What are Workhub users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Workhub software through verified user reviews

• icon"It truly is the iPhone of safety software- user friendly, streamlined and you wonder how you ever worked without it."
  • icon"This is a very user friendly software to set up as well as roll out to a large group of workers who have various levels of computer skills."
  • icon"Whenever I have had a question SafetySync has always been super quick to respond and has helped me through whatever I've needed."
  • icon"We generally have to deliver the course to remote locations with obstacles such as: low literacy and limited internet and computer access."
  • icon"I suspect this issue will fade as the next generation will identify more with systems and computer-based interfaces."
  • icon"It has to be printed and scanned elsewhere, then dragged and dropped into their file."

Browse all Workhub Reviews

• Have you used Workhub and would like to share your experience with others?

Samantha

Great company to work with

ease of access

Pros

All of the information I need as a safety professional is in one place and easily accessible from anywhere.

Cons

There isn't anything not to like, if there are technical issues, they are fixed right away, customers service is quick.

Jenna

Workhub Review

use it daily for tacking, communicating, and organizing documentation.

Pros

online courses cover basic awareness courses for new hires during orientation, helps us save on xternal course costs.

Cons

Meeting features, not the easiest to use.

Reasons for choosing Workhub

the staff wasnt so forceful and way more features.

Response from Workhub

Thank you for the great review! We're so happy we can cover you on those course costs! ;)

Jonathan

Meets our organizations needs for tracking in house safety certification compliance

Pros

Are able to successfully train large groups of workers with obstacles such as: extremely remote communities, low literacy, limited access to both computers and internet. Ability to cover a vast number of worksites/departments within our organization and maintain the same quality of safety training. Great support staff! I can not stress this enough.

Cons

We generally have to deliver the course to remote locations with obstacles such as: low literacy and limited internet and computer access. Therefore, we have found that delivering the course in a group (projector screen)most convenient for our organization. saving of the answer keys and quizzes is time consuming however with the options to select and deselect course lessons; not sure what that looks like on the software development side to make that a bit of a quicker process. Internet outage = handouts are not adequate to cover material. we have come across was new administrators not knowing how to properly use the software and doing something silly such as deleting a worker opposed to deactivating it. I feel like a mandatory tour- "how to" may help provide new administrators with the proper information/education to effectively use safety sync in their organizations. Quite honestly speaking, with the deadlines and fast paced work environments most of us work in it is extremely tough to find time to explore safety sync and gain a good understanding of the software to be able to use it to its full potential. I myself can not say I have a full understanding of how safety sync can complement my organizations safety program. Last thing is a merge worker feature opposed to a delete worker feature would be a great tool, and save a lot of stress, when all of a sudden we have a new administrator learning the program and they mistakenly delete opposed to deactivate a worker.

Stephanie

Data Nerd

The key feature of WorkHub (and Safety Sync) is it's ease of use and brevity. Other apps take longer to accomplish the same task and can be overly complicated. I believe that WorkHub knows its audience. We want simple, effective software for basic users, or those who may not be as adept with software interfaces. I appreciate the new, more graphic style of UI. As an Administrator, I rely on the reporting and metrics provided but I'm a data nerd so more and even more granular reports are always well received. I love evidence!

Pros

WorkHub if fast, efficient, intuitive and accurate. It is simple in design for both users and administrators. WorkHub presents, records and reports information in a linear fashion. It is very binary in its presentation of information yet is simultaneously detailed for administrators when establishing information in each module, i.e instituting a new policy. My relationship with support and technical staff is excellent - 5 stars

Cons

I haven't figured out how to adapt or fully utilize Competencies easily. For example, if there are 3 - 5 specific areas and within each area there are ~ 7-10 key locations and in each location reside ~100 competencies. An Assessor/Assesee would have to manage requests and approvals for the remainder of their days. I haven't quite figured out how to engineer this feature to my specific industry needs.

n/a

Response from Workhub

Thank you for the amazing review! We're so happy we can provide you with a software that meets all your needs! We would love to set you up with our implementation expert to help you out with competencies! Please contact support@workhub.com and we'll set it up for you.

Deshawn

February 2022

The Best Online Training Option I Have Ever Seen By Far!

Exceptional, unique, everything I am looking for and more out of online training for my employees! Thank you Workhub!!! :)

Pros

This is my first day of using the software. It is entirely user friendly and easy to navigate through. There are so many options for various different features of which I have only been able to scratch the surface of. Though in my review some of the features, I am utterly impressed at their functionality in managing employees, trainings, invitations and many other intricacies made available by Workhub

Cons

When I find one, I'll let yuh know! Till then, know that there are none!

Reasons for choosing Workhub

I chose work hub particulary becuasae of the USA Hours of Service training they have so very recently rolled out. I did not know what I was getting myself into when I first clicked the link while doing a google search but I could not have asked for better. It is so nice to search for something online that you really want or need and be able to not only find it, but receive it in abundance! Also, I was unsure about something on the platform so I called into the customer service number and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] answered my call, chipper and without delay. From the way [SENSITIVE CONTENT] greeted the call, I knew I was in good hands and boy was I! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] gave me a run down in the most eloquent, concise, and yet the most elaborate way. What a great customer service call! Seriously, it was really good. I have worked in telecommunications by way of customer service and sales for call centers and smaller companies alike. I have also performed several mystery shops for companies of all types and sizes both telephonically and in person so when I say that this was an excellent customer service call, I do not say so lightly. Readers may think, wow this person really appreciates Workhub and they'd be right! Try them yourself and I'm sure you'd conclude the same.

Crystal

Safety Sync Review

Overall Safety Sync has been a great system to keep our safety program organized and up to date. The customer service/support side of the business has really impressed me. I've had a few complications with the system and the team is always there with solutions readily available when we need them. There are a few areas that would be nice to have developed such as competency testing. Currently, there are no competency tests linked to any training that you upload in the system. OSSE audit requirements must ensure that companies are assessing competency after training, so we spend a lot of time doing this manually instead of just having a test in the system. As well - it would be great to have an administration feature to allow you to override the system when employees have manually completed required training outside of the system. Example - if we do a large group training session in the classroom instead of sitting down employees at Safety Sync terminals, their assigned training still shows as due. There is currently no way for the admin to mark it as complete without sending the data to the safety sync team to do for us. This is time-consuming for the Safety Sync team and if we had permissions - we could easily do this ourselves. The new requirement for users needing an email address has also caused us some pain. We are a production facility where the majority of our employees do not have company email. Many of our employees do not want to include their personal email on a work related training tool. As well others do not even have email addresses. As a workaround, we have been creating fake emails just to get users passwords reset or make changes to their account.

Pros

Reporting capabilities showing completed training. Easy to make changes to policies. Good record keeping abilities to show updates made to policies/procedures.

Cons

Lack of ability to test competency.

Mindy

RCS Cartage Ltd review

Pros

The ability to easily post and update policies and have a digital signature from each person as to when a course was done, policy read etc. Also really like the bulletin feature, our staff works 24 hours and this allows everyone to receive the information we need to send out in a timely manner.

Cons

While on the phone, seeing all the information on the courses to complete doesn't always show up, or is hard to find. Updating the mobile version to make it more user friendly would be the biggest complaint we hear from our staff.

Response from Workhub

Thank you for the great review and the insightful feedback! We are currently working to update our mobile site in order to make it more user friendly and easier to navigate. Stay tuned for the updates!

best tool out there

Pros

I like being able to track: Worker tickets and expiry dates Incidents Near Misses We utilize the competency program. I like having our forms on there for all the field stores.

Cons

Nothing

Kevin

Industry: Oil & Energy

Easy to maneuver through the different windows of the program.

Pros

Everything is eye catching and gets your attention and is easy to find the information you are looking for.

Cons

When an employee completes an orientation, the certificate is not automatically available in their certificate tracking. It has to be printed and scanned elsewhere, then dragged and dropped into their file.

Very easy to set up and share info with field staff

Easy way to organize our safety records.

Pros

Very easy to use, track compliance, share information. The guys can easily access the necessary information from their phones as needed.

Cons

use of forms in the field for mobile users could be easier. It can be difficult to complete the forms and upload them on their phones.

Jeff

Industry: Environmental Services

Extremely Satisfied

There are many HSE programs out there that claim to manage HSE training and certificate tracking, along with day to day safety communication. When we launched Bowron Environmental Group in March of 2015, we looked extensively into the various programs out there. Many appeared to be non-user friendly and in our position as a new start up, we're seen to be excessively expensive. We have found SafetySync's all in $$/user/month billing system, very fair for the product we receive. As with switching to any new systems, there is a bit of a learning curve. With SafetySync, the assistance we were provided when the program was new to us, was exceptional. The exposure to a multitude of safety training programs within SafetySync, at no additional charge to our company, is, in my opinion, one of the most beneficial features. When looking at competitors programs, each course typically came with a charge, which resulted in increased costs. We also utilize SafetySync to communicate safety bulletins to our workers, in which they receive both a text and an email, of which they must read and acknowledge. The program has made vast improvements to the safety communication our management team has been exposed to in the past. I am confident that the utilization of SafetySync has saved our company a significant amount of time and money, at the same time in making significant improvements to our companies safety training, tracking, and communication program. I have recommended SafetySync to several other companies that I deal with, a few of which have moved their systems over and to the best of my knowledge, I have not heard of an unsatisfied customer as of yet. I would not hesitate any HSE manager in looking into SafetySync to see how their systems can improve your safety training programs. Kind Regards, Jeff Deitz - Managing Director Bowron Environmental Group Ltd.

Pros

Cost - the program is very reasonable considering the access to training programs within the system. Communication - I appreciate the ease in publishing safety bulletins or alerts to all of our workers.

Cons

The only Con I can come up with is that the software appears to do more than what we use it for. I am sure there are other uses we could establish at our company, however, the time I need to invest in learning further has been hard to come by.

Jen

Great Value & Easy-to-Use

I have used this software for about 2 years now. It makes managing a safety program very easy for any size company. The software is easy to use, completely customizable and has a simple interface for workers. Safety policies, programs, and procedures can be entered in quite easily and worker access can be customized based on work sites or positions. There are also an abundance of training courses for workers to take, with tickets available after completion. This software has made life so easy for our safety program. We can send bulletins out to workers with ease, no matter where they're working. And keeping track of expiry dates for certificates of training or SDS' is so simple. We can also keep track of reviews and changes made to policies or procedures from year to year. I recommend this software to anyone in the safety industry; the value of it simply can't be beat!

Pros

Tracking capabilities of expiring tickets or annual review of policies is so simple. Workers can access copies of their training tickets wherever they are if they require a copy. Long list of training courses available with the subscription. Tickets are provided after course completion for a record for the workers to carry.

Cons

I wish more tracking could be done HR-wise on the worker screens. It would be nice to be able to track any discipline given to workers.

Kelsea

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

The iPhone of Safety Software

The response time to questions has been great. I find the service, especially when initially setting up, very good. The product is simple to use, and easy to work with as both an employee using my profile as well as an administrator of the software. A few more tracking measures of metrics would help our management team report directly out of the software, which would be handy.

Pros

This is a very user friendly software to set up as well as roll out to a large group of workers who have various levels of computer skills. It is easy to track training including certificates which I find makes my role easier. Keeping track of 500 employees individual safety training is a full time job and Workhub has simplified this process. It truly is the iPhone of safety software- user friendly, streamlined and you wonder how you ever worked without it!

Cons

There has been requests by management level employees to be able to have more visibility on metrics especially in regards to Action Items. We like to have visibility on which areas in our company are lagging and also seeing percentages ie: Action items down 30% over last month type stats. Executive level has mentioned wanting to be able to see their subordinates workers stats- so seeing more than 1 level below them.For example, the Procurement Director would like to see not only the Stores Managers compliance, but the Stores Manager's direct report compliance as well.

Industry: Warehousing

Awesome Software

We are into our 4th year of using SafetySync. The software has proven to be extremely helpful in managing our health and safety program. We have taken advantage of making our own training videos for more effective training. We have also been using electronic forms with tablets and phones to complete inspections. Using electronic forms in SafetySync along with tablets have proven to increase hazard awareness as employees can take pictures of the hazard and submit reports to management for correction. We have the ability to track individual employee safety training and competency. We also track 25 sites to ensure inspections and health and safety meetings take place at proper intervals. Overall we are very satisfied with the software and would recommend it to others.

Pros

Ease of Use. Consistent method to deliver training to 300+ employees in 25 locations. Ability to track all health and safety information for 25 sites and 200+ pieces of equipment.

Steve

Best Value in HSE System Management Software

We've been using SafetySync for over 5 years to build and manage our clients occupational health and safety systems. It is by far the most useful and cost effective safety software available today. After 20 years as a health and safety professional, I can happily say that this is the best money you will ever spend to manage your safety system.

Pros

Ease of use and overall functionality, but even more than that, the willingness of the developer to incorporate suggestions as well as the ease of working with support staff who are always helpful and available to assist and to correct issues or problems that may arise.

Cons

An expanded contractor management function would be helpful

Karen

Managing employee training compliance

Safety Sync has made my job of managing a fluctuating personnel portfolio a dream. Our organization's worker numbers can vary from 100 - 250 in a very short period of time. Safety Sync allows me to offer extensive quality online training, import safety tickets, qualifications, credentials and much more into each worker profile. Safety Sync then manages notifications to workers. The scan feature is fabulous the bar code is assigned to each worker, they can scan it, save it and have a digital record of all their training as well as our client specific training. The costs are reasonable, monthly billing based on a number of employees. User-friendly for all level of users.

Pros

User-friendly, change log notifications tell user about new features that have been implemented to enhance the user experience.

Drew

SafetySync for The Mustard Seed

We use SafetySync as a training and onboarding tool for our volunteers... since I used to work at SafetySync, I highly value the system and I'm glad we've been able to manipulate it's capabilities to fit with our needs... Perhaps using us as an example, the software could be sold to other volunteer based not-for-profits that require training before volunteers can become part of an organization. It works perfectly for us.

Pros

Easy to add our training and documents to the software. Seems to easily integrate with existing systems.

Cons

It seems most people are STILL bad at using online systems... because people get confused with the employee portal and find it hard to navigate. I suspect this issue will fade as the next generation will identify more with systems and computer-based interfaces. But for now, it's still funny and frustrating at the same time. Perhaps there can be a button that can toggle on and off which would allow popups to direct people - or notify - of various buttons they can click and why.

Bruce

Our experience with SafetySync

SafetySync has streamlined our training process and provided a level of consistency in the training that our employees get. The program has many extra features that have made our overall Safety Program much more efficient and I recommend this program to everyone.

Pros

Good programs. We enter employee certificates and their expiries which the system tracks for us . Also alot of other documentation is entered for employee acces, under "forms". Rewards program is simple and easy to use.

Cons

There is no U.S.A. Hazmat program, so our U.S. entities have to go outside the system for that, such as JJ Keller.

Holly

Safety Sync Review

Our overall experience has been altogether positive. We've also experienced quick customer service.

Pros

SafetySync is a handy tool for our multiple locations to access training, procedures and HR forms. SafetySync is accessible on cell phones and our employees can log remotely to access their credentials as well as the above listed items remotely. It is also a handy audit tool and is used for reporting near misses and incidents as well.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have our employee fill out a form (near miss, NCR, etc.) and submit it directly through SafetySync.

Kelly

Valuable tool.

We use the system to remote train and keep track of certificates of our internal employees and our 3rd party contractors. A Very flexible platform that allows us to create our own training as well as choose from a selection of supplied training for our industry. Highly recommend!

Pros

Flexibility to create your own training and set renewal times. Create profiles for different employee positions so information can be updated and transmitted in minutes.

Cons

Notifications could be improved to allow you to receive email notification of course completions.

Barb

Services Provided

Courses that are available are what we require and customer service is excellent! Course that I had asked for a couple of years ago was uploaded (which was ground disturbance) was made available which makes my work easier. For courses required by our company, I am able to give the workers the information to login anymore across Canada. The workers are able to do our orientation and take the required courses prior to coming to the office to complete their paperwork.

Pros

Easy for computer illiterate workers to do courses and orientation.

Cons

I understand the e-mail requirement but with our industry, most of the workers do not either check their e-mail or have one.

Charity

Industry: Environmental Services

Extremely Valuable addition to our company's Safety Culture

With SafetySync our company has streamlined all our safety requirements to one simple to manage the program. We are able to align our communications, records management, training and HR information altogether. The ease of learning the online program is extremely valuable to a larger organization as employees are able to log into the program anywhere and access the communication and training requirements. Absolutely love this program.

Pros

Easy learning culture for large employee company.

Cons

Uploading capabilities are not as large as they need to be for proper records management.

Mike

One Place for Everything

Safety Sync has created a place for all of our training records, policies, and procedures. We are able to sign-up new employees and ensure training and reviews are completed in a timely manner with instant access by both the employee, company HR and EHS. Excellent system and excellent time saver.

Pros

Organized training records - can add or remove required training by employee or position.

Cons

Incident Reporting - does not seem very functional.

Waylon

Customized to Company Needs

SafetySync's product was very appealing, but our company was not needing all the features. SafetySync customized their product to our company's needs and the cost was more than reasonable. Our company is now able to keep track of all employees and equipment in all areas and receives document expiration notices to keep our company in compliance. Good product, Good company, and Great overall!

Pros

I like that I can use it the way that it works best for our company and restrict access to users based on their area. The product allows me to upload or download documents from anywhere without having to contact someone else to have documentation sent to me or someone else.

Cons

For the simple fact that I asked it to be customized to our company's needs, it restricts some things that could be useful.

jackie

Industry: Oil & Energy

It is easy and useful site

Having everything in one spot.

Pros

we can have all our items put in one spot and track all the safety tickets with expiries. Having the policy and procedures on here is a bonus.

Cons

That you have to print out each individual ticket for an employee on the certificates side. There should be a button that 3rd party certificates get all printed together.

Workhub