All SPS Commerce Reviews

Eugene

Food Production, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

One Platform For All Our Needs.

Kelvin

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed June 2019

Easy to use Excellent sales and support staff

I am 10+ year user of VP, with each version the tool gets easier and more consistent across the UI, we are able to provide 100% of our customer requirements.

PROS

Seamless integration with our ERP software, the support team is very responsive and very flexible when mapping to our trading partner non-standard needs

CONS

The interface needs a little more consistency across the whole design but overall easy to navigate and use

Reviewed July 2018

Great for integrated CMS systems

My experience hasn't been easy. There was no first hand training. We had to rely on webinars and video training to gather the knowledge we needed to understand how to navigate SPS Commerce and the fulfillment process. However, if we had an in-person training and if our in-house software was more up-to-date so that integration and automation was an option, I believe my experience would be more pleasant.

PROS

The ability to communicate between retailers and suppliers in a very real time exchange. The ability to merge a large quantity of orders directly into our CMS software for quick and easy fulfillment. The search ability to easily find any PO and the ease with being able to separate retailers by name. Love the work flow chart associated to each order- easy to see notes and activity in regard to any given order.

CONS

The complicated and lengthy process of sending and receiving PO Acknowledgements and Changes. All recent activity is noted on the over and transaction tabs, making it confusing to scroll through. I like the idea of only showing 1 PO number and having check marks within the box that show the activity that has been completed for that particular PO. This software does not work well with our very unique "small company" CMS/ ERP software. We have to manually print out each PO, manually respond with a PO Acknowledgement after manually checking our inventory, and then have to manually enter the drop ship addresses and order into our software for fulfillment. We then also have to manually respond with ASNs and import invoicing. We do have the ability to merge large quantity orders, with a specially crafted application so long as it only has a few consistent addresses the account/retailer ships to. Automated merging is not possible for many and varying drop ship addresses, those we must manually print, review, and enter through the entire fulfillment process.

Reviewed August 2018

SALES DEPT MORE CONCERNED WITH MONEY THAN CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS

We have been using SPS Commerce for quite a while to process orders for one of our major vendor partners who uses DC's to disperse to their stores. Another mid-size chain opted to used them as well. While it takes about 3-4 times as long to process these orders due to the number of steps involved in verification, we were fine with the partnership. When one of our major vendor partners indicated they were going to start using SPS Commerce to create greater visibility, we realized it would increase our volume with SPS Commerce (SC) significantly. The SC sales team was aggressive and persistent in pushing for confirmation of the additional partnership agreement. We were sold on a flat rate contract, which if it started in line with the Vendor Partner implementation date would have been a good deal. When the Vendor Partner delayed, we were basically told "too bad", rather than SC in turn being willing to push the date. They are collecting triple the rate yet not doing the work of processing the orders for this Vendor Partner. It has completely soured our view of SC. We will be addressing this issue with the Vendor Partner and urging them to consider a competitor alternative for order processing.

PROS

It creates visibility and the tech support team is helpful.

CONS

Lack of integrity from the sales team. We were sold on a flat rate contract set to align with a vendor partnership compliance date. Even though the contract date was a month early (SPS Commerce set the deadline to "lock in" the flat rate to a full month before the implementation date with the major Vendor Partner), the sales rep indicated we would see early implementation of order delivery by signing up. When the compliance implementation date was delayed by the vendor partner, the sales team refused to push the start date or offer any delay in the new heavy fees that are triple the old rate. To date, we are paying another fulfillment company for processing this vendor partners orders, while also paying SPS Commerce triple what our previous months average was to not process them. Not the makings for a win-win partnership.

Reviewed April 2018

We use SPS on a daily basis, but when problems arise there is always a delay in resolution.

PROS

Once set-up has been completed correctly the process is smooth. I like that I am able to get notifications of the activities of the POs, Invoices, and ASNs.

CONS

The software is fine, but support needs help. Emailing customer support is a slow process and I don't get same day responses/resolutions. Response from a staff member can take a few days to a week. I typically have to call in to get problems resolved the same day if it's an urgent matter. Error notifications don't provide any details on why documents were rejected. Depending on who is helping with the ticket will depend on the length of time for resolution. I have requested a break down of the EDI flow so I can understand the process better, but have not received additional information and was told there isn't any information on this. Our company has had high turnover and there is no one on staff that has a central understanding of how EDI works.

Danielle

Love SPS Fulfillment!

PROS

I love how user friendly the software is! It was a seamless transition with lots of resources and tools. Customer service is ALWAYS super friendly AND helpful, which is hard to come by these days!

CONS

When I click on a new PO I'd like to be able to toggle from tab to tab however the page changes entirely so sometimes I have to go back and forth too much.. Other than that I love it!

Reviewed January 2019

Robust service but hard to work with and very costly

Overall, I'm not impressed with SPS. Basic functions like automated inventory feeds were created to be sources of revenue for the company. Customer support rarely met expectations - when they give a deadline, expect it to be accomplished a week or two later (sometimes worse).

PROS

What I liked most about this software is that every online e-tailer seems to have some sort of integration with SPS.

CONS

What I liked least about this software is the poor timeliness of customer service and ridiculous cost.

We are disappointed to hear that your experience with SPS didn't meet your expectations. If you'd like to reach out to me at krindels@spscommerce.com, I'd like to learn more and see how we could address your concerns.

Replied January 2019

Robert

Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Great value and service

SPS has been great by allowing integration for invoicing to our customers which frees up time and makes accounting of invoices easy.

PROS

Easy to use and never any downtime. Customer service is great when needed and quick to respond

CONS

When down several levels deep in options to go back up 1 or 2 levels cant use back button have to go back to beginning and drive back down.

Taylor

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Much improved functionality over the last 3 years

Consistent data and help!

PROS

It's the industry standard and so many of our customers use it. The improved Webform Fulfillment is user friendly and intuitive. The chat feature is helpful.

CONS

Not all our customers use SPS and it does not integrate with QuickBooks Online. Sometimes the sales and implementation teams use jargon I can't follow.

Dale

Reviewed April 2018

The development and support teams are great and the products work quite well.

PROS

It works properly and our users are able to master it quickly. The UI is logically laid out and easily navigable.

CONS

It is a cloud service with the typical reliability and security concerns associated with such a deployment. I know when Amazon Web Services are down, so is SPS Commerce and, perforce, so are we.

Deanna

Consumer Goods

Reviewed April 2018

clean, easy to use website

PROS

The customer is great and response time is usually very quick. The program is fairly straight forward and easy to use.

CONS

It would be great if there was a feature that saved information in fields you continuously use and input the same information. If there is that feature, I haven't found it.

Todd

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

10+ years and still terrible. And insult to EDI in all forms.

Been terrible since they every forced their way into the first vendor-retailer relationship and nothing's changed. Still terrible, just worse at what they do.

PROS

There is NOTHING good about a company with a 1.2 star BBB rating.

CONS

SPS staff's technical ability is without a doubt the worst in the industry. Nobody you'll speak to is proud of this company, they're all in sales or just needed a job. 12+ weeks to turnaround onboarding a trading partner is horrible. They're entire business model was to buy a big box retailers vendor list and force them on to SPS at the vendor's expense. Extortion? Close if not. Now that isn't working anymore so they're trying new shady tactics. The best thing the whole EDI industry could hope for is this scam go out of business.

Reason for choosing SPS Commerce

Like many people forced to deal with them, we never chose SPS Commerce. They forced their way into a revenue stream between us and retailers they duped into using them. Other than these small 1-10 person Mom and Pops that don't know better, they have very sew satisfied customers.

Walter

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

EDI Fulfillment Tool: Great Way To Fulfill Orders

Before using SPS Commerce we had to do everything manually in the form of emails and our company software. Now whenever we receive an order we just log in to the portal process it on our end and then enter the tracking information and invoice information. Easy peasy!

PROS

Very easy to use. Once everything is setup we get prompt emails for orders received. This helps us in processing the order. Once we login to the portal everything is just a click away. All the open order are shown on the dashboard instantaneously. Furthermore, there are very userfriendly and vibrant buttons or blocks that differentiate between orders, errors, shipments, and invoices. If anything is missing from any order for example shipping information or invoicing information, it's just a click away to complete it. When we open the order, the presentation of the order workflow is so easy to understand, even a layman with no technical information can easily understand at which stage the order is. We have one of our trusted resellers also using it and they are able to extract information very easily. Also, when we signed up I was afraid I would not understand how everything works on the SPS portal, but the training center feature helped me greatly understand how each of the processes works. I had an issue once, I was unable to find the carrier code for one of my carriers, I talked to the support rep and she helped me with it. Although it took her some time also to find it but the issue was resolved.

CONS

Well, I wouldn't say its a very bad feature but when I tried adding more users to our account, like our accounts personnel and other team members who interact with it, there was a fee associated with it. It's not a con but we were not informed about it before.

Reason for choosing SPS Commerce

Well, to put it in simple words our CEO approved it because of the low cost and it was fulfilling all the things we needed it to fulfill.

Sam

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2018

SPS Commerce gets the job done, but seems expensive for what it is

SPS Commerce allowed us to connect to dropship and bulk-shipment retailers via EDI. We were able to fulfill orders manually via this software, and then eventually set up the software to communicate automatically with our warehouse.

PROS

If you need to connect to a sales channel via EDI, SPS Commerce is going to be one of the most reliable options to do so. SPS is a large organization, and they seem to have experience connecting with any retailer we would want to do business with. This makes the integration process a lot easier. SPS also has a very responsive technical support team. Any time an issue comes up, we send them an email, and almost always get a response within one business day. The technical team seems to be very knowledgeable.

CONS

The main con is the price. SPS charges a flat per-document fee. When you are receiving large dollar-value orders, this small fee per document doesn't amount to much. However, if you are doing high volume, low dollar-value dropship orders, the fixed fee per document takes out a large percentage of your profit. Depending on the type of business you do, you need to clearly negotiate with SPS to get the pricing that works best for you. Other than that, the experience with SPS Commerce has been good.

Laura

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Love SPS

I love SPS and am so glad we switched from Gentran.

PROS

If you are not an expert at EDI, or even if you are, SPS is a great option because it is very user friendly and saves an enormous amount of time. I always managed the EDI for the company, but it was easy to train other people in our company to use the software as well. The team there is friendly, attentive, and helpful. They pretty much do all the hard things for you.

CONS

There aren't many cons. If I had to call out one, it would be that the 'tips' aren't always very useful, but you can find the answer other ways.

Reason for choosing SPS Commerce

We didn't do a lot of shopping for other options because we were already familiar with SPS. Most of the retailers we were doing business with, already used SPS for their testing/EDI, so we considered them an easy switch. Plus we saved money switching from our old EDI solution.

Reasons for switching to SPS Commerce

Our old software at the time was coming to an end. SPS is more cost effective, user friendly, use-anywhere solution. Better in all ways.

Reviewed April 2023

Shady company, very difficult and horrible to deal with.

The worst part of my job is dealing with SPS Commerce. They make EDI difficult and a pain to deal with. I dislike this company more than any other I have ever had to deal with. I hope they go out of business.

PROS

Nothing. They over complicate and are inefficient in everything they do. I can do an EDI integration with anyone else in about a week. It takes months of pain to get anywhere with these clowns. They force suppliers to pay to go through their testing and certification.

CONS

There is no information given for errors in their software at times so you have to guess what is wrong. Customer support takes at least a day to respond to each question no matter what it is. EDI in general would be in a better place without this company in existence.

Reason for choosing SPS Commerce

I never would purchase SPS or any of their services voluntarily

Thayer

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed October 2019

10+ years and going strong

Our larger trading partners required us to be able to accept EDI POs, so that was our driver. Initially (12 years ago) we looked at two or three solutions and ended up picking a different package because VPEDI just looked "too easy." The other EDI solution, which shall remain nameless, was much more complex, and I thought it would be able to handle our somewhat complex pricing structure more easily. After fighting against unfulfilled promises with the other provider for a couple of years we gave DataMasons a second chance. They said they could deploy in 60 days, they did it, and we've been happy with our EDI situation ever since. We've added TPs and documents over the years, and DataMasons is always right on top of these as well. We feel like they value our business just as much today as they did on day one.

PROS

DM's libraries allow for quick deployment of new trading partners or documents. Scheduler handles most of our EDI interactions, so it is almost completely maintenance-free.

CONS

I can't really think of anything I don't like about the software.

Reason for choosing SPS Commerce

It's simple, it's scalable, it's supported by good people, and it works.

Reasons for switching to SPS Commerce