All Wix Reviews

June 2022

Wix is trix!

Arran

Reviewing Wix

My Overall view is that Wix do give a great service and its very easy to use and to get a great site up and going in a few days if not in one day ! Only thing id say is that they are dragging their heals in updating the back end of the shop to make it better but the costs of Millions seems to be putting them off !! Bite the Bullet Wix !!

Pros

Great Platform, Never Crashes and fast to upload, Great information on how to use Wix and you dont have to be an Expert to use and to make a great website

Cons

No Cons,ive found over the years its always up and going 24/7 so never no down time, i find it very hard to dislike anything about the Wix platform

Reasons for choosing Wix

the price is cheaper and theres not much difference in the platform compared to Wix Vs Shopify

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wix has a stronger and faster platform and it dont crash as much as Yola did.

jamie

November 2022

Easy to use and set up

Pretty easy to use and to get a professional looking website up and running, quickly.

Pros

It is very intuitive and user friendly to set up a professional looking website. It is also easy to edit, change and add items in real time with updates taking seconds to post on the actual website.

Cons

It is not 100% customizable, as a designer I would like more freedom to design as I wish. Also, it sometimes has bugs within the compatibility between the desktop versions and the mobile version and I found myself having to change a lot of formatting between the two constantly. I would have preferred just to design the desktop versions and they separately designed the mobile because when you change one to adjust it changes the other and then both are off. Also not possible/difficult to have the website run in two different languages seamlessly. I had to build two totally different sites, one in English and one in French.

Reasons for switching to Wix

weebly was not as user friendly and wix had more flexibility in design capabilities

halie

wix review

ix's simplified manager, layouts, and incredible instruments make it really simple to make anything, from individual web-based portfolios to independent venture sites. Furthermore, in the event that incentive for cash is a significant variable, Wix is somewhat pricier than different stages, however it offers a fledgling well disposed and versatile free arrangement to begin from.

Pros

Wix is an across the board web designer that allows you rapidly to make alluring sites, regardless of whether you have no plan or coding experience. Wix is famous among bloggers, business people and entrepreneurs

Cons

Formats not tradableFree arrangement powers Wix markingFollowing and investigation require a paid arrangementYour site isn't transferrablePremium Plans are single-site as it were

Alita

Perfect for novices and template users

For a fast simple easy website Wix is a great option. If you are looking to customize, create your own theme or move your website to another host then Wix is not for you.

Pros

Wix is very simple to set up and implement. You don't need to have any special training or skills to set up a website using Wix.

Cons

Customization is nearly impossible as is transferring your website to another host. With Wix, you are locked into themes and to their hosting packages. If you build your website with Wix it is staying with Wix.

Reasons for choosing Wix

The person setting up the website was familar with Wix.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Cost and ablility to set up website very quicking by a novice.

Katya

November 2022

Highly customizable and intuitive UI

Wix was quick and easy to learn and I would recommend it for small to medium sized companies that want to have an online presence but don't want to spend time on the developer side of making a complex website.

Pros

Wix has the customization options that many website builders do not have. Learning curve was pretty low and we were able to create a fully functioning basic website in under a day. It is very user friendly.

Cons

I would have preferred to have more control over the aesthetic of the website, and a downside is that if you are switching to a new template, you have to redesign your entire site.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Wordpress is more customizable, but has a much larger learning curve.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wix has many more customization options and allowed us to make a more unique looking website with more functionalities.

Anny

Industry: Translation and Localization

July 2022

A useful tool for non-specialist users to build websites

I've had a long-running website promoting the freelance services I offer. I use Wix with the desire to build a website with a new look, it took me a few days to get used to how the tools work, but after that I didn't finish, because I felt like I can't really freely change the graphic, the layout of the content, there are too many limitations. Wix mainly provides templates with the most simplified interface, focusing on eye-catching colors and simple content.

Pros

Wix has colorful templates available, suitable for those who want to promote the image of an advertising campaign, or a certain product. Wix is suitable for young customers with the following criteria: not many words but many images. So it is often appropriate to build websites with an interface similar to social networks, not a blog that provides a lot of information.

Cons

Websites sometimes don't load quickly, especially when it comes to viewing and selecting templates. Templates usually do not provide many features to be able to change the graphic, but only a few brief content. In general, users are still limited to being able to build a website by themselves that has a lot of content, many pages and many sections.

Reasons for switching to Wix

With wordpress I have more options, more features to suit my needs, I can customize and build a website with lots of content, pages and sections.

Fortunate

Industry: Online Media

Best No-code Website Builder

I love it! As much as it's expensive, I would not choose any other. There is no one I wouldn't recommend it to.

Pros

I have zero code experience, however; with Wix, I managed to build a professional website that converts. The templates for blog posts are out of this world. I also like how Wix helps you to get your website SEO ready. My website has attracted 6 clients in a month, customers go nuts when they see it.

Cons

The price is high! That's the only con that comes to mind. People starting out may not be able to afford it, so they prefer Namecheap.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Nothing hectic, it just did not have the feel I was looking for.

December 2022

Professional Website Builder WithOut Coding !!

overall i am very Happy With It Now I Can Create My Own Website With Out devoloper, I Can Do Marketing And Track The Analytics. Awsome Tool For Warketers

Pros

anyone Can Create The Beautiful Website With Out Code And Inbuild Templates Gives Professional Look To Website Wix Offering Free Domain, SEO, And Email Marketing

Cons

Nothing To Say !! Its a Free Website Builder With Awsome Features

Gary

January 2023

Beautiful look and structure

Although I made 0 sales through my WIX site, I attribute it more to people's opinions of my art and my lack of business acumen than on any flaws in the platform.

Pros

The learning curve was minimal and the results were impressive.

Cons

Nothing I can think of although there were some problems with spacing on page.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Liked the overall look more.

George

December 2022

The best friend of web developers

I enjoyed using wix to learn website development.

Pros

The UI and how easily it is to customise templates

Cons

The price is cool but our exchange rate in Ghana is the problem

Kaprice Dal Cerro,

More diverse than you think

I have enjoyed my experience using Wix. My website has never gone down and it has allowed me to create automation for parts of my business.

Pros

What I like about Wix is that you don't need to be a software developer to create a great-looking website. There are a lot of tools that many users don't realize that Wix has. For instance, setting up a workshop and taking payment is easy to create on your Wix website. There are many themed templates to choose from to help you create the look and feel that you want without having to spend a lot of time thinking about how you want your website to look.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve if you want to make some advanced changes to your website. This may take some time or you may need the help of someone who has Wix knowledge if you aren't a techy person.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I found Wix to have options right out of the box that alternative products did not have. I also noticed that Wix was not staying stagnant in their market. They are consistently updating and creating a more powerful tool everyday. I felt it was a website that could grow with my business needs without breaking the bank.

Jessica

Simple to use, easy to get support on, can build a company website in minutes

I'd say my overall experience has been nothing but positive. I've been growing with it since I was a teenager when I built a preliminary website for my church, a college student with a personal portfolio and have since graduated into using it for my freelance webdesign and management. They offer wonderful features and perks like ad vouchers, SEO analyzation tools, phone numbers and email services, domain purchasing through their website. I mean there's not an easier tool to use in my opinion. It beats wordpress in a ease of use and intergration test hands down in my opinion.

Pros

I love that when I first started creating website with wix I was able to do EVERYTHING for free and then only needed to pay to remove Wix branding. It make you feel confident that you'll be able to benefit from a subscription before you even purchase one. I initially utilized this to create a personal portfolio and have since expanded to utilizing for freelance work. The best feature is that it's not coding based. Non technologically inclined individuals are able to utilize with ease, can use templates, there are color themse if you aren't using custom BUT you CAN do all of those things yourself if you WANT to. Awesome product and have recommended many times.

Cons

Something I wish could be improved is alternative payment methods. If I want a customer to pay for their plan directly, I don't want them to have to provide me with their number, I want them to beable to make that purchase themselves while still maintaining my admin status and not compromising my own password. I can't stress how great support is when I need help so if there is anything diffcult for me to conceptualize they have chat features, email and phone lines available for assistance and are super helpful.

Reasons for choosing Wix

Pricing and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Wix

WordPress wasn't cheap. Wasn't easy to grasp for a beginner. Wasn't accessible for my clients.

Wix is were it's at

I've worked with Wordpress, Blogger, and Wix. You can't go wrong with Wix. It is a seamless and flexible product that allows users to quickly build a website. You can create a free site but it will have the Wix name in your URL link, but if you are just blogging or wanting to test out this online software then check it out. If you have some background in coding you can build stuff from the ground up, but this software is very organic and offers a lot of customization in its default state. The grab and drop feature is very intuitive and this service offers a lot especially for those who need to create a site or blog quickly or for those who do not have a very strong background in coding.

Pros

The Pros for Wix are many and outnumber the cons, but some of the cons could be detrimental. One of the best features of this platform is that Wix has a drag and drop feature so you can move icons, widgets, images and so on pretty easily. There are other platforms with a similar feature, but I felt like Wix was a bit more intuitive for me and offered more from other platforms I've worked with. Lots of tools both free and paid for to add to your website. Wix provides a free version, but it's a bit more limited, which many might imagine. There are often promotional and discounted add-ons. Tools and the dashboard are very clean and easy to navigate. It's very easy to transfer a domain name over. Relatively affordable, but of course the platform is more expensive as you upgrade the site.

Cons

There are not as many cons for Wix, but the few that exist could make or break this for a lot of people. One area is the price. The free version and entry-level subscriptions are pretty reasonable, but also very limited. Wix offers a lot to customize your site, but if you want a free blog with the ability to customize many of its looks or navigation, Wordpress might be a better choice. Upgrading Wordpress from a blog to a standalone '.com' or '.org' it's much more affordable. So there are cheaper options. That downgrading is a bit of a pain. I took on a promotional upgrade a few years ago and then decided I didn't need the extra features so I tried to downgrade my plan and it was not very simple. While it wasn't a stressful aspect like dealing with At&t or something, I had to contact the customer service.

Reasons for choosing Wix

I chose Wix over Wordpress because it was easier to build a site. Wordpress offers a lot of features but it's a bit fussy and at the time, it was cheaper than Squarespace. for the plan I wanted

Reasons for switching to Wix

I wanted something with an easier interface to navigate

Ada

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Considering time efficiency in building a good-looking website, WiX is a no-brainer

WiX serves best as a prototype when discussing with stakeholders on the design / look and feel for anything that appears online. Instead of putting the text in a word document and arguing the color tone or how pictures should be displayed, why not just open up a WiX account and start building a prototype to facilitate discussion? My experience is that this tool significantly reduces the turnaround time discussing / confirming with vendors on web design details. Another shortcoming is its SEO capability. But again, it's best for beginner and not for advanced user.

Pros

I would consider Wix as the most easy-to-use website builder, when compared with Wordpress & Strikingly. Over the years it has made huge improvements, especially now with its ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) feature where you'll first be asked a couple of questions regarding the purpose, the functions, the look and feel of your ideal website, then a ready version would be automatically generated for your further edit, i.e. via drag and drop of your preferred style.

Cons

At first I didn't even recognize the difference between Wix Editor & Wix ADI so I got confused and found difficulty following the step-by-step advice on Q&A session. It's simple to identity which is which: If you didn't answer those questions in the beginning, and chose your own designer template instead, then that's a website built under Wix Editor which allows full control over every aspect of the site. On the other hand, if you're like me who wants a quick solution and accept the readily generated website, then it's built under WiX ADI, but you then lose the autonomy to change, even it's just the minor stuff on the webpage. And here comes the problem: Sometimes, when the functions on WiX ADI just didn't work (e.g. after hitting a button a menu was supposed to appear on the left but it just didn't show up) then it's time to write an inquiry to Customer Service Support, instead of reading through the Q&A which mainly offers advice on WiX Editor.

Reasons for switching to Wix

Wordpress is functional but a lot more complicated and not so design-intuitive. Since my focus is on layout and ease of viewing on mobile, WiX is way more friendly to use.

Jared

My great experience with Wix

Overall, Wix is my preferred platform for making my websites and blogs. The value that they provide is astounding! If Wix keeps heading in the same direction, the only thing that can be expected is growth. There is so many more pro's than con's to be listed.

Pros

Wix is a solid web development platform, and to capture the whole point of this review, an overall amazing platform for any purpose! Wix provides fantastic payment plans that are affordable, provide a ton of value, and encourage growth of a personal website, wedding website, or a corporate site, you name it -- this is the platform to use. There are designated plans that are recommended for large businesses and allow for unlimited bandwidth, large amounts of content uploading, and ad credit of up to $300. There is no cap that is placed on your creativity in using this site. Wix will even supply free templates to get you started.

Cons

The only thing that I had difficulty with is navigating some areas of the page. Since there is so much that is offered through this platform, they do their best to simply the whole process and even walk you through it, some parts can be overwhelming and may take time to learn, but with a bit of practice you can learn the page navigation like the back of your own hand!

Reasons for switching to Wix

I switched from Shopify due to the fact that I was rushed to buy into their plan. I was more comfortable in working on a platform (Wix) that won't try and push me to dish out money before I am familiar with the software.

Robinson