• icon"Furthermore, the functionality and customization options in the message that is sent to the user is outstanding."
  • icon"It is easy to save a template and add in one off documents for customized sends. Once you have documents set up, you simply add the contact and are good to go."
  • icon"I love how hello sign makes it so easy to sign documents for my business without having to print it out."
  • icon"The template feature is a bit unusual to navigate; I often resort to setting up my signatures manually because of this barrier."
  • icon"I haven't found anything specific I dislike about this software."
  • icon"Still has trouble finding emails and names even if you have sent to the same people repeatedly."

Browse all Dropbox Sign Reviews

• Have you used Dropbox Sign and would like to share your experience with others?

Tyler Jae

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

December 2021

Excellent electronic signature capture tool

Frane

Better than DocuSign!

Amazing!

Pros

The feature that sets HelloSign apart from the competition, especially DocuSign is the unlimited envelopes (documents) you as a user can send out in a year.

Cons

Feature that would be good to have is to be able to replace the underlying document once you are in the preparation phase of the document and when you have already set the 'fields or text boxes' in the document, so that if you notice there is a misspelled word or something that needs to be changed you can simply upload a 'corrected' version and keep all the 'fields or text boxes' in the place where you already had them. It would help save a lot of time especially if you are working with longer documents collecting initials from each signer on each page.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Sign

Hellosign does not limit me on how many envelopes a year I can send out and collect signatures.

Response from HelloSign

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Frane. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about corrected version fields to our product team. Thank you again!

High Quality, Great Value, Should be The Industry Leader

Pros

Crafting what needs to be signed and where on the document is incredibly simple. In addition, sharing this document with a client who can sign seamlessly without a clunky and frustrating account creation process is a game changer. Night and day better than docusign.

Cons

Sometimes the placement of signature boxes can glitch when creating the document. I would like this to be explored and ironed out entirely if possible

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Sign

It was junk. Not only was it difficult to create documents, our clients were often times unable to make the account to sign. This is the last thing a business needs. Hellosign made this process straightforward for us that eliminated unnecessary client friction.

Response from HelloSign

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about field placement to our product team. Thank you again!

Shoaib

1 2 3.. Sign

Exceptional. No more printing and mailing for signatures.. Worth every penny.

Pros

Hellosign is extremely user friendly, we have team members who aren't great with technology and even they didn't have any issues working with Hellosign.

Cons

It doesn't have options for blue ink as a signature. In the middle east where we operate, some organisations require signature in blue ink. I did suggest this feature but I guess it is still being considered. Some features such as having the option to remove the document ID and separating the audit trail is only available if you go for the business plan. Which wasn't the issue for us since we required more users but if u need less than 5 users then that may be a thing for you to consider.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Sign

More user friendly. I was responsible for choosing a product which everyone in the team regardless of how good they are with technology will be able to use. Hellosign was just that.

Haylie

October 2022

I have had a good overall experience. Few complaints with this software

Pros

I like that you can upload any document to send to sign through HelloSign. I also like that it reminds the signer to sign the document every so often and you can send reminders as well

Cons

Sometimes my clients find it difficult to sign the document. I think there needs to be more of an obvious button to complete the form at the end or maybe a prompt when the last box is completed

Company choice

Response from HelloSign

Thank you for sharing your feedback Haylie. Great to hear the reminders feature is helping to get your documents signed a little easier.

Darren

October 2022

Okay product, but absoutely the worst customer service

Pros

Initially (several years ago) the user experience of this software was better than most, back when Docusign was the only game in town. We chose HelloSign based on that. Today that's no longer the case and there are many products with a better overall UI and user experience (UX), like PandaDoc.

Cons

The product support for HelloSign is absolutely the worst of any SaaS (cloud-based) document signing product available today. I'm not sure if it's the result of DropBox acquiring them and trying to save money, or what but if you have the option to choose a solution like this go with PandaDoc or even Docusign.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Sign

At the time there were few products available in the space. DocuSign ws the first but the user-experience wasn't as good as HelloSign. Today, HelloSign is the same but many new products entered the market and even DocuSign evolved.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Sign

The horrible customer service.

Response from HelloSign

We're sorry to hear you've had trouble with our support team. We'll be sure to share your experience with the team. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback Darren.

Marc Joseph

September 2022

Hello!

10/10

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate especially when sending contracts.

Cons

I love everything about this software. It's functionality, ease of use, and simplicity. Everything is impeccable

Response from HelloSign

Thanks for sharing your feedback Marc!

Replied September 2022

Yassine

HelloSign is a perfect tool for documents eSignature

HelloSign helps me a lot on the legal aspect of my business because it allows me to sign contracts with international customers, I just have to send the contract to their email and collect the signed documents instantly and this saves me from a lot of hassle that I would have to deal with if I wasn’t using hellosign. The dashboard is also super useful because I can track which documents are completed and which ones aren’t signed yet.

Pros

HelloSign is an easy to use tool and it’s also mobile-friendly, it allows me to save a lot of time by using my pre-saved templates whenever I'm onboarding a new client and because I don’t waste time on getting the contract ready I usually have my clients sign the contract while we’re still on the onboarding call so we can get the legal documents out of the way and start as soon as possible.

Cons

Unfortunately, hellosign can’t integrate with payments processors like Stripe and PayPal so it’s not possible to collect payments from customers as they sign the contract.

Aman Preet

May 2022

Pros and cons of Hello sign software

According to the main business requirements i.e. our main requirement hello sign stood up to the mark and we are able to fullfill our task in time and with efficiency.

Pros

There are few aspects of this product which i like the most and they are: 1. Good configuration flow management where we can configure it with other tools. 2. Data security and authentication to protect the critical and important documents.

Cons

The very first things that I didn't like was the easy of use which was compatively less when i will compare it with other tools other than that the lagging that sometimes I face while using hello sign.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Sign

Because our main business objectives i.e. to have to clear digital/electronic signature and data security was provided in a better way by hello sign software.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Sign

Because in other products i was not able to get the perfect digital signature i.e. not of good quality and along with that a bit fussy UI of the software makes it harder to follow the workflow

Danica

Hello...SIGN! An Electronic Signature Alternative

It's been a great experience using HelloSign. My company was able to save money by switching to this platform and it has great usability. It's been really great using this product! I highly recommend HelloSign.

Pros

I like the user interface on this product. It's very user friendly and easy to navigate between functions. I also love that there is the ability to create template and template links. The template links are a great option so you can share in bulk or don't want to type an email address in each time you send the same form to someone.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't a good customer service function. It's hard to get help and you have to contact the company via email.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Sign

HelloSign had the best product value and features that we needed.

Cost effectiveness.

Nicole

Great product

Pros

It's reasonable price compared to other e-signature platforms. The ease of the system and being able to create templates to reuse are great.

Cons

Not being able to replace a document with a new file if the parties have not opened the original file yet.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Sign

Pricing was reasonable and have the same features.

Response from HelloSign

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Nicole. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about replacing the original document to our product team. Thank you again!

Patrice

Industry: Veterinary

My favorite eSignature company!

I used to print out and have clients read over a contract in person, which was a waste of everyone's time. Now I can send it ahead of time, get covered before I show up, and it allows the clients to ask questions about the contract before I arrive.

Pros

I like that it's easy for clients to use, it is very customizable, you can create templates for frequently sent contracts and you can require multiple signatures (including from yourself).

Cons

Honestly, the only challenge I had with the software was in the beginning learning where everything lived. But it is still a very easy to use program.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Sign

The pricing and features it offered seemed like a better deal than the other two, and I feel it is!

June 2022

Works intuitively and as expected

Exceptional

Pros

Didn't need any support to get started and continue using.

Cons

Hmmm, Can't think of anything. This totally meets our needs.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Sign

We used Drop Box and it is integrated seamlessly.

Response from HelloSign

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! Thank you again!

Kate

June 2022

Great for coaching businesses!

Great! I would recommend to other coaches!

Pros

Easy to use and get a signature from a client remotely.

Cons

Took a few tries to get the hang of using it. Now it's easy!

more affordable.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Sign

Cost, hello sign was less expensive and did the same thing.

Response from HelloSign

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Kate. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about learning and onboarding to our product team. Thank you again!

Joe

Hellosign

Pros

It's just an alternative to docusign. It's just for signatures and other necessary informations that could be needed

Cons

Nothing really I'm satisfied just that sometimes the email notifications might not really respond before time

Response from HelloSign

Thanks for sharing your feedback Joe! This can be helpful for those who are starting their search for an eSignature solution.

Mary

June 2022

If you can open an email, you can sign electronically.

I've had trouble in the past with clients, particularly older ones, who did not know how to electronically sign a document. This is incredibly easy for them to use. I have not had one client who was unable to sign. This became very important during Covid when even local clients were unable to sign in person. I've used other software, usually through their free trial offer. When I tried HelloSign as a free trial offer, I was sold.

Pros

We send tax documents to clients across the country. Now they can easily sign them and return them to us. They do not required any specific software, apps or know-how. If they can open an email, they can sign the document. This is especially important for our older clients and our non-English speaking clients. It does not integrate with my software, but that is because they have their own program they want you to buy. But it is easy to print to PDF and drag and drop. Another great feature is the automatic email reminders that you can set up. I can tell if a client has viewed the document, signed the document, or if only one spouse has signed. But I do not have to monitor this daily. HelloSign will send reminders that they have not completed all actions.

Cons

My tax software normally issues a password for each set of documents which I cannot use when sending out the signatures. This may be something that is available in an upgrade, but not in the standard package. Although we normally verify them anyway, we take extra steps to ensure that the email address is correct/current.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Sign

Cost was somewhat of a factor but DocuSign also limited the number of signatures. HelloSign has unlimited signatures which really comes in handy when you have to amend documents and send them out again for new signatures. The internal signature software available for purchase through my tax software also had limits on signatures and length of time to store the documents.

Response from HelloSign

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Mary. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about the pricing tiers for password protection to our product team. Thank you again!

William

June 2022

Excellent Value when compared to their biggest competitor

Excellent Value for Entrepreneurs and Start-Ups. ULIMITED actually means UNLIMITED, unlike their more expensive competitor who offer unlimited until you get to 8 sends per month, then their 'fair-use' policy kicks in to charge extra fees or attempts to coerce you into 'upgrading'. Thus far I have sent 27 documents out for e-Signature. ZERO ISSUE. Smooth. I get an email verifying the Send, the Read and the instant the doc has been Signed by each party, and then a Completion Notice. Overall I wanted value for my $$$... I found that with HelloSign. Very happy!!

Pros

ULIMITED Document Send4Signature(s) actually translates into UNLIMITED without ANY 'fine print' surprise limitations under some 'fair use' policy garbage. THIS was the a huge

Cons

I wish the HelloSign APP was available in Canada. No idea why it's not. Makes ZERO sense to me. I can still access it on my phone but I have to sign in using a mobile browser, and THAT means my use can be tracked by companies like Google and Samsung... I DO NOT LIKE THAT! I like an APP that I click on and I'm right there to do business without the extra strokes and 2FA. That annoys me.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Sign

DocuSign is NOT actually UNLIMITED, it has actual limitations, so DocuSign is actually misrepresenting its product, as least the Single User Option I was considering. THAT pi**ed me off. As far as Signaturely, I really wanted to go with them, but I had issues navigating their platform, too many 'error' messages, and their customer service solution was absolutely too slow to respond, and even though my previous trial with them was absolutely positive, but Signaturely was still 1000% easier to navigate than Adobe Sign. We actually have a Adobe Acrobat DC subscription which includes a Signing App, but the Adobe Sign navigation system is brutal, frustrating and annoying. I have zero time to dedicate to learning their system. I even downloaded, printed off and read their 69 page Adobe Sign User Guide. Short version, it's NOT INTUITIVE for me. I spent about 2 hours figuring out a particular solution to an issue I was having, but I had to cruise all over their website to find that solution. TOO Cumbersome. I will never use it, even though it's basically Free with our current subscription, what's that tell you. Either I'm a total idiot, or their navigation system sux. I'm going with the latter, and I have zero intention of wasting more of my time with Adobe. One would perhaps assume that a corporation the size of Adobe would spend a few more shekels on product development for this one.... apparently the bean counters have taken overridden or fired the common sense team.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Sign

I was using their trial subscription which I really liked, and was about to sign up as I needed more per month than their trial would allow, but I read their terms and conditions and found that their UNLIMITED is NOT Unlimited with DocuSign. Their UNLIMITED for a Single User is 8 actually per month, at least that is what I found. I did not like that little hidden codicil, I don't like sneaky buried policies. UNLIMITED SHOULD TRANSLATE INTO UNLIMITED, not become subject to some 'fair-use' policy. I have not run into that 'limitation' with HELLOSIGN... HelloSign actually delivers UNLIMITED without me having to worry about some hidden policy that is not spelled out right up front. Since April 2022 I have sent out 27 docs for signatures with complete success and ZERO Surprises. I made the correct choice. THAT is why I decided to fill out this REVIEW, to save other small enterprises hidden surprises. Our cash resources are tight and I do NOT like surprises that may or will cost me more than I budgeted.

Response from HelloSign

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, William. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about the 2fa barriers in Canada to our product team. Thank you again!

Uziel

June 2022

Perfect for Construction companies and builders

We love Hellosign. We don't see us switching over to any other platform any time soon. Besides the one flaw this software has, it has shown several solutions for flaws found in competitors.

Pros

The software is really user friendly. We switched over from a competitor due to the lower price with HelloSign. They fit our needs perfectly and we love that we don't get limited to how many documents we can send a year which was an issue with every single competitor I have come across with.

Cons

You can't modify a document after it's been sent. Sometimes one customer has signed but the document isn't complete until all parties have signed. This is the only flaw I have seen. It can make it difficult as sometime we decide only one customer signature is good, then we can't simply remove the other person who won't sign off of it. This makes us have to recreate the entire envelope to resend to customer and explain to them why they are resigning. Having this feature would save everyone a lot of time and would be greatly appreciated.

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Sign

The name for the competitor sounded childish. Hellosign has a more simple and professional sound to it.

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Sign

Pricing and limited envelopes per year

Ashley

HelloSign Review- Used Daily

We have to have contracts signed in order to do our day to day processes so having the ability to sent them through this system, and be able to afford to do so, makes the process a 1,000 times faster and has increased our production and minimizes the redos we have had.

Pros

We were using a different product prior to switching over to HelloSign but that one got way too expensive. When we found this product it was exactly the same processes and detail only at a rate that us as a company could afford. We loved this so much we even brought another of our friends over to the product as well!

Cons

It would be nice it we could resend documents to customers through the mobile app, that would give me the ability to literally work from anywhere at any time but it is still better than anything else we reviewed or looked at purchasing

Reasons for choosing Dropbox Sign

I just went online and started looking up companies/products that were similar to the one currently in use to see what our options were. There were a couple of them that were trialed but HelloSign was most like what we were used to using and had everything we needed to transition smoothly and just continue moving forward with our day to day processes

Reasons for switching to Dropbox Sign

Cost, this was the same exact product just what we needed to be able to afford to continue to utilize this process in our tiny business

Response from HelloSign

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience, Ashley. It makes a difference to folks who are new to eSignature! We'll definitely pass on this feedback about mobile app sending to our product team. Thank you again!

Randy