• icon"The developer knew what you needed and when you needed it. It is a feature rich program."
  • icon"Pathagoras is very easy to use. I like having the ability to tailor the software to our needs - you can create simple and complex documents."
  • icon"Great integration with electronic client file systems."
  • icon"There's really nothing about Pathagoras that I don't like, except the fact that it's for Microsoft Word."
  • icon"The only thing I don't like is that I feel guilty that it costs so little, seems wrong."
  • icon"If you have no prior coding experience, it may take you longer to learn the ins and outs of the program."

Browse all Pathagoras Reviews

• Have you used Pathagoras and would like to share your experience with others?

Jay

Industry: Law Practice

Loads of features, but low ramp to start saving a lot of time

Saves enormous amounts of time and helps you produce very sharp looking professional documents from your own current documents.

Pros

Sits on top of your OWN documents, and can be set up by mere mortals. Markup experience is helpful, but absolutely not necessary. The main person who implemented this at our practice just turned 70, and we have taken advantage of more and more features. If I could give a sixth star for service I would, as the person who develops the software does all of the customer service and is incredibly responsive for bug reports, usage suggestions, and troubleshooting setup. Can be used by even beginning staff without a lot of technical sophistication, and saves a tremendous amount of time.

Cons

Because of the many things it can do, and the multiple ways each method is implemented, it can be a little cumbersome to decide a quick route to the solution you want. Trial and error solves it fairly quickly. Because of the software stack it is built on (Word), it is occasionally buggy and has to be restarted. I suspect this is mostly due to Word and its Visual Basic for Applications implementation, because as stated in the Pros the customer service is excellent.

Reasons for choosing Pathagoras

Existing document library in Word format, and better compatibility with the vast ecosystem of Word docs. Translating docs out of Word a large transition cost, and regularly having to translate docs out of Word when obtaining incoming documents from other professionals or clients would be cumbersome. Word is essentially a necessary evil, but Pathagoras itself is wonderful and expands capabilities of the software in great ways.

Reasons for switching to Pathagoras

HotDocs is a hot mess. And considerably more expensive for fewer features.

Response from Pathagoras

Jay, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to 'write us up.' It's nice to get this kind of feedback. Based on the age of the main implementer of Pathagoras in your office, maybe I have a new slogan? :) ) --Roy

Replied June 2020

Kayle

Great Document Automation

We are working to improve how our staff spends their time. Moving them from generating documentation to providing more value to our clients.

Pros

I really enjoy that Pathagoras lives ontop of word. We don't have to use any other software or become locked in to a certain way of operating. This provides us with flexibility. The software has been easy to use and setting up documents is easy. Customer service is also top notch. You get a very fast response to any questions you may have and they are interested in making sure you are successful with their product. Their is a ton of documentation that is provided that includes examples of how to approach solving a problem, along with guides on how to build your automation process.

Cons

There are a ton of different things that can be done with this software and sometimes it can be difficult to figure out how to approach solving a particular issue. There is no "right way" which is both great for flexibility and sometimes difficult. The documentation that is available is fantastic and covers all of the features that are needed to automate documents, I just wish it was a little bit easier to navigate. I also initially experienced some minor UI issues but those went away quickly.

Reasons for choosing Pathagoras

We chose Pathagoras over the alternatives because we wanted to keep control over our documents. Going with other providers locks you in to their platform and makes it very difficult to switch if you want to. With Pathagoras, as all of the documents are simply word documents you retain control over everything. The price is also comparable and is a great product.

Response from Pathagoras

Kayle, Thank you for your kind words and the reminder that we need to be ever vigilant on the 'navigation' aspects of the program. We constantly keep 'how easy will it be for a user to find this tool?' questions in mind. And we appreciate the quick feedback when we haven't succeeded. Thanks again.

Replied February 2020

Justin

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Pathagoras is an adaptable and time saving resource for our firm.

Pros

Pathagoras tremendously reduces the amount of time and mistakes when it comes to document production. Their customer service is by far one of the Company's best attributes. One of Pathagoras's best features - the ability to adapt the program based upon the firm's individual needs. While there are multiple features to Pathagoras, each customer has the ability to choose what features they want to use. Pathagoras is a great way to ease into the modern world of document production, as a user can use it as little or as much as they desire.

Cons

If you have no prior coding experience, it may take you longer to learn the ins and outs of the program. The initial set up can be time consuming, as individual documents need to be coded and tested to ensure they work properly. However, once the initial set up is complete, the time to prepare documents is greatly reduced.

July 2022

Comments from a satisfied long-term user.

I like it because I was able to Pythagoras one of my basic forms during the first 15 minutes following the most simple user manual.

Pros

Comments from a satisfied long-term user.

Reasons for switching to Pathagoras

HotDocs wanted to charge me $800 to attend a seminar in Columbus rather than provide me free tutorials or, as [SENSITIVE CONTENT] does, one on one interactive sessions where he takes over my keyboard.The only criticizm I heard of this product was actually praise. It indicated that they were some robust questionnaire based features of hot docs could streamline a document, but the person criticizing it was a certified hot dox trainer who conceded that nobody in his right mind would try to teach themselves hotdox, especially since the only manual they would give you is a 50 page paper back. I accomplished a lot with that, but as a sole practitioner I could hardly pay thousands of dollars for training, and then HotDocs his pricing became impossible.

May 2022

Can't live without it

Pros

This software is a great value and time saver. It helps us create a template out of any Word document. It protects our templates by allowing us to pull up a new document from a drop down list and start fresh with each client. Great personal customer support.

Cons

We encounter glitches sometimes with running the software. Hard to tell sometimes if it is Pathagorus or Word.

Response from Pathagoras

Thank you. I hope you are reporting any of those glitches as soon as you see them. We take the position that any glitch is presumptively Pathagoras related. We want to get it fixed as soon as possible. (This is as opposed to our presuming it is Word or user error until you prove otherwise.) I hope that this has been your experience with us. Again thanks for your kind words.

Replied May 2022

Amazing Customer support

Automate any document, standardize documents with no specific programming skills. Easy to use, powerful, fast.

Pros

I love this software, and have previously reviewed it. But if you want superior customer service, you can't beat this product. I was playing with the software on a sunday and had questions. I emailed customer service - not only did I get several emails in reply, but the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called and remotely did an install of an update I hadn't done. On a Sunday ! Always a helpful and quick response.

Cons

There are more features, and more power than I know what to do with. Is that a problem? I can grow into it.

Reasons for switching to Pathagoras

Easy to learn, easy to use, use my own documents and language, updates don't affect my documents.

Response from Pathagoras

Michael, Thanks! I definitely agree with your 'cons' comment. There is more to Pathagoras than any one person or office will ever use, but there are always features that can be added to your current repertoire. I hope you and others will keep trying new things.

Replied April 2021

Bruce

Highly Recommended for Attorneys

My overall experience with Pathagoras is fantastic. The fact that documents are created as Microsoft Word documents and not on another platform (as with other document automation programs) makes programming straightforward. Also, the level of programming detail that you are able to incorporate into your documents with Pathagoras really cuts down on all aspects of legal work – I make fewer mistakes, am more productive and spend less time doing redundant clerical work. Also, not enough can be said about the level of support you receive from Pathagoras. My experience has been that when I have a question, I receive an answer either the same day or the next day. It's better than any support I have ever received from any other software company.

Pros

It can be used immediately, even by people with little to no programming experience, and supports and encourages step-by-step learning. Support is absolutely top-notch.

Reasons for switching to Pathagoras

I had many legal documents programmed in WordPerfect, but fewer and fewer people were using it, including attorneys. Pathagoras was the easiest way to make the transition from WordPerfect to Microsoft Word.

Response from Pathagoras

Thank you for this review. It makes us proud that the hard work we have put into our program is reflected in the observations of our users.

Replied June 2020

Anthony

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great product even better support!

This software allows for the easiest creation of precedent documents for your practice. The functionality of the instant data base screen....it shows all the variables when you open the document....makes it very simple for support staff to follow and use. The learning curve has been minimal in all respects. Lastly, I have to say a word about the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He s simply amazing at assisting you any way he can so that you have a successful journey with his program.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to install and use. Robust capabilities. Amazing support if you do experience any issues.

Cons

It is restricted to Word. I hate Word but I love this software....so I am using Word.

Reasons for switching to Pathagoras

WordPerfect Office required too many steps to create the same type of forms. Hard to use. Hard to organize and difficult to teach staff. As for customer support....not so Perfect!

Response from Pathagoras

I thank you. We do try hard, and it's nice to hear that we are succeeding. And for those with the nagging thought: No, I don't work with or for Microsoft. :) But their VBA programming language is pretty spiffy, and there is no duplicate in other word processing programs. (I did try.)

Replied March 2020

Lisa

Great product!

Pathagoras has given us quality control and increased efficiency at a very reasonable price. There is no real learning curve for users either - it is so easy to use!

Pros

Pathagoras is very easy to use. I like having the ability to tailor the software to our needs - you can create simple and complex documents. I also like having control of my forms and the ability to go back and improve our form documents as we learn more about the software. The software is very user friendly and the customer service is AMAZING - all of our questions were answered quickly.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this software or the company.

Reasons for choosing Pathagoras

At first I thought that document automation programs had to be expensive and complicated in order to be effective. Pathagoras is neither!! We used the demo for a few months before purchasing and are extremely pleased with how easy it is to get up and running. We use this program daily!

Ken

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent product wih stellar support

Pathagoras will change your practice. Taking the time to create excellent forms - one time - then using them over and over (revising over time) is just amazing. Compared to trying to remember which client you did that project for, digging up the document and cutting and pasting - well there is no comparison. Frankly, if you are an attorney - or business person - and document generation is not central to your practice you are missing the boat and, frankly, making a huge, foolish, mistake.

Pros

Pathagoras makes document generation easy, even for those of us who are not technically inclined. Every attorney has to generate the same basic forms over and over again - pleadings, wills, trusts, contracts, leases and so forth. With Pathagoras it only takes a few minutes to convert a document into a form - so you never have to cut & paste again. Doing so cuts down the error rate of cut & paste to zero, saves time and every document looks just as it should with no real time or thought required - leaving you the time and energy to focus on the substance of documents, not the format or details. Pathagoras has saved me a huge amount of time and saved me from untold embarrasing errors. I use the basic features of the Pathagoras, which is all that I need. But Pathagoras is well suited for those with more sophisticated needs as well, it has amazing capabilities. If you can see the value of doing it right, one time, then enjoying quality documents thereafter, Pathagoras is for you. If you are a hopeless cut & paster, there is a better way - Pathagoras. Before investing in Pathagoras I used a few other programs and they all were over my head and hopelessly complex for me.

Cons

Nothing. At times I have had small issues with formatting and the support has been amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] apparently never sleeps and is endlessly patient. Not to mention that the support pages and explanations of how to do things are amazing - and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is kind in not pointing out that I could have solved my own issues by reading a bit more carefully.

Reasons for choosing Pathagoras

Because it is incredibly powerful and easy to use, even for people with very basic computer skills.

Reasons for switching to Pathagoras

Because Pathagoras was clearly head and shoulders above the other options for my practice and my level of ability.

Response from Pathagoras

Thank you, Ken. Your kind words mean a lot. We will continue to try hard to always earn them.

Replied December 2020

GREAT PRODUCT!

Pros

Usability is great. The learning curve to put this software into action is not steep at all. Extremely helpful tool if you need to create redundant documents. Also, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is EXTREMELY accessible. All around fantastic experience.

Cons

No issues at all. We looked into the competitors and very quickly realized this was the solution for us.

Reasons for choosing Pathagoras

Ease of integration and use. We looked into HotDocs and tinkered around with it for a week. Couldn't make much sense of it in terms of integrating for what we needed.

Jacqueline

May 2022

Game changer for document production!

The customer service is excellent. I inquired about an additional feature that didn't currently exist, and the Pathagoras team worked with me to create it!

Pros

This has transformed my document production process. Previously I was relegated to manual production of a huge number of reports on a weekly basis. With the help of the Pathagoras team, this program completely automated the production of customized legal reports for dozens of clients. I am (and I'm sure the clients are) extremely grateful for the efficiencies this has provided.

Cons

Pathagoras is best used in medium-length documents. If the document gets too large sometimes it's safest to break it into pieces before processing.

Response from Pathagoras

Thanks so much for your reviews. Glad we helped to streamline your manual processes. As to the new feature you proposed, it seemed to be a good suggestion. We were glad to add it to our growing list of 'Pathagoras exclusives.'

Replied May 2022

Murray

April 2022

Supercharge document production

Pathgoras gives hope to lawyers who want to build an excellent system to produce documents fast and accurately.

Pros

It was logical and incremental. The developer knew what you needed and when you needed it. It is a feature rich program .

Cons

It takes time to learn. But once into it, it is very rewarding.

Reasons for choosing Pathagoras

Pathogoras let me build my skills. I felt that I was in control.

Response from Pathagoras

Thanks Murray. I am especially pleased by the "I felt like I was in control' comment. We have tried hard to maintain 'the customer, not the program, is always in control' aspect of our programming philosophy. Glad you agree.

Replied April 2022

Carl A.

Outstanding Document Automation Software

I am extremely happy with Pathagoras. It has help me become more efficient, provide outstanding documents and service to my clients, has reduced overhead and the bottom line, it has made me money.

Pros

Pathagoras makes document drafting exceedingly efficient and easy. By using Pathorgas, I am able to create templates and draft even complex documents in much less time than prior to using the program. It is very feature rich and can assist with simple to complex document automation. The support available is by far the best support I have ever received for a software product. I highly recommend this product. If there were more than 5 stars, I would give this product and the support team a much higher rating.

Cons

As in any new software product, there is a learning curve. The basic functions are easy to learn. The more robust features take time to learn. However, the support for this product, both tutorials and available customer support, greatly help reduce this learning curve.

Response from Pathagoras

Thanks, Carl. We very much appreciate it, especially the "it has made me money" part. Maybe we should charge more! (Nah. we are fairly priced, but when you take advantage of the various tools, Pathagoras can definitely pay for itself in short order.)

Replied March 2021

Richmond

Industry: Law Practice

Searched for years for something like this.

Only wishes I had it available 25 years ago.

Pros

First, this program offers more functions than anything else I have seen and it is still being upgraded with improved and new features. Second, most people will talk about the easy bracket "pathagorizing" a document and use which is great, but in my practice I am required by the Court Clerks to use a lot of the standardized Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) .pdf forms. Oh YES!, you can bracket (I use the deep method) the cells in the Adobe(R) pdf form and the variables used in Word(R) can be placed in the pdf. Third, Excel(R) isn't left out. I've created (by example for estate administration) a comprehensive spreadsheet that is used to manage most aspects (Decedent name, address, age, etc.; Heirs and spouses names, addresses, etc.; if selling property to pay debts requiring a special proceeding, respondents names, addresses, etc.). With a few keystrokes all those variables can be downloaded into a database file for use in Word(R) documents or selected variables directly into a document. Fourth: Calculates numbers, and dates (i.e. 30 days from date A), or insert Excel(R) into Word(R) documents. Fifth: Variations on dates (1/1/2020 or 01/01/2020 or January 1, 2020 or 1st day of January 2020, etc.), and dollar amounts. Sixth: I haven't even gotten to BIG document assembly. Seven: Maybe this is a Con, but what I've learned only scratches the surfaces of its capabilities. Eight: Real, old time support. No answering robot. Real person.

Cons

Nothing! But to nit-pic the online manual is good but would like to have more YouTube how to videos and webinar/seminars.

Reasons for switching to Pathagoras

Tried various document assembly programs (for pay and almost free) nothing comes close.

Response from Pathagoras

Thanks for the kind words. Still working hard a those improvements and helpful features. And we were around 20 years ago (but not 25)!

Replied October 2020

Mike

I highly recommend

Pros

I've been using Pathagoras for the past 5 years - and I can say it's the single greatest technology change I've ever made in my law practice. With a little effort, all of my pleadings, letters, etc. are completely automated. With a few clicks, all needed variables are filled in, as well as appropriate he/she, Mr./Ms., auto spelled out dollar amounts, etc, and preparation errors are cut by 95%. With no more effort, custom optional clauses (as lengthy and complex as you wish) can be easily incorporated into the forms, and basically anything that could be created on a "if/then" flow chart, can also easily be incorporated into a Pathagoras-MS Word document forms. The time needed to draft and proof read forms is cut by 80%. With emails becoming such a large part of a law practice, form emails with variables are also easily created on MS Word, and then cut and pasted to emails as needed. Whatever effort is needed to convert your existing forms to Pathagoras-MS Word document forms will easily return a huge profit in time savings over just a year of using them. In short, I highly recommend Pathagoras, and the customer support is second to none.

Cons

Really nothing. The cost is more than reasonable, and it's a huge productivity boost.

Response from Pathagoras

Mike, Wow. Thanks for the kudos. Much appreciated. It makes us so happy to know that our hard work translates to customer satisfaction. Roy.

Replied July 2019