Bookmark Software Reviews

Bookmark Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"Thorugh using it, I get websites and landing pages that do not look like a template and it is super quick to set up any website. The customization aspect is also very good."
  • icon"A definite pro is the ease of laying out a successful site and optimizing flow."
  • icon"The website looks great and it's easy to add things or make changes and publish them."
  • icon"Serious flaw is no 301 redirect capabilities at the time we built in 2019."
  • icon"Also my form keyword attribution tracking software code doesn't seem to detect it. Maybe I'm just missing something."
  • icon"When we investigated further we found that Moneris was flagging them as fraud from our social media account. We lost sales and customer confidence in us due to the issue."

Browse all Bookmark Reviews

• Have you used Bookmark and would like to share your experience with others?

Nathan

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

Great idea but lacking in its power.

Sam

Bookmark Is Awesome!

I am helping people that are not tech savvy claim their footprints on the internet.

Pros

I like that is affordable and has ease of use. I like that there are tips and online trainings to help grow the business.

Cons

I wish it was more customizable. The image editing is not that great when trying to have an image fit better. I also wish it looked better on mobile.

Reasons for choosing Bookmark

Affordability for clients. Duda is more expensive and requires a large yearly or monthly payment.

Sue

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

An Excellent Alternative to WordPress and Other Website Builders

Overall, I am very pleased with Bookmark. You get a lot for a very reasonable amount of money. It allows just the right amount of backend customization, yet not so much that it becomes a burden for users who don't want to get bogged down with features they don't understand.

Pros

I really like how easy Bookmark is to use. It really has all the features I look for in a website builder, without a lot of the headaches people can run into when they use WordPress. I like to use it to build websites for my small business clients who are looking for a dependable website that looks beautiful, but who may not be tech savvy enough to want to deal with learning WordPress.

Cons

The AI builder in Bookmark is fun to use, but I think it could do more to scrape current sites and pull in images that are relevant to my client's current web assets. The AI builder is a great way to quickly build a great looking and functional demo site, but I don't really understand how it is actually using AI. It kind of seems slightly gimmicky in that respect. That said, I still think the AI builder is time saving feature and it is worth using it to spin up a quick website.

Reasons for choosing Bookmark

The cost for Bookmark is much more reasonable. The support is way better. And Bookmark has a great program for agencies who want to use it to build client sites.

Matthew

Take the money and run!

Seemed okay at first but now I HATE working with them.

Pros

Easy to visually set up the website but that's about it.

Cons

You can't upload your blogs and keep the same url, if you pay for their email or it is included in the plan they won't help you with setup, you can't take payment over the phone effectively, customer support just refers you to online irrelevant guides...I don't think they know their own system. I was promised a google credit that they didn't honor. I move to bookmark for more simplicity but since I've moved my SEO has tanked, my sales have struggled, and all I get from bookmark are shrugs. I asked what it would take to get a refund since I paid for a year in advance and they told me there are no refunds. I will appeal to ecwid who they build their system on and hopefully they will be more reasonable.

Response from Bookmark

Hello Matthew, with all due respect we've been helping you for 5 months with every question you've asked. In fact, the total messages back and forth with the support team is 498. We tried really hard to help you Matthew. I think this review is unfairly written. And in regards to the Google Ads $100 credit. Google changed their rules and was no longer offering this credit. So we weren't able to pass it along to you.

Replied December 2018

April 2022

Do Not Trust This Company

Pros

It is fine if you want to be treated like scum.

Cons

I purchased three LIFETIME licenses via AppSumo.com. Everything was fine until they started sending emails "A gentle reminder that your free Bookmark website will be deactivated in ## days". It was NOT free. I paid for the licenses in full, up front. No explanation. Simply pay us more, each month, or we'll turn off your websites.

Reasons for choosing Bookmark

The lifetime license deal, which is not being taken away - without explanation.

Marquita

April 2022

Bookmark is good start for non tech savvy people

Book.ark is good for beginners that need help building their domain and it's design. It's not to hard to use, but some features can give you trouble when using them.

Pros

I like the drag and drop feature, it does make things really easy. Even though you can't really create your own layout from scratch, you are able to quickly create a design that works in a short period of time.

Cons

Some features were giving me trouble like; the blog function. This is big for out company because through our monthly subscription you get to visit our blog page and get tips and lessons, but with this giving us such a time we weren't always able to have this feature up to date or to our liking.

Reasons for switching to Bookmark

We started with GoDaddy years ago and with our company growing the way it was we just decided to go another way as far as buying a domain

Pamela

Industry: Market Research

How did I go so long without this product

I have a large distributed web with multiple subscription sites, clients, and marketing pages. Bookmarks helps me streamline and bring all that in under control. They are wonderful at this point to work with and I don't forsee that their committment to their product is going to change. I'm happy to have found them.

Pros

Quick and easy framework setup using the digital assistant helps me get the website off and running and allows me to focus on the customer and their content.

Cons

Some work still needs to be done on the blog feature, but the websites and ecommerce is a grand slam.

Reasons for switching to Bookmark

OMG! it was a no brainer, when you find the superior product, you simply have to run with it.

Sherry

Not synced with PaydPro Plus

It's extremely hard to keep my instore inventory synced with what is online. I am considering another platform.

Pros

Ease of use and pricing is affordable. Those are positive features.

Cons

I was told before I adopted the platform that it would be integrated with Moneris Getpayd by the end of 2020 or the first quarter of 2021 at the latest. This has not happened and I am told there is no definitive date. I'm disappointed because my decision to adopt was based on this integration.

Reasons for choosing Bookmark

I specifically chose it bc it was supposed to sync with my instore pos.

Jason

Bookmark makes website creation, migration and find tuning easy!

Pros

Since migrating the website away from Wix the speed of our website on the Bookmark platform has increased dramatically. Bookmark is a very handy tool for creating a website and has increased the performance of our site immediately. Truly excellent service and product.

Cons

At first the modules were a bit tricky to get used to while initially customizing the site. However, using the video tutorials I was able to figure most of it out on my own.

Reasons for switching to Bookmark

Wix was slow and cumbersome to use. Bookmark has more options and a more user friendly interface.

Robert

Setting up my website

I am very pleased to have my site up and running

Pros

The possibility to present my products. Had a lot of help from the customer support. Not that easy to get going but with some help I got there

Cons

Not to user friendly but after having some help I got what I needed.

Reasons for choosing Bookmark

Backed by Moneris Royal Bank and offered a full set up.

von

Industry: Sporting Goods

Phenomenal Product

Great support and returned my emails promptly.

Pros

So simple to use with animation , thousands of videos to choose from .

Cons

Software is perfect, just need to add more full contact sports to video library, but thats minor

Reasons for choosing Bookmark

The animation and video aspects on the intro pages and ease of animation to add to pages

Reasons for switching to Bookmark

More easier to control content and editing

Michelle

Amazing customer service, easy to use, incredible output

Helped me design a website lickety split, great imagery, great start to build on. love that we can add ecommerce on when it is time. I've already recommended the product to other friends I have that are starting their own businesses too.

Pros

Pretty simple to use with drag and drop modules. I liked that it generated as many different websites as I could imagine and saved them all so I could go back and pick and choose. The images are super impactful and I LOVE that they are all royalty free. Very cool that they have an add a blog option. The support is AMAZING!!! As easy as it is to use, it takes some time to ramp up on how it works and the support is right there for you. They are really patient and helpful and I used a lot of their how to guides.

Cons

There are different types of 'focuses' which are kind of like templates and it looks like the generated websites combine them in the same manner. It would be awesome if I could pick and choose the focus formats that I wanted. Stronger blog capabilities like commenting and sharing would make it perfect!

Response from Bookmark

Hi Michelle, thank you for leaving uy a review. We've addressing both of your Cons in the near future by improving our blog feature and we'll soon be adding many many more focuses to choose from for each type of focus. Will be sort of like an ala cart ability for sections of your website.

Replied December 2018

Roxana

February 2022

Give it a try, you'll love it!

We don't have enough time to manage it all.. so a solution like Bookmark that automates things for us - that's a dream come true!

Pros

I like that I do not need any coding skills to work with this tool. I can simply drag and drop and everything falls into place perfectly on our website!

Cons

Everything is great! 10/10 for sure, nothing to complain about.

Christian

we had 2 staff check if out after purchasing a LTD lifetime deal on APPSUMO

Nothing difficult to use. We selected it for ease of use for non techy staff, while the deal and value were amazing!!! Switched over last Fall 2019 so would be ready for January 2020 and it allowed us to hit the deadline. It refreshed or reinvigorated out outdated web brand. It allowed us to fix this in record time saving us $4000 with our old company. It became a staff DIY project that seemed to be fun for them. They had no complaints as they figured it out easily without the training as it is that intuitive. It is 1000% better than my last website, excited about the blog inclusion as well, and the fact I and not dishing out $50.00 per month on hosting any longer, which was highway robbery with my old site. Although both companies have good customer support it seems. We have tried Wix and GoDaddy as well as Wordpress, but it seems like this is the one they decided on to get the job done and they got it done quickly. As a Owner Manager I like it when teams relieve me of worry and this product did that. I can't recommend them enough if you are not a technical web designer and you want to build an amazingly good site with support from their Aritificial Intelligence tool - AI (AIDA they call it).

Pros

They loved the intuitive AIDA approach. I was going to dish out $4000 on a new site, but they had it up and running within 6 to 7 hours utilizing all the old outdated website good stuff for copy and upgrading some new ideas easily while having a great new refreshed brand look that our clients commented on as we represent their brands when recruiting staff for them. www.execusource.ca is the new site. The old Search Firm (Staffing Corp) site was http://www.execusourcegroup.com/

Cons

I know I have allot of Wordpress plugsint that are not useable with it, but who care.

Reasons for choosing Bookmark

I am going with what I was told by the team, but seems like lots of functionality, good value for the price, Biggest seller was ease of use for great aesthetics.

Reasons for switching to Bookmark

Old Product was clunky and we couldn't easily adapt the look without paying the web design firm that built it almost $4000.00

Terry

Excellent product feature rich website builder

Beautiful website, easy to update and change around my content.

Pros

I've reached many website builders and found this one to be the easiest to use as the AI software builds your website for you and its beautiful. After my site was built I spent another hour adding my images and words and was ready to go.

Cons

I don't have any negative aspects yet to report. I have been happy with the service and would recommend it to anyone.

Response from Bookmark

Thank you Terry, we're happy to have taken care of your needs. Appreciate the kind words.

Replied June 2018

Sebastian

Flexible, Fast, and Friggin' Awesome

Pros

From the first step of creating a new site to the final touches, Bookmark is by far the most efficient and quick builder I have used to date. And not to mention the most fun. The different creation options are a great option too. Some more main features that I love to use, and that differentiate Bookmark from other builders: - Super quick addition of 'focus' page sections - Ability to edit text and images so quickly - Quick access to commercial, free, use HQ stock photos within builder - add lots of images via search to library - Client sub-accounts with the Agency plan - Different ability to create a new version on AI site when you make a new site, if the first version isn't what you envisioned you can just click "creat" again and it will change up quite a bit! - Plain fast speed of literally everything - Amazing for 1 pager fixed menu scroll landing page sites for Google Ads, specific client service, opt-in lead gen, etc. - Able to throw together site mockups for clients within 5 minutes.. talk about efficient - Quick addition and editing of new pages, menu, styling, etc. etc. (everything is fast) Get Bookmark.com now if you are considering it!

Cons

Here are some very specific things, not necessarily even a worry for most people but worth mentioning, for niche use cases. These are more along the line of suggestions, and maybe even some of these things are on the development forecast: - built-in form doesn't have really any flexibility (But it still does work well). Also my form keyword attribution tracking software code doesn't seem to detect it.. maybe I'm just missing something :)) - keep in mind the images needed for parralax header sections seem to always need to be super high quality. If not it is very easy for them to show up as pixely or grainy. Imagery is one main thing about websites so just make sure you have the right images and quality (Although It is very easy to use the free commercial use photos provided by Bookmark and integrated Pixabay) - ability to edit mobile view would be nice, it almost always works great and you can preview it but when you adjust spacers etc. sometimes it isn't perfect. Doesn't really come up often though!

Wendy

Great AI website builder with lots of potential

Overall I love the platform and its potential. It is lacking in a few features right now because it's a bit newer than other platforms on the market; however Bookmark is prioritizing and releasing more functionality all the time. In a few months I believe this will be one of the top website builders out there.

Pros

I love how quick it is to get a shell of a website up and running, ready for editing. I can use the AI builder to pick an industry and my style, then it creates a fully functional website in a couple minutes. Of course then you can edit it to match your color scheme and update your content to make it reflect your own brand, which will take some time of course. But getting to the point where you can start editing is minutes vs. hours with some other website builders. Also I like how simple yet powerful the website editor is. It's super easy to add modules and entire pre-built content areas which you can then customize further. Also it's very touch-screen friendly. Some other builder tools I'v used don't work at all when using touch screens. Also their sites are hosted on Amazon's AWS cloud servers, which are lightning fast.

Cons

Currently it's missing some key functionality that I know they are working on and will be added soon. But at the moment their blog features are lacking. There isn't a way to save a blog post layout and use it as a template going forward for future blog posts. You have to recreate each post from scratch. Also no way to dynamically display the last n blog posts, for example to display a blog feed on your home page. You currently have to build that manually. Functionality is supposedly being built to address these issues soon.

Nicholas