Browse Algolia Reviews

Alejandro Javier from Villalon Engineering

The best search system for firestore

Thanks to Algolia, I integrated a search system in my project made with Angular / Fire. Now I am thinking of integrating its geo-search. Hopefully, it will be as good as your search with firestore.

Pros

The best of all is the ease of integration with your project, both to the back and front, and how easy it is to build the queries.

Cons

That it does not have a pay per use as firebase does, you only have 2 options, the free account or the payment commitment, use or do not use all your operations for which you are going to pay

Response from Algolia

Replied May 2021

Hi there, thanks for your review! We're glad to hear you were able to get up and running with your project. For geo-search questions, or anything else, feel free to reach out to us at support@algolia.com.

johan from Montredo

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Algolia search works well

Overall experience has been regular. In general we needed around 2 months with 2 experienced wordpress developers to be able to implement Algolia which now works ok.

Pros

The clear analytics and ease to separate accounts when using multiple of them, however this comes at a high cost.

Cons

The difficulty to implement with wordpress. The high cost. The lack of flexibility when integrating with other sistems that algolia does not come out of the box for.

Reasons for Choosing Algolia

More aggressive sales team with more experience knowing the product.

December 2021

Silas from Vras

December 2021

Fast Setup

I use algolia to give my users a smart search, analyzing I saw that most users never search for the correct term, so algolia was essential to solve this problem, making users actually find what they are looking for.

Pros

Ease of configuration regardless of language, in a few clicks you can already use it and speed in consultations

Cons

I believe it's still a little expensive for an early stage startup

Fast setup;

Response from Algolia

Replied December 2021

Thank you Silas!

Decent search for okay pricing

The algorithm can be quite good, but you need to twist te right knobs to get that result. This also goes for the implementation.

Pros

Algolia is a tool that comes with a lot of features. However, it's not as easy to implement as you would think.

Cons

It was not "plug and play". The implementation is integrated in the website and you need to work on the interface before you can implement it correctly.

Survy from Clever People, Inc.

Very easy to get started

Pros

The documentation is very well organized and so it was easy for us as a startup to add search functionality to our product. There is an official python client package, including packages for other languages.

Cons

It's a bit expensive so we'll have to evaluate at the time we want to scale.

Reasons for Choosing Algolia

Easier to setup and get started. Fully managed and hosted solution.

Ricardo from Sportline America

Good tool to handle your queries and get info back

Good, but couldn't handle our big catalog.

Pros

Worked flawlessly with the search engine and the data it compiled, it did what it had to do.

Cons

We had issues with our data, it was taking too much time to gather the product data and store it. We have over 1 million SKUs of products in 14 storefronts and it was too much for it.

Reasons for Choosing Algolia

Simplicity and good word of mouth.

Ashi from TriPlay

Powerful tool for managing your search engine and optimizing results

Pros

The flexibility it allows for managing the types of results users get for different types of products. They allow for many different attributes to control the different products will be displayed on your site. I would also commend their support team that really helped us optimize the way we've been doing things with a lot of great advice and consultation sessions

Cons

Different variables for optimizing search results can be somewhat confusing, but their great customer support and documentation does a great job helping out when needed

Michael from Yornest, LLC

Simple

It's great. you guys fully simplify what it means to get up and running with 5 lines of code.

Pros

"Simple" is the word that I can use to describe Algolia. The ease of plugging in a link and getting into executing faster is a plus.

Cons

Pricing is great for a small project. I think having a model review for big enterprise could be great in term of how much it cost us to use you guys; as we are looking into using algolia for some large project.

Reasons for Choosing Algolia

Lots of recommendations from previous CTOs who use the product.

Kasia from Bee Talents

A must have

Definitely worth trying! Team is very helpful and they make an effort to make the tool the best possible

Pros

Great tool that helps find desired things on you ecommerce shop or browser. Works very well and make searching faster.

Cons

Nothing for the moment, I think the tool is worth trying and seeing if it gives value to your business

Response from Algolia

Replied June 2021

Thank you Kasia!

Thomas from TONEART GmbH & Co.KG

Best Search in our online shop!

The Algolia search is much more easier to instal in Magento shops than the core search. We are lucky using that search which will rise our sales in future.

Pros

We integrated the search into our Meagento 2 Enterprise shop and it works better than the Elstic Search from Magento! Very intelligent search with a great preview of the products and a individuel configurable landingpage for the products. You can easily chose the products via relvanz, newsest first and price. The search looks pretty good also in the mobile version. We love the dashboard with the very exclusive analytics :)

Cons

At the moment we cannot find any problems of the software.

Response from Algolia

Replied July 2021

Thank you Thomas!

Mike from Riess Group

We love Algolia

We implemented Algolia for hosted search so that users can have a better search experience than the native ones provided by Shopify, WordPress, and Zendesk, and also so they can search across all three at once. We also looked at Swiftype, but we really loved how instant the Algolia search loaded. Implementation was easy and we always receive great help when we contact Algolia about questions or problems. Some of the integrations we used were in beta and the devs on each worked with us closely and quickly to get us up and really supported us well. Algolia has been fantastic for our business and we would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for the best search out there. You can't beat the speed, and the ease of integration and support you receive have made it one of my favorite services that we use.

Pros

Super fast search Great, responsive, engineer level support Easy integration and lots of premade plugins

Cons

You can't drag and drop manipulate search results from their dashboard like you can with Swiftype (but you can develop around that if it's an important feature)

Jekyll Algolia plugin for a personal blog

My overall experience has been excellent.

Pros

Installing the Jekyll Algolia plugin was easy. Simple-to-follow documentation, even for a non-techie like myself. Further, the official Algolia Community forum is a place where I can find answers to questions I might have. Free of charge (community plan) with no time limit. The Community plan, which is all I need at this stage (my blog currently has fewer than 30 pages in total) is free of charge. Relevant search results. The Algolia software is able to take into account similar key terms and typo errors. Search results are instant (hence "InstantSearch"), which I believe is more user-friendly than having to press 'Enter' or clicking/tapping a button to see the search results. The search user interface looks good.

Cons

Some search terms don't show up in the results, i.e. "no results." I probably need to configure the plugin to optimize site search.

Reasons for Switching to Algolia

I moved my personal blog from WordPress to Jekyll, and wanted to provide a way for visitors to search the site. There were a few options available - the Jekyll Algolia Plugin met my needs and its installation was easier than most alternatives.

Jeff from E.C. Barton & Company

Gamechanger

It's completely positive. They respond to support requests in a reasonable amount of time and are amenable to contract upgrades mid-cycle to facilitate unplanned growth.

Pros

Algolia revolutionized our customer experience. Our customer contact volume dropped dramatically almost immediately after implementation. Instant Search and greatly improved results pages reduced the need for assistance. Our users were finally able to search instead of navigate.

Cons

We operate a 100+ location brick and mortar retail chain and function as a BOPIS platform. Each of our locations have a unique assortment of products, so indexing has to treat each item at each location as an individual entry and that increases the time for the index operations.

Very good but very expensive

Overall I do love the result but I'm not sure it justifies the expense.

Pros

The sheer speed of the search is astonishing. You get results in next to no time. It's amazing as compared to a mysql query based search that Magento generally offers.

Cons

Cost, it is very very expensive. They also do not offer much in the way of support unless you pay even more. So you are stuck with trying to wade through their documentation which is not written very clearly to get the best results.

Ryan from N49

More than just search

We've been using Algolia to power search on our local directory in Canada. As we continued to add functionality to different parts of the application a phrase kept popping up "Why not just use algolia for that?". Basically once you start syncing your db with algolia you end up with lots of situations where it's easier (and faster) to just fetch data from Algolia than it is to make a call to the database. Especially when you have client side features. We're now on their best package, all and all we're really happy with Algolia, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Lightening quick on-site search

Algolia search has increased our conversion rates, and provides a much better user experience than any of the other instant search providers we tried. I wouldn't want to move away from algolia as the functionality and potential it offers is so great.

Pros

The speed of the search is outstanding. We have implemented it to allow customers to live search our product catalog of over 10000 items and it handles this impeccably. It also plays well with different frameworks, and the documentation is clear.

Cons

If you were a non-technical user, then the software would be difficult to understand.

Search made easy

Pros

Great documentation and absolutely incredible customer support. Their developers answer technical questions, and provide you with custom code to fit your implementation.

Cons

The free plan includes a lot of operations per month, but as soon as you go over the limits, the pricing becomes quite aggressive. I'd rather pay per use, for the exact number of operations performed.

London from Veritas Together

Algolia is the best option for search

Overall, I've absolutely loved it. I think they recently changed their free tier so that it makes more sense and I've really appreciated that. I've been recommending it to every friend that's building a site that relies on search because I feel like it works better than the custom Google search bar, and you have more control and clarity as to what's going on.

Pros

Algolia was dead-simple to set up. It literally took me a few hours from finding it to having it working on my dataset. The queries are easy, setting up rules is easy. It's just fantastic.

Cons

On the free version of PythonAnywhere they have certain URLs blocked and couldn't figure out how to unblock Algolia's separately, which was slightly annoying. In the end I just ended up paying about $5 a month for a PythonAnywhere account that had everything unblocked.

Reasons for Choosing Algolia

Didn't have to host the algorithm, had a free tier, was extremely easy to set up

Reasons for Switching to Algolia

MeiliSearch I had to host on my own computer and it wasn't very easy to set up. The support people said I had to use Docker which would change my entire project set up. Overall, it was way more confusing and difficult than I expected from the docs. (Algolia was the opposite - the docs seem complex, but that's just because they support so many languages. Actually using with Python was amazingly easy.)

Hugo from Whire

Algolia has become an essential part of our website

Pros

What I like most: the React library and the amazing effort the team has put out to make is flawless! More generally, the response time is great and the docs are really helpful

Cons

Importing data in the interface doesn't work on my side, I would also need more tools to migrate/update data based on queries

Give Your Customers Amazing Experiences with Algolia

Algolia Search gives our customers unique experiences. They can easily find whatever they need. With Algolia Search, they trust us more

Pros

It helps our customers find exactly what they are looking for. It provides a platform on which we can easily achieve our customer-focus objective. It creates a unique bond between us and our clients

Cons

I love all the features on offer on Algolia. I have no complaints

Delightful user experience both as an end user but also developer.

Easy to setup, cost effective search on the cloud.

Pros

Algolia provides an amazing search platform on the cloud. In literally a few steps and minutes you are able to have a good enough search (excluding time to populate it). I had no experience with other search engines like Elasticsearch before hand and I still found it greatly easy. The settings can be defined on the dashboard or via the API which can be both a good and a bad as it can cause miss-configuration. Lastly it is really fast, honestly I worked in commerce shops that build their own search and had to maintain it etc for less than 200k products, now I see that this was well, for no reason.

Cons

As a developer the main problem is the documentation. It lacks, it seems incomplete and although they try to show more languages it would be better to focus on coverage than language adaption.

Pierre-Olivier from Gault&Millau

Best quick and go solution

Algolia is really a blazing fast search solution shorting the time to market. I realy recomande it for user search experience. Now there is one realy missing feature: ability to search by field at search time. Example I have an index with {name, type, location}, search fields are name and location. but for some reason I want to search only in location that match: "t?t?" This is really a topic for advanced search.

Farid from Farid Karioty

Easy and accurate

Pros

Algolia search is very easy to implement and I could test it very easily. I wanted an alternative to Google's product but without loosing quality and that's exactly what I've found with Algolia.

Cons

I tested it a lot, trying places to see if it always worked. The only place I couldn't find was Mount Everest (Google could). I wrote an email to Algolia support but it didn't seem they could do anything about it.

Francisco from ZOMOZ

The best search tool on the market

Allowing my users and customers to see the best results regarding their search. All of this as quick as it possibly can be. Nothing - Can´t complain . I guess the fact that I can´t fully use it but I´m ok with it since my developing team has no real issue with it.

Pros

The fact that it gives our clients the most accurate results in a matter of milliseconds. Algolia continues to improve on a weekly basis and makes our website even better with every update.

Huge Time Saver for App Development

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and adopt into your application. The UI UX is also amazing.

Cons

It is quite pricey in comparison with other more hands-on products. Sometimes bugs do appear in database operations.

Caleb from ThriveWell NG

Algolia Search Review

It delivers results instanteneously, and comes with a lot of useful features.

Pros

It exhibits a flawless search process, users get instant results and can manage the results with utmost flexibilty .

Cons

You have to pay huge fees after exhausting the free plan and thats a bit agreesive on the part algolia.

Vladimir from Emakina.be

Algolia search, from development point of view

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with it. I have used on one project only so far, but I sure would like to try it again. Comparing to some open source solutions (e.g elasticsearch), it is easier to develop and it takes less development time.

Pros

It is fairly easy to integrate, there is a free trial option. Appears to be fast, it can be integrated in various platforms. Support is fast enough and accurate.

Cons

If standard option is not enough, it can be pricy. Administration panel can be a bit an overwhelming for non-tehnical person.

Reasons for Choosing Algolia

As already stated, easier to develop.

Martino Olmo from Supplean

Cut dev time in half

Pros

Powerful search queries, ease of use and extremely well done documentation

Cons

The software doesnt have any negative technical aspect, might get a bit pricey if 1000s of queries are performed daily

Derek from Tanga

Easy to Implement

So easy to get up and running with a ton of search functionality. Costs escalate pretty quickly as you grow. Customer support takes a long time to respond and generally not very helpful.

Pros

easy to use. lots of features.

Cons

too expensive. poor support.

Naseeb from ABGS

Best one, ease to use: Highly Recommended

my overall experience is too good. i highly recommed others to use Algolia Search due to its fabulous features with easy to implement. Search Results are displayed with a incredible speed, doesnot take seconds to load the result that too with providing live search results with each entered alphabets.

Pros

searching was never so responsive and quick before, thanks to Algolia which made my work super fast. Easy to setup, adapt and works extremely fast to display search results!

Cons

about price range: pricing model now is considerably more expensive maybe

Jean-Philippe from Qapa

Blazing fast!

We get results in under a few milliseconds even with a 4 millions users database. They have a great documentation, it's easy to implement and their customer support is really cool.

Pros

Blazing fast, Ease to implement

Cons

Nothing

Patrick from Southside Crew

Pros

Easy to deploy and blazing fast, documentation is straight forward

Cons

Nothing, it‘s just perfect as it is. No trouble so far

Vahan from Vahan's UI & UX Services for Enterprise

Dirty and unethical marketing tactics. Read for more.

Improved search previews (WP+WC). When it comes to search results, good luck making it work or reaching their support and not being asked to spend thousands upon thousands for basic support (hidden bite fees).

Pros

Potentially good software but... pretty disappointed. Read cons. I wish i could share screenshot of their pricing page and the email i've got from their sales team.

Cons

Dirty an unethical marketing, luring to pay HUGE . Very disappointed. I wish i could share screenshot of their pricing page and the email i've got from their sales team.

Eli from Curtsy

The Be All End All for Search

I'm the founding developer at a small tech startup, and Algolia is a dream come true for someone with primarily frontend experience. Implementing realtime search with Algolia took me a couple of hours on my mobile app and website, and most of that time was spent making a custom UI. Algolia couldn't be simpler, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who needs to implement a fairly robust search feature.

Pros

Easy, robust, good documentation

Cons

One of the best search functionality on the website to use

Overall awesome experience, has a lot of features and just misses few!

Pros

Autocomplete feature is a really great thing in this tool. The user just needs to type the words and the products gets listed below

Cons

Although the auto-complete feature is great but in analytics, we don't get to see what the user has actually typed/searched for. Algolia should think how they can tackle this issue!

Jean-Baptiste from NGTV Experience

Optimize the way you search

Pros

I love the fact it's super quick searching tool, and you can configure it to approximation search, and it still works super well.

Cons

It was not super friendly to work with for a non-technical point of view.

Super Easy Integration

Algolia has been amazing for producing quality search results for many products.

Pros

It's so easy to get started, whether you write custom connectors, use premade connectors or use a product that already supports Algolia.

Cons

Using the free tier of service can lead to an outage at the end of the trial period even if your stay under the free threshold of transactions.

Branko from 3bn

Industry: Research

Pros

I like whole software. Easy to implement.

Cons

Geo location works perfect, and its very handy. We

Rick from Excited Dragon LLC

Abstract searching made simple.

So far, so good.

Pros

With Algolia, you basically send them your database records and they search on them using a provided search string. It's integrated with Laravel Scout, so it makes it a breeze to search for items all over our app.

Cons

I haven't used it enough to really know it's limitations.

September 2014

Guillaume

September 2014

It's reliable and blazing fast!

We tried a lot of search services at Socialcam to handle our massive user base (130M+ users).All of them couldn't handle that number of users! It was always super slow. Algolia handles it without any problem but on top of that, it does it at full speed: we get results back in under a few milliseconds. Last but not least, it does it with error handling, which is great as typos are very frequent on smarphone... Also - Algolia was very easy to implement, their documentation is great and they have libraries for almost all languages out there.

Pros

Very Fast, Ease of Use, Documentation, Support, Low Price, Reliability, Typos Handling

Cons

Can't find any!

An easy to use search service for your website

Pros

Algolia Search is an excellent add-in to your website; it significantly helped our customers to get relevant results, and to help them find what they want. This is a really great impact ! Besides I have to mention that setup and configuration are super easy to do : there is a nice dashboard, and you can configure the index and use the instantsearch feature. The developer documentation is awesome. Also, you can customize and check metrics, of course.

Cons

I've never found anything wrong with using Algolia so far. Pricing is far and the customer service is super responsive (<24h delay)

Timothy from solesense

Great, but pricy search engine

Pros

It was very to get started and overall it performed as needed. Being able to tweak result rankings is a fantastic feature.

Cons

The cost structure can be quite expensive for smaller companies, especially if you need to reindex your data frequently.

It's been perfect for us.

Pros

1. It's fast. 2. It works right, there are no glitches. 3. Best customer service that I've worked with in a long time.

Cons

No cons. It's the best around. It does have a little price tag, but it's well worth it of course....

Patrick from Galactic polymath

Awesome, user friendly experience

Pros

Nearing on “Explain to me like I’m 5” simplicity, the tutorial and documentation available to get your data uploaded and searchable are excellent and very straightforward. Effort to power ratio is phenomenal.

Cons

Someone didn’t set everything up for me? That would be a high bar to meet though

Price, user experience, simplicity

Samuel from Social Traders

Great value for a small business with easy access to support

Pros

Great features, easy to integrate with Salesforce API, fast and cheap for small business.

Cons

Add on packages to extend reporting is a flat fee and expensive for small business

Luis from Ockham

Very good search and value for money

We used Algolia to build a search system in a SaaS. We are currently considering incorporating other features. They will hopefully be as good. Very good value for money.

Pros

The best feature is the simplicity of integration with your project, both in the back and front ends, as well as the ease with which the queries may be built.

Cons

Nothing material until now. We will keep experimenting and iterating with this tool and might come accross something worth mentioning. But for now, everything has worked fine.

Response from Algolia

Replied July 2021

Great to hear, thank you Luis!

A hassle free search engine

Pros

- Easy to setup and use in any application or website - Can be a good solution to avoid configuring yourself an ElasticSearch server - The community free plan to help open source projects - Algolia provides extended analytics.

Cons

- As usual with a great service comes a great price

Algolia is the best

Pros

it is very easy to use and implement and it uses json of data search

Cons

it is not working in my country Sudan because of american sanctions

Great app

For the price, is a great option

Pros

The app Algolia is one of the least expensive options.

Cons

Service could be improved, but basically is good

Response from Algolia

Replied June 2021

Great to hear, thank you!

The Review

Pros

Very easy to use and integrate with 3rd party applications

Cons

The software is easy to use, by far the easiest to use