Webgility Software Reviews

Webgility Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"Importing Fees from PayPal is a good functionality."
  • icon"Perfect for multichannel selling. Integrates with Zero and Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks online."
  • icon"Seems to offer a lot of features, support was good at first. I would recommend people think twice and go where the support is high rated."
  • icon"At times it was hard to understand the support person due to a heavy accent. The UI was difficult and the terminology was confusing."
  • icon"Lost thousands trying to integrate with them. Tried to cancel order but they weren't able to give even a partial refund."
  • icon"The customer support is terrible and getting it setup is a headache and a half."

All Webgility Reviews

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Webgility keeps the moving parts moving

We have an online store hosted using Volusion. We use QB online for accounting purposes. We use Infusionsoft as our CRM. Webgility connects all the pieces and keeps the orders synchronized in QB, and allows us to use a class that keeps Infusionsoft current. The customer service is great, although there have been times where I had to wait an hour or 2 for a call back. When we connect, the problem is always solved.

Pros

Webgility posts all of our transactions to Quickbooks online every evening. Set it up and forget about it.

Cons

Occasionally the link will break, but I don't know which piece of the puzzle causes that to occur.

Lorie

April 2022

Awesome Company, Very Helpful and Customer focused

Originally I was concerned because of the monthly packages. My products are seasonal with very highs and then moderate pull-through rates. I spoke with them about purchasing at the annual rate and asked if the yearly order count could be utilized instead of a monthly rate. They had to check but got back to me the next day and they could accommodate the requests. I did receive an email within the first 10 days that I was at my monthly limit. I replied to the email that it should be calculated on an annual rate and could they please have a look. The next day they contacted me and apologized. Within 24 hours the issue was resolved and I had no downtime.

Pros

The best is that when I send in a support request they contact me directly normally within the same day or the following day. They personally speak with me and do not send me on a wild goose chase. Every time my concern has been resolved either while on the call or an email the following day. I cannot say enough about their great support. Having awesome software and an awesome team behind it is so rare these days but Webgility has it.

Cons

So far nothing bad to say. I almost have all my accounts working at full speed and I could not be happier.

Reasons for choosing Webgility

The main reason I choose Webgility was for inventory tracking. Many others offered order processing and reconciliation but I was interested also in inventory and having different SKUs for the same product in various places. Multi-Channel, Inventory, and Cost were my 3 reasons and so glad I did.

Brett

Decent Software / Horrific WooCommerce Integration

Horrible. Have been bringing this to their attention for months with no resolution. Keep promising to look into it, but they don't . They finally send reluctant email admitting that the reason the competitors plugins work properly is because the competitors (like ShipStation) are PROPERLY using the WooCommerce API and Webgility is not. When asked why they can't use the API and properly make a decent plugin, they say they'll get back us - but don't. IF YOU ARE USING WOOCOMMCERE - TRUST ME - AVOID WEBGILITY AT ALL COSTS. We have switched to ShipStation and it is working amazing, their support is amazing, and it's 10x cheaper. Lesson learned. Sorry Webgility - we tried to help you, and you ignored us.

Pros

The software has many great features, is able to ship using wide variety of carriers and presents your orders in useful ways, posts back to store channels and posts to QuickBooks.

Cons

Awful non-standard WooCommerce integration is ruining the software, and management has no desire to fix it. Instead of following industry standards and adhering to WooCommerce & plugin API's and documented best practices, they have written some crazy mess of spaghetti code years ago and try to band aid it with updates and customizations, making it so that every time WooCommerce updates (as well as their many plugins), various things stop working. We've spent hundreds hiring outside developers to customize the code to work properly with standard Woo plugins like Product Variations, Shipment Tracking, and more. Every developer has commented that the Webgility WooCommerce plugin is the biggest mess they've ever seen. Whenever we update plugins like reviews, tracking, WooCommerce, etc - Webgility will break, because they don't follow standards. We've been telling them this for years. So, just for fun this past week, we downloaded and installed default plugins from competitors like ShipStation and Atandra's T-Hub - guess what? They worked immediately with all plugins and no problems. That shows you Webgility is doing it wrong.

with a large sales volume things gets messy without Webgility

we use the software to have a big picture of what is going on with our inventories and e-stores and to deal with our accounting processes. and we found out that the software did good job in that matter.

Pros

the most valuable feature for me in Webgility is the dashboard itself. you can import all your sales/orders/receipts data and everything is sorted out. in a breeze.

Cons

the software struggle with importing some sort of transactions data that are vital for the eCommerce like refunds and disputes form some platforms.

Scott

Customer Support is hard to come by

Pros

Cons

The customer support is very lacking. They seem to rarely respond and takes weeks to do anything. Don't seem to take as seriously once you have already signed the contract.

Poor customer service charged 3K annual because we didn't give a 7 day notice will not refund it.

They proved in the end to not care about what is right, but to care about one thing... the almighty dollar.

Pros

Similar to MyWorks For Woo QB integrations

Cons

less intuitive and Super Expensive compared to competition

Reasons for choosing Webgility

We thought it would be better, but now having used both, we see MyWorks is more intuitive.

I strongly suggest you keep looking

I was an early adopter of their platform almost 9 years ago. I had regular issues that seemed to be a result of regularly changing software data structures and they struggled to keep up with it. I frequently had issues with corrupted data that resulted from issues with inventory and product sync. When they changed to a cloud-based product, they wanted to increase my yearly cost by 400% despite the issues I had experienced. Their off-shore support made getting issues addressed very difficult and inconvenient to address. After struggling with issues, I was renewed for another year in December of 2019. I protested and was told in February of 2020 that I would receive a refund. No refund ever came and when I pushed, I was told that I had paid for the year and they couldn't cancel me in the middle of the year despite the fact that I have proof they offered a cancellation. I just found out I was automatically charged again this past December. It was this most recent charge despite me NOT using the software for over a year that prompted me to write about my bad experiences.

Pros

It had promise in the beginning in an area without much competition.

Cons

The cost skyrocketed after they went to a cloud-based model and they became greedy. Their support is bare minimum and they struggle to keep up with updates

Steven

Industry: Machinery

Beware of Scam

After a month of not being able to reach anybody, I received a call back from a gentleman who was based overseas. He told me he was calling me back to schedule my set-up with an engineer. I responded that this was a month earlier I'd signed up and had since been set-up and running with another solution since I never heard back from them and was unable to get anybody to pick up my calls. He explained my 30 day trial was over but that if I allowed him to set up my software now, that would make up for it. I asked to speak to his manager. The next day another person in the same office called and again was very rude in explaining that my month trial was up but that he would extend my subscription for a month. THIS IS CLEARLY A SCAM AND I WOULD BEWARE

Pros

I did a trial of this software and it seemed like it would provide what was needed to link my Shopify store to Quickbooks, our accounting system.

Cons

I signed up for the plan based on the offer of a free 30-day trial. However, after paying by credit card and walking through all the features with a salesman the frustrations began. I was unable to get ahold of anybody after the initial email and called the (415) number listed on their correspondence, which is a San Francisco area code. However, I got voice mail any time I tried calling and the team is all in India.

Reasons for choosing Webgility

This provider scammed me.

Reasons for switching to Webgility

This provider scammed me.

Melissa

Webgility Made Us Work Harder

Overall we dreaed using it because things never seemed to work properly for us. This is why we eventually moved to a different product, Connex.

Pros

There wasn't much we liked about this product except that it worked sometimes. The product was clunky and not user friendly.

Cons

We had to spend a lot of time on hold with their customer support in another country for help. At times it was hard to understand the support person due to a heavy accent. The UI was difficult and the terminology was confusing.

Tracy

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great idea...problems implementing

Pros

I love that I can import my invoices from Shopify directly into QuickBooks Online. It saves us a lot of time and double entry and keeps us from making mistakes.

Cons

The concept is great but there are a few things you have to do right up front in order to make it work properly. Also, if your customer creates a login and their information is slightly different from QuickBooks it will create a new customer instead of adding this data to a current customer. The same thing goes with item numbers. You have to make sure you know exactly what to do Upfront for this system to work properly.

Corey

From manually invoicing to full yautomated invoicing!

Pros

Once we got it connected to our online selling platforms and Quickbooks, this software freed up so much of my time. I was invoicing 300+ orders manually each day, and was able to transition that over for Webgility to take on the full workload automatically and in seconds. Allowed me to transition into a more impactful position with the company.

Cons

Anytime you call support, you'll be on the phone for at least 45 minutes (even for a small task). Also, they do not have a notification system setup for update reminders, which causes bugfs and issues if you are not using the most up-yo-date version. A simple email notifcation to users would get trid of this problem.

Response from Webgility

Hey Corey, Thanks for the review! We're glad that Webgility has freed up time so you can focus on other parts of the business. As for support, sorry for the extra time spent on the phone. You can always use chat support right on our website, or check out the help center on our website: https://help.webgility.com/s/.

Replied August 2021

Rene

Awesome integration tool

We have been using webgility to synchronize all of our e-commerce business. We use shopify, amazon, walmart and all of our sales and inventory is synchronized. Very good tool to keep everything in one place.

Pros

You can integrate any popular e-commerce platform with your accounting software. It also provides analytics and reporting of all the data going through your sales channels including sales orders and inventory.

Cons

We use it to sync our e-commerce business with quickbooks desktop, for this you need an extension installed and there are times where the extension glitches and you need to re-send data , etc. Maybe this could be improved for the desktop version of the extension.

Ina

UK Businesses Avoid

Exchausted, dealing with Covid and Brexit, and then so much of my time spending to help staff to identify missing orders, and fixing error manually was a nightmare. Not needed at this time.

Pros

Liked the linkage of records from Shopify to Webgility to Quickbooks. Undo function, to reverse an entry from Webgility to Quickbooks. Importing Fees from PayPal is a good functionality.

Cons

Every single week we had to raise or log a case since all transactions does not pull through, which meant we could not trust once automation. All fees went into our system with VAT, thus we had to manually update each record, or do a mass calculation and entry into Quickbooks. Support allowed us to share screen and we could show them the settings in Quickbooks, and that it is indeed a webgility error. Developers adjusted settings and now we have orders that sync with an error so can not be created in Quickbooks at all. Manual labour, testing and time spend just outweighing working with the company as a UK customer. If you a UK based company, make sure to see a lot of sections in USD, no time zone for UK etc... although they will assure you at point of sale the system caters for the UK. In summary, great functionality, but it does not work and data is unreliable. I think we have contributed to enhance functionality, but know that if you cancel early no refund. I will advise to pay monthly and try for 6 months before an annual subscription. We now implemented a more basic App, OneSaaS but not even completed the trial and we are automating, each and every transaction including VAT, Discounts, Fees and deposits and all data are pulling in correctly and no more manual editing in Quickbooks. A great way to start the year, making the switch.

Reasons for choosing Webgility

Functionality, but sadly not working for UK customers

Chuck

Long term, very satisfied user

We've been thoroughly pleased with both the functionality and support we've received from Webgility. Our support team (namely, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) is very knowledgeable and easily reachable (no long hold times). They've "had our back" during our steady, aggressive growth over the past few years. Webgility has allowed us to run lean and has been a huge savings over our previous integrated solution.

Pros

- Integrates / syncs inventory & pricing with Shopify, Amazon and Quickbooks - shipping functionality - highly configurable - browser-based - affordable

Cons

- because of it's high configurability / functionality, implementation does take a bit longer

Lisa

Great product for managing inventory, and Great support!

We sync inventory from WooCommerce to QuickBooks Enterprise

Pros

It seamlessly integrates our inventory from WooCommerce to QuickBooks Enterprise.

Cons

It is a very complicated software (as it should be, because we have a complicated inventory system). So setup and learning curve were long. But once we all got used to it, and learned how to set things up properly, we rarely experience problems anymore.

Reasons for switching to Webgility

The software written by our IT person was no longer capable of handling the increase in sales.

Marissa