All Epos Now Reviews

Wojciech

Reviewed July 2018

Excellent POS system for various types of business, expecially hospitality ones

PROS

- great 24/7 support team - elastic SAAS solution that can be customised for various business needs - cloud-based solution that can work on any device and any operating system

CONS

- pricing seems fine initially but the sales team constantly keep pushing for paid support plan - this might be expensive - As this is a massive provider, you might sometimes wait a long time for your new features to be implemented

Hello Wojciech, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have found our software to be so useful and that you have had the chance to speak to our excellent support team. We are consistently improving our software based on customer feedback so do keep an eye out for our regular software releases. If there is anymore feedback you would like to add we would love to hear from you at customer-engagement@eposnow.com. Kind Regards, Naiomi

Replied July 2018

Alex

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

North Walsham Town Football Club

PROS

Rang up on Saturday Morning as had an issue with prices not being updated on the till (turns out through no fault of my own) [sensitive content hidden] went through all the steps with me and even finished off the process for me making sure they were all correct ready for a big charity event we were hosting that day To add, EPOS Now even kindly donated 2 extra handheld terminals to help us deal with the volume of people we were expecting for our event. Every time we have gone to EPOS now with an issue or request [sensitive content hidden] and the team have always delivered

CONS

Not through any fault of their own but haven't used the inventory or ordering section on the back office yet so not sure how it works

Wanda

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Unsatisfied

PROS

Nothing they put everything beautiful to hook you up but then they disappear

CONS

No real support nobody answered to make changes or replacement s

Hello Wanda M, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. We requested further details in order to locate your account with a view to resolving any outstanding issues, please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at customerresolutions@eposnow.com. Thanks again for your share, Epos Now.

Replied June 2024

Jeanette

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Epos Now Review

Great experience and very helpful staff....

PROS

Excellent customer support, very helpful and friendly

CONS

I did not dislike anything, the service given by [sensitive content hidden] was brilliant

Kumarini

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great system

PROS

They’re excellent customer service and system.

CONS

Nothing to note for now. The system and customer service has been excellent!

Hello Kumarini Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us. Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy! Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team. If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out. Thanks once again, Epos Now

Michele

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Terrible Customer Service

This system isn't as good as the one we changed from. Our old system got bought out and we were forced to change and I talked to many reps and looked at reviews and I can say that I was misled. Our system is supposed to come with 24 hour customer service and it definitely doesn't.

PROS

Easy to set up and use for basic functions

CONS

No ability to set specific times for orders to be prepared by. With so many take out orders happening, it would be nice to have the ability to have a set way to tell the kitchen when an order was being picked up instead of using "notes". It is terrible that if a bartender adds drinks to a ticket, the ticket gets switched to the bartender's ticket. Now our bartender has to keep paper tabs for customers and give them to the servers so that the tickets don't get switched. The worst is the almost non-existent customer service. If you need help "fast", forget it. I've waited on average of over 40 minutes to speak to a tech support member. Once I get them, they are helpful, but getting to them is crazy. I've tried the WhatsApp with the same problem. I've sent messages and didn't get any response for over a half hour. They make it sound like you will get immediate help, this is absolutely not true. I feel like once you are past your first month, you are on your own...they really don't care about you or any issues you might have. I am very unhappy with my decision to choose this POS system.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

Sales Rep was better and I felt like there would be good tech support....I was wrong!

Reasons for switching to Epos Now

Ambur was discontinued

Derick

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2021

Worst POS you can get out there. Beware of the trouble after you sign up.

Probably one of the worst POS service out there. We still not open yet and they keep sending us charges. After we called in for many months, the customer service finally have someone reach to refund some of the charge. They assure us that there won't be any charge until we open. This month they send us another charge again. We emailed their customer relation, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to get those charge remove and no respond from them. If you own a business, do you want to wait days or weeks to get a respond from a POS service? They locked us in for two years and won't let us cancel the service so we will be dealing with these horrible service for a while. We would not recommend going with Epos now no matter how cheap they offer you. Beware of the trouble ahead with this company.

PROS

It's the cheapest choice compare to the other competitor. Probably the reason why they don't have good customer service.

CONS

The worst customer service ever. Very challenging to get a human on the phone for help. Save yourself the trouble and get a different one.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

I saw an ad on Instagram and it was on Sales.

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Scammers, beware of them

I would never touch them again. They are hard to contact during critical times of business, many of their staff are clearly totally inexperienced and inept, their management clearly doesn't care.

PROS

It worked moderately well, but not all the time

CONS

Months after my contract ended and the account cancelled, Eposnow continues to steal my money every month and refuses to process the refund I'm entitled to. Multiple phone calls have made no difference as it appears their system and/or management have in place the process to deliberately and fraudulently grab all the money they can. Stay clear if you value your money.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

I was conned by a sales person who only told part of the story

Julie

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

Illegally taking money out of my account and refusing to return be aware money grabbing company

Frustrating and not getting answer for they mistake

PROS

There is not much to like about this company

CONS

I did all my obligation cancel everything on time still got charged for year in advance now they refusing to return my money 6 months later

Hello Julie L, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. We requested further details in order to locate your account with a view to resolving any outstanding issues, please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at customerresolutions@eposnow.com. Thanks again for your share, Epos Now.

Replied June 2024

Jeewantha

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Epos helping me

PROS

The training program was really good and the team helped me process via all steps. Next was the service team. They have always heard my inquiries and helped me where they can.

CONS

With the correct economic crisis it’s best if they can relook at pricing

Romina

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Poor Service

Bad experience 5 mos of calling for my refund until now trying to reach and get it.

PROS

None poor service.. I havent use this then its hard to get my refund..Close account October 2022. Till debitting on my Bank

CONS

Poor service .Always doing some follop ups

Reasons for switching to Epos Now

Hello Romina L, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues. please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at customerresolutions@eposnow.com. Thanks again for your share, EposNow.

ADRIANO

Reviewed November 2023

Eposnow Eposo never again

I have been working in hospitality for 17 years and i never saw such a poor service, eposnow is not ready for hospitality the system is slow and luck a lot of features that other system have, you cant even print an item in multiple printers how ridiculous. they promised me that the credit card surcharge would have be available from September 21st but they didn't deliver, the surcharge was available only one month later and in order to charge the surcharge to customers they would have to tap their card again to pay the surcharge, so i decided to switch eftpos and now they wants to charge me a premium fee stating that i fail to mee my contractual obligation but who failed first? is just a rubbish P.O.S people don't buy this is going to ruined your business

PROS

split checks, really the fact that you can split check by covers is the only thing I like here

CONS

customer service, poor ordering proceeds, poor communication,

Reason for choosing Epos Now

Just because was cheap, but i guess you got what you pay for.

Tatiana

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Don't Do it! Go with another POS

horrible im lucky if I get a response. Still waiting on phone calls from them its a sad company that robs people of their money.

PROS

It looks nice thats pretty much all I can say about it.

CONS

customer service is a joke, I've sent so many emails and called and keep getting bounced around. They are charging me when I didn't get my system for a month and half got my CC company set up and said I would here from Epos Now to finish the final step and nada. I even got charged for not doing the integration of the cc payment per terms and conditions which I did and called asking them to help me with the final step and nothing. I just want to be refunded bug waste of time and money. I need a new POS company and im 9 days away from opening which they know about. Don't throw your money away with this company check the BBB on them they have well over 30 complaints with similar situations.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

The rep was good with a bunch of promises and thought it was exactly what we needed. Even [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Square Space had warned me

Jerica

Farming, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2017

Difficult implementation, but lots of potential

We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.

PROS

Sales interface and usability for transactions Overall look and style of equipment and graphics Price for value Mobility and Flexibility

CONS

Misleading information during demo/search process Unreliable support during implementation Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Perlita

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

NONE EXISTENT Customer Service!!

Contacted EPOS now invoice department for an overpayment of £48.00 that we have made when we have already informed them that we were closing and which they have acknowledged. Despite several attempts thru their web tickets, they have just ignored us and have not made any attempt to get in touch with us. Called their sales department,surprise,surprise somebody answered !! I asked them to put me thru the invoice department and somebody answered with a fake American accent. Called again they can probably see my same phone number and refused to answer my call again. They’re good at taking your money but not interested to credit you back!! Will only answer if it’s sales and if your potentially a new customer. Don’t entertain EPOS now if you want a human customer services support .

PROS

Software overall was functional to our retail shop.

CONS

Customer service was non existent. Apart from Sales, you can only get in touch with them through a web ticket which another reviewer have noted that they don’t reply to. They are only interested to talk to a new customer and a potential sale! In short they can’t be bothered and don’t care about the concerns of their existing customer. We have now potentially lost £48.00 of overpayment but I’m glad that we don’t have to deal with such an awful customer service! The fake American accent of the male sales person was terribly bad.

Fran

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees.

PROS

We purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1. When we tested the labels we'd printed, we found that none of them would scan, which was a major problem for us opening the next day. One of the Customer Support had been working with us already through weeks of a difficult installation in our Gettysburg shop, and when we realized the issue with the labels not scanning, he had already gone home for the day. It was a Friday night, and we were in a panic. Thankfully, a lady working your call line was able to reach out, and that customer support went above and beyond the call of duty, working with us for literally hours, ultimately discovering a bug within Google Chrome that was causing the issue. He then quickly fixed the problem, allowing us to print labels for all of our hundreds of hats and to open on time the next morning, with our system fully operational. Since then, continued to be quickly responsive to any issues we have encountered. We have been meaning to write this letter for some time now, but opening a new shop has been all consuming. We are ever so grateful to the customer support and feel that he is a true asset to your company. He is patient, personable, and calm, and a fine representative of your business. If he were our employee, he'd most certainly be first in line for a promotion.

Neil

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

DO NOT BUY EPOSNOW

Terrible. The software is poor. It can’t perform basic functions. Other functions disappear randomly and then it is pot luck if you get a support member who is able to help.

PROS

Nothing. I inherited this system. The support was never able to help with any issues I had. It was basic issues. I managed to figure some out myself and had to get by not using the other features until I eventually switched.

CONS

I was mis-sold from day one. Sold an expensive support package that I did not require. Sold an extra licence for a one off fee (or so I thought) turns out it wasn’t actually for what I was told. They don’t know what it was for but also won’t refund. They randomly charged me more than double my payment and when I complained they told me it was because I increased the amount of licence’s to three but agreed they had no record of me asking for this. I complained August 2023 and the complaint is still ongoing.

Reason for choosing Epos Now

I didn’t. I inherited this system. I switched to ACR.

Hello NEil P, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date. I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues. please feel free to reach out to me and my team directly at customerresolutions@eposnow.com. Thanks again for your share, EposNow

Laura