All Fishbowl Reviews

Billy

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Great investment

We have saved quite a bit of time with Fishbowl compared to our previous software.

PROS

Fishbowl is simple to use. Everything is easy to find. Search features work well. All facets integrate well.

CONS

It’s been a bit of a struggle to integrate all aspects of our diverse business.

Price

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Fishbowl had more to offer.

Matthew

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Bulk Equipment

The roll out period and training could be more structured.

PROS

Ease of use. Cost effective. Simple to train on.

CONS

The sell ware integration to Shopify. I used Fishbowl in the past and the direct back-end connection was beneficial, but no longer exists.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

Cost, we are still considering a full ERP solution.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Limited capabilities to manager the warehouse and inventory functions

Alicia

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Beware! They will force you to purchase a service contract for their faulty software

Fishbowl has not resolved problems with their software that existed since we started using it in 2013. It appears as though they do not want to resolve software problems in order to force customers to purchase service contracts.

PROS

Inventory tracking features. Fishbowl wikipedia is somewhat helpful.

CONS

No support without a service contract even though the problems are inherent with Fishbowl software, not caused by the user(s). Some of the sales and technical staff are rude/disrespectful.

George

Warehousing, 2-10 employees

Overall review of FB

Your senior support team like Brison are what keeps FB working at an acceptable rate. Overall, we finally see improvements in customer support.

PROS

Pricing and affordability. Extensive training not required for all employees.

CONS

Plug-ins not working. spent countless hours fixing Plug-in issues. Then we had to dish out another 6k for sellware after we already paid for the original plugins. Not a way to do business.!

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

Price was reasonable, No extensive training required.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

We did not want to depend on inhouse staff due to constant personnel changes.

Tonia

Medical Devices, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Streamlined Organization

PROS

It had most of the features we were looking for. Efficiency

CONS

No way to have tracking auto pull in from supplier

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

More features that worked with our business model.

Thomas

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

ShipExpress Support

PROS

The technical support in particular [sensitive content hidden] were attentive and professional in resolving my issue.

CONS

The issue was with a Global shipping selection for Saturday Delivery. This box try's to dictate all of your shipments arrive on Saturday when checked.

Michelle

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

A Great All Around Product For Inventory

Fishbowl has helped us save money by being able to control everything from inside and not having to hire multiple 3rd parties to make connections. Fishbowl continues to add and upgrade the software to what consumers ask for.

PROS

Fishbowl software is easy to use. I like that you always have step by step instructions and some videos to help guide you. If you don't find what you are looking for, all it takes is an email, and support helps you as quickly as they can.

CONS

The only negative issue I have while using Fishbowl software is with the reports. Even though they have multiple reports to choose from, I feel as some of them can be upgraded to include more than one product a t a time. Example, when searching for a product that was sold on a particular day, and you have more than one size of the same product, it would be nice to be able to select as many products as you want to look at versus one at a time.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

The company I work for will have multiple users at any given time, the other big named software could not handle more than 1 or 2 people in it, or it would freeze up. We had to adjust our schedules to get work done which was very frustrating. We started out with Fishbowl in 2017, switched over to the big name in 2018, but after a few short months, we made the switch back to Fishbowl in 2018, as it is the best option for what we need and can accommodate our inventory management. We still have the big named software but it is only used for accounting.

Thank you so much for this review, Michelle. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience has been satisfactory and will take your suggestions into consideration while we continue to make improvements.

Replied March 2022

Justin

Building Materials, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Terrible Decision - Worst Customer Service - Try Anyone else!

Not only did Fishbowl fail to provide adequate communication during the entire process, but they also refused to give me a refund. It's outrageous that they charge such exorbitant fees for subpar service. I highly recommend avoiding this company at all costs and switching to Netsuite instead. If anyone is considering switching to Netsuite, please reach out to me. I will do everything in my power to help others avoid the mistake I made by signing up with Fishbowl. Shame on this company for their unethical practices and shame on [sensitive content hidden] for being a liar and thief. Stay away from him at all costs if you want any chance of success with Fishbowl.

PROS

The only pro is that its an ERP system that can integrate with your existing QuickBooks, but its not worth it. So please go to someone else.

CONS

I had the unfortunate experience of working with [sensitive content hidden] as my account manager from Fishbowl. From day one, he boasted about being the best in the industry, but I can confidently say that I've never encountered a worse representation of a company. During our implementation process, it would take [sensitive content hidden] 48-72 hours to respond to my inquiries. This delay not only hindered our progress but also showed his lack of dedication and professionalism. He lied about his capabilities from the start, painting himself as a competent account manager when in reality, he's no better than a shady used car salesman. Despite expressing my concerns about the importance of timely communication for my business, [sensitive content hidden] continued to ignore me. It was clear that he had no regard for my needs and only cared about making a quick sale. As a result, I decided not to continue with Fishbowl and switched to a more professional ERP service like Netsuite.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

I made a big mistake. I ended up switching to Netsuite.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Big Mistake I wish I stayed with quickbooks online, but I eventually switched to Netsuite.

Louis

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Fishbowl Manufacturing Software has proven an invaluable inventory management tool for our team.

Fishbowl Management software has offered our team a complete supply chain management and physical sales tracking system in one convenient system . In this time especially , we understand that organization and efficiency are paramount to surviving let alone prospering and we are thankful to Fishbowl for helping.

PROS

Our team found both these ease of use and relative ease of integration to be among the most attractive components of Fishbowl. The variety of modules allow close monitoring of essentially every aspect of physical asset tracking . With Fishbowl we can organize warehouse parts inventory , print labels,and organize purchase orders which organizes our supply side. Fishbowl's sales side module allows for effective tracking of lead times as well as sales item forecasting so we are never behind on available inventory .

CONS

Fishbowl Manufacturing software at this time time requires the use of a server which we had to supply . In exchange for all other features , we see this as a nominal and not inconvenient requirement as at the time we were adding new computer assets. This requirement may not suit all smaller companies.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

We selected Fishbowl Inventory Management software over alternatives for its comprehensive module options which allow for a complete organization of our office and warehouse now optimized with a primary consideration to sales output and production. We could not ask for more in this area of business operations.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, Louis. We appreciate your business and are happy to know that your experience has been satisfactory.

Replied October 2021

Tray

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Review after 7 years

Overall has been good, as long as willing to spend significant time learning thier system without any help

PROS

Migration to SQL database allowing integration with other systems.

CONS

After selling to a larger company, support is almost non existant, if your small thet dont seem to care. Have tried to book many support sessions and never any availability unless you want to wait 2+ months. Good luck getting them on the phone, the chat works and will waste an entire day trying to explain any issues

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

Ability to handle complex manufacturing process.

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Old system reached end of life leaving no alternatives.

Christopher

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Software that's 70% complete

From jump, I found out that atleast 50% of what my salesperson told me was completely fabricated or at the very least, extremely misleading. Customer service is non-existent. Earlier today I spent 2 hours on hold waiting for someone from tech support to help me. I email my rep and he doesn't email me back. I call him, he doesn't answer and he doesn't return my call.

PROS

I liked the interface, the ease of use and how it synched flawlessly with Quickbooks.

CONS

This is so close to being halfway decent software but there are just so many odd little quirks that keep it from really being a powerful tool. Just one example - if you move a piece of inventory that you've had in your warehouse for 6 months from row 1 to row 2, the aged date resets to zero. This makes it effectively impossible for you to track your aged inventory. If you want to look up a part that you don't have in stock, you need to do an advanced search, check a box that you're looking for something not in inventory and then search for the product. If you're looking up 10 products in a row that aren't in stock, you need to repeat those steps each and every time.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

A coworker liked it and I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Kevin

Retail, 11-50 employees

User Friendly ERP System

PROS

Easy to use, and thorough support documentation

CONS

Cost seems high for the program when compared to other services

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

More integrations available for all of our needs

Reasons for switching to Fishbowl

Built in Integrations and easier to use platform

Dennis

Used free trial

Reviewed May 2013

We are a Head Start agency that uses FishBowl to purchase, track, and issue inventory to 60 Head Start classrooms and agency departments. Our system uses SharePoint, which is accessed by each classroom/dept. to place their order which is in turn sent to the approving supervisor. Once it is approved, it goes to the Purchasing office were it is imported into FishBowl (all done electronically within the magic of computer land...and the IT department). We started looking for new inventory software when the software we had did not support the Windows 7 that we were upgrading to. We needed a fully integrated inventory software program that not only supported our classrooms, but would provide the Finance dept. with the information they needed. One of the features I like about FishBowl is that as soon as Purchasing processes the classroom/dept. request, an email is sent to the requestor letting them know Purchasing has received their order and it is in the process of being filled. When the order has been shipped, another e-mail is sent to let the requestor know the order is on it's way. This email feature has greatly reduced the number of calls received from our classrooms requesting status on their order and when it will be sent to them (I really, really like it). We have set up reorder points and default vendors, which makes placing orders to replenish warehouse stock easy and nearly effortless. Each vendor has their own part unit of measure and unit of measure conversion, which makes processing receipts magic (well almost). The tracking feature on a warehouse part has helped to track expiration dates on food (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.). The expiration dates are printed on the packing slip that goes out with each order and helps us resolve expiration date issues. FishBowl will also let us know an item is nearing its expiration date prior to processing the shipment. Another feature of FishBowl that has come in handy is the ability to monitor specific warehouse stock. I use the feature to monitor our milk products (Soy, Lactaid, Rice Milk, Goats Milk, etc.) to make sure we have enough on hand at all times to ensure we receive Federal reimbursement for meals served. These items are monitored on a daily basis due to their sensitive nature. The Dashboard tab provides a quick synopsis of sales, purchase orders, RMA,s etc. The first two FishBowl tabls I look at are the Monitor and DashBoard tab that will let me know the health of our inventory and status of orders. Thumbs up to the programmers that wrote these features into the system. Sales orders and back orders are easily maintained and monitored. I can process order requests, and hold them until such time as I need them to be processes for shipment. FishBowl provides us with reports on classroom expenditures (food/supplies or combination). We maintain two warehouse identifyiers to identify our supply items from our food items. There are custom fields that can be added to input processing that can further help in processing specific types of reports and tracking data. Prior to using FishBowl we had trainers from FishBowl give us module by module training and help us set up and transfer data from our old inventory system to FishBowl. I cannot say enough good things about the help we received. Note: The online help and training is a great resource also. FishBowl provideds many features which we are utilizing and others that we will grow into. FishBowl has a different look and feel from the software we were using, but once we started FishBowl, it has become second nature. There is so much more about FishBowl than there is space to write this review. If you need more information please contact me.

Mike

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Dishonest, No Integrity

PROS

My software implementation specialist was friendly.

CONS

I wish I would have thoroughly read these reviews before making the awful decision to give fishbowl a try. I had been in the market for this type of software for a while and had a long conversation with a fishbowl sales rep who promised me that fishbowl could do exactly what I was needing. I was hesitant, because it did not seem like this was true, but he promised me they could do a "custom build" that would address my company's specific needs. Most importantly, he assured me over and over that I could get a full refund if it turned out that the software was not a fit for my company. He promised that I would be able to go through training, implementation, and use the software for a full 30 days after the end of training to decide if it was going to work out. So I spent countless hours over the next several months in the training and implementation of the product. Throughout the training, I expressed my doubts that it would work out, but I had hopes that the "custom build" would be the solution. Training concluded, implementation began, I tried my best to make this thing work for my company, but we were approaching the money-back deadline, no custom build had been provided, and I could not see any way this software would do what I needed. So I attempted to contact my sales rep multiple times via email and phone but got no response. Miraculously, four days AFTER the deadline, I was finally able to communicate with someone who informed me that my sales rep was no longer with the company and that I had missed the deadline for a refund. So let's try that custom build now and see if that'll work. So we did, and to no one's surprise, it was still useless. I again asked for a refund at that point but was denied - "past the deadline." And all this communication was by email because they refuse to offer a phone number to actually speak with someone. So after a complete waste of $14,000 and about year of my time, I'm right back where I started, except poorer and older. I would STRONGLY advise thinking twice before entering into any relationship with fishbowl.

Dan

Reviewed May 2017

Fishbowl Inventory & Manufacturing: Not great for custom manufacturers...

Inventory management is a breeze, great for warehousing and manufacturing bigger build products, the modules, and UI is well thought out, and very logical, they did a great job with it. They have great eCommerce integrations they added on for magento and amazon which makes it more powerful. The fact that you buy the product up front (with a year of support that can be renewed) makes it seem like you are saving money by owning the software, but you'll need to upgrade every year until the software does what you want it.

PROS

It's great if you are manufacturing the same thing over and over, so you need 500 or 1000 widgets made the same way. It's a pretty powerful tool for warehousing and inventory. It costs for just the warehousing, plus users and add-ons. They'll give you a discount if you ask them, but you almost should just go with a saas program you'll get quicker updates. fishbowl you can save lots of money down the road if you don't buy there support package. They have a pretty good product development team, but it takes them at least a year it seems like to roll out any useful new features you talk to them about.

CONS

Very challenging to set up, learning curve is huge in my opinion. The BOM stages work for the most part, but you'll spend a lot of time in a sandbox database seeing if what you want works (if your doing multi stage builds) If your doing 1 to 100 of anything, and what your making varies order to order, I'd recommend some other software like ordoo, shopvox, or corbridge. They are alot quicker to set up on the

Yosef

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

STOP HERE!! Be careful!

Im warning any business here. PLEASE STOP HERE and listen to this. I’ll put the list of things that I experienced with fishbowl, after that make your decision. 1) The experience with the salesperson was very tough. The guy was very inpatient and didn’t answer my questions. I was exhausted from work and the search for inventory software and decided eventually to go with them even though I had the red flag in here already. 2) when I started to set up my account (and of course before that too) I was explaining about the way my business operating and the fact that I’m only a service company who doesn’t charge my client taxes (like many home service companies in California) but paying the taxes to the distributor as am the last materials purchaser, but they didn’t really listen to me. After realized that when RECEIVING I can’t add sales tax I was asking fro solution. It was few days before the end of my 30 days refund. 3) Here everything started, I told Fishbowl that the software will not work for me and from this moment they ignored my messages, my calls, my email. As soon as something happen guys you won’t hear from them. Tip: - DON’T use them - you have other alternatives like Inflow & Finale which are way better and cheaper. If YES: - ask for at least 120 days for refund. make sure you read the contract many times and ask for changes before you and them are signing for it. It will take you a while to set up the software. 120 DAYS MUST.

PROS

The app is looking ok and easy to use, actually the only good thing I found and it took me a while to think about something.

CONS

- Software looks from the 90’s - CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DANGEROUS to this country. We all need to make sure companies like that are not existing in AMERICA. - software is really hard to use - not enough barcode sizes - the set up guys are very unprofessional and doesn’t think out of the box - the software is very square and can’t be customized AT ALL. - TOO EXPENSIVE - they really don’t care about their clients. But really. You can’t even imagine.

Reason for choosing Fishbowl

They did suck a great job marketing. They are all over so I though they are good. I’m was exhausted from work and from looking for a software.

Leanne

Reviewed March 2018

Very tough start, but once up and running, seems much more friendly.

PROS

Search function is amazing! Really like Fishbowl for the most part. Ordering, inventory tracking, automatic updating, etc.

CONS

1) Can't look at a part and see how many times it was ordered easily. Have to go in and out of the purchase orders. Would like to look at a part, see how often it was ordered and from whom, how many were ordered and how much we paid in a simple list form. Right now I only see the PO/Vendor without any of the important details like quantity ordered and cost. 2) I also think the Revision for an item should follow the part. It does not. There is a revision field that shows up on the purchase order, but doesn't print anywhere AND is not the same field from the Part Detail screen. In a manufacturing environment the revision for any given part should follow the part around the database, including onto purchase orders so the vendor knows what to fabricate. Right now I have to manually enter the revision on the vendor screen. The revision from the Part Detail screen should automatically populate on the Vendor screen for said part so that when the item is ordered, it appears on the purchase order . 3) I find the documentation sometimes lacking detail. 4) I'd also like to be able to create custom reports myself and without turning back the hands of time and forcing Java to use an old revision (required for iReport). A report creation function in Fishbowl would be awesome! Even my archaic old Parts & Vendors software allowed me to do create custom reports.

Shannon