• Pros

• "The features were great - especially for the price. Customer support was excellent. "

• "Ease of use, particularly loading document collections and running document productions; FANTASTIC support for the rare times I'm unable to troubleshoot issues myself"

• "What attracted me most to this software was the all-in-one feature of processing data without the requirement of purchasing additional software."

• Cons

• "There is somewhat of a learning curve to the use of the platform, but it is certainly manageable."

• "I have no major complaints! We were very happy with the software! "

• "The TAR is not the industry-wide utilized TAR 2.0, but rather an algorithm written by Digital WarRoom, called GIST."

Browse Digital WarRoom Reviews

Melissa from Stone Pigman Walther Wittmann L.L.C.

Great product, I would highly recommend for the cost!

We have been using the software for over five years. It's been a great experience. Digital WarRoom support staff and developers have always been very helpful and eager and very responsive to assist with any of our firm's needs.

Pros

Digital WarRoom is very inexpensive compared to other products we have looked at and is just as robost as most others. We are able to utilize this software from the beginning review process of data on to the production phase with ease. The software allows output with proper load files and able to export in multiple image formats as single page tiff, multi page tiff or multi page pdfs without issue.

Cons

RDP connection to access the software throws some users off but has not been an issue overall and allows for a more secure connection.

John from RSM US LLP

In House Counsel - perfect fit for our operations

very positive / excellent.

Pros

Relativity was overkill for our needs. Hosted Relativity had way too slow of a document to document review speed. Bringing Relativity behind our firewalls was overkill and too expensive up front as well as to maintain. Digital WarRoom is the perfect fit for our operations as they stand now. The customer service is unparralled. It's very difficult, if not impossible, to get this kind of consultative expertise from vendors without getting charged an arm and a leg. The RDP connection to a remote server works much better for us than browser based review tools, or the maintenance involved in review platforms that get installed behind your own firewall. Overall, a very positive experience.

Cons

If LFN (Long file names / paths) exceed 256, there are some problems massaging these long pathways into processing console that only a Nuix type setup can resolve. There's a few other features that leave room for improvement or something to be desired, but overall, the product and level of service is excellent, particularly in light of the price tag.

Reasons for Choosing Digital WarRoom

Recommind (& Catalyst pre OpenText purchase), Concordance, Relativitiy, CS Disco, LogikCull, MicroSoft 0365 eDiscovery console under Security & Compliance, ZDiscovery suite, Eclipse, Cloud9, etc.

March 2016

Steven from Freeport Mining

March 2016

We replaced three different platforms with Digital WarRoom Private Coud

We first brought DWR in house to replace 3 different systems for processing, ECA and document review. Once we realized we could add outside counsel easily to hosted solution we where able to replace most our relativity hosting bills as well. Pros: our users find it as easy to use as outlook. Supper cheap to add more storage ~$0.50/gig/month. Cons: there is no good way to add /manage transcripts

Response from Digital WarRoom

Replied March 2016

Thanks Steven for the great review! We are adding additional case management functionality including transcript management. We will reachout to you soon on its availability. -You DWR team

Esther from Foster Garvey

Why I love Digital WarRoom

We are more knowledgeable about the entire ediscovery process, partly because we had to learn it to run the software. DWR's staff are extremely knowledgeable, experienced, and willing to share information, so we learned from them. They assist our users quickly and resolve issues. I am more confident as a litigation support user. Our Digital WarRoom costs are low, so our clients like that they are not charged for storage, only for tech support. Overall, I love Digital WarRoom. That is my honest opinion.

Pros

Flexibility. I like Digital WarRoom's ease of use and flexibility. We can import PSTs, loose documents, and Concordance-style productions ourselves without waiting for a vendor to do it. DWR allows us to cull based on date range, file type, and keyword searches, and export reports that show the results. We can use these reports to negotiate search terms and date ranges. It is easy to create custom marks and issues for tagging. We run searches ourselves, and we can export reports and documents. We can produce Bates-numbered PDFs and also Concordance-style TIFFs with load files and metadata. The whole gamut.

Cons

There is a learning curve. With DWR we are doing what our ediscovery vendors were doing: checking our searches, making sure we are not producing privileged or duplicates of privileged documents, etc. DWR has built-in searches and checks; we just have to use them regularly and not wait until production time. Wish list: We would like multiple layouts for first pass, final pass, dep prep, and user-customized layouts. I wish we could produce searchable PDFs. Currently, we export the PDFs to our computers and use Acrobat to create searchable PDFs.

James from HMRP

DWR Pro: Excellent, Affordable e-Discovery Software

DWR Pro is shockingly affordable for the capability it offers, especially when compared to the often-inferior competition. DWR personnel are also very responsive to any technical issues we have had as heavy users of their software. DWR has even worked with us on several occasions to incorporate features we needed in DWR Pro software updates, and offered licensing arrangements that met our small business needs. We couldn't be happier with the company or their software.

Pros

I have been using DWR Pro since 2012. DWR Pro is either better than or on par with the most expensive e-discovery software you can find. My small firm handles document-intensive, complex civil litigation. DWR Pro meets all of our needs, and manages databases exceeding 1,000,000 documents with alacrity. DWR Pro puts high end e-discovery software within our reach, allowing us to effectively match the resources of the biggest defense firms. DWR Pro is great, and worth every penny.

Cons

DWR Pro could offer better de-duplication and email thread aggregation options for adverse productions. We spend a lot of time reviewing multiple iterations of the same document, especially when adverse parties don't properly structure their document productions. DWR Pro also needs a better OCR engine, but I understand that the newer version 9.1 addresses this. We have had other minor technical issues with our DWR Pro databases, but DWR support hops to it every time and helps us right away. No software is perfect, and at least DWR will work quickly to address any issues we have. It would also be nice to see some Technology Assisted Review options in DWR Pro to help us cut the chaff from giant adverse productions, even for an additional charge. Perhaps DWR Private Cloud is a good alternative for TAR.

Chandra from Harman Claytor Corrigan & Wellman

Industry: Law Practice

DWR System is perfect for what my firm requires!

I utilize this software on all of my firm's ESI projects. The cost-savings is paramount to our client relationships without sacrificing the necessity of conducting a thorough review of electronically stored information required by the rules or court.

Reasons for Choosing Digital WarRoom

Functionality and service

Best eDiscovery database I've used hands-down

Pros

Cons

Does not have a deposition transcript element similar to that of the older Summation iBlaze platform.

Kira from Law Office of Kira M. Rubel

Excellent product, highly recommend

I own a small firm and I used DWR for a complicated business dispute against a difficult adversary with significant resources. In spite of this imbalance, my small firm was able to keep pace every step of the way. Most importantly, the DWR team was incredibly responsive and supported my firm when we needed it. I can wholeheartedly recommend this product to other small (and large) firms!

Pros

Cons

I have no major complaints! We were very happy with the software!

Daniel from Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz

Intuitive Functionality and Excellent Customer Service

Pros

It is a very intuitive program. DWR replicate features of computer software programs that are very common and thus, provides a natural use. The program also does many of the obvious features (that other programs lack) and it does them automatically, without having to go through the process of selecting countless boxes.

Cons

There is not an option to print in bulk.

Brian from Finance

Great Platform

Very good, the tech support is helpful, even on nights/weekends

Pros

After reviewing several data sharing utilities we chose Digital War Room. It's very simple to use and intuitive.

Cons

There are some functions that aren't as intuitive as i'd like.

Lynne from SAP

Excellent hosted service did everything we needed to make our deadline ... priv log thumbs up

Pros

Intuitive flow, priv log management with redaction and clawback, opposing party production wizard

Cons

Need secure ftp to load documents - not just drag and drop. Digital WarRoom manages and issues log in ids.

Powerful platform backed by good people

Pros

Digital WarRoom provides a robust and secure platform for document review and production. Moreover, the folks running the company have been incredibly supportive of our legal non-profit, and have provided excellent customer service and support.