• Pros

• "Sage is easy to navigate and easy to learn. There is so much that you can do with the program, it was very useful in my Billing Department. "

• "its easy to use and i like the multitude of reports i can use. I also like the ability it has to run different businesses."

• "Easy implementation, good resources for training and support"

• Cons

• "Sometimes all those features can be confusing and trying to navigate the options can confusing but the online support is very very helpful"

• "Its kinda slow at times. We upgraded from peachtree so it's way better than that. Honestly nothing I can say bad other than its slow"

• "It has became a bit dated with lack of warehouse management system which is why we are moving to a new program but for smaller business I would highly recommend."

Browse Sage 100cloud Reviews

Adam from Ubiquiti Networks

Good for small to medium business

It was a great overall experience and was simple enough for a smaller business to implement while still having the horsepower.

Pros

Having worked with a few erps, this is one of the cleanest UIs and has been a great experience with getting data out of it. The datacubes on the backend have been really good as well. Order allocation is clean and simple and has warehousing plugins that work well too.

Cons

I really wish that price breaks and price levels worked better. It was very difficult to get the accurate pricing inputted to the system.

Kimberly from DSD Inc.

A Well Travelled Work Horse

Its a great product for the small business client looking for audit-compliance, reporting and a trust-worthy product without spending a lot. If mobility is not a huge concern for you and you want to keep your operating costs low, choose Sage 100.

Pros

Sage 100 is very well suited for financial record keeping, distribution management and reporting on these business operations. Functionally, it is very reliable and straight forward to use. It was the first accounting software I ever used in a professional setting and I continue to think in terms of the way items are processed in Sage 100. Because it has been around for decades, there is a substantial amount of knowledge available to new users by way of Sage City and the number of consultants available for support is also a huge asset. The subscription pricing makes it very simple to purchase and include as an operating cost for the lifetime of the business and there are great integrations available in the channel.

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app that gave access to the approval functions and other areas of the product that would be convenient when traveling away from the office - or even just working remotely. Remote accessing a server is very inconvenient and there are so many browser-based systems in business already. Sage 100 feels behind the times without this functionality.

Nicole from M.P.M Business Inc.

LOVE Sage 50!

Pros

- User Friendly - Easy To Use - Simple To Understand

Cons

- N/A ..... I literally love everything!

- Reviews

Victoria from Callies Performance Products

Perfect ERP Software for medium sized businesses

We have been with Sage for almost 7 years and it has saved us much time and money. Our old software was clunky and not customizable. We are able to now do multiple tasks at the same time, even within different companies.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of customization. Excellent customer support, excellent value for the money. Great for organizations with multiple entities - ability to switch between companies/work in different companies at the same time.

Cons

After a sales order is completed, you cannot "resurrect" it - you must generate a new number and "copy" the old sales order from history.

Renee from Universal Electric Foundry Inc

Fortunately this version has been upgraded

I work in the manufacturing industry, specifically a foundry in Chicago. Several factors bias my experience with MAS90/Sage 100. I was introduced to the software with no training or reference guide because the woman before me left suddenly and without any documentation. In a certain perspective that speaks well of this product in that simply by internet research and experimentation, as well as a few call to our highly paid "Sage" support line, I have been able to work with the system adequately. I would love to upgrade to a new version of this Sage product and imagine that it is very likely a much cleaner and straight forward operating system For instance, the difference between reversing a check and simply reversing the G/L transaction are two different procedures and a third procedure to void a check that has never been issued is a different procedure entirely from voiding a check that you have placed a stop payment on. In a sense, these five distinctions would be ideal for a precise audit trail if the procedures themselves were not extremely complex and vague to distinguish. The General Leger reports are clear and are in themselves user friendly in offering the opportunity to easily make accrued and adjusting entries. I would certainly encourage anyone to investigate the newer versions of Sage in consideration of their industry specific needs. We have not created a direct interface between our receivables data base "Exact" directly into MAS 90 due to the particular need to maintain specific Alloy/Customer information and our small company simply lacks the time and technical understanding to do so. Again my situation is severely biased due to my particular circumstances and I believe a newer version of Sage may very likely be an excellent ERP.

Pros

If I can figure out a highly antiquated version of their product without internal direction and assistance, I suspect the newer versions of Sage can only be fat superior.

Cons

A complete mire of ambiguity when it comes to the Accounts Payable component in this ancient version by Sage:MAS 90

Tod from Preco Electronics, LLC

MAS90 - Windows - Sage 100

Custom reports are tricky in that some modules do not "play in the same sandbox" as other modules.

Pros

Once you get a sound understanding of the modules, it is fairly easy to sort and find information and to product some reports.

Cons

MAS90 was a pre-Windows software that had limits, but was workable. Then MAS90 was sold and given a facelift to become Sage 100. Sage 100 is basically a format, presentation and color change from MAS90. I used MAS90 25 years ago and learned some of the shortcuts after going to the State of the Art University. When I left the company that used MAS90, within a short time something happened to the business world: Windows. Now 25 years later and after several versions and upgrades of Windows, I am once again working with MAS90 behind the mask of SAGE 100. It is not like revisiting an old friend, but an old motel that are still using the same bedding. The training that I received did help make the reintroduction easier. It is ironic that several times in the search bar of Sage 100 it even refers to "MAS90." None-the-less as noted the Windows rise and dominance came into the mainstream if not becoming the stream of business. The tough thing is that MAS90 did not change with a Windows feel when it was altered into Sage 100. Frankly, it is most frustrating to jump from Outlook, Word, Excel then to Sage 100. Something as easy as hitting "enter" or "tab" in Sage 100 will cause redundancy in keying and wasted time. The answer is simple, the user MUST have a passion for selecting or clicking the left mouse button and consciously shifting their thinking from 2019 back to 1994 when ever they enter the world of Sage 100.

Kristina from Purified air

Sage 100cloud Review

Way better than peachtree older version. Have not had any issues other than it's kinda slow

Pros

I like how everything is linied together kinda of like quickbooks. It's pretty simple to use and has step by step guidance

Fits my company more

Anneliese from Tri Industries, NFP

Sage 100c at the Non-Profit

I have used Sage for over 20 years and I am very impressed with how the system has evolved with the change in technology. As a new user it was easy to navigate and as an experienced user there is always more to explore.

Pros

Sage 100c is a user friendly software that integrates the accounting software and warehouse management. The integration helps with productivity and work flow. The partner software is well designed and helps with each module.

Cons

The base system needs to be customized at a cost.

Johnathan from Scanco

A solid staple for SMB market

My experience with Sage 100cloud is mostly consultative. I sell systems that integrate with it and hear feedback from end users on a daily basis (6+ years now). For those who have taken the time to plan out their resources and operations, it can be very effective in managing your business-critical data.

Pros

If you are manufacturing or distribution company that is breaking $5 mil - $10 mil annually, then Sage 100 offers a suite of functionality that can be built out and customized to meet your specific needs. From Accounts Receviable, Payable and your General Ledger to powerful modules for Sales, Inventory, and Production Management, there are a broad range of tools at your disposal that can be Additionally, Sage 100cloud comes with an eco-system of Independent Software Vendors who can seamlessly integrate with your critical data. Sage becomes the primary system of truth for your business, and when configured right, it can be a powerful tool for growing and scaling. Further more, if you connect with the right reseller in the channel, they can guide you and consult with you on best practices to ensure your implementation is successful.

Cons

Some of it's UI can be clunky and difficult to use. Sage 100 has origins going way back to the 1980s (MAS90), and it can be behind the curve when it comes to things like ease of use and having a clean and simple aesthetic. Their are competitors that have cleaner UI's, but Sage 100 has a history of serving SMB markets in versatile ways, and this doesn't need to be why you don't buy.

Jennifer from Creative Schools

Sage 100 Review

I have had a great experience with Sage 100cloud. Meets all of my accounting needs.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to search and find past accounts payables and receivables. Easy to navigate and enter new payables.

Cons

The setup of recurring monthly transactions. Its difficult to setup and add different Memos/Invoice numbers for different months.

Jeff from Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District

Solid mid-market enterprise accounting system, with quirks

Very solid system with a few frustrating quirks. You will need to host any version of Sage 100. Consider a cloud-based software as an alternative (Sage Intacct perhaps, although the price skyrockets compared to Sage 100).

Pros

-very cost-friendly pricing for small or medium sized businesses. this is the biggest selling point for Sage to me - it beats Quickbooks as a more ERP level system but is still very reasonably priced -solid on standard accounting -multi-company/location/entity reporting -import/export works well -test company option helps new users acclimate -simple bank reconciliation module -security and role definitions -GL reports are very useful to financial experts

Cons

-bank reconciliation doesn't force you to reconcile to the GL cash account. That defeats the purpose of a reconciliation... -there is almost no customizability to the financial statements. I guarantee you will need to export (Excel) or use a different software (Crystal Reports) to build your monthly financials. -Sage 100 products are hosted in-house, so in the age of the cloud, you will still need to purchase and support your own server, a pain for a small or medium sized business. -there are no "drill down" options in financial statements. That ability in Management Reporter was a huge plus in Microsoft Dynamics products. -Multi-fund reporting cannot be consolidated (unless this is an add on module we didn't purchase) -There are no reports that show unposted JEs -AP voids and invoice reversals are a NIGHTMARE. Seriously, my staff lose sleep over trying to never need to void a check in Sage. -Dashboards are basic. It feels very "old" as a system compared to new cloud-based options. -No auto reconciliation. I've heard that's a selling point of Xero.

Elizabeth from EMM Services

Easy to Use but Lacks Features

It was quickly apparent that Sage was not a good fit for my company even though it was easy to figure out and integrated with many PSAs that I was considering at the time, I just wasn't able to use the US version for what I needed.

Pros

Easy to use overall. Simple to navigate, the interface is intuitive, and it is easy to reach customer service. Integrates with many PSAs.

Cons

Lacks basic features (such as recurring invoices and expenses) that most other options in this field offer. This only applies to the US version of this software. The UK version appears to be much more fleshed out.

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100cloud

I did not end up using Sage due to the aforementioned issues and lack of features. I went through the trial but in the end decided it wasn't a good fit.

Bill from Mynatt Truck & Equipment Co.

Software that is easy to customize to fit your exact needs

All in all, this is a good product with options for growth as your business needs change.

Pros

Sage 100 Advanced ERP allows you to create data fields that are unique to your business and have the data flow through the various processes and data files. We have added over 100 fields to our invoicing forms, and the data flows from the sales order to the invoice, to the accounts receivable history. The data entry screens are easily modified to add any custom fields you need. The forms for printing documents are also easily modified via Crystal Reports. We utilize Crystal Reports to perform error checking at the order entry point to alert the order entry and billing clerks if there any issues with the order that needs to be corrected. We check to see if purchase orders are required. If they are, is one on the order? We check to ensure the sales tax code is correct for the shipping address. There are easily a dozen things we check, all utilizing the tools built into Crystal Reports. We have been using this software since the mid-1990's and have upgraded year after year. The upgrades are much easier than they used to be and the features that have been added over the last few years are great additions to the software.

Cons

Some of the processes are more complicated than they need to be. Recording pre-payments on A/R or A/P invoices is a prime example. The process for both should be re-evaluated, and the process should be the same for any pre-payment that needs to be recorded. Some of the module pricing doesn't make any sense. The asset module is way too expensive when compared to other options available.

Trey from Corcoran Glass & Paint

Good program

Pros

There seems to be a module for just about everything we need to within out company, which is very nice. It was pretty easy to learn with just a little bit of practice, much of it is self explanatory to new users! I do believe that ease of use is a major pro for Sage 100. I'm pleased with amount of data/reports we can process and print out, the information we need is almost always at our finger tips.

Cons

With multiple people using this throughout our organization, it'd be nice if two people could be in the same module at once. We're constantly going door to door trying to figure out who's in a certain module and when they'll be out of it. We reference a pay rate change report often, every time we click out of it, it asks if we want to purge all the files. Someone will accidentally click it someday- why would we want to do that? I also find myself getting a number of errors and the program shutting down on me. Often times if I shut my computer down and try again it'll work correctly when I open it back up.

GRACE from AVF

SAGE 100

SAGE 100 is a good product for the price and SAGE does have a really good support staff. I have had no major issues with the product that I couldn't or the support staff couldn't fix. I would recommend this product simply because of the people in their customer service.

Pros

SAGE 100 is rather easy to use once you receive training. My main use of the software are Invoicing, cash receipts, accounts payable posting and running reports for financials. The overall product is good for the price and there is support available. I do like many of the features of the product, for example it will stop purchase orders from duplicating. The support staff is great. I cannot say enough about how great they are when we have an issue.

Cons

Occasionally the system will have issues when receiving data, the problem can be a two minute fix or it can take sometime. The support staff is very knowledgeable and can correct anything that may happen from time to time, but the fix can be time consuming.

brittany from San Diego Seafood/ La Mesa CPA

Accounting and Inventory Ability

Pros

We went with Sage because we needed an accounting software that would also keep inventory stock. The fact that Sage has build able modules and customization available is pretty much the biggest asset available. I use Accounts Receivable, Payable, Sales Order, Inventory Management, Purchase order, General Ledger and Paperless office. I like that it allows me to more permanently close out accounting days and keeps track of all reports for later use.

Cons

It is a time consuming software to learn, definitely keep a professional on standby when installing and learning the system. Although I like being able to close out days and orders, it does make it a little harder to fix any mistakes. There are occasional bugs with the system but nothing that hasn't been able to be fixed with a phone call to our Sage installer.

Don from ICS Support

Affodable step up from Quickbooks

i have used a variety of ERP software packages in my career, including Quickbooks and Microft Dynmaics' Navision, and Sage 100 provides a full feaured ERP package at an affordable price. Cost's per user for a month's subscription for the Essentials core accounting package (GL, AP, AR, Bank Reconciliation) and a little more for the Advanced Bundle (Essentials plus Inventory, Purchasing, and Sales Order), and more for the Complete Bundle (Essentials plus Bar Code, Return Materials Authorization, and Bill of Materials). For manufacturing, you can add the Complete Plus Bundle (Work Order, MRP, Job Cost, and Time Card). There are additional add-on modules such as Paryoll with Direct Deposit, 100c Manufacturing (formerly JobOps), CRM, Sage Intelligence Reporting, and eBusiness Web Services. Each package includes Library Master, Business Insights (Drill Down Inquiry, Reporting, and Dashboard), Paperless Office, Custom Office (to create User Defined Fields and customized screens), Visual Integrator (to Export and Import data to/from Excel and Sage), and Crystal Reports. The Windows Explorer type menus make navigation easy, and the workflow follows the menus. Sage 100 is designed for 1 to 50 users, and supported the creation of multiple business entities or companies. The software has many configuration options, and can be tailored to the company's use, so because it is flexible there is also a learning curve due to its sophistication. Sage has been the number one accounting software recommended by CPA's for many years.

Pros

Affordable, flexible, stable data base, excellent module integration.

Cons

Does not have a Point of Sale option, or a full featured Web Store, or user friendly API tool.

Dvon from Atlantis Comfort Systems Corp

Very Sad!!! Very Very Sad!!

I would never recommend this software. Any looking for a way out. I know other companies who use this software and are taking the same approach. Maybe after enough people leave their service, they'll start acting like a customer friendly company; not a company that says ...... "I gotcha!!" Time to take the ride!!!

Pros

It is a sturdy platform. Served its purpose. Has good features .... a good overall solid mid sized company package.

Cons

As in previous reviews, they are now price gouging with huge support price increases. Can't get any update without getting support plan. They do not have a "pay for support" option only for the experienced user of their software. Now we can't get phone support. Only support given is through web chat. That really sucks!! Imagine trying to teach someone how to use the Report Writer feature through web chat. Very Sad!!!

Jim from Gemini Property Management

Simple to use, yet an accurate accounting tool

We are a mid size property management company located on the Northshore of Massachusetts. Our condominium client list is a composition of business and residential complexes. The Sage product gives us the flexibility to manage the day to day account activity, along with the accountability and flexibility to oversee the billing aspects which occur as a result of the various service request we receive daily. Our staff consist of management professions, account and billing personnel. Everyone in our organization has exposure to the Sage product even our administrative staff, who are often required to utilize the Sage product to verify client billing and invoices. It is a simple yet effective accounting and administrative product that works well for a company of our size.

Pros

Effective, yet simple to understand and utilize

Cons

Doesn't have the fancy looking categories. It's just plain and simple

Cherechi from Benev Intergrated Services

This is one of the best ERPs I have used in a while, it makes working a whole lot more fun and streamlined.

Despite the whole full and complex look and feel, Sage 100 is still quite easy to understand in about 3 tries(if self teaching) but under an experienced hand , Id probably give a day a day and half max.

Pros

The best thing about this software is its streamlined nature. An ERP that can help completely monitor from manufacturing to storage to logistics to HR and even customer relationship and satisfaction. This is one top of the line software.

Cons

It is still a bit jumbled up. Once loaded, it still looks like a whole lot on the eye. Icons and folders can still be properly arranged and sorted properly. Still a lot of addons that are not really needed.

Bernard from Taylor Brands, LLC (former employer)

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Wholesale consumer products distributor

A Sage Business Partner who knows exactly how the company's processes function is the best option for support if multiple add-in modules are used.

Pros

Sage 100 Advanced ERP is fully functional for all steps in a wholesale consumer products process. The Reports Explorer allows custom detailed report writing to support general ledger balances. MAS Intelligence reporting uses an Excel BI add-in for financial reporting.

Cons

Standard reports require knowledge of Crystal Reports for customizing. Adding multiple third party modules such as Scanforce, Multi-Bin, etc. greatly complicates upgrades to new releases.

Kathy from Small Business

Director of Finance

Master programmers and software support is available across the US. If you don't like your support group, you can easily hire another. No need to convert software solutions.

Pros

This software is easily customizable at install AND it is reliable. The software updates are rarely a problem; no need to wait for other users to test and work out the bugs found in some software updates.

Cons

Module pricing is a little more costly than other software, but then again how much is data integrity worth? I like to sleep at night, so it's a good investment.

Sefa from Aquatec international, INC.

My daily must at work

Pros

I have been using Sage Mas90 for more than 9 years. We are a manufacturing company and many of our data are entered or stored in this program. We have our Bill of materials, accounting stuff, customer information in this program and we update or write data in daily basis. I use it mostly for pulling data and using it for building our product. Without it things would be very unorganized and hard to manage.

Cons

For the purpose i use it as an engineer, i have no problem.

Dustin from KBS

Good for mid sized firm (accounting perspective)

I used to use Sage 100 back in the day when it was Peachtree. It's since been renamed to Sage 100 and had a modern refresh. Sage 100 is recommended for businesses with revenue around $50 million. It is considered ERP - enterprise resource planning, but I'm familiar with the accounting aspect of it.

Pros

For accounting this software is intuitive. It is easy to use and has a lot of sophisticated features.

Cons

It isn't optimized for a lot of qualitative data. It will take an external module or upgraded more expensive version.

April 2015

Emay from Bauble Bar Inc

April 2015

Excellent Accounting Software

Pros

Sage 100 ERP is an excellent accounting software to use. The description field for GL entry can capture up to 2,000 characters and it doesn't get cut off like other accounting softwares. You can easily run a detailed GL report to get all the information you need without pulling the invoices to see. This is also good for handling large volume of data with system generated journal entry numbers.

Cons

There are improvements that can be made. For example, there should be a separate invoice number field and separate field for period posting. For example, if I want to post a January invoice in period 4, I should be able to do it instead of letting the date be the driver of which period it gets posted to. Also a separate field for department code instead of linking GL account and department code as a GL account. I would like to run GL Detail report by department codes.

brittany from San Diego Seafood/ La Mesa CPA

Small businesses with inventoy

Pros

Sage 100 is an awesome way to manage receivables, payables, payroll and inventory management. The customization modules help set up the software to fit your specific needs. I love the paperless office capabilities and the fact that I can pull up my reports within seconds.

Cons

My biggest issue is that it is not the most user friendly, in comparison to other similar software, I used in the past. It does take some time to become familiar with the products and the constant updating.

Trey from Corcoran Glass & Paint

Easy and productive

Pros

Easy to maneuver through it and all the modules. It can do everything I need it to do and it provides me with all of the reports and data that I need.

Cons

I get a lot of errors and have to sign out. Things get complicated with multiple users doing certain things at the same time. I think it may be more of a computer issue and not a program issue, but often times I have to wait 10-20 seconds for modules to open which can be frustrating when trying to get things done quickly.

Dawn from 12 & 12, Inc

Industry: Philanthropy

Great Accounting Software for Larger Companies!

I have used Sage for over 10 years now. I prefer the detail capabilities it offers and love how I can customize it to work for my reports.

Pros

Once you understand how Sage works, it is easy to navigate every module. Financial reports can be set up to pull in whatever order or format you need them in. Budget numbers can be added in for easy variance reporting.

Cons

Initial training on how to use the software can be a bit overwhelming. I recommend offsite training at a Sage retailer.

Brianna from VIPSCS

Mixed Results for a highly Specialized Manufacturer

Pros

General Ledger and Bank Reconciliation functions are excellent. Explorer Functions for searching database fields very helpful. Customer Service - with a paid monthly plan - is good. Online Knowledgebase for self service is very helpful.

Cons

Customization is costly and difficult to achieve quick and efficient upgrades to software levels. Extra fees for various modules is frustrating. Monthly service plan is a high cost on an on-going basis.

Jessica from Silver Springs Bottled Water Co

Sage 100 Is A O.K.!

Pros

I like how user friendly it is. Every item you need to use is laid out in the menu section so you know exactly where to go for which function you want to use. It updates batches quickly and accurately.

Cons

The only thing I do not like about Sage 100 is if you have multiple companies/entities under one main company, you have to have separate billing systems for each. You cannot merge vendor information from one company to the next.

Perry from Panda Technology Group, Inc.

Software is good, but the cloud is not

Pros

They have all the data and functionality we need, the reports are good, the speed of access is decent.

Cons

It is cloud based and we have to pay them every single day for the rest of our lives. We want to have our data local and this does not let us do it. Also, they are not updating the software with any new real features. They are treating it like they treated ACT, like a cash cow. No real improvments, just more money and less support.

Kelly from CDMC

Industry: Machinery

Sage 100

Pros

Sage accounting products are very stable and I know that I can rely on the data within. If there is a rare issue with data corruption, it is very easy to run an integrity check to fix the problem. I find the user interface very accountant friendly and easy to use.

Cons

No dislikes. I would like to be able to create more customized reporting, but fortunately, I can export data to excel and create my own reports from there.

Brent from midwest industrial coatings

Industry: Chemicals

Manufacturing Standpoint

Pros

History look ups, built in checks, security management, ease of entering formulas

Cons

Where we are at now is very manual and repetitive when moving from location to location in our process. Repeating the work order entry to move from step to step. We have looked into the WO Scan option but it didn't fit our process. I am hoping the new production manager helps solve these issues and is a overall more user friendly and robust program

Long time user, fed up with huge price increases. Subscription based accounting with inventory.

Back in 2005 it was the only mid level accounting system out there. Today there are just too many other options without being held hostage to price gouging.

Pros

The way it can handle inventory and pick,pack ship. Used to include a great Payroll program but now that is an add on.

Cons

Huge price increases year after year for just the license. Then you have to hire a software programmer to even do the smallest of task. Or even more money to fix a simple data entry error.

dennise from Dennis Banks Construction Co LLC

Sage 100 was easy to use and supplied all data needed for accounting system.

This software is reliable and will stand the test of time for your accounting needs. The reports can be hard to read sometimes because of the way it lines up, but you will have the reports you need and easy to find. With Sage 100 you can run accounting for multiple companies, we had 3 at one point. There is some inventory aspects to Sage 100 which we dabbled into briefly but for the restaurant business didn't end up working so great. Overall Sage 100 is a good program that is user friendly.

Pros

Program is easy to use. I literally learned the basics in 2 short days. You can easily tell if a subcontractor or supplier has been paid and retention is very easy to track as well as pay out.

Cons

This is not job costing software therefore it will not track contract amounts for you. While you can run detailed reports you will have to run another type of software to get the project management side of things.

Ross from Snow Peak

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great ERP if you do not need to be Cloud based

Sage100 is a great product for smaller companies with one location. The problem we ran into with it was when we started operating out of multiple locations.

Pros

+ Relatively affordable + Great at tracking inventory + Can export all data directly into excel + Allows for a lot of functionality

Cons

- Not Cloud Based - Have to keep up a server and slow on a local system - System has to be continually updated to keep up with the latest version

stephen from GreenLine Conversations

Long time user of this product

Really excellent and the reason I have used Sage in my current business and many more before.

Pros

Sage has been around for a long time and it is clear they lead the space in features and functionality. They have thought of everything you could possible need or wish to do.

Gwen from QSR Automations

SAGE REVIEW

Pros

It covers many areas of the business. It allows multiple business functions to be carried out. Somewhat straightforward.

Cons

Nothing fancy. It is functional but doesn't offer any flare. It is somewhat straightforward but also seems to be redundant in some ways. Specifically, it seems that some processes are longer than they should be and are not geared toward ease of use. Reasonably priced.

Julie from Audio Acoustics

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Customization

In today's business environment I need to ask more of my employees. Sage 100 offers me the ability to do that.

Pros

Every business is a niche business, and no software perfectly matches every need out of the box. Sage 100 Advanced mixes the best of both worlds, the ability to customize the product to meet my needs with the price of an out-of-the-box solution.

Cons

The price is still a little steep.......

DEBBIE from Orr protection systems, inc

Pros

ease of use of software easy to integratee with other products

Cons

job cost invoicing , MTD, YTD, and JTd includes sales tax collected. totally wrong, and reporting is incorrect when calculating gross margin for reporting and calculating commissions based on Gross margin. how can this be. this must be fixed. this bug is costing our company unnecceesary monies

Easy and clear for your bookkeeping needs

I quite like the software and would recommend. I also use Quickbooks, but Sage suits me much better.

Pros

Really easy to understand and get up and running. Simple workflows and very easy to see the underlying transactions . Adjustments and corrections are a breeze.

Cons

Only issue I have is with electronic file transfers for payments to my bank. Sage keeps sequential files numbers for each of the different payment types (eg. Payroll and Suppliers), but my bank requires the numbers to be sequential overall. Each time I have to adjust the file number to the proper number so my bank does not reject it. Online support and training material is adequate, but if you need a real person support is limited - hard to get any response and often need to pay.

loren from Down to Earth Distributors

I have over 30 years of using accounting software and have enjoyed using SAGE 100

Fast, consistent and ready-to-use reporting and data.

Pros

It is easy to use, provides exportable formats into Excel. Custom configurations on the fly are relatively easy. All of the reports run very quickly. This software has helped us manage our business.

Cons

No significant negatives to note. We need to continue to develop and use the other modules of SAGE 100 that we have purchased.

Pierre from Mares Income Tax Service, Inc.

Great but buggy software

The software can sometimes hang for no apparent reason, doing a network setup can be quite difficult.

Pros

It's quite easy to use, lots of features and plenty of customization.

Cons

The software can get quite expensive after signing up for subscriptions and payment processing. Doing a network setup can be quite difficult even though the setup has steps that don't always work.

Diane from Architectural Products of Virginia

Industry: Building Materials

Excellent Product

Excellent for everything we do.

Pros

This is an excellent product for all our accounting needs. It is also great for generating purchase orders, sales orders, and invoices. It is also great for the general ledger.

Cons

I have never had any problems with Sage 100. There is nothing I do not like about it. I plan to continue using this product for years to come.

Tracy from Solid Waste Systems, Inc.

20 year Subsriber

Customer for over 20 years so that says it all.

Pros

It is consistent from module to module on where to find items. Moving reports to Crystal Report.

Cons

Training video's. Need one for set up and one for training a position. Employees get caught up in the set up (even though it is done) and can't get passed "what is possible" when they are a new employee.

Jackie from Tony's Lifetime Exteriors

Sage

Sage has worked well for us over the years but the price continues to increase without additional features. Does not integrate with other software easily.

Pros

Ease of use- Easy to figure out. Easy to run reports. Quick to learn for new people but lacks features.

Cons

Integrations- Sage does not work with our CRM. Most software I looked into does not work with Sage.

Ryan from Fiber Materials Inc

Industry: Defense & Space

Data in one place

Pros

We have gone from multiple spreadsheets running our business to reporting and data base queries that make the data more reliable, real time, and accessible.

Cons

We currently using the 2016 version and the Work Order module not being as user friendly as other modules has been unfortunate. We are excited about the 2019 release!

Marriah from Patriot

Gets the Job Done - But not very easily

Pros

Sage has all the basic features of your standard accounting software. The forms and reports are simple - not much out of the box, so it is very straightforward.

Cons

Not many options to customize forms or create custom reports. If you're looking for specific data, you may have to figure a workaround to get what you need.

Laurie from Basket-Full

using it for quite awhile

Pros

Cons

The customer service is slow, and the inventory program is not appropriate for my business. I also wish it was integrated with my other programs. It is also a very expensive program.

Bruce from Fromm Family Foods

review

overall software is ok. easy to use not very tech forward. hate all the add ons just build it in the software

Pros

Straight forward user functionality. Works well for smaller companies

Cons

Better consolidating power. Currently sage intelligence is not very good. Our Support team from Vrakas is pretty weak in helping or advising