Browse Constant Contact Reviews

Robin from Ireland Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Constant Contact helps me and my clients stay in touch and generate sales

I've attended several Constant Contact classes, and as a result of what I learned, was able to set up a monthly e-magazine for a client that had 6000 recipients and between 5-10 paid advertisers each month. For another client, we set up a monthly email with coupons for returning customers that was very effective at generating repeat business. The data collection features have helped me and my clients grow our client databases. Another corporate client has used Constant Contact to send notifications and newsletters to their employees.

Pros

There are quite a few things to like about Constant Contact, including the number of available, local classes. The vast number of templates available make the process of setting up email campaigns fast and easy, as does having a library of graphics.

Cons

I've been very happy with Constant Content over the years. While there have been a few glitches, they were easily solved with help from customer service. There is always a representative available to help by chat or phone.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

I've found the process of designing and sending emails with Constant Content easier and more streamlined that other products I've tried.

Hafizah from Celcom Axiata Berhad

Constant Contact review

Pros

Constant Contact excels in handling various groups/lists and large numbers of contacts. I've dealt with companies with a vast customer base, and Constant Contact enables you to manually eliminate subscribers and errors from more extensive groups/lists. They're coming out with a new edition of their email builders, but the existing one allows for individual CSS coding per block, which allows for a lot of customization.

Cons

Constant Contact has several oddities that I haven't encounter with Mailchimp, especially when using external connections for photographs and URLs. The email builder's text and link editing is a little strange and has a few flaws. Also, unless you make folders for all of your emails, the new search option for past emails is quite sluggish and takes a very long time to find.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Zoho Mail is slow to loading the email and not many useful feature can be find there.

August 2016

Aaron from Bold Brew Studios LLC

August 2016

Great For Large Contact Base

Pros

Constant Contact does a great job of managing multiple groups/list and lots of contacts. I've worked with clients who have a large customer base and Constant Contact allows managing large amounts of group/lists and allows you to manual remove unsubscribers and errors. They are rolling out a new version of their email builder, but the older version does allow custom css coding per block which really allows customizing their templates.

Cons

There are a lot of quirks within Constant Contact that I haven't seen in Mailchimp, specifically with using external links for photos and links. The actual editing of text and links within the email builder is quirky and has some issues. Also, the new search feature for previous emails is really slow and takes a long time to find previous emails unless you create folders for all your emails.

Lisa from Florida-ACCPA

We think of Constant Contact as one of our team members!

Always a great experience using Constant Contact ... and on the very rare occasion when I may have a question or concern, their Customer Support is excellent.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it super easy to stay in touch with our association members as well as to create various marketing campaigns.

Cons

The only negative I have is with pricing. While Constant Contact provides tremendous value, and offers fantastic savings for a subscription paid annually (which is a good thing) ... for us as a non-profit, it is easier budget-wise for us to pay monthly, so we are not able to take advantage of the bigger discount. It would be helpful if Constant Contact allowed those same savings to be applied for non-profits who pay monthly ... especially since we have been a long-time customer.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

I had heard great things about Constant Contact, so I recommended it for our association to try. No regrets ... it was the best decision, and we have no intention of switching to any other e-mail program.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

At the time (about 10 years ago), we had been with cvent for a few years, and their e-mail module was not at all user-friendly. Moving to Contact Contact was the best thing we ever did for our marketing efforts.

Kali from Bath Fitter

Top Notch Email Marketing

I've used Constant Contact to design and automate newsletters monthly for a couple softball leagues I ran over the last 10 years. I've used it to email prospective customers about promotions in the current position I hold in a bathroom remodeling company. It's always simple, efficient, and inexpensive, really.

Pros

I have most often used the email marketing Constant Contact offers. There are pre-designed templates, if you'd prefer to use something already built and just plug in your own information. You can also design your own from scratch. They make it super simple and make branding a part of the process by giving you a color scheme to stick to while designing.

Cons

I was disappointed when the dropped the event portion of their program and integrated with Eventbrite. I personally liked the way it worked through Contact Contact much better then Eventbrite. Also, sometimes the emails go into the spam folder of a recipient and no one wants to end up in the spam folder.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

I chose Constant Contact over Mailchimp because I like the design options better in Constant Contact.

Yvonne from Livingston - Polk County Chamber of Commerce

Working with Constant Contact

Overall, I like the formats and the several different platforms Constant Contact provides. I can do an email, plan an event or do a survey.

Pros

I like most about this software is the integrating with my database. I don't have to type all my contacts.

Cons

I have to go threw each contact and remove the ones who have cancelled their membership with the Chamber, but didn't unsubscribed, and if someone unsubscribes they cannot be added back. Corporations have blocked emails from Constant Contact so those members cannot receive emails from my organization.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

At the time, Constant Contact integrated with the database software we use in the office.

Courtney from Wallace & Co Consulting

Great email marketing platform!

My overall experience with this platform has been great. Our email campaign and overall site traffic has increased since implementing. I would definitely reccommend it to anyone looking for an email marketing service.

Pros

I love the constant contact platform. It's very easy to use and allows for seamless email marketing creation and distribution. Managing multiple lists is super simple. Also seeing the diagnostics of who reads the emails and where they click is super helpful when campaign building.

Cons

Sometimes the templates can be a little finicky. However, there are work arounds that are shared via tutorials and forums. Which are very helpful!

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Additional functionality available in constant contact and reccommendations from colleagues.

Peter from Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2A

A solid platform for sending out mass communications.

I think Constant Contact is an overall solid platform that makes it fairly easy to compose mass emails.

Pros

I like the drag and drop interface to create marketing emails. I also like all the customization options, such as including photos, columns, videos, etc.

Cons

The process of managing contact profiles, such as unsubscribing or resubscribing contacts, can be a bit cumbersome. I also wish there were a few more layout options for the emails, such as more custom columns.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

The drag and drop interface made composing emails on Constant Contact easy.

Roxanne from Grandma's Place

Constant Constant is an easy way to stay in contact with your donors

Constant Contact has made it very easy for us to stay in contact with our donors. We can also segment our emails to different people in our system.

Pros

I like that it was included FREE with DonorPerfect. It also integrates with the database so you can send out emails to ALL your donors or segment them per their giving history.

Cons

That I really can't do all the graphics that I would like to do. There is probably a way to do this but I really don't know how.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Constant Contact was included free with our new donor management system.

Aline from Sapphire Ink N Toner

Tried it and was not for me

Good in the beginning. Lots of promises. From a small company point of view, I expected more. Do what you say you are going to do!

Pros

It was an easy process setup with all documentation and videos available. Options were clear for each step.

Cons

I was told and online, it indicates easy syncing with Woocommerce. When trying to do so, my account got stuck at updating. I was told I had to purchase another app to enable the sync. Nowhere was that indicated.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

A sales agent called and sold me on what they can do for me.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

I am trying and testing many apps till I settle on what I want. It is a sound business decision to test out and not settle.

Michele from Western New York Family Magazine

Industry: Publishing

Invaluable Tool for A Small Business or ANY Business

Constant Contact revolutionized the way we communicate with our clients to let them know what's coming up in our issues and how they can participate (our magazine is 100 percent supported by advertising) and our readers (each month we create an email "alert" with Constant Contact which lets our readership know that our free digital issue is now available online). My whole staff knows how to use it and it can be adapted to a great variety of communication purposes. Clients can download our rate kits from a Constant Contact email; readers can link to our issues from it. It has lowered our print bills for collateral materials immensely. No more printed flyers or brochures! And no more use of snail mail — clients can receive your Constant Contact mail immediately or at a pre-scheduled time.

Pros

Very easy to use. If you know how to upload an image or a graphic, you can create eye-catching emails or newsletter style communications very easily and modify or update them frequently and quickly. The analytics -- to see the percentage of recipients who opened your email and exactly which person did or didn't, the bounce rate which allows you to keep your lists current, and many other features are not only helpful but simple to use.

Cons

As time has gone on, the cost has increased, but it still saves us a great deal of money because our postage costs have gone way down. We hardly ever use our postage meter anymore for marketing mailings. It's all done through Constant Contact. They used to have a free desktop "widget" that allowed you to input an email address right from your desktop, but that has now been discontinued. It was extremely convenient for the way we do business. There are now other ways (paid) you can connect directly to Constant Contact to have new email addresses input, but we have not been successful at getting them to interface for us, even though they are supposed to work. Constant Contact support was not helpful on this at all -- this happened recently and was really our only disappointment with them EVER!

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

It was free at the time (for a certain low level of users) and the emails it produced looked more sophisticated in design than other products.

Michelle from Montini Catholic High School

Ease of use for Small Shop

The team was great in getting us set up as non-profit with reduced pricing. Using their analytic tools for our website and social media has been an added benefit for us.

Pros

Constant Contact is easy to learn, use and gather reports. The functionality is great and helps eliminate duplicating work. We love the ability to drop in a you tube video, conduct surveys and gather RSVPs.

Cons

Only frustrating part is being signed out of account, but still being able to make changes. You don't know that your time has expired until you go to save the changes.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

We choose Constant Contact based on recommendations from other schools that use it.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

We switched from Finalsite since we did not renew our contract with them. Our new website provider does not provide email integration - Constant Contact was the perfect fit for us.

Neffer from CPS

Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Pros

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out. What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Cons

I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

Selene from Pink Martini Designs

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the expense!

Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Pros

As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Cons

While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

Feyisayo from Fabeny Consulting

Bulk Email Marketing At Its Best

I like using Constant Contact and the experience has been good especially with bulk email sending.

Pros

1. Constant Contact makes it easy for me to send bulk email that goes straight to inbox and that what got me entangled with it. 2. I noticed a very rare feature that Constant Contact have that many other doesnt have. Constant Contact, allows me to collect donations from people. Many of the clients i have helped setup Constant Contact like the donation feature part so much too. 3. Constant Contact allows me create absolutely any kind of form that is needed for my list building.

Cons

Constant Contact doesnt have a free forever basic plan. Although they give first month free but I think they should have a plan for small businesses starting out who cannot afford their $20 a month.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Sendinblue plan doesn't fit my budget, its too high compared to Constant Contact. Also, Sendinblue free plan is not encouraging. It says I can only send 300 emails per day.

Curt from Committee for Justice

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

The email analytics and reports are great.

Pros

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Cons

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

Andrea from Woman to Woman Mentoring, Inc.

Don’t sleep on Constant Contact!!!!

We love Constant Contact! The decision to switch to CC last year was the best decision that we made all year! It’s made our lives so much easier and we are definitely reaching more people!

Pros

Ease of use Beautifully organized with list/ calendar views, folders, and list management attributes Automated social media and email scheduling Campaign management Landing pages Forms Lead Ads Reporting both original and resends in detail with drill downs so that you can see who exactly clicked!

Cons

There is some room for improvement in the ability to tag other pages in the social media posting section. When I post, I have to leave the site to find the social handles of the people/businesses that I’m trying to tag. If it could auto populate like it does in the social media sites that would be amazing! More lead ad options other than just Facebook. Integrate with AirTable!

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Our donor management system (DonorPerfect) provided a Constant Contact integration option, which was a game changer! And Mailchimp was clunky and outdated. I was very confused by it. Constant Contact makes everything easier and there are so many options and customizations. It was so worth the switch!

Erica from JumpBunch

It keeps getting better!

Constant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.

Pros

Love the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails. Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails. Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.

Cons

It's difficult to manage old campaigns. Want to see what your message was last time, what template you used, or how long ago you sent an email to a particular group? Good luck - you'll be scrolling through pages of old campaigns by hand. At this time, you can't run reports to compare the percentage of opens/click-throughs per recipient group, or to compare how various keywords or send-times compare. To really analyze your marketing approach, you'll have to extract this data by hand. Some of the updates (i.e. A/B testing, custom template options) have been available to users of free competitor services for years. It would be nice to see Constant Contact take a more proactive approach to innovation and updates.

Cheryle from Plan B People, LLC

Review for Constant Contact

Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Pros

Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

Cons

I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

MailChip was more expensive and harder to use.

Nathan from CareerSource Florida

Industry: Public Policy

Robust Email Marketing

Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.

Cons

Permissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.

Sonia Del Valle from Somos Viaje

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The best way to promote your company by email is with Constant Contact

Constant Contact has been very helpful for our company, it is an excellent marketing tool that has allowed us to increase our customers and sales significantly. It is a very complete and effective system but at the same time a little expensive if you have many contacts, but I think it is worth the investment.

Pros

Constant Contact has many features and functionalities that allow us to effectively promote any product, business or company. It's easy to start creating email marketing campaigns with Constant Contact. It is intuitive and easy to use, its interface is simple and allows us to adapt easily to your work environment. You can create effective campaigns with a pleasant and innovative visual style since the system has a large number of templates that we can customize and adapt to any type of campaign, there are many different designs that we can choose from. Constant Contact will allow us to direct our campaigns to one or more contact lists that we have since we can segment our contacts very easily, simply creating different lists for each group of contacts that we need We can perform an analysis on the campaigns sent through the option of reports, being able to quickly verify the percentages of opening, clicks, rebounds and unsubscriptions and thus we can be improving the effectiveness of our campaigns   Constant Contact allows integration with other systems such as Shopify, Wordpress, BigCommerce, facebook and others.

Cons

I think your support staff are not so good, when we call support it is difficult to find an operator that speaks Spanish and we lose a lot of time on the call, I also think that Constant Contact is a bit expensive system.

Trish from German Shepherd Rescue of Northern California

Email Marketing

Overall, it's very good. It's pretty easy to use and the emails are really nice looking. They provide lots of templates to choose from or you can design your own. You can create many contact lists so you can target your emails to the group you're trying to reach.

Pros

Constant Contact is easy to use. You don't have to have extensive training in order to figure it out. They have lots of templates to choose from. You can talk or chat to a real person when you need help. They also offer a non-profit discount, which is very nice. The emails are very nice and professional looking. Once you have a template you like, you can copy it each time and change the colors to make it look fresh.

Cons

The events site is set up a little different than the regular emails. So adding things to the landing page isn't quite as easy as the drag and drop method that's available for the email marketing portion. Also, the event feature is good for taking basic registrations and payments (like selling items) but not great for a full blown event. We used it for several years for our fundraising event but it was a bit cumbersome. There was no easy way to do things like offer sponsor levels with X number of guest tickets included. Eventually we moved our fundraiser to an event-specific software.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Mail Chimp didn't seem quite as flexible. It wasn't as easy to use and you are charged for every email in each contact list you create. So if you have a contact in three different lists, you are charged three times for it. With Constant Contact, you pay by the number of contacts but they do not count the duplicates.

Sheri from Arrow Equipment Inc.

An email marketing platform that works!

Pros

We signed up with Constant Contact in somewhat a state of desperation, after having no luck with other platforms to do what we wanted them to. We were looking for an email marketing platform that would effectively take our data and create merge fields that worked, had the ability to segment lists, and also provided detailed reports including who had opened it, who had not unopened it and had the ability to re-send with one-click to everyone who had not opened a specific email. We also wanted a platform where we could create our own customizable template that still had a professional appearance. Constant Contact did all this for us, and our customers have been commenting on how the communication we're sending them "looks professional, has a consistent look, and always has relevant content". We couldn't have achieved this without Constant Contact!

Cons

The one disadvantage with Constant Contact is that anyone that has the same email address is merged into one contact. This has been a small issue for us where we want to keep both contacts names even though they have the same email address. We have been able to work around this by asking all our customers with duplicate email addresses to update their email address.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

It had more capabilities and the price was right.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Campaigner's program was very klunky and hard to navigate. Not an efficient or seamless user experience.

Jeff from Bicoastal Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

A nimble framework with solid variety

Over all, it satisfies with tons of options and features. It's been around for quite a while so it has maturity. I like that, because it's less likely to drop off the grid and force me to learn a different application. With the savings of a few home-made cappuccinos instead spending at the coffee stand, you can easily afford this!

Pros

Constant Contact has a smooth feel and almost always gives back more than I put into it. It's simple, solid, and scores big with me in mass management of details, as well as private and public listings. From crafting a simple update, to publishing an intricate periodical, it does the trick. The better your skills in composition and design, the better this suite will engage your craft. If you're not really into complex "back end" matters, like analytics, CTA, efficiency, and delivery success, that's ok. You'll still be able to feel the "pulse"; and like many things, the rest will come with time. The best part is that it grows on you over time, instead of impressing you upfront, and then disappointing. This "work-on-it-anywhere" app is chock full of tools for social marketing, surveys and campaigns, monitoring, scheduling, automation and similar workflows, to design, custom templates, storage, libraries, and hosting, etc. However, don't ease up on your final proof, because that's where I make the "best" mistakes! The more polished it is, the more embarrassing that typo will be! Constant Contact is a multi-level mobile tool, with plans that meet well.

Cons

While I don't always anticipate maintenance down-times, a more diverse notification system of maintenance times would be nice. I also believe a "pay-per-use" option for a reasonable time-frame would be great for businesses with less predictable budgets, trying to get off the ground. Also, sometimes design tools aren't as pliable as I'd like sometimes (I'm a so-so perfectionist). But for the price, that's ok!

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

The layout and functional aspects were laid out in a way that was more familiar to me than other products that we looked at. I don't recall all which ones we looked at.

Daniel from Gann Academy

Super easy to use, less functionality that Mailchimp but not necessarily a bad thing

We use Constant Contact for marketing, admissions and development emails. We recently made the switch from MailChimp to Constant Contact because I, as the primary user, was wanting something that would be less labor-intensive. While having fewer features and customizable content as Mailchimp, it's nice not having to hand code anything. Additionally, it seems to provide a similar experience regardless of browser. With Mailchimp we kept having diplay/layout issues with recipients viewing in Outlook 365 on a PC.

Pros

It's simple. Drag and drop editor is dummy proof. Very simple to build emails and automations. Ability to do emails with multiple columns.

Cons

Not able to do edge-to-edge designs and the footer is less customizable than our previous email software (Mailchimp)

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

While having fewer features and customizable content as Mailchimp, it's nice not having to hand-code anything. After Mailchimp updated their interface in 2018/19, we found a number of display issues that appeared for recipients using Outlook. Mailchimp did not offer three column photos with text, a feature we needed for our newsletter. The new image editor that Mailchimp added in 2019 is frustrating. Whenever I'd upload an image, I then had to click to resize it, save it, then click edit again to make any additional changes. For some reason it would never let me do everything at once. This seems like a little issue, but the frustration of waiting for the image to process was too much... Lastly, Constant Contact has a feature for readers to do a survey inside of the email. Since our newsletter doesn't have click throughs, this feature is beneficial to judge actual engagement.

Karen from Elmbrook Church

The industry leader that I WANT to love

Their pricing is competitive for organizations with 10,000 or more contacts. But at the end of the day, the sweet spot of Constant Contact is basic communication, not marketing. Mobile-first responsive designs and customizable automation sequences should be a given for an industry leader known as the original pioneer of email marketing. Unfortunately, I can pick out a Constant Contact email in my inbox at a glance — and not just because of the requisite CC branding at the bottom. The look is less than elegant and does little to strengthen a company's brand.

Pros

It's easy to create opt-in lists and sign-up forms. There are lots of templates available to choose from, plus survey functionality and integrations with social media.

Cons

The email template designs are less than sophisticated. Many don't look good when read on a mobile device, which — thank you, Constant Contact analytics! — more than 55% of our recipients use to open their emails. The drag-and-drop interface has more limited functionality than other email providers I've tried. Design customization options are limited without knowing advanced CSS and HTML coding. In addition, automation sequences are limited to basic autoresponders. They are challenging to set up, and there are no "if/then" logic options for sending automated messages.

Meher from IOK CHESS

Great tool for outreach, easy to learn

Its easy to use once you get the hang of it, its user friendly, its cost effective, and their customer service is excellent.

Pros

It's effective in it's data measuring, I like how I can view data in multiple ways to help me make the right decisions for my organizations marketing initiatives. I also like that I can make my own templates and embed them in. The mobile and desktop version formats are both also excellent.

Cons

Its not as smooth sailing from the get-go as other softwares like mailchimp. There's a bit of a learning curve with the pre-available templates and the space to work isn't too big.

It was more affordable

Lisa from 3SI Security Systems

Great for emails...limited reporting/info available

Constant Contact was a great tool for us while we were getting started with our email program. It's reasonably priced and easy to use and makes users look very professional. We just outgrew it and needed more in-depth marketing information so we've moved on.

Pros

Constant Contact is very user-friendly. With little to no training, users can easily create professional-looking emails. There are many templates to choose from and they, again, look very professional. It is perfect for businesses without designers on staff. Another major advantage is the pricing...it is SUPER reasonably priced.

Cons

A couple of issues...first, while I understand the need to manage contacts and spam issues, they can be unreasonable with blocking you from sending emails. People unsubscribe and claim you are junk mail even when you aren't...there's nothing you can do about it, yet you still get dinged for it. Second, you are limited in how much info you can see about users. We switched to another program that provides a lot more visibility into what users do, including linking to web pages visited. This isn't a fault of Constant Contact, it's just not a service they offer. Finally, be aware that there are a lot of challenges if you are sending to a lot of users with Outlook. I know that Outlook is difficult to work with, but many if not most business users use Outlook, so templates and emails have to display well there. It's a challenge with our new software as well...I don't know if anyone has really cracked the Outlook solution yet.

Zuhairah from Shopee

Email marketing with Constant Contact

Pros

Constant Contact is definitely on the top-tier software for managing and distributing email marketing and they are very good in it. The template design is very interactive and easy to edit it to fit with the email objective. We had a good response and email open rate with this software.

Cons

The price plan is quite expensive after you reach the limit for the contact list and how much email can be sent for a month worth. The user interface for the dashboard can be improve to the modern design, as for now, the looks of the dashboard is quite outdated.

Jennifer from Second Wind Ltd.

Have made some nice improvements

Pros

We've been using Constant Contact for a number of years for our email marketing efforts. The interface is easy to use, although a bit glitchy at times, and I have seen a number of platform upgrades as well. I like the ready made templates available which come in handy when needing to put together an email quickly. The analytics provided are good, although I can't comment on how robust they are given this is the only platform I have ever used for email marketing. The addition of some email automation has been nice as well. Also, the recently added inbox previews has been nice to help tighten up subject lines and formatting.

Cons

Sometimes I've noticed the interface can be a bit glitchy when building an email. The buttons used for changing background color and making edits can be elusive at times. I also don't like how there is no search function for finding sent emails by name. I know you can filter emails by date sent and categorize them in folders but it would be nice to be able to search by an exact email title.

Melissa from Faith Presbyterian Church

Has been a lifesaver!

Overall, we really have enjoyed the ConstantContact app. As I mentioned earlier, it has proven invaluable to us on more than one occasion when getting vital information to the congregation was time sensitive.

Pros

I really love the fact that if we have a church announcement that just HAS to go out immediately, ConstantContact can get it out to our entire congregation within 3 minutes of my sending it. They also have wonderful, friendly, customer service.

Cons

There are some minor issues with user-friendliness and ease of navigation. The interface should be a little more "simple" for those of us who are not totally comfortable with using a publisher.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Microsoft Publisher was a nightmare. I'm not sure about MailChimp as it was no longer in use by the time I came onboard in 2012. Rumor has it though that it was becoming less user friendly and the price was not as economically sound as it had been.

David from University of Alaska Foundation

A truly great marketing email platform

On the whole, I find Constant Contact to be the best email marketing platform for the money. The feature set is very rich and while it can be a bit more complex than competitors like MailChimp, it is the best-in-class solution for those needing broad control over their email content and easy delivery.

Pros

Constant Contact is an easy to use bulk email online service. You have several templates to choose from and all of them are customizable. Designing everything from an invitation to a complex newsletter can usually be achieved within just a few minutes. Tracking email opens, clicks, and other metrics is equally simple. Getting basic business intelligence about trends in email activity is also easily accomplished. Customer service is fantastic. We have had everyone of our cases resolved quickly and easily.

Cons

Constant Contact can be a little fastidious about unsubscribers and spam reports. The customer has very little control once a recipient has either unsubscribed or reported spam. They can’t be emailed again. Even if you are able to reach the customer and convince them to resume service or the customer made a mistake, it can be very difficult to re-enable their service. Exporting your data is simple, however, Constant Contact itself doesn’t allow much in terms of integration with other software’s. It’s all export/import. There are a number of developers that produce plug-ins for individual programs, but they don’t always work properly. You take your own risks with those.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

We chose Constant Contact because of better feature set and Direct Mail is a desktop app only for Macs.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

We switched from MailChimp because of weak customer service. It was cheaper at the time, but we needed better service.

Adam from Aldis Systems

Get up and running easily

Overall, I like their niche. They are not trying to be something they are not and they have made huge improvements over the years to the GUI Interface.

Pros

The ease of making a custom email was exactly what we were looking for. We send out a Holiday greeting each year (we buy 2 months worth of CC every year). Once we have made a solid contacts.csv file the rest is really drag and drop. Also, a CC representative threw in a sample email that looks like our website...it was pretty neat, but not Holiday appropriate. Overall, our Holiday email goes out without a hitch and we get some nice reporting on the back-end that helps us for next year.

Cons

My only pet-peeve is if you want to cancel the subscription, you have to go through a sales rep. Slightly annoying in our case. However, all the reps were friendly and low pressure. We were able to cancel in one phone call.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Cost, ease of use...it's a known quantity for us.

Keeping up with Email Data and Contacts

Sending emails out on a daily basis and extracting that data keeps my boss happy and healthy. We are always checking out their new features that might help us even more on our marketing trails. For what you get, you are not paying too much which is cost effective!

Pros

The feature that is most useful in my current job situation is the technology this program has to track opens and clicks for basic to intricate emails that are sent out to customers. This helps us to determine our most interested and time worthy customers/prospects for different products. Another thing is that you can import/export large amounts of data whenever you need it, and they have the tools all over the website that can help you every step of the way how to get the most out of the email campaigns. Continuous updates and features are added to the website monthly, with an article explaining all about it pops up in your notifications.

Cons

Sometimes if there is too much data/campaigns integrated into the website it can slow simple tasks down by large degree. Also there are many late night website touch ups they need to do to make the program better - but also annoys us night owls that like to get projects done late at night.

Edward from E*TRADE

Easy To Use, But Graphics/Look Has Early 2000s Vibe

Pros

It is very simple to use! The navigation is simple :) It really couldn't be any easier for a first-time user to figure out. A kid could definitely use it without any guidance (provided that they can read). I really enjoy using it, so that's a plus. I also love that you can view how many emails were opened , even who opened them and what they clicked on! As a marketing person, that's the greatest gift ever. Real data you can see, use and understand. Sadly, not all marketing products offer that. But Constant Contact does! And they do it well.

Cons

Most of the templates end up looking sort of outdated. I describe it as "an early 2000s vibe." They could really use a face-lift to make them more attractive. That's honestly the only thing I don't like about it. Everything else is super great! Wish they'd adapted a more Mailchimp-esque look for all of their products. I think they would crush the competition if they changed up the look a bit.

Grace from Craniosacral Therapy Asheville

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Helps me reach my clients easily

Constant Contact has helped me reach a larger group of clients, by helping me to create attractive emails that represent my business well.

Pros

I love the templates and the ease of creating great looking emails. It's easy to update the contact list. And I like that I can see a preview of the email as it will appear on computers and on mobile devices. I also really like the feedback that the data tracking component gives me.

Cons

There are a couple spots in the templates that can be glitchy. Sometimes blocks of text will get gaps or random changes in font size -- I have to do several test-emails to check that it will appear in good order on both computers and on mobile devices. That can be time-consuming. Also, some clients report having an issue finding the emails that come from Constant Contact, because the emails end up in spam folders or with warning messages attached.

I don't remember.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Gmail has a limit on how many emails can be sent per day. When my client base grew to exceed that number, it became time-consuming to break the contact list into smaller numbers in order to send the emails out over several days.

Akande from Hunter Industries

A simple and robust solution for Email marketing

Constant Contact is a great solution for smaller organizations that have simple email marketing needs. They do what they do very well and offer a solution that is easy to learn and adopt within smaller organizations. I would definitely recommend it to small businesses or non-profits.

Pros

Constant Contact has a very clean interface and a dashboard that makes it easy to navigate and learn. When compared to other solutions like Mailchimp, I found Constant Contact to be more intuitive and simpler. Our client was able to adopt it quickly where they struggled with other solutions.

Cons

Constant Contact's List set up is not very robust and is somewhat limiting. Their email builder is very structured as well, which can be good for some, but can be difficult to navigate for more custom email builds or email builds that leverage dynamic content.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

There was an integration challenge that Mailchimp faced, but even before that, implementing Mailchimp and getting adoption was tough.

Good alternative for email marketing

We are able to send out weekly newsletters to our clients as well as segment audiences easily. Constant contact was able to give us a custom invoice that we requested.

Pros

Constant Contact is easy to use and intuitive. It's simple to set up new contacts and campaigns, and can do so quickly.

Cons

The interface looks a bit dated, and there's not ability to incorporate video or gifs. The site freezes at times when creating a campaign.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Constant contact was the most inexpensive and easiest option to use.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Mailchimp was not able to give us a custom invoice that we needed in order to procure the software for our financial department.

Kristen from Girls on the Run

Email Contacts

My overall experience with Constant Contact has been wonderful. Constant Contact allows me to reach a lot of individuals in a short period of time and helps ensure that all contacts ar maintained in one database.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ability to reach a lot of client, customers, vendors, donors, etc., quickly as well as the ability to locate contact information on these individuals from any point intime in which we interfaced with them. The software helps us ensure effective and timely communciation which drive donor retention, fundraising, enrollment, etc. Constant Contact is an essential investment for all nonprofits.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it does not recognize duplicate individuals; we have to screen and purge those entries ourselves.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

We were only using an EXCEL spreadsheet which was very time consuming as the data entry tool a vey long time!

Maggie from Provident, Inc. - Saint Louis, MO

Easy to use and segment data

I have used similar products from 2 competitors. I highly recommend Constant Contact. The ease of use, and data segmentation make this product far superior. The email templates aren't real flashy, but you can add colors and pictures and your end result always looks very clean. The other products I have used were not nearly as intuitive as Constant Contact and I found them hard to learn.

Pros

We have a lot of different email lists that we utilize. This products makes it SUPER easy to segment your lists and to send emails for different purposes. We like the reporting feature and find this very helpful in determining the success of our marketing efforts.

Cons

There isn't an easy was to allow others to forward our emails. The forward to a friend feature was removed a few years ago.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

I did not find it as easy to segment our data in mail chimp.

Grace from Touched By Grace

Send out professional looking emails securely and with a good delivery rate.

Constant Contact allows me to easily send professional emails to my clients and readers without worrying about leaking their data out or delivering viruses to their inboxes.

Pros

The email design features are awesome, and adding pictures is pretty easy. You can build your own library of photos to use. Designing and changing email templates is quite straightforward, and fully customizable with colours, fonts and 'blocks' of type such as main feature, coupon, etc. I have only used customer support twice and they were cheerful and helpful. Almost every email brings one or more bookings so I feel using this service is worth the price. It's also easy to manage your email lists and CC helps guard against repeated bounces by sort of quarantining those email addresses to protect you from a poor sender reputation, which is important with ever-tightening SPAM regulations. There are upgrades available, should you want to send out forms or questionnaires to your list too.

Cons

It is an expense for a small business, and the bigger your list the more it costs. Every once in a while the formatting goofs up and can be frustrating, and copy/paste formatting is sometimes a bit challenging. But the folks at CC work at that all the time and it's improved greatly over the years.

mike from Consulting services

With a few small Kinks this software managed to bring in a staggering amount of new business legally

With this software I didn't run into the normal problems of implementing changes in the physical appearance of the content of my mailer and it seemed to not get caught up in spam filters like other programs that offer the same thing this company offers it and actually follows through with it. I would recommend this.

Pros

The automation of this software is beyond intuitive it's closer to artificial intelligence than anything. Providing crucial analytical data back to myself and my team we could reconfigure our approach to different demographics which ultimately LED in huge surges and increases in business.

Cons

For some reason with most of these automated mail programs the same issues tended to plague them. The double opt out feature is what I'm really talking about which is also known as the unsubscriber list. Often clunky and the only part of the whole package that wasn't intuitive as it required individual attention which raised costs in man hours. That was easily negated by the large number of business it brought in due to its strong analytics though. This is a important tool for a smaller business looking to take the next step.

David from The Wish Project

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Use a little or a lot, up to you

Pros

Constant Contact is a very professional, comprehensive and full featured product that small or large businesses to create and manage communications and campaigns, email and others, multiple segments, householding, deciling and many other features/functions to conduct your interactions with perspective customers, existing customers, etc. The templates, as an example can be simple, text based or complex, interactive HTML (web) forms, it's up to you on how easy, simple or complex you want to invest your time and resources towards.

Cons

Prepare to require training. If you or your staff have never conducted communications of this magnitude, make sure you allocate time to learn the system and use it fully, otherwise you will find yourself spending considerable money to use a platform for such simple use cases that other tools might have served you well at a much lower price point.

Great Emails to All of Our Members

I am very satisfied with this product! I have used it at multiple organizations and find it is the best way to stay in touch and engage with my membership.

Pros

The customer support from Constant Contact is stellar. Every time I have a problem they walk me through it clearly and with no charge. There is a slight learning curve but once you understand the software you are able to produce clean and clear emails for all different types of announcements and newsletters. I really love the diagnostics they provide after emails have gone out- this enables my organization to keep our lists up-to-date and clean. It is also interesting to analyze member engagement with various posts. The contact list segmentation is also very useful as we gather various lists from all over the world but occasionally only want to send targeted emails to certain people- Constant Contact makes this very easy!

Cons

There is not much room for creativity outside of the set template. I find the dragging and dropping method to be quite frustrating as it is not as precise as I would like it. It would also be nice to caption photos within the text while making them distinct from the body of your message. The templates can be kind of limiting due to lack to manipulation ability.

Jaclyn from Northwest VEG

Easy to use but has limited design functions.

Pros

Constant Contact is intuitive and makes building professional-looking emails straightforward. It also facilitates event registrations and syncs well with our other platforms and accounts. I like the new "check for errors" function that verifies there are no broken links in the email.

Cons

Within the body of the emails, there are limits to how one can arrange text and images; and, oftentimes it requires dragging the item to the same spot repeatedly until it lands in the right place. At least once per each email built, I need to log out of Constant Contact and log back in in order to correctly edit the email layout.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Constant Contact was the superior tool to handle both our email marketing AND our event registrations.

Jon from College of Prayer International

Getting better and better

Overall we are pleased with Constant Contact in their integration with other systems. The customer support is very good.

Pros

I like the ease-of-use and that they have made upgrades over the years to the system to make it better and more intuitive.

Cons

The events management system has not received an upgrade in quite a while and it is starting to lag behind other systems.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Price, ease of use, list management.

Debbie from Sweet Debbie's, LLC

CRM For The Small Business Owner

I am very satisfied with Constant Contact. I have found their customer support to be top notch whenever I need help. You can just call them up on the phone and they'll spend as long as you need to get your problem solved.

Pros

Constant Contact is a very user friendly platform. From the very beginning I found it very easy to integrate my incoming customer database with their email marketing tools. The software is always being updated and improved so that it is competitive with the latest CRM technology.

Cons

Sometimes there is a big learning curve with the new improvements, especially in the editor. For instance, I find that with the new editor for emails you have to get used to putting photos in separate "blocks" otherwise they automatically go up to the top of your email. It's not a big deal, you just have to get used to taking the extra steps necessary to get your photo in the proper place.

Claire from Highland Park Dance Company

Easy and Reliable

My clients are so appreciative to know that they are on my Constant Contact list. They trust the name, and they appreciate the sleek, professional, informative emails.

Pros

I'm very grateful for the user-friendly interface that makes it easy to build and edit an email campaign that looks professional. I trust that the emails are getting to my clients quickly and securely.

Cons

I wish the software would allow me to build an email and then send the one-time message to a specific set of individuals (as opposed to having to choose from a preexisting list of contacts).

Evelyn from Latin Chamber of Commerce

Constant Contact allows me to share our business marketing material in a rapid and professional mann

Pros

Contant Contact makes it easy for us to send a quick e-mail out to our members. They have everything set up for you, so that you can upload a document, image, and/or video. I love that they give you the option to change the background colors and schedule days and times for the e-mails to be sent out. I love how reliable this software is when it comes to importing contacts and making sure our clients receive the emails on time, I love the statistics it provides us. That has definitely helped our organization improve. Constant Contact is the way to go!

Cons

The new update is a little more time consuming. I have been using Constant Contact for 2 years and getting used to the new update has been a bit frustrating. I also wish there were more templates for the buttons. Such as "click here for more", "register here" and etc. I think that would be a great addition.

Jason from B'nai B'rith International

I have managed the Constant Contact email/events account for a small not-for-profit in DC for years.

Constant Contact allows us to easily manage our email contacts and lists. It has saved us time by providing email templates that we can customize to our brand. The reporting the tool provides also gives us the intelligence we need to see if our list is growing or shrinking.

Pros

Great tool for a small business or organization to communicate with supporters and customers. Very easy to manage contacts and lists. Countless email templates provided, plus it is easy to create your own templates. Out of the box reporting on opens, click-thrus, opt-outs, and more are highly intuitive.

Cons

Tool does not offer marketing automation functionality, as in -- if an email is opened, but the desired action is not taken, automatically send a follow-up email in two days or if the email is not opened, automatically send a follow-up email with a different subject line and different customized content in a week.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,843 reviews