highly customizable (as you'd expect from pro software), and so useful! It seems like such a simple thing, I'm surprised the feature wasn't available before.

Cons

Like all pro software, there's a learning curve, and Illustrator is no exception. On one hand, I understand that it will take time to learn and implement new features. On the other, I wish it was easier to learn and keep up with the changing tide of graphic design.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

I chose Illustrator because it's what I learned with. It wasn't until many years later that I found competing products like Affinity Designer and Graphic, but as long as I have my Mac with me, I'll use Illustrator because it's powerful, reliable, and I know the software.

Govinda from AIESEC

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Overall, I think it is a software that offers a lot of functions and provides value for money. It helps me with my learning curve and can visually represent almost anything you want.

Pros

Adobe illustrator is completely scalable and works well with designing logos and cartoons which is what I basically do. You also have in-panel editing which makes it better. It is user-friendly too.

Cons

The fact that it offers limited support for raster graphics and that it requires a lot of patience. The loading time is also very high, comparatively.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Primarily because it is the easiest way to generate and produce graphics. Also, whatever we make on this software is easily scalable and adjustable across any media platform one can name.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Because adobe illustrator had much more options that Inkscape. Ofcourse the amount I paid justifies what I get but still it provides more value than any other software.

Adam from Aw Creative

Illustrator is Creative Magic Sauce

I didn't enjoy illustrator when I first used it so I tried to bypass it by using web based design programs. However, as I designed more frequently for web & digital projects, laser cutting and engraving I buckled down to learn the shortcuts and functionality. WELL WORTH IT! I overcame the learning curve and mastered the design elements most necessary and now it saves me so much time and effort! I can't imagine designing without it now.

Pros

I love all of the features, functionality and utility. It is fantastic and essential for any design professional, laser engraver or digital web design. Learning the features and shortcuts is well worth the effort.

Cons

There is a learning curve and things are not always intuitive. There are so many functions, toolbars and ways to use Illustrator which makes it frustrating for many people.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Creative Suite is ultimate toolkit for modern design professionals so bundling Illustrator into the CS made sense.

Christian Edison from Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. - Mapua University Student Branch

Industry: Computer Hardware

Adobe Illustrator Review

Adobe Illustrators is an innovative vector-based program developed for graphic design professionals. This software used algorithms to draw shapes rather than using bitmap images to store data. That's why Illustrator's vector graphics can be scaled to any size without losing their overall quality or resolution. Adobe Illustrator makes everything from company logos to informative drawings to animated designs because of this unique design. It can print illustrations, produce beautiful graphics on the website and give users full control over their typography. So, I recommend this software and it is worth it.

Pros

1.) It provides an interface which will help the user: You have an extra degree of flexibility when working to design the entire workspace with Adobe Illustrator. Your interface makes personalized viewing possible. There is also an option to save space. Such processes allow you to work on your project in any way that is most convenient, while maintaining full control over all the options available. 2.) The Adobe Illustrator is compatible on almost any computer system: While Adobe Illustrator is not working well on mobile devices, on almost any computer system, it does an exceptional job. It can be used on Windows PCs or on items from Apple. Even from the early 2000s, if you use an older top-of - the-line option, it will work properly on older computers. 3.) It produces web and print graphics: Thanks to Adobe Illustrator, you can easily create print-ready graphics. With this tool, you can also create web graphics. It works in any screen resolution, offering a constantly updated tool set that allows you to relatively easily build professional vector graphics.

Cons

The only disadvantage is that you need to require lots of patience. If you're planning to design something that's interesting, imaginative, and you don't need a practical dimension, then Adobe Illustrator can help you put together something in no time. If you want to build something that makes people feel positive, then you need to give yourself plenty of time to work on the project.

SK from graphicrecording.ca

Considered an industry standard but with cons

I have solved a number of business problems with Adobe Illustrator and I am grateful to have it. In particular the tracing feature has helped me many times by translating a jpg to a vector-based image that is then perfect for design work, fully scalable and easy to send to print. Adobe Illustrator involves some deep investment and the problematic subscription system is causing it to lose customers but to its credit it is continually supplying users with new features and top tools.

Pros

If your thing is graphic design in a vector format, it has a collection of powerful tools that allow for endless versatility and beautiful final products and with each release this brilliant program just gets better. Yes, there is a learning curve but there is also a myriad of resources to teach a new user how to find their way around this program, which unfolds and becomes fascinating in its depth of capability. I studied Adobe Illustrator in design school and it is a pleasure to use. Work flow can be customized for an individual user. Endless features with powerful abilities. I personally value assets such as batch change and movable panes, as well as Adobe Illustrator's great brush library, endless fonts and a feeling of unlimited functionality for those committed to developing high quality vector-based design.

Cons

There is an online subscription fee with a high cancellation charge and people trying to unsubscribe meet with extremely frustrating customer support. Through its problematic subscription arrangement Adobe is creating a large number of bitter customers. In terms of the program itself, it does have occasional bugs that surface and more seriously, actual crashing issues, although generally Illustrator is great at saving work before crashing. It can run slowly on computers without high amounts (16 gigs) of RAM, and large files can take up a lot of space on your computer. These problems make Adobe Illustrator, which is considered a required program for all new graphic designers, also represent a sort of elitism that I dislike. Customer service failings and the feeling of being trapped in an expensive monthly subscription, along with the near-necessity of sinking at least $1000 into buying a high RAM computer, are not artist-friendly. Adobe didn't used to be like this. It's as if they know their suite of creative tools are industry standard and they are holding designers somewhat at ransom to their reputation, not a marriage everyone wants. However, while there ARE open source and alternative vector design programs for fledgling designers, including ones that are open source and not elitist in the way Adobe currently seems to be, these will also come with their own problems, in particular they will not have Adobe Illustrator's perfect colour-matching and ease of interface.

David from Devil's Party Press

Industry: Publishing

An Essential Tool for Graphic Designers

I often need to create vector-based art and logos. Vector files are advantageous because they can be scaled to any size with no loss in quality or resolution. Thus, if I need to create a logo that can be sized to 1,200% for a large banner, I can output a vector file in formats such as .eps, .ai, and .pdf that can be used by commercial printers. It's an essential product for this type of work.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator solves the problems that I need to have solved in my graphic design role. It enables me to create vector-based art and logos, which is essential for printed material. It is an excellent complement to Adobe Photoshop, and I use the two programs interchangeably, and also in harmony with Adobe InDesign.

Cons

Unlike Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator is a bit more complicated to use. However, I found answers to every question I've ever had (there have been many) on the Adobe Help pages as well as via Google searches. New users need to understand that Illustrator is a high-end design program, so the rules that govern its operations are more complex than what you would find in, for example, PowerPoint. However, those who are willing to follow the tutorials will find that Illustrator is an invaluable asset.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Having worked with Adobe Photoshop since 2002, my organization knew that it was a reliable program for developing graphics. For a number of years, we survived on Photoshop alone. However, now that we are in need of vector art, we find Illustrator to be the best product available. Its compatibility with the entire Adobe product suite makes it invaluable. It's an excellent investment no designer should be without.

“It creates your imaginations visually on media”

when you look at the price, instantly you will exclaim ‘oh my gosh’. As I explained previously, there are nearly 100 million images available in adobe stock, over 12000 fonts in adobe fonts, plus all the other features to run wild with creative ideas. Who else offers so much? Therefore my opinion is a designer can always make designs that can claim a value if you are using the license of Illustrator. At the same time, with illustrator you need just a fraction of the time in doing your designs compared to some others which will keep you way behind. Illustrator is definitely for professional designers and as a professional designer, will need to use compatible hardware to get the best use of AI .

Pros

Ai is ideal for professional Vector graphic designers. After many years of studies with the inputs of designers around the globe, Adobe has developed Ai to create almost anything that comes into billions of creative (or weird) minds. Just about anything. Once you pass the learning curve which would take months and months with all that learning material available (which is quite reasonable), then you can make your dreams visible to you and others too. But still you will learn, as there are so many developments and updates take place continuously. The Free form gradient, which is also a new addition, allows you to drop points of color which blends together to form rich color blends. Adobe font integration lets you select thousands of fonts and use the most suitable fonts that goes with the project. You just dream what you need and you get it in Illustrator creative cloud. With its three ‘snap to pixel’ options, it automatically aligns to the pixel grid the drawing, scaling and moving path and vector shapes. With their massive stock of creative resources in graphics, templates, images etc which are close to 100 million in numbers and are organized in Adobe Stock, designers can access and easily design templates for various jobs saving time for additional work. The ‘True size view’ and ‘Trim size view’ features are added benefits for the User. Features of Illustrator are endless if you look at an artist’s point of view. It can put into reality all the dreams of a creative mind

Cons

I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to call a wiper ‘a wiper’. The bad side of AI is it can just wipe off all other competitors in just one Illustrator stroke.

Suzanne from Freelance

Industry Standard For Good Reason

I consider Illustrator to be an essential program for anyone who works in vector graphics.

Pros

Overall, this is a wonderful program that has well earned its reputation as industry standard. When working with a lot of precise calculations, perspectives, exact distances, and/or alignments, Illustrator does most of the heavy lifting so I can focus on just creating great art. Working with vectors is a great way to create very polished and clean designs that are infinity scalable. Small file sizes are also especially handy because it makes it easy to make backup-copies of your layers at different stages in case you ever need access to an earlier version. Even if I've worked with huge dimensions or had hundreds of objects in a single file, I've generally only experienced serious lag if I incorporate non-vector elements to my file, such as placed photographs or special effects like drop shadows. Illustrator is extremely handy to use in conjunction with other Adobe products. I've especially frequently created a vector in Illustrator then copied it over to Photoshop or InDesign. When pasting things into Photoshop, I can create a Smart Object so that I can still edit it in Illustrator and it will then automatically update in Photoshop.

Cons

Some of the keyboard shortcuts, such as select/deselect all, are different between different Adobe products like Illustrator and Photoshop. While this can be customized by users, that isn't always possible in situations like one of my old jobs where I shared a computer with another designer and we constantly went back and forth between Illustrator and Photoshop. Improving consistency between Adobe products would allow for smoother workflow. The perspective tools can also be rather clunky to use sometimes. One of the most frustrating aspects has been if I need to use any shape-building tools on an object already in perspective - after I've used the shape building tools, I can no longer use the perspective move tool because Illustrator tries to reapply the perspective onto an object already in perspective. Another example is that the 3D tools don't automatically have options in the drop-down menu to work with the perspective grid in place. If you, for instance, want to extrude an object and place it into alignment with your perspective grid, you have to either do the math yourself to create a custom extrude, or you have to manually rotate and extrude the object without the use of the 3D tool. On occasion, I have also had issues with art dimension size limitations and had to copy to Photoshop to enlarge to the size I needed to print. I also dislike that this program is currently only available through subscription.

Ishak from Gtouch

The most powerful tool for creating vector-based graphics

Adobe Illustrator is one of the most important softwares that i use all the time, this is by far the best in creating vectors and it contains all the tools you need that other softwares does not have. from printing materials to web ads, i use Illustrator for all types of design work.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is the most flexible tool for creating vector-based graphics that allows you to design anything from scratch. It communicates and integrates smoothly with other Adobe’s softwares. Adobe Illustrator is definitely my go to software to create large format graphics. Adobe Illustrator makes it very easy to undo mistakes that you have made. It also works with both Mac and Windows.

Cons

Illustrator has so many features, so this tool is not suited for beginners who don't have prior experience with Adobe's softwares. There is a learning curve for this tool and it requires a lot of training and practice to get the most of it. when working with heavy graphics, Illustrator will eat up most of your computer's RAM and CPU and tend to crash, so you're going to need a powerful computer to run it correctly.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Unlike other programs, illustrator tutorials are everywhere.

samuel from Self-employed

Best Graphic Design Software for Creating Vector Graphics

Illustrator is great, perfect for Vector design, Logo creation, drawing Cartoons etc and it gets the job done and even do more. For a graphic designer, the software is recommended since there isn’t any better alternative. Once it’s features are mastered, one can easily play with the software and create something out of it.

Pros

Adobe illustrator is a great software for Graphic Designers to add to their collection. The software is made for creating a vector graphics and it so good at it. Over the years, I have learnt to use Adobe Illustrator to create project like Cartoon and Logo designs. It is a great software and it gets the job done easily. One of the best option for using the illustrator is the vector-graphic which makes design a perfect still quality, no matter how the design’s size is adjusted, the resolution stay the same. With Adobe illustrator users can easily draw a design from scratch by mastering the Pen Tool and with tons of other tools like the Pathfinder Tool, the software made it very easy to design almost anything and even beautify it with the color guide.

Cons

Adobe illustrator is great, no doubt one of the best drawing software out there, however the best can be too best.. if that makes sense. For beginners, Illustrator has so many complex features which are not easy to learn at all, even with knowledge of other Adobe softwares. The software is also heavy while operating, it requires a very strong PC to properly use without slowing down your operations or hang the PC while at it. Illustrator is just good for drawing, editing image isn’t recommended on the software, it lacks some basic features to edit image and working with layers on this software can be very frustrating.

Liam from OneHope

Vector Art for the win

I use Illustrator every day, opening it up is reflexive when I get to work. I've also taken advantage of the additional functionality available using it with a Wacom tablet and pen which opens up a whole new range of possibilities. My design skills have grown, just as Adobe has continued to grow the functionality fo the program over the years.

Pros

Illustrator is my go-to for graphic design, and it's getting better all the time. You can be super precise compared to editing raster images with Photoshop. In Illustrator, you can make cuttingly straight lines and big bold designs. The only limit is your imagination! Best of all, Adobe is rolling out new features all the time. The Puppet mode, trim view, and new gradient tool, just to name a few, are awesome innovations. You can tell they are not content with doing what they've always done, Adobe is learning and changing right along with us, and I appreciate that. The new layouts have also been a big improvement, as it's always been a challenge to have your perfect tool set up when there are so many to choose from.

Cons

Learning the many tools can be a big learning curve, not to mention all the new ones that are becoming available with every update. You can't fully appreciate the new gradient tool unless you've been stuck with the limitations of the old one for years. And even when you do master the controls, it's not a guarantee you will be pumping out amazing designs. At the end of the day, the tool is limited to the creativity of the user. But Adobe is doing what it can to make this software as versatile and powerful as it can be.

Burhan from KeepTruckin

Best Industry Standard Vector Designing Software, Period

I've been using Adobe Illustrator since I stepped into the software industry—almost 4 years now. The tool has no comparison to other tools currently available in the market. I mostly use Illustrator for designing illustrations, icons for mobile and websites, wireframes for mobiles, and print documents like brochures, business cards, etc. I now use Sketch for designing UI, but it's really hard to design icons there. So I design icons in Illustrator and copy those icons to sketch. This is the best tool and it's an industry standard.

Pros

Work on Windows, Mac, iPad, and even on iPhone with limited features. You can have multiple artboards when designing in Illustrator. A lot of tools to make your workflow easier. For building shapes, it has tools like pen tool, Pathfinder and shape builder. It has a dynamic gradient feature, which means your gradient is not limited to a linear or radial gradient. You can create a gradient with as many colors and as many points as you like and you can change the position of those color points too. Now our gradient colors can go into multiple directions. So no need to create multiple gradient layers and blend those. Advanced features to round the corners of sharp corners. You can make rounded corner by putting value as well as you can drag a small icon near points with mouse. One of the reason to use Adobe Creative Cloud softwares is their Echo System. You can use your work designed in Illustrator and directly Import in After Effects. You can also copy elements from Illustrator (Ctrl+C) and directly paste it in Photoshop (Ctrl+V). And this also works in Sketch for Mac. There are a lot of features like perspective tool, If you wanna create an illustration in a single or multiple point perspective. Blend tool, Mesh tool, 3d Effects and many more. You can also create symbols and changing in one place will change it everywhere. Exporting Assets are just one click away. Tons of shortcuts to speed up your workflow.

Cons

The long learning curve, especially when you have no previous design background. So expect to invest at least 6-12 months to fully master it. You have to fully grasp the core concepts of it when playing with paths and shapes. Joining paths perfectly using the grid may take time If you have not much experience with it.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 7,801 reviews