All GoDaddy Website Builder Reviews

Reviewed October 2021

GoDaddy Go Central Website Builder

Lisa

Reviewed February 2020

Want a web page? No time or expertise? Try GoDaddy Website Builder!

I have used GoDaddy for twenty years, and I've never been unhappy with any of their offerings. The tech support is so good, it overcomes any possible complaints I've ever had. This product, in particular, takes a huge amount of stress out of my life by making it fast and efficient to provide a website for a customer. I'm actually having problems with the custom website I built for my own company, and I'm thinking of using this again! Why mess with something that works?

PROS

It is extremely easy to set up, enter your original data, change just a little - or a lot!, and maintain. They have great templates and graphics for your use, and some handy features: to do a weekly article, I just copied last week's article, changed a few things, and inserted the text for this week. It's also very reasonably priced.

CONS

As with any "shortcut" software, it was a little difficult to customize. I also had trouble applying a security certificate to the site to get the coveted https at the beginning of the URL. The latter issue was easily solved with the help of their AWESOME tech support, and the former, I expected. If I want to customize it so badly, I've got to use a less "done-for-me" solution - and I'm ok with that!

Reason for choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

It took less time and had less opportunity for mistakes.

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

They took too much time and interfered with my regular high-paced consulting business.

Avash

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Simple, Easy and Attractive Website Builder That Everyone Can Use

GoDaddy Website Builder has helped me expand my business. Some of my clients want to be able to add some sections and do basic editing themselves when required. I also get a lot of inquiries from small business owners if they can create a website themselves. In both cases, I recommend GoDaddy Website Builder if the users are average computer user. A person who can create a Word document, Powerpoint Presentation etc can easily create a professional-looking website with GoDaddy Website Builder. Since the backend interface is minimal, clean and doesn't have too many options - mistakes are less likely to happen - which is absolutely great for beginners.

PROS

The backend interface of the web builder is clean and uncluttered so I find myself doing mistakes less in GoDaddy Website Builder than when I use other builders. The editing capabilities are limited - which isn't great for advanced users - but is actually very good for non-web designers who want to make their site on own. As we can use sections predesigned by professional web designers and edit contents in there. One benefit that I got from this is that during my early days - I got to learn about professional web design without making mistakes that most beginners make. I couldn't just add images when I liked, which saved me from making a web page cluttered with images and same with other assets. Another thing I like and admire most about GoDaddy Website Builder is the ability to edit sites directly from a smartphone. Many times I find myself getting calls from my clients asking for little changes and I can execute the changes with my smartphone when I don't have my laptop with me. I can also do basic image editing online.

CONS

While the sites we make using GoDaddy Website Builder are responsive and look great on mobile devices - we don't have full control of presentation on mobile devices. This isn't a big issue but I find myself wanting to change something for mobile devices quite often so this is a con. Other than that - there is less to dislike about GoDaddy Website Builder keeping in mind that it is targetted at beginners.

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Most clients already have a domain on GoDaddy or want to register a domain on GoDaddy and I prefer having domain and website on the same account as it reduces some work.

Mark Lester

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

GoDaddy Website Builder Review

It is great, easy and user friendly. Worth the money.

PROS

it is easy to use.and user friendly. It is cheap and ready to go.

CONS

None, it is better than Hostgator or anynother hosting company.

Nicholas

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

Godaddy Scam

PROS

I purchased Ultimate Managed WordPress Websites in good faith that I would be able to build a Wordpress website using their platform. The software was very buggy, as it froze often while I was trying to edit my work and then sometimes caused me to lose all of my work. In addition, the editor only gives a few options for customization. Most of the content you can put on the website is low quality and uncustomizable. They want you to pay for plugins that may/may not accomplish what you need. I requested a refund the day after purchasing in which i was told that the trial period ended, and the customer service ignored my complaint asking for a screen shot of a frozen screen. Very low IQ customer service and terrible product.

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Trying another software .

Kayla

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

A simple tool for small business owners

Overall I love this product and have recommended it to various other small business owners that also used it as their first website!

PROS

GoDaddy was the easiest tool for me to use when I first set up my business and needed a website builder. It's user-friendly, simple, and very inexpensive for the value you get.

CONS

The email marketing integration was complicated for me and I never ended up using it.

Reason for choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

Wix was more complicated and I didn't have the expertise to properly use it. It was also more expensive.

Jacob

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great and easy website building tool

Very satisfied, would use again especially if there is a low budget and a need to get up a website quickly

PROS

It's ease of use and the fact that I was able to get up a professional looking website in a matter of hours without any coding knowledge

CONS

It was not as customizable as I would have liked. The more expensive options allow for more customizations

Carlos

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Outstanding Website Builder

PROS

One of the many pros of GoDaddy is the ability to create a effective and easy to use website for our customers to make reservations through a few clicks of a button. The website our company built helps to promote meeting spaces, events, and sell rooms for our hotel. We have the ability to attach photos of the property, event calendars, and contact information.

CONS

A few things that are least liked about GoDaddy is that although it is a website builder, if you have a bit of a creative mindset for your website then you may find a lack of depth. The websites built on GoDaddy are also not as appealing compared to other website builders but it gets the job done.

Arienne

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

GoDaddy Review

PROS

GoDaddy has been long-time website builder we use for a few of our website. It's cost-effective and easy to use and manage.

CONS

I haven't had one issue with using GoDaddy. It's user-friendly and cost efficient.

Misty

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2024

Great for do it yourself or starting in web design

I did not choose this but I used it and overall it got the job done. I do have to say that after the 1 year was over the renewal price doubled and because it was a GoDaddy site you cant move to a new host. (we rebuilt it on wordpress)

PROS

It is user-friendly and great for those who just need to setup a site for themself or have Godaddy help. But not ideal for those who want to code or customize things.

CONS

Not enough access for customizing the website php or webserver dashboard. The renewal price doubles.

Reason for choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

I did not have a choice or a say in the matter.

marissa

Retail, 1 employee

Website Builder Godaddy

PROS

Pricing was not as bad as other companies available at the time.

CONS

It did not do well at showing up on google

Michelle

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Go with GoDaddy

My overall experience with this product was great. However, I do feel like they need to update their drag and drop builder and add some features to their product.

PROS

The thing I like most about GoDaddy is that they are uniquely domain central. They put there greatest focus on registering domains and are relatively easy to set up.

CONS

The thing I like least about this software is the outdated website builder features. I can't build a website easily on GoDaddy.

Reason for choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

I chose GoDaddy because it was easy to have my domain and my website builder on the same account.

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

I switched to GoDaddy because I felt like while their features could use an update/upgrade I also feel like the website builder is useful when it comes to create a professional looking website.

Ashley

Mental Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

GoDaddy for Non-Profits

It has been a positive experience, because even if we encounter challenges, the customer service aspect is great. Usually the challenges are on our end, and it's great to work with such a good a customer service team. They are much better than others we've tried to work with in the past.

PROS

Building the website with a template was quick and not complicated. Most of all, the customer service was very helpful. I did not have to spend any time on hold. I did not experience any communication or language barriers. The people I spoke to were very patient with me, as I do not have a strong background with IT and no experience with building a website.

CONS

The log-in process and determining who is primary on the account has been challenging. In our situation, the person designing the website and working with GoDaddy is different than who paid for the product, and it's still causing some ongoing issues with being able to access rights to modify the site. There is confusion about the primary account holder and those trying to work on the site.

Reason for choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

We heard positive things from other small business who use GoDaddy.

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for switching: cost, issues were unable to be resolved by customer service, and many glitches in the system. Unfortunately with customer service, there were significant language and communication barriers - English was a second language for all of the customer service representatives we worked with. While the representatives were nice, they did not understand our challenges. The wait time to talk with customer service was DAYS to receive an answer or a returned phone call. We were unable to get any help in a timely manner.

Jess

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Used to create my website

Fairly good. I get compliments on my website often, but it does not get much traffic and I wonder whether a wordpress alternative may have worked better?

PROS

Easy to use to set up a website quickly. Drag and drop editing and nice simple templates that look good on web and mobile devices.

CONS

The price is a bit high, and I am not sure why, but my website gets very little traffic. This is frustrating after two years. It is difficuly to make edits to the SEO

domain

Ease of use - and I brought my domain on Godaddy

Delvin

Reviewed March 2023

Godaddy will bring you success!

Well it has been a rough road with developing websites since I work as a part web developer but godaddy has brought so much joy since it allow me to create a free account and publish my website for free with a sub domain... this step alone is worth a million and I am willing to pay anything for the premium plans... Overall great experience!

PROS

It has change my life. I currently have a website with them and I am going to purchasing the beginner premium plan very soon since I investing so much time into using it's website builder and creating my own site. It has been a wonderful experience overall. I can't stress my excitement with this product enough.

CONS

I wish it could be a tad more cheaper but I don't mind the extra for something so exception.

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Bitrix24 had some issues with it's hosting.. It would log me out and crash on me time after time.

Atama

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Best and Easy to use Website Builder.

GoDaddy offers a great platform for someone with no experience to build a professional site.

PROS

The software is easy to use and it was simple to intergrate with my current online booking system.

CONS

To have one of GoDaddy tech build you a website was very expensive.

Reason for choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

GoDaddy was the easiest to use.

Reasons for switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Wix was complicated to use, and not user friendly.

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2018

URL that daddy!

PROS

Godaddy is an app for getting a unique url extension to advertise your name brand, or make awareness for your organization, social cause, etc. I like that you can pick a name and if it is taken you are given alternate suggestions for name usage rather than travelworld.com it may suggest lesiureglobe.com, vacationnations,com or it will suggest an alternative for a url ending other than .com, .org. .net, etc. but it could be travel.world. or world.travel it gives you many alternatives so that if your .com is taken and you do not want to have to think of a new name all together you can consider switching the url to make it be similar to what you wanted. It also does allow you to purchase the most common used words as domains such as medical.directory. It offers many url endings for professionals, different industries at good pricing if you get them on specials they can run .49cent specials, .99 cent specials it just depends on what special you happen to catch them on. They can add a feature of a reminder you have something in your cart, espicially if it picks up someone has searched your specific domain and did not purchase it. They give you discounts on other business tools or services such as Microsoft Office online you get it for half the price verses if you went to the website to purchase the software. You get other tools and services and a website builder as well. It is great for someone just starting off and needing the resources to get off. They also have a neat feature to put all your social media to one location rather than marketing each one. It has many features to explore and always upgrading.

CONS

If you do not purchase at a a la carte price to have your name not listed you will get ANNOYING robot calls to your number, all kind of text messages. The a la carte for this service normally cost more than the domain your buying. The robot numbers seem to ring your line none stop, and switch up the number when you do not answer. The a la carte pricing should be standard cost included in the domain name. Yes, it may be great to get a domain at 0.49 cent but for the new entrepreneur who has to use his phone to start off this is an added inconvience. Even offering a Entrepreneur special for this service to be free the first year would be great.

Shaylah

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Incredibly Easy to Use and Amazing Customer Support

I would recommend GoDaddy in a heartbeat purely based off of customer service!

PROS

Whenever I have needed customer support, the representative has been helpful, charming, and informative. I am always offered upgrades or alternative solutions but I never feel pressured. The program itself is easy to use, I have had no problem creating multiple websites by myself even though I had zero experience prior to GoDaddy.

CONS

This isn't a deal breaker, but it used to be more flexible/customizable for things such as choosing fonts and layouts. Then the revamped and you basically pick a design package and fill in the blanks. It's been like this for a while and I still like the old way better. Also, using it for real estate, it is expensive and complicated trying to link my website to links of external listings to showcase.

Reason for choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

It was the easiest to sign up for!

Kavindu Githsara