Sage 100 Software Reviews

Sage 100 Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"The software is perfect for billing customers, sending statements, gathering finacial data for financial reporting."
  • icon"It is very user friendly and layout is very clean and easy to navigate. I like crating working with queries that linked to Sage and this gives you endless options to retrieve needed information."
  • icon"The ability to customize your invoices to include Logos and what is required to be shown on your invoices is essential."
  • icon"Unable to integrate with other enterprise software solutions. Inability to integrate with out of box web solutions."
  • icon"Some of it's UI can be clunky and difficult to use."
  • icon"You'll notice lag in the system regardless of the hardware resources assigned to it."

All Sage 100 Reviews

Adam

Good for small to medium business

It was a great overall experience and was simple enough for a smaller business to implement while still having the horsepower.

Pros

Having worked with a few erps, this is one of the cleanest UIs and has been a great experience with getting data out of it. The datacubes on the backend have been really good as well. Order allocation is clean and simple and has warehousing plugins that work well too.

Cons

I really wish that price breaks and price levels worked better. It was very difficult to get the accurate pricing inputted to the system.

Blake

Industry: Mining & Metals

Huge improvements over earlier Sage products

We've been able to greatly improve how our manufacturing processes across various locations are reflected in our budgets and accounting practices. It's saved us thousands of hours per year in terms of extracting the data, manipulating it, and putting it back into Sage for final reporting. You can now do that within Sage 100.

Pros

Our organization moved from Sage 50 to Sage 100 and wow, what a difference! We thought Sage was the issue, but really the business had just outgrown the more base version of the software. Sage 100 can fully handle complex costing and processes present in a modern day manufacturing business. It can collect data at various nodes in the process and roll them up for budgeting and forecasting.

Cons

We use a lot of agile software platforms on our sales and ecommerce side of the business, and Sage 100's API catalog doesn't really keep up with what's needed to move quickly in 2020.

Reasons for choosing Sage 100

We were familiar with Sage and their support team from our previous usage of Sage50.

The organization had outgrown Sage50 and needed more robust accounting software

Nichole

Decent Accounting Software

I’ve been using this program for 7 years in my current position. I process driver payroll and billing in a trucking and warehousing company. We use it daily in my department. Everyone seems to like it okay.

Pros

I like that you can save your favorites in one spot so you can easily get to the reports and functions you use frequently. Everything is straight forward so it’s fairly easy to train new people on this program.

Cons

I’ve had a lot of issues with if someone else is using the same area/module as you it doesn’t warn you it just tries to do what you want and then just force closes yours and tells you after the fact. And then you’re like what the heck where was I at in the process? So beware of that. Also connecting printers to this has been a total PITA on more than numerous occasions.

Renee

Fortunately this version has been upgraded

I work in the manufacturing industry, specifically a foundry in Chicago. Several factors bias my experience with MAS90/Sage 100. I was introduced to the software with no training or reference guide because the woman before me left suddenly and without any documentation. In a certain perspective that speaks well of this product in that simply by internet research and experimentation, as well as a few call to our highly paid "Sage" support line, I have been able to work with the system adequately. I would love to upgrade to a new version of this Sage product and imagine that it is very likely a much cleaner and straight forward operating system For instance, the difference between reversing a check and simply reversing the G/L transaction are two different procedures and a third procedure to void a check that has never been issued is a different procedure entirely from voiding a check that you have placed a stop payment on. In a sense, these five distinctions would be ideal for a precise audit trail if the procedures themselves were not extremely complex and vague to distinguish. The General Leger reports are clear and are in themselves user friendly in offering the opportunity to easily make accrued and adjusting entries. I would certainly encourage anyone to investigate the newer versions of Sage in consideration of their industry specific needs. We have not created a direct interface between our receivables data base "Exact" directly into MAS 90 due to the particular need to maintain specific Alloy/Customer information and our small company simply lacks the time and technical understanding to do so. Again my situation is severely biased due to my particular circumstances and I believe a newer version of Sage may very likely be an excellent ERP.

Pros

If I can figure out a highly antiquated version of their product without internal direction and assistance, I suspect the newer versions of Sage can only be fat superior.

Cons

A complete mire of ambiguity when it comes to the Accounts Payable component in this ancient version by Sage:MAS 90

Jason

Great for Small Businesses

Sage 100 acts as the accounting system for our entire business. It's great for small businesses like ours.

Pros

We use Sage 100 for A/P, A/R, and G/L and those modules work great for our business. The interface is simple to use and customizable so you can see only the fields that are important to you. We've also built several import jobs to be able to import data from our other systems.

Cons

My only complaint with Sage 100 is that it practically requires a third-party to help you implement and upgrade every so often. I wish the upgrade process was more intuitive and better documented so that a third-party would not be necessary.

Ezechiel Narcisse

July 2022

New Sage 100cloud software is great

I've been working with Sage 100cloud for the past 6 months. With my busy schedule and the number of clients I'm servicing, I don't have the time to keep track of all my business finances. Sage 100cloud is the perfect solution for me. I can track my cash in and out, see where I'm at with my payables and receivables and create reports for my accountant. I also use the supply chain module to track my suppliers and create an automated purchase order system. Sage 100cloud is a great solution for businesses that don't have time to keep up with their finances.

Pros

I was looking for a new cloud-based solution to manage my accounting and finances because my old program was not able to handle my business' complicated processes, and I found Sage 100cloud. This solution helps simplify your finances by providing a single source of data for items like cash management, financial procedures and supply chain management. You can manage your entire business from anywhere on any device, so I can check my finances from my phone or tablet.

Cons

I haven't really had any issues with this product so far.

Stosh

Industry: Sporting Goods

To many steps to do simple daily process

Sage works, support companies and eide bailey sold it to us did not do there due diligence in my opinion selling us the software we needed that would handle what we do. Integration problems and being told to use a certain card processing that did not work without a bridge with fusion costing us more money and have had it out 4 times in the last week.

Pros

The accounting portion is probably the most complete.

Cons

To me there is several cons we have found after the purchase. My biggest complaint being the amount of time it takes to do simple process. Example: when we have price changes and adjustments to make, it can not be done from a central place. As a dealer that is retail and wholesale both, we have to change retail in one screen, wholesale on another, and finally cost in a completely different location. When you have 30k items this takes 4 times longer than other systems. My other major complaint is dealing with several different companies to get everything you need to support sage for daily operation. We have experienced finger pointing back and forth from the support companies of whose problem it is and nothing gets corrected for months. As I say we are over 2 years from our sign up and it has been a multitude of issues and we are still not complete. Delays on large orders put into fusion portion are a time killer.

Reasons for choosing Sage 100

Supposedly it will do way more than we will ever use, if it does I haven't realized it as of yet. FYI I have filled out a survey before after the first year and was contacted once about my issues and no one has ever got back with me and addressed any of the issues. It has went up the chain a few months after and again no response.

Problems with the accounting

Jim

Industry: Wholesale

Sage 100 Review

We migrated from QuickBooks Enterprise to Sage 100 in 2015. We have had no regrets on this migration and believe we have much better control of our inventory which drives our financial results.

Pros

Sage 100 has all of the features that our small business needs. We require inventory management with bills of materials and work orders. Sage does an excellent job handling this.

Cons

It is not a case of dislike but more of under optimized. The general ledger system is not fully developed for drill down capability. All of the information is in a relational database but accessing inquiring type information is more cumbersome than it needs to be. We have written Crystal reports to accommodate this need.

Reasons for choosing Sage 100

We believed that Sage 100 was an easier migration path for our company compared to Dynamics. We also believed that Sage 100 was easier to use for our user base.

Reasons for switching to Sage 100

QuickBooks Enterprise was not able to provide the inventory management that we required.

Shawn

Sage 100 Love Hate Relationship

It has been a mixed bag. Having used since Mas 90 4.05. We are "comfortable withe the software and it does the job for us. Currnetly running Sage 100 2019. Upgraded from 2017 because we had to due to payroll module support. For a small business this is very expensive software and I often feel that we could do what we need with less expensive software. For what we pay annually to Sage and what we pay every 2 years to a Support company for basically mandatory upgrades, I am not sure we get our moneys worth. This will probably be the last upgrade we do for a Sage product. Will start looking for an alternative, more modern feeling cloud based solution with plans to rollover in 2022 unless something changes with our current platform.

Pros

There are a lot of features that help us run our business

Cons

Many of the features are inconsistent in the implementation. Lack of standardization in reports.

Reasons for choosing Sage 100

Seemed to be the best choice in 1995.

Reasons for switching to Sage 100

Inventory management, point of sale, payroll and multi user functionality.

November 2022

The right choice to handle your Product Lifecycle Management.

It has so many modules that you can use from Bill of materials on products and components, inventory of the products and components, the billing of customers and suppliers and the management of in process products in the manufacturing phase.

Pros

The way you can manage the bill of material when developing and maintaining products in the manufacturing facility.

Cons

Sometimes it goes very slow when changing from interfaces of different modules.

Julia

Standard Accounting Software

Pros

We have been using Sage for a long time as it is what our accountant is most familiar with and it does a great job for standard accounting processes. It can integrate with other products easily and is easy to use once trained.

Cons

The interface and some features leave a lot to be desired. The product has some quirks that are unique to Sage.

Kenneth

Industry: Maritime

Sage 100c 2017 - 2019 review

Company replaced Platinum for DOS which had been in place for 20+ years. So moving to Sage 100c and having the ability to drill down into the data is a great feature. Being able to email invoices/purchase orders have improved the productivity of employees (they no longer have to go look for hard copies).

Pros

First off is the User Define Fields (UDF), if a field is not in the software or you have something unique that needs to be captured, as an end user you can add the field without custom programming or use of a VAR. The next feature would be Visual Integrator (Import/Export utility), this feature is great for either uploading data into Sage or exporting data for analysis. Memo Fields are great! Paperless Office is great along with the ability to email invoices, purchase orders, etc. Sage Intelligence is a love/hate relationship: Very easy to build reports, but the runtime for running reports takes a long time (i.e. most of my reports 1-2 minutes) versus the standard Sage financial reports of 10-15 seconds.

Cons

The Extended Description for inventory items. For the life of me, not sure why Sage still uses the Extended Description in inventory. This makes it very difficult for data imports or exports. If your company does drop shipments then really understand how it works. On the inventory side you end up with a black hole. Moving invoices from one batch to another is limited utility due to no one can be in the batch, so we end up moving invoices after hours. When running the Period End process for a module locks users out, so this normally has to be done during none business hours. Sage is weak in the inventory physical count area (i.e. cycle counting).

The price.

Reasons for switching to Sage 100

Sage was no longer supporting the product and offered a very reasonable upgrade.

Jeff

Solid mid-market enterprise accounting system, with quirks

Very solid system with a few frustrating quirks. You will need to host any version of Sage 100. Consider a cloud-based software as an alternative (Sage Intacct perhaps, although the price skyrockets compared to Sage 100).

Pros

-very cost-friendly pricing for small or medium sized businesses. this is the biggest selling point for Sage to me - it beats Quickbooks as a more ERP level system but is still very reasonably priced -solid on standard accounting -multi-company/location/entity reporting -import/export works well -test company option helps new users acclimate -simple bank reconciliation module -security and role definitions -GL reports are very useful to financial experts

Cons

-bank reconciliation doesn't force you to reconcile to the GL cash account. That defeats the purpose of a reconciliation... -there is almost no customizability to the financial statements. I guarantee you will need to export (Excel) or use a different software (Crystal Reports) to build your monthly financials. -Sage 100 products are hosted in-house, so in the age of the cloud, you will still need to purchase and support your own server, a pain for a small or medium sized business. -there are no "drill down" options in financial statements. That ability in Management Reporter was a huge plus in Microsoft Dynamics products. -Multi-fund reporting cannot be consolidated (unless this is an add on module we didn't purchase) -There are no reports that show unposted JEs -AP voids and invoice reversals are a NIGHTMARE. Seriously, my staff lose sleep over trying to never need to void a check in Sage. -Dashboards are basic. It feels very "old" as a system compared to new cloud-based options. -No auto reconciliation. I've heard that's a selling point of Xero.

Great software for a small growing business

There have been some nice improvements in the 18 years we have been using Sage 100/MAS90. It is not cheap, but gets the job done. They must continue to use customer feedback to make the right improvements to the software and not change features users heavily rely on.

Pros

Customer service has been great. They do everything they can to help resolve issues. Sage’s scalability has allowed the software to grow along with our needs. 3rd Party software works best if has partnered with Sage to get updates that allow for testing prior to a new update being released.

Cons

It seems that along with some enhancements you get when upgrading, you may lose some functionality such as when printing travelers that now require more steps to complete. Custom reports and integrations can be costly because a Sage reseller is needed for support.

Reasons for choosing Sage 100

We asked our associates that had knowledge of or had used Sage in the past. We also talked to other companies that used Sage.

Reasons for switching to Sage 100

It did not meet our needs as we grew.

Bill

Software that is easy to customize to fit your exact needs

All in all, this is a good product with options for growth as your business needs change.

Pros

Sage 100 Advanced ERP allows you to create data fields that are unique to your business and have the data flow through the various processes and data files. We have added over 100 fields to our invoicing forms, and the data flows from the sales order to the invoice, to the accounts receivable history. The data entry screens are easily modified to add any custom fields you need. The forms for printing documents are also easily modified via Crystal Reports. We utilize Crystal Reports to perform error checking at the order entry point to alert the order entry and billing clerks if there any issues with the order that needs to be corrected. We check to see if purchase orders are required. If they are, is one on the order? We check to ensure the sales tax code is correct for the shipping address. There are easily a dozen things we check, all utilizing the tools built into Crystal Reports. We have been using this software since the mid-1990's and have upgraded year after year. The upgrades are much easier than they used to be and the features that have been added over the last few years are great additions to the software.

Cons

Some of the processes are more complicated than they need to be. Recording pre-payments on A/R or A/P invoices is a prime example. The process for both should be re-evaluated, and the process should be the same for any pre-payment that needs to be recorded. Some of the module pricing doesn't make any sense. The asset module is way too expensive when compared to other options available.

Craig