• Pros

• "Easy to set up and integrate, intuitive, everything's well documented."

• "It is so easy to set up and works on a mac computer. I found it to be the easiest shopping cart to set up. The backend is so easy to navigate and receipts have a nice layout and option to email."

• "It’s easy to set up, and allows us to enable subscription based offerings on our social networks with a robust platform that the current script didn’t support."

• Cons

• "The support is a bit slower than some others I’ve tried, but overall, still not tealky a con as much as something to be aware of."

• "The software stack can be a bit overwhelming at first; the UI could use a brush up here and there, but overall no major negative points."

• "I found the software was missing a few options to be able to make this my solution but it was really close! It was not very useful as a POS solution."

Browse 2Checkout Reviews

Teya from National Academy of Art Sofia

You gotta fight if you want to work with them

I'd say my experience is more bitter than sweet. If it wasn't for the savings I am making, I would never choose them over Paypal, who care far better about their customers.

Pros

In some contries across the ocean 2checkout is the more budget friendly alternative. I like their inlice checkout function which basically allows the customer to see a simple popup with " Enter your card details", instead of going through long and complicated sign in process. Oh, and there is of course the fuction to pay with Paypal, which some customers prrfer. I feel that this really gives sales a huge boost.

Cons

It takes months to be approved and become a partner of 2checkout. In some contries you get a bank loan more easily! The worst part it that if you are not approved, you will not know why. They will never tell you!They rejected my website twice without informing me the reasons behind their decision. When I reached out SEVERAL TIMES to ask what the problem was, their support was kind enough to reply after a whole week. The issue in my case was A SINGLE WORD that they didn't like in the header of my website, so they rejected the application without even trying to check if I would be willing to change this single word. I have to say also that the support is not empathetic at all. As their partner you will be giving them money - % from your sales. Insted of treating you kind and nice for this, they make you feel like you're begging them to work together. There is this tone of arrogance in the emails of the support that I didn't like at all.

Ahmed from Smart PC Utilities, Ltd.

Powerful and customizable e-commerce platform that help you succeed

Pros

With a powerful set of tools, Avangate really helps ISV and Micro-ISV to sell products and reach more markets. By utilizing a large network of affiliates, extensive detailed reports, promotions, A/B testing and lead management tools and customizable carts and email templates you can sell more and understand your business and users. Avangate offers extensive set of API which enables you to automate every aspect of the purchasing process. Support team of Avangate is knowledgeable and offers fast and reliable assistance.

Cons

Complicated and not-mobile friendly control panel that make the products setup and utilizing other tools difficult. Difficult to customize shopping carts with the lack of documentation to help build custom store using API

Response from Avangate

Replied November 2017

Dear Ahmed, thank you so much for your feedback. I have some good news: we are revamping our Control Panel and the beta version will be released very soon in December - stay tuned. As for the comment on the shopping cart, I will ask the technical support team to get in touch and discuss your needs to be able to make some concrete suggestions. Goes without saying that you can reach out to supportplus @ avangate.com anytime with any setup or technical questions.

Alice from Finance

looks like scam to me

Cons

They basically say that they can close any account whenever they want, for no reason whatsoever: "Thank you for your response. We can certainly understand your disappointment at the closure of your account. Please know there are many factors taken into consideration when an account is closed. Anyone of these factors may, in and of itself and at our sole discretion, warrant the closure of an account. We sincerely apologize for any disruption this may cause you or your business."

Response from 2Checkout.com

Replied May 2019

Hello! Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please feel free to reach out to us at onlinereviews@2checkout.com for additional help. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Brigita from MB 123Presets

Takes care of your payments

Very flexible implementations with a lot of functionalities, supports a lot of payment methods, allows convenient payment options for our customers.

Pros

Always great customer support, when requested, quickly provide solutions to problems. Having someone else handle the payments just allows us to worry about other aspects of the business, especially, makes it easier when having clientele from all over the world!

Cons

Quite a lot of double charges have occurred on separate occasions - basically all clients in a couple hour span got double charged, and the amount of accidents only confirms that it was definitely not the case of human error. Everything was solved quickly on their part, but it created inconvenience for the clients.

Dmitry from BearDev

Good support, outdated UI

Pros

Platform support is really good and they really take care about each request. They have huge number of options but sometimes it is hard to tune them in the right way as they are quite messy.

Cons

We are using platform for more than 2 years now and missing the critical feature to allow us passing discount information from our site to the platform without entering it in Avangate cPanel. We also were trying to set up subscriptions for our products but lost in options. 20-30 connected with each other features made it impossible to set up without a good knowledge of how do they work. Platform developers made it over complicated. Commission rate is 5-8% that is quite high. Administration UI is old - coded in early 2000 and requires a good product manager to be sorted out and redeveloped.

Dmitry

Avangate

Been using Avangate as our primary payment processor for 6+ years with literally no problems. It just works and does what it should do. Customer support is acceptable, email response is usually within 24 hours (my experience with their support is limited as I only need to contact it 1 or 2 times a year at most).

Pros

Easy to set up and integrate, intuitive, everything's well documented.

Cons

Sometimes customers complain that the Backup CD they ordered is not delivered or significantly delayed. I'm not sure if it's Avangate fault, though.

Ann from Researchware, Inc.

Avangate is the third global e-commerce platform we've tried, and by far the best.

Pros

Technical support is quick (often immediate via online chat), courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. After initial set-up and some familiarity with the control panel, Avangate is easy for our customers to purchase through and for our team to administer.

Cons

Avangate's Affiliate Program feature is geared towards software companies with broad-interest software promoted on "affiliate" websites that are usually promoting a wide range of software with "coupon" or "discount" pricing. Our software is very niche market (educational / scientific software) and we would prefer an affiliate program that can be easily tailored to screen and accept specific affiliate sites, e.g. software resellers that offer other software in our niche market, sites that review software and other resources in our niche market, and affiliates who are also providing technical support and training for our software through their own business.

The 2Chekout program brought a flexible and even better online payment

The 2Checkout enables you to explore and experience a bunch of options to implementation online payment. That has been helping me very much oferring my financial services. And because it is so flexbile I have been able to get so many clients, in several aspects. Sometimes I have a headache with support issues, but even so it is a so good tool to be used!

Pros

The 2Checkout helps a lot with the online payment management. It is so much intuitive e gives you plenty options about products and services that you can offer, integrating all of them in so many plataforms and transations.

Cons

It is kind hard to implement at first and sometimes something in the process could give you some trouble., which is why I think that the support could be a little faster.

Juliana from Kabum

Industry: Computer Hardware

The Improved 2Checkout Platform Brought Flexibility to Receive Payments

The 2Checkout Payments Platform enables us to exploit its profound involvement in online payment solutions. One of the best solutions for E-commerce, it supports multiple payment methods and has high end security protection. Also the service and support provided is incredible, all our needs are fulfilled. The platform gave us the flexibility that we needed.

Pros

Flexibility, multiple payment methods supported, multiple currency support, great management tools.

Cons

A little tricky to implement, you need to have a team with previous training.

Thomas from Bloeise

Seems like a dodgy company, bad support

Pros

nothing so far good to say. Because a Wordpress Plugin provider opted to use their payment methods, I came across a dodgy tax situation.

Cons

Had a business question in relating to how they add taxes to orders between European countries. They shouldn't, but still do. Their customer service did not answer my question nor my follow up questions. Seems like a very dodgy company that needs to be IRS investigated.

Reza

Most reliable gateway processor

We use Avangate as payment processor for almost 3 years. I worked with too many providers before but never had a good experience as what I have with Avangate. Support agent was really helpfull when we contact them several times in a day to help us to develop our custom module for Avangate. process of accepting money is very good and professional while most of gateways only accept payments and when a chargeback happen just put a penalty (mostly Money!) on your account.

Mark from Flame Tree Marketing

Great Billing Recurring Billing Solution

We were able to increase our revenue over time, up to 30%+, which was great, and continues to be.

Pros

Ease of use of desktop and mobile. Will process the grand majority of transactions and have never really given us any issues to this day.

Iliana from Dimas & Roz Jewelry

Great tool for recurring billing

Helps launch and keep our business growing steadily.

Pros

We are able to bill our clients in time to be able to meet payroll. Their recurring billing solution is very advanced and makes any subscription service easy to implement.

Cons

Since they integrated with Avangate, i think they are a great provider.

My preferred e-commerce platform provider!

Great ROI and configuration capabilities.

Pros

Avangate provides incredibly finite control over products, pricing and promotions. The platform is highly configurable.

Cons

With power comes complexity. The left sidebar menu interface is a little overloaded and could use a simpler re-implementation.

Lyubomir from GW SOLUTIONS LTD

the Avangate system is a very flexible one.

Pros

The automatic calculation of all taxes like VAT in different countries around the world is very impressive.

Cons

Responds to customer support tickets are very slow. Once the ticket is submitted it takes at least few days to review by Avangate team.

Fernando from Mylex Group SL

Good overall functionality and great customer support

Pros

Fast and professional service support and availability of numerous paying options, particularly in Brazil, where we currently operate

Cons

Lack of more detailed information on failed payment processing. When this happens the info from the dashboard is limited so we have to submit a request for more info.

Response from Avangate

Replied November 2017

Hi Fernando, Thanks so much for your review and feedback, we really appreciate it. I have passed on your note regarding notifications for failed payment processing to the product team. It's always useful to learn about clients needs and specific use cases, it helps us constantly improve the platform & our services.

Thea from ICEJ

Ease of use and implementation for a payment gateway

Pros

I used 2Checkout to function together with Shopify. The speed of integrating the 2 is fast and seamless. I didn't have to worry about the security, or if I did the right thing. It also has a sleek design that the people paying over the gateway feels that the payment gateway is trustworthy, and they can put their credit card information in without fear.

Cons

The payment scheme is quite strange. I didn't like that you need to bulk the amount before you can withdraw. I also think that the cut that they make is quite large for international organizations.

Decent product, does what we needed.

Avangate Review

I have been using Avangate as the primary payment processing company for my online software sales for the past 4 years and have to say that I'm very pleased with them. Their service is competivitley priced and they are very responsive to any queries I ( or my customers ) may have with them. They are also prompt and reliable payers and have always settled my invoices with them on time.

Pros

Good pricing. Good range of payment options. Great customer service ( both for myself as a customer and my customers who purchase through them ) Deal with tax complexities such as VAT allowing me to focus on developing and selling my software.

Cons

Not many. Their website / application is looking a little bit old. It's functional but a little bit dated.

Juri

August 2016

Very stable and reliable e-commerce

We use Avangate for many years, recommend it to other people, etc. No problems with it, very professional and comfortable for use. Good support, stable payments.

Dani from Xvirus

Avangate is great for small companies thanks to its friendly costumer support

Pros

-Friendly and fast costumer support, -No upfront fees, -Automatic key delivery, -Multi language, -All the features you need to start selling online.

Cons

-Confusing dashboard until you get used to it. -Minimum payout, it isn't much but it's still there.

Shiva from Ford

User friendly Product

Pros

User interface is very friendly and offer different features which makes it unique and best from the rest of the softwares. It is easy to configure and fairly cheap.

Cons

Dashboard takes little time to master it. Also there should be multiple withdrawals way. Customer support could be fast.

Andreas from AveApps

No-nosense e-commerce supplier

Pros

- it works well - easy invoicing - it's fairly cheap - it's based in Holland, so perfect to avoid VATMOSS issues - great support

Philipp from P.Stiefel Softwareentwicklung

Lots of features and excellent customer support

Pros

There are a lot of features included and after some time getting used to them I was able to configure everything the way I required it to be. The customer support is very responsive and helpful and it's excellence warrants the fairly high price.

Cons

Avangate merged with the horrible company 2Checkout (worst I've experienced in this sector!) earlier this year and plans to operate under the name of 2Checkout in the future. I'm very worried that things will go south in the aftermath of this merger and that the poor reputation of 2Checkout will damage my sales. If I had known this in advance I would not have become a customer of Avangate. - But due to Avangate's good performance in the past, I'll give them credit and hope for the best.

Annelise from VSO Software

June 2016

We've been partners for 10 years!

We trusted Avangate right from the beginning when they were launched, and we've had a great partnership ever since. We recommend them for the efficiency of their system and friendliness of their staff.

Pros

The widest range of supported payment methods in the world. Competitors don't come even close. Great marketing strategies for their affiliation system. Great team of passionate employees with quick feedback

Cons

platform not so flexible: some capabilities missing

Tammy from Joseph D. Carney & Associates

Absolute Lo Jack

For the price You can't beat it!

Pros

Avangate's Absolute Lo Jack software helps to track your laptop (or other devices) by simply downloading their software on the device. How convenient is this?!

Cons

If the device is turned off I think the software stops tracking it, so if they do not turn on I still can't locate my device.

Allnet4u

Industry: Computer Networking

Response from 2Checkout.com

Replied May 2019

Zach from BGC Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Not my best choice

Pros

The service works and is easy to get started with. Interface seems nice with good design and button to play with

Cons

Very poor customer service and support The advertised phone numbers are invalid, and there is no online chat or support

Response from 2Checkout.com

Replied May 2019

Michael from IESE Business School

Does anyone really work their?

Pros

The system seems like it could be one of the best. We saw this as a Swiss army knife for our purposes.

Cons

We have been trying for months to close a deal. Our initial contact person left the company - and with him, our chances of reaching anyone.

Response from 2Checkout.com

Replied May 2019

Aleksandr

August 2016

I'm mostly satisfied and will keep using Avangate

Pros

So far the service was very reliable. Flexible fulfillment options, flexible configuration. I recommend it to others.

Cons

Withdrawal options are very not flexible. I wish Avangate would allow multiple withdrawal ways adjustable on-the-fly.

Rolf

Rolf

Basically the only choice for non-USA and non-Europe world.

This service just does what is has to do, it is production ready and completely. Would I choose it again for another product? Yes, I would.

Pros

Awesome country support, completeness of product. Detailed info about and full control of payments and subscriptions.

Cons

Development process is not that smooth, not that easy to get started with, a lot of work is on developer.

2 checkout is a simple to use solution that would work well for most small businesses

Good but Expensive

Pros

I like that they support most countries even third World countries which is good. So No one left behind in this digital age. And they also integrate with Payoneer which is Awesome!!!

Cons

They charge per transaction of like 5% or 6% which is two times of market rate because other companies charge like 3% per transaction. Also, they have No Invoicing system in place but similar companies offer this service.

Tesa from Groupe Nouveau Concept

One of the best checkout solutions for SMBs.

Pros

It's great for international merchants and has no setup and application fees, great developer tools available.

Cons

Not suitable for card present merchants nor for the high-risk merchants. Great for small businesses delocalized.

Aparna from Axis Bank

Payment Gateway for Business

Pros

2checkout provides a wide range of payment solution and integration library which can be simple use with an single click to any of CMS solution;

Cons

Support is little slow and sometimes they refuse without any reason.

Used a number of times as an alternative to Paypal

Pros

Used when Paypal didn't work properly, seemed to be a great alternative!

Cons

No complaints, it seemed to work well for us.

Dilraj from Click Labs

Very efficient and customizable payment solution

Overall, its a great tool for managing your financial systems and for integrating it according to your different requirements with customer support always helping you for getting the job done.

Pros

Great software for online payment systems. It can be customized according to your payment requirements and support multiple payment systems and currencies.

Cons

There can be a steep curve for learning how to implement it with your system, but the documentation and customer support gets you over the curve.

Amina from Zemana Ltd

Avangate Review

Good payout options and simple e-commerce provider. The affiliate platform is organized in a simple to use manner for both: affiliates and vendors, and the tech. support service is always at the top.