All BlueCart Reviews

Kimberly

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2017

BlueCart has transformed the order process for my managers! I highly recommend it!

PROS

The software is incredibly straightforward and easy to use. It is very beneficial to have all of our various suppliers on one single platform making the order process efficient and expeditious. The cost effectiveness and labor-savings have been substantial; totally worth the investment!

CONS

I wish every supplier that we ordered through was on the platform so we could continue to streamline our order process and benefit from the savings.

Thanks for the review and we're glad to have you as a customer! We're trying our best to spread the word and get suppliers on BlueCart as quickly as possible.

Amanda

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Customer service is very good.

Benefits: a user friendly platform that all of our admin and fulfillment team can access. Customers get a reminder email when their order gets placed, which drives down phone calls.

PROS

Customers are able to place their orders directly through the app which has driven down phone calls. We are able to archive orders in a digital platform that is accessible to our admin team.

CONS

I don't really have any complaints about the actual ordering process. We are however anxiously waiting for Blue Cart to be compatible with QuickBooks (desktop version) At the moment we are actually adding more time to our accountant team, who has to manually enter orders.

Thank you for the review and feedback. We recently made improvements to our accounting export functionality so that you can utilize accounting software import/export tools.

Philip

Reviewed September 2017

User friendly software with a lot of glitchiness

PROS

I like that it can be used from a cell phone and is very user friendly. It seems very adaptable to the supplier to change things they want changed. Very good customer support from Montana, Dave Lee and the others.

CONS

There were a lot of glitches when we first started using it (i.e. invoices printing blank, dollar amounts printing where the quantity amount should be, printed delivery dates were different than date on actual order, HTML code printing on the invoices) We still cannot use the numerical pad to enter amounts on orders.

Thanks for the review. Our Customer Success team was thrilled to know you appreciate their hard work. Our product team has fixed the problems you mentioned and is continually improving the functionality and user experience in BlueCart, we hope you like what we've done.

Replied May 2018

Kevin

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Stellar product for our business

PROS

Bluecart offers great service to our business. Whenever we request a feature, bluecart truly listens to our feedback and finetunes features to meet our business needs.

CONS

Some parts of the app are buggy but gets fixed frequently.

Lloyd

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2017

Bluecart is essential for the continued growth of our banana pudding wholesale business.

My productivity has increased dramatically thanks to Blue. On the processing side, I'm able to place or take orders on a weekly basis and edit them if needed. Any communication that needs to happen between my partner and myself can be done in each order so we have reference points. Analytics are vital for any business to effectively measure their performance and grow. Thanks to Bluecart I can see which partner performs well month-to-month, and I can find any areas for improvement to increase our sales with each partner. The real time updates from "Processing" to "In-Transit" to "Fulfilled" allows my team to be on the same page as our partners. The fact we can use it on our mobile devices or our laptop makes Bluecart the best app on the market.

PROS

The analytics and the easy-to-use aspects of the software are what I like most. I'm able to track my orders in real time, view how each partner performs and compare them month-to-month, and communicate with my wholesale partners effectively and efficiently.

CONS

Only thing I could complain about is that I get logged out randomly from time to time. I'm sure it's a minor bug they'll fix soon, but if this is the only complaint I have it shows how useful the app is.

Margaret

Food Production, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2017

A game changer for us! Customers order more now bc they see our entire list of products.

It was easy to implement, user friendly on a daily basis, the customer support team is very helpful and listens to us, and it's a needed tool in our toolbox.

PROS

The ease of use. It's how we manage orders through the production process. We use it every day. Also love how the customer can track where we are in the fulfillment process as they receive email updates when we update the status.

CONS

Some things we can't change ourselves. That said, customer service is very quick to help us make the change so it's really not a big deal. Just a little inconvenient. Overall, we love this product and tell everyone about it.

Thank you for the review and we're thrilled that you think BlueCart is a game changer for your business!

Katrin

Reviewed November 2017

Love been efficient and having Chef's easy access to ordering without the hassle of voicemails

PROS

APP availability, 24/7 access , reminder on cut off's, everyone in the know and on email confirmations, well trained and responsive customer support

CONS

constant market list updates, never ending follow about correct pricing with our vendors, which it would integrate with ADACO and FINTECH

Eliza

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2024

Buyer Beware: this is a 2 year contract, not a monthly subscription

Terrible. Disappointing. Inefficient. Disingenuous representation of what the platform provides, how widely it's used, and its value. BlueCart doesn't care about helping small businesses. They just want your money.

PROS

It seemed like it could be an affordable option that would allow me to offer online ordering to my wholesale accounts.

CONS

Set up was onerous. Lots of back and forth with tech team to iron out bugs. But most importantly, none of my wholesale accounts are familiar with BlueCart, so no one wanted to use it. After a few months, I submitted my desire to cancel my subscription in writing. No one responded to my first few emails until I reached out to a different department, at which and I was told that I would be billed monthly for the remainder of my contract (2 years), despite my complete dissatisfaction with the service. When I signed the contract, I read it and interpreted it as a 2 year contract that I could cancel at any point, in writing, with 30 days' notice. Apparently this is incorrect, so I am stuck paying for a service that has zero value for my company. I submitted a complaint with my credit card company, but even they can not get me out of this contract, which I did read... I just interpreted it incorrectly.

Reason for choosing BlueCart

Time pressure. I was preparing for a trade show and felt I had to show up with an online ordering option. This turned out to not be a priority to any of my buyers.

Sully

Farming, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2017

We have loved working with Bluecart! Everyone is so helpful and we love the service.

Our process is much better and has fewer room for mistakes.

PROS

We love how it has streamlined the sales orders. We use to get orders from a number of different sources and this has really changed things. We also love how much the staff has worked with us to implement things we needed on our end.

CONS

Lack of client tracking in the CRM features. Needs more things like salesforce for tracking leads and sending emails, etc

Dennis

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2017

BlueCart has been easy to deploy to my ABCO's customers helping us to increase sales.

BlueCart has allowed ABCO to deploy an online ordering system which allows us to compete with much larger companies then we are with little effort.

PROS

BlueCart has clearly been developed with the full understanding of the need to simplify the customer-vendor interface blending the needs of each seamlessly.

CONS

The ability load large amount s of data correctly is a time consuming process that often duplicates data records.

Mario

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2017

It's comprehensive and relatively easy

Easy to keep track of hour budget

PROS

Everything is in one place Can start my cart in my phone and finish it in the computer Easy interface in the computer

CONS

The phone app is not that great, I could be great if one could add products via mobile as well. The app sometimes while it updates it constantly takes me out of the cart, sometimes it evens send me to review a cart that was not started by me. Some orders either don't get send or don't get process we had a few of them missing. It's rare but it happened.

Devon

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2017

When we were recruited to try the product we were promised functionality that didn't yet exist.

Thus far none. It was suppose to save time in our invoicing process but was unable to help us with that since it lacked the capabilities to do what we needed to when we signed on although we were promised that it did exist. I would say we would have asked for our money back a while ago if she hadn't worked so hard to push the engineers to come through on the design capabilities.

PROS

Well, at this point there are no pros since we have not been able to utilize the program because the functionality we need did not exist. The only pro really is how hard she has worked to get us the product that we were promised.

CONS

There are a lot of really basic things that did not exist until they were designed for us. Just this week have I started to see the functions being implemented so that we can use the product. There are simple things that were completely illogical that have been changed on our suggestions. I would say the biggest con has been paying for the product for over 2 months and not being able to use it.

sandra

Reviewed January 2018

Blue cart has made things easier in the kitchen but it has ways to go before it solves all problems

PROS

Order sheets are great to get a kitchen organized, ordering is easy and we all have the information available at all times.

CONS

Updates on prices don't reflect on inventory sheets and this creates more work at the end of the month. THe system is often slow on responding and placing orders can take more time than needed. Our account support didn't seem as personable and lacked ability to help us navigate the system more efficiently. a lot of learning happened by us trying to figure it out.

Avi

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2017

Fantastic service, extremely helpful

Understanding food costs and the ability to realize our budget.

PROS

Very user friendly and easy to create edits when necessary, helped us as a new business get a grasp of our food costs and ordering system across multiple stores.

CONS

I don't like that there are two separate apps for sales rep and order placing. This part becomes confusing to implement with entry level employees

Thanks for the review! We're are happy to hear that BlueCart helped you when you launched your business.

Steve

Reviewed November 2017

Best system for order taking

PROS

Ordering Ease and elimination of mistakes. Chefs love it. Love the phone app. Customer service is the best

We are happy that both you and your clients love our app. Our Customer Success team appreciates the compliment and enjoys working with you and your team!

Dylan

Reviewed September 2017

BlueCart has done well for keeping all our ordering info in one place so all team members can see.

Inner-company communication on coffee orders.

PROS

Communication works well within our company to make sure everyone is on the same page. Information automatically updates, so I don't miss new orders. The app helps while I'm in the field.

CONS

There are some simple usability issues that I was told was because I'm on a PC vs a Mac. The app is good for basic information, but detailed info and functionality isn't there yet. Not being able to mark items as "staged" or partially complete also seems like a basic function that's not available. When reviewing individual orders it comes up as a PDF instead of items you can check off individually. I'm really hoping that the options to customize reports and how you use the online app come together soon.

Ben

Reviewed November 2017

BlueCart is incredibly easy and intuitive.

PROS

I like that BlueCart is fixing a big problem that I face as an owner of multiple franchises. The ordering process is frustrating, but BlueCart is doing a lot to streamline the process.

CONS

I wish it integrated with my back office software. I use Macromatix. It would be great if I could sync it with the orders I place and our inventory.

Ruben