• Pros

• " Ease-of-use… Very intuitive. It flows well for the different uses."

• "Software is very easy to use and processes very quickly. Really like the reports section and being able to see all orders from a particular time period. "

• "I love being able to enter orders in the field, so they are place din real time. The product images are right next to the description, making it very easy to review the orders with the customer."

• Cons

• "a few time face issue in leading credit card information, however its great experience to use Handshake."

• "there are some features that i wish could be changed, and most eventually get changed, but not all for example, i wish a product could be listed on more than one category"

• "At times there are syncing errors, and orders are missed. Not often, but it does happen."

Browse Handshake Reviews

Tina

Save Time with Handshake

We provided our 65 sales reps with iPad back in 2010 and wanted to utilize it to it's full extent with apps that saved the sales reps time and saved us money. Handshake accomplished both of those. Back then- sales reps were handwriting order forms and faxing them to our customer service dept. Then we had 4 people in our home office manually entering those orders! That is so much wasted time on both sides and there was a lot of room for error. With Handshake- our sales reps can easily find the product, show the images to their account, and place the order within a few minutes. Then the order is sent directly into our system- no more manual data entry. Time saved by the sales rep- 1-2 hours each day, which means they could see an extra customer during the day (and make another sale!) or not have to work at night. Time saved by the home office 4-5 hours per day. Now 2 of those 4 people in our home office have been moved to other open positions in the department, saving us money that would have been spent hiring someone new. Overall the experience with Handshake has been exceptional. It's a great product, easy to use and very efficient. We now have over 200 sales reps internationally that have been using Handshake for almost 4 years and they love it!

Pros

Great customer service, very knowledgeable and courteous. They have a great team at Handshake- from the CEO to the Customer Support Specialists. There are no regrets with choosing Handshake for our sales rep ordering tool.

Cons

Just keep doing what you are doing Handshake!

Theresa from Rodenstock USA

Really great wholesale support

Its such a great tool for accounts placing orders, seeing their options, even viewing high res images and sizing options. Its really easy to update with new releases.

Pros

Handshake is a great tool for sales reps to place orders in the field. It also lets you have a direct b2b site for your accounts to place orders any time of the day. Best part: your reps can use it offline! So they can place orders anytime and then sync up when they have service.

Cons

Ever since Shopify obtained handshake, the customer support has gone downhill. They take a while to respond. But when they do, they do help you figure things out. Your best bet is to not have things go wrong.

Kerry

Have not written an order for over 3 years

For producing orders quickly and reliably there is no equivalent app for electronic devices. it is slick and easy to use for my sales team. I use it on my iPhone 6 plus as my preferred device for creating orders as the iPad is sometimes not on me so I can run everything from this device including upto date sales reports. If a customer rings I can do the order there and then while on handsfree. I have all there sales history and the sales can be confirmed, emailed to client and in the office within seconds of saying good bye to my client. It does not get any better than this for creating orders.

Pros

Not complicated Can be used on iPhone or iPad Very very quick and we have thousands of skus and each reps produces up to10 orders a day and we have had not a single issue in 3 years Customer history is an invaluable sales tool Customer support the best I've ever experienced considering we are in Australia and there in USA Product matrix or variants

Cons

Not a single Con but Wishlist Able to produce a customer credit easily Customer history sorted there category in addition to the default date taken A user field that can be used to sort and filter customers by a unique run code A 4x2 grid or similar for showing product catalogue as we have to many products for the single item view

Corine from Infinite Promotions

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Great for University Students!

Overall I would say that my experience with Handshake has been very good. I think that Handshake offers a lot of opportunities for students, besides just job opportunities. It also lists campus events and question/answer forums where students can ask about specific jobs or the job hunting process. It also lets you schedule appointments which is great if you are on campus.

Pros

I think that Handshake is really good for University students to use. My University uses it and every student automatically gets an account. Handshake is also good at trying to tailor recommended jobs according to your preferences. It also gives students the opportunity to connect with other students and ask questions about the job hunting process.

Cons

What I least like about this software is that it enables anyone to send you messages like spam and people who are "recruiting" for jobs that have nothing to do with your industry. It is annoying to get an email about someone trying to offer my a job as a teacher when my industry is actually software engineering.

Spencer from Candle Warmers

Disappointing partnership

This is absolutely the worst company we have partnered with in my 12 years with my business. Their customer service is simply horrible and I'm worried they almost got shut down because they weren't PCI compliant even though they told us they were. They gave us 2 days. Yes, 2 days to find a new CC processor and have it setup. You can only use their specific processors which don't even work with all of their tech. Their processors costs $6000 more than what we were currently paying and Handshake refused to help in that cost. The process we have to do now is different than what was initially presented to us. They switched it mid contract and then refused to refund a prorated amount. It's highway robbery in my mind. Be very cautious of anything you sign with them. Even then they'll just end up changing it mid way through the contract. Absolutely disappointed in a company that would conduct business like that.

Pros

I liked the simplicity of it. It is a very basic system.

Cons

Disappointed in the promises made about the product and the contract put in place. Horrible to pay up front for the year.

Meagan from Mad Style

Using Handshake at Tradeshows

In our business, we do trade shows with sales teams and then we also do trade shows without sales teams. When we do the shows on our own, we need our own ordering software. Handshake was perfect for what we were doing and very affordable. It is refreshing to have a system like this available to small businesses.

Pros

The ease of use and modern interface are great! Adding customers, accepting payment, printing order copies was all very easy with Handshake. The ability to pay for the service in small time periods was very accommodating to our business. Other services required longer contracts, were more expensive, and less user friendly.

Cons

Since it was not our main ordering software, we were not able to use all of the features to our highest advantage. That is not really a fault of Handshake, however.

Reasons for Choosing Handshake

The system was much more user friendly.

Meg from Walman Optical

Happy Handshaker

Working with the Handshake team to launch the app and online experience to our teams and customers was nearly flawless. Some programs can cause "pain and suffering" but I've never been frustrated with using the system. I think that's partly because the Handshake onboarding team taught me so well but also because the software is so easy to use.

Pros

Handshake has brought efficiencies to our sales and fulfillment process. We've also been able to use it to take our inventory, saving us hundreds of hours of manual work. Our branches are able to fulfill orders faster which makes our customers happier too! HSDO has helped our customers order more product from us and opened up time to have more meaningful conversations with our reps too.

Cons

This is quite minor but I wish there was a bit more I could do for our online, customer facing portal. But really, that's just a cherry on top.

Handshake for Career Services

We use this software to post jobs for our students and alumni at the undergraduate and graduate level. We also use this for all career services related events to be communicated to our students and employers.

Pros

The intuitive nature of the design, how it mirrors facebook/linkedin, that it makes job searching easily social.

Cons

It would be nice if you could automatically accept any employer with above a specific trust score as it would save time approving each employer.

Excellent Resource for Internships and Full Time Employment Opportunities

Positive experience, but would like to continue to see improvements or update to the software to make it even better.

Pros

Handshake can be used by employers and for college students seeking employment. Internships, co-op opportunities, and full time employment positions can be posted/updated here. College students are able to create an individual profile and update their resume information as needed. They can also apply for jobs directly through handshake, because it will take them to the employers website.

Cons

I wish some of the notifications could be more filtered than they already are. Some students complain they are sent way too many emails from Handshake.

Was good, but not the best.

Overall it was effective in helping me find a job, but wasn't the easiest to use and navigate.

Pros

Handshake helped me connect with potential employers and tracked each of my applications so I could easily see what stage each application was at. Very useful to manage multiple applications.

Cons

There wasn't really any way to reach out directly to employers. The only way was just through the application link. That may be intentional to root out the excessive contact from potential employees who just want a job.

Valencia from Vega

Makes writing orders or suggested orders quick and easy.

Makes writing my orders very quick and convenient; valuable organized history of customers' orders, as well as a professional looking format for order confirmations or suggested orders.

Pros

Visual format, makes order easily readable by customer. Quick and easy to reference previous orders and info.

Cons

"Syncing data" sometimes goes on for minutes, sometimes I just have to take the order on my notes app and fill in handshake later when it's done syncing. Location services to auto-fill our orders' location would be nice. And integration with our promo pricing (pricescripting) so orders display actual current WS would be helpful, both for informing customers what their order total will be as well as confirming to me the promo pricing will be applied. Not sure if this last point is possible as it involves two separate programs (netsuite and handshake)

Kevin from The Evans Group

This program makes order writing and submission easier than ever

Pros

Writing, confirming, and tracking Purchase orders is simple for factories, reps, and customers. Order writing can happen while walking on the sales floor with the buyer and looking directly at the current inventory on hand. Many Customers do not track their Purchase orders very well...so we are able to send them a copy instantly to their email....and they never "don't remember placing the order". orders can be easily split for multiple ship dates.

Cons

information in the order history changes when products are discontinued. It makes finding replacement with current product offerings more difficult.

larry from Larry Winderbaum, Inc.

HS is a great order writing app. it has changed my life, my company's life & my sales reps lives

as i explained in all the other questions, handshake simplifies and speeds up order writing, order transmission, submitting possible orders to clients, the many reports help alot, and on and on. handshake is AN INDISPENSABLE PART OF MY BUSINESS. don't know how i got along with out it, and don't know how i could get along without it in the future. keep up the good work

Pros

handshake is easy to use, lots of options, speeds up the order writing & transmission process, great customer service

Michael from Chex Finer Foods

Happy handshaking

Great. We are able to service customers with technology that is advanced and feels cutting edge. Customers love the pictures and being to see you new items. Were now starting to offer programs through handshake and I have also benefit from having an online website which is in past What is an underappreciated feature by chex.

Pros

We get hundreds of handshake orders every week from customers big and small. The onboarding was fantastic and I enjoyed my weekly calls with their integration specialist. The software was flexible and was able to adapt to our company needs.

Cons

The sync had unanticipated challenges and though improvements are being made created some issues for customers. The development has been slow for custom features that are company specify.

James from Melange Collection

Handshake is what you need for POS

Extremely easy to use and effective software, outstanding responsive support. Highly recommend company and product.

Pros

Handshake makes inventory management, POS, product upload a breeze. Beyond, handling our POS, we often turn to handshake just to quickly access skus and product images as reference because of its ease of use. It also serves as our primary source for CSV organized exchange of product and price information. Highly recommended.

Cons

Would like to see it on Android as well as iOS.

Chrissy from Biovante

I love that it is easy, simple, and quick!

Pros

What I like most about Handshake is that it is a simple set up process to enter customers and products and customer service is great! It also has Q & A section and tutorials available which is so helpful.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that it needs to be available on tablets also not just ipads/iphones. I would also like to be able to run reports from the desktop version instead of switching between the ipad and computer.

William from GBT Sales & Services, LLC.

Happy Rep agency

I have been using Handshake for over 5 years and its helped me grow my business from one rep to 10. We sell products for 16 different manufactures and its has become my teams sales catalog. Cant see doing outside sales any other way.

Pros

Simplicity of order entry for my reps in the field and the ease of updating multiple lines.

Cons

It not available for other platforms like android or windows. Price breaks do not add up when a product has multiple variants.

Jose from Red Barn

I have found the app easier to use than other apps in the past.

It saves me a lot of time in placing my orders and I like that it gives me a total for my order right away.

Pros

I like the ease of finding products by category and brands, I often skip ordering from another vendor because using handshake will save me time.

Cons

I don't like that when using the camera feature I have to press camera before every use, I would be happier if after each scan it would just automatically go to my camera.

Bethany from Melange Collection

Great for Trade Shows

Pros

I love that it includes images and sends the customer pictures of what they ordered. We have a Christmas-based business and sometimes our customers will buy something in February that they don't want shipped to them until October so being able to remind them with pictures of what they ordered is fabulous.

Cons

Does not track inventory levels. I would love to put my inventory numbers in before a trade show so that I don't oversell beyond what I have in stock. It would also be great if we could invoice customers. We have a Christmas-based business and sometimes our customers will buy something in February that they don't want shipped to them until October so we often don't collect payment information from them at the time that they order. Then we have to call them before we ship their order to collect credit card information. I would love to be able to email them and invoice them directly from Handshake.

Jessica from Vega

I use handshake to enter orders in my role in outside sales.

Pros

Cons

I wish there was a way to integrate the items that are out of stock with this software, so we would not be able to place an item that is currently out of stock. Right now we have to make sure we are always aware of what is on the out of stock report, which our company sends as a daily email.

Isaiah from Mariposa USA, Inc.

Saves hours of time on order entry.

Saving hours of order entry time and order taking time.

Pros

I like most about eliminating double entry of orders. It connects automatically into our accounting software. It's great to take the app as our catalog and skim through the products with a breeze. Being able to email the customer the copy of the order with the images is a great feature.

Cons

When syncing, it's hard to troubleshoot what could cause the error. The system doesn't tell us exactly what is causing the sync error. UPC numbers has input manually. It doesn't sync with the accounting software automatically. Also new items takes longer to setup due to manual UPC update.

Alan from Chris Rush Designer Notes

Handshake is a Small Businesss Best Friend

Handshake really simplifies my order processing experience. Both at trade shows and in the studio, Handshake adds a level of professionalism in the appearance and clarity of the order and shipping-related documents we create. And the customer service team at Handshake is great to work with and very responsive to even our most trivial questions.

Pros

Handshake software is easy to use and makes order-taking and acknowledgement a snap - particularly in busy trade show environments. Product lists are easy to load and update. While I dont use it yet, Im excited at the prospect of using the invoicing function as well

Cons

It would be nice to be able to update the product list on my iPad as well as on my laptop

Brian from ClearVision Optical

Handshake has made entering and submitting orders incredibly easy and efficient....love it!

Pros

Able to fix mistakes easily. Can change and duplicate orders in a flash. It flows extremely well with between customers and inventory.

Cons

They added the ability to take notes on a customer...so nothing comes to mind. The fact that there are constant updates, means that it is constantly improving.

emily from Poorboy Woodworks

Dependable, Effective, User friendly

Every customer now receives a well written, organized packing slip and invoice. Each order gets taken to the back for other workers to start pulling it and now there is less waiting time since there is hardly any confusion.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use, I love the simple format and it makes my job a lot more easier and organized.

Cons

I don't like how sometimes it will crash..Although it always comes back with the option to go back to the order you were working on. There's not much else to say!

GreatProduct

Easy to use as long as it is only on one devise. I use to have it both on my iPad and iPhone but they could not since correctly.

Pros

Easy to use to send packing list or quotes to customers.

Cons

It would be nice to have a sub category. In other words having location 1 with a list of product and then location 2 etc.

david from clearvision optical

As a non tech 68 year old I was apprehensive, now I can't imagine doing without it.

Pros

Simplifies the whole ordering process. Having a current inventory status info lowers Back orders. ease of operation

Cons

Using the flagging operation is of the CIR is tedious. The result with a single order with both credits and order. these should be able to separate and compare numbers

Matt from The evans group

Territory sales

Simply put I get back my time with handshake. I do not have to write down orders or enter them in my lap top computer. It is in real time.

Pros

Simplicity of entering orders before I leave my accounts

Cons

If you can find something you dont like about Handshake you had better bet that they will fix it fast.

AM

Time Saving App for ecommerce

Pros

Its simple and easy to use, add products, check orders, order history and reports. Its great application for tracking orders at trade shows & exhibitions.

Owen from Colors in Optics

Industry: Medical Devices

Handshake

mentioned in the pros.

Pros

The software lets me introduce my products to new accounts without having to bring in all the samples

Cons

somehow, when a product is on back order, it still should be shown and the decision to order the item should be up to the rep and account

Todd from Safety sales

Awesome going paperless

Day to day time saver

Pros

No more paperwork on dashboard I like I can get signature and email on the spot. I have my customer information entered and is easy to access.

Cons

When I go to it and times halfway through it takes me back to main screen and I have to remember where I was

sue from Distinctive Wines

great ordering tool

Pros

ease of use , catalogue, ability to apply discounts by customer. The ability to add images and on the spot reporting of customer history

Cons

Needs a better back of house reporting system , the ability to choose date ranges and the ability to filter brands

Trey from The Evans Group

Efficient and Effective

I have had a very positive experience with Handshake over the last few years, and I would definitely recommend it to other manufacturer sales representatives. It saves me a great amount of time each day.

Pros

Helps me generate orders quickly and easily

Cons

Orders occasionally get trapped in outbox

August 2015

Elizabeth from Rifle Paper Co.

August 2015

The perfect app for writing orders at trade shows!

We began using Handshake almost a year ago for the trade shows our company personally attends throughout the year. Prior to Handshake everything was very analog for us, we wrote down orders on carbon copy forms and our customers left our booth with a copy of their order that was completely illegible (the carbon copies were a mess). This also meant none of our show orders could be processed while we were still at the show, because everything had to wait until we got back from the week-long show with the copies in hand before our team could start processing them. With Handshake, we take orders on our iPad minis and as the customer leaves the booth a copy of the order is immediately emailed to them as well as our team back at the office. This allows the customer to have a clear and concise record (with pictures!) of what they ordered and it also allows our folks to process the order immediately as opposed to waiting several days. Handshake has helped in countless ways and really we could not be more happy with how much more efficient we became! The user interface is clean and easy to navigate which is certainly important when taking a customer's order as it eliminates room for error.

Pros

Usability, clean interface, speed, reporting options

Laurel

My Favorite Business App

I'm an independent sales rep with multiple lines and have been using Handshake for over 3 years. This app never disappoints and has worked seamlessly on the road and at trade shows. I even use it when customers phone in an order, it is that easy and fast to use. And then with a couple clicks I can send it right on to my manufacturer and a copy to the customer. No more homework at the end of a long day! Set up is easy, and updating pricing and adding new product takes no time at all. The Handshake customer service team has been quick to answer my questions and they have an excellent understanding of what tools a rep needs to get the job done.

Pros

Handshake has made order writing fun, for me and my customer. I have multiple lines at my fingertips with images, pricing and product details. The search feature works quickly and with 15,000+ sku's that's important! I could go on but I think the five stars I gave in every category speaks for itself.

Michael from Ensystex, Inc

Industry: Chemicals

Excellent, use everyday to process orders

Clear understanding and quick reference of how much my clients order

Pros

Cons

A little clumsy when looking at past orders for clients. List scrolls back up when get out of an order's details. Would like to see a list of products in the order history list for quick reference.

Melanie from Lux Fragrances

Overall very good

Pros

Ease of use, inventory is updated with each sync, ability to use bluetooth scanner, reports are easy to run

Cons

Seems like the program "freezes" on occasion, unable to open an existing order. Only retains orders for approx. 60 days

Ann from Consumer Services

Handshake Review

Overall I have had no issues. When I needed something changed, updated or have had an issue it has always been addressed right away.

Pros

Easy to use when in front of customers.

Cons

Sometimes you have to go in an force it to sync.

Glenn from Alta Supply

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Alta Supply

Has been instrumental in separating us from our competition

Pros

Ease of getting critical product information to all of my customers

Cons

No android app available for customers who dont have an iPhone

Elizabeth from Pehr

A wholesale must have

Pros

The flexibility and ease of taking orders during tradeshows really revolutionized how productive we were able to be during show periods. With a robust catalog, Handshake makes it seamless for us and the customers.

Cons

There is no payment processing currently available to capture payments. Setting up skus is somewhat time consuming and manual.

Jane from Elk Accessories

August 2015

We recommend Handshake to everyone we meet.

Elk is an Australian based fashion and accessories brand with over 800 customers worldwide. We have salespeople and rep groups on two continents, and multiple currencies all of which Handshake handles with ease. We have been working with the team at Handshake for over 5 years now, since the very beginning and couldn't be happier with the app and the personalized service that comes with it. Handshake has helped us to grow our wholesale business worldwide by putting product and sales information at our Rep's fingertips. Integrating into our existing accounts and warehousing systems, it allow professional, smooth and successful sales and distribution across the world. The sales, customer success and support teams are always available for fast responses to questions, and if you can think of a new feature, chances are it is already in the works! They're a fun and lively team, with their finger on the pulse, constantly building on an already great product. We love it!

Owen from Colors in Optics

easy to use

Pros

makes life easy when making a presentation. my accounts love it as they can see all of my collections without having to go through physical samples.

Cons

when emailing orders in to my company, I do not know if the orders actually went through, even though I am told the email was sent. I would like an actual notification that the email was delivered.

Brendon from My Saint My Hero

Save time on orders - make it easy, fast and reliable.

Pros

Handshake is a slick, familiar interface on top of a highly manageable back-end hub. We chose this application in order to have static content not relying on an internet connection, and we stayed for the extensive customization and the well-written API.

Cons

Handshake billing has proven to be quite inflexible about subscription and payment. If we pay on a yearly term, they outright refused a proration on accounts that we no longer find necessary. Managing incoming orders proves to be burdensome on staff - we could use more *required fields and validation options to ensure that we are collecting the correct info on the front end. We would also love to authorize cards on the go.

Brian from ClearVision Optical

Handshake Review

Easy to use and I would highly recommend it.

Pros

Ease-of-use Very intuitive. It flows well for the different uses.

Cons

Nothing I liked the old icons better. That is it.

Jake from rogue fitness

Excellent Software for B2B Niches

Overall this is excellent software, I highly recommend it to any traveling sales reps or anyone working sales in a high-paced environment where efficiency is king.

Pros

Very quick, simple, and efficient to create orders. Great for sales reps on the road, which is primarily were I used this software and saw it being used by others. Could be a little pricey depending on your sales volume, but many will able to get way more than their money's worth out of it.

Cons

I've had some software updates/syncs/etc load a bit slow at times. It's crashed before as well, but nothing out of the ordinary, I've used WAY worse software in my day, just nit picking so I can fill out the cons field.

doron from mav usa llc

Industry: Warehousing

top notch

great all around very easy to use and great face for your wholesale business.

Pros

easy navigation and great customer service

Cons

does not have inventory built-in

Jenn from Bad Habit NYC

Handshake makes order processing a breeze

time saving accurate order placement

Pros

easily handles orders with all contact info stored for repeat customers, as well as order history, makes running a buisness just a bit easier

Cons

simmilar names can cause a bit of confusion but with a diligent eye and attention all errors can be avoided

Nina from Vega

Easy and clean

Pros

Easy to navigate. Love that you can attach photos of your products. Syncs into our order software quickly!

Cons

No order tracking. When there is an issue and you email support, they only have data for up to 5 days then all the information disappears so it is hard to solve a system issue.

David from Fetzer Vineyards

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Fetzer Vineyards

In stores sales

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to update products and add new ones.

Cons

Slow to open sometimes in both desk top tablet

Brock from Ace Hill Beer

Easy to Use Ordering System

Great- very helpful

Pros

The ordering features and functions and being able to see how much a customer spends on product.

Cons

Sometimes goes down and wont sync properly. Issues with credit cards getting pulled to our back end.

Lance from Mountain States Sports Marketing

Industry: Sporting Goods

Handshake has been great! Writing orders is so much faster and organized.

Faster order writing. No need to carry my laptop anymore. Can check prices for any factory and item all on one app.

Pros

Easy to use. Clean, organized and well thought out. I don't have to carry my laptop anymore for price sheets or program info. I have it all on this app.

Cons

Needs a section for notes on each factory. I can add notes for each customer. I want the same thing for each factory.