Browse Pathagoras Reviews

Kayle from Navigator Law LLP

Great Document Automation

We are working to improve how our staff spends their time. Moving them from generating documentation to providing more value to our clients.

Pros

I really enjoy that Pathagoras lives ontop of word. We don't have to use any other software or become locked in to a certain way of operating. This provides us with flexibility. The software has been easy to use and setting up documents is easy. Customer service is also top notch. You get a very fast response to any questions you may have and they are interested in making sure you are successful with their product. Their is a ton of documentation that is provided that includes examples of how to approach solving a problem, along with guides on how to build your automation process.

Cons

There are a ton of different things that can be done with this software and sometimes it can be difficult to figure out how to approach solving a particular issue. There is no "right way" which is both great for flexibility and sometimes difficult. The documentation that is available is fantastic and covers all of the features that are needed to automate documents, I just wish it was a little bit easier to navigate. I also initially experienced some minor UI issues but those went away quickly.

Reasons for Choosing Pathagoras

We chose Pathagoras over the alternatives because we wanted to keep control over our documents. Going with other providers locks you in to their platform and makes it very difficult to switch if you want to. With Pathagoras, as all of the documents are simply word documents you retain control over everything. The price is also comparable and is a great product.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied February 2020

Kayle, Thank you for your kind words and the reminder that we need to be ever vigilant on the 'navigation' aspects of the program. We constantly keep 'how easy will it be for a user to find this tool?' questions in mind. And we appreciate the quick feedback when we haven't succeeded. Thanks again.

Michael from MIchael D. Caccavo Attorney at Law

Amazing Customer support

Automate any document, standardize documents with no specific programming skills. Easy to use, powerful, fast.

Pros

I love this software, and have previously reviewed it. But if you want superior customer service, you can't beat this product. I was playing with the software on a sunday and had questions. I emailed customer service - not only did I get several emails in reply, but the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called and remotely did an install of an update I hadn't done. On a Sunday ! Always a helpful and quick response.

Cons

There are more features, and more power than I know what to do with. Is that a problem? I can grow into it.

Reasons for Switching to Pathagoras

Easy to learn, easy to use, use my own documents and language, updates don't affect my documents.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied April 2021

Michael, Thanks! I definitely agree with your 'cons' comment. There is more to Pathagoras than any one person or office will ever use, but there are always features that can be added to your current repertoire. I hope you and others will keep trying new things.

Justin from Ainsworth, Thelin & Raftice, P.A.

Pathagoras is an adaptable and time saving resource for our firm.

Pros

Pathagoras tremendously reduces the amount of time and mistakes when it comes to document production. Their customer service is by far one of the Company's best attributes. One of Pathagoras's best features - the ability to adapt the program based upon the firm's individual needs. While there are multiple features to Pathagoras, each customer has the ability to choose what features they want to use. Pathagoras is a great way to ease into the modern world of document production, as a user can use it as little or as much as they desire.

Cons

If you have no prior coding experience, it may take you longer to learn the ins and outs of the program. The initial set up can be time consuming, as individual documents need to be coded and tested to ensure they work properly. However, once the initial set up is complete, the time to prepare documents is greatly reduced.

Jay from Brooks & Brooks, LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Loads of features, but low ramp to start saving a lot of time

Saves enormous amounts of time and helps you produce very sharp looking professional documents from your own current documents.

Pros

Sits on top of your OWN documents, and can be set up by mere mortals. Markup experience is helpful, but absolutely not necessary. The main person who implemented this at our practice just turned 70, and we have taken advantage of more and more features. If I could give a sixth star for service I would, as the person who develops the software does all of the customer service and is incredibly responsive for bug reports, usage suggestions, and troubleshooting setup. Can be used by even beginning staff without a lot of technical sophistication, and saves a tremendous amount of time.

Cons

Because of the many things it can do, and the multiple ways each method is implemented, it can be a little cumbersome to decide a quick route to the solution you want. Trial and error solves it fairly quickly. Because of the software stack it is built on (Word), it is occasionally buggy and has to be restarted. I suspect this is mostly due to Word and its Visual Basic for Applications implementation, because as stated in the Pros the customer service is excellent.

Reasons for Choosing Pathagoras

Existing document library in Word format, and better compatibility with the vast ecosystem of Word docs. Translating docs out of Word a large transition cost, and regularly having to translate docs out of Word when obtaining incoming documents from other professionals or clients would be cumbersome. Word is essentially a necessary evil, but Pathagoras itself is wonderful and expands capabilities of the software in great ways.

Reasons for Switching to Pathagoras

HotDocs is a hot mess. And considerably more expensive for fewer features.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied June 2020

Jay, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to 'write us up.' It's nice to get this kind of feedback. Based on the age of the main implementer of Pathagoras in your office, maybe I have a new slogan? :) ) --Roy

Bruce from Bruce M. Hug, PLC

Highly Recommended for Attorneys

My overall experience with Pathagoras is fantastic. The fact that documents are created as Microsoft Word documents and not on another platform (as with other document automation programs) makes programming straightforward. Also, the level of programming detail that you are able to incorporate into your documents with Pathagoras really cuts down on all aspects of legal work – I make fewer mistakes, am more productive and spend less time doing redundant clerical work. Also, not enough can be said about the level of support you receive from Pathagoras. My experience has been that when I have a question, I receive an answer either the same day or the next day. It's better than any support I have ever received from any other software company.

Pros

It can be used immediately, even by people with little to no programming experience, and supports and encourages step-by-step learning. Support is absolutely top-notch.

Cons

There's really nothing about Pathagoras that I don't like, except the fact that it's for Microsoft Word.

Reasons for Switching to Pathagoras

I had many legal documents programmed in WordPerfect, but fewer and fewer people were using it, including attorneys. Pathagoras was the easiest way to make the transition from WordPerfect to Microsoft Word.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied June 2020

Thank you for this review. It makes us proud that the hard work we have put into our program is reflected in the observations of our users.

Anthony from Grassi Law Professional Corporation

Industry: Law Practice

Great product even better support!

This software allows for the easiest creation of precedent documents for your practice. The functionality of the instant data base screen....it shows all the variables when you open the document....makes it very simple for support staff to follow and use. The learning curve has been minimal in all respects. Lastly, I have to say a word about the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He s simply amazing at assisting you any way he can so that you have a successful journey with his program.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to install and use. Robust capabilities. Amazing support if you do experience any issues.

Cons

It is restricted to Word. I hate Word but I love this software....so I am using Word.

Reasons for Switching to Pathagoras

WordPerfect Office required too many steps to create the same type of forms. Hard to use. Hard to organize and difficult to teach staff. As for customer support....not so Perfect!

Response from Pathagoras

Replied March 2020

I thank you. We do try hard, and it's nice to hear that we are succeeding. And for those with the nagging thought: No, I don't work with or for Microsoft. :) But their VBA programming language is pretty spiffy, and there is no duplicate in other word processing programs. (I did try.)

Lisa from Lisa K. Piscitelli, PC

Great product!

Pathagoras has given us quality control and increased efficiency at a very reasonable price. There is no real learning curve for users either - it is so easy to use!

Pros

Pathagoras is very easy to use. I like having the ability to tailor the software to our needs - you can create simple and complex documents. I also like having control of my forms and the ability to go back and improve our form documents as we learn more about the software. The software is very user friendly and the customer service is AMAZING - all of our questions were answered quickly.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software or the company.

Reasons for Choosing Pathagoras

At first I thought that document automation programs had to be expensive and complicated in order to be effective. Pathagoras is neither!! We used the demo for a few months before purchasing and are extremely pleased with how easy it is to get up and running. We use this program daily!

Andrew from McKeown Law, LLP

GREAT PRODUCT!

Pros

Usability is great. The learning curve to put this software into action is not steep at all. Extremely helpful tool if you need to create redundant documents. Also, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is EXTREMELY accessible. All around fantastic experience.

Cons

No issues at all. We looked into the competitors and very quickly realized this was the solution for us.

Reasons for Choosing Pathagoras

Ease of integration and use. We looked into HotDocs and tinkered around with it for a week. Couldn't make much sense of it in terms of integrating for what we needed.

Ken from Robertson Law Office

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent product wih stellar support

Pathagoras will change your practice. Taking the time to create excellent forms - one time - then using them over and over (revising over time) is just amazing. Compared to trying to remember which client you did that project for, digging up the document and cutting and pasting - well there is no comparison. Frankly, if you are an attorney - or business person - and document generation is not central to your practice you are missing the boat and, frankly, making a huge, foolish, mistake.

Pros

Pathagoras makes document generation easy, even for those of us who are not technically inclined. Every attorney has to generate the same basic forms over and over again - pleadings, wills, trusts, contracts, leases and so forth. With Pathagoras it only takes a few minutes to convert a document into a form - so you never have to cut & paste again. Doing so cuts down the error rate of cut & paste to zero, saves time and every document looks just as it should with no real time or thought required - leaving you the time and energy to focus on the substance of documents, not the format or details. Pathagoras has saved me a huge amount of time and saved me from untold embarrasing errors. I use the basic features of the Pathagoras, which is all that I need. But Pathagoras is well suited for those with more sophisticated needs as well, it has amazing capabilities. If you can see the value of doing it right, one time, then enjoying quality documents thereafter, Pathagoras is for you. If you are a hopeless cut & paster, there is a better way - Pathagoras. Before investing in Pathagoras I used a few other programs and they all were over my head and hopelessly complex for me.

Cons

Nothing. At times I have had small issues with formatting and the support has been amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] apparently never sleeps and is endlessly patient. Not to mention that the support pages and explanations of how to do things are amazing - and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is kind in not pointing out that I could have solved my own issues by reading a bit more carefully.

Reasons for Choosing Pathagoras

Because it is incredibly powerful and easy to use, even for people with very basic computer skills.

Reasons for Switching to Pathagoras

Because Pathagoras was clearly head and shoulders above the other options for my practice and my level of ability.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied December 2020

Thank you, Ken. Your kind words mean a lot. We will continue to try hard to always earn them.

Richmond from RH Page, Atty

Industry: Law Practice

Searched for years for something like this.

Only wishes I had it available 25 years ago.

Pros

First, this program offers more functions than anything else I have seen and it is still being upgraded with improved and new features. Second, most people will talk about the easy bracket "pathagorizing" a document and use which is great, but in my practice I am required by the Court Clerks to use a lot of the standardized Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) .pdf forms. Oh YES!, you can bracket (I use the deep method) the cells in the Adobe(R) pdf form and the variables used in Word(R) can be placed in the pdf. Third, Excel(R) isn't left out. I've created (by example for estate administration) a comprehensive spreadsheet that is used to manage most aspects (Decedent name, address, age, etc.; Heirs and spouses names, addresses, etc.; if selling property to pay debts requiring a special proceeding, respondents names, addresses, etc.). With a few keystrokes all those variables can be downloaded into a database file for use in Word(R) documents or selected variables directly into a document. Fourth: Calculates numbers, and dates (i.e. 30 days from date A), or insert Excel(R) into Word(R) documents. Fifth: Variations on dates (1/1/2020 or 01/01/2020 or January 1, 2020 or 1st day of January 2020, etc.), and dollar amounts. Sixth: I haven't even gotten to BIG document assembly. Seven: Maybe this is a Con, but what I've learned only scratches the surfaces of its capabilities. Eight: Real, old time support. No answering robot. Real person.

Cons

Nothing! But to nit-pic the online manual is good but would like to have more YouTube how to videos and webinar/seminars.

Reasons for Switching to Pathagoras

Tried various document assembly programs (for pay and almost free) nothing comes close.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the kind words. Still working hard a those improvements and helpful features. And we were around 20 years ago (but not 25)!

Mike from Davis Law Firm, P.A.

I highly recommend

Pros

I've been using Pathagoras for the past 5 years - and I can say it's the single greatest technology change I've ever made in my law practice. With a little effort, all of my pleadings, letters, etc. are completely automated. With a few clicks, all needed variables are filled in, as well as appropriate he/she, Mr./Ms., auto spelled out dollar amounts, etc, and preparation errors are cut by 95%. With no more effort, custom optional clauses (as lengthy and complex as you wish) can be easily incorporated into the forms, and basically anything that could be created on a "if/then" flow chart, can also easily be incorporated into a Pathagoras-MS Word document forms. The time needed to draft and proof read forms is cut by 80%. With emails becoming such a large part of a law practice, form emails with variables are also easily created on MS Word, and then cut and pasted to emails as needed. Whatever effort is needed to convert your existing forms to Pathagoras-MS Word document forms will easily return a huge profit in time savings over just a year of using them. In short, I highly recommend Pathagoras, and the customer support is second to none.

Cons

Really nothing. The cost is more than reasonable, and it's a huge productivity boost.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied July 2019

Mike, Wow. Thanks for the kudos. Much appreciated. It makes us so happy to know that our hard work translates to customer satisfaction. Roy.

Carl A. from Grubb Law Office, Inc.

Outstanding Document Automation Software

I am extremely happy with Pathagoras. It has help me become more efficient, provide outstanding documents and service to my clients, has reduced overhead and the bottom line, it has made me money.

Pros

Pathagoras makes document drafting exceedingly efficient and easy. By using Pathorgas, I am able to create templates and draft even complex documents in much less time than prior to using the program. It is very feature rich and can assist with simple to complex document automation. The support available is by far the best support I have ever received for a software product. I highly recommend this product. If there were more than 5 stars, I would give this product and the support team a much higher rating.

Cons

As in any new software product, there is a learning curve. The basic functions are easy to learn. The more robust features take time to learn. However, the support for this product, both tutorials and available customer support, greatly help reduce this learning curve.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied March 2021

Thanks, Carl. We very much appreciate it, especially the "it has made me money" part. Maybe we should charge more! (Nah. we are fairly priced, but when you take advantage of the various tools, Pathagoras can definitely pay for itself in short order.)

Frank from MarcianoLaw

Industry: Law Practice

There are no negative reviews here because its almost magical in how it increases productivity.

Forms, form forms, the key to a successful busy Law Practice, and Pathagoras actually encourages you to make new forms. It really reduces so much stress and makes you look great to your clients.

Pros

That it is so easy to transform your Word documents into Templates that are then so easy to call up and fill out. It's is seamlessly integrated into Word and your staff will immediately produce perfect documents. Creating divorce docs, used to take about 60 minutes and there were always mistakes, once we installed Pathagoras it literally and unbelievably now takes 10 minutes. And then there is support, have a question, they are on your computer in minutes, problem solved. Get Pathagoras and you too will soon be writing a great review for them.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that I feel guilty that it costs so little, seems wrong.

Reasons for Switching to Pathagoras

Because Pathagors is not like the other programs that are freestanding, the genius of this program is that it works within Word.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied December 2020

Okay, Frank, you have convinced me. To assuage the guilt, I am going to send you a bill for a lot more money! :) Thank you for your kind words. They are much appreciated.

Lisa from Kizer, Gammeltoft & Brown, P.C.

Pathagorus is the Document Automation Software I've Been Looking For

Pros

Pathagorus is intuitive, easy to use, and logical. It allows us to automate and customize the preparation of document sets to an unbelieveable degree, all while working easily with our pre-existing forms. Everything in the program is visible. Nothing happens behind the scenes where you can't see or fix or control it. If I was going to create document automation software myself. Pathagorus is what it would be.

Cons

I have not found a single con. I even love the manual. Customer service has been incredibly personal and responsive. I was even provided with a custom solution for a particular need.

Reasons for Choosing Pathagoras

Many years ago I used to program macros in WordPerfect to automate mulitple searches and replaces and otherwise customize my legal documents. They were pretty limited, but if you had basic programming skills or even were even just of a logical bent you could make them do a lot. But then, sadly, we switched to Word. For a while I toyed with learning VB but the curve was just too steep to get the same functionality - and I already had a day job. Years later Hot Docs came along, and I played with that but never committed. I felt the learning curve was too steep, there was a lot I couldn't control. It was very much forcing me into their universe rather than giving me the tools to better shape mine. Pathagorus is just to the opposite. Right out of the box it was easy to use, easy to master and easy to make it do all the stuff I need it to do and more.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied May 2020

Thanks, Lisa, for your kind words. I am honored!

Barry from RightSpace Pty Ltd

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Complex documentation that informs and sells is now consistent and easier to assemble.

I explored document assembly years ago. I subscribed to a popular software that like Pathagoras, was Word-integrated, well-priced and easy to learn - but it didn't come close to the brilliant simplicity and power that's offered here. Although Pathagoras is positioned as a 'legal' product, it's adaptability to my very specific situation has already proven itself, and the potential of the product keeps unfolding daily.

Pros

I'm not in legal. I'm a consultant in domestic, high-ticket construction-design and sales. In addition to customized building-design I produce a myriad of documentation that encompasses project feasibility, design-proposals, costing-briefs and building-specifications. With seamless, robust Word integration I'm able to harness Pathagoras' ability to grab data from Word and Excel data-sources to allow me to quickly create information-rich, beautifully-presented proposals and support-documentation. Before, I was putting these documents together; however the 'cut-and-paste' approach I was using was exhausting, sometimes inconsistent and very time-consuming. I'm now moving to a heavily-automated document-assembly workflow, and the investment I'm making in setting this up is already very rewarding. (And personal support from Pathagoras for specific document-assembly challenges has been fast, flexible, generous and 100% resolving of any problem I have proposed. And I'm in Australia, 13 hours ahead of Virginia).

Cons

Not much. Only that I need to think through the 'legal' examples in the help-documentation and apply them in a non-legal setting.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied May 2020

Thanks, Barry. Much appreciated. I will definitely work on expanding examples in the Manual to cover non-law office disciplines.

Darryl from Mariner Healthcare

Outstanding Product that Pays for Itself

Experience has been outstanding. Using Pathagoras Document Automation has resulted in a tremendous time savings and has allowed us to accomplish tasks that previously required multiple support staff members.

Pros

The software has transformed the way we practice law. Gone are the days of having to find templates, cutting and pasting, and changing grammar. Pathagoras offers an intuitive process that lets you automate documents. With a few clicks, attorneys can create their own pleadings, discovery responses and correspondence. There are an endless number of utilities and features that allow you to streamline multiple areas of your practice.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like. Getting up to speed on all of the different features takes some time but there are great publications on the website, and the developer is incredibly responsive to any emails that you send asking for guidance.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied March 2020

Thank you for your review and your kind words. They do mean a lot to us.

Andrew from Minotaur Law

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent software for a small legal practice

Pros

I have purchased a number of systems in the past but none were able to perform like Pathagoras. They were either too complex to be useable or too simplistic. This is the Goldilocks for me - just right. I was able to set up documents that could be part of a system for producing my documents that anyone could use. For me it is not just about productivity, but also consistency and quality. I had no trouble learning the system. Then, as I ventured into more complex areas I asked for and received prompt support and suggestions. It was a nice change not to have to hire somebody to write things for me. Although I have answered that I am a sole practitioner at present, I have in the past had a larger firm that I ran on best practice principles.

Cons

What is there not to like! I suppose that if you want generic documents straight out of the box then this may not be the software for you.

Reasons for Switching to Pathagoras

Locus was too expensive and I needed to use somebody to do the coding and any adjustments for me.

Denton from Whitney Mediation & Legal Counsel, LLC

efficient, customizable, great value

One-stop shop for personalized engagement letters, contracts, and estate plans.

Pros

Fast and easy control using only Word to update fields and documents. The creator is super helpful when questions arise and always gives extra tips to improve it's value. Saves me from hiring an assistant

Cons

Many features I don't use due to learning curve and time required to update documents.

Reasons for Choosing Pathagoras

cost (one-time fee for lifetime ownership), excellent service, totally and easily customizable all within word.

HPP from Ashburton Law

Industry: Law Practice

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the most - On-The-Ball - person I have ever met.

Pathagoras is Brilliant - but I am a Google man and I find MSWord very/too complicated. That said - I have to spend lots of time learning Word just to use Pathagoras - but it is more than worth it. The Instant Database is really great. Pathagoras means I can prepare documents for clients in a flash with fewer errors or checking

Pros

Instant Database and its multi-replace abilities

Cons

It only works with MS Word which is of course great software but overly complicated for the average user

Response from Pathagoras

Replied August 2020

Many thanks. We were not trying to convert Google Docs user to MSWord, but it is surely high praise that Pathagoras led to that (partial) conversion! Thanks again.

francois from Fiscalliance

Pathagoras saved my life

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is simply the most customer service oriented person i have ever met.

Pros

It is so simple to learn and use. There are so many features that almost anything that you can imagine can be done. The challenge is thinking of all you can automate, not doing it.

Cons

My main language is french and some features ( like spell out a number) are english only.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied February 2020

And you told me you would never tell others about Pathagoras so you could keep it all to yourself!! :) Merci beaucoup. (I've added 'number spell-outs in French, Spanish and German' to my 'to do list.' Great idea.)

Great program for law offices

Pros

It's easy to get started "pathagorizing" your documents. I haven't yet learned all the ins and outs of the program because it was so easy to learn what I needed to start creating templates just using Pathagoras' basic features. We have been able to quickly and easily make a whole library of templates for our law firm which has significantly cut down on the time it takes for attorneys to review and edit drafts. The few times we have had any issues or questions we reached out to customer support and got help right away. Definitely recommend Pathagoras.

Cons

The only thing we would change if we could is to make Pathagoras work for Word Perfect. However, in searching for document automation programs, we couldn't find any that work with Word Perfect, so we have been making the switch to Word.

Hayward from Law Offices of Hayward K. Colby

This Product Enhances Productivity

I draft estate plan documents and my ability to take on clients has literally been doubled because of this software.

Pros

This software makes producing error free documents a breeze! In literally seconds the raw data is converted into a finished product. It requires an investment in time to set up the form for the document you want to produce but once that investment is made, the returns are awesome! I love this software. It has literally doubled my throughput ability. And, the customer support is unparalleled.

Cons

I can't think of anything right now that I like least, but I attribute that to the fact that I am still learning the power of the software.

Greg from Bonney LAw Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Great product, unparalleled customer service

I have never seen such high quality customer service. I have to wait 40 minutes to get on the phone with the right bank employee. I emailed Pathagorus regarding a question over a weekend and they got back to me right away. Not only that, they adjusted the software to accommodate my request within a day. I am recommending Pathagorus to everyone I talk to.

Pros

Intuitive enough to start using right away. If you take the time to go through the 7-day training (really 7 separate 15 minute lessons) you can start to grasp how the program can completely revolutionize your practice.

Cons

Functionality with pdfs. We have to use a lot of pdfs for real estate and estates, many of which are promulgated. To be clear, you can definitely still work with pdfs, just not with as much functionality as when working in Word.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied April 2020

Thanks, Greg. We are constantly tweaking our interactivity with Adobe. Completing Acrobat forms is of prime importance in many practices, and we want to make as much Pathagoras data available for PDF use as possible. Thanks for your suggestions.

Rod from Genders and Partners

Industry: Law Practice

Best Office force-multiplier in the world

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a true gentleman, and ALWAYS available to support his fantastic creation Pathagoras. I'm not sure that he ever sleeps! I am on the other side of the world to him, and he has not once in 6 years ever failed to respond almost immediately to my (infrequent) requests for support.

Pros

Easy setup. Quick to learn. Amazingly useful.

Cons

Apparently I have to say something here. But I have no complaints at all.

Jonathan from Fielding & Company LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Pathagoras is an amazing program, a must-have for any practice.

Pros

Pathagoras is very easy to use and it is so quick in processing documents. In my short time (about one year) using Pathagoras the program has cut hundreds of hours from my document preparation time. The value Pathagoras provides paid for itself within the first hour of use. Also, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing with customer support - quick responses with valuable information.

Cons

There are no cons - Pathagoras is simply amazing and everyone should buy it.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied March 2021

We love to hear that we are meeting our customers' needs and expectations. Thank you for your kind words and rating.

Jeri from Denbigh Law Center

WOW!

No more embarrassing mistakes (those horrible cut and paste errors where you might miss something by re-using a previous document)!

Pros

We have been using for over 10 years and it is very user friendly. We really cannot live without it! It continues to WOW us!

Cons

There is nothing about the program that I do not like.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied February 2020

Thanks, Jeri. From day 1 (more than 10 years ago), when you first said 'Wow,' we knew we were on to something. Thank you for your kind words.

Karen from CohenHoward

Amazing Software

Pathagoras has organized our writing process beyond what we could have imagined. The software is easy to use and is a valuable resource that has increased our productivity.

Pros

Easy to use. Limitless options for formatting text to meet our needs. The program is amazing.

Cons

I have none at this time. I have not used all the features yet.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied March 2021

Good to hear you are pleased with our program. Thank you for your kind words.

Matson from Law Offices of Kelley and Wilkins, LLC

Law Practice

It allows us focus on fine tuning documents and not spend time creating documents.

Pros

It increased productivity and drastically increased the quality of our work product.

Cons

None. The problems I initially had were remedied via the software support I have received.

Reasons for Choosing Pathagoras

It was affordable and versatile.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied January 2020

Thanks, Matson! Nice comments like these make all the hard work we put into creating our unique program worthwhile.

Marilyn from Swanson Bernard, LLC

Pathagoras Document Automation

We use it for estate planning and related documents, as well as probate and tax matters, because it is so flexible. It works much better than Microsoft Word's "merge" function - plus it lets the author choose among custom phrases or paragraphs, which we set up ourselves. So whatever we do, it is OUR document!

Pros

It makes creation of a complex document, such as a trust agreement, much easier and smoother, without sacrificing the quality and attention to detail required in drafting. Customer support is most responsive and able to resolve any problems promptly.

Cons

It's a bit complex to administer - but, again, customer support is very helpful!

Marilyn from Swanson Midgley, LLC

I inherited responsibility for our firm's Pathagoras forms , and Roy has been most helpful!

Pros

It's flexible - there are usually more than one way to get the result you desire. I still have a lot to learn, but the program works well, and document assembly is smooth and transparent.

Cons

I would like some one-on-one training, but using the online manual is nearly as good. I like least that I don't know the entire capability of the program, but hope to improve that situation.

Response from Pathagoras

Replied February 2018

Thanks, Marilyn! We work every day to make the program more and more friendly and intuitive. While we proceed toward that goal, never hesitate to call us for guidance. We love talking with our customers.

Zisl from Edelson Law, LLC

Pathagoras is an outstanding software add-on to word for attorneys.

Pros

Outstanding customer support and easy to use. It can be customized for your law practice. No coding knowledge required.

Cons

I am very happy with the product and the customer support. It's hard to find anything not to like about this item, however hoping it will be Mac compatible some day.

Bobby from Frazer Ryan Goldberg & Arnold LLP

Making a New Attorney Shine

I really appreciate how this program maximizes time in the long run- it is TOTALLY worth learning the intricacies to build documents that serve a variety of applications. Learning this product has greatly increased my productivity and value as a new attorney.

Pros

-Great way to learn documents -Intuitive -HUGE timesaver -Great integration with electronic client file systems

Cons

If there was a "medium tier" training manual (longer than quick materials, shorter than the big manual) it would be a little faster to self-teach

Response from Pathagoras

Replied October 2020

Many thanks. As it turns out, I am in the middle of writing a 'Goldilocks length' manual. It will be more step-by-step and bullet-point oriented, and less 'explanatory' as to to what is happening in the 'backstage.' Should be out by November.