Browse Helcim Reviews

Chaya from Paws 2 Tail Pet Services

Simply great merchant services

i absolutely love using Helcim. i have used many other platforms in previous jobs, and not one matches the level of customer service which Helcim provides. coupled with the fairly easy to use system and setup, I believe Helcim is one of the best, definitley the best for the price point, which I was just informed has been removed!

Pros

fairly easy to set up and use, although if I didnt have experience setting up pos systems it might have been slightly more challenging. in my opinion the absolute best part of Helcim is their customer service. whenever I hit a bump in the road, I just called customer service and an agent was able to walk me through it.

Cons

i dont have any real cons that come to mind. maybe additional features when customizing invoices and receipts would be a cool option.

Reasons for Choosing Helcim

from my research Helcim seemed like the best option. plain and simple. having used square, and lightspeed in the past, I knew that i was not a fan of their systems even though they were highly rated. I wanted to try something new and what was most important to me when doing my research was the customer service aspect as I have found in the past this is where most of the merchant companies severely lack. Helcim appeared to be the best reviewed for that aspect and I am thrilled to say they have not disappointed.

Response from Helcim

Replied May 2021

Thank you, Chaya, for expressing your feelings about Helcim's unique value in the merchant services industry. We feel the same! Customer service, low fees, and high value for you and your business are what drive our mission - that merchants would love everything you experience as you partner with Helcim.

Leah from byteSMART Strategies & Digital Visions

Good software -- slightly confusing user interface, but terrific support staff.

So far, really good. The support staff are TERRIFIC -- I had to call a couple of times to figure out how to do things, but they were very fast and efficient at getting me rolling and moving ahead, and were very professional and polite.

Pros

Once I understood how to do things, it all worked out very well.

Cons

The user interface is a bit confusing, and sometimes seems like the processes are a bit redundant.

Reasons for Choosing Helcim

Less expensive, and a business friend recommended them. So far, I'm really liking the support, low fees, and most of the user screens.

Reasons for Switching to Helcim

PayPal was really frustrating me: impossible to reach support staff at all, and when I did, they were surly and rude. They charge a fortune for the service per transaction, and won't help you do anything or fix anything without a 10 to 14 day delay in the mix. On top of that, I couldn't deal with US customers without making them pay a wire transfer fee. And to boot, transfers to my bank account took several days each time unless I paid an extra fee. After three years of this, I decided enough was enough and started shopping around.

Response from Helcim

Replied April 2021

We're happy you switched to Helcim and we're proud to serve you, Leah!

Kelly from Monarch Fine Jewelry + Professional Piercing

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Terrible card terminal, but a fantastic company!

Pros

I've done quite a bit of shopping around and have yet to find any card processing company that has lower or more comprehensive rates. On the rare occasion I or my staff have had to call customer service, we've had a very short wait to talk with a live person, and our issue was always easily remedied. I also appreciate that Helcim customer support were always careful to not share my personal information with my staff.

Cons

By far, my least favorite thing about using Helcim has been the card terminal itself. I've use a couple different ones, and they're rather clunky and tricky for our clients to use. Even walking our client through each step, they'd still often make a mistake and have to start over because they'd hit the wrong button.

Reasons for Choosing Helcim

Recommendation from a fellow business owner, great processing rates.

Reasons for Switching to Helcim

I couldn't bare having my clients leaving with their last impression of their experience at my studio being frustration. Changing to a more intuitive terminal with a touchscreen has also drastically raised how much clients tip us.

Response from Helcim

Replied June 2021

We're glad to hear your customer service experience was top notch while enjoying low rates. Thank you for sharing, Kelly. Also, thank you for your feedback on the card terminal. You give us guidance on how to improve as we seek to improve the transaction experience for merchants and their customers. We have new terminals launching soon with more upgrades and options for merchants coming in the future.

Donald from Citrus Valley Florist

Ease of Payments

We are brand new to this product but have used mobile software in the past, while the other software works o.k. their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, I called on my very first day of using this product and the customer service was outstanding, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was amazing, very patient, answered my questions and walked me through all the different services offered. In 20 years of processing credit cards I have never had such an incredible experience. I know it was my first day and my first experience with their customer service but my mom also told me "if your relationship (business or personal) starts off bad it will most likely end bad" based off this I'm confident my relationship with Helcim is going to be outstanding

Pros

The application and approval process was quick and easy, had approval with 24 hours

Cons

A little more difficult to navigate around until you get used to it. Does not offer same day funding like most other mobile applications.

Price / customer service

Pricing / customer service

Response from Helcim

Replied August 2021

We're so proud to provide our merchants top shelf customer service. Thank you so much, Donald, for sharing your experience after switching to Helcim!

Paul from Concept II Massage

Customer Service second to none

My credit card reader was displaying a fault message so I reached out to the Helcim team to find a solution. I talked to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the Customer Service department and he immediately had an answer to solve my problem. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] walked me through the replacement process, made the necessary calls to get a new unit and most importantly kept me updated to his progress. The replacement unit was delivered to me less than 24 hours after my initial call to Helcim. Now that’s service !!! The Helcim team has set standards in customer service that more companies could take valuable lessons from.

Pros

The software is an integral part of my business and is reliable, well thought out and has an easy to understand interface for myself and for my customer when they are paying.

Cons

The software has been well thought out. No issues.

Response from Helcim

Replied April 2021

Being an integral, reliable partner for your business is core to how Helcim strives to partner with you. Thanks for sharing your feedback Paul!

Carla from Saunders Country

Always There

Sales are increased with having Debit/Credit so easily available. When you phone you always get a live, breathing body.

Pros

Plug it in and away you go. We are a seasonal business so have to reorder every year. This year I forgot to order called in a mad panic. Within 4 days the machine was here, plugged in and processing sales.

Cons

Do not come with a manual or any instructions.

Pricing, customer service, support

Pricing, customer service, support

Response from Helcim

Replied May 2021

We're glad to see Helcim is working for you in speed and savings, Carla. We appreciate your recommendation!

Ravineel from FAVA

Amazing Customer Support

My overall experience using the software is amazing. Even when I get stuck in issues, a quick call to customer support and getting in touch with a representative can help alleviate many troubles.

Pros

The software offers a lot of flexibility and features for our organization to use in various processes that we have established.

Cons

I really don't have anything I dislike about the software.

Response from Helcim

Replied May 2021

Helcim is proud to provide your organization flexibility and valuable features. We're proud to partner with The Film and Video Arts Society of Alberta; thanks for submitting your feedback, Ravi!

Les from LT Racing

Helcim is best value for our needs

When needed, customer support is very prompt and friendly, always seem to be available when you might need assistance

Pros

Everything one may normally need is there in the menu, sometimes tech support is needed, but usually just to show you where to go to get what you need.

Cons

Have not found one thing I dislike about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Helcim

I feel very strongly that the pricing is fair

Reasons for Switching to Helcim

Very fair pricing, prompt set-up and on going excellent customer service

Response from Helcim

Replied May 2021

Thank you for your commendation, Les!

Ed from Stockmans the cowboy store LLC

The Best

wish I had found Helcim years ago!

Pros

Easy to use, Transparent fees, Great support, Cut the cost buy 60% from the last processor,

Cons

Could not be integrated with my POS .

Cost

Cost

Response from Helcim

Replied May 2021

Saving your business money is what Helcim is all about - so you are in the best position to compete and thrive! Thanks for sharing, Ed.

Eleanor from Timmermans Landscaping Ltd.

Great Customer Support

Anytime I have had occasion to speak with support, they have always been most helpful.

Pros

The software is easy to use, easy to understand.

Cons

Can't really think of anything that I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing Helcim

Overall pricing and no need to have hardware to process credit cards.

Response from Helcim

Replied May 2021

Thank you for your recommendation, Eleanor!

Amy from Talericos

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent Customer Service

I had a couple of ‘how-to’ questions so I contacted Helcim. The agent was helpful and professional making sure I had the I needed and offering to talk me through how to make the changes myself if I needed to in the future! He was terrific! Thank have recommended Helcim to other business owners because their service is exceptional- from the software, to support team to pricing- they cannot be beat!

Pros

The software is very intuitive and works well on our pc and on our iPad tablet for trade shows. We can process transactions with ease and confidence!

Cons

Our invoice template looks great but the footer statement thanking the customer for their business always rolls over to the next page. I would like to adjust the page margins just a little so it will fit on the invoice page. There may be a way but I haven’t figured it out yet. Or a ‘fit to 1 page’ option would be great!

Response from Helcim

Replied February 2021

Hello Amy, It's amazing to know that Helcim is helping your business be flexible in receiving payments. We love to hear how our team has helped you. And thank you for recommending Helcim! Your Helcim Guru will be in touch shortly to assist you with adjusting the format of your invoices. Thank you for your feedback, Amy! The Helcim Team

David from London Brewing Co-operative

Excellent Customer Support

Pros

For the most part Heclim's feature set covers what we need - where they really hit it out of the park is with support. Have always received prompt and useful technical assistance from their team.

Cons

We have a fairly complex environment and so Helcim doesn't do everything we need from it but that is overcome with supplementary software.

Response from Helcim

Replied July 2021

David, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Helcim!

David from Friends of First Congregational Foundation, Inc.

Friends of First experience with Helcim

I do not work with the system on a regular basis, so my own experience has been the lack of any problems or negative feedback from the people that do use it.

Pros

What we like most is that the system has worked smoothly; I do not believe we are taking advantage of the additional features, beyond accepting credit cards for payment.

Cons

The credit card process has fit in very smoothly with the operations; I have received no negative feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Helcim

I was not part of the selection.

Reasons for Switching to Helcim

I was not part of the selection; but I believe we received a better arrangement financially and for use.

Response from Helcim

Replied August 2021

Thank you for your review, David!

Kathy from Marillac Counseling LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy for a Newby

I am pleased with the ease of use and helpful staff.

Pros

I am not super tech savvy and just started my own business. I was able to use Helcim easily. When I needed help, customer support was very helpful and professional.

Cons

The website needs refreshed frequently and can run slow.

Reasons for Choosing Helcim

I appreciated the free trial as I was just getting started and it was nice to see if I liked it before committing to a monthly fee. I also liked that I can go month to month, and Helcim is a US business that employs local people.

Response from Helcim

Replied May 2021

Hi Kathy! Did you know, as of this month, May 2021, Helcim no longer charges a monthly fee? We hope this will help you in your new business venture. Also, thank you for sharing how easy Helcim is to use. May you and your business thrive! - Your Helcim Team

Joel from Actors habitat

Great customer service

Pros

I cant really say much about the software as I have been experiencing small but fixable problems, however the times I’ve had to call customer service to have the problems fixed... the reps have been EXCELLENT!!! incredibly polite, extremely knowledgeable, and have always been a saving grace on a bad day. Wonderful staff!!

Cons

Still very new to me. Was having some processing issues

Response from Helcim

Replied May 2021

Hi Joel, Welcome to Helcim and thank you for choosing us as your payments provider. We're thrilled to hear you've been enjoying our customer service. Providing great support is really important to us, we look forward to continuing to work with you and your business. We're always here if you have questions or feedback. Thank you, - The Helcim Team

Emily from InterGen Canada Inc.

Exceptional Customer Service During Setup of Helcim Account

I required support during a few steps of setup and was always responded to quickly and with great detail to help with any challenges. Fantastic, helpful team!

Pros

Invoice template creation and tracking invoice progress.

Cons

Ability to have two separate bank accounts (i.e. tax receipted donation account and sponsorship proceeds) through the same Helcim account.

Local YYC company.

Response from Helcim

Replied June 2021

Emily, thank you so much for sharing what you love about Helcim! Regarding the separate bank accounts, we have a way for you to accomplish this - all under the same Helcim login. Please feel free to reach out to the support team (1-877-643-5246) and they'd be happy to make it happen for you.

Al from flowers naturally NYC

Easy to use and great tech support

Great.

Pros

Ease of use and pricing. Also low fees!!

Cons

Trouble linking receipt printer to tablet.

Low fees.

Response from Helcim

Replied May 2021

We appreciate your feedback, Al. Thank you!

May 2016

Kevin from Undisclosed

May 2016

great!

straightforward easy to use, and great customer support as well

Response from Helcim

Replied May 2016

Thanks so much for the feedback Kevin, we're proud to serve you.