• Pros

• "Customer support is great. They are always ready to answer your questions."

• "Functionality, Customer service, Ease of use, Customization"

• "The options for setting bi-monthly, quarterly, etc renewal dates! I also like how easy it is to use, and give you a lot of control/flexibility"

• Cons

• "There are some limitations, such as no inventory control, doesn't connect to Paypal."

• "It can be a little tough to navigate. There are multiple menus and they aren't always intuitive."

• "Perhaps more on the visual side eg more style selections "

Browse Subbly Reviews

Megan from Dare 2 Dream Farms

Industry: Farming

Perfect for small CSA Farms, affordable & flexible system

I have had a million questions about all the options they've made available in this SAAS, and hiccups getting the payment to go through since it's international and the bank thought it was fraudulent. They've been so helpful and prompt with responding considering our time difference from California to Europe. The even extended the free trial so I could have time to get everything in order before going live!

Pros

Price point is affordable for small businesses and farms. Most favorite features are the customer portal so our subscribers can manage their own subscription, preferences, and billing at their convenience. The check out survey allows you to create add-on products and services billed right into the subscription price, or just as a one time add-on. The checkout flow is beautiful and mobile friendly, and the widget functions perfectly.

Cons

Not much I don't like about it - one thing I wish I could modify is the ability to change the language in the checkout process so it doesn't say "ship to this address", as opposed to just collecting a shipping and billing address, as one of my options in the checkout survey is to collect their subscription box on our farm for free.

Reasons for Choosing Subbly

Pricing, customer portal, customizing add-ons and box preferences during checkout, ability to add the widget into our existing website.

Response from Subbly

Replied January 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, we're over the moon that you've had a positive experience!

Kim from Mei Li Designs

New Subbly customer moving from another sub box platform

Really happy with the responsiveness of tech support, and their willingness to go above and beyond to solve problems. Also, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very responsive on the Facebook group, and it is obvious that he wants to continually improve the platform. Phone support and the ability to share a screen while setting up a website would be amazing!

Pros

Excellent customer support, adding products and photos is pretty easy to understand.

Cons

We have been mostly focused on setting up our one time products. We are still trying to learn the website builder. There are lots of great features, and we are still trying to figure out what works best, so we can't comment on this. We are moving from a different platform, and there are some features that are available to us on the other platform that we would love to see on Subbly as far as setting up a shop. 1) It would be great if we could create pages with categories of products. Tech support is helping us to set this up using our tags, but would be great if it was easier to do without tech support. If a list of categories to match the tags was added to the top of the shop, that would be supper helpful. 2) The ability to drag and drop to rearrange one time shop products would be great - we have had our sub box on another platform since Oct 2019. We had a number of Christmas one time products - stickers and shirts, that we wanted to offer as add-ons to the 2nd year's Christmas box. We were able to drag all the Christmas related products to the top of the shop so they would be seen first without having to search. We did the same thing with our previous valentines and summer products. 3) It would also be really helpful if we could duplicate one time products. All of our shirts have the same variables and pricing, but we need to enter the variables for each product. If we could just copy it, change the name and photo and have a different SKU, that would be amazing.

Reasons for Switching to Subbly

1) There are some limitations to their website design templates. Although they are always working on improving the Marketplace, there does not appear to be a lot of attention to making improvements on the website side. 2) Customer support is lacking, especially since COVID. When you do chat or email someone, they are all very nice, but the chat hours are very limited, and often issues need to be escalated, and then it ends up in email instead of chat which can stretch out up to a week without an answer. 3) Custoners can subscribe for 3 or 6 months to get a discount, but they must prepay the full amount.

Emily from We Are Here Coffee

A good starting place for your subscription business

A great place to quickly and cheaply setup your Subscripton business. A bit glitchy and a bit simplistic but it works to get you off the ground without breaking the bank.

Pros

*Most things you need to get going are in one place and that you don't need to bolt on and pay for apps (you do but less essential compared to Shopify) * Quick responses from customer service * The customer's account for managing their subscription is excellent, much clearer than Bold/Shopify. * Quick and easy to build a site without any coding * Much cheaper than what you'd end up paying for Shopify/Bold * The ability to start subscriptions in the future and have the customer decide how many reoccurrences they want for their gift.

Cons

* Lack of shipping options for customers - proves difficult to have a profitable one price fits all option * Somewhat defensive customer service responses * Glitchy - had to re-save sections 20+ times * No show-cart step * No stock control/variants for non-subscription items * Limits to what you can do on the site, mobile and tablet aren't completely intuitive/customisable/responsive * Customers can't have more than one subscription in their basket

Response from Subbly

Replied October 2020

Thanks for your feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve and in fact lots of the things you have mentioned are already being solved as I write this and we can't wait to deliver those to you.

Yva from the bread Ladies

Best alternative for subscription business

Subbly besides, all the improvements that it needs, is the best option for subscription business. Also the support team is really good and sometimes they work really fast in developing new features of many customers Vote for it

Pros

I used to have squarespace, but the platform was not build around a subscription. in contrary subbly is. It is easier to navigate data, process payments and modify subscriptions.

Cons

There are some functionalities not available like exporting some data from the users. You have to enter profile by profile to check what they did because you can not do a direct download. Also, you can’t duplicate products and edit them. You have to create the product again from 0. Preferences for One time purchase is not available

Reasons for Choosing Subbly

easier to manage subscription products

Reasons for Switching to Subbly

Too many limitation for subscription productS

Telia from Sorter's Corner

Subbly CAN DO IT ALL

I am so excited to have the ability to offer digital products with my subscription boxes. Also, they created a community of subscription box companies in a Facebook group to provide a space for people to find support or bounce ideas off each other.

Pros

So easy to use!! Since I was just starting out they helped me think of things I hadn't thought of yet. Also, the customer service is EXCEPTIONALLY amazing (and super patient) honestly I was messaging them everyday setting up even before I starring paying for my plan.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I would need outside of what Subbly offers.

Reasons for Choosing Subbly

The customer service and the fees are reasonable. I mean I know that everyone need to have their own piece of the pie, but Sublly isn't like the other companies. They understand that you are a new business and every little penny counts, I think this is because they are a "bootstrap company" and remember how it is when you are starting out. It just seems really personal and honest when they talk to you.

Reasons for Switching to Subbly

Cratejoy was just a market place, everything I needed was an add on. Also, setting things up was complicated and confusing to me and they never would email me back for days. I am a mom of two toddlers and I only get to work on things after that are asleep so I usually end up sending 5 or 6 messages to the support team while I am trying to work on things. Even though I am in a different time zone they always message me back within a few hours AND they answer all of the questions, not just the last one.

Krystal from Kay’s Magic LLC

Best Subscription Platform

I don’t have any plans to leave Subbly. I’m very impressed with the company overall and do look forward to anytime they release new features and upgrade the platform! For anyone else that is new to the subscription box business, this company truly is the go to!

Pros

Subbly is a great subscription platform for start-up subscription companies. The software is easy to use for the beginner and the website builder was super easy to set up. I had my new website and product up and ready to sell within a few hours.

Cons

There are some features that could be added but I promise you, if you talk to Subbly‘s team, they will hear you out. They’ve been able to help me with every request so far and they’re willing to listen to suggestions for new features or bug fixes. There are very few cons and trust me, the benefits do outweigh them.

Reasons for Switching to Subbly

I made Subbly my main subscription platform because they are not a 3rd party marketplace. Cratejoy is a 3rd party marketplace and is more expensive to use.

Whitney from Kitschy Kawaii

Subbly - from a content creator and artist's perspective

My overall experience has been smooth and the transition from my previous platform, seamless. I was able to set up the subscription tiers and integrate the code into a landing page on my website within a single day. I've yet to encounter any hiccups but I'm fully confident that if I do, their customer service team will be quick to reply. So far all my questions have been answered by their robust help pages. Instead of a paltry FAQ page, they have an entire bible on how to use their site. Since moving to Subbly I've seen my subscribers nearly double. I've had nothing but compliments from my supporters on how easy and professional the checkout/subscription process has been for them.

Pros

By far my favorite feature is the integrated survey option. Rather than having to create a send a separate questionnaire to my subscribers, I can create a unique survey for each subscription tier. This has allowed me to tailor my product to individual customers and provide a much more personal experience while also up-selling additional items.

Cons

The one feature I would like to see implemented differently is the current inventory tracking options. I am not currently selling individual items, only subscriptions, but I would like the ability to limit the number of subscriptions available for a given tier. Currently the only way to do this is to add the "inventory tracking and management" add-on to your Subbly subscription. At $39/mo this is an expensive feature for someone like myself who isn't really looking to track inventory, just limit subscriber numbers. At the moment I find it too large of an expense for me to justify adding it to my account.

Reasons for Choosing Subbly

All of these alternatives were light on features. Many of them weren't set up for physical products and do not allow you to limit the number of subscribers. Some were significantly more expensive all while offering fewer customization options.

Reasons for Switching to Subbly

Patreon has some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. They do not respond to emails or tweets. Time and time again I've seen the company continue to invest in new features while the older, foundation features are left to rot without upgrades or bug fixes. Other artists who have far more supporters than myself were having additional problems such as dropped subscriptions due to bugs. I thought it better to move platforms before my following became so large that such a migration would be a real headache!

Louisa from Holiday Haul Box

Subscription Service Solutions!

Excellent! The product is fantastic and the customer service is phenomenal! I cannot say enough about the customer service and availability of someone to talk to when a question arises. I don't have to wait hours or days for an answer, they get right back to you. It reduces a lot of stress when they are always available to help. I am looking forward to launching my business with help from Subbly!

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. There are lots of customizations that can be made and if there isn't a solution - Subbly will make one! They are all about solutions!

Cons

I haven't had any negatives at this point, they have been very responsive to any needs we have and are always willing to find a solution to my issues.

Reasons for Choosing Subbly

The customer service , the features and the ease of use.

Valerie from Blue Ridge in a Box

Customer service outstanding!

The customer service has been outstanding! Any time I have a question or need assistance they’re easy to contact and thoroughly helpful

Pros

It is easy to use with very professional results!

Cons

I haven’t discovered anything yet that I’m truly dissatisfied with

Reasons for Choosing Subbly

I did my research. The articles and reviews surrounding their service led me to purchase and I have been very happy with it!

Jenny from The Teabreak Project

Brilliant for subscription boxes and additional shop items

Pros

I love that it has lots of options for customising a subscription experience, and also allows individual sales.

Cons

It would be great if there was an app too - I do a lot of my business on my phone throughout the day and that would just make it perfect!

Reasons for Switching to Subbly

Subbly had a lot more options to customise the subscription sales, both as a seller and a customer

Dean from Pixii

Great for flexible and dynamic subscriptions

It's a great but still growing platform for subscription businesses. I think it's the best option at a reasonable price range for a subscription business all-in-one platform and website builder, and they are building out some of what I would consider are the missing features so it's only going to get better. Plus, their customer support is worth a special mention - they go above and beyond with personalised support whenever anything is amiss. I recommend Subbly for subscription business startups.

Pros

I reviewed a few platforms via free trials before deciding on Subbly for my e-commerce subscription store. It was the clear winner for versatility and support for variable subscription options. Other platforms can be twisted to work, with plugins and addons (at additional cost) but if a line of subscription products is your core, then Subbly's your best bet. This is what it's designed for out of the box, and it handles it well.

Cons

Because Subbly is still (as at Sep 2020) a relatively niche platform, if you want to integrate with other services you have limited choices. They are building out their app integrations, but the library of services that work with Subbly is still small. However, some custom coding and some automation intermediaries like Zapier can bridge a lot of these gaps. The website builder is comprehensive and easy to use. There are a few features missing, but that's true of Wix, Squarespace and others I've used. Subbly's builder is actually easier to use than some of these others, and allows custom code to fill the gap where there's no built in feature. However, as flexible and great as this part is, the rigidity of the checkout is a drawback - I believe it's on the roadmap to open up more options and customisations with checkout and I think that will make Subbly an end-to-end unbeatable option for subscription commerce businesses.

Rebekah from Remie Margot Ltd

Oustanding Product & Service

It has been great, they know what they are doing. If you have a subscription box use Subbly, they know all about them...this is a massive help. My website provider did have a subscription payment option but not for quarterly, whereas Subbly knows it's as popular and as key as monthly.

Pros

I love how easily the checkout option was to set up with Wix...I think together with the step by step instructions I only had to add support a couple of things...which they came straight back to me...really helpful. I probably would have done everything on Subbly if I hadn't already spent ages setting up wix and I had committed to a large annual cost with a couple of upgrades.

Cons

I don't think there are any negative things to say about the software. I would have liked an option of my customer selecting one of 6 free greeting cards (these are also for sale individually) if they spent over a certain amount or buying a one-off box for as a gift, it's not an issue I just have an excuse to contact the customer and ask them. The Subbly team is constantly adding, improving, and updating the software.

Reasons for Choosing Subbly

Everything really, Subbly are on it and want it to be the best, they seem to work on it all the time, every week I have seen a new update, I love it.

Reasons for Switching to Subbly

I had researched, the others my website provider, others, cratejoy etc and Subbly Checkout option was the nest for my box as I needed the quarterly option, also, if you read through all of the information Subbly provides to you

Shawna from Stork Post

Waaaay better than shopify, despite missing a few features

I was struggling with costing with Shopify. Everything was an extra cost and it all added up to be way too much.

Pros

the support team is AMAZING. I used/still use them frequently, but not because it's hard software to use, it's in fact so easy that i find myself trying more complicated things than before (i'm not a techie). Also, the price includes just about everything (analaytics, subscription billing etc) in the price.

Cons

Integrations and features. I wish there was a bulk inventory import for my products. There are also a few pay-for apps that i wish were a bit cheaper but that's just as I am starting out.

Reasons for Choosing Subbly

i actually did a trial on both sites before ever hearing about subbly, and canned them because they weren't what i needed. I kept coming back to shopify and paying a fortune for it. when i finally heard about subbly I was reluctant to switch after trying out the others but they made it incredibly easy.

Reasons for Switching to Subbly

Cost and customer service. Ask anyone who uses subbly and their first response will be about the amazing customer service.

Christy from Title (Optional)

Subbly's website builder and subscription format make it easy to get up an running...

I have reached out multiple times via chat and their team is incredibly responsive and helpful - usually within the hour. Great customer service!

Pros

The website builder is very intuitive. Drag and drop mostly with no coding required at all (unless you want to ). They have a variety of templates that allow even the most tech-phobic entrepreneurs to simply drop in their unique text and photos. Very efficient. The subscription tool that incorporates the typeform survey is genius. It allows sellers to customize products in the subscription without having to go out of their site or follow up with an email. The tracking tools are very user-friendly as well. The ability for users to purchase one-time products and not just a subscription is a great feature.

Cons

The basics of the website builder and functionality are a great start but there are some customizations on the product side, like a survey integration on the one time product that I'd like to see.

Tina from Trouvailles

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Amazing platform + customer service!

I normally use Wordpress for websites but since I was strapped for time I opted to use Subbly and was so pleased with the whole experience. Highly recommend.

Pros

Where do I begin? I absolutely LOVE Subbly. I started with the free trial because I wasn't quite sure if it would be right for my needs but it's fantastic. I run a subscription box company and it has pretty much all the features I need in a nice clean easy to use layout on the back end. The website builder was pretty easy to use but more importantly, it was so quick to set up! And I love that they're constantly rolling out new features like inventory management that make this platform even better. So, I think it's safe to say that I became a customer because of the platform but then I became a fan because of their excellent customer service! Their team is super friendly, knowledgeable, and patient. They get back to you so quickly and you always get to talk to a real person who helps you directly. I'm super impressed. It's an inspiration for how customer service should be!

Cons

Seriously I can't think of much negative to say about Subbly. Any tiny minor tech issues I had were quickly and smoothly addressed by their support team, so they turned out to be non-issues.

Reasons for Choosing Subbly

Looked more convenient with better features integrated in one solution

Mikelle from Crazy Cat Crates

Great platform to manage subscription business

Overall, it's been great. Customer service has been top notch. They always answer my questions within 24 hours and follow up with any follow up questions.

Pros

Subbly has many great features. For example, the website design was one of the easiest that I've used. I'm a complete newbie with zero coding experience. I tried three different platforms to build my website and Subbly was by far the easiest and the best in terms of how everything worked. Also, the management of the subscriptions, customers, products, and other features are flexible enough for me to make the best decisions for my business.

Cons

Since Subbly is still a tad newer, it doesn't integrate with other apps as much as some of the bigger ones that have been around longer, such as Shopify. However, there are often a lot of work arounds that help. In addition, the lack of inventory management and not having a "sold-out" function is a bummer.

Marina from booklub box

Best Tool For Subscription Boxes Out There

I have all of the data I need in my dashboard. The website builder was very simple to use. Best customer service I've ever experienced. They make you feel like part of the team.

Pros

The website builder made everything so simple to design. You have analytics, revenue reports, a customer database, and more, all in one place! But the best thing about Subbly is its incomparable customer service. Even late at night they respond to my questions. I highly recommend them!

Cons

It would be great if they had a marketplace to help users gain more subscribers, but that isn't a fault of the software. It's just a desired feature they can maybe look into in the future.

Lesa from Kodas Krafts

1st impressions of Subbly

Customers are your business. Make them your priority no matter big or small.

Pros

I am in the start up of a ecommerce business, I started out four months ago, with one platform after another. After MANY hours, I had to abort every single one. after much wasted time!!! Discouraged -while reading a blog and trying to figure out my fix, {sorry, don't remember which blog) and they'd mentioned SUBBLY. so, I looked them up. Read their bio and knew, this is where I belonged. I am only beginning, but they have helped me more in 2 weeks than any of the other 4 companies did in 4 months.....and those were Shopify, WooCommerce, WhoIs Domain Register, and BigCommerce. Although, WhoIs isn't a ecom platform. They advertise nothing of truth. I spent a lot of money with them and nothing but a pile. of wasted time. Subbly's customer service is A++++ I am one who Hates to talk on the phone, BUT without question..... I know as soon as reps gets in the office, one of them will reply to me directly via chat. IT IS NOT A BOT asking you questions with no answers. Subbly cares about their customers ans they have no shame in showing that to you. I am looking forward to growing my business with Subbly and paying it forward.

Cons

I have not found anything unlikeable while working with Subbly. They are the choice I wish Id knew about first.

Binyamin from Self employed

Industry: Mental Health Care

My New Favorite

I am super impressed with the ease of integration as well as the costumer service. With eager anticipation, I will be closely following the progress Subbly makes as a business.

Pros

For a bunch of reasons Subbly is my new favorite. First of all, their CEO and other support staff are extremely available to answer all questions and resolve any problems. More than resolving problems, they want their company to be the best in its field. If you're in need of a service that they currently don't provide, but you think they should, they'll build it. As a therapist who provides online therapy, I want as close as possible to a one stop shop. They are working on becoming that. More than just providing an attractive, efficient, and highly costumizable subscription-based check-out (for which they've partnered with Stripe), they are working creating an online-membership specific interface. They also provide web hosting and a simple DIY web building platform. If I need scheduling I'm sure they'd work with me to integrate it. I get the impression from support team that if you have a need that they don't yet meet, they'll work with you on building and integrating your case-specific requirements.

Cons

Subbly is new and as such is still a work in progress. Its not yet the one-stop-shop solution it has the potential to be, but in my opinion it is well on its way.

Matthew from Monthly Miniature

Great Service

I use Subbly for my website hosting and checkout. It made it very simple to get started and go. Very little hassle or struggling.

Pros

Amazing customer service. Product is generally very user friendly. When it isn't you can expect help asap after submitting a request. Truly wonderful. Platform also has a ton of features.

Cons

Features you want are all locked behind paywalls separately. No special, buy them all discount or anything. Hard on the budget of a fledgling subscription business.

Coreena from Callisto Crate

Love Subbly

Excellent. I have really enjoyed them and their attitude. They are friendly and helpful and the product is superb.

Pros

The best thing is absolutely the customer service -- fast and helpful. They are also always making Subbly better and adding features, along with conducting webinars so that we can understand it better and get the best value.

Denise from Discover California

Great Product and Customer Service

I have built a completely new website by customizing one of their templates, in a short period of time. I have found their customer service top notch, as they've been close by to answer my endless questions.

Pros

The software just makes a lot of sense to maneuver while building. It's easy to learn for the most part. Templates are easy to customize.

Cons

The Con is really a Pro, but I found that there are so many options for customization, it's easy to be overwhelmed as you keep unearthing a new feature.

Janet from Writerly Kits

Outrageously exceptional customer service

Excellent.

Pros

After extensive research, I chose Subbly for my new subscription box service. The entire process with Subbly is simple. But what stands out above and beyond is the fast, efficient, and friendly customer service. Also funny. These people are human and are a pleasure to interact with. They are quick to respond to any requests, including requests for changes that are not standard on the site. As well, the shopping cart is the cleanest and most efficent I've ever seen. Subbly also keeps a forum right on site for entrepreneurs to request new features, and follows through with the features where they are a good fit. Honestly, I can't say enough about how happy I am with Subbly.

Cons

No cons. Honestly. Anything that could improve technically, Subbly leaps on it.

Ned from The Alexander Fruit Company

Industry: Food Production

Not a techy!

I'd absolutely recommend Subbly to a colleague.

Pros

Dear [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], It's me, Ned. I gotta be straight with you guys. I've been dealing with some anxiety over this transition and I realized yesterday that I've really given into my fear of losing "control" of my business. Moving from a system that I've created and fully understand to a system I was afraid of. But you two have championed me through the process as tough as it was and I really appreciate your help. I can honestly say after spending a few days on your platform I've come to appreciate it's common sense flow and ease of creating a system. I'm excited for all the potential we have now with a great process finally set up. I'm sure I'll have 100 more questions. I'm too old for this stuff sob But I want you to know that I appreciate you guys and the amount of time you put into serving your customers. Thank you! Ned

Cons

For me it was just overcoming my own lack of experience with software like this. After a week or so I got the hang of it and love this service.

Drew from iGC Box

Subbly is a great full-service platform to get your subscription box business off the ground.

Pros

The best features of Subbly are the backend tools, the customer service, and premade site templates that are optimized for conversion. Before Subbly, I was manually shipping each box by typing addresses and printing individual labels, Subbly helped connect with Shipstation which cuts my ship time tenfold.. I'm confident we will be able to handle that on our own. Subbly also easily facilitates billing which is nice. Other backend features that I like are the referral program and hopefully soon to come affiliate program. As far as customer service, Subbly connected me with a dedicated account manager that has been extremely responsive and seems to always have a solution for each issue that has risen for me. As far as web templates, my conversion has gone up significantly since switching from Wix to Subbly.

Cons

I wish there were a bit more flexibility with the site design, there isn't the ability to add sections or move things around- you're somewhat bound to the template they give you. Good news is the templates work. Also, some of the tools can be buggy, but they usually fix bugs quickly.

Liam from ScoobyBox

The whole Subbly team have been key to us launching and growing our subscription box business

Pros

We have used the software for over two years and it keeps getting better. In the last few months we have got a brand new checkout, more custom billing options and a new referral program. It has everything you need to run a successful subscription box business. My favourite part is the fact it is so easy to use.

Cons

I am happy with Subbly. It has all the features we need to run our business. If you are thinking of launching a subscription box business use subbly.

Sarah from Homeschool Art Box

Great Service, Great Product!

I was new to ecommerce and building websites prior to launching my business over the past year. I had a launchpage with another company to start with and then switched to subbly when I was ready to officially launch the business. I chose Subbly based on reviews I read, and I'm so glad I did. Subbly guides you intuitively through many of the steps of setting things up and has so many capabilities - there is so much to think about, I'm so glad that Subbly guides you through the process. I think the platform is pretty straightforward for a non-techy person, and I have really appreciated their excellent customer service when I do have questions. And, I'm so glad they respond quickly and are helpful, respectful, and encouraging to me, the customer.

Pros

I love that the subbly is easy to use and navigate. Great customer service!! I really can't overemphasize how great their customer service is. Every time I have had a question, they reply personally with help (usually within a few hours) and follow up to make sure everything is going well. Also, I love how their responses are always positive and encouraging.

Cons

Hmmm. . . can't really think of anything

Teri from Spark Crates

Customer Service is Amazing!

Pros

Subbly offers a great platform that is custom-built for subscription boxes. They are continually adding new features and improvements based on user feedback. Best of all though (and why I chose them over other platforms) is their amazing customer service. Their responses are quick, personal, and helpful EVERY SINGLE TIME. You can tell they really care about serving their customers and are invested in our success.

Cons

Their new website builder requires has a little bit of a learning curve, but once you use their helpful videos, it's pretty simple to use (and if you ever have a question, they are quick to respond). I'd love to see them add functionality for web-delivered products (in addition to physical sub boxes).

Gino from Win Her Back Everyday

Really Helped!

It’s been really good. Very good customer service and new killer processes. What this means is that I can offer my subscription box customers a smooth and fast services which is key. I can’t use a service that makes my customers life more difficult

Pros

The new checkout upgrade has been phenomenal for my customers. Ease of use and a slick interface means my customers have a no hassle experience. I can’t twll you how valauable this is for me to grow my business

Cons

Some functionality vs some of the competitors is less available. Not a big deal as it’s not super core to the business. Bells and whistles mostly. The new checkout process is killer though so that’s what swayed my decision to go with these guys

Louis-Pierre from littlegenius factory

Great platform

Pros

Customer support is great. They are always ready to answer your questions.

Cons

Lack some features for larger size business.

Bryan from FINCH

Increased our conversions.

Helped increase our customer retention and was super easy for our customers to navigate which helped reduce our customer support tickets. Their subbly support team is extremely fast and responsive, nice job guys. Subbly helped us validate and grow to a significant size.

Pros

Turn key solution and great customer checkout experience. Also loved the new inventory feature ++++

Cons

They could have a few more app intergrations , but I was told they are working on more.

Halima from Lively Wedding Box

Amazing!

AMAZING! Customer service is great. Whatever time of day it is, I get an answer super fast and they really care about their customers.

Pros

Subbly is exactly what I needed for my subscription box. I tried a few other options and it was too complicated. Subbly makes the process easy and their customer service beats out any company I've ever purchased from!

Cons

I wish the blog feature had more customization options.

Steve from The Whisky Order

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Best Subscription Box Platform

Very positive experience with the Subbly team. They are responsive to hearing suggestions and implementing ideas that all merchants will benefit from.

Pros

The advanced integrations and billing options make setting up a fully customised subscription business very straight forward. The advanced options make it easy to rapidly test promotions to a wide range of audiences and really hone in on your perfect product/market fit

Cons

That I didn't start using it during our initial launch.

Response from Subbly

Replied April 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words, extremely glad to hear you are enjoying our service!

Gloria from Get The Bag, LLC

Industry: Online Media

Perfect for Subscription Box Newbies

Pros

Designed specifically for subscription box companies.

Cons

Difficult to setup initially, but the Subbly team was highly responsive. Been smooth sailing since.

Cassandra from SKA BOX

SKA BOX loves Subbly!

It has been really helpful to my subbox business.

Pros

Ease of use. More options for subs. Preorders available.

Cons

One-time purchases should have survey option.

Devan from The Sanitizer Club

So Far So Good!

Pros

The subscription platform works perfectly for what i need.. the drag n drop style website design is also very useful for making your website exactly how you want it.

Cons

Needs a ios app where i can easily view & fulfill orders through my phone conveniently without having to use safari. other than that everything great.

Chris from Consulting

Great for Subscription Box companies needing to get up and running fast at a great price

The tech support makes Subbly one of the best services I've ever used. Subbly must make great money from their high transaction volume subscribers... I'm a very low-transaction volume subscriber, and yet, they treat me as if I were a high transaction volume subscriber. They rock!

Pros

Ease of customization, very intuitive, and coder-friendly. The best part is their super responsive chat-based tech support. It rules! They care, and it shows!

Cons

My business offers more of a digital subscription box, not a tangible one that's snail-mailed each month. They support only the subscription box business model. To be fair, that is their chosen target, and it's me who is trying to force my business model on top of theirs. But Subbly is the closest service I can get that meets most of my needs without a massive jump up to a 100+/mo service like Kartra.com

Nici from Poppy's Hobbies

They make my job so much easier!

Subbly has made running my subscription box a dream! The software is easy to navigate, and incredibly budget friendly. I will be keeping them for a long time.

Pros

The ease in setting it up and integrating it with my website. And the their tech support... 10/10!

Cons

The only feature I would like to see improved.... I've received a notice that improvement is already in the works and will be released soon, that was the shipping schedules for annual purchases.

Love subbly!

Pros

Easy to use, new features added all the time, affordable

Cons

Limited to Stripe for receiving payments

Anick from Les Papier Left & Write Paperie

So far so good!

I love that Subbly intergrates easily with Squarespace. I was worried I had to put away all that hard work I did on my current Website with adding a sub box. But with Subbly, it was smooth sailing!

Pros

The setup was easy to use and pretty much foolproof with the step-by-step guide. I love that there is an affordable checkout-only option. Perfect for a quarterly plan. The customer service on the WEbsite and in the Facebook group is amazing.

Cons

An intergration with Mailchimp would be great. Because of my quarterly subscription, I would like to email the customers between the shipments in order to keep their interest to the next box.

Melinda from Nirvana Chocolat by Melinda Leigh

Outstanding

Outstanding software and customer service, highly recommend the software to other business owners looking at subscription services.

Pros

The software is easy to use and I had the most professional and amazing customer service in helping integrate with my Shopify store.

Cons

I know it’s on the backlog but I’d love to see an inventory feature so I can manage subscription volumes.

Amanda from Cognitive Canine Company LTD

Incredible Customer Service

Pros

After problems with other service providers, the Subbly platform provides everything we need to run our subscription box business all in one place and is great value for money. Their customer service is incredible and they always respond really quickly to any queries.

Cons

There isn't currently an option to accept Paypal, but I believe this feature will be available soon

Crystal from Retail

Customer Support is Awesome

Pros

Subbly customer support is amazing. It's very easy to set up and has a lot of great features.

Cons

There are a few limitations, but I feel they are working hard to fill all of the tiny gaps.

Bobbie from Parrs Jars

Industry: Food Production

Keep up the good work and customer service

Great

Pros

Survey provides so much flexibility Customer service is always so helpful

Cons

Checkout not friendly for local pick up (rather than shipping) Can’t duplicate a survey so I spend too much time weekly making minor changes to the previous weeks’ survey and resetting customers preferences

Ruth from Three Bears Cookery Club

Subbly Review

brilliant, the customer service team have been so helpful

Pros

The ease of the set up was great and the step by step instructions to put it on my website was very useful. The dashboard is laid out so very clear.

Cons

I'd like to have the option to have one button which I can put on my website instead of the 4 I currently have to accommodate my subscription options. The formatting and the looks as I have to space them so far apart so customers can see the box enough to order. I would also like to see a test of each option so I have more of an idea how the checkout looks and works. Option to integrate paypal instead of stripe.

Peter from The Old Hellfire Club

Beginner

Very good

Pros

The support has been excellent while I get used to the software and it appears fairly intuitive, even to a 67 year old!

Cons

It seems a very good product; not found a negative as yet!

I use both!

Roberta from Chihuahua Crate

Customer Service is Amazing

I had a bit of trouble in the beginning but Subbly representatives were excellent in answering questions and helping with anything I found tricky during set up. You'd get a response within a couple of hours, often sooner, unlike another platform I tried where I waited for days without a response and had to send a follow up request for assistance.

Pros

Once you have the hang of it, it's pretty easy to use and customize your website.

Cons

Probably that there is no marketplace, but having said that, there's also not another additional fee to list in a marketplace.

Kelly from Eat Sweat Reset

Set up for exactly what you need

much easier to organise your monthly subs, sizing and recurring payments - only been using it a month so I' sure I will familiarise myself more with the uses

Pros

Great system, completely set up for sub boxes, I'm totally new to this and wish I had intergrated it to my website sooner. Only downside was I found it difficult to embed in my wix website. I thought since I managed to built the website myself I could manage but turns out I had to get someone to do it for me. But definitely worth it and customer service is excellent.

Cons

Intergration I found difficult and wish you could transfer all existing subscribers over as I already had 40 subscribers which couldn't be migrated over

Sabrina from shop247tan

Try them! Thank me later.

Pros

Most features have ease of use as long as you read the tutorials.

Cons

The ability to separate coupon codes and for them not to work on all products.

Quenjana from Retail

Love Subbly!

Subbly's customer service is WONDERFUL

Pros

Easy to navigate, modern and clean web templates ... very easy to follow

Cons

Having to wait on upgraded features that I could use right now