All Cin7 Core Reviews

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

OrderHive ROCKS!! Easiest integration flow I have come across

IN LOVE..will recommend.

PROS

integration and chat help. pricing and easy of setup

CONS

pros are not always super responsive cs time and onboarding calls can be challenging because not native english speakers - but totally doable.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

price and investment in integrations!

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

old legacy system, shopify was not able to manage inventory for multi channel

Lurieca

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Administrator Feedback

Thank you for the very good software that is really helpful to everyone, keep updating its features and I suggest that can you also please update the support website. Please do more in integration side to be posted, the side effects if we have the wrong steps that may affect each software. I would like to apprecaite [sensitive content hidden] from her/his last support to me, I was really satisfied on her response, it's being clear and detailed and informative, I was successfully implemented my client's needs because of good support. I look forward to see that kind of support to improve your customer service.

PROS

It's inventory module that is really in detailed feature. It's not easy to integrate since you have to feed the data more detailed and informative especially in importing the products. Some companies are not complete in their product details. But it worth the patience, when it's successful, it will be more ease for the users/clients to use the whole system as well as they are trained and learned how to use it.

CONS

About the support in my previous months, I cannot get the satisfaction based on their answers, especially when I have a very technical and critical situation. They are not consistent on their solutions, hence, I was disappointed. The support is given 24 to 48 hours of response and yet there are times that their answer to my query is not kind of convincing for me to follow. I have this instance that their advise for me to do this and that lead me to almost danger situation of the system and to my client. So I want your support team to always discuss the DO's and DON'Ts and the effect of the situation of each query especially when it comes to technical side of integrations between other software like in Xero, most commonly cloud based integration.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

In terms of Inventory Management, Cin7 Core is the best way to use because its detailed and more functional features that every large or small companies really needed to be more at ease in monitoring the movements and transactions of their inventory .

Elliot

Reviewed May 2024

Poor Customer service

Bad, system does not meet my requirements and this was not communicated by onboarding manager/sales

PROS

It's got a variety of possible option and integration.

CONS

Jack of all trades master of none. Literally does not work well if you have a complex supply chain

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Initially looked like they had better capabilities but it was all just a front

Steve

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great Order Management Program

PROS

Ease of Use Integration with Shopify Inventory Management

CONS

Everything works as it should. Haven't found a con yet.

Warwick

Fishery, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Daily user of Dear

Overall Dear is meeting our needs when connected to Xero. It meets our day to day inventory needs however would be much better if it was a more complete accounting & inventory package.

PROS

Dear was straight forward and reasonably easy to set up. It is good for our daily transaction, inventory management, and handles multiple warehouses and foreign currency well.

CONS

Features that could be improved are: visibility of stock on hand and sell price whilst in inventory, instead one has to either drill down on each stock item or go to reports. A general ledger section that has P & L, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, etc would also be more user friendly- instead of going to reports.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

I could setup Dear myself, I was advised Intacct would require costly support to setup.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Changed from Evolution as wanted a simpler, more user friendly, cloud based package. Preferred Dear over Unleashed due to better GL for inventory

Anton

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

DEAR Systems step to the future!

Still getting used to the DEAR system, however, if compare with other inventory systems we used before, I must say DEAR is the answer, so far very happy! It’s all there, just need a bit of time to learn how to navigate around. Selling on Amazon & eBay? No problem..... (once everything is set up correctly) DEAR will do all your daily routine for you. Using an eCommerce website (in our case it's WooCommerce), it’s all there! We are still in process of integration/switching from Quickbooks desktop however, after only 1 month of using DEAR (plenty of step by step, how to use information online and very straightforward YouTube videos, which will answer most of your questions (how to?) on daily routine of most of the businesses. Special thank you to the support team, for being very helpful, straight to the point answers with plenty of information provided to understand and learn ….. bravo!

PROS

Xero & Dear system user (new user experience). Everything you need to manage warehouse inventory! Detailed Inventory information, Order process flow, purchasing order management, stock control, eCommerce website eBay/Amazon integration, - easy to use once you get used to it. Helpful support team, and plenty of information provided to understand and learn DEAR systems.

CONS

Takes some time to know the DEAR systems (navigate) due to many features. I guess we need to use DEAR systems for some time to get a better understanding and therefore, give a revised review of experience and possible Cons we might have.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Inventory management - stock control - plenty of features to use now or in the future. Amazon-ebay-ecommerce integration. Daily order routine progress, overall DAER systems feels pleasant to use

Quickbooks Desktop service termination in the UK from 2023

Dustin

Reviewed February 2021

Growing SMBs / Midsized Companies are taking a chance with DEAR, Enterprise should avoid at all cost

They do not seem to have a very good handle on their "Official" integrations. We have a Woocommerce store that does about 30,000 orders per month and we recently had an issue where no returns or refunds were being imported to DEAR. In the mean Time our CS agents were entering all credit notes and restocks manually in DEAR. It took almost 20 days of back and forth for DEAR to finally point out that their system was not receiving web hook notifications and was in polling mode. 20 days! New situation, shipstation integration just stopped working. Submitted a ticket with the error details and steps to reproduce. Instead of getting any meaningful feedback, instead of their technical team just simply trying to reproduce it on their end which they would obviously do if they were developing the integration, they replied back that they needed to know the request details that shipstation is trying to send. They want the JSON payload presumably. But how in the world can they develop an integration if they don't already know what that response is supposed to be? How can they develop it without having a shipstation account of their own to test? The answer is they do and they can but they don't. It is much more convenient for them to simply kick the can down the road by telling the tier one person they need more information.

PROS

What I like most is that it is built by accountants. Costing is done better than most systems. I also like that it has a fairly strong inventory management and production modules. Purchasing / Receiving is average but the WMS below average. We use it all.

CONS

Customer support is absolutely horrendous. They are reasonably fast to respond but you will always be given a tier 1 support agent who can't do much but reiterate the documentation to you. Their technical team seems outsourced because in 4 years I have not been able to have a live troubleshooting session with them. Many times they push out updates to the system which cause problems with operations and integrations. For over 6 months we had an issue where any advanced purchase (a purchase with more than one invoice and receiving) would not place the correct receiving record with the correct invoice. And you can't even choose which receiving note to associate to which invoice. So we would have open invoices which were actually received and closed invoices which had not been received. I had dozens of back and forth messages with support and I ended up having to get a DEAR partner to reach out to them on my behalf and get in touch with someone who could actually get it fixed. Then after we got told they would work on a fix it took another month or two for the fix to be implemented. And it still isn't perfect. Another time, the support team deleted one of my eCommerce store applications. This meant we had to re-add the store and it re-imported and duplicated about 50,000 orders, causing a disastrous mess. Technical team refused to help so we had to go page by page in the interface and void 100 at a time.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

It was cheaper. And it was also a mistake. 4 years later and it is by far the source of the most frustration. If you're evaluating ERPs support must be your number one criteria your business will not be able move quickly if you have to fight to get information and action from your vendor's support team. The system is not bad. And in some cases the issue was with the third party they were integrating with, but these issues can never be resolved without the two teams working together. And that just does not happen at DEAR. The technical team seems like a whole other company. I suspect it is outsourced or something. The support and willingness of the technical team to help is abhorrent. I have more horror stories but I ran out of space to write.

Hello Dustin, Thank you for your feedback. As per the conversation you had with our tech support we are pleased to have being able to resolve the aforementioned issues. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our service and your valuable feedback is highly appreciated. Regards, DEAR Team

Replied March 2021

Samantha

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

A must have for any product based business

PROS

I use OrderHive to as my inventory and order management app. It keeps track of everything I have on hand, orders I have coming in (from Etsy, Amazon, Shopify, etc.), and I can input my own orders from sales reps or wholesale accounts. I can then print packing slips, send invoices, input inventory I have coming in,, and much more! The support is very quick and helpful though I haven't needed much help since it runs smoothly. I highly recommend this app to keep track of all you have going on.

CONS

I was previously using an order management software that sold, so I was fairly familiar with how they work, I needed some help getting a few things set up, but it was smooth sailing after that.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

Orderhive was recommended to me by a Shopify developer who has many clients needing multi-channel management. It seemed the best fit, the best price, and the had the best support.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

StitchLabs sold and was no longer offered

Heather

Building Materials, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

DEAR is Perfect for the Growing Business

I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in the OnBoarding team and he was awesome! My implementation took a VERY LONG time due to our business being so busy. He was so patient and would contact me every 3 weeks or so to see how things were progressing. He took so much time to go over the product with me and my coworkers multiple times. He answered MANY LONG emails from me with tons of questions. He was always pleasant, happy, so helpful, and in my opinion the greatest secret weapon that DEAR has!! Now that my implementation is complete (thanks to him) I feel like I have lost a friend. He has assured me that the Support team are just as awesome and helpful as he has been - but I don't believe anyone will ever be as amazing as [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was! Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!!

PROS

I LOVE the fact that I can invoice before receiving the inventory physically. We work with an overseas company and their business practice is to invoice once the product leaves their hands, however accepting their invoice made my inventory way off in QBO. So glad to be able to maintain what the true physical inventory is and not have to try to keep up with the travelling inventory too.

CONS

The feature I would like the least is the CRM. I was really hoping that it would work for our sales team and that they would be able to have access to the inventory information easily. However, the CRM lacked a lot of the capabilities that our sales managers were looking for to help with managing their teams.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

The inventory system in QBO is terrible unless you have only in and out materials. It is not designed for multiple warehousing locations, multiple measurement systems, maintaining inventory after invoicing but prior to physical receipt, and just about everything else you need in a true inventory management system. We are using DEAR in conjunction with QBO but the QBO part is only for the accountant to use.

Christina

Reviewed June 2022

For the money Orderhive works better than some really expensive programs we have tried.

Orderhive is an overall great value. Its inventory, kitting and bundling capabilities have made managing our inventory very easy. It has more robust inventory features than Zentail and SkuVault, however in other areas it still has a way to go. It has been more accurate with tracking our inventory across the marketplaces than other programs, and while it has more features, Inventory is really the only one we use regularly. I would love to see it grow into multi-channel listing management and add some more basic features and rules, but overall we are very happy with orderhive and will continue to use it.

PROS

It offers a good solid inventory solution. It has been hard to find a program with Multi-warehouse inventory tracking that doesn't cost a fortune. Unlike most other programs Orderhive will take the inventory out of the location that it is shipped from , keeping a more accurate inventory of each warehouse. The accuracy is pretty solid, as we have not found one yet that works for our sku set and setup, but Orderhive has been the best so far.

CONS

*No half cent pricing- unable to use many of the built in features. *Partial ship orders from multiple warehouses. You cannot split an order into multiple warehouses to ship

Price is good.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Inventory was inaccurate and multi-warehouse inventory tracking was not working as we desired them to.

ivan

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great cloud-based ERP software

It is my first exposure to cloud-based ERP software, DEAR. I am pretty pleased with its performance. Pretty simply to use and easily to understand each module. The tutorial video presentation is really useful which u can easily accessing it by clicking from the main menu. No hassle to go around to find it. Overall, my management and myself are pleased to spend almost 6 months to switch over from our existing ERP system

PROS

User friendly Good video demonstration on tutorial, easy to understand and follow excellent aftersales support - swift in response

CONS

No direct module to handle goods replacement and warranty process /RMA portions Not too user friendly or suitable to be used on project based jobs/ activities

Easy to use (user friendly) Great aftersales support

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

Increase productivity. No hassle of maintaining the sever locally

Justin

Reviewed May 2023

System Implementation

We just had our Go-Live a couple days ago and we haven't had any significant issues with the overall system.[sensitive content hidden] our Implementation Manager was great to work with, she was very helpful and fast to respond to any questions or issues that we had during the setup.

PROS

I like the ability to import purchase orders via CSV.

CONS

We would like more user permission controls in the POS app. We wish the Cash Management screen's cash balance wasn't visible to all users of the till.

Reason for choosing Cin7 Core

DEAR checked most of the boxes we needed for inventory management. The speed of implementation was also a big factor for us compared to the other products we looked at.

Reasons for switching to Cin7 Core

EPOS has major issues with their purchase order modules and inventory management capabilities.

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2019

Be Cautious of Orderhive

2 weeks ago, I sent an email to our original sales representative, stating that I wished to cancel the project. I had a reply from the CEO of the company, and in that email it confirmed what I had suspected for some time… He stated that “In the last two months, we have upgraded architecture of Orderhive to achieve customisation in the SaaS version. So we can deliver better and much faster than earlier. I am working on your requirement to figure out how we can achieve it in SaaS customisation.” Orderhive has essentially used the money we have paid them to develop our custom solution to upgrade their own SaaS solution - we have funded some part of the development of their SaaS product that they will ultimately use to sell to other customers. It is frustrating that they are now refusing to refund our monies, which in reality, is a tiny portion of what we have spent in time and wages on this project. They have a clear refund policy - but usually these only apply when something/anything is actually delivered. It is absolutely possible that the Orderhive out-of-the-box SaaS solution is a good one. However, I would warn anyone who is looking at the “Plus”/”Enterprise” solution to be extremely cautious of Orderhive. If you do go ahead, do not accept the scope that is sold to you by Orderhive - insist on a custom, detailed scope of works with details about how each feature will work. Insist on progress payments that are payable on delivery of each feature.

PROS

I can only speak of my experience, as an Orderhive Plus/Enterprise customer. I try to be fair in all my reviews, and this review should only be taken into consideration if you are looking at becoming an Orderhive Plus/Enterprise customer. Around 18 months ago I started conversations with Orderhive as a potential vendor to run a large portion of our ecommerce business. It seemed promising, and the idea that the Plus (now called Enterprise) solution was customisable was the reason I decided to select Orderhive. There was a significant amount of due-diligence from my end. It took me around 6 months to get my head around what features the software currently had, and what we would need to have Orderhive complete as a customisation. This in itself was also quite a bit of work - there were a number of revisions to the contract documents, created by a non-technical sales representative. My concerns started around this point when I was unable to speak with a technical representative to discuss, in more detail, how each feature would work. The google doc that I created to try to capture the detail of each feature was simply copy and pasted in to the contract document - meaning that if I missed something then it was going to be developed incorrectly. It seemed that there was no attempt whatsoever from Orderhive to truly understand what it was that we required on a deep level.

CONS

Nonetheless, once we signed the contract, and we paid the deposit, things were underway - and I will admit it did seem promising. Within around 8 weeks Orderhive had set up the staging and production server environments and had completed some very basic functionalities such as adding an additional column to the Kanban order view. However, once the very basic customisations were completed, things completely stopped. It was tough work from my part to get the Orderhive team together to discuss where the project was at, and why it had stopped. We had a couple discussions about how to get things back on track, but it was at this point that I wondered if Orderhive had just realised some of the complexities that would be involved in our customisations. It took around 3 more months of exchanges between us for me to formulate a plan in how finish this project - I compromised significantly on the features we originally requested. I actually removed the largest customisation from the project in the hopes it would kick it back in to gear. But it seemed the damage was done - the Orderhive team no longer wanted to work on this project - and instead place their focus on an easier (more profitable) area of their business.

Samuel

Plastics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Great manufacturing aid

Dear lets us manage the extraordinary combination of materials, compounds and product that we manufacture on a daily basis in a straightforward manner. For some of our operations--for example when we create 10-30 batches of a particular material--use of the API is almost mandatory for efficient data entry--but generally the interface does a great job. Our business is on a much stronger financial and engineering footing using DEAR.

PROS

The sales, production and purchasing modules provide an excellent integrated platform for our manufacturing operations. We stock over 300 chemicals to make hundreds of rubber compounds that we use in production of custom rubber products and Dear keeps the complexity under control. I love the continual upgrades on the cloud and the easy access from anywhere. Finally, the standard interface is good but the API lets us implement solutions to meet specific needs at various points in our production.

CONS

While the technical support is excellent I find I occasionally need to reach out to them because the online documentation is not well organized. The reporting module is adequate but often requires off-line processing to get the results you are looking for. They make that easy with excel exporting but it is impossible to create a report that is self-explanatory. For example, you can build complex filters to get specific results but you can not re-title the generic report with a specific name, or include the filter values to explain your data. I also wish the date fields would accept time information so that we could capture real-time production data in the system--at the moment you can only enter a start and stop date when you create finished goods.

Hello Samuel, Thank you for your review. We are continually striving to improve the service we provide to our valuable customers. As a part of the improvement, we will be restructuring our knowledge base to reflect the module structure in the inventory application so that it will be easy for our customers to find information quicker. As we release more features we update the current knowledge base on a weekly basis. We have taken your reports suggestion into consideration. Please check our roadmap for updates when it will be released to production. Best Regards, DEAR Team

Replied April 2020

BY

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

We've been using DEAR Systems for 6 years and this one incident made us really disappointed.

PROS

Dearsystem is mostly diy so its easy to implement quick fixes/changes when necessary.

CONS

- No AR ageing report even though we use this software for payments recording - We've been using DEAR Systems for 6 years now. I recently tried to add an additional external integration but the integration page simply refreshed without connecting to the external software and without any error message whatsoever (possibly a bug). Thinking that it could be because i didnt had sufficient external integration licenses in my subscription, i went ahead to pay for an additional external integration. However, the same issue reoccurred which prompted me to contact support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from support reached out and we managed to resolve the issue. However, in the process, i found out that not only did i already have an extra external integration license which i've been paying for months without using before the add on, i also paid for the add on license when i tried to troubleshoot this issue on my own. I followed up with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to request for a credit of the additional unused license to my account (not refund) to offset future subscription charges but my multiple requests were turned down even though [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the management understood my position. Effectively, we've been unknowingly paying for an extra license which we did not use and now that i've added on 1 more license, DEAR is perfectly ok with keeping the extra payment from us, again, for something we do not use. I feel that the company is being really unfair to customers.

Hello Tan, I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue you had by contacting support. Over time, we have improved the software as well as the infrastructure to provide a comparative advantage;High-performance/available servers, High performance/available individual database, Fast/high-available storage Fast services (to run tasks, reports, etc.). You are on a grandfather plan ($100 base) which is no longer offered. We allocate the same server/services to all our customers on the new plan ($249) & great grandfather plan. The $100 base is not enough to cover the infrastructure cost, but we continue to provide the same level of service because you have been with us. I listened to the call you had with our CSM (#211344) where you have stated you wanted to "try it out". When you pay & use an integration, we instantly allocate all resources. This means that you have already consumed it & I am afraid we cannot refund something which you have consumed. Regards, DEAR Team

Replied June 2021

Amar

Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Avoid to save time and pain with poor support

Poor to say the least. They cant support their own product properly and fail on a number of levels to come back to you to solve your issue.

PROS

Integrations were very good - its easy to use but when more complex things are required you will run into major issues. Not for businesses that handle a large number of orders/products

CONS

Its not often that I take to Social media to complain but Cin7 Orderhive deserve a very special shout out for the lack of Support to their customers.They offer a 20x7 Support offering yet find themselves off for days and not responding (March 6th till 9th) there was no support whatsoever. No communication to advise that there will be no support, which in any case is shocking given that they are a global SaaS provider. Often they are off during their countries National Holidays (where they are based) and have zero contingency in place, so not a true 20x7 support.This is not the first time that we have had issues, senior Managers make promises, Dipan Gajjar but deliver no change.We have waited for 4 days to get a simple FTP integration resolved. After being off for 3 days they now fail to respond to our emails or messages surrounding other issues.Issues such as:- Stock values not updating correctly- FTP integration not functioning- Not responding for days- Support team lack of product knowledge (we have had to teach them what their platform can do!)- Raise tickets for issues but do not resolveThe impact this has on our business is detrimental and as we all know changing ERP platforms takes time and planning.So yes we will be moving, and given their impeccable track record I doubt they will take any action about our issues.However I hope post helps provide other potential users of this platform get a true and clear picture of how appalling their support is .

Cole