• Pros

• "Good program, easy to use. The program has a lot of nice features such as being able to convert documents to other formats."

• "I like its ease of use. quite intuitively designed. Also quite powerful. The features are pretty good."

• "It is very easy to install and to setup. The licensing is also reasonable and it is easy to renew. The signing functionality is great"

• Cons

• "Sometimes getting freeze when working, but has the recover ability"

• "I wish it had a better eraser feature, but other than that I think it really is a good product!"

• "The website to purchase the software was a little bit confusing, with some outdated links and information, though the software itself has been great without any flaws found so far."

Browse Nitro Reviews

Wajih from Ltec

Daily User Review

I am using Nitro for my all electrical and pneumatic diagrams at works

Pros

The most think I like about this software is kiping the original view of pdf files unlike other softwares that they makes it disordered. I like also how it is easy to toggle between files and make them under same icon in the taskbar unlike other softwares and when you slide the cursor on it you see only window containing all pdf ! really nice !

Cons

I don't like the advertising bar appearing under the menu, it's bothersome

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

Because I don't like separating windows of pdf files !

Michelle from Alexander City Board of Education

Nitro saves my life for personal and business!

We have documents and manuals that are hundreds of pages and Nitro makes it easy to open these manuals, change the things we need to change, add things at just one click and manipulate our outcome to be exactly what we need. I'm real impressed with Nitro and wish it would have came in my life years ago when I was struggling. I would resort to using online pdf converting tools and then would have to either pay or it just doesn't do what I need it to do. But since purchasing Nitro it gives me the ease to manipulate and change our files/manuals that have to updated yearly. There may be a 300 page manual that needs 2 things changed and Nitro makes it so easy to do. I love Nitro. I will definitely be purchasing it for my home personal use as well.

Pros

Nitro gives me the ease to navigate my pdf files where I can edit, convert, erase, make forms and maneuver around my pdf to delete or even copy pages of a lengthy document. To be able to edit a .pdf is where I see that Nitro is a step above the rest. It reads every aspect of my document line by line and I can edit, delete or even add words. Being able to edit a pdf file and make it look so much like the original is what I absolutely love! This program should have came in my life years ago because it is user friendly, easy to do things within the platform and the tools are easy to understand. I actually assisted a friend in a 100+ page document in minutes. There were dates and things that needed updating and Nitro made this so much easier for me with just a few clicks. I love Nitro!!! Jump on this software program, you won't be disappointed!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is sometimes when I am converting a file to word, if the file, for example has a line or colored box in the original pdf file, it will definitely read that but it makes if so difficult in Word to go through the file to delete all the "trash" that it converted. Now don't get me wrong that is what it is supposed to do when it converts a file, but it gets tiresome to find all the mistakes that it is supposed to convert. So this is just an user pet peeve. Sometimes it will also convert the text in different fonts, but that may be just a user error as well.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

I couldn't maneuver with Adobe like I can with Nitro. Adobe just isn't user friendly, outdated by my standards and I just got tired of it not doing what I needed it to do. But Nitro, my God, it gives me the ease to do what I need it to do at the drop of a hat and when I print out my completed document/manual or convert it, everything is exactly how I want it to be.

Mark from Spinfleet.com

Industry: Security and Investigations

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

The complete lack of support has sent me elsewhere. I have been fooling around with them for well over a month with no resolution. GOODBYE

Pros

Easy to use, this software has great features, it is probably the best software for PDF programs.

Cons

The customer support, or rather lack thereof. The support team takes an extremly long time to reply 4-5 days on some emails. They keep sending the same broken link, and same answers. They do not have a number or a person that you can speak to. It is a shame for software to have such crappy service when the product is good.

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

cost. But I am going back, support is worth the difference

Nitro was easier to use

Talha from Nebula

Easy way to create PDF and extract contents from PDF

Nitro is my one stop PDF solution. I use it extensively almost everyday and have purchased/installed it for our various teams. Since we moved from Adobe's Acrobat it has been a very smooth transition and people have found out scanning and PDF conversion very easy.

Pros

Combining multiple files to form a single PDF and ability to easily disintegrate PDF into multiple ones. The UI is lucid and doesn't occupy a lot of memory even if you are working on multiple PDFs.

Cons

OCR scanning comes with errors, extracting text from a file will have small errors. While you convert a PDF to MS Word file it will lose the formatting and you may need to reformat the file which is a bit of a hassle.

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

Heard it from my friends working with large software companies about it benefits and ease of use. It was an easy decision to make.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

The cost was too high and our organization is intensive towards Scanning files and storing PDF. Other teams found Adobe too cumbersome to operate and the software in itself was consuming a lot of memory.

Donna from Investment Resources

Full featured, and available in a desktop version

I use this program when downloading reports, pages, etc. and then taking key parts out to use in customized reports for my clients. Also use to combine materials in several formats (jpeg, docx, xlsx, etc) into one document, or create PDFs from word docs that I don't want easily edited.

Pros

I am on my 4th version of Nitro since first purchasing it 8+ years ago as a cheaper alternative to Adobe Acrobat. I like the edit ability, ease of printing and creating PDF's and the ability to highlight text or insert comments into documents. Past versions had more tech issues, but whenever I have contacted support, they responded quickly and got the issues resolved. I like that it's not cloud-based, my preference is to purchase a software product and own it on my desktop, vs paying fees into infinity. I have not used some of the advanced features like OCR but works very well for being able to snapshot, add text or copy text.

Cons

The highlight feature is only in one color, and have to remember to turn off highlighting before switching to selecting text for copying or screenshots. The add text feature interface is a little clunky, it's hard to edit that text once you've typed it, sometimes easier to just delete and start over. Print to PDF not currently working with some sites in Firefox, so have resorted to using Microsoft Print to PDF free version and then having to go back and open from Nitro directly.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Wanted a more full featured PDF program at a reasonable cost

Matthew from Safeware, Inc.

Nothing better for PDFs!

So many things are in PDF form, which poised quite an issue given the nature of Insurance and claims makes it imperative to have everything precisely documented. Before Nitro I had to hand type it all. For anyone who isn't adept at typing that can be quite a challenge when having to document the Terms & Conditions of an Insurance plan. Adobe always gave me problems with being able to select the text, while Nitro does it with ease.

Pros

Nitro's functionality is hands down better than Adobe when it comes to PDFs. It allows to quickly combine files, export to Word & Excel, extract specific pages quickly, is great at selecting text, etc. etc. For the cost it can't be beat!

Cons

The interface is crammed with a lot of tools and options, but not very intuitive. Get past the leaning curve though and you'll love it.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

While Adobe does a lot of things very well, and has a ton of features, but didn't need 99% of them. Nitro offers just what I need, and with a much lower cost was a no-brainer decision to make the switch.

Wesley from Arts Council of Fort Worth

Great for viewing and signing PDFs

I purchased a personal license for Nitro after trying out a few free PDF tools (usually requiring multiple different software solutions to handle different jobs like compiling or rearranging pages of a PDF and signing a document). Nitro has all of the features I regularly use and some that I don't use often, but really appreciate when I need them.

Pros

Nitro Pro checks all the boxes as a PDF viewer and document signer. The interface is intuitive and it seems to be much less CPU intensive compared to Adobe Acrobat and some other PDF tools that I tried while making my decision.

Cons

While I usually edit PDFs in GIMP or another program, there are some simple edits, like cutting and moving an image in a PDF, that are not easy to do in Nitro. However, Nitro does an excellent job converting text and images and their basic fillable form tools are really easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

I still use Acrobat on my work computer, but while I'm working from home, I much prefer Nitro. It gives me less trouble, I know my way around it better now, it takes up less CPU. Best of all, I only had to pay for it one time (really getting burnt out on subscription software).

Elena from Stark Enterprises

Great switch to save money

I use Nitro on a daily basis and through the switch I was able to continue to do my job efficiently. We were only given a short period of time to get used to a new program, it took no time to get used to the format. I was an adobe lover and was hesitant having to use something new. I would recommend this to any business or anyone looking for a good program in comparison.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. We switched from a more expensive software and Nitro was able to do everything the old one did plus more!

Cons

Only con that I have noticed is sometimes the page view will lag when adding pages or scrolling through the side panel. This makes it difficult to transfer pages quickly but with some patience it works just fine.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Company wanted to find something more cost efficient

David from Self Employed

Great PDF software

I've enjoyed using it and will continue to use it for my PDF viewing needs.

Pros

I've used the free version of Nitro PDF software and I really like it. It's simple to use, has expected features and isn't as clunky as Adobe. Works very well.

Cons

You either can't or only have limited options to create a PDF without the paid version.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Adobe was clunky and seemed like it was slowing my computer down and causing issues. I've never had any problems with Nitro.

Ganjar from Rumah BaCa

Nitro best pdf processor for your value of money

I use Nitro to produce documents and letters necessary for college classes. Thus, it is very convenient to use Nitro.

Pros

Nitro provides complete tools to work with pdf files. Not only capable of reviewing and marking up files, users can use Nitro to split, combine or edit their pdf files. All these features are put in very intuitive user interface, which tremendously helps casual users.

Cons

Nitro PDF sometime hangs and crashes while processing documents. This is rather unfortunate since the incidents will disrupt the workflow.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Nitro offers more useful functions compared to Adobe Reader with a more reasonable price.

Emad from Sino Holding Group

Industry: Machinery

Nitro PDF is the best PDF processor in the market in my opinion

it's simply the most amazing and practical PDF processor you could ever want.

Pros

Part of my job requires reading and editing reports and other files in PDF formats extensively among many other things, I used to try many different PDF processors either paid or free but each of them had its fair share of issues that i couldn't live with, until i switched to Nitro pdf which is now by far my favorite goto pdf reader and processor,since then i never looked back, it made my life easier and increased my productivity, it excels large and by far in performance department, it's very light and doesn't consume too much of your machine resources which mean it can work easily with any machine without the need for any certain requirements, it's very efficient when it comes to multitasking and has a very nice feature of batch processing where it can process multiple files at the same time easily and quickly, it's packed with tons of features that you could use to edit your pdf, it's compatible with other programs and can export your files to other formats so it can work flawlessly with them with no problem. it's very easy to learn and use, it has a very user friendly interface that you will find very similar to other programs.

Cons

I would say that the cloud support isn't the best and it needs a little attention but that won't ruin the great overall user experience you get out of this program.

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

It was cheaper and on sale so i give it a shot.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

very heavy and resource consuming, and has tons of restrictions that i didn't like.

Stacy from Unknown Paranormal

PDF made easy

Our switch from Adobe to Nitro was painless. Nitro has all the same plugins, so even when using it with our mail program, it works flawlessly! Of course it has a browser plugin, so when opening PDF files online, it will open them in the browser.

Pros

Cost! Straight and simple, cost is the best thing about Nitro Software. It's only a fraction of the price of it's major competitor, Adobe Acrobat. We were using Adobe, but one of my team members recommended that we try Nitro, as a cost cutting measure. we switched two years ago and haven't looked back. Honestly we have the same functionality as we did with Adobe.

Cons

Nothing major as far a con goes, but I've had the software freeze a few times, but to be honest, Adobe did the same thing! It's never a big deal as it auto saves and you pick up where you left off.

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

Nitro has the perfect business model. Don't overcharge for your products and you'll keep your customers. My team didn't even hardly notice the change from Adobe to Nitro, but our spending account sure did! Nitro has a quality product which you don't have to blow your whole budget on!

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Our switch was 100% due to cost. Why pay extra for something you can get at a fraction of the cost! We are a non-for-profit, so we need every penny we can get. The savings from this allowed us to have money in the budget for expenses!

Racey from Eliassen Group

NitroPDF > Adobe Acrobat

Not paying Adobe their absurd licensing costs.

Pros

For the absurd cost I can't see why anyone would use Acrobat over Nitro PDF. Nitro PDF costs well less than half of what an Acrobat Pro license costs, and there is no super amazing functionality Acrobat has that Nitro doesn't that would justify spending your money with Adobe. Nitro is more than sufficient, and even their free PDF reader has more functionality than Adobe's to boot. Additionally, at least from a corporate perspective, every time I ever contact Nitro for something like a licensing quote, a question, or even for technical support (essentially never needed) they were always ultra responsive and professional. I think about an hour or so is the longest they have ever taken to get back to me and I've been doing business with them for five years at this point.

Cons

The only con is a fairly minor one, is a bit of a technical issue, and the only reason I gave overall quality four stars. Sometimes when closing a PDF the Nitro process will get hung. The next time you attempt to open a PDF, nothing will happen. You won't get an error or anything, but you'll double click the file and simply (seemingly) nothing happens. Well, in actuality another instance of the Nitro process launches, but the user visually sees nothing. If you run into this and go look at running processes you'll see an instance of the Nitro process running for every time you tried to open a PDF after it got hung up. The fix is to either manually kill all the processes or just have the user log out and log back in (which does the same thing). No need to restart the machine or anything, just need to kill those processes one way or another. Having said that, I will tell you that I have run Nitro in my environment for more than 100 users for the last five+ years and would see someone have this problem maybe once a month. If you do the math on the number of PDFs being opened and worked on every day you would end up with an error rate of something absurd like .00001. Only an IT administrator or helpdesk tech would ever even be aware of such an issue and a home user will likely never run into this. It's also possible that they've corrected this is the most current version, I'm still using 9 Pro (had this issue in v8 also, current is v11 Pro).

Hiran from Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

Powerful PDF software to work in PDF software.

The essential PDF software gives full access to create or edit the document file loaded with features and functions.

Pros

It gives full power over editing the document file. The user interface is user friendly with many layouts of tools. The document converter option available to convert pdf document to word and excel. E signature option is available to make a process paperless. The user can insert an image to the pdf document file and also set image resolutions. The user can encrypt the file with the password. Transition in between the tabs is smooth and quick. The software theme is available in light mode and dark mode. This software is robust and secured. Annotating option help the user to annotate the required fields in the document.

Cons

The subscription plan needs to be more flexible. The customer support is pathetic they are late responsive and the resolution of the issue is also late. The Nitro PDF reader is a bit slow in transition when the user opened multiple files.

Alejandro from guionlab

Industry: Writing and Editing

The best second option

Nitro is an excellent choice if you work mainly with texts and documents. If your concern is just handling the PDF world, then this is your best option. It has a lot of compatibility and is a strong software.

Pros

Nitro Pro is a complete software for PDF’s. You can create PDFs from JPEGs, PNG, office documents or even other PDFs. The software is easy to use and has some nice add-ons like OCR, for scanned documents and annotation features. You wouldn't miss acrobat a bit. I actually prefer this software. It Is a standalone product, and you don't have to deal with subscriptions or other hassles like in adobe.

Cons

Sometimes the software is too bloated. My laptop can barely handle it. It has occasional freezing. So I rarely use it to read PDFs, I use nitro for its creation capabilities. To be fair I use a computer that is 5 years old. Otherwise, there is no problem with this software

Santiago from El Brunch Show

Using pdf has never been so easy.

In the world of digital work, PDF documents come and go, in many opportunities, I receive information necessary to complete presentations but being in that format is difficult, that was before using Nitro, now I have the possibility of editing all the files that come to me in PDF format, as well as being able to create my own PDF files without limitations. The other benefit is the savings in my finances, applications or similar tools you get at higher prices than those offered by Nitro, so I highly recommend its implementation if you work in catalogs, reports, budgets, digital books, your memories, among others, Nitro's capabilities are lost sight of.

Pros

Of the things that I like most about Nitro, is that I can do multiple actions with the digital documents that come to me, or with those I believe. I can edit any content and offer it under the protection standards that I decide to put on it. Apart from the Nitro format, it adapts easily to any other system, another element that makes me feel when I use it. Another factor that has offered me that very few in the market can match, is the digital signature, thanks to that I have been able to transmit files with the support of my signature without being physically anywhere else, be it national or international, a very functional innovation. In addition, you can count on the support of the company in other areas such as the cloud, now imagine that so many other things you can do, I am very happy with everything that Nitro offers me.

Cons

I have been using their services for several years and I am pleasantly satisfied, I have not had problems since I decided to invest in their platform, but I think that it can improve the price offer for new and old customers, it is not a factor that determines my use or not, in my case does not apply, but for entrepreneurs who do not have the right time, it may be different.

Free PDF Creator

I love the PrimoPDF software. I've been using it for years and it's very easy to use once you have it installed on your computer.

Pros

I use Nitro's PrimoPDF printer and it not only saves me the cost of the expensive Adobe PDF software, the PrimoPDF works very well. Once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, it automatically shows up in your printer pull down window. It's easy to create a PDF to send to my client.

Cons

When you download the software, be careful not to allow it to also install secondary software on your computer that can cause problems. I had to work hard to uninstall the other software that came with the PrimoPDF. So pay attention to make sure you check the box that says not to install anything else while downloading.

Adobe is too expensive

Shikha from ApTask

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Efficient, Smart and User Friendly

I have had a good experience with Nitro so far and since I use this software on daily basis, I can vouch that it is the best on the market right now for small to medium scale companies.

Pros

I am an HR professional and have been using this software for almost 4 years now. This is one of the best PDF editor software in the market. As an HR professional, I work with documents all day and we need to edit documents every time as per the employee/client’s specifications. Nitro PDF makes it easier for me to edit the document. It also provides features like electronic signing, adding comments, erase the unwanted sentences, highlighting and many other interesting features. You can change the font of the text and make it compatible as per the rest of the document. It also allows you to stamp, watermark and add images to the document. It even provides a feature to combine and extract pages from a file. It is user-friendly application and works well on Windows and has an in-built spell check feature.

Cons

There are times when the software stops working in the middle of work and the only option left is to close the file and start over. This is very annoying and disrupt the work. Not sure how true this is but it does not work well with IOS.

David from Regent Homes

Works good, but needs bugs fixed.

Overall the experience with Nitro is good for our home building company and all of the files we have to deal with on a daily basis. I just wish they would send out patches to fix the glitches.

Pros

This software has a very good set of features that are very simple to use and find. It does a good job on reading all of our big plan sets and helping us extract pages and sets with ease

Cons

This software has a lot of bugs that need to be addressed. It has a tendency to crash when there are too many layers on our landscape plans. The toolbar never holds on to the items I save for easy use. It randomly gets stuck after reopening certain files.

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

Better features and most users in the office were used to it from previous work

A good Editor and pdf reader for users

This made my life easier, and would definitely recommend this to my friends and Co- workers.

Pros

Nitro explains thas issue, it's converter is the best it is hands on its best element. Where it truly sparkles is while changing over PDFs, how often do we have a pdf and we require some piece of the report or an exceed expectations table and it's a bad dream to reorder them in view of configurations. This is a decent PDF peruser it will take care of business. Nitro has an element where you can change over it into Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and furthermore to Image jpeg. I cherish this program since it has pleasant highlights which can enable you to alter, Read/View, and furthermore you dont need to hustle changing over any record. The most I cherish about nitro is that I can complete an advanced mark and I can alter the pdf the manner in which I need.

Cons

I don't have anything to say about it's cons but in the future they can apparatuses can be enhanced for the openness everything being equal, frequently restricting the instruments to utilize somewhat more promoting and installment strategies available to all nations in their local money.

Tim from Southern Health

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

I was skeptical

To compete with the king of this platform, you have to either be free or really good. Happily, Nitro is really good. The controls are, not surprisingly, different that the big A, but well laid-out and intuitive. And there is no comparison in terms of cost savings, so if you can live with it being a bit slower, you may be well-advised to try Nitro out.

Pros

To my pleasant surprise, Nitro brought a large suite of effective features to an industry dominated by one player. They worked really well, giving a cost-effective alternative.

Cons

It runs a bit slower than its primary rival. Generally not a problem, but if you are creating or even viewing a large number of pdf's this is frustrating.

Cost

Julie from A-1 Freeman Moving Group

Great for Many Uses

I have found Nitro to be a real timesaver with editing PDF files. You can quickly add text or update text, which is so helpful when you may not have the source document for editing.

Pros

Nitro is super simple to use, with no real training or instruction. I find it very intuitive. I use it frequently to combine PDF files, edit files, delete pages, etc. It makes my work much easier.

Cons

The only thing that I've found doesn't work perfectly every time is when you are trying to convert from a PDF into a Word or Excel file. The formatting doesn't translate properly. I have found that I can rarely use a converted document.

Vijay from Vitatsu Healthcare LLP

Over all i have been extremely satisfied. Most of the features especially the PDF to other format conversion do a great job.

Pros

Cons

I would like it to be little faster and little lighter. If needed create a separate version which is lighter and have limited use cases which are the most frequently used.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Foxit is faster than Nitro but again the is not very intuitive and has a learning curve. Also the feature like convert to other formats done work as great as Nitro.

Kaes from NHH

Richer features than other leading products

Overal very pleased as I mentioned above, love the features and the stability and seamless integration.

Pros

Nicer modern design, more robust search features, more flexible with tabs (can close all tabs to the right of a certain tab), viewing options and controls, very light on resources and integrates seamlessly with browsers. some of these features are not present in even the leading product.

Cons

In my use, I had no issues to report, editing probably is the only thing I missed In the free version.

Richer feature set

Chris from Federal Employee Representatives, Inc.

Continuous adaptation

With the savings on cost and implementation and overall performance, Nitro has become key in our day to day business. It speeds up reaction time with clients and gives us flexibility to work with whatever information is sent our way. Creating documents that fit the needs of all our recipients, never having to worry that someone can't open or review what is sent.

Pros

In a document based environment, where we continually have the need to convert to pdf and then edit those and other pdf documents, Nitro has taken off the restraints with the multiple functions for editing. Whether converting to word processing, creating forms, extracting or deleting pages,including e- signatures or simply typing directly into a pdf doc, Nitro's simplicity for the complicated saves us time.

Cons

There are still bugs, such as using up too many system resources (which slows us down a bit, but overall we still save time) because of interaction with other programs. Direct conversions take a little longer with Nitro than others, but given the access to editing it is a fair tradeoff. Sometimes files appear to save larger than expected.

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

After reading the reviews of each, the cost comparison and the minimal invasive restrictions (necessity for online accounts - while an option, not a requirement), it was the best option.

Dan from North American Dental Group

Never going back to Adobe

I use Nitro to review and sign documents, as well as to create documents that I do not want edited. I have enjoyed it since day 1.

Pros

The ease of being able to edit and revise .pdf files without having to convert to a different format is wonderful. I also love the "Quick Sign" feature that allows me to store multiple signatures.

Cons

Adobe seems too be a more popular software, so users on my teams often have questions about how to use a particular feature because they are not familiar with the software.

Reena from Adaptive Surface Technologies, Inc.

Industry: Research

Nitro is the preferred PDF editor

Nitro Pro is a great tool to use with PDFs and I have had a great experience with it so far

Pros

Nitro pro makes PDF editing and conversion of files into Microsoft Suite applications easy. The OCR feature is great for digitizing hand made notes. Additionally, a single license is very well priced.

Cons

It can lag sometimes but other than that there isn't really much to not like.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Nitro Pro is a great affordable alternative to Adobe Acrobat and in my opinion has superior features.

Makes working with PDFs simple

Nitro has made working with PDFs daily very fast and easy!

Pros

Nitro is simple and easy to use. You can easily convert documents to PDF and you can covert PDFs to Word Docs. This program is very user friendly.

Cons

There are times when trying to redact or add text boxes that it can be a little touchy. At times when you try to print a document it will not automatically rotate to fit the document.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Once I used Nitro the first time there was no going back.

Mohammed Umar Farooq from BLDEA College of Engineering and Technology, Vijayapur

Play with PDFs in the way you want.

It is worth every penny you spend and can use it to create, edit, share, convert the PDFs. Worth Try.

Pros

One can just do anything with the PDFs with Nitro. One can merge the PDFs with just one click. We can also convert PDFs to Word or Word to PDF or image to PDF etc. PDF split is the best thing with customised options.

Cons

I haven't seen any thing bad about this software since many years and it is one of the best tool for PDFs.

It has more features.

Brian from EasyVista

Ideal competitive PDF management tool

I use it to read PDF files every day. I occasionally use it to convert PDF files to Word and I also use it to combine several file types together to create a single PDF document. I combine images and other PDF files together to make a single PDF. They have to be combined in a certain order as they are an expense sheet with pictures of receipts.

Pros

This software is a great cost saver for creating, editing, and converting PDF files. Exporting to Word is a breeze and keeps most of the formatting. Combining mixed file types into a single PDF is a great utility.

Cons

Some files are not compatible with Nitro I have discovered. Those are usually ones with some kind of specific attribute or setting enabled that makes it not work well. I've only run into a couple of times. When adding folders in place of files to combine filed into a single PDF, the files are added in alphanumeric order instead of the way they were organized in the folder. It's an easy fix, but annoying nonetheless.

Great tool for what it's used for

Excellent overall. I have used many pdf software platforms but I recommend Nitro the most.

Pros

One of the features I use most is the one that changes pdfs to word documents. This software performs this task better than any other I have used.

Cons

It can take a while to learn all of the features as it is a powerful tool. This is the nature of most useful platforms so it's really just a nitpick.

Cost and usability.

Harris from Telecommunications

Decent affordable option

Decent, good option for both free and paid options

Pros

The free version offers more functionality than competition it does what it says (full read and basic annotation capabilities) i like its virtual printer which i use often to produce pdfs out of documents, web pages etc The paid (Pro) version offers advanced editing functionalities

Cons

Not something particular. Perhaps not many options to merge, or adjust quality (and size) of the pdfs, but this is common to most of the pdf viewers. For merge and adjust i use PDF SAM (Split and Merge)

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Adobe Reader DC has limited functionality and annoying right hand side window with paid options reminding you to buy the Pro version

Mantas from Klevas Consulting

Nitro user

Moved from their competitors and are very happy with pricing and functionality

Pros

Very cheap compared to other products, very easy to use. Finds every cell very , very easy to edit pdf files

Cons

Can be quite expensive for larger entities, doesn't open all PDF files sometimes, it might be glitch with provider

Cheaper price

Nitro - Review

Pros

It is more valuable than only pdf viewing, it has highlighting functionality, pdf editing functionality, pen functionality, digital signature, form creating etc.

Cons

It frequently gets not responding when many pdfs are opened (6+)

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Nitro is user friendly and has many functionalities

Ferdinand from RN Tooling Corp

Industry: Machinery

Great PDF editing tool

Been a great alternate to Adobe Acrobat. Not as expensive and does pretty much all the same things.

Pros

Easy to use PDF editing tool. Redacting is very straightforward and adding a signature line or other things is also easy to do.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this moment. Has been great thus far.

Much cheaper

GEORGE from Cypress Automart

Ease of converting word or spreadsheet files to PDF makes sharing files easier and more efficient.

Pros

Nitro is easy to use for beginners as well as advanced users. Its menu bar is well organized and easy to navigate. I can do a good portion of my work even if I use the basic free version. I like highlighted forms features. The Pro version allows to manage anything in the document. It is my default PDF software.

Cons

Not much is missing! Adding a couple of more features to the basic version would make it more useful to beginners, such as increasing/reducing text size and extracting text and images.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

I find more 'freedom' with Nitro.

September 2016

Rohit from DXC Technology

September 2016

PDF conversion Software

Nitro Cloud is easy to use when it comes to uploading and creating an account because everything is rather straightforward.When files are uploaded to Nitro Cloud, you can immediately begin converting it to any of the supported file formats or you can sign, collaborate, or share the file.Nitro Cloud is driving not just in the online retail merchandise deals space however they are presently infringing upon the online cloud space

Pros

-Nitro Cloud is an extremely intuitive and flexible solution - Easier to save default settings for your different edit tools (text box, lines, etc). - More control of your edit tools -Free conversion of PDF files to editable MSWord documents -Users get unlimited e-signatures to sign on documents.

Cons

-Loads large PDFs more slowly than Acrobat -The important data or files you upload to the server are original and leads to security concerns.

Mohammed from Modern Sciences and Arts University

One of my favorite PDF tools so far

I use NitroPDF for all my lecture notes. It really helped me to save time while combining all my documents together

Pros

I am counting on NitroPDF all the time. It is a great tool that I use for most of my documents and I like that it is very easy to use. One of the most important functions that I use is combining my documents in to one PDF file and NitroPDF does this job in a great and fast way. Also file conversion is another great, I can convert almost all my documents format to any file extension I need. Lastly, the price of the NitroPDF Pro is very reliable and considered to be cheap compared to other softwares/

Cons

I wish if NitroPDf was available for my iPhone and iPad. Other than that it is one of my favorite PDF tools

Jose Luis from Terrabella

Industry: Building Materials

Nitro, PDF administration made easy

I use nitro to generate PDF files from all of our technical data sheets for all of the products we sell. It supported large amount of files without getting stuck. You can play with the protection optioms to ensure a proper usage of the files. I love it, I would recommend using this software without hesitation.

Pros

Mostly its easier to use than other software in the market, plus, its A LOT CHEAPER than its first competitor (Acrobat). I liked how well and fluid it worked managing large amounts of heavy files. I liked how the trial version gave me an idea of how well it behaved, to buy later the pro version.

Cons

It does not handle all the file types that Acrobat does. I dont need them right now but, you never know when those capabilities can be needed.

Reasons for Choosing Nitro

Mostly because.of the cost.

René Francisco from Triunfa en tus estudios

The best software for PDF editing

I always need to have it on my PC. Although there are periods when I do not use it, it is always good to have this tool.

Pros

This software is used essentially to edit PDF and it does it in a very easy way, being able to modify any file. It also gives you the option to pass it to other formats such as Office Word, Excel or PowerPoint. Or simply as a PNG or JPG image.

Cons

It is a program that consumes a lot of RAM and can put old computers somewhat slow, but it is not something to worry about. It also takes a long time to charge. If you simply want to read a text in PDF I do not recommend it. Lighter programs can be used.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Easier to use and allows you to convert files of different formats.

Innocent from GoldRock International Ent Co. (K) Ltd

Nitro PDF ( Review )

I used to hustle trying to convert some PDF to word or any other different format. it was so stressful since i had to use an online converter of which it's not efficient as it consumes a lot of time converting online. Now am able to convert it without a hustle.

Pros

I love this program because it has nice features which can allow you to edit, Read/View, and also you dont need to hustle converting any document. Nitro has a feature where you can convert it into Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and also to Image jpeg. The most i love about nitro is that i can do a digital signature and i can edit the pdf the way i want.

Cons

The Programs needs you to have a license so that you can enjoy all the features freely.

KARLA ANDREINA from GMA PROYECTOS SIGLO XXI C.A

Industry: Civil Engineering

Such a bad reader but with excellent conversion tools

Nitro is such an amazing pdf converter, but such a bad pdf reader. I don't recommend you use this as your standalone pdf software but for you to complement it with a good pdf reader and you will have a really satisfactory experience.

Pros

Nitro is an excellent software for PDF conversion both for pdf converted documents and for scanned ones with its OCR tool. I constantly use it for converting my documents to word and excel format whenever I need to.

Cons

Something that really messes up my conversions is if the document is watermarked, I would love if they could work on this issue. Also as a reader it works too slow for me, my computer lags a lot and even transitioning from a page to the other is a painful experience.

Nabeel from Amgomed

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

The Most friendly Software in the ERA of PDF world

Since I have been using NITRO Pro from last 4 years. It has brought my world easier for every aspect in academia and in my profession. I can easily edit, print, copy text, convert to image, excel, word and many other format. You can draw your thinking in computer with NITRO Thank you nitro

Pros

Import Pictures, pdf and other formats Import from scanner Editing text without changing text format conversion of the document to readable and editable form

Cons

What I like most about it edit, print, copy text, convert to image, excel, word and many other format. (we can improve more better by having an insert a new page or new page created autmaticall when the page is over.

Lia from SRIPLAW

Industry: Law Practice

cheaper then adobe, and works just as well

i think it was a great switch over from Adobe, and we like Nitro a lot

Pros

i like that it is 100% comparable to adobe, but cheaper. It made switching products very easy as it was very similar.

Cons

It was a bit hard to get started with to figure out where all the different tools were that we used in adobe

Larry from Peplin Photographic

Industry: Photography

Nitro beats them all

I run a tight and frugal business model. Adobe products kept getting more expensive and sort of bloated, with ever-present updates and warnings about malware and all of those issues that have become common with popular software. I found Nitro Pro 8 to be absolutely the perfect alternative. I have NEVER had an issue with it.

Pros

Nitro Pro 8 is less intrusive, less expensive, and is faster than all other PDF programs I have tried and discarded. I use it in my business, creating a PDF of each invoice that I send to my clients. Nitro kept their product lean and efficient, and has never intruded into the process of doing its job.

Cons

I can't actually think of anything I don't like.

Yeni from Autodesk

Greatly reduced our paper use.

Pros

Nitro is a beautiful document collaboration tool ,allowing colleagues to drop markups and notes on forms and documents ,so the next person accessing the form encounters little difficulty understanding the form or documents. I also like how I am able to convert Microsoft word documents into pdf and vice versa ,using Nitro.In summary Nitro has reduced to the barest minimum,the use of paper in my organization and has so far served as a dependable digital workflow for our daily activity.

Cons

I encounter difficulties opening pdf documents, created with the newer Adobe formatting styles on Nitro.

Andy from Stark Enterprises

Great PDF Software

So far so good. The software works identical to the way Adobe Pro works. all of the same functionality that we needed.

Pros

This functions just as well as Adobe PDF that is more common, but its a fraction of the cost. Being able to combine pdf documents or edit them are great tools that this software offers.

Cons

The initial transition from Adobe Pro to Nitro took some time. Having to setup the menu bar with tools like the highlight function was a con.

Matthew from WIN

Nitro is a great PDF view and converter tool

I use Nitro daily for saving Word and Excel docs to PDF format to send to my clients. Cheaper than Acrobat. Works seamlessly with WIN10... Nitro PDF can be set up as a 'printer' so you can simply choose the NitroPDF printer from Word, for example, and a PDF is made. Easy conversions back to Word docs, too, from PDFs using NitroPDF.

Pros

Allows easy PDF generation from other programs, plus allows you can convert back to Word, Excel, etc. from PDFs.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about Nitro.. cheaper than Acobat and it does what I need it to do without paying hundreds of dollars.

Reasons for Switching to Nitro

Cost basically. Adobe Acrobat isn't cheap yet Nitro does the same things.

Nitro Review

Pros

Nitro gives me the ability to convert PDF files to Microsoft word doc, also i can view pdf files, input entries into PDF forms and much more. With nitro its all in one package so i do need to need to utilize another PDF reader to view documents. Nitro also has Nitro Cloud where i can save all my files and retrieve them from any device either from mobile or laptop. Another good feature of using Nitro is the ability to set password to PDF docs and keep my contents secure at all times. Moreover, Nitro is the only application that works on Mobile phones, i am always on the go and need app to view PDF files right away, and so by using nitro App its great.

Cons

Nitro is pricing can be a little expensive considering there are new releases of the application each year, and i have to buy new licenses every time when a new Nitro is available to use.

Jamie from PS&G

Nitro Pro!

Pros

The thing that I like the most about Nitro Pro is the price! We have Adobe Creative Suites on the majority of our computers, but didn't want to spend a lot of money on Adobe's PDF program per month on four or five of our other computers that don't have Adobe Suite. Nitro is extremely cheaper than that and isn't a monthly fee. The software is also easy to use--we can edit, sign, and manipulate files using this program the same as we would with Adobe.

Cons

There isn't really a downside to this software at all. It does what we need it to do and works greatly for our business.