GoDaddy Website Builder Software Reviews

GoDaddy Website Builder Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"Good product to help business owners create a simple website to create an online presence. The inclusion of templates helps those that are less creative to build a working, nice-looking website."
  • icon"The best thing about GoDaddy's website builder is definitely their customer service. People are friendly, in reach and actually help you out."
  • icon"If you are just looking to get something up in a hurry this a great way to go. It also integrates well with 3rd party data base creation."
  • icon"A lot of basic facilities are not available. Customer Services cannot help with most of the main problems."
  • icon"I found out how little i knew and struggled to understand the platform. This was a long time ago but i finally has to switch to another company as it was too confusing."
  • icon"Not user-friendly, very difficult to add or remove content, couldn't manage areas and/or text boxes...really horrible."

All GoDaddy Website Builder Reviews

1-25 of 1,057 Reviews

Robert

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

GoDaddy Go Central Website Builder

Excellent way to build and maintain Web Sites

The site allows me to build and maintain web sites for my clients

Pros

Excellent way to build and maintain Web Sites with templates and plug-ins for most web site uses

Cons

Nothing. The site allows me to build and maintain web sites for my clients

price and feature set

Chhaya

April 2022

Build your website by using Pre Built templates

Pros

User Friendly interface. Advance Drag and Drop fetatures to build and customize website. prebuild connectors for Lead gen form, SEO management and easy connect to GoDaddy email marketing tool.

Cons

If you choose to build your website using GoDaddy Website Builder, You wont be able to intgerate your website with Google Tag Manager for tracking real time events on your website. You have to use plenty of conncetors to make your website advance.

Kristen

Industry: Industrial Automation

October 2022

Amazing Web Design Software!

Overall, wonderful experience with the software! Easy to use. Opens up e-commerce opportunities. Helps customers find you online. Made a modern minimalist website with little effort for our business. Definitely a great option besides customer service isn’t as quick or helpful as I people expect for price.

Pros

This software is rather easy to use compared to others I’ve tried and has been a true asset to our small business. We’ve created a modern sleek website using this where customers can actually purchase directly and get more info on what we offer.

Cons

The customer service did not impress me. Slow and not very helpful. It’s the only issue I have with this.

Looked best

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Wix was glitchy and I felt this would be better after reading reviews and it is much better.

Jamie

October 2022

Decent only if you’re in a beginner

Pros

The product was easy enough to use and figure out. It’s targeted towards the every day person, which is wonderful for those who can’t necessarily spend a lot of time trying to figure out a website. It had a lot of drag and drop options, that help those without technical knowledge stay in the game essentially.

Cons

It lacked a lot of features and was aimed more towards beginners. Intermediate and advanced developers or designers will feel incredibly underwhelmed with regard to how little they can customize.

Kari

Ease-of-Access & Great Customer Service

Pros

The ease of access and the assistance given from Go Daddy software creators.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about this website.

Reasons for choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

WordPress was too complicating for me due to my little knowledge of coding.

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

GoDaddy was more of a professional look for my customers. WIX did not have such helpful customer service reps.

Rod

Easy Website Creation

I needed a new website because the previous website I had, the web host had shut down.

Pros

Update content with ease. Routing my other domain names to my page.

Cons

Need more space in the photo section. Only can upload 250.

Reasons for choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

GoDaddy is more user friendly. Very easy to create web page versus the other web hosting service I was considering.

Keitumetse

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

October 2022

GoDaddy website builder is great

Pros

Setting up was so easy, I loved the different themes and it was so hard to choose 1 for my business. As a person looking to DIY a website I would recommend it highly

Cons

Some of the sectional color palettes on the themes didn't have many options to choose from

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

I was looking for something easier to use as in inexperienced in tech but wanted to build my own site

Bryan Jerico

Creacion de Sitios WEB

Mayormente lo utilizo para creacion de paginas web y no tengo ninguna duda que es una de las mejores. Te ofrece el mejor certificado SSL para la seguridad de tu pagina

Pros

El equipo de atencion al cliente da una respuesta muy rapida y ademas es super facil de administrar las paginas web correspondientes.

Cons

el precio es un poco elevado pero aun asi existen precios comodos.

Good for small businesses

I used website builder for school project and the experience was good. It did the job and I have no complaints.

Pros

Website builder is very easy. Anyone without any experience in coding or configuring can build a webstie with a few clicks in a short time. There is no need to hire a designer. GoDaddy also offers a host of services that are integral part of website builder and helps you develop a website easily.

Cons

Website builder and templates are more useful for small businesses. If you want to build something large with a full set of custom functionality, this may not be of much help. To be fair, this is the case with any other website builder out there. The site appeared to be slow after the deployment and you need to take a higher package if the site requires scaling.

Dayna

October 2022

GoDaddy Website Builder makes building websites fun and easy for less!

My overall experience with GoDaddy Website Builder is superb. I really enjoy using it. The website building features are easy to use, and help create a fast, top-notch website or blog.

Pros

GoDaddy website builder is a fun, easy, completely customizable, and affordable website builder.

Cons

Honestly, I really don't have anything that I dislike about this software.

Go Daddy Website builder

Pros

I like how it was easy to manage and easy to set up

Cons

I felt like the web designs were outdated and it cost to much to add ecommerce to it.

Beginner Friendly, But Not A Long Term Solution

Pros

GoDaddy builder is an easy and quick way to launch your first website. However, the ability for you to optimize the site to drive more traffic in search engines is very limited. If you are a beginner and looking for a site to drive traffic to, this may be a good solution for you. If you are trying to leverage search engines like Google to drive you traffic, this is not the best option typically.

Cons

The lack of ability to add plugins and specialty SEO features

Braden

Industry: Machinery

August 2022

Great for Fast and Secure

Overall, I believe GoDaddy is a worthwhile investment for any consultant and/or small business owner. The design platform is built to make web-editing quick and easy for anyone. GoDaddy provides a large number of key app plug-ins to create a fully functioning professional site. If you don't mind having some creative restrictions, the template site options are fantastic tools to turn around full sites quickly.

Pros

GoDaddy's website builder holds up against its competitors on all of the major functions. It allows you to customize the branding of the entire site, you have the choice of using an existing template or developing each page from scratch! The media management on the back end makes it incredibly easy to upload, manipulate, and even edit any media content you choose to put on your site. Everything is visually managed, which makes it very easy to create consistency in aesthetic and makes editing and updating incredibly easy. You are not required to have a GoDaddy domain to utilize the website builder either.

Cons

Although the preset templates are as good as any other competitors, the functional piece is more restrictive than most other web building platforms. One component of the template site that is incredibly restrictive is the forms. GoDaddy only allows for three question types in its templated forms-number, single line text, and multi-line text. This is incredibly inconvenient if you're attempting to create a form that's more integral than a standard "Contact Us" submission. Additionally, although the modular designer for the template sites makes it very quick and easy to edit and manipulate pages/media it only allows for so much customization. There is no "in-between" where you can template a site, but also create "from scratch" page designs. Once you've committed to a template, you have to work within the given bounds. Other competitors with similar modular structures have provided more freedom in this realm.

Ashley

Industry: Mental Health Care

GoDaddy for Non-Profits

It has been a positive experience, because even if we encounter challenges, the customer service aspect is great. Usually the challenges are on our end, and it's great to work with such a good a customer service team. They are much better than others we've tried to work with in the past.

Pros

Building the website with a template was quick and not complicated. Most of all, the customer service was very helpful. I did not have to spend any time on hold. I did not experience any communication or language barriers. The people I spoke to were very patient with me, as I do not have a strong background with IT and no experience with building a website.

Cons

The log-in process and determining who is primary on the account has been challenging. In our situation, the person designing the website and working with GoDaddy is different than who paid for the product, and it's still causing some ongoing issues with being able to access rights to modify the site. There is confusion about the primary account holder and those trying to work on the site.

Reasons for choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

We heard positive things from other small business who use GoDaddy.

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for switching: cost, issues were unable to be resolved by customer service, and many glitches in the system. Unfortunately with customer service, there were significant language and communication barriers - English was a second language for all of the customer service representatives we worked with. While the representatives were nice, they did not understand our challenges. The wait time to talk with customer service was DAYS to receive an answer or a returned phone call. We were unable to get any help in a timely manner.

Jenine

GoDaddy has all tools you need to make your busniess stand out against the rest!

Overall I am more than pleased with out experience with GoDaddy. They were a life saver when it came to making my busniess stand out in the right places and to the right audience. For the novice(which i am) at website design, SEO ranking, marketing etc. they make it possible for the everyday consumer to highlight their busniess. It really looks like you paid a prefessional to desgin it for you. All the time I have people complimenting our website and asking who desgined it for you and how much did it cost? I think some of them really do not believe me when I tell them " I did it!"

Pros

What I like most about GoDaddy is how easy it was to build ouir website. Don't get me wrong you still need to put a lot of work into it to make it your own and so it also represnts your business. With GoDaddy they give you the layout and show you every step of the way how to market, how to increase your SEO ranking, they help you intergrate your social media, set up omline booking, and showcase your services. This is just for your website desgin. They help you register your domain, get a business email and much, much more.

Cons

What I dislike the most is that every add on is an additional cost. Not only can it add up very quick but unless you purchase them all at once you will have the product renewals coming out at all different times and it can be hard to remember. It would be better if there was maybe a package option. So you can pick a certain number of products you want that fits into their package options and you get a bit of a discount for purchasing all at once. Just giving the consumer and option to do what is best for their business. SOme busniess may not need much while others need a lot.

Avash