Browse TaxCloud Reviews

CL from Finnsheep.net

Supper easy integration and amazing product compared to other services.

Extremely cost efficient scalable sales tax processing and reporting that eliminated all burdensome sales tax matters. Sales tax is now easy. By voluntarily signing up to remit sales taxes in SSUTA states my business is indemnified against audit risks in those states.

Pros

All sales tax functionality is simplified, and now is much more cost effective. The service has been completely re-engineered and is much improved. The new reporting and customer interface are superior to anything else on the market. I love not having to buy an expensive enterprise software solution. TaxCloud works seamlessly across multiple platforms and is designed to scale with my business needs. TaxCloud is a true very powerful cloud based system providing my business with a tremendous service that frees up valuable time and resources.

Cons

No real cons..at first customer service seems a concern. However, this is short lived once the immediate anxiety of employing a new service is overcome. I quickly realized that this is an efficient customer friendly self service platform, and after integrating the service most all customer service issues were unwarranted. Therefore, there was little need for me to actually request customer service. That said, this product is a tremendous value. I could pay more for a competing service with more immediate customer service, however there does not seem to be any advantage in doing so. Once up and running TaxCloud is seamless and needs no additional handholding, and their scalability, reporting and functionality is the best value out there.

Daniel from LifeWay Christian Resources

Industry: Publishing

Solid plugin with woocommerce

Pros

It was a bit difficult to setup, but once I got it going, it provides me with solid reporting every month.

Cons

It's a straightforward plugin as I use it with wordpress and woocommerce. Honestly, the biggest con is that the setup process wasn't easy. I also wish that I could download past invoices from the website, but currently it's only being emailed to me.

Response from FedTax

Replied April 2018

Hi Daniel - Thanks for the review! We just released our new user interface to our website. Hopefully, the set-up process is easier to navigate now.

Brent from B&H Sound Design

Shady and Unsupportive Operation - Avoid

While the actual software works fine, I absolutely cannot recommend a company that treats their customers like this. I feel like we got the bait and switch treatment and their staff was not entirely forthcoming about the pricing changes, and instead of treating my company like a valued customer they coldly shut us down for the sake of two months worth of charges with a single sentence: "We can not issue refunds for services rendered." When our business picks up again after COVID eases up, we'll be using a different service, even if it costs more. Support and customer service really matters, and TaxCloud severely lacks it. This entire experience shows me that they care more about their monthly charges than keeping satisfied customers.

Pros

Before their pricing model changed, it was a perfect solution for small companies who needed just the basics of sales tax support. It was fairly easy to integrate, and reported accurately.

Cons

I have no cons about the software itself, just the company. Their pricing model changed in January 2021 from a free model under one of their plans to a paid model. They notified clients in December that would be happening. However, I called and spoke with one of their support agents (when you actually COULD call someone) and asked if my plan would also be changing to a charged model. He told me "I don't believe your plan will be changing, but I'll ask about it and get back to you through email if it is." I never heard back. Then in March I got hit for a bill. I immediately contacted support and was told that yes, my plan was now charged a monthly fee. I immediately closed the account. Then, I got hit with another monthly charge in April because my site had 7 (SEVEN) API calls towards the end of March before the account was closed. After writing support for a refund, the exact reply from their finance department was, "We can not issue refunds for services rendered."

Response from FedTax

Replied July 2021

Hi Brent - Thanks for the review. A few comments on your post. First, we apologize if your service experience was poor. Regarding pricing, yes, we did make a change in January 2021 the basis of which were changes that no longer allowed us to offer fully free services in our member states, they are now subsidized but not free. So yes, your invoice went from $0/month to $33/month. Still seems like a pretty fair deal to get rates and have us file for you in 25 states. Regarding your termination, our billing runs one month in arrears, so if you cancel in March, activity from March will be billed to you in April. I hope you would agree that we shouldn't eat the costs for your legitimate account activity if you cancel. Best of luck with your business.

stay away from this company

Pros

nothing positive to say. they are the biggest mistake I've ever made for my small business startup.

Cons

they've had technical issues from their end, and despite admitting to it, its been over 1 year and i am still chasing after my refund. They charged over $300 within my first two months into launching my own business as a "late payment fee" eventhough there is nothing wrong with the credit card I've had on file...which suddenly they started charging $10 to this year without me signing off and agreeing to such thing. They are NOT free. I didn't pay a monthly fee last year and suddenly they claim "we sent communication about our policy changes, we now charge $10 a month". An email that most likely landed in junk email because i was complete unaware. I never approved or agreed. and i've barely made any sales due to covid to begin with! This company has been nothing but a HUGE headache, i am so full of regret for ever signing up with them. Waiting on a close to $400 refund...STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

Reasons for Switching to TaxCloud

Terrible. Just terrible. They kept slapping me fees left and right even though I've barely made any sales at all. I've been waiting for a refund for over 1 year despite constantly following up.

Response from FedTax

Replied December 2021

We can't speak to the facts behind this review as no business name or name of the reviewer was provided. I'd urge the reviewer to call our customer support and ask to speak with Mark to resolve any open issues. However, regarding the charges the person is referencing all I can say is that our pricing is transparently described at https://taxcloud.com/pricing. You will not find such transparency with our competitors. Regarding the "free" service offering mentioned, it ended on 12/21/20. There were multiple communications made to our clients prior to the change being made. The person is correct that there is now a minimum $10/month fee to keep an account open. Don't want to pay it, an account can easily be cancelled.

Andrew from BeHyp

Simply helps to keep track of sales taxes for internet transactions.

TaxCloud seems to have been improved significantly with a better UI. It is much simpler to use. It saves a lot of time and effort, and is a necessary service to those of us growing online sales in multiple states.

Pros

The free version is very useful. I think many will upgrade to the full version in time. From what I can tell, it is the best value.

Cons

None really. Can't complain at a free service and it was easier to set up that I anticipated.

Stay Away - better options available

overcharged by $1k over the course of 2 months and refuse to talk to me, answer the phone or resolve the issues. They will change your subscription and there is no way to revert. Waited on hold twice for over 15 mins The website portal does not work and often results in just a blank screen

Pros

the tax rates calculate accurately that is the only good thing

Cons

customer service is non-existent and unresponsive

Reasons for Choosing TaxCloud

taxcloud was the only system that our ecomm platform supported. Not sure why they wouldn't work with one of the mainstream providers but I was stuck with this POS system

Response from FedTax

Replied September 2019

It's challenging to respond to an anonymous review as we have no ability to investigate the claims. If the reviewer has unresolved issues I urge them to contact us. Our support team is available M - F 9AM to 6PM ET.

Jeffrey from White Horse Media

Slow/Poor Customer Support

Pros

We have liked how easy it is to calculate shipping in our WooCommerce store when their Simple Sales Tax plugin is not having compatibility issues.

Cons

Our organization has been using TaxCloud for tax calculations over the past few years in conjunction with the free Simple Sales Tax plugin for WordPress. The original developer of the plugin did a good job of keeping it up to date with the changes in WordPress and WooCommerce. Then TaxCloud acquired the plugin and now dealing with customer support for the plugin is a nightmare. As others have said, support typically takes over a week to respond to tickets, even urgent ones. There was a recent software incompatibility with Simple Sales Tax and WooCommerce that took nearly two weeks to get addressed and resolved. The first person who replied, Stephen, obviously didn't read the ticket and provided a "solution" that was unrelated to the software plugin issue. The support staff later replied saying that he would provide an update once they had an action plan to fix the plugin issues but that reply never came. Eventually, they finally fixed the plugin issues but it simply took much longer than it should have. They recently changed their prices for the monthly package (we pay the fee because we don't allow them to file our tax returns for us). With the price increase evidently came no improvement in customer service. We're strongly considering switching to another tax services provider that has a better track record of actually helping customers, especially paying ones. This review is not unfair and is an accurate representation of our experience with the company.

Response from FedTax

Replied June 2018

What Jeffrey indicates is accurate but has to be put into context. There was an issue with the SST plug-in caused by an poorly communicated update to the Woo platform which created the issue with the SST plug-in. In addition, we released our new UI and did a price change at the same time. This caused record ticket & call volume from our 1000's of clients which as a small company we needed to prioritize. Not using this an excuse but rather just sharing the reality of what happened. Our call volumes have returned to normal so response times are normalizing. I'd also point out that as the FREE and low cost provider in the marketplace we don't have the resources to pick-up every call or respond to email tickets as they come in. We apologize to Jeffrey for his experience and hope he will remain a TaxCloud customer.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

I have repeatedly been trying to get TaxCloud to call me and to remote in to fix the bug in the software. We keep setting up phone calls but TaxCloud never calls in! They are NOT leaving me a phone number to call them.

Pros

I like that TaxCloud handles my website's needs for different tax rates for NC customers.

Cons

There is a bug where MORE tax is being collected than it should!!!!

Response from FedTax

Replied June 2019

Please send me an email priley@taxcloud.com and I will have someone reach out to you. It's unlikely we are collecting too much tax as we regularly get audited by state governments but we will certainly look into it for you. UPDATE 6/5/2019 - Upon investigation, this merchant is sending us shipping charges (even though there is no shipping being charged to their clients) that is creating a sales tax event on the shipping. This is not a bug, nor is more tax being collected than should be - TaxCloud is responding to the data we are sent with the proper sales tax treatment on shipping in NC. If there is no shipping, stop sending us shipping charges. This is a poor implementation in this merchant's cart /store that is erroneously being blamed on TaxCloud. The "No Customer Service" tag is silly as we have the record of interactions our support team has had with this merchant.

Brian from BGS ENGINES INC

Cant integrate with Ebay , or cant find out how to.

Overall, it would be a great solution, except the time-consuming registrations and expense required to get tax number for each state (those that are not in the Free list) , plus lack of eBay integration, We're seriously considering simply exiting the e-commerce business entirely. (Thank you SO much SCOTUS for that stupid ruling!)

Pros

Seems simple to set up, I did find how to integrate with Amazon, Bonanza, and I was all excited to start using it... But then could not find any way to integrate with eBay platform despite finding the ebay connection logo... So it stopped right there - we never went live.

Cons

Can't find any way to integrate with Ebay which is our largest (by far) sales platform. Would have been a perfect solution for us, but for that little problem. Also, it appears we'd have to sign up for sales tax license for each state we need to collect for (those that aren't in their automagic 24 states list) which would be tedious, time-consuming and was why we were looking at options (We looked at TaxJar, but $100-ish per state would cost more than it's worth for many states where we may end up with an economic nexus this year - in some cases we'd only be collecting and remitting a few dollars a month)

Response from FedTax

Replied February 2019

Hi Brian - Thanks for the review. You are correct, we currently don't have a plug-in for eBay. However, you can still upload eBay transactions into TaxCloud via a .csv file in a spreadsheet. Reach to me at priley@taxcloud.com and I'll forward you the transaction upload template. I'll go into the system and try to find your email as well.

It had everything to be a great tool, but not!

It had everything to be a great tool for taxCloud compliance however customer service is almost non-existent and with the amount of bugs that it has it would help to get a hold of someone faster. It takes weeks to get someone on the phone. Taxes were filed late, late fees letters arrived, etc. Maybe they should have waited to launch this after this was at least at a good use level and just a few bugs. I feel like I'm paying to test their system.

Pros

Easy to integrate. Streamline states is a big advantage.

Cons

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and MANY BUGS to fix.

Response from FedTax

Replied November 2018

We'd be happy to engage on the issues made here but the name and company name of the reviewer is withheld at their request. Without such basic information, we have no way to investigate this review to take corrective measures or reply in any fact based fashion - or even confirm that the person represents a TaxCloud client. If the reviewer sees this, please feel free to reach to me at priley@taxcloud.com to connect on your concerns. Thank you.

Larry from MCR

Horrible Support

Pros

Easy to setup and use. Address lookup works most of the time.

Cons

We are being charged for duplicate transactions and cannot find a reason. The downloaded transaction history shows all transactions occurred at 4:00 AM so that was no help at all. A support ticket was created 4 months ago and still no answer. As a test, I created a test website, made one test transaction and immediately took the site down. There were no duplicate transactions from the test website that day however; the next day there was.

Response from FedTax

Replied December 2018

Our redundant API call policy is clearly outlined here: https://taxcloud.com/topics/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions/#Troubleshooting:tta360013700311 Redundant API calls are a problem as they hinder the performance of our platform unnecessarily and add to our technology infrastructure costs. We charge for redundant calls to change behavior, not make money. A decent developer should be able to look at your implementation and quickly fix the issue. Your charges for redundant API calls are in the single digit $'s per month. The reason you are not hearing back from support is that we can't fix this problem, but you can...and it is taking time away from more serious client issues.

Brynn from Specialty Incentives

Calcuates tax great - pray you dont need tech support

I love the ease of which it works when it works. But when you do need help it is virtually impossible to receive it timely.

Pros

The ease of setting up an account and nexus.

Cons

The customer service is horrible. They have been saying since last summer that they are aware of the issue and are working to make it better but we still see that same lack of support. We have tried calling and contacting online but receive no response. The receptionist will not put you in touch with an actual human or escalate the message.

Response from FedTax

Replied March 2019

I connected with the reviewer on this feedback. It appears there was some communication issues between our receptionist and support team that delayed our initial response back to the reviewer. For this we apologize. After two requests, I have not been informed of the issue that has been out there since last summer. We have no record in our service ticketing system that an incident was opened last summer for this client.

Mario from Tri Monte Group, INC.

Sales department was enthusiastic. Software integrated well. Problems caused mayhem with no fix.

The software took a time burden from my shoulders.

Pros

Mostly the software runs seamlessly once it is set up correctly. Helps avoid expensive business costs.

Cons

When there are issues with accounts that need attention the customer support is not there. Trying to get things back on track is not being addressed for their end. While TaxCloud claims to be easy it becomes difficult and frustrating to make corrections. I will consider a different Tax integration system.

Response from FedTax

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review. Glad to see the positive ratings on overall quality, ease of use and Features/functionality. We apologize that our customer support has let you down. We do our best with limited resources trying to maintain our FREE service offer for small businesses. We do our best to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours and have plans to invest in additional support resources in the near future.

Peggy from Vermont Woods Studios

Deceptive advertising | Not an option for small business

I cannot trust the company bc of it's deceptive advertising. The hidden fees are orders of magnitude higher than those they advertise and certainly a showstopper for any small business like mine. Using TaxCloud would surely put us out of business in a hurry.

Pros

Loved the advertising message: "helps online merchants easily manage all aspects of state and local sales tax, from calculation to collection to filing. Let us do the taxes so you can run your business." Unfortunately it's very deceptive for small businesses.

Cons

We wasted an enormous amount of time trying to implement this software at my small business. It's not until you get well into the implementation process that you discover hidden details like 1) you have to collect tax for all SSTP (Streamlined Sales Tax Project) even if you don't come anywhere near their thresholds and 2) you'll be charged up to 8% of your revenue for the service in addition to the fees advertised. These details are hidden on a non-secure website at http://dagobah.taxcloud.net

Response from FedTax

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review Peggy. The 1000's of merchants that rely on us for their sales tax compliance disagree with you. Our FREE service is based on our partnership with the SSTP member states - are you looking for an apology for us offering a FREE service? Please talk to our competitors and you can pay all you want. We have no idea what you are talking about on the 8% of revenue claim. Our pricing is transparently presented on our website and within our terms of service (which you obviously didn't read when you accepted it). You created your account on December 28th and wrote this review 10 days later - you never went live, you never were invoiced, you never used the service! Your claim of deceptive advertising is false - really the result of your lack of diligence when registering for our service. We don't mind being critiqued, but object to the false claims you make in this review.

michelle from BNI

Tax Cloud Helps you keep track of internet taxes

Helps me to keep track of my internet sales tax w/out all the hassle of figuring it out on my own.

Pros

Do you have a business that you need to collect internet taxes on? Well then I would highly suggest you use Tax Cloud to make sure you are collecting the right amount. Each state is different, and with Tax Cloud, you can be sure you are collecting the right amount. It gives you monthly reports with the breakdowns of everything. It even has automated compliance for 24 states! I have been using this for the past 6 months, and not sure what I did without it. Great software to help you keep track of your internet taxes.

Debbie from Triangle Education Assessments

NO ONE WILL RETURN CALLS or emails in over a week!!!

Lately - horrible, horrible, horrible.

Pros

Onboarding Tax Cloud was not difficult and it worked. Then we updated some software pieces and were told erroneously (not by TaxCloud) that TaxCloud wouldn't work with those pieces. I rushed to call and email TaxCloud to NOT cut off our service but it was cut off anyway. Now I cannot get anyone to restart the service.

Cons

Only ONE person can restart our TaxCloud, I am told....and that person's mailbox is full and they won't return calls and messages from their receptionist. Their receptionists repeatedly tell me there is no one else in their organization that can take my call or give help with restarting my TaxCloud. Emails are not returned. I have asked to escalate, talk with a manager or ANYONE and have expressed I am going out of the country for 2 weeks - and get NO HELP from anyone.

Response from FedTax

Replied September 2018

Hi Debbie - Sorry for your experience. Our receptionist did not communicate appropriately back to our client support team. We have made sure this will not happen in the future. I believed that you spoke to our Customer Success Manager Mark recently and he is addressing your issue. If you are still having problems, please reach to me directly at priley@taxcloud.com. Again, sorry for the delayed response.

S Nixon from Casa del Nino Montessori

Inexpensive and works well. Straightforward implementation. Looking forward to new marketplace apps

Pros

It's potentially free, and easy to implement with many e-commerce platforms and marketplaces. They're about to launch a new UI, along with new marketplace mobile apps, using Polymer Web Components. That should allow me to have all my sales channels centralized in one place, which will be great.

Cons

I have to file in all 24 streamlined states in I want to use TaxCloud for free, though I admit that that point might become irrelevant in 2018 with all the regulatory changes.

Jan from Propane Resources

Buyer beware

Support is non-existent. Used to have a chat feature, but it is gone. There is no phone number to call, so you can only submit a "support" ticket. However, you never get a response to the ticket. The website recently changed and I have uploaded transactions within the deadline. However, my transactions are not showing up and I cannot get any help from Tax Cloud, so I am unsure if the taxes will be paid on time. Customer service definitely needs lots of improvement.

Pros

The software itself is relatively good. We upload our transactions on a monthly basis rather than using the live feed. It has been working great until recently.

Cons

Difficult to determine if uploads have been received at Tax Cloud.

Response from FedTax

Replied February 2021

Hi Jan - Sorry for your experience. Our support phone line is 877-TAXCLOUD and chat is indeed back. It was done for a bit when we introduced the new website. I'll make sure someone reaches out to you.

Carol from Riverside

Very decent service

Pros

Very good value, nice customer rep's service

Cons

They charge you for some problem that sometimes happens with your shopping cart if it sends too many signals - called duplicates.

Response from FedTax

Replied May 2019

Hi Carol - Thanks for the review. We do charge for Duplicate API calls. These are redundant sales tax lookups on the same items in the shopping cart. These unnecessarily use platform resources and can easily be corrected by your software developer. We charge for them to change behavior (fix your implementation), not to make money.

Rita from Cakest Inc

Terrible customer service

Pros

I've been using this software for over a year and It works most of the time, however didn't calculate the tax properly.

Cons

I talked to customer service at least five times and promised to call me back, but never actually called me back.

Response from FedTax

Replied July 2018

We appreciate the feedback Rita and apologize for the service response issues you've encountered. We have been dealing with much higher service ticket volume in recent months due to several factors including our UI upgrade, pricing change and mostly the Wayfair SCOTUS decision. We have increased the size of our support team recently and will be adding more people and improved processes shortly. We appreciate your business and are focused on doing better.

David from gb services llc

Very poor customer service - takes days to respond to technical issues

It took care of our sales tax computations and saved time and at one time worked well.

Pros

Easy to install. The top line reporting is clear and concise for completing quarterly sales tax returns.

Cons

Recently increased pricing model so our few $/per month increased to more $ per month. For this you get a slower dashboard and unresponsive customer service. It used to be so much better.

Response from FedTax

Replied July 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review our service and we apologize for the service issues you encountered. Regarding the customer service issues, we are taking action by hiring additional staff which will help us be more responsive than we have been recently. Based on the limited nexus footprint of your business and the recent Wayfair ruling by the SCOTUS, you should move to our Automated Compliance service - which would be FREE to you.

Katrina from The Writers of the Apocalypse

Ripped Off

Horrible. I'm not the only one saying it I find out too late. Wish I'd looked first.

Pros

I liked it *at first* before they changed their pricing tiers. They had a free option and a paid option. I tried the paid option and it worked wonderfully at first.

Cons

After the payment plans changed - maybe they also changed hands - everything went downhill. The tax system stopped collection. I was getting charged $30 a month for their "free" service but having to do all of the work myself anyway. Have been trying to successfully stop their charges and get it through their heads I've closed my account for more than 2 months now with no success. And NOW they're charging me a "rejection fee" because I've had to stop their activity directly at my bank. They do not answer emails, they will not acknowledge the account is closed. If I had a lawyer, I would already have called them over this just to make a point.

Response from FedTax

Replied July 2021

Hi Katrina - Thanks for your review. We did change our pricing in January and no longer have a free service in our member states. This change was necessitated by a contractual change that no longer allowed us to offer a fully free service. So your invoices went from $0/month to $30/month (our miniumum charge). If you were billed after cancelling your account, it's because we were still getting API calls from your store. 375 in FEB, 144 in MAY, 25 in APR and 4 in MAY. So the charges were for using our platform even though you may not have been aware your store was still sending us transactions.

Matthew from Tierra

Industry: Utilities

Great Product at a Great Price

Highly recommend.

Pros

Compared to most every other tax software out there, TaxCloud is by far the best value. It's full featured and low cost (or free if you're a small business with limited sites and sales).

Cons

Even though the interface is easy to use, like anything new it took a bit to get comfortable using it. But after that it's second nature and does just what it needs to do.

Rachel from Web Design & Marketing

Terrible Customer Service

None

Pros

It has a free and paid option. This seemed great since similar services charged a much higher monthly or yearly fee.

Cons

Zero customer support and their website doesn't work. Called several times and submitted a ticket, which we followed up with several times and it still took 10 business days to receive a response. Unacceptable when you need to get your online store up and running and it will only calculate a few of the states.

Response from FedTax

Replied June 2018

As we have stated in prior reviews on customer service, we are the FREE option and as sxuch don't have unlimited resources. We had a UI update and a price change simultaneously which caused our response times to trouble tickets to outpace our ability to respond as quickly as we'd like over the past 6 weeks. For this we apologize, and we're working to improve here. The comment that we only calculate sales tax in a few states is patently false. We calculate in all 50 states at every address in the US. As a Streamlined Certified Service Provider we are audited regularly and if this claim were the case we'd be de-certified. Lastly, I'd add that this company name is not listed as having an account with TaxCloud...so take it for what it's worth.

Ryan from Wellness resources

Horrible service - Hidden Fees

It should make dealing with taxes easy, but the setup and end user experience is horrible. Not sure how you can have a company function with this type of customer service. Weeks go by with no responses to calls or emails.

Pros

It should make sales taxes simple. It doesn't....

Cons

The service to get things started is horrible. They charge for things not spelled out at beginning and won't resolve questions through email or by calling in.

Response from FedTax

Replied September 2019

Ryan - Our apologies for your poor customer service experience. We do our best to be responsive to our over 4000 clients, but come up short from time to time. We are working tirelessly to improve. Regarding your assertion that there are hidden fees, we respectfully disagree. In reviewing your invoices, the fee you seem to be referring to is for Redundant API calls. These happen when we receive additional Lookup calls on a cart that hasn't changed or is identical to the cart on the initial Lookup call. Redundant API calls are the result of a flawed implementation by merchants and add cost to our business through additional computer infrastructure. Redundant API call costs are expressly discussed in our Terms of Service and transactions that have Redundant calls are specifically highlighted within the TaxCloud portal. You should talk to your developer to see why redundant calls are being generated and have them fix the implementation.

Steve from Kagan Publishing

I would give them minus stars on customer service. Their email doesn't work and no one return calls

Pros

They provide free service & filings for member states if you register with the SST as a model 1 filer. You also limit your choices if you choose to back away from them.

Cons

1. Can't communicate with them. Changed pricing structure, yet they over charged and there is no one to communicate to and email bounces back. 2. They don't provide any assistance on setting up Tax Categories. The definitions are theirs, yet they provide no support. Avoid using them unless you have a strong IT team and will take risks

Response from FedTax

Replied May 2018

We apologize for the difficulty in getting to our service desk recently. The release of our new UI and a new pricing change has created a large volume of calls. As we are the service provider that can offer a FREE service, we don't have a large number of resources available to deal with surging call volumes. Rest assured, we will respond and deal with any issues you are experiencing.

Jennifer from Jennifer McVey, Cht

Such A Disappointment

Awful. I don't like to write negative reviews. I always thing that they will probably do better next time. I'll find out, I'm sure, because I cannot close my account. I was so excited about the service.I filled everything out, I added my bookkeeper, I read a bunch of great information, learned about a few of the states and their the tax laws. When I realized that I couldn't take out my information, i spent the next week playing phone tag with a very nice gentleman who assured me that everything would be fine. That I could leave my account the way it is. And, I could decide if I needed them after April 15th. (I'm in California and do not need their services.) I was so upset when I realized that I was charged twice in just a few weeks and my account was not finished, not live, my account was not published. It's going on two months and I still have an account.

Pros

The concept is wonderful, your account is easy to understand, the map and sales tax information is great.

Cons

Beware of the free trial: I was charged twice. If your account is unfinished (not published) you will still be charged. If you enter your information in, you are unable to delete it. You may replace it with something else, another address or credit card, but you are unable to take it out completely. Customer service takes a bit of time getting back to you with zero follow up. It's unfortunate, this is a fabulous idea and such a disappointment.

Response from FedTax

Replied May 2019

Hi Jennifer - Our apologies for the issue you experienced. Based on the way your account was configured, you erroneously got charged when you should not have. We will make sure your account is disabled and provide you a credit for the charges made against your payment instrument on file. Again, our apologies for the issue.

Kali L. from The Blue Atlas Project

Absurd Customer Service

I would not recommend.

Pros

It sounded like it would integrate seamlessly, but I honestly didn't have time to try it out fully.

Cons

Before I was even able to access the full functionality I received an invoice for a time period before I even had signed up for taxcloud. They admitted it was erroneous and corrected it. However, I asked them to go ahead and delete the account as I didn't want to deal with software that was malfunctioning before I started. A month later, I received another invoice and they immediately withdrew the funds from the account connected. This was at the end of August. I reached out again. They admitted, again, that it was a mistake on their part and would get it taken care of. I did request immediate termination of the account for a second time and they did fulfill on this request. However, as of now, almost two months later they repeatedly say they will get back to me with an update and fail to follow through. It's just bad business. I wouldn't recommend using due to their unwillingness to resolve what should be a very simple issue.

Reasons for Choosing TaxCloud

It sounded like it would be easy to use.

Melissa from Clarity Lifestyle

Industry: Fine Art

Rip off

Terrible

Pros

I have nothing good to say about this company

Cons

Scammers taking money with no reimbursement

Response from FedTax

Replied March 2021

Hi Melissa - We'd like to add some facts to the record of your review. 1.) You opened your account and went live in June 2020. Our trial period is for 30 days, it's not indefinite. You had one transaction in Aug, Sep, Dec and Jan. 2 transactions in Feb. 2.) The $100 fee was because your credit card was rejected, which does cost us money to correct, hence the fee. 3.) Upon going live, our base fee for API calls 0 to 1000 is $30 per month. It doesn't make a difference if you do 1 or 999, it's $30. Our pricing is transparently described on our website at https://taxcloud.com/pricing. 4.) You selected our state subsidized service where you collect in all 25 of our member states. If you only wanted to collect in the state(s) you need to collect in you should have selected our other service option. 5.) Your account has been deactivated. Your conclusions and name calling run counter to the facts and are based on you not understanding our service and pricing. Best of luck in the future.

Andrew from Constitutional Rights Foundation

Easy to Set Up, It is Free, Does the Hard Part for You

Helped in complying with state laws.

Pros

TaxCloud is really free. Easy integration with shopping cart. Well documented user and technical guides.

Cons

Tax exemptions is still not clear to me. Somewhat difficult for the novice, but good integration with other system helps.

Response from FedTax

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the review Andrew! We appreciate your business!

Joy from Farmers Insurance

Quality, easy help with taxes

peace of mind, quality accurate help

Pros

I love that this software makes taxes so easy for me. I usually hate doing this and it pretty much is set up to automatically just calculate what is needed. I love it.

Cons

There is really nothing I dislike about this software. It is very easy to use and is very quality and accurate

Richard from Act II Books and Puppets

TaxCloud Difficult to Use

Poor.

Pros

Inexpensive and makes reporting easy if it works.

Cons

Very hard to set up and very hard to get useful help.

Response from FedTax

Replied February 2019

Hi Richard - Sorry that you found TaxCloud difficult to set-up. We have a great deal of material available at https://taxcloud.com/faq and feel free to reach to me via email at priley@taxcloud.com with any other questions.

GARY from Total Tool Supply, Inc.

Industry: Building Materials

This is very easy to use

Pros

The best is it is up to date in all city and local taxes that can change in an instance. We saved some money from a local tax that had expired.

Cons

Well, it is something that you could probably get through local and state offices , but if you do enough business it is almost free.

Does what it says

TaxCloud is hard to compare with competitors because I've only ever used them. In my limited experience with TaxCloud I didn't notice anything to be missing that I needed.

Pros

Has a fair number of integrations where tax setup is turnkey. Setup the integration once and everything is generally easy

Cons

Can get fairly expensive for smaller operations. You'll generally know if you need software for this

Response from FedTax

Replied July 2021

Thanks for your review!

Jasmine from Restaurant

Great Poduct

It was great overall.

Pros

It worked like it said it would work, and even better.

Cons

The software was completely new, something that I have not used before so it was unfamiliar.

Response from FedTax

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review Jasmine!

Laks from Personal touch

Makes Complex filing easy!

It makes it easy for online businesses when it comes to Salea tax and the UI is easy enough to navigate and use. The stack covers from collection to filing making it one stop shop for all the filing!

Richard from Otter-Creek

Attempting to terminate service agreement with taxcloud

The TaxCloud Terms of Servce Agreement states that in order to terminate that agreement, 'Merchant must log into the TaxCloud Merchant Interface, and click the “Close Account” button.' I have consumed several hours looking for that button with no luck. If anyone knows where it is, I would appreciate your input.

Pros

It appears to be better than most as far as a learning curve. I did not use it as too much, as I have decided to retire rather than go through this online sales tax situation.

Cons

I've spent quite a lot of time attempting to contact someone to talk to with no luck.

Response from FedTax

Replied May 2019

Hi Richard - If you'd like to cancel your account, please email service@taxcloud.net and it will be taken care of.

Automatic filing and period!

Very poor to bad experience is all I can say about this software.

Pros

The software is capable of automagically calculating sales tax and even assists in filing them directly.

Cons

But the amount of flexibility the software offers in terms of variable rate taxes is very minimal. Also there is no easy way to include county and local taxes.

Response from FedTax

Replied May 2019

Not sure what you are speaking of. We calculate sales tax at every jurisdictional level for every address in the US. This would include state. county, city and parish in LA.

Hidden fees, stay away from this scam.

Pros

We only used the trial as we were setting things up.

Cons

They charge you for service you didn't buy and you'll never know until it happens.

Response from FedTax

Replied September 2020

All of our pricing and fees are clearly outlined in our Terms of Service which every TaxCloud user agrees to. Our 5000+ clients are the best evidence of the value TaxCloud delivers in the market.

ganesh