• Pros

• "Easy to use and no paperwork, all done on your phone."

• "It's easy to maneuver thru. Very easy to teach. "

• "Ease of use. User friendly. Support CSR and his Staff outstanding. I feel they have my back in any situation. It has been demonstrated in the past for me. "

• Cons

• "At first there were a few glitches but after everything got settled in it was very simple to use."

• "Uploading pictures can be challenging at times"

• "I am in area with poor reception up in mountains so inspections don't always get uploaded when closed"

Browse Safesite Reviews

FREE & FRIENDLY

Overall the apps were very helpful in terms of reporting any incident. That is the most of it we like because before this we had a problem that after-hours then the safety team will be notified with any incidents.

Pros

The interface on the web is clear which the management could see the overall status of our sites. We received a full report every day. Ease our internal accident report. Although it is free, most of the features can be used.

Cons

No phone notification sounds like maybe a "ding!" sound or whatever when someone lodges any report.

Reasons for Choosing Safesite

Easy to use and it is free.

Nicholas from Tofel Dent Construction

Safety Management System (Safesite)

Pros

One of the greatest attributes of the software is the metrics that the software provides. The Safety Management System (SMS) has the ability to track all inspections, observations, hazards, and meetings through the lifecycle of the project. The system allows metrics to be reviewed whether its last week's findings or for the last 6 months. This function gives teams the ability to analyze findings to perform a Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) trend analysis. With this trend analysis, teams can focus on key HSE issues.

Cons

One con is the ability to add points of contact (POC) automatically into their respected team/project. If the POC is invited to the project but doesn't follow the necessary onboarding steps, then the POC is never added to their respected team/project. This con leaves a gap in the hazard notification process to alert the respected POC that there is an issue that needs to be corrected.

Reasons for Choosing Safesite

Due to the metrics that the system tracks. We havent found or aren't familiar with other systems that provide these analytics.

Luke from Oakwood Homes LLC

Convenient & intuitive Safety Inspection app

My two biggest benefits with the app are first the convenience factor day to day, allowing me to perform safety inspections and document job risks being corrected in real time. Secondly, overall the app has been a very useful tool for our organization in our Safety Program, and the Safesite team has been great with taking feedback and making improvements to the product for our end use as their customer.

Pros

I use the Safesite app on the worksite to perform my weekly safety inspections. It is incredibly convenient and easy to perform safety inspections in real-time, document safe jobsite observations as well as risks that need to be corrected. The app is so much better and convenient than pen and paper safety forms that we used before in our Safety program. This tool has helped create a culture of safety within our organization and with our trade partners. This is a very important, and sometimes overlooked aspect of the home building industry.

Cons

The first versions of the app had some functionality issues, and navigation around risk/hazard observations was repetitive and little confusing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the Safesite team have done a number of updates to the app in the past year and the issues are gone. Functionality and layout on the app is much smoother with the current updates.

Brennan from Meritage Homes

Safesite App

Awesome, easy way to keep up with safety on a job site.

Pros

Easy to access in the field and on the go.

Cons

It's glitches I decent amount. Could be bad cell reception in the field but works well for the most part.

chris from Meritage Homes

Safesite review

Overall it is a great tool to get our Nashville division onboard with overall jobsite safety.

Pros

How user friendly it is, and whenever I have a question, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always quick to guide me through what I need.

Cons

The grades that are given do not seem to have any metric to them. I am the Nashville safety director, and I get a lot of questions from other construction managers about why they have a "D" rating for their community when they are always completing their inspections per week. I also often get a community that is put into the Nashville division, it is not hard to remove, however it does get somewhat annoying doing it every week.

Dennis from Meritage Homes

Safesite Android App Review

As a user, this reminds me to complete required inspections on a weekly basis. Support has been OK in the past (setup problems from long ago), however they have not been needed in about two years, so that speaks well to the robustness of the product.

Pros

Safesite as an application is fairly easy to use. The development team tends to update the product's (app) user interface with little warning, meaning that it changes in subtle ways from month to month.

Cons

Weekly reminders equivalent to "Hey! It's Wednesday! Have you checked your Safesite?". I walk my required inspections on Monday - check the report status before you send more unneeded spam to my cellular notification tray! Safety resource lookups like internal company policy or OSHA tabbed pages should be available on a question-by-question (for targeted inspections) basis for reference.

Rick from Meritage Homes

Satisfied customer

Great experience and I would recommend it to others in my field.

Pros

Safesite is an easy to use app. It gets the information out in timely manner and is very helpful in communicating with our trades.

Cons

Sometimes when using the "meeting" function it can be slow to respond and confusing.

George from Maritage Homes

Great software

Overall I have had a great experience with Safesite. I love the email reminders, and how easy it is to use.

Pros

I like the availability of having it on you phone or tablet, enabling us to have it on the site with us at all times. This gives us the opportunity to take a picture, and log any information need right there on the spot. That ability to digitally have all the information needed in the case of an OSHA inspection, rather than having the paper forms in a binder at the office, also makes it an amazing tool.

Cons

Some of the topics do not pertain to my particular line of work. I feel that if there was an area that you can set up a filter, to have only what I can use on my site on a normal bases, it will help select a meeting topic easier.

James from Meritage homes

Ease of use

Safesite has been proactive in learning the needs of the customer.

Pros

The software is very easy to use, navigation through the app and site is very direct.

Cons

There are enhancements that team is working on that will only make the product better.

Justin from Meritage homes

Justin Franks review

Safesite is easy to use and your staff quickly answers any question we may need.

Pros

Easy of use, friendly staff. I have been too two trains on the software and it was a pleasure working with your employees.

Cons

On Inspection, when selection a pass or fail on each item. Make it automatically jump to the next inspection item when done

Nick from Tofeldent Construction

Safesite review

Overall I am pleased. For construction personnel we need to have things user friendly as construction is fast paced. How ever, I am pleased with the product and becoming more familiar the more I use it.

Pros

It brings items to by attention that I would not normally be aware of. I also like that I can add a photo to a hazard or observation. Having all my safety and QC notes readily available and at my finger tips is great. This app lets me capture items and close them out if need be in real time.

Cons

I would like all of our listed safety and QC items to be in order. It would also be easier if the QC items were separate from safety. When out in the field "I" don't like to be held up looking at my phone and scrolling through looking for a specific inspection or hazard item. It causes me to wait until I get back to my desk. If they were all numbered and in order we could get used to knowing where they are and save time scrolling.

John from TOfel Dent Construction

Safe site works.

My experience using Safesite has been a positive one. There are always apt to improve and help solve any issues that might occur

Pros

Helps keep track of incidents on job. Quick reminders for safety checks. Easy to access and navigate. Great support.

Cons

There’s really no cons I can speak of. Other than having to track and monitor safety on full grown men and women. That should know better. But that is what we do to keep people coming back and quality of life at a high standard.

timothy from meritage homes

safesite compliance great tool for success in osha management

very helpful tool used by all affiliated trades keeping personnel and businesses safe

Pros

accessibility to osha approved weekly inspections and trade connectivity

Bobby from Meritage Homes

Great product that is continuing to grow and expand

Pros

ability to track and maintain the OSHA safety of my Jobs sites. The ease of having a encompassing data base for the entirety of a job or project that states the issues as well as provide photographic evidence of the infraction.

Cons

Would like to have different user access. Such as users and vendors, it would help maintain and set accurate goals for each user.

Mike from Meritage Homes

Construction Manager

I have had an incredible experience with Safesite. I feel I can contact any of the personnel at Safesite and they will be there for me. Very dedicated and professional. I feel the field inspectors understand what we go through out here in the field. I have had zero incidents at my jobsite and I believe it is because of the diligence and the team work. I feel that Safesite has my back with any issues.

Pros

Cons

Uploading pictures can be challenging at times

Michaela from Southland Industries

Safesite making Safety easier

Pros

Safesite allows me to log inspections,hazards, meetings, and observations. It allows me to be out in the field doing my job instead of stuck behind a desk. It's user friendly and Safesite has been able to accommodate and change things specific to our team's needs.

Cons

none, Safesite is always willing to help

Jeff from Tofeldent Construction

Great product

Instead of doing all your work in the office, you can now do it in the field

Pros

Easy to use and no paperwork, all done on your phone.

Cons

Not every trade is on there, When i'm doing my site work and i'm looking at fire sprinklers there's nothing on there for fire sprinkler trade or Stone workers that apply stone to exterior walls.

terry from oakwood homes

Pros and Cons

See above- OSHA has accepted our use of this program.

Pros

The use of this product was part of an acceptable solution to an OSHA violation for Fall Protection and PPE findings. The Safesite team was able to set up an inspection list that we were familiar with.

Cons

Some of the individual items are not totally accurate.

Kyle from Stafford Crane Group

Safesite has helped Stafford Crane Group Safety in so many ways!!

Pros

Easy to use and navigate! Easy to track and trend all our inspections and near misses! Tech support is just a phone call away !!

Robert from Hammers Construction

Hammers Construction

Our employees love it.

Pros

It's easy to maneuver thru. Very easy to teach.

Cons

Very dependent on internet access. We have projects where internet is very low or non-existent in those cases this app was useless.

Outstanding tracking ability.

Vincent from Tofel Dent

Easily usable

We have improved our job site safety rating by at least 40%

Pros

You can easily pop out your phone or tablet and use it in the field immediately!

Meritage - Southern Arizona

Safesite is a great way to conduct a safety review of your jobsite. Ease of use makes it very efficient to use. Format is pretty straight forward, and a breeze to navigate. I have already recommended to several colleagues.

Pros

Easy to use. Convenient. Reminders sent.

Cons

I don`t have a way to check my previous inspections. I don`t know if there is a way to import photos from my cell phone. No specific topic /question regarding rebar safety.

Jeremy from Meritage Homes

Survey

very efficient

Pros

easy to work and able to switch back and forth from one project to another without any glitches

Cons

some times it doesn't catch the button you push when accepting the updates

Jeff from Meritage Homes

New Home Building Safety Reports for Construction Managers

I am using this software for documented safety reports and overall job site safety has greatly improved from week to week.

Pros

This software is very easy to navigate through with a wide range of topics that will match your particular industry. If a topic that you might want to discuss is not there it can always be added.

Cons

I don't feel that any features are missing for the industry I'm utilizing it for.

Will from Meritage Homes

Safesite is Fantastic

Safesite has allowed me to efficiently track the safety performance of my trades. I can easily search past actions per trade to effectively resolve revolving safety concerns and it helps me monitor my job site with the use of their meetings, hazards, observations and inspections. Since implementing the use of the safesite software, my job site has become safer and my trades are working harder to ensure it stays that way.

Pros

Safesite is user friendly, the mobile app is convenient and easy to navigate.

Cons

Nothing, safesite is a streamlined way to document and record incidents, safety ricks and safety inspections on the job site

Jesus from Woodside Homes

Best care

Prevent window water leaks and air drafts from things not done correctly

Pros

The reason why I like it is because it helps us do better not only with the trades but even better for the home buyers ,this gives them peace of mind knowing there are more people making sure things are done correctly on their new buy.

Cons

at beginning didn't know how to navigate the system .

Kelly from Meritage Homes Corp.

Safesite Review

Overall i am pleased with how easy it is to utilize the program and website to perform my inspections and observations.

Pros

I especially like the weekly inspetion report .

Cons

I have noticed that even though I weekly perform multiple jobsite inspection reports , only 1 is documented on the report sent to my superiors. This makes it appear as if I am only doing the minimum required effort.

Owen from CalAtlantic Homes

This app makes notifying and resolving safety issues to be a much less burdensome task.

Pros

How quickly the observations, hazards and inspections can be done. In the past this was a lengthy process due to the lack of a central database.

Cons

Some of the bumps on the road in the early usage due to database, although much of this was caused by our own lack of continuity between departments.

Jordan from Meritage

Great and very helpful

Very good app. Makes it easy to keep up with safety inspection reports and keep a safe job site.

Pros

Easy to use and also sends you reminders so you don't forget to put in your safety reports. Is very helpful with my job.

Cons

You have to leave notes on every inspection reports for it to go through.

Michael from Meritage Homes

Review of Safesite

This keeps me conscious of the dangers of my jobsites and how to better keep them safe.

Pros

The ease of the program. It stores previous job sites that I have used and can easily retrieve them. It sends me mid-week reminders to do reports.

Cons

No dislikes. I can't say a bad thing about it.

Bradford from Meritage Homes

Safesite

Excellent phone app and responsive customer service

Pros

The app is easy to use in the field. While the website gives a better set of useful information.

Cons

Reports are hard to get and time lag between request and receiving them through email system

Todd from Valley interior systems

Trends

Pros

Tracking trends that I see on all of our job sites. This allows the team to see thing before it happens

Cons

I would like to be able to do everything on my phone. I always have my phone.

John from Meritage Homes

Safesite Review

Pros

The app that I use on the phone is so simple you use it saves time and money

Cons

I never had an issue with the software but when upgrades are done they always work never have this with other companies when they do upgrades

Billy from Meritage Homes

GREAT PROGRAM!

Pros

user friendly, clean format, builder & trade integration, drives safety importance

Cons

The reporting could be enhanced by creating export options (excel preferred) for ease of tracking insepctions and safety compliance

Ray from Meritage Homes

Essential Program

Safesite always reminds me to keep my job site safe at all times.

Pros

Having safety records at your finger tips for any OSHA reviews is paramount.

Cons

I like all aspects of the program. Easy to use and track any issues that arise.

Kyle from Meritage homes

don't like writing reviews

I'm really indifferent. It's a job requirement.

Pros

It's easy to use. I really don't have anything else to say about it.

Cons

Sometimes glitchy. I don't think it's really a useful tool.

Laura from Meritage Homes

Safesite review.

Good people to work with. Customer service executives have been really great supporting us with any issues.

Pros

The app is great for the field personnel.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches in the software that cause the assignments to be skewed.

Brian from Meritage Homes

Safesite review

Pros

The App has easy to use drop boxes, the ability to add and update information, and large hard to miss command prompts. Very user friendly.

Cons

Nothing. The app is user friendly. I like everything.

alan from Meritage Homes

Great Experience with Safesite

Pros

I love the ease of access and functionality of the software. It is in large font which is a plus for reading it as well.

Cons

The system is slow at registering things at times.

Jordan from Meritage Homes

Great!

Great software and great customer service!

Pros

Safesite is extremely easy to use! Customer service is great as well!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. I have always had a great experience.

David from Oakwood homes

Safe site review

Pros

I find the product very useful, easy to use, I especially like being able to take photos and identify specific addresses and identify specific trade partners.

Cons

I am concerned that when I do a hazard that the trade partner is not getting the email? Wish there was a way to verify that? Maybe there should be a way to add emails on the fly if someone’s not listed? I’m concerned with the way I enter my inspections if it’s the proper method that OSHA will be pleased and accept?

Erin from Meritage Homes

Safe site is easy and effective

Pros

It allows us To track how we are doing in a safety aspect

Cons

I don’t have anything that i really don’t like about it

Overall Usage

Good tool for managing safety hazards

Pros

Overall it's very good and easy to use. Step by step process is simple

Cons

I really don't have any cons for the app

Eric from Meritage Homes

Lots of help.

Helps to make sure Trades are being safe.

Pros

Everything is pretty good. Very easy to use.

Cons

Could improve the speed of using the inspection and observation.

JOSH from Meritage Homes

Safesite

Pros

That its Mobile Via the App and can do all imput as walking jobs

Cons

I do not like the length of the questions for the inspection phase

Wade from Meritage homes

Safe site review

Pros

The ease of use of the administrative software

Cons

May getting over complicated for construction staff with minimal computer skills.

Sean from Meritage Homes

Satisfied with Safesite

I like the product. It does what I need to be able to reduce incidents on the job site.

Pros

What I like best about Safesite is it’s ease of use and end of week reports. Very easy to understand and monitor.

Cons

I quite haven’t been able to figure out how to upload my relevant hazards that I want to report on.

Justin from Meritage Homes

User Friendly

Pros

The ease of using the software and being pretty self explanatory. Very useful when OSHA needed documentation.

Cons

The small screen Ipad look when documenting the inspection and the ability to print out a report or history of an assigned subcontractor violation.

Great experience

Pros

CustomerServicetjry Team is very helpful

Cons

Nothing I don’t have any complaints or issues

Christopher from Meritage Homes

great app

Pros

easy to use, easy to take pics for the app

Cons

nothing...great to use, general questions are easy