Browse BackUp Xplorer Reviews

File History gets an upgrade

Pros

For me, the defining feature of this software is the ability to specify where I can store my backups, and to navigate them easily. The “stock” file history is pretty bad for stepping back through versions, but Backup Xplorer makes this much easier. It’s also cool that it provides a backup history for files outside of the only folders where File History works (Documents, Music, Pics, Videos and Desktop folders are the only folders backed up by File History). Overall I’m pretty happy with this product, I feel like it’s well designed for its purpose, and it fills in nicely some gaps that File History doesn’t cover.

Cons

Only Windows is currently supported for Backup Xplorer

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied August 2021

Fixing "File History's" flaws is exactly what we wanted to accomplish. Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

Nikki from ROGUE RIVER FIRE DISTRICT

I love this program!

I was having some microsoft issues last month and actually LOST the majority of two spreadsheets .. the auto -recovery feature captured part of the spreadsheets but not the current information I had been working on in both cases. To have a incremental backup is such a amazing tool. I am in and out of spreadsheets all day, with several open at all times, the peace of mind is the priceless, but the ability to go back and look at different versions of the data has been incredibly useful and time saving.

Pros

To have a dependable back up that is incremental "priceless"!

Cons

I'm not that tech savvy, but I didn't have any trouble loading the program or with the setting. I sure wish I would have had it sooner.

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied July 2021

Lost work is the reason this product exists, we are glad it is working well for you.

Nick from Baxter Builders LLC

Great program for backing up my work

Has eliminated losing work, a definite benefit as someone who is on the computer all day and has experienced the major headache of losing hours of progress due to technical issues.

Pros

This is a great piece of software for creating peace of mind that my work will not disappear into nothing and I will have to start over due to a glitch in Microsoft products or my computer going down. It is integrated into the programs I use daily so I don't even have to think about it, just do my work as normal and BackUp Xplorer makes sure everything is saved in the background. Would definitely recommend for any company to save duplicating effort when files are lost.

Cons

I did not find any real cons to using this software, it is an easy install and then just runs in the background. No issues so far.

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied July 2021

Nick, thank you for pointing out our strengths it sounds like this is a perfect fit for you.

Andrew from Baxter Builders

Xplorer - Simple Setup, Effective Results

Xplorer gives me added security when I'm manipulating files in my role as Estimator. I always have a backup file in case I lose power or my computer crashes. While it doesn't happen often, I never have to worry about losing information even if I walk away from my work station for extended periods of time.

Pros

Xplorer was a quick setup and install. I set my folder for Backup, and it worked in the background flawlessly.

Cons

I use multiple monitors, and the 'Saved' reminder pop up sometimes gets lost on my screens and I have to hunt around for it before it will let me access my document.

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied August 2021

Andrew, thank you for letting us know about the saved reminder. That function is optional, by going to the setting tab you can turn off the saved reminders.

Chad from Amazon

Why doesn't Microsoft do this already?

Pros

It takes all the worry out of losing documents or overwriting something I had there previously. Kinda of like Apple's time machine for all my Office documents!

Cons

Nothing. It works great and I really enjoy using it.

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied May 2021

Thank you Chad we appreciate the positive feedback...

Steven from Success Publishing

Industry: Publishing

Use MS Word like Google without Google's garbage minimalist features

Pros

I gave up on MS Word because when I shared my Word attachment and I later made updates or other collaborators improved the file, we then had to resend new attachments. Google fixed that, of course, but I still preferred Word and all of its features that Google's minimalism refuses to offer. Now the solution I've been searching for exists!

Cons

nothing yet, I'm just glad to be able to use Word again without having to resend version updates to everyone I shared a doc with

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied July 2021

Thank Steve, we are happy that it is working good for you.

SIMON from Commissioned

Easy install, performs as advertised

It is helpful to track changes to docs over time. Easily installed, no hiccups.

Pros

Easy install, intuitive user interface. No obstacles to installation, no conflict with anti-virus s/w (PC Matic)

Cons

I've had it installed for a little over a week now, perhaps too soon to know, but I haven't noticed any issues so fra.

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied August 2021

Simon, we worked really hard to unsure that the program works well with other programs. It is nice to see that you are not having any issues.

Brody from Baxter Builders LLC

Perfect for backup

Prevented loss of important documents that I was working on, can't recommend enough!

Pros

Great backup software for my business, don't lose work anymore. It works seamlessly with Microsoft Office products, you don't even notice it is there until you really need it. Very easy to use.

Cons

No problems, software worked great and installed easily

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied July 2021

Brody, we really appreciate your review it looks like the software is doing just what was intended.

Trisha from Baxter Builders

Easy

Love it.

Pros

It was easy to set up, and is very easy to use. I love the security of not needing to worry about losing my progress when working on large documents, and projects.

Cons

The location and set up of the settings and preferences is a little tricky.

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied July 2021

Thank you Trisha. We will take a look at how to make our settings interface a little more user friendly. We appreciate the feedback.

Jacqueline from Turner Enrichment Program

Saved me hours of work!!!!!

It has been really good , works great!

Pros

My computer has crashed twice in the last month and this software has saved me hours worth of work. It worked exactly the way it was supposed to and all my work was easily retrieved.

Cons

Nothing worked perfectly! I didn't have any issues with it.

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied August 2021

Thank you Jacqueline, being a teacher isn't easy so we are glad our product is saving you time.

Alex from Benchmark

Industry: Farming

Easy to get going

Had a great experience with everything so far, easy to use. Well thought out on execution!

Pros

Easy to set up and get going. Haven't had to worry about re-doing things I've already done.

Cons

There is not anything I have not liked so far about backup x

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied August 2021

Alex, it sounds like the program is working just the way it should. We are glad you are enjoying it.

Tony from Pacific Residential Mtg

Great Time Saving Product

Great customer service helping me set it up

Pros

It allows customization of frequency of saves and how many saves are kept

Cons

It all seemed good to me - I haven't used many products that do this, but this one was better than everything else I've used.

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied August 2021

Tony- Thank you for the review, we are excited to be a vendor for your company.

Gary from GHL Consulting

USE THIS SOFTWARE!

Invariably mistakes are made and docs are misplaced or lost.. the peace of mind I now have knowing everything is safe and secure -- placing a price on better sleep and more relaxed 'down' time is not easy to do but I'm pretty certain I am going to live longer as a result of this software!

Pros

I love the fact that I can have different backup schedules for different files! I'm not the most computer savvy guy in the world but this is easy to use and integrated beautifully with my business and other apps that I employ!

Cons

Not a thing that I can think of.. just wish I'd known about this product sooner !!

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied August 2021

Thank Gary! We are excited to hear that we are helping you sleep better at night. Thank you again.

dallas from Dallas Smith

Great product for keeping track of changes

Its been great no complaints.

Pros

Easy way to keep track of changes when editing in excel. No longer have to worry about a change getting lost.

Cons

Might be hard for a non technical person to install

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied July 2021

Dallas, thank you for the insight. We are developing a more user friendly installation package.

Brad from BP Spray Service

Industry: Chemicals

Life Saver

Pros

This is the perfect tool to keep my spreadsheets safe from other users. Before installing this app I was constantly fixing broken formulas on a workbook that is shared company wide. Now, i not only know who made the changes because it is tracked, i can easily roll the workbook back to its previous state. I cant tell you how much time this has saved me over the last month. Worth every penny.

Cons

I have not experienced any problems at this point. No complaints here.

Response from Breakthrough Applications

Replied July 2021

Thank you very much for the review. It is nice to see that it is working the way it is supposed to.