All dotloop Reviews

Tigran

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2022

Nice software for real estate deals

Heather

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2019

An essential for a real estate agents!

Excellent!!

PROS

The mobile app on this system allows me to create and share documents quickly and from anywhere. Documents auto fill with transaction information When opened and already has signature places assigned for buyers and sellers to sign. I can share to email or text a document to their phone for immediate signatures. The task lists and reminders are essential to my every day business. And activity log helps me track activities of lenders and other transaction parties so I can see if they view documents or when someone has signed. Push notifications from the mobile app let me know immediately when someone has signed a document so I can share it to the appropriate party. Messaging with in the app allows me to be able to keep all transaction emails messages and notes in one place. I can add pictures of deposit checks or scan multiple documents from my phone directly into the file.

CONS

I have to add an email for each roll including the opposite party which I don’t have access to

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Dotloop has so many possibilities & features that other systems do not offer and functions easily specifically on a mobile device!

Vicki

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Dotloop pricing strategy is missing huge market potential.

Overall, dotloop has a much easier learning curve and fits my needs much greater than other options, particularly with in host signing for older clients. It is easy for clients to figure out esignatures and walks them through it thoroughly.

PROS

This software is the most user friendly that I have found for real estate transactions. It offers in host signing which I use all the time. It is so easy to review history and see where I am in the middle of negotiations.

CONS

The pricing strategy is either free or $300. There are so many agent that do not need unlimited transactions. A lower priced option for a limited number of transactions is needed. I help many newer agents that love this software but can't justify $300 when they may only do 20 transactions per year.

Reason for choosing dotloop

I like dotloop better as it is easy interaction and very user friendly, for both client and myself.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

I was told that Dotloop had a program for a limited number of loops at less than $300. That is incorrect or I may not have switched.

Mike

Real Estate, 10,000+ employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

Dotloop...a good electronic signature app

I like dotloop. Its easier to use than a lot of the other electronic signature apps but it is limited in its extra functions and you have to pay for it after 10 signatures or loops but overall its a very straightforward and easy app to use.

PROS

I like the fact that dotloop does what its designed to do, make it easy to capture electronic signatures safely and securely. Its user friendly and has a nice, intuitive UI.

CONS

I dont like that you only get 10 free loops per email but you can jist create a new email account and youll get 10 more free "loops" or signatures which is nice. Its owned by Zillow so things change a lot just like they do with Zillow but its a good site overall

Aryn

Reviewed October 2023

My go to resource

I find the platform reliable and something i always am coming back to, to ensure my systems stay organized and up to date. And while I find there are some technical glitches I often am able to work through them.

PROS

I like that i am able to connect with my clients and share information quickly and efficiently. There are a multitude of well thought out features that have ensured efficiency and ease of use.

CONS

When working on documents, oftentimes it jumps back to the first page for no reason, after clicking on a text box or signature. I also occasionally have trouble sharing multiple documents with people because some documents have been shared with a limited group. I dont think that should hinder my ability to share a selected group of documents at once.

Lisa

Reviewed April 2024

Make your transaction easier

PROS

DotLoop allows your transaction to flow with ease and simplicity. Buyers and Sellers have no questions, concerns or issues while using the software nor do the staff of different disciplines that are brought into the transaction.

CONS

No complaints or problems that I have encountered yet.

DAwn

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Use dotloop for all your e-Signings

Being a post closer in a title company, this app has saved me time, and re-signing fees. It is so simple and easy to use, very very user friendly, and I don't have to explain how to use it on the other end. My clients love dotloop compared to other apps out there. I highly recommend this product and could not work one single day without it!

PROS

It's so simple to set up, manage and send. You just add the person that needs to sign, or receive a copy, drag and drop the document, click on what needs to be completed, and you're done.

CONS

I did not find anything I didn't like about dotloop.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Ease of use. Less complicated and more user friendly

Maria

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

VERY USER FRIENDLY. WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT AND USE OUT OF IT WILL SHOW

I USE THIS WEEKLY WITH ALL MY CLIENTS AND THEIR REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS. I HAVE USED ANOTHER PRGRAM AND IT IS NOT AT ALL ORGANIZED AND HAS TOO MANY STEPS TO GET THE CONTRACT SIGNED AND THEN TO ADMIN FOR REVIEW. DOTLOOP MAKES THE WHOLE PROCESS SMOOTHER.

PROS

THE FLOW OF THE ASSIGNED FIELDS ARE EASY FOR THE CLIENT TO SIGN. SAVES THE CLIENT TIME AND HAPPY TO USE IT. THE USER PUTS IN ALL THE INFO AT THE BEGINNING HELPS THE AUTO FILL TO HAVE EVERYTHING CORRECT SAVING TIME TO COMPLETE.

CONS

WHEN SIGNEES ARE ABLE TO SIGN PASS THE PART THEY NEED TO SIGN. USUALLLY USER INOUT IS THE REASON OR SIGNEE IS CLICKING THE TAB INCORRECTLY. I DO NOT THINK IT IS DOTLOOP, I THINK IT IS HUMAN ERROR.

COMPANY DECISION NOT MINE. I AM GLAD THEY SWITCHED

Anuj

Reviewed November 2023

Dootloop FTW!

Overall experience has been phenomenal. My company offers other signing software for free but I'd rather pay for Dotloop. That says a lot!

PROS

I like how you can manage multiple projects within Dotloop. I also like how you can handle multiple documents organized within a project. It's been essential for my real estate business

CONS

Logging in! I always forget my password. Lol, honestly, there isn't much to dislike about Dotloop.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Pricing & Project Management are better with Dotloop.

Marnie J

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Dotloop makes my job easier!

Excellent would highly recommend.

PROS

Ease and security. Easy communication and collaboration.

CONS

Mobile app can be a bit difficult but works in a pinch.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

My company made the decision, but it was very welcomed!

Jason

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2024

Dotloop usage

PROS

The ease of transaction management and signatures

CONS

Sometimes it can be finicky & glitchy like most software

DAVID

Reviewed September 2019

Solid document management software

I've been using it for years for real estate sale transactions, lease-ups, signing property management clients, and personal document management (like executing forms for applications).

PROS

Dotloop makes it easy to track documentation on real estate transactions. You can create and edit templates for fast document prep and even apply old templates to new document versions. It also lets you upload additional forms for a transaction like existing leases, receipts, etc. Search functions are good and the document editing options are decent.

CONS

Sometimes when another party in a transaction invites you to interact with docs in Dotloop (and they are also a user), it can create redundancies which are a pain--multiple loops with the same or similar names, and each loop has different versions of the same documents.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

I moved to another company, and the new company provided DotLoop

Stacye

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Easy to Learn

Experience has been great, I have not had any issues that I could not figure out.

PROS

I had been using another product to send to my Clients for signatures, and then we were told we were going to Dotloop. I thought wow this is easier to use and understand how to do the things I need! I have been using Dotloop for over 8 years and really like it.

CONS

That it will erase signatures if I made a grammatical mistake and want to go back in and change it. But I understand why, it is for protecting the Signatures .

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Our entire office was switching to Dotloop and it was included in our office bill. I thought it was so much easier to learn and use. Decided to switch companies and when I found out that they used Dotloop I was thrilled! I didn’t have to learn a new system!

CLAUDIA

Reviewed July 2020

DETAILS

The organization of the properties.

PROS

i LIKE THIS SOFTWARE BECAUSE EVERY LOOP HAVE THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE LISTING AND WE CAN KEEP IT BERY ORGANIZED FROM ME AND THE BROEKERS, WE ALSO CAN KEEP TRACK OF THE COBROKE THAT CALLS AND THE CLIENTS THAT SAW THE PROPERTIES. I LOVE THAT WE CAN PUT THE DOCUMENTS OF THE PROPERTIES AND DIRECTLY FROM OUR PHONES AT THE APP.

CONS

THE DETAILS OF THE HOUSE (THE THREE POINTS) ARE NOT VERY ACCESIBLE AND in the phone app you have to click 3 times to access the details. it will be better to have ONLY the information filled at one of the 4 options such as task, the bell, people and documents. I was expecting that every change, new listing, every new information at the loop, the agents will get notified, but I have to go to whatsapp company chat to informed the changes, and then make the changes to dotloop.

Reason for choosing dotloop

we check other real estate options, but they were too expensive and the organizations was not as I need.

Jo Ann

Reviewed January 2020

Great Product!

My over all experience has been wonderful! I love that I am able to see what all the agents in my office are doing from my phone or desktop. Being a Realtor, we are always on the go, so having the accessibility from the app is HUGE for me. I am able to help any agents who have questions, or need me to review a file right away instead of having to make them wait until I get back to the office.

PROS

I love that I am able to communicate with all of my agents and see what transactions are going on even if I am out showing property! My favorite feature is the app. It has saved so much time while I am on the go!

CONS

The only bad experience, or what I would suggest looking into, is how a couple has to use two different emails. I have ran into situations where the couple only has one email and it make's it a bit of a challenge. Other than that, I have been enjoying Dotloop.

Reason for choosing dotloop

Because the over all user friendly experience I had while testing the product and the over all user reviews was why I chose to use this product vs. the competitors.

Jessica

Reviewed December 2020

Keeping me and my clients in the loop!

Of all the real estate technology, software, tools, apps available and there are thousands I’m sure, Dotloop is by far my most important tool as a real estate agent. When I first started my real estate career I literally had no idea what documents I needed to complete. My brokerage offered dotloop to all its agents. So I added my first loop, selected the option for residential seller, and voila—all the forms that I needed to have complete were right there in front of me. Had I not had dotloop, I would not have been able to complete that first deal on my own. I had never been shown what paperwork was needed. And it was so easy to use. Everything I needed was right there and so easy to use. I have since changed brokerages and dotloop made the swap super easy. I’m a bit of a tech geek and want to know all the features a software provides. So I always check for user manuals. And I loved that they offer a PDF manual. I later learned about the Certified Looper Course. I enrolled and completed the course and received my certification. The tips and tricks I learned in this course had saved me countless hours managing my transactions. I can’t say enough good things about this software. It’s my most important tool.

PROS

Most liked features include: Ease of use for user and their clients; secure; ability to add new interactive forms; export client contact information; integration with Zillow, Gmail, etc.; Co-Op docs; AUTOFILL;

CONS

A feature that I would like to see added is within each loop you have a calendar tab that you can select. Once selected you see 3 full calendar months- the entire current months calendar, previous month and following month. You can toggle back to previous months or ahead to future months. The calendar shows all the key dates related to that loop both past and present. It pulls all the key dates from all the forms within the loop to give you a birds eye view of deadlines, expirations, etc. For example, a buyer loop would show the date offer was made, offer expiration date and time, offer accepted date, inspection period from start day to final day, anticipated closing date, financing contingency dates, extension periods, final walkthru date, Date of appraisal, Warranty start and end dates, etc. The system would provide you and your client with email and or text alerts for upcoming or expired dates. One click and you see a 3 month view of all the key dates for that loop.

Broker offered Dotloop.

mark

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Dotloop the best document/signature tool avaiable

Best signature/document file system available. The technical department is always quick to respond and correct any issues that arise. We have only had one instance of downtime and it was resolved within an hour and there was a workaround provided so we did not have to wait totake care of our business.

PROS

Loops and sharing make this tool a must have for every real estate professional. The ability to collaborate with multiple clients and peers is amazing.

CONS

template editing should be easier to set up on the client side, but the team at dotloop does a great job setting up your documents.

Reason for choosing dotloop

Ease of use and implementation

Cindy

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Review of DotLoop

Basically, besides the email signature roadblock, my experience is good. I understand there is a learning curve and I'm working on it. Please continue to have your representatives available to support clients on the phone. A "live" person comes in so handy in stressful situations. I definitely value this option.

PROS

The product offers many valuable features. The sharing of tutorials is great and the DotLoop service team is excellent. It is VERY important to be able to speak to a knowledgeable representative on the "phone."

CONS

Signing documents for our older generation who is not computer savvy is definitely a roadblock. I've run into this situation several times. DocuSign has a way around this hurdle. Can DotLoop improve on this feature? Also, having a menu option for Hot Keys such as copying check boxes would be great. I did print off the Tip Sheet, but it would be helpful to have an on-screen option rather than searching on a website.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

Baird & Warner changed the product.

Jean

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Impressive Software with Everything You Need for E-signatures in one platform

We have become a Paperless office thanks to Dotloop. No more file cabinets taking up 1/2 of the office space. Every file is saved in Dotloop and emails and misc docs are emailed right to the loop.

PROS

Easy to use and setup and I can turn any PDF into an electronic document. Every signature and initials are date and time stamped. Easy for clients to understand and use on their computer, tablet or Smartphones. The ability to Email contracts and docs directly to a loop is awesome and saves our agents a lot of time.

CONS

As an administrator I would like to have the ability to move agents from one office location to another. We've also had issues where the sellers agent and the buyers agent both make their own loop for one transaction. Things then tend to get confusing for the agents and clients.

Reason for choosing dotloop

For all of the amazing features offered in Dotloop.

Reasons for switching to dotloop

We wanted the ability to go paperless and also have everything in one platform. With Zipforms our agents needed Docusign for electronic signatures and we couldn't upload PDF's to Zip and turn them into electronic docs. We had to pay Zip to turn all of our company docs into signable docs.

Candee