Lightspeed Retail

RATING:

4.1

About Lightspeed Retail

Lightspeed Retail is a cloud-based POS solution that is suitable for retailers in industries such as apparel, footwear, bike, jewelry, pet, sporting goods and home decor. The solution offers retailers tools including inventory management, retail store management, cash drawer control, payment processing, purchase order management, customer profile access, accounting software integration and integration with POS hardware such as barcode scanner or receipt printer tools. Lightspeed offers a fully integrated, eCommerce platform that allows customers to manage in-store and online inventory, have a single view of customers and analyze multi-channel sales data. The retail POS system offers multi-store capabilities such as inventory sync across all locations, while mobile ex...

Lightspeed Retail Pricing

Lightspeed Retail Basic: $109/month (billed monthy) or $89/month (billed annually) Core: $179/month (billed monthly) or $149/month (billed annually) Plus: $289/month (billed monthly) or $239/month (billed annually)

Starting price:

Zondre

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Great integrated system

Lightspeed has been great. We have been using it for over a year and it has met my expectations. Whenever I request help, which isn't that often anymore they are quick to respond.

PROS

The best feature of LIghtspeed is the analytics package. As a senior manager you can spend a lot of time calculating your performance manually in excel. But the Analytics package takes care of all of that. It's easy to see the performance of your inventory, employees and marketing at any time. There are also a lot of apps that work with Lightspeed that make it the most functional POS system I've used. The fact that the ecommerce is integrated as well makes it a great fully integrated system. You could pay a lot more to piece together all the of the systems you need. Or you could spend a huge amount of money creating a custom system.

CONS

There are some small idiosyncrasies like not adjusting sync times for your local time zone. So, yesterday is never accurate you have to wait for the next days sync to get have accurate information. I would also like to be able to have our time management app sync employee time to Lightspeed so we don't have to enter it manually. I've given up on tracking employee hourly performance for this reason. Or if they offered a better time clock management natively that would help. I'd also like them to include the previous year comparisons in their dashboard. And, I'd like to look at seasonal performance rather than just month to month and week to week.

Reason for choosing Lightspeed Retail

I looked at a couple of others too that I can't remember. A lot of them had great features, but none of them had all of the features to have a fully integrated system for our customers to shop online or in person. And, none of them had the analytics tools that Lightspeed has.

Reasons for switching to Lightspeed Retail

I wanted a cloud based integrated system

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Best POS System in the Business

We had two separate Retail POS systems in our organization. One was so antiquated it had to be replaced and the second one was experiencing issues everyday and the support was lousy. We purchased LightSpeed. I had the Retail Operators go through the setup videos and make decisions on how they wanted to setup the system based on the videos. Then, when the Operators completed their training, I had them configure LightSpeed themselves based on what they learned and the decisions they made. We then entered the inventory and the rest is history. I would recommend LightSpeed to anyone looking for a retail POS no matter what size.

PROS

I have installed numerous POS systems in my 30+ years of experience. LightSpeed is by far the most comprehensive system, yet easiest system to implement and use. There support mechanism is second to none. If you look your question up in help, there will be documentation to answer your question, and chances are there is a video that walks you step by step through the solution. If you feel like you want to get live help, there chat mechanism is one of the best, better yet, the support people on the chat are the most patient and knowledgeable support people in the business. Simply the best.

CONS

I don't have any comments for this section

Reason for choosing Lightspeed Retail

Price and product

Reasons for switching to Lightspeed Retail

Previous system just was not capable of doing what we purchased it to do.

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Take Your Money Elsewhere...Total Fail and Misleading Sales

Lied to so I would purchase $500 in hardware. Then was ghosted when I cancelled and wanted to return hardware. Spent two months trying to make it functional. Finally gave up. Cancelled subscription and then could not get a call back for hardware return. Was told a lot of inaccurate information at sales, just to be told at implementation it would not do those things that were promised.

PROS

Nothing. Wasted my time and energy with false promises of functionality. Total fail. Terrible experience

CONS

Questions I asked at demo: Does it include integrations with Woo and Amazon? Told it did. It does not! Demands additional software to integrate with Woo, Amazon, and Shipstation. Where is support? Told North America. It is not. 4-6 days to get email response. Phone support has no answers, creates email chain.

Hi James, Thank you for sharing your concerns. We apologize for any frustration you experienced with our product and services. Your feedback on integrations and support response times is invaluable, and we're committed to improving in these areas. If you're open to it, we'd appreciate the chance to discuss this further. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your account within our records based on the information provided in your review. Please reach out to your Account Manager directly so we can find ways to assist you better. Thank you in advance for your time. The Lightspeed Team

Replied May 2024

henry

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Merchant is not secure against ilegal charge back

PROS

Easy to use, however Merchant allows debit card to proceed with a chargeback without returning the merchandise , scary and dangerous for any business.