• Pros

• "I use this for creating legal holds. Easy to use and navigate through the system. Great tracking and integration with our systems."

• "Interface, functionality, and automation. Most drop down menu options are easy to locate and choose. "

• "In my experience, the thing that I like best about the Zapproved Software is its ease of use and the reception I get from the recipients."

• Cons

• "The application needs further development based on the continued use and application in the industry."

• "At times automated reports are delayed via email. Customizable report names via email as an option would be extremely beneficial."

• "There are additional functionalities that would be nice to have. For example, I would love for custodians to be able to view their interview responses without have to re-accept the hold...."

Browse Z-Discovery Reviews

Steve from Scripps Health

Zapproved Legal Hold Pro (LHP) / Digital Discovery Pro (DDP)

The initial business problem we solved was to automate and standardize legal hold / preservation notices. Having an audit trail of acknowledgement of the legal hold has been very beneficial. Our experience with ZDiscovery / Zapproved has been very positive from the software solution as well as the people at Zapproved. Very knowledgeable, professional, friendly and responsive to requests for training, assistance, and very good at listening and implementing suggestions from their user community, at least from our perspective.

Pros

Legal Hold Pro - Ease of use to set up and monitor matters. Auto-reminders to keep custodians apprised of their obligations. Virtual user group and webinars have proven to be very enlightening to learn how others are maximizing the use of Legal Hold Pro. Documentation is well written, very good visual illustrations of screens and how to use the various components of the system. Support has been responsive to questions. Zapproved listens to its customers' comments regarding experience and needs and implements as many and as soon as practical. Digital Discovery Pro - Pretty easy to use even for individuals who may not be as familiar or comfortable with technology. Learning curve was minimal and had users up and reviewing, analyzing and tagging information in fairly order.

Cons

Would appreciate more examples of best practices used by users of Legal Hold Pro. This is not a complaint about the product, just a benefit to help speed adoption and usefulness of the product. Very powerful functionality available in Legal Hold Pro. Taking advantage of others learnings and use cases is an effective and efficient way to deploy the solution. Digital Discovery Pro hasn't been of as much value simply because of the volume of data that we have and the way the model works. This has been an issue for us throughout our experience with the eDiscovery software solution for the middle portion of the EDRM cycle. Having to use other products for Preservation and Collection has also been a challenge for our organization.

Response from Zapproved

Replied February 2020

Steve, thanks so much for your thoughtful review! We've put a lot of work into keeping our documentation easy to use, as well as making sure we fully hear and understand customers' questions and concerns, so it's great to hear that our efforts are as useful as we want them to be. We're in the process of creating more resources regarding Legal Hold Pro best practice examples and use cases. Thanks for your continued support of Zapproved products!

Shelly from Sprint

Z-Discovery Review Legal Holds in the Corporate World

I issue several holds in Legal Hold Pro. I find this software very user friendly in creating the hold itself, and in adding custodians, but creating the hold is not my favorite part. I have times I need to find legal holds that relate to each other, or have the same custodians, or I may need to see how many holds are under one custodians name, Legal Hold Pro can do this. The reporting options are amazing. I really feel this is the key to the software. The fact that I can pull a hold report personalized to me with extreme detail showing all custodians, issue date, etc. this is so helpful in a sanity check for me. This help me to stay in-check with all my legal holds. I am not disappointed in the software at all. I really have not experienced any issues. I believe the software is only getting better with the new advancements being made and with the new perk of being able to see all holds even if you are not the owner of the hold is really nice. I understand the protection of not being able to edit someone else's hold and that is fine, but being able to see someone else's hold save so much time if you just need language or if you need to see custodians on the holds. This software push was a great idea! I truly like the tagging system. This so helps with knowing if the custodian is still and employee at the company or if the person is gone, if there is something special about this custodian that needs to be handled differently than other custodians, etc. this is very helpful.

Pros

I like the reports the software generates. The reports save time in trying in tracking your legal holds, custodians, tags, etc. I run a legal hold report every week to make sure I have not failed to release a hold, to see where I stand on how many holds I have at this time, and how old the holds are so I can follow up on the cases and see where we are on them. The reports help me so much to keep myself in check with what I have going on with my holds.

Cons

The least thing I have found about the software and I really had to think on this because I am not disappointed at all, is the font issues. Sometimes when you are working within the software itself the font will change differently then the sentence above so I have to be very careful that I watch the font and size of font but this is the only issue I have ever had.

Mike from McKesson

Limited use of software to date but seeing potential value.

Pros

Removes a number of "hops" in the process between identification and collection. This improves the user experience tremendously.

Cons

Still requires offline selection/tracking of targeted HD collection. Would like to see the automation of targeted folder selection.

Response from Zapproved

Replied January 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Zapproved is focused on expanding the cloud sources we collect from and advancing collection capabilities from the cloud-based respositories we currently integrate with, including: Office 365, Exchange, Gmail, OneDrive, Sharepoint and Box. For HD collections, we're focused on working with best-in-class partners to support our customers and will continue to expand our partner network. We currently partner closely with with Code42 - the leader in cloud-based endpoint data protection and recovery to easily apply preservation holds to custodian computers directly from Legal Hold Pro.

Tondre from NuStar Energy L.P.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Positive Review

My overall experince with ZDiscovery has been extremely positive. The entire company is extremely helpful and personable. They reach out to us time after time to ensure we are having a good experience and to help educate us on all aspects of the products. I couldn't be happier.

Pros

This software isn't intimidating. With some tools, you feel you need a week-long training session just to turn it on, but not with Zapproved. You are up and running within minutes, and you feel like a pro very quickly.

Cons

Some of the searching in LHP seems a bit cumbersome, but honestly, if I did it more often, I think I would feel differently.

Response from Zapproved

Replied February 2020

Thanks for the review, Tondre! We strive to get users comfortable with our software as quickly as possible. It's great to hear that you're able to hit the ground running with ZDiscovery - that's just what we're aiming for!

tonya from Ascension

Excellent Customer Service

This software makes it so much easier to manage our litigation holds. Our previous system was very old and tedious to manage. This system makes it much easier to manage custodians, holds and compliance rates.

Pros

I like the fact the system is very intuitive to use. It's almost like you have to try really hard to make a mistake. If you have basic computer skills anyone can navigate well in this site. The set up is logical and makes sense.

Cons

I don't have too man cons, but I wish there was an easier way to set up reports for multiple people. It can get very tedious setting up report. There needs to be a way to duplicate a report instead of starting from scratch.

Response from Zapproved

Replied January 2018

This is great feedback. Legal Hold Pro currently provides the option to assign a report subscription to multiple people. We'd love to better understand what you're looking for to help identify the best solution to meet your needs. Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to you!

Lori from Insurance and Investment Group

Legal Hold Pro is a Great Tool

My organization was managing legal holds with email and spreadsheets prior to implementing LHP. After viewing multiple vendors offering an automated legal hold tool, we chose LHP because of how easy it is to use.

Pros

Unlike many other legal hold offerings, LHP is incredibly user friendly and has so many features that work for us. The support team is highly responsive. I also love that the Zapproved team is constantly updating and improving the product.

Very user friendly

Pros

Response from Zapproved

Replied January 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Please always feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager with any questions or challenges.

Andrea from Southern California Edison

I administer legal holds for Southern California Edison.

Pros

I like the efficiency of the approach, and the great team of people who support it.

Cons

Response from Zapproved

Replied January 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We prioritize continual refinement, optimization and expansion of capabilities for our products and services, so please know we're getting better and better all the time to fit your needs.

Robert from Stallion Oilfield Holdings, Inc.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Necessity is the mother of invention, and this software is necessary.

Protecting the company from evidence spoliation claims.

Pros

Cons

In my experience, the thing that I like least about the Zapproved Software is that it is hard to alter templates.

Response from Zapproved

Replied January 2018

This is great feedback. We've pinged your Customer Success Manager to connect with you to discuss template management best practices.

Connie from Blue Cross of Idaho

Good.

Pros

Cons

Hidden buttons. There are functions and options in the gear icon that could be more easily and quickly accessed if they were on the main interface.

Response from Zapproved

Replied January 2018

This feedback is incredibly valuable to our User Experience Team. A Customer Success Manager will be in touch with you to gather more feedback on how we can improve the user interface to be more intuitive. Thank you for sharing!

Jered from Apptio

Good system that offers more than what we need.

Pros

We like the ease of use and streamline interface. The system is also very intuitive and clean for internal customers. We have never received any complaints about the system.

Cons

It is overkill for us. We are not able to extract enough value from the product because of low volume of litigation.

Response from Zapproved

Replied January 2018

Thank you for sharing, Jered! Many of our customers utilize Legal Hold Pro for use cases beyond managing legal holds. This includes leveraging the system to distribute and gather acknowledgement of policies or contracts such as employee handbooks or non-disclosure agreements. Your Customer Success Manager will be in touch to share other unique use cases to consider.

Thomas from Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great tool and even better support

Pros

Real time monitoring of Legal Holds and reporting/tagging functionality. Auto syncing of active director so all contacts stay up to date.

Sara from TransCanada Limited

Brief Review

These are awesome: ease of use; nice clean interface; reports. Would like to see if I can get an email from the system when the interview questions are complete or when the acceptances are complete.

Shannon from BCI

Legal Hold Pro is a great program!

Pros

Easy to use! Trainers are very knowledgeable and helpful. User friendly. Intuitive. Excellent program.