All Workamajig Reviews

Reviewed October 2021

So-So Agency Software

Wendy

Reviewed October 2018

Robust agency software for all your project management needs.

PROS

Many features bundle into one program. Your all in one solution for project management.

CONS

A little too robust. Scheduling portion can be complicated. Would be great to have more drag and drop features integrated and other views of the calendars available.

Hi Wendy, Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think of Workamajig! I'm happy to hear that your team has gained value from our product. I'd like to submit your request for more drag and drop features, and will have a member of our support team follow up with you for additional details. As always, please feel free to reach out to support@workaajig.com with any questions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Bill

Reviewed January 2018

A valuable tool that helps keep track of project schedules and milestones geared to creatives.

an overview of projects and their due dates organized by tasks.

PROS

No longer in flash, it is an elegant design that is easy to read. The customer support is good. They work with you and often bugs are fixed. Projects are clearly sorted by deadline.

CONS

It's great for simple deadlines, but It doesn't have any tools to sort out congested schedules. e.g. what software can stop someone from being booked 84 hours in a single work day. It's very manual. updating projects can be time consuming and human error with the interface has lead to scheduling errors. It's not very compatible with other common office programs (e.g. can't get it to sync for meetings in outlook and we don't want to use jig for all our meetings). This means we only use a small portion of the software relating to project schedules and budget. Hard to establish priorities. Some information is hard to find with their interface. (e.g. several clicks to find the task number required to enter your time if you are entering a task that you weren't assigned)

Hi Bill, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig; the areas that work well and the one's we can improve upon. We do have solutions to the specific concerns you mentioned, but I don't want to get too granular on this thread. I've asked our support team to reach out to you directly. As always, please feel free to reach out to support@workamajig.com with any questions - we're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ

Replied February 2018

Shelley

Great platform

PROS

Ease to manage capacity and see things in real time.

CONS

A lot of great features that we didn’t know about.

Shelly

Workamajig from a CFO perspective

PROS

The ability to download just about any information into csv file and analyze easily, without modification of formatting, into tables and pivots.

CONS

The slide in and out screens in new platform.

Hi Shelly, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig! I'm happy to hear that you've gained value from the ability to download any information into csv files. The sliding screen format is designed to create a breadcrumb path of where you are in screens that may have more details/drill down. You can also easily close them all by simply clicking on the left most panel without having to close each slide out panel individually. If you'd like to open each screen in a new window, you can simply ctrl+click the screen you'd like to open and it will open in a new window. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Beth

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

WMJ All Stars

PROS

Cross functionality and time tracking to projects

CONS

There is so much to learn! Even with Bootcamp, I feel like I’m just scratching the surface.

Yeliza

Reviewed August 2018

Great for Resource Management but not for Workflow

Overall my experience has been great for what I need from the software. The support team is pretty quick to response too.

PROS

I love the new Platinum version; it's so intuitive and easy to use. I practically live in Workamajig - it's where I do all of my scoping, resource management, timesheets and insertion orders for various mediums.

CONS

I don't like their workflow option. It's confusing and compared to other softwares, it's old school and clunky.

Hi Yeliza, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you love the new Platinum interface and find it easy to use. Please let us know if we can be of any service with questions at support@workamajig.com. Best regards,

Ryan

Reviewed August 2018

Worka-meh-jig

I try to use it as little as possible. From an interface that makes me pray that future generations never see it, for fear of embarrassment, to a completely average list of features, most of which are completely useless to me, I find workamajig is best and perhaps only suited as a time entry and billing platform. Strip it of all the bloated nonsense and I think you have a much better product.

PROS

Budget tracking. Time management. That it can serve as a single source for the entire length of a project, making it easy to track progress over time and locating assets from as far back as the beginning.

CONS

The clunky interface. The difficulty of navigation. That anyone can look at any diary post, regardless of whether they are on the job or not. That you can't download all attachments at once. That it still runs in Flash despite Flash being the industry standard from 10 years ago.

Hi Ryan, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Workamajig has released our Platinum interface, which is HTML5 based and we have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our training team is also happy to aide our clients in the transition from Flash to Platinum with complimentary training on the new interface. Our team is waiting to assist at training@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Marin

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Complex functionality, boring interface

PROS

Workamajig makes it easy to have time tracking, project management, billing, and more all in one place

CONS

Workamajig has so much functionality that the platform is overwhelming. The design is incredibly dull and made it hard to motivate a creative team to use the platform to track time.

Reasons for switching to Workamajig

For more functionality.

Ginger

Reviewed May 2019

Still new, but so far so good.

It works great for what we use it for now, I've never worked with customer service yet or had an opportunity to explore the full features, but for hours tracking, project management and budget, it works well and does all we need!

PROS

Workamajig is quickly being spread across our entire company to be used for budget tracking. project management, and to do lists. The budget tracking and project management is the easiest portion we use right now. It's easy to start a timer on a task, track my team's hours and ensure they are putting the proper work into our projects.

CONS

It's a little clunky, the interface is big and complicated. A lot of buttons and access points that makes the whole tool seem overwhelming.

Mathias

Bootcamp 2024

I’ve only been using WMJ for about 5 months so don’t have that much experience to go off of, but I’m excited to learn more!

PROS

WMJ is not a one size fits all PMS. It’s very much “either/or” which I think makes for great customization and easier usage.

CONS

Since this is such a customizable PMS, the amount of options or add ons can at times feel overwhelming.

Jesse

Platinum is Solid gold

PROS

Much more intuitive and user friendly. Definitely enjoy Platinum more than original

CONS

Some functionality in the original Workamajig isn't easy to find in Platinum though I do everything in Platinum now

Hi Jesse, Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig. I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the new Workamajig Platinum interface. We'd love to make your experience even better! if there is a specific feature you have difficulty finding - please let us know at feedback@workamajig.com and our team will be happy to check it out. As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ

Terri

Workamajig

Overall, my experience with Workamajig has been great. If there is something that I feel would make my life easier, they send it to the engineers who review, and add to the next update. If I have special reports that I need, but cannot figure out on my own, they create them for me. They have helped walk me step by step through the process from day one, and have made many updates and improvements to the software along the way that has been beneficial.

PROS

Workamajig is easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to train new employees. You can jump in using everything or ease in using different applications. The training staff is great at answering questions, and they are very helpful in getting set up, and walking you through various changes as your business changes and grows.

CONS

We chose to use our own server, instead of being on the Workamajig server. I would recommend that you be on the Workamajig server, as they make certain that updates are completed in a timely manner, and in the long run will make your life easier. This is not really something that I dislike about the software, but a recommendation that I would make to someone thinking about purchasing.

Hi Terri, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm happy to hear that your team is gaining value from Workamajig and that you found it easy to set up! As always, our team is here to help at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Workamajig is an excellent project management tool plus more!

I can't get into specifics on how our company uses Workamajig due to confidentiality reasons, but I will say the Workamajig team whether it is the leadership, support or engineering team is definitely a Class A organization. They put forth the time and effort to support their customers which is priceless in todays environment!

PROS

What I like most about this software is the ease of use for the admin functionality. When the business comes for updates, its easy to come up with a solve and address their business needs. We have expanded Workamajig use in so many facets of the business. Due to this and the automation that can be set up with other applications we are taking efficiency to the next level.

CONS

Teaching the business was a little bit of a struggle since there are so many ways to get to what they are looking for. Although listing this as a con, it can be taken as a positive also. People think and operate in different ways! URL's can also be supplied and set as a bookmark to help users out.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm so happy to hear that you're team is gaining value from Workamajig! If there's anything we can do to make your experience ever better, please feel free to reach out to support@workamajig.com :) Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Reviewed November 2018

Great for timesheets, but steep learning curve

PROS

Easy to track and change time for projects.

CONS

Not very user-friendly. There is a somewhat steep learning curve just to figure out how to locate projects and track time. Icons are small, unclear, and don't relate at all to the actions they represent. I also have problems attaching documents to diary notes at times. It seems like special characters (even dashes) set these problems off, but I'm not entirely sure because Workamajig doesn't always give me a clear diagnosis.

Hi there, Thank you for your review of Workamajig. Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting, etc. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward. If your project manager assigns a task to you, it will default in your projects and tasks and you would simply need to enter your hours. There are also a few other options for tracking time, and we'd be happy to review this with you. Feel free to reach out at any time at support@workamajig.com. We're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Jessica

Great if set up right - Platinum needs help

As a project manager it's been very useful in keeping project information all in one place. I've worked at another ad agency who didn't chose to have Workamajig help custom tailor the system to them and it failed miserably. That's not the case here and it works well.

PROS

It's easy to navigate and find what you're looking for.

CONS

It's unfortunate that you've decided to stop updating Classic Workamajig. Platinum has some great features, but because it's a responsive site (as it changes size), it's difficult for me to work with on my computer. I can't have two windows open side by side, Workamajig Platinum and another window (which I'm using to enter information from into Workamajig). If I have them side by side, I can't see the information needed in Jig, and Jig continually tries to resize itself and resubmit information via reloading the page when the window is resized. I never had this problem in Classic. Please fix this!

Hi Jessica, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig as we are constantly working to better our user experience. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

One of the only ways to gain a 360 degree view of your business

We have used Workamajig for over a decade. We first used it for its time management and project management functions, but then we transferred our accounting onto Workamajig and now have a complete dashboard for our business.

PROS

Workamajig is a fully integrated agency management, which means that you can see a direct connection between projects, resources, time, money and profit.

CONS

The CRM/sales component and the vendor management components of the software are its least powerful options. Also, the fact that data are kept in silos means we can't find correlations as deeply as we wanted, but this is mitigated by the fact that there are plenty of excellent and powerful reports and reporting options.

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As you mentioned, WMJ was designed to be an enterprise solution for the creative communications industry; we are happy to hear your firm is utilizing the full system and WMJ is delivering value to your business! We are continually working to improve our user experience and would appreciate additional details on how we could improve our CRM module. Our support team is happy submit enhancement ideas at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Rachel

WMJ Review- 3 years in

Our experience with WMJ has been mostly positive. It is always a transition to move over to a new agency and accounting software. They were very helpful during the transition with a lot of training and reaching out from our contact at WMJ.

PROS

Search bar feature-- I love that you can search for any vendor, vendor number, project number at the top of the screen quickly and easily.

CONS

Some of the reports are not as easily customizable as others. They ARE customizable in the new mainframe, Platinum, but we still use the Classic version. Eventually we will have to learn the new software and switch over. It could pose challenges, as they will no longer update the Classic version once Platinum is fully functioning.

Hi Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you feel supported by our training and support team. Our goal is to help our clients easily transition to the new Platinum interface, so we are happy to offer complimentary training on Platinum to aide in this process. Please let us know how we can be of service at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Andrea

Graphic Design, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2018

I only use the program to enter my time.

I use the program everyday to enter my time, is easy as long as I know the project number exactly; as soon as I miss a dash or extra space or in any way different from the set name, it takes for ever to find the info. It will be nice that I can add time in the same project line but at different times without opening a new line. The timer works good but once the window is open you can not get it to disappear, even when you stop it. So I don't use it. For my needs is good.

PROS

Clear display of information. Unce you learn how to use the basic functions is easy to use.

CONS

Not easy to find functions. When a new update is applied, is glitchy. Hard to find stuff.

Hi Andrea, We appreciate your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. I believe there is an available solution to make entering your time to projects easier. We'd love to review the WMJ project schedule, but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Our team is happy to schedule a training or review via email at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Samantha

Workamajig

PROS

Once you get up to speed, Workamajig is fairly intuitive. It's also nice that the jobs, time reporting, and billing are all integrated in the one tool.

CONS

The most frustrating part about Workamajig is its flash-based nature. The new Platinum solution is missing some critical features for our agency, so I'm not sure if this is a solution for us moving forward.

Hi Samantha, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. Workamajig Platinum has been completely rolled out in HTML5, and is designed to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate. We are offering free training on the new Platinum apps and would love the opportunity to review your use of the tool. We are always looking to improve our product. I've asked our support team to reach out to you regarding the features you feel are missing from Workamajig Platinum and the free training information. As always, please feel free to reach out to support@workaamjig.com with any questions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Bryce

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

Workamajiging Hours

It took a little getting used to at first but after a week It was no problem. Emails notifications are helpful when forgetting to put in hours. Only takes a few min. To enter in the time so it is much better than physical time sheets.

PROS

It’s easy to look up job numbers without having to contact administrators directly. I like that you can customize the profile with pictures. The copy and paste feature for projects recently worked on.

CONS

Changing the browser window size changes the format of everything. Hard to find workamajig platinum if you don’t already have it bookmarked. The requirement to change the password every so often is a hassle.

Hi Bryce, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we as constantly striving to improve our user experience. The browser windows change size as responsive design, so that if you're running WMJ platinum on a phone vs tablet vs desktop, it will change the user interface to make the most of the available browser screen space. Password settings can be reviewed with your firm's system admin. Please let our team know if you have any questions at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ