What are Venmo users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Venmo software through verified user reviews

8,564 Reviews

6,586
1,246

• icon"Simple and secure, customizable and innovative, social and connecting, interactive, fun and interesting interface."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to use, and also how easy it is to set up. The platform seem secure and gives the option for same day transfers which is super nice."
  • icon"I like how easy it is to use this software. It makes sending and receiving money so easy that we have had better luck selling items and services."
  • icon"Once you send a payment to someone, it's sent- which sucks if you accidentally sent it to the wrong person."
  • icon"You can accidentally send money to the wrong person if you type in the username incorrectly, and there is no way to cancel that transaction."
  • icon"It scares me that some folks have had problems with ppl faking accounts and stealing and fraud."

Browse all Venmo Reviews

• Have you used Venmo and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 8,187 reviews

CharRon

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Venmo is king

Ashley

Best money app EVER

10/10 great app. Have and will continue to recommend to my friends and family.

Pros

This app has saved my butt on so many occasions. It makes money transfer from person to person incredibly easy. My car had broken down a couple years ago and I didn’t even have enough money for a cab but with Venmo my mom was able to send me enough money for a tow truck and other things until I got paid and could send it back to her. Huge blessing.

Cons

The only issue I’ve ever had with Venmo is me actually unknowing setting up an autopay for Netflix and it charged my account but that was my fault not theirs.

George

Venmo....naw im good thanks

I wouldn't say it has been totally bad because i am grateful to have been able to use the services at one point but overtime with more options available and changesin their policies infeel there are better alternatives available.

Pros

I liked the fact that initially it was a good replacement for cash app.

Cons

Their security systems are all over the place. I cant even begin on the loopholes they have in validating your account..customer service is atrocious.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Cash app had a period they were not working properly.

Venmo: anyone anywhere

I work with a lot of subcontractors, and I can't say how many times I am asked "Can you just Venmo me---?" At first I thought it was like "kleenex" and the name was just being used universally, I have since learned that people were asking specifically for Venmo.

Pros

Setting up and using immediately was a desirable feature. Being able to invoice vendors and pay personal no matter where I was or what time it was, is a convenience. The film industry doesn't have regular hours and people like to be paid when their work is done. Venmo makes that happen without having to wait. So far I have had no issue with paying vendors through Venmo. I can always look back for records of transaction

Cons

Big one! My tax accountant recently told me that Venmo receipts were not the best records for the IRS. I think the IRS just hasn't caught up yet or they don't like electronic receipts. Trying to help someone over the phone set it up has proven difficult in the past, but I believe that was human error

Reasons for choosing Venmo

The large number of people who requested payment via Venmo

Paige

Do Not Use Venmo!

Pros

You can pay people quickly. There are no other pros.

Cons

I purchased concert tickers from a Venmo user after they had offered them on Facebook. I investigated the person before purchasing and felt like they were legitimate. Turns out, they were a scammer so I spent over $400 using the balance I had on my Venmo and did not receive the tickets. I IMMEDIATELY called Venmo to try to get my money back. The first Customer Service representative that I talked to said that the best they could do was submit a ticket to an Account Specialist and that they would get back to me in the next 24 hours. The rep. also told me that if the scammers move that money into their personal bank account that it would be out of their hands and they would not be able to give me a refund. I asked if they could expedite my ticket since I only had a day or 2 before it will go into their bank account. He said they can't do that. I said "You can't even call and just ask if that's a possibility?" He said no. 24 hours pass by and I hadn't heard anything so I called Customer Service again and the second representative I talked to said that I was given false information and it's going to take 6-7 days for them to investigate the situation. I asked her if there is anyway to expedite my ticket, especially since I was told it would be taken care of already. She said no. I ask again, "Can you call them and just ask since this is time sensitive and by tomorrow you guys won't be able to help me at all?" She says no. I will never use Venmo again.

Alona

Love using Venmo!

I love it for business or personal use. So grateful for this product. Although it’s owned by PayPal, it’s easier to use on the go and love that I can quickly see who was paid and when. It also has a private feature if you don’t want all your contacts to know about your transactions.

Pros

It’s portable: on my phone and easy to use. I can immediately see that payment was made . Easy to select the account which I want to pay with. Really the fastest and safest platform for money transfer!

Cons

The daily limit is a bit tricky, but it is also a security feature. So I can’t complain there. The fact that it is dependent on WiFi, so can get stuck if network is not available.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

I still use it for larger sums or vendors that I don’t know, however Venmo is far more useful when I know the contact.

Shanyce

May 2022

Top Tier Payment Services

Pros

what I like most about this software compared to other payment services is the user interface as well as the reliability. I have also used Cash App and PayPal. PayPal is just as reliable, but the interface is quite boring and not as interactive. Cash app is similar but it is not the most reliable, as it is easy for people to make several and several accounts. It is overall quick and convenient and my go-to for paying my friends back.

Cons

I am not sure if this has always been a thing or it is recent, but I have been having this issue where when I go to pay someone and I have funds in my Venmo account but it is not enough. I expected to take from the Venmo account and then withdraw from my bank or card. I think that sort of feature would be nice rather than having to either wait 1 to 3 days for your funds or having to pay a fee

Reasons for switching to Venmo

similar in reliability but boring user interface and user interaction

Earl

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

First Time user

This is an awesome product, although I have not investigated it's full capability I find that thus far all that I have tried has worked like a bomb

Pros

The ease of use and ability to setup at various locations, It makes payment processing a breeze and has the needed security.

Cons

I use this for a new business and found that it allowed me to set up my point of sale easily and efficiently but the payment processing I find amazing.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

I found it to be more appealing and suited to my needs

Ether

A great tool with multiple payment method options!

My overall experience has been mostly positive. I am glad that the platform is so user-friendly and that many people seem to be using it as well, making it easy to pay people anytime. I am also glad that it is usually easy to find someone with the search tool to make sure I am paying the right person, and that you can add them as a friend so you can keep their information handy for future transactions.

Pros

Venmo is extremely easy to use! I love the ability to send money to anyone I owe right on the spot and their money can either be sent to their bank account or used right away.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Venmo is that you can't choose your spending limit. They set it to $3000 and then if you verify your identity it can only be raised to about $6000. I would much rather have freedom on how much I can spend, or at least have some form of being able to give myself or another person the ability to withdraw as much as I'd like for a transaction, because it is MY money.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

I chose Venmo because it seems like the most popular choice among most people I know, which makes it easier then to use to pay people.

Robert

June 2022

A quick and easy way to make and receive payment's!

I really enjoy the simplicity of the app. Venmo truly helps me with daily purchases and sales. The biggest factor is that it is safe and secure!

Pros

Easy to use! I was able to teach my 15-year-old son and 18-year-old daughter how to use and navigate without any issues!

Cons

Quick and painless processing! Very userfriendly!

Reasons for switching to Venmo

For Security reasons! I have used Paypal for many years and have never had an issue with them ever. I tried the Cash app for two months and my Information was stolen!

Venmo Top Choice for Easy Transactions and Usability

At first I was hesitant to use Venmo for fear of it being secure but those fears are completely gone. The app is 100% safe and trustworthy and now I prefer it over PayPal. Before sending payments to a new user you are asked to confirm the account information which is helpful. I use Venmo when buying and selling things on Facebook marketplace. I also use it to pay for services such as babysitting, photo shoots, dinner with family, and more. It's made life much easier and made it easy to split the costs of things!

Pros

Venmo is incredibly easy to use (all you have to do is link you bank information and away you go). I also like how it is so widely used and thus the people I exchange money with (i.e. on Facebook marketplace, babysitters, friends and family, etc.) all use the app.

Cons

I do not have any complaints. Venmo has worked extremely well for me and I have not had any issues with sending or receiving payments.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Because Venmo was being used more frequently!

Sherry

Love this app

This app has become a great financial benefit to have while running a small business it's great to be able to receive my payments for service right away and it's great to be able to transfer over money to other accounts if I need to

Pros

I love the fact that this app.will offer you gifts for just being a user of them a great incentive to keep customers happy and using them

Cons

I don't have anything to say negative about this app so far I love it and will continue using and telling all my friends and family to use as well

Reasons for switching to Venmo

I love that this app is easy to use and also cares about keep their customers happy with incentives and being there to help in any way day or night with questions I may have

Kim

Industry: Veterinary

Secure, Affordable, Convenient!

I switched to venmo from PayPal because of its ease-of-use and the fact that the majority of my clients use it instead PayPal. I did have several issues with PayPal and changing my personal information and accessing my account so I shut that down completely and now use venmo exclusively. I have been using it for over 2 years and I plan to keep doing so.

Pros

I like that it is available as an app and that the payments can be transferred immediately to my bank account for a very nominal fee.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with this software. The only thing I would like to see, which is strictly a matter of taste, is that more emojis or payment subject pictures were available to post on the transaction details.

Not applicable

Reasons for switching to Venmo

As I stated previously, I had issues changing my personal information on my PayPal account and then accessing my account and transferring money. It happened more than two times so I switched to venmo and I have had no issues whatsoever.

Derek

Industry: Writing and Editing

July 2022

Venmo is a PayPal Alternative Owned by PayPal

Venmo was easy to sign up for, get set-up with, and transfer money with. It's a leader in the industry for a reason.

Pros

The most important feature of Venmo is its ability to send money from one person to another. It excels at this endeavor. I used Venmo to pay a freelance website developer for a project. They told me they were banned from PayPal and couldn't use it anymore, so I signed up with Venmo, transferred money to my account over the span of a few days, found his account on the app, and sent it to him. Transaction complete.

Cons

There's nothing I disliked about it, except for a slightly nervousness on whether or not I had found the correct person to send money to. I had to confirm with my freelancer that their picture was the right account. Seems like they could improve things in that area.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

My freelancer couldn't use PayPal, so even though I had used PayPal for about 20 years, I signed up for Venmo. They're both owned by PayPal, so whatever.

Melissa

Easy Money Sharing App

Pros

Easy to Use Everyone is using it Easy to Install/Setup

Cons

I travel a lot and I feel that they are missing an international side of this feature. Fees can also bit a bit high.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

It is way faster and more convenient!

Venmo, I can’t remember life without it.

Overall I have greatly benefited from Venmo as I’m able to do things with people all over the US, such as sending money to someone to go in on a group gift or paying someone back or honestly even sending them Birthday money instead of putting it in a card they could get lost in the mail.

Pros

Some of the features I love or how fast the app is that it actually works fast. Also then the ability to verify who you’re sending it to and have a record of payment that you’ve made is great.

Cons

Honestly I love it and today I have not had any issues with using Venmo on a weekly basis for a variety of different types of transactions.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

I made the switch over to Venmo because it seems like that’s the way the people are going and not so much using PayPal as much as they once were.

Schanel

June 2022

Need this for your business to keep up with the trend

Pros

Everyone has venmo, so the ease of payments from customers is so amazing. It took 5 mins to set up and I haven't had any trouble. I like how payments are insured for the customer, it gives them an extra feel of security when buying online. I love how it syncs with Paypal!

Cons

I feel that sometimes the @name can get confusing.

Easy and Convenient

We have used it with business, receiving money, sending money, paying others for a job, and even scheduling monthly payments. It's easy to use and quick, there is not "waiting" period to see the money hit your venmo.

Pros

Venmo is easy to use and free. I use it weekly if not daily to pay people back or receive monthly payments from others. They offer a card to withdraw as well if you don't link your bank account.

Cons

I don't like that it takes a day or two for money to transfer if there is historical use that incoming and outgoing money is valid.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Venmo was a bit more user friendly and I could search for people easier

Gina

Industry: Executive Office

Venmo is For the new aged business person.

Overall my experience like I said has been good with venmo I like it that it's versatile it's mobile everything is pretty much self-explanatory you know now there's Bitcoin you can buy I like it that I can use it for my business I can use it for personal I can use it anyway that I need to to fit the particular situation that I'm dealing with that's a great option I don't like that to cash a check you have to use the one particular service it would be nice if they offered several services so that you could choose which one you wanted to go through what rate you paid and then again like I said if you don't get accepted through one because they have issues or glitches or technical issues there is a backup that you can go through cuz some clients pay with checks and then that means we have to have a separate bank account to cash checks and I like the point of keeping everything together so that I can keep all my business stuff in one place

Pros

The features that I like most about them always is mostly that it's a very mobile and very versatile service that I can offer not only to my clients but that I use myself I not only use this in my business but I use it personally as well and it just makes it so much easier for me to be able to do all my banking or payments in one spot I can cash a check I can get a direct deposit I can take payments I can send money all of this while I'm still moving around and doing everything that I can for my business it's a great program a great payment option and a great way to be able to look at what you're doing financially while you're on the go.

Cons

I guess the feature that I least liked is that they use Ingo for their check cashing services and I have had issues as well as other people that I know with Ingo because they will shut you out of their system and not really give you a reason and getting through to customer service and getting it sorted is almost impossible and very time-consuming and in my field that's something I do not have time for is to sit down and talk for hours and try and figure out something that I have no idea was a problem and it usually turns out that it's a technical error or it's a glitch or it takes a long time to fix and by the time they do that you found an alternative to doing what you needed to do anyway so that's my only con with venmo is that they use that one check cashing service so if you want to cash a check and you can't use Ingo then you can't use that feature of venmo and that's that's a downplay

Reasons for switching to Venmo

I made the switch from PayPal to the mall because one PayPal has issues with processing payment sometimes as personal when your business and vice versa business when they're personal which can make problems arise because you're not getting payment when you think you should or vice versa I also don't like the fact that customer service seems a little laxed and they're not able to maneuver and sometimes it takes weeks to get things solved and I really don't have time to sit and wait for a solution when it's something that wasn't even that big of a deal that could have been fixed with basically a couple keystrokes and we move on but they make it so difficult to do that plus they also use Ingo not real happy with Ingo but again that's one less feature that I have with venmo but I had several situations with PayPal that caused me to look for a new service and that's where it came to that Mom

Lena

Industry: Veterinary

Venmo for business is a must

I think Venmo is a great option for businesses to accept payments. It has trust, security, and financial stability, so I don’t have to worry about mine or my customers information being stolen or my money being lost. I like that I am able to use across everything I need, from mobile payments to pos. It is so easy to use and I can track all of my sales and history easily.

Pros

I like the many payment options, the ease of use, and the trust I have for the company.

Cons

There are some features that should be more customizable, and the fees could be a bit more competitive.

It has more versatility

Reasons for switching to Venmo

The features were more convenient and it is easier to use and control my money.

Cicily

Venmo Review

I love that it is really simple to use from offering the expense of a dinner to a companion to paying for products bought from a companion or merchant. No expenses, not all that much or obscure.

Pros

Speedy, helpful installments Allowed to send cash from a financial balance or charge card Low charge for Mastercard installments Can pay for buys at select organizations Offers a check card and a Mastercard Adds a social component to sending and getting cash

Cons

At present, Venmo is just accessible in the United States. Along these lines, don't anticipate utilizing it on any of your impending worldwide voyages. It depends on an informal community of known companions and individuals in close geographic nearness to convey advanced installments. What's another impediment you really want to know about with the application? It's just accessible for individual use when connected to a Visa or ledger. Along these lines, even those organizations that pay an expense to acknowledge it can't straightforwardly utilize it. The organization likewise puts a cap on client exchanges of $4,999.99 each week. This breaking point is applied on a moving premise. The equivalent goes for getting reserves. At the end of the day, on the off chance that you really want to send a huge amount of cash, look somewhere else. Or on the other hand separate enormous exchanges into more modest aggregates paid more than a little while. At long last, pundits have raised worries with Venmo's present security conventions. They stay wary with regards to the portable application's capacity to secure individuals' accounts. All things considered, the organization has questioned these reactions various occasions by stressing security settings.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

Venmo is safer and much easier to use

Brian

December 2021

Why your business needs Venmo!

I love using Venmo and prefer it to any other payment method - its just so darn easy to use! I love it and you will too!

Pros

With Venmo your business never has to sacrifice an order for payment issues! Venmo remains a top competitor in the payment processing market because of its versatility, ease of use, reliability, support and recognition - if you don’t have Venmo these days people start wondering what rock you’ve been hiding under! Venmo’s user analytics and usability are top of the line and will make the payment of every sale the easiest part of the process!

Cons

I have nothing bad to report, the app is practically flawless for the purpose it serves! If there’s anything to perhaps improve upon initially it would be the inclusion of crypto currency as crypto will continue to rise in popularity around the world.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

Venmo is again just the easiest to use and most popular amongst the younger generations. It’s trusted, reliable, and so easy anyone can do it!

Reasons for switching to Venmo

I use both but prefer Venmo for the fee structure, ease of use, and social acceptance - PayPal is great but it’s also potentially more dated and less popular with the younger generations.

Krishnamoorthy

Easy way to send and receive money

Venmo does not charge recurring fees, such as monthly or yearly fees, like other payment services. When sending money from a bank account, debit card, or your Venmo balance, there are no fees charged. Payment apps charge a 3 percent fee for credit card transactions, which is typical throughout the industry. There are also no fees associated with receiving money or transferring it to your bank account, unless you choose an immediate transfer rather than a regular transfer. Venmo has a unique selling point in that it is not your normal payment app. Likes, comments, and messages are linked to each payment in this payments software, which incorporates popular social network elements such as likes, comments, and messages. Others, on the other hand, believe that it makes money transfers more enjoyable, which some users find to be true.

Pros

It is quick and simple to use. Finally, but certainly not least, it has a large user base, which means that many of your connections may already be using it. Venmo's success may be attributed in large part to its simplicity of use. There is very little of a learning curve. You may download it and begin sending and receiving money within minutes of installing it. Using Venmo to divide costs is also a breeze since it provides an on-screen calculator when you transfer or request money from someone. You may also send or request the same amount from several people at the same time if you're sharing a bill with a group of people.

Cons

Once you've made a payment via Venmo, there is no way to reverse it. The money is sent promptly to the intended recipient. If you need a payment to be refunded, Venmo advises that you contact the receiver and request the money back. Other than that, you may request that Venmo's customer service reverse the payment on your behalf; however, they can only do so if the receiver accepts, if their account is in good shape, and if they still have the cash in the bank.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

Personal transactions can be made using Venmo, instantly.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Venmo had more features and a better mobile user interface.

Eric R.

Venmo is a great consumer product with limited use for business

Venmo's incredible ease of use makes it essential for interacting with other people with whom I might loan or pay money for simple things. For vendors, it's a solid way to get access to credit card payments with okay fees.

Pros

Venmo is dead simple to use, with the QR code scan and effortless options to ask for payments or send them. The number of people who signed up for Venmo also helps - most younger folks are on it.

Cons

The social aspect of the software is a bit odd in that I'm not in the least bit interested in what my friends are paying one another for. When people get funny, I suppose it could be entertaining but too much of the feed is people paying each other for rent, groceries and other mundane stuff. Additionally, this present a business challenge where you need to be cautious about posting your purchases if it's a private purchase for your business.

Reasons for choosing Venmo

More people have Venmo and it's not tied to Zelle's limited bank list.

Reasons for switching to Venmo

Venmo is easier and in use by more people than PayPal.

Cierra

Industry: Warehousing

Venmo - 1 CashApp - none

My experience with Venmo was and is exceptional. I haven’t had even one bad thing happen with this app and it’s very reassuring to know your in good hands when doing transactions! Nobody wants to have to worry about where there money is and it’s safe to say that Venmo keeps your money and information secure and protected!

Pros

I loooooove Venmo! My favorite thing is that it’s safe because it’s completely controlled by you and only you! They also have tons of new features like a debit card. Plus they have customer service reps ready to help you with whatever, whenever! So you can send and receive money any time from anybody that has a Venmo account. Why is that special? Because it’s painless and timeless! This is my #1 app for transactions because it gets them done in no time. If your anything like me, I’m always on the go between kids, there sports, and work this app just really speeds things up when I need it most!

Cons

I think the only downside of Venmo for me is that my transactions are public so anybody that has a Venmo account can see them. It’s not bad per se but it’s not something I love.

Showing 1 - 25 of 8,187 reviews