• Pros

• "It's easy to use and customizable. Looks good, feels nice to use and looks great on the mobile"

• "It is very robust with no down time. Ease of use. "

• "easy to use, great built in SEO functionality, super awesome support~!"

• Cons

• "Some of the functions on the back end are not intuitive but a quick email to the support team solved the issue everytime - quickly and efficiently."

• "it takes a bit of money to upgrade to newer more advanced versions, but it keeps you honest and moving forward~!"

• "I wish X-Cart had more modern templates out of the box but it looks like they offer that as a custom solution if needed."

Browse X-Cart Reviews

X-Cart is a fast, feature rich, dependable shopping cart!

Pros

Qualiteam X-Cart is a fast, feature rich, dependable shopping cart that our company has been using since 2010. I highly recommend for any company looking to get into E-commerce. Some development knowledge maybe required for more difficult tasks, but X-cart offers technical support plans that will suit your business needs. The come out with updated versions over the shopping cart, and provide security patches in a timely fashion.

Bryan from Crafted Treasurez

A Nice Platform that is Scalable

Pros

One of the things that I liked the most about this software was that it offers a Community Edition in addition to paid versions. I found this to be an important offering as it allows a startup business to gain a foothold into their market so that they can grow their capital to a point where they can purchase other suitable tiers and features that improve the efficiency of their online business.

Cons

One of the things that I like the least about this software is that updates have a tendency of breaking even vanilla installs of X-Cart. While it is a good practice to backup the files and database prior to updating any piece of the software, persistant breakage due to updates tend to serve as a deterent creates bigger security issues.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

I chose X-cart over the rivals because the front-end and back-end of the software had a better flow with regards to creating products and pages that also made the process of bringing the website to a live state faster.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied October 2019

Hi Bryan, Thanks for sharing your feedback, we appreciate that! Regarding the upgrade issues, we work really hard on improving the updates system, it would be great if we could investigate the issue but I guess it's irrelevant now. (I can see you reported an issue back in July) Anyway, with any small question or issue, please feel free to contact us, we're there 24/7 to give a hand. Have a nice day! Please do

Matthew from Gear Focus

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Ransom-ware Stay Away

Hence the title of this review They will real you in and hold you hostage as much as they can. It took over a month just to set-up a testing dev environment. Support is often clueless of issues and communication is very poor.

Pros

I thought based on how they market their product that we would have a solid MVP for our business. Nope.

Cons

Their software is NOT 100% mobile friendly as they claim. Only the front end is for shoppers and not for sellers in a multi-vendor platform like they market. They simply don’t care what you say and standard features and issues are not resolved. They respond almost every time with “ This can be fixed or improved through the bounds of custom development.”

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

We chose X-Cart based on the features they say are included on their website under pricing packages. Only to find out the things like “Advanced Blog system” couldn’t be further from the truth. You can’t even use the most popular Wordpress plugins in their theme. So no Yoast SEO, no open graph images, and the list goes on and on. Choosing X-Cart for a multi-vendor platform is the worst decision you could make.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied July 2020

Hello Matthew! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, we appreciate you being open with us! Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. We are eager to make things work, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns, we are here for you 24/7.

John from Great Western Microsystems Limited TA TheDebugStore.com

Industry: Wholesale

Why X-Cart?

My company needs to constantly streamline its workflows, to minimise manual input and automatically check details, such as EU VAT numbers. X-Cart v4 has suited my business well, and I will shortly be running my business on X-Cart v5. I cannot wait to start using its enhanced features.

Pros

X-Cart is packed full of features and its new templates offer the user a range of modern and traditional themes. In particular, X-Cart is flexible to meet my specific needs. Almost limitless changes are possible. Version 5 of X-Cart is particularly suitable for integrating into other software systems. I use the Zoho One business suite for processing my orders and inventory and the two systems integrate well. I have been using X-Cart version 4 for many years and I have been particularly impressed by its ability to be customised. Changes are relatively simple to make. There is a huge marketplace of additional modules available for X-Cart and I have made full use of these. I also decided to have X-Cart hosted by X-Cart. This was a very good decision. Previously, I was running on a dedicated server but its performance on the X-Cart virtual server was significantly faster. Furthermore, the support guys at X-Cart know what server settings will allow the site to run as fast as possible. They have also been proactive at fixing issues and offering enhancements as they arise, as part of the contract. Previously, I wasted hours with our old hosting support company and X-Cart tech support sorting out issues. The best part about the new hosting was that is far less expensive than the previous arrangement.

Cons

I have chosen to migrate from X-Cart v4 to v5. V5 has been designed to integrate well with other software platforms, unlike V4, which is limited. I do not regret choosing v4 some years ago, but v5 opens up a new world of possibilities.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

Reading reviews, it seemed that Magento was a massive beast and complex to made changes to. It was also going to be more expensive to implement.

Reasons for Switching to X-Cart

I found the system inflexible and unreliable and my store at the time only had 1,000 different items, but it struggled to cope with them.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied September 2019

Hi John, Thanks for giving us a 5-star and for being a loyal customer for over 5 years! BTW, John, our team are at eCommerce EXPO in London now, should you be there, please come by at stand N59, they'll be glad to see you! Or contact them by email to schedule a personal meeting.

Jonathan from Joe's Gold Company

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great e-commerce software with constant updates and plenty of additional addons

Overall I really love the software, just trying to create work-a-rounds for the few issues we are having until something more permanent comes along; either from the developers or a better addon.

Pros

Has many great options like product variants and options. as well as extended functionality with available addons.

Cons

Connection to facebook store is very limited, only seems to export the first product variant or option in the feed file. For example we sell jewelry and we have options for ring size, metal type and sometimes a few other custom options; the feed file only shows up in facebook products with ring size and no other options available.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

I loved the extended selection of options and addons that are available. Just wish some of the more simple addons were not so expensive and/or included in the business edition.

Reasons for Switching to X-Cart

More limited options and visual appeal in our customers opinion.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied September 2019

Hi Jonathan, Thanks for sharing your feedback, it's nice to hear you like our software! Regarding the Facebook feed, it can be tricky to set up, can you possibly contact our support team at support@x-cart.com ? They will do their best to find a solution, seems like they can fix it. Have a great week!

Pedro from Temando Pty Lda

Good value for the money.

Overall its a great product for the money. Free version if great. The business version is perfect for the money. Multivendor license is overpriced. The ultimate is crazy-expensive for what it offers.

Pros

Lots of bundles included that makes life easier. Themes are slick as the "Crispy" one. It's nice and easy to customize. It has lots of out of the box functionality and tons of extra free (complete) addons that suites from payment to fulfillment. A free version is definitely a great option for startups with low budget.

Cons

Some extra addons should be included in the business license. Look & Feel -> Custom CSS & JS (Implemented by addition of "Thema tweaker") addon does NOT work if you are linking external sources despite the fact they say it does. That is why we created our own module to do that ( Custom Header Assets ). The cache implementation they have causes lots of issues in linux servers. I would suggest to setup an option in the backend where the cache could be disabled if the site owner do not want to use the cache.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

Value for what its include in the business license.

Reasons for Switching to X-Cart

I have dealt with X-Cart in the past and I was ready to make the switch for the latest version.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied September 2019

Hi Pedro, Thanks a lot for your thorough review! First of all, it's nice to hear you find X-Cart easy to customize! We have a whole team making sure it stays so. :) Also, I have forwarded the description of the issues with Custom CSS & JS and with the cache implementation to the technical team for investigation. They will contact you soon for the details. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact customer support by phone, in chat or by email (support@x-cart.com). Have a great day! :)

Richard from Salepriced.net

Xcart amazing

Running my ecommerce shop has never been easier. Installation on my server was a snap. Customizations are so simple with the features embedded into the software. Plugins are plentiful in the market.

Pros

Easy to setup, customize, and has tons of plugins in the market

Cons

Cost of custom templates and themes are a slight bit expensive.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

It is the complete package, the market is full of plugins and Xcart support is the real deal, always there to help and they go above and beyond the call of duty!

Reasons for Switching to X-Cart

Just to complicated and not anywhere as affordable and complete as Xcart is.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied October 2019

Hi Richard, Thanks a lot for giving us feedback, these are very kind words you wrote and we appreciate your attitude. Have a great day!

Thea from BarnOmbord

New website and bookingsystemet

We have previously used x-cart to do smaller projects on our old website. Now when we went for a new website and designed new booking system witof they were our first choice, because I know they would deliver. Great and fast customer service. They made all my thoughts and wishes for my website+Bookingsystem into reality. The result was even better then what I could hope for. They deliver on all the deadlines and they solve my issues and handle my questions almost around the clock. Meetings are being at times that fit me, even for Norwegian times. The customer service is on point, they really score high on everything that matters. It has been a really positive experience working with X-cart. I'm looking forward to working with them for years to come

Pros

Easy to understand the backend, and adding products, downloading reports or checking daily sales directly in the backend.

Cons

Nothing to add since X-cart customized the design after my needs

Reasons for Switching to X-Cart

With X-Cart I have everything in one place (hosting), fast customer service when needed

Response from Qualiteam

Replied March 2020

Hi Thea, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We always strive to deliver more and we value your opinion.

Aiden from Orchard Equestrian Ltd

X-Cart Software

Been using this software for years and it has proved to be a good companion to our business

Pros

It is very robust with no down time. Ease of use.

Cons

Sometimes hard to upgrade modules but moving to x-cart 5 and I believe it is more user friendly

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

Familiarity rather than moving to a new platform

Response from Qualiteam

Replied May 2020

Thank you Aiden for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you'll enjoy X-Cart 5 even more than X-Cart 4!

X-cart is a Great Solution For Some

Xcart is as good as you are willing to invest into it. But there are many easier solutions out there. That isn't yo say that X-cart is not a fully featured shopping cart website solution. It is.

Pros

X-Cart by qualiteam offers a stand alone shopping cart that can make your business successful online. It is fast for things like checkout, administration, and order fulfillment. What you are given is an unlimited license with the purchase , there are no monthly fees unless you want support. The X-cart itself is feature rich and offers all the little features that a starting company needs. If you don't find what you need with the standalone cart X-cart had an add-on market where you can purchase various applications to make the store better like cart abandonment, integrations for email, shopping feeds, different design templates which are fairly decent. Setting up the store is easy just follow their installation guide.

Cons

Xcart did require a lot of customization to make it work for our business looking to streamline daily tasks for shipping and order fulfillment, and changes on the client side with many extensive design changes. X-cart is a good solution for those who like to do their own development. Setup the store, and do some coding for front and back end. At least that is how it was before. The default Xcart template is fairly basic so if you would want to modify it you will need some html, javascript and php knowledge. And it could get fairly expensive if you pay other to do it because there aren't that many xcart developers left. Like I said they offer paid technical support and customization, hosting and other services like design. Would be great if you didn't need any of these and could do without because it costs money. The support is good if you are patient and explain what you need.

Paul from The Meteorite Exchange, Inc.

X-Cart 4 Review

Since 2007 I've had nothing but positive experiences with the X-Cart staff. I recently upgraded to the newest version of X-Cart 4 and found a bug. In just a couple of days it was identified and fixed. My contact person was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I couldn't have asked for better customer service. This bug affected one of our custom modifications and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful and patient, he also provided information that allowed us to tweak our custom modification so it functioned as before.

Pros

We've been using X-Cart 4 since 2007 and the most important features are it's stability, security, and ease of customization to suit our unique needs. In 13 years of use, our online store has never had any downtime due to an issue with the X-Cart 4 software. Most of our products are unique one of a kind individual items which require perfect inventory control. X-Cart 4 has maintained perfect in stock and out of stock records. There is nothing worse than having a good customer spend an hour deciding on an item before ordering it and then to find out it's not in stock. When this has happened it's been our own fault. The flexibility and ease of customization of X-Cart 4 has allowed us to dominate our niche market in rankings and customer satisfaction.

Cons

One negative for us with X-Cart 4 is that the company puts most of it's effort into the newer X-Cart 5. This may be a negative for us but it's good for most new users. X-Cart 4 is still actively maintained with regular updates which do include some new features so users like us with heavily modified X-Cart 4 installations are still taken care of.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied September 2020

Thank you, Paul, for sharing your feedback! We are blessed to have such loyal customers!

Peggy from Hole Cutter Store

Best e-Commerce Shopping Cart for your money

Pros

My company has used X-cart software since 2005. At the time, we knew nothing about php or smarty technology, but it was very easy to understand and modify as desired. For a small company with IT experience, we can configure and upgrade the software ourselves, without having to hire IT personnel. There is an extensive, knowledgeable forum community that readily describe and document their own experiences, problems, fixes, etc on the shopping cart. Members readily share what works, and what does not work. Often one member is able to answer the question from another member. Additionally, for companies without IT experience to do X-cart upgrades and maintenance, many companies, as well as X-cart, offer those services. X-cart provides all the functions and features needed by my company, and many features we don't need, but it is wonderful to see they keep current with the latest levels of Mysql, PHP, PCI compliant payment gateways. The few times we have needed X-cart support, they have always responded quickly and resolved the issue or answered the question. There are many e-commerce shopping cart software packages available today. Many have a 'monthly' usage charge or have a 'block box' interface, where you can not do any of your own customization if needed, and have to pay for any modifications. What I like most about X-cart is that once we purchased the license in 2005, I can use the software on my server without any additional fees.

Cons

We have NO Cons for X-cart - The software provides everything we need.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

In addition to the extensive forum community for X-cart, and the functions/features available with the software, the two main reasons for choosing X-cart were 1) we wanted a product where we bought the license outright, and had no monthly fees. X-cart has always operated as a user license without monthly fee product. 2) we could customize the product ourselves. The software did not have a'black box', non-source implementation.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied August 2020

Hello Peggy! We are happy to hear your kind words and even more so to have you as a loyal customer for 15 years! Happy selling with X-Cart and feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns, 24/7.

Rob from Misty Pines Pet Company

Best Cart Software. Period.

My experience with X-Cart has been great from day one. They never fail to deliver and if you have an issue they are prompt in helping you.

Pros

The ease of use and set up are the best qualities of X-Cart aside from they're impeccable customer service. I've been using X-Cart for almost 20 years on multiple projects and every client has liked the straight forward way they back end is laid out and how easy it is to manage they're inventory, add new items and receive and track orders after I'm out of the picture.

Cons

Upgrading can sometimes cause issues, which is unfortunate because they're upgrades are typically packed with new features and useful renovations. X-Cart offers to upgrade for you but it can be expensive. Through the years I have found that they will often times help you through the process for free though, which is awesome. I've never not been able to upgrade myself although I have on occasion had to ask them for help.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

X-Cart is the total package. There is no other software on the market that combines all of the features that X-Cart does at the price level that they hit. To get this type of software you typically have to have a monthly subscription, but with X-Cart; buy it, use it, love it. The end!

Response from Qualiteam

Replied October 2019

Hi Rob, It's great to hear you enjoy working with X-Cart! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and thanks for staying with us for such a long time. Should you have any questions or even doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us, we're always there for you!

Rebecca from Rugrats Flooring Inc

X-Cart 4 works great!

I have tried to switch to several other cart options; such as X-cart 5, Shopify etc but always come back to X-Cart 4 because it is so customizable and does everything and more then what I need. The layout is simple and straight forward to the customer. The back end is easy to train new employees how to use.

Pros

X-cart is highly customizable. I have been using this software for at least 5 years and can say that I have learned a lot about how the site is coded simply by using the product. It is very easy to use and I have been extremely happy with X-cart 4. The customer service is absolutely the best. I have never had a question go unanswered and is usually answered within hours. Any programming I have asked to have done is always done quickly and completely with great communication and follow up. I can not say enough about how good the technical service department is.

Cons

Due to the fact that X-Cart 4 is older and not like the new layout that has become popular it can be hard to find the right module that you want.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

This is what my programmer at the time suggested.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied March 2020

Hi Rebecca, Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide the best customer service possible and your feedback is very valuable! Feel free to contact us with any questions any time! As a side note, could you please also say a few words on how you liked X-Cart 5 and why you choose X-Cart 4 over it? We appreciate honest feedback.

Jason from Famous Stages

Xcart is one of the best e-commerce software in the industry

Our website pages always rank high and achieved page 1 ranking in google in a very quick/short time since we used the SEO features of the software. This resulted to increased sales out of organic searches done by our customers.

Pros

It's the most user-friendly, admin-friendly as well as the most SEO-equipped software in the market for e-commerce. We used this software with ease and we were able to develop our site out of Shopsite. It is not only better than Shopsite but it is also at par with Drupal Commerce. E-commerce functionality is very secured and xcart tech support is secured as well. Technical support is great and very polite and helpful as well as quick and excellent in service.

Cons

The free Xcart License version has limited features (of course its understandable because it is free. The bookable module in the business license version also has limited functionalities.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

Xcart's easy to use and configure.

Reasons for Switching to X-Cart

We want a software that is easy to use, and we can also easily configure SEO functionalities.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied January 2020

Hi Nevill, Great to have the feedback from you, we appreciate your in-depth review! Should you have any questions, we're always there for you, 24/7. Regards, Nastya

william from Graham Custom Truck Accessories, LLC

You can take the man out of XCART, but you can't take XCART out of the man~!

SEO I think is the key for me with XCART. other developers have tried to convince me that I need to switch to a more 'user friendly' software, but I have absolutely no reason to start messing around with that. I get great tech support from XCART and love working with their reps.

Pros

easy to use, great built in SEO functionality, super awesome support~!

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

it's never done me wrong, no need to change

Response from Qualiteam

Replied November 2019

Hi William, Thanks a million for giving us a review! Should you have any questions, concerns or just would like to chat with our team, you know where to find us. ;) Chat, phone, email, HelpDesk - just in case. :)

Bob from Lumbi

Shopping Cart Workhorse

Great experience overall. On the odd occasion when an issue has occurred (usually because of me or the hosting company, xcart has been there to help and get us going.

Pros

Stable and easy to use platform with lots of useful modules and support scaleable to your needs when you need it. I'v used xcart for about 10 years through a number of generations of shopping cart software and mostly taken a diy approach with assistance when needed. If you like this type of flexibility, you'll like xcart.

Cons

Upgrades and updates can sometimes be difficult, but this depends on how often you update and your own skill level dealing with shopping cart software generally.

Reasons for Switching to X-Cart

Additional functionality, stability and support.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied June 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it! Please remember we're always one email away from you, feel free to contact us any time you have a question or need assistance.

Jovan from Information Technology

Industry: Computer Hardware

Great staff

It is reliable, fast, secure. My clients easy to find what they need.

Pros

There is a lot of functions and features that I like in X-cart

Cons

Everything, I like userfriendly, easy and fast editing..translations.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

Coz it was super easy to work with and so user-friendly

Response from Qualiteam

Replied October 2019

Hi Jovan, Thanks for giving us a positive feedback! As always, feel free to contact us anywhere and anytime! :)

Scott from Three Custom Color Specialists, Inc.

Industry: Cosmetics

Long Time x-cart user

Everyone has been great to work with. Efficient, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with! Our primary contact/project manager took the time to get to know our business and our site in detail which was incredibly helpful and creating our new online presence!

Pros

We have been using this platform for many years. This year we decided to update our site to the latest version. The migration of our images and databases was almost seamless and required very little tweaking.

Cons

Response from Qualiteam

Replied July 2020

Thank you for rating our work so high, we appreciate your loyalty! Please always feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns, we are here for you 24/7.

Sushil from Complete Solutions

Industry: Computer Hardware

setting your ecommerce store without having any coding experience

it seems to have all the features even if it is B2B or B2C ecommerce store

Pros

I just started using x-cart one month back and i am amazed it is so easy to setup, I am moving my website from Magento 2 although there are few features which are missing in Localization. overall it is wonderful the type of features they have

Cons

Localization there are few things which seems missing or I am not aware of other features

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

ownership, freedom to choose, feature rich and scalable

Reasons for Switching to X-Cart

it was very difficult to handle Magento because I don't have technical background

Response from Qualiteam

Replied October 2019

Hi Sushil, Thank you for letting us know your opinion, we value it greatly! I'm pleased to see you chose X-Cart over another platform. But what exactly do you lack in localization? Could you please send your request to support@x-cart.com ? I'm pretty sure we can figure this out together. Looking forward to hearing from you, Nastya

Tatiana from The Soul of Ukraine International Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

World class luxury product

We use X-Cart in a unique niche - collecting donations. However, for the full implementation of the charity projects, we have to issue a special newsletter with hand-to-hand distribution.

Pros

The user always has questions. But technical support of X-Cart solves all problems almost instantly.

Cons

We have been users of X-Cart product since 2006. We did not meet anything better.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

Product of exceptional quality. All flaws are immediately solved by a well-organized technical support group.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied May 2020

Tatiana, thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your kind words and even more so your loyalty! Thanks for staying with us all these years!

Siddharth from Wheel and Barrow

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Business Model- Xcart

We have set up 3 e-commerce stores on Xcart and it is very robust and dev in one can be easily carried across other.

Pros

- Support service - Robustness - Speed -back end admin panel is easy to use

Cons

-need some general add ons that are readily available in some other options

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

Business model, Cost effective.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied February 2020

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate you choosing X-Cart for your multiple projects! If any questions, please feel free to reach out anytime, we're there 24/7.

Katarina from Obrnuta faza doo

Obrnuta faza loves X-cart!

Pros

Easy to use, great technical support, good offers and discounts.

Cons

needs developer knowledge to implement new buttons.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

First impression, X-cart looked super easy to implement, design is good and communication was super great from start.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied March 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Feel free to contact us anytime!

Brien from tapeplanet.com

Very Stable Shopping Cart

It is a Cheaper shopping cart solutions that does everything we need.

Pros

You can try before you buy. Software is very stable have it has never crashed after updating it.

Cons

The addons i am looking for are not available right now.

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

Xcart is stable it is and it hard to mess it up like we have magento.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied October 2019

Hi Brien, Thanks a lot for your comments! We have a whole team polishing the upgrade system, I'll make sure to let them know you are pleased with the stability. They'll be happy to hear that! What about the usability, though? How easy was it for you to upgrade? Regarding the addons, what feature(s) are you looking for? Please let us know at support@x-cart.com , I'm sure we can figure this out.

ROBERT from Cool Stick Lacrosse

Industry: Sporting Goods

XCART IS AWESOME!!!

Pros

EASE OF USE!!! FUNCTIONALITY! LAYOUT, PRODUCT PRESENTATION EASE OF SET UP, CHANGES & LAYOUT. ATTENTIVENESS OF HELP DESK AND FOLLOWUP.

Cons

I CAN'T THINK OF ANY. XCart is easy to use!

Response from Qualiteam

Replied March 2020

Hi Robert, Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, we appreciate your opinion! Feel free to contact us with any questions anytime.

doug from vs athletics

Industry: Sporting Goods

Very flexible

Pros

v4 software is very flexible and they maintain it well for existing customers. v5 is good and easy to setup.

Cons

v4 needs more skins available. Upgrade process is tedious but they fix bugs fast.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied September 2019

Hi Doug, Thanks a lot for the feedback, we try to always keep up! :) Thanks for staying with us for 6+ years!

Ian from Widdowsons Ltd

Very Adaptable

Pros

Great Tech Support They can modify the software to your needs Simple to use

Cons

Couldn't think of any cons for our uses.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied January 2020

Hi Ian, Thank you very much for your feedback, we are glad to hear X-Cart fits your business needs. With any questions, please contact us anytime, we're always ready to lend a hand! Regards, Nastya

Jacob from RC ModelMadness

Industry: Wholesale

Long term user of Xcart

Pros

Its very flexible , easy to use and to work with, products are added in a flash

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that is negative

Response from Qualiteam

Replied October 2019

Hi Jacob! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and it's a special pleasure to receive it from you! Thanks for being with us for such a long time!

jacques from Shiny Sunshine

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

X-cart 5

I have been using the software for a long time, and did not find better for the moment.

Pros

Very easy to use and always new features that comes along.

Cons

Only a few free themes comes with your software.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied March 2020

Thanks a lot for your feedback, we appreciate it!

Sergey from E-commerce

Best shopping cart solution to build e-commerce websites

Pros

Easy install, maintain, develop, and upgrade.

Cons

It requires you to be tech savvy to set up your server environment to meet all the X-Cart requirements

Response from Qualiteam

Replied April 2020

Thanks Sergey, we appreciate your loyalty! ;)

Thomas from Alice-Aliya (Canada) Inc.

Excellent E-Commerce Shopping Cart

Pros

I like the theme and the ease of use as well as the modulds alongwith.

Cons

Very nice theme and ease of ease. Technical support also very good.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied October 2020

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Thomas!

Robert from TopSpeed LLC

Desirable

Have used support a few times and they seem pretty good with communication and support. I have no issues with the software

Pros

Cons

At first i thought it was resource intensive but I was wrong. No cons

Reasons for Choosing X-Cart

More proffesional, better support and easy to customize

more professional software

Response from Qualiteam

Replied October 2019

Hi Robert, Thanks for your kind words, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! I especially liked the 'no cons' part of it. :) It's awesome that you like X-Cart and hope you never regret the decision to choose X-Cart. With any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact our customer care team in any convenient way.

Benjamin from YourGuard Ltd

Used Prestashop, Opencart, Oscommerce. Chose X-cart 5

I used Prestashop, Opencart, Oscommerce in past. Now working with X-cart 5 running in cloud. The best thing from my point of view is the ability to highly customize the cart to my needs and in case if something goes wrong, their support can help really quick. Great service. I will stay with X-cart for sure :)

Pros

24/7 support that rocks ability to highly customize reasonable pricing

Cons

You have to pay for support A bit complex when you start working on the code changes

A decent platform for the price

Pros

We loved having a lot of data at disposal. Being able to track sales trends and orders was a breeze. Cost seemed great for all the functionality.

Cons

Had some integration issues once we switched over to a different production software which caused some down time on our site.

Geoffrey from Hessel Brothers

Industry: Information Services

Very cost-effective

I'm using X-Cart 5 + their Enterprise hosting for our site. It turned out to be times cheaper and faster than Magento. I do recommend it.

Pros

- Lightning fast software and hosting - Still open source - 24/7 customer care - Times cheaper than Magento

Kevin from Brandaisy

All support costs money. Be careful

X Cart started as a great bit of software back in 1999. Now, their V5 is really poor. They also don't understand they need to support their paying users. The software is really expensive, so you expect support. They are happy to support but drag out the issues, charge you as much as they can and don't try to help. Very rude.

Pros

The software used to be good but I think over time with less sales it's not getting the attention it needs.

Cons

They dont have anyone that understand support. Every question costs you money and they waste time to make things even more expensive. They are unwilling to help fix issues when it is clearly their software's fault. They used to be a good company. Don't touch them now unless you want problems.

X Cart is a best opensource shopping cart.

I have been using X Cart for the last one year. This is a best shopping cart that I have ever used. Thank you all behind this product.

Pros

X Cart is best open source shopping cart in php. It is well structured and order management is well advanced.Its payment is easy and well secured. Even if you need some coding background to set up your shopping cart, its installation and maintenance is very easy. Also design changes is very easy for those who are with a little coding skill.

Cons

Even if installation and maintenance is easy, for a non-technical person x cart will be quite difficult. That is to install and set up you need a little knowledge in html.

Jaroslaw Bartosz from Yaro Services LDN Ltd

Industry: International Trade and Development

During the Holiday Sale...

Overall excellent experience, particularly communication with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

I liked the installation process, often one-click execution and few other bits the readers should check out themselves :)

Cons

I enjoyed most of the software features apart from some rare glitches while updating add-ons which are sound & stable now (however this could have appeared due to unstable network problems).

Response from Qualiteam

Replied January 2020

Hi Jaroslaw, Great to have you on board! With any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime! We're available in chat, by email, by phone and in HelpDesk 24/7. Looking forward to growing together!

Sean from dotado™ apparel

Gave me more control over every aspect of my business

I love the fact that if I need help the x-cart team will be there.

Pros

I like that I have a better insight into search terms and access to inventory.

Cons

I wish the inventory feed would include inventory data.

Response from Qualiteam

Replied September 2019

Hi Sean, Thanks a lot for your honest review, we do appreciate it! Regarding the inventory data - which of it does the feed lack? Could you please describe that to our customer service in chat or by email (support@x-cart.com)? They'll be sure to help you out.

Joe from Joe's Albums

Inferior product at top shelf pricing. Claims of 24/7 support at higher level pricing are bogus.

Pros

Mostly does its job I suppose. Has a lot of functionality if you want to pay extra for each option.

Cons

Charge too much for lack of support and features. All options (modules). Are more $. Additional charges every year to keep a version up to date. MUCH better options available that will be less expensive in the long run.

Jane from Gravity Station

Clunky, Generic, Not Intuitive

I've used X-Cart for years, then it just got to be too annoying to explain to customers who were going to manage their own site. It's very hard to use, takes a long time to find how to do simple tasks, even for a developer. As a developer, it's not very flexible when it comes to coding, and does tend to take up a too much valuable time to configure and set up. For years they would just keep building on top of what they already had, new code sprinkled over the old code, making it so you have tons of files to customize and way too bloated. And forget about upgrading, it's a major pain having to download the files, upload them (and in a specific order, if you miss a few upgrades) and there are always issues with the site after upgrades are performed. Customer service is not free -- you can't simply email them with a question, you have to pay for it, and they always try to sell you coding on top of that, rather than just tell you what you need to do (even though you're already paying for their attention) and they take too long to respond. I think they are located in Russia, but even then, they take so long to get back to you with anything useful, and it ends up being a lot of back and forth just trying to explain what you're asking... The whole experience ends up being too costly, and the software is too monotonous and stressful to use.

Pros

It worked.

Cons

Hard to use, upgrade, manage, and impossible to get reliable support.

December 2015

Robert from AirDroppedSupplies.com

December 2015

You need X-Cart like you need a hole in your head!

We had been running X-Cart for 3 years. Had to close our store because we had nothing but problems with X-Cart. Lots of integrity issues, Google said the Mobile Module has lots of issues such as the buttons being to closes to each other and gave it a very low ranking. X-Cart Tech Department told us to stop using the Refine Filters and Infinite Scroll Modules as they have issues. I highly suggest you don't invest a dime in X-Cart software. We had full Tech Support and they could not fix the issues. Some issues they said were not covered by Tech Support and wanted us to pay a ton of money to fix them. X-Cart Techs will blame 3/4 of the issues on your server host and try to get you to switch to their hosting. In most cases you will turn in a Tech Support request and get an e-mail within the following couple days saying they need more info to work on the issue. It does not matter how detail you make your request. We had some support request handed to personal that were heading out of the office on vacation. Over all experience with X-Cart was a nightmare each day.

Used them for a client's shopping cart. Lots of features and flexibility but not easy to understand.

Pros

Really liked that you could create custom pages easily. Just about any feature you could ask for is available BUT there were lots of upcharges for custom work or modules.

Cons

As mentioned in the pros, anything you could want in a shopping cart is available but there were upcharges for lots of features. The template system was hard to customize and ran into many roadblocks that the support team agreed couldn't be done without custom work on their part.

Joseph from JAffiliate Limited

Good all round service

Good customer service and directness and expertise as well all round when using the X-Cart team

Pros

The functionality and organisation of the interface and menu and good customer service

Cons

the problems I encounter can get me down but the solution comes and they disappear.

The backlinks were 0 on my site

Response from Qualiteam

Replied July 2020

Hi Joseph, thanks for giving us a 10/10 rate! We are always here to help, feel free to contact support@x-cart.com, should any issue or question come up.

June 2016

Andrew from OMB Warehouse

Industry: Warehousing

June 2016

Lawrence from Infusions

Great bit of software and ticks the boxes for what you need.

Pros

A good eCommerce platform to get started with... and does what you need and has the function to setup a good online shop.

Cons

UI isn't as nice as other platforms out there and I found it to be a little buggy at times. which isn't great.

Great out-of-the-box solution but not the easiest or prettiest to ue

Pros

Love that it's pretty much set up to work out of the box and that it has the ability to integrate with tons of website platforms.

Cons

Although it's meant to be a ready-to-go solution, it's not as easy to manage and set up as you'd think. There are quite a few technical things that most people just can't manage.

January 2013

Alex from QTMSOFT

January 2013

Just does the job as a shopping cart

Allow the vendor to install it for you initially

Pros

Has everything from the very beginning, but extensions are available, too.

Cons

You need to have some HTML skills