• icon"Easy to set up and create templates. Good price compared to like services."
  • icon"We have integrated eSign Genie with our application Vultus Connect to using their API which is working good for us and all our customers as well."
  • icon"Additionally, I love that I can see the progress of a document."
  • icon"The only downside I've experienced is that you have to manually drag each box onto the document instead of doing a copy+paste or click to add."
  • icon"I found it confusing when trying to change the colours."
  • icon"Training is limited and online documentation is hard to find and when you find it, it is sometimes hard to read."

All Foxit eSign Reviews

Karambir

Affordable and Easy-to-Use Document Signature Solution

Dane

No Other Services Fit our Needs until eSign Genie

Pros

eSign Genie allows tons of customization. We are an accounting and tax practice and send documents frequently for both our own purposes (contracts, engagement letters) and documents that need to be filled out and forwarded to the IRS and other tax authorities. These documents need real signatures, not the type-written signatures that most eSign software lets clients use. With eSign Genie, we can limit our clients to only have the option to draw their actual signature, allowing us to use this for more documents than our previous solution. Also - I cannot speak highly enough of eSign Genie's Pay-as-you-Go plan. Most eSign providers no longer (or never did) offer this type of plan, and it is perfect for my type of business that doesn't necessarily need to send hundreds of documents per month. I pay a $10 fee for 5 documents at a time, and they don't expire. When I run out, I just "top up" with 5 more documents at a clip.

Cons

I really haven't seen anything negative about eSign Genie as of yet. The only small issue sometimes is the speed - I've had a few clients say that it is sometimes slow to load, but it's infrequent - so not enough of a problem for me to look elsewhere. (Trust me, I have already looked elsewhere and was utterly dissatisfied!)

Reasons for choosing Foxit eSign

Their customization level and pay-as-you-go pricing - nobody else offers the pay-as-you-go tier for small businesses! I thank eSign Genie for continuing to offer this!

Response from eSign Genie

Hi Dane, Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review. I am happy to announce that eSign Genie has overhauled, tuned and upgraded our database resulting in 3 second maximum load times on every screen of our application. Searching for a document is now instantaneous. eSign Genie has always focused on having an Easy-to-Use, Legally Binding and Comprehensive eSignature Solution. We now have the fastest eSignature Solution too! --> eSign Genie DevOps Team

Replied December 2019

Satisfied Purchaser

The general use of the software has been positive amongst our team. The one negative that I've had was any time I've needed to work with your customer support team, it's often that I'm waiting most of the day, or even the next day before I get a response to an e-mail. Fortunately I have not needed to put in many help tickets.

Pros

It was very easy to promote the use of the software within the organization as it's workflow was very similar to existing workflows that we already had in place. Implementation was quick and easy with every user signing themselves up painlessly and working within a few minutes.

Cons

It can be cumbersome if you have 2 clients (Husband and wife) who both need to know about the contract, but we only need 1 signature. We've had a few examples where we've had a contract sit for a few days because the second party didn't know that it was necessary for them to sign before the contract would come back. A group contact, that would send to multiple people, but only require a signature from one of the group could be a way to handle this.

Reasons for choosing Foxit eSign

The adobe interface wasn't as friendly to new users. The bulk licensing was very restrictive (had to purchase each license separately, versus purchasing the access for the company)

Reasons for switching to Foxit eSign

Bulk licenses for the competitor were vastly more expensive compared to Foxit

Thomas

Industry: Utilities

August 2022

Signature function does not work.

Hate the experience. I wish I could convince my company to change to another package. Please do not send me a gift card. I suspect if it comes from your company, the card will not work and the experience will be agonizing.

Pros

I do not like much about this product. I wanted to like it, I need to like it, because I am forced to use it every day. This product is hampering our audit procedures and the timeliness of our approval process. I guess the good thing about this product is it forces us to maintain our manual back up systems, i.e. print, physically sign, scan, save, send.

Cons

The signature function does not work properly. When I try to save, my subscription has expired? The software does not allow me to save a document after signature. When I do apply a signature image, it does not allow me to rotate the document and maintain orientation with the signature. This software is very difficult and time consuming to use. The menu system and toggle switches for options are not intuitive. I miss Adobe.

Reasons for switching to Foxit eSign

Our systems people forced it on the users. Very bad decision.

Lindsey

Industry: Mental Health Care

September 2022

HIPAA compliant and customizable.

The Covid-19 pandemic forced many of us online unexpectedly. We had to quickly find ways to get the necessary documentation from clients without the privilege of being able to see them face to face. Foxit eSign helped us move online quickly and effectively and gave us the confidence that our client's privacy and security would be respected and protected. Now that we are back in the office we still send and receive documents electronically helping us reduce paper waste, and giving our clients access to documents 24/7 through the templates embedded on our website.

Pros

My number one priority is my client's privacy and security, when i started with esign genie, now foxit esign, they could clearly provide HIPAA security where DocuSign could not. The ability to embed my document templates onto my website and emails is a great bonus as well!

Cons

I have had clients complain about their ability to complete documents on mobile devices, but for the most part, they are able to complete documents with ease. I like that I can see the documents that have been started so that I can provide assistance when needed.

Reasons for choosing Foxit eSign

We considered moving over to EHR software that included digital client forms. The main problem was finding one that could be scaled down to fit the needs of my small Counseling Agency. Using Foxit eSign allowed us to keep using the familiar EHR software and meet our need for digital documents.

Reasons for switching to Foxit eSign

DocuSign initially promised HIPAA standard confidentially then failed to deliver.

Laura

Low Cost - Highly Effective ESignature Platform

I am extremely happy with Foxit ESign. There are so many features that we don't even know about. The other platforms wanted to charge for the essentials, and then addons. This one gave us all the features we need and many more for an extremely low price.

Pros

This platform is extremely easy to use and I love the templates. Being able to go in and slightly change forms and documents and send them out quickly for multiple signatures is making my job so much easier. Other platforms limited templates to 3 or 5 even with paid versions. We haven't even been able to make enough templates to use our 50 allotted templates. Our clients rarely call us with questions because the user interface is so easy for signers.

Cons

The only feature I wish the platform had was to send personalized email to each party receiving or signing the documents. This may be a feature but we haven't figured it out yet.

The cost and features.

Reasons for switching to Foxit eSign

DocuSign was far to expensive for the number of documents we need signed. They had small or huge plans. Nothing that fit us.

Sue

Industry: Farming

August 2022

Great for common day usage

It's fantastic for completing forms in any format. We just save them into pdf, and fill in the blanks and they look very professional.

Pros

That it is very easy to use and you can add and edit pdf documents.

Cons

Adding signatures seems to be very cumbersome. I can never seem to find the functions to insert them

Cost and ease of use

Reasons for switching to Foxit eSign

Fox It is more cost effective and easier to use

Great Small Business HIPAA Compliant eSignature Software

Pros

Foxit was really easy to get started with. Besides price, I found it easier to use and that it also includes features I did not find in Docusign of Hellosign. It is easy to make templates and add multiple signers. It is a breeze to add various signature fields and also a lot of options for how to set up and deploy templates.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about this software. I have used it for almost a year and I will continue to use it regardless of how large our company grows. At a small business price, I think it beats any of the large competitors for esignature.

Reasons for choosing Foxit eSign

Foxit is far more affordable than any of the larger esignature players. It is great for a small to medium sized business who doesn't need an enterprise level solution from Docusign or Adobe Sign.

Guy

September 2022

Foxit reader far better than Adobe reader

I don’t use eSign

Pros

I love foxit reader for PDF. It is far superior and less resource intensive than Adobe. It launches quickly and works every time without any weird error messages.

Cons

Sometimes after performing a routine update of the foxit reader sometimes happens we’re every document I open, automatically prints. It is irritating but simple enough to fix by uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Reasons for switching to Foxit eSign

Adobe’s product kept crashing my system and was unreliable.

Easy to use alternative

Pros

The ease of functionality as well as the quality of file retained between conversions is a grand selling point

Cons

Slightly pricy and based on monthly subscriptions. Give me a lifetime access option at least, nobody wants your incremental neoliberal wallet scraping.

Reasons for switching to Foxit eSign

The other software is a dud now because they keep trying to minimise the user experience while driving prices up. Don't follow their lead.

Jeffrey

Industry: Semiconductors

October 2022

Great alternative to Adobe!

Pros

Lightweight software with a lot of features and much less "bloat" than Adobe products.

Cons

Slightly outdated looking interface. It also used to be cheaper, but this is hardly a con.

Reasons for switching to Foxit eSign

The bloat of Adobe was annoying.

Allegra

Great dashboard and easy-to-use platform

After we needed to find an alternative to our previous e-signature program, I researched practically all of the programs out there, and this was the best bang for buck. Now, after using this for several months, I have to say that I find it hard to believe there is a better program out there for less or more money. This was easy to learn and teach others how to use. The customer support is fantastic, and they host live training sessions to ensure that you can make the most out of the everyday features as well as those more customized features such as adding your logo to documents.

Pros

First, I really like how easy it is to upload documents straight from the dashboard without having to click on anything. That speaks to how simple and easy the dashboard is to navigate. Even somebody who has never used e-signature software before can figure out how to use the whole system from start to finish in sending documents for electronic signatures.

Cons

I do not like that I am not able to use this in an add-on for google products as well as Microsoft. That may simply be because it is not a ubiquitous as DocuSign, but this software has all of the same great features for half of the cost. It is still super easy to upload documents from Drive or SharePoint, but add-ons just make it more seamless.

Response from AccountSight

Hi Allegra, Thank you for providing such detailed and amazing feedback. eSign Genie is definitely very feature rich and affordable, we are happy to hear that you enjoy the ease of use as well! We currently do offer integration with 1000's of applications through Zapier, currently included in all plans for a limited time. You can create your own workflow and build automations. See all Zapier integrations for eSign Genie here: https://zapier.com/apps/esign-genie/integrations We would be happy to help you get all set up. Could you email us your review at cs@esigngenie.info so we can get in touch? We are here to help, and we hope to continue giving you the best experience going forward.

Replied September 2021

Rhona

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Press the button, and here comes eSign Genie to the rescue!

I'm grateful to the eSign Genie support team and Kuddos [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Everything that we needed to have done, was explained in one minute and I was advised on which plan, could make it happen as well as the price, and the ease of use. No chaos, No drama, but a simplified and Streamlined process overall. Once again, you have to be patient and not want it all done instantley...as it might take you a little bit of time (like maybe 10-20minutes if you just FOCUS in order to get it set up properly). Once you do this, it's done, and you can move onto your next project! Thanks so much.

Pros

Chat Support available... super helpful. They will provide you with the LINKS to screen shots and videos that you need to get what you need done. You must take your time and not rush when setting up, as to ensure no hiccups during use. Overall, great product and exceptional staff! Thanks again.

Cons

If you are overly anxious and need to know right this very second, of what to do, you need to take a deep breath, calm down, and THINK about what you actually need to get done. You need to do this before dismissing the product or get frustrated. In my opinion, the product can do and will do what you need to get done. But you need to have a bit of patience.... from there it's all go.

Reasons for choosing Foxit eSign

Less chaos and a sincere effort from eSign Genie Leaders and Team Members to ensure that we are signing up for the RIGHT plan. They are truly concerned with providing you what is best for your company opposed to just trying to sell you on an annual subscription of something that we may not even need. Testing is everything and after getting clarity on what we needed done was possible, it was a no brainer. Thank you eSign Genie, and looking forward to working with you in 2021 and beyond!

Reasons for switching to Foxit eSign

Although Adobe is great company, unfortunately, each call winded up being 1hr, 55min and being transferred back and forth from sales to tech support, and then back to sales and ultimately, for someone to call me back within 4 hours. This took place on 3 different days, over a period of 2 weeks. Submitting a form for someone to get back to you, and unfortuantely no one would get back to you. You must call them. Once again Adobe is a Great company, but not sure what is taking place internally. Due to the frustration and fact that each Rep/Team Member provided completely different information, for each call, just for a simple embed of Online form.... I had no choice but to chalk it up to experience and walk away.

Dayna

For very basic use only

Overall it is an ok software and will do. For the price it is reasonable.

Pros

For extremely basic use this product does quite well! Online chatting went well also, again, as long as you have very basic questions or problems.

Cons

Unfortunately our company needed intermediate usage and found ourselves quite frustrated frequently. Sending out documents where more than one person, like a married couple, are using the same email address has several glitches. More than 40-50 times, out of sending over 400 documents, the second signature defaulted to the first persons name. So you got a document back with the same name signed twice. And technical support, all the times we contacted them, we're almost completely useless on this issue. Plus you had to describe exactly what went wrong every time you contacted them. It's as if they do not keep any notes. Very frustrating and no resolution. We are looking into a different signing company again.

Reasons for choosing Foxit eSign

It allowed us to have more than one signature from the same email address, or so we thought....

Reasons for switching to Foxit eSign

The price. Docusign tripled there prices which is very unfortunate because we have not had problems with their software.

Response from eSign Genie

Hi Dayna, Thank you for your review of the application. We will launch an investigation to see why this issue is occurring. You can certainly use a shared common email between husband and wife; however, frequent name changes during data entry may have been difficult in our system due to security and identity management issues. While we do understand it is frustrating not be able to keep changing names of the people, it makes our system safer and legally binding. We will reach out to you again to train you further to show you how to avoid such issues. We do have a hundreds of companies using this feature and are very happy with the results. If you can spend a little time in showing us the issue you are facing, we will make sure that our team will do everything possible to eliminate any problems. Again, sincere apologies for any inconvenience. We will launch an investigation. We will appreciate your showing us the problem on an online meeting.

Replied November 2019

Steve

September 2022

Great way to start your digital signing process

Overall we liked the product, despite it's issues. It got us through the times during COVID when we couldn't have face to face interactions with our customers and made it easy to virtually enroll students. It was easy to learn and use so it didn't add that extra stress of having to figure out a complicated system.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to jump in and start adding fillable fields on to our previously created forms. There wasn't much training needed and I could get the softward to do most of what we needed it to do. I also loved the audit trail so I was able to easily see where our participants were at in their process of completing and signing our applications. I was not the actual user of the software, I was the creator so I can't speak personally about the use of it. Based on feedback there were only minor issues with the software.

Cons

We updated forms with new or udpated fields pretty often but Foxit did not allow for pages to be replaced with the update versions. Because of this whenver we made changes I had to re-do all of the fillable fields for the entire application which was very time consuming and tedious. It also would have been great if the software could read the uploaded documents and add fillable fields based on what it sees so we didn't have to add fillable fields for everything every time (Adobe has this feature and it's great!)

Reasons for choosing Foxit eSign

Biggest reason was cost for what we needed.

Jodie