Browse PDFelement Reviews

Shannon from Best Float Valve

Industry: Farming

I love this program

It has helped me be able to make brochures for the shops that carry my products. I can help them with advertising and make it work for their settings.

Pros

I love the ease with which I can take apart PDFs, redesign, and put them back together. It is intuitive to use, and I've enjoyed playing with the features! I so appreciate the helpful tips that the company sends through email as well.

Cons

I'm not that techy or design-savvy- it does exactly what I need it to do, and I don't need a lot of experience to figure it out. No cons as far as I am concerned.

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

I did the trial program and it was easier for me to use than Adobe after just an hour!

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

This program makes more sense to me, and I'm able to do what I need to do well. The cost is considerably less than Adobe.

Response from Wondershare

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

Johanne from Jo Lewis Life and Retirement

Review for Free Gift (prefer a Windows Version Please)

I like pdfElement. So far it's introduced no malware into my Mac like the Adobe and extensions were causing. With the exception of this survey request, I've received no replies to my questions via email to your customer support team. This is not acceptable.

Pros

I like the "page" layout that allows moving of pages within the document and inserting new pages.

Cons

1. The inability to "word search" within documents (or at least I haven't figured it out) . 2. The on screen "docusign" signature feature. I cannot figure it out and it is not user friendly to set up document signatures! Very complicated and cumbersome. 3. The inability to have one license (Mac or Windows) to serve me. I have to use 2 different operating systems (one for Mac and one for laptop WIN) in order to access each of the 34 carriers' platforms/systems. Having to purchase 2 separate licenses is costly and one license should permit at least 2 systems or 2 systems of differing platforms. 4. Customer support/communications: non-existinet

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

Price point and reviews. However, I need a WINDOWS version but don't want to have to buy yet another license. No one has answered my emails about if I'm authorized to have a WIN version , or how to resolve any of my problems. Thanks!

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

PDF Element appeared to have more functionality and less complicated. In some respects it is, but the inability to work cross-platforms for my very small business with only 2 devices that are different operating systems is becoming prohibitive. I may not renew my license at year's end unless someone can get a hold of me and resolve my issues.

Response from Wondershare

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your support and distinguished feedback. I will record and forward it to the relevant department and update this as a customized option. Any further problems or concerns, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to http://support.wondershare.com/#/contact. The customer care team will email you a solution within 24 hours. If you didn't receive the email, you will find the email in your trash box. Could you please tell me your ticket number?

Jonathan from Veritas House

My PDFelement experience

Fast, easy to understand and use.

Pros

The OCR feature in this software is my favorite and what I use this software for the most. A lot of times, I scan letters and documents, pop them in PDF element it converts it to an editable and searchable document. Makes my work easier as I don't have to go through lengthy documents with a fine tooth comb looking for particular stuff. I love being able to edit PDF's with ease as well.

Cons

Haven't had any particular issues, it satisfies my needs.

Dale from Hawaiian Telcom

Industry: Utilities

Great Alternative to Adobe PDF

We use it every day to edit and modify PDF files. It's fast and it adheres to most drag and drop movements. However, if multiple PDF files needs to be combined, it needs to be done one by one.

Pros

This is a great piece of software that is an awesome substitution for Adobe Acrobat. It works well and the compression is nice, but it is not that lossless. It works, but it does downscale some graphics.

Cons

The licensing model really needs to be improved. There is a charge for every upgrade, although at the time of purchase, nothing like this was mentioned. Being that there are lots of licenses that were involved, this upgrade fee would be quite expensive.

Harry from TechTrology LLC

PDFelement 6 has issues

I work with PDF documents every day. I don't use a lot of the advanced features, but when I do need them, I want them to work flawlessly, intuitively and efficiently. PDF Element 6 does NOT meet those requirements.

Pros

The cost was reasonable since I purchased it on sale. It allows up to 15 tabs to be open at one time and allows multiple instances of the program to run simultaneously.

Cons

1. It doesn't retain pinned documents. After a while, they become unpinned. Tech support is of no help. They say they can't duplicate the issue and just STOPPED helping me. Now, they ignore my service tickets for help. 2. It doesn't show all the open "tabbed" documents. They tend to disappear and then reappear. 3. Conversion from PDF to a document if very poor, especially to Word. The documents are unusable. A client used their program (Nitro Pro) for me and it was perfect. It's embarrassing when my client has to do a task that they are paying me to do. 4. Creating and using a "stamp" for a signature if very difficult and doesn't work well. 5. Converting a PDF to a form doesn't work well. It takes a lot of work (an hour or longer) to get it usable. 6. Every time the program is upgraded/updated it wipes out the setting for the default PDF program in Windows 10 (latest build) 7. The vertical scroll bar is very small and difficult to "grab" with my cursor. It would be easier to use if it was wider, or at least expanded when the cursor was close to it. 8. The program can run multiple instances, but still limits the total number of documents to 15. 9. I have a lot of issues trying to edit a PDF. It creates blocks of information instead of allowing free-form data entry/manipulation. 10. In PAGE mode, the images of the pages are so small that it's difficult to find the page I'm looking for. There isn't a zoom function so I spend too much time switching back and forth.

Wale from Don Caprio Media

A great alternative to Adobe Acrobat

PDFelement has greatly helped me in managing my business and staying productive. Filling out PDF forms, editing documents, and creating invoices are what I mostly use the program for.

Pros

Compared to available alternatives, PDFelement is affordable. Batch processing, OCR text recognition, PDF conversion, and other tools available in this program make it the only PDF software one will ever need. The mobile version also works better than expected. It's also easy to use.

Cons

I've been using this program for a while and honestly, I haven't been able to pinpoint something I don't particularly like about it.

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

PDEelement is a lot cheaper.

Daniel from Zabala17 LTD

Industry: Import and Export

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE WITH MANY FEATURES - CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

I HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION WHICH WORKS GREAT , WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BEING ABLE TO CONTACT SOMEONE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. PLEASE IMPROVE THIS SERVICE AND OFFER A TRANSPARENT LINK FOR CONTACT SOMEWHERE ON YOUR WEBSITE.

Pros

I USE PDF ELEMENT EVERYDAY AND THE SOFTWARE IS EXCELLENT. FROM TIME TO TIME THE NEW UPDATES CONTAINED BUGS AND COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10. THE MOST FRUSTRATING PROBLEM WAS GETTING IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE TO RESOLVE OR REPORT THE PROBLEM. THERE IS NO CLEAR PATH NOR ON:LINE CHAT SERVICE AVAILABLE FOR THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE. WHEN CONFRONTED WITH THESE COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS MY ONLY OPTION WAS TO DELETE THE SOFTWARE AND REINSTALL . I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Cons

VERY FLEXIBLE EDITING PLATFORM< THIS WORKS GREAT.

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

I PREFER TO HAVE SOFTWARE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE INTERNET ACCESS TO FULLY FUNCTION AS I TRAVEL EXTENSIVELY AND LIKE TO WORK OFFLINE SEAMLESSLY.

Michael from Trigon International Inc.

Pleased with Software

Almost immediately I started using advance features that I did not even know existed in my previous editor. On day two I was converting my old pdf forms which took no time at all with a very small learning curve. I really enjoy this software.

Pros

The interface is a slick as it gets. Very intuitive and clean. I can hardly believe it is so pleasurable to use. Good software community forums will almost always find an answer to any questions you may have. Support was within usual norms. I did not try calling support - just email.

Cons

Lacking in really good documentation. You will need to set up your own previewer for Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Explorer. While there is a solution to this, they refuse to acknowledge it, and removed it from their blog (marked as spam) because it mentions a competitors product. When the inquiry was sent to their email support, they did not recommend the solution either just saying it is not supported. I had to find it on my own. Initially, I had removed my Adobe and had to reinstall it and make a tweak to the settings so that I could view PDF's from within those programs. I'm not sure what to do with those html files. I guess you have to put them on a server and link to them but it doesn't really tell you.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

No longer supported. After reinstall, it would not update and was very old - at least 10 years. Quite a lot has changed with PDF's in that time. It had some quirky glitches.

Eva from Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Detroit

PDFelement an affordable alternative to Adobe Acrobat

Adobe Acrobat stopped updating because it was not optimized for my new Mac operating system when I updated it. So I went to update it and the price 1) had gone up significantly and 2) they are trying to lock you into a monthly subscription. I was absolutely NOT interested. So I looked at PDF editor alternatives and came across PDFelement. It has been a great option for me. I create a lot of PDF forms and have to edit old documents. I am grateful to have found this product.

Pros

Affordable options for either subscription or license. Compatible with Mac. Professional options for more advanced editing of documents. Team options and ability to purchase for 20+ users.

Cons

There is a small learning curve if you are used to using Adobe Acrobat for so long. But it is a very small curve. No notable cons.

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

PDF Expert currently does not allow you to make PDF forms. Otherwise, both were feasible options.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

Adobe was TOO expensive and has switched to a subscription model.

Scott from Scott Wolf | Real Estate Services

Huge Time Saver

I am solving time by being able to make a quick edit to an existing PDF form where use to have to start from square one.

Pros

Great Value compared to other platforms. Ease of use along with regular how to blogs and videos that are sent out by the company. It saves me a ton of time being able to make a simple change to the many real estate forms and brochures where I would otherwise have to start over. I think the program has improved since I first bought the lifetime option about 2+ years ago. I am glad I did so. I use their Filmora Pro for my video editing which is how I found out about this alternative to the much more expensive and harder to use Adobe program.

Cons

It can sometime be a little slow to load when you have a brochure that has a large number of high resolution photos.

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

Value and the UI seemed to be more user friendly and I was using another product that they own for video editing and felt comfortable with using them for this program.

Very easy to use and navigate

I am now able to generate sales collateral and incorporate advantages for as many different industries as I need without having to spend days on the process

Pros

Without being inundated with useless features, PDFelement provides exactly what I need; a quick download with every feature and function I need to customize sales collateral, on the fly, for various industries.

Cons

I have yet to encounter something I don’t like

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

I didn’t need all the features of the Adobe program and the investment was more than reasonable

Jess from KCC

Never use the free trial

Catastrophic

Pros

Nothing. It was clunky, awkward and ultimately so below the quality of Adobe that I removed, but when I did--I realized it had converted every single PDF unreadable by any program but its own. These are PDF's I didn't even open with this program. It's basically a virus.

Cons

I used the free trial. I opened and tried to work with ONE document and the program infected every other PDF on my computer, rendering all useless as they would not open in ADOBE or WORD once I had deleted the program. I would not call this an app--I would call it a virus

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

I was seeing if there might be a more affordable option. What a huge mistake...

Dana from Graceful Notes Music Studio

Industry: Music

Easy to use pdf converter/editor

Pros

The ease of converting pdf to Word or Excel files, and vice versa.

Cons

Every time I open the software, it seems to take a long time to load.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

I tried the free trial and liked the ease of the product and the price.

Response from Wondershare

Replied August 2019

PDFElement - Simply the best PDF reader

In my day-to-day life, PDFElement is a unique tool. Manipulating PDF documents with it is very simple. Creating a PDF document, editing, protecting and emailing it is so simple and functional that it doesn't even seem like the program is free. Its modern and attractive look, combined with the many excellent functions it has, make PDFElement the best PDF reader on the market.

Pros

The PDFElement program is a robust, lightweight, functional and very complete PDF bed. It has excellent tools for viewing, manipulating and editing PDF files. With a very modern and intuitive interface, it is very simple to open a document, edit it and share it. The program has so many tools that it makes it a "premium" software for free. We can annotate PDF documents such as erasing text in documents, joining documents, compressing, capturing a photo of the document, adding images, protecting the document, among many other functions. Highlight for the OCR reader, which manages to transform closed PDF documents into editable documents, this is excellent. The program is very light and runs very well on any machine, being available for Windows and Mac. Among the several positive points, the following stand out: - Editing PDF documents, it is even possible to delete or insert texts; - Cloud sharing; - Add watermark; - Add background in the document; - Document optimization to make the file lighter; - OCR reader; PDFElement is my favorite PDF reader and I recommend it for all types of users, from the most basic to the most advanced.

Cons

I don't see any negative aspects in the program, as it has so many tools that it is very difficult to evaluate it negatively. Perhaps the only point I would suggest would be to make the program available for Linux, due to the vast number of users of the operating system. In general, the software is so good that I can barely evaluate with any negative point.

YURY from Self-employed

Wondershare PDFelement 6 Pro meets all the needs for working with PDF documents.

PDFelement Pro is definitely a powerful program to work with PDF documents, has an intuitive interface and a beautiful modern design and, despite the large number of features, it looks very neat. If you're looking for a powerful pDF editor, this is what you need. PDFelement Pro is suitable for work, both for professionals and ordinary users, both for commercial organizations and for private users.

Pros

Wondershare PDFelement 6 Pro program is mostly devoid of shortcomings and is highly appreciated in the work. The program is lightweight, has great functionality and high speed. Wondershare PDFelement 6 Pro is an editor that can do anything or almost anything with PDF. Wondershare PDFelement is a General PDF document editing program, an office tool from the all-in-one series. Editing features include support for text and font changes. The program supports OCR technology (optical character recognition), there is a mode of converting a document into various popular file formats from simple and secure PDF.(Supports the following formats: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, HTML, RTF, EPUB, HWP, HWPX, Image and text documents), there is support for adding pictures in a document, you can number the pages to move quickly in the future. PDFelement is able to convert more than 300 different document and image formats including Word, Excel and PowerPoint to PDF. The resulting documents are fully compatible with Adobe Reader, Acrobat, and other current viewers. In addition to the above functions, PDFelement 6 Pro is implemented: - Convert PDF documents. - Edit the content. - Merge multiple files of different formats into a single PDF. - Removal of pages. - Protect PDF with a password. - Patterns and shapes. - Electronic digital signature. Plug - in OCR. With PDFelement PRO 6 convert PDF documents to formats has become easy and manageable.

Cons

Would not be an objective review if you do not specify some of the shortcomings and mistakes. There are not many of them, but to mention them. Some symbols after OCR are displayed incorrectly and have to be corrected manually. However, this is not critical. There may be some errors in conversion with optical character recognition when converting tables. Sometimes there are some disadvantages of the style, where the fonts are replaced by non-similar signs. There are also conversion errors that contain more than one table. The navigation bar (scroll) on the pages of a PDF document can be made a little wider for convenience.

Hiro from Think tank

Industry: Public Policy

It's a good product to choose for people who are tired of ripping off.

Pros

PDFelement's value for money has been a large pro for me. Moreover, it does provide all the needed functionalities and goes beyond other PDF readers. I particuarly get frustrated when some readers mess up the original documents and provide no way to edit. Yet, PDFelement just does the work. Some features like digital signatures, watermarking, covering photos into PDF and etc. are really nice as often not available in free software.

Cons

I often find those services frustrating because of poor customer services. However, PDFelement's customer services are good and rapid. Of course, you don't meet always what you want due to several reasons, but they still try to solve. Hence, so far I don't have any problem with it.

Response from Wondershare

Replied August 2019

John from JTBlues

I use PDFelement almost daily for various files

Pros

I like the page manipulation, and the editing features. It saves me time from having to do all my work in a graphics program before converting to pdf files. Mostly I produce sheet music and lyrics for performance use by myself and other musicians, but I also use it for contracts and other business docs.

Cons

It's a screen and printer hog. For example: I use a lot of kybd shortcuts and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 combinations to navigate away from PDFelement. It also doesn't like to load in the background, often taking over the screen while I'm working in another program. When printing, sometimes I prefer to use MS Print to PDF because I don't need to see the doc right away. Also, MS>PDF generally prints a smaller file size than PDFelement. On some programs (like Excel) it insists on being the default pdf printer, which means when I choose MS > PDF as the printer, no document is produced; I have to choose PDFelement as the printer .

Sergio Rafael from PDVSA Petroleos de Venezuela S.A.

Industry: Law Practice

PDF documents are easier to create and edit.

Pros

In my job it is important to have a good handling of the legal documents we produce as these documents represent the legal and administrative structure of our company. We have always used for the final delivery of legal documentation files in PDF format as it is the format with the best presentation in the market. PDF Element 6 is the highest performance software I have found for creating and editing documents in PDF format. The use of this software in our office has greatly improved our presentation and delivery of legal documents, as we can create them and add elements that strengthen the document such as the digital signature of our managers, photographs of administrative events which have to be approved or left in record, and modify documents that were already made. In general it is a first hand software that must be in our labor management since it complements and allows that our goals are fulfilled.

Cons

To incorporate this software in our office has been one of the best decisions we have made, and, complemented with other software we can fulfill in a positive way with each one of our goals, making our management very efficient. I have no negative elements to highlight from this software. I highly recommend it.

Mathushan from StarLink

My Real Review on PDFelement Sofware

I am a Software Technician from SriLanka. I have to make invoices and documents for my customers daily. One my first week I struggled to choose a software for my all type of Documentation Work. After my friend shared this software on Gmail. Then I Tested this Sofware in a Trial Version and now I like this Software as best. I bought the premium version of it and still using it for more than 2 years.

Pros

I think it is the #01 Software to make and edit pdf Documents and Word Documents in a Laptop. I like most the Cloud Service on this Software and I have listed the Things I Like in this software. 1. Cloud Service 2. Can edit a Non Editable PDF 3. Add anything we want from the internet 4. Can add Signature

Cons

Yes. I think bits of Updates have to be done in this software. I have listed the things I would like to add to this Software. 1. Compatibility Of Linux OS 2. Fast Loading Feature And there is nothing I have to tell about the things I would like to add to this software.

Matthew from NSA Media

Great Alternative!

Pros

This software is a great alternative for anyone that is looking to function with .pdf files. The Adobe suite keeps creaping up in price and this software works very well as a functional alternative!

Cons

I haven't found any items that I dislike. So far it has been working great.

Response from Wondershare

Replied August 2019

Brian from Green Earth Arts

Transitioning from Acrobat was easier than expected

I didn't get to be robbed by Adobe for their software. Upon renting another current Adobe product, that application uninstalled my paid version Acrobat Pro. This is a very underhanded tactic to get users to purchase/lease new software. With WonderShare I get nearly immediate response to any problems I might have. I get a well developed software that has never crashed (can't say that about Acrobat) and once it was paid for, it was freely my own. This is a great product and I will continue to recommend it.

Pros

Everything that I look for in Acrobat without the ridiculous price or rental fees. It's fast and efficient and well thought out. Some of the layout could use tweaking but everything takes time and I'm very satisfied with how it works.

Cons

There are a couple glitches that can be frustrating. Although the software is updated regularly, upon each update/upgrade it loses its file association to PDFs. When printing from an application to PDF, very often if PDF Element is not open the print does not complete although the application does open. Obviously you can print a second time, but it is something to take note of. I keep a desktop folder of PDF files that gets updated daily and when using PDF Element is opened it defaults only to the desktop and not the same folder. There doesn't appear to be a setting for this default. And the biggest con for me that is the most annoying is that it does not support WIA or TWAIN and you cannot scan directly into the application to PDF like you would normally do with Acrobat.

Response from Wondershare

Replied July 2018

Hey Brian, Glad to hear that you had an easy transition! Thank you for your detailed notes on printing PDFs. I've reported it to the developers who will take a look. Best, Rebecca

Wulliams from UCAB - Universidad Católica Andrés Bello

Working with PDF documents is very easy thanks to this software

Pdfelement 6 has marked important advances in my career as Community Manager, adding more complete features to the edition of PDF documents that I use, in most cases, to make presentations of profiles, images, public figures, companies and artifices that request of my profiles. Do not hesitate to acquire this software.

Pros

We must start with the main benefit of this software, which is the edition of PDF files, but it is not only the edition, but its comfortable interface, and how effective it is, without leaving details or bad editions. But do not be left alone with this, other benefits of this software would be: - You can edit objects based on images within the same PDF file, a powerful tool for the construction of PDF documents. - You can create PDF files from scratch, making them fully modifiable and customizable. -The mosaic screen allows not only to choose any project, but also to add simultaneity for editing, a very attractive tool to edit. -You can convert PDF documents in any other format.

Cons

This is another software which has no waste or weak points. Since I use this software, the benefits and benefits have been full, allowing me to make quality documents in a very easy way.

Margaret from iReview Editing & Publishing

Much Needed

Overall I am very happy with the product. I no longer am reliant on Adobe and was able to cancel my subscription. Saving me a few dollars every month.

Pros

The two functions I use the most: 1) Converting PDF to different extensions... Word and JPG 2) Combining PDF's and moving the pages around In publishing these 2 tools are invaluable.

Cons

So far I have not had any problems with the software. It meets all of my needs. I was disappointed when I switched to a new computer and was not able to download my PDF Element onto my new desktop. Having an online cloud version so I do not have to worry about licenses per computer would be nice. I operate off of 2 computers. One is a Mac and the other is a windows laptop.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

PDF Element is a more affordable solution to my needs.

Response from Wondershare

Replied August 2019

Anderson from Rulesware

Un lector y editor PDF que causa agrado a la vista del usuario

El mayor beneficio obtenido en mi trabajo ha sido su herramienta de conversión, que me ha ayudado a procesar archivos de grandes páginas de PDF a Word, ahorrándome tiempo valioso que perdía convirtiendo archivos en línea. También debo mencionar que he conseguido enviar documentos a Dropbox, cargando los archivos directamente desde PDFelement. Por último, también he utilizado su herramienta de optimización, reduciendo el tamaño de los archivos hasta en un 20% sin sacrificar la calidad del documento.

Pros

Cuando se menciona PDFelement, resulta inevitable destacar su cómoda interfaz. Tiene un diseño moderno y minimalista, que causa agrado a la vista del usuario. Otro razón positiva por la que me gusta este software, es que sin importar en qué programa se haya creado el archivo PDF, éste podrá editar el documento sin cambiar su estructura. Por ejemplo, al cambiar el texto no cambiará el tipo o tamaño de letra. Otro beneficio que proporciona PDFelement es que permite convertir archivos por lotes, para agilizar el proceso con documentos de muchas páginas.

Cons

Creo que mi única crítica para este software, es que a partir de sus últimas versiones ha ido solicitando más recursos a los computadores.

Nigel from TRITON RESOURCES LIMITED

PDF Element 6 does the job

I had business suppliers and customers send me their terms and conditions of trade, which before I was challenged to modify in the document, but today, I can now review and modify their documents with ease.

Pros

I used to be an avid Adobe Acrobat fan, however I started to use the free version of PDF Element to try and get at features which were not available on Adobe. I enjoyed the product so much that I purchased PDF Element 6 Pro and have been very pleased with its performance and capability. It has taken a bit of effrort to get used to working PDF Element 6 Pro, but I am pleased that I persevered with it, as its functionality is hands down better than Adobe who seem to have lost its way. As time progresses, the team at PDF Element have improved the functionality even more, and it is a joy to use. I have recommended this product to others whom now also enjoy its benefits.

Cons

Difficult to navigate around initially but gradually getting used to where controls are at. This only arose as a result of being such a long time user of Adobe, but today, I am finding it easier to navigate my way around this application. It has been worth while learning to use this application properly.

Kim from HomeState Lending

What I like about PDFelement

My business is information based, having software that allows me to collate numerous documents and present this information to a third party has helped tremendously. Previous to the purchase of my Apple Mac I had a Windows based computer. The Cutepdf software used with Windows was not compatible with Apple so initially was without this feature. In fact I tried to do without it (save the money) however I soon realised how much I relied on the programme and how much time it saved me.

Pros

PDFelement is very easy to use. I can combine numerous documents and submit these under one category when submitting supporting documents with loan applications. Another positive is being able to rearrange / delete pages. This is especially helpful when sorting pages of a scanned document that was printed on both sides.

Cons

I haven't found too many 'cons', it does all I need it to do.

Ujjwal from DroidExtra.net

Probably the best PDF editor out there

PDFelement 6 is one of the best and also probably the best PDF editor I have ever used. The thing I loved about it the most is the UI, the functionality and the amazing extra functionality that it has. The OCR function for example is great to work with and it can easily recognize the accurate things from a scanned document using OCR easily.

Pros

The whole PDF editing experience with PDFelement 6 is so seamless and easy that it feels like you're using Microsoft Word to edit your docx files. There are a lot of this that this PDF editor does right. 1. It has a very nice user interface and it is very easy to use. The program is designed and developed in such a way that there is very less of a learning curve before you learn the whole program. 2. Apart from being a PDF editor, this program also has other important functionalities like OCR, data redacting capability and more. 3. Converting the PDF files to other formats like docx, xlxs, and even pptx is very simple and the program does a decent job to convert these files. 4. Wondershare pushes out important updates for the program every once in a while and these updates make the program even better.

Cons

There is not much of a downside to using this product but keep in mind that it is a PDF editor even though it has other functionalities like OCR etc. The conversion is good but it is not that great. The program does struggle a bit when it comes to converting complex documents like PDF to excel etc.

Rajkumar A from eTouch - A Virtusa Company

PDFelement by Wondershare provides you with Beautiful, simple, and lighter experience.

Pros

The first thing that attracts you about PDFelement is the GUI. It is very beautiful to the eyes and clean and well-organized. But more than that, it is so simple to use, coming with almost all the PDF solutions and features you would need. Definitely a 5/5 since I have been using it from quite long, and it has never disappointed. And yes, by lighter I mean the system memory it uses, and the setup file being clean and not bundled with bloatwares, etc..

Cons

I just wish it was portable too, and had a lifetime with free upgrades subscription also.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

Sumatra PDF is free, but has limited options and features, and also...not a PDF editor at all, or converter.

Great software and great price

Add and replace pages with large PDF documents.

Pros

Great price with just about everything I need to edit PDFs, whether combining pages, or editing the actual document.

Cons

The add text feature is a bit cumbersome as you have to click off the existing box, then go back to the header, click the add text feature again, and then add text elsewhere. Also getting back into text boxes sometimes can be a mystery. I click the select tool, the add text tool, or a number of other options, and I can't seem to figure out what will actually work every time. Not the biggest deal, but something that would be nice to have improved.

Anna from Sole Proprietor

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Buggy

Pros

It's inexpensive, and has a lot of great features. You can simply use it to stamp signatures , you can draw on the pdfs and add text or photographs, you can hightlight etc, convert to OCR .... OR...you can write your own fillable forms.

Cons

It's buggy. When editing or writing fillable forms, it tends to freeze up. The next thing on my list, is that it's slow to use to draw over pdfs. Re-selecting the tools manually is a drag. I wish you could set the tool as default unless reselecting

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

Cost --- I want to own my software and can't afford Adobe. That said, I'd probably stick with this product anyway, as it's generally pretty good

Daniel from Berkeley Shredding

Industry: Renewables & Environment

It works well for me

I have been able to use the product for filling in forms where alternatives, such as Word, do not function as well.

Pros

PDFelement provides the best ability to create fillable forms that I have found. I use it all the time to facilitate data entry and collection.

Cons

I feel the learning curve could be a bit less steep.

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

PDFelement was much easier to use and far more cost effective.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

PDFelement was far easier to set up and use than Word.

Response from Wondershare

Replied August 2019

Better than other available PDF readers in the market; more free features and very user-friendly

Pros

PDFelement has definitely surpassed other well-known PDF readers for me. It has more possibilities within its feature. Digital signatures, watermarking, conversion of text photos into PDF and other more features that is not available in other software. It looks cleaner as well, making reading PDFs easy for the eyes.

Cons

There are a few glitches which are annoying, like how it would suddenly crash. And it is a little expensive for personal use, although pdf reading is free, other features can be used upon sign up.

I recomment PDFElement

Pros

I use PDFelement to work with PDF files - and I much prefer it to Adobe Acrobat. PDFElement is feature-rich and generally easy to use. I did have one problem with an upgrade - issues with installation. But customer support was able to get me sorted out.

Cons

Not much, actually. I find the product easy to use, and I'm happy with it!

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

More features, ease of use.

Henk from Netcampus

Great product

We can easily convert PDF documents to picture formats for social media posts and the main advantage of this tool is that we can edit and combine any type of PDF and export to all the most popular formats.

Pros

Great alternative to products such as Adobe Acrobat. More flexibility in terms of licensing in that you can buy a perpetual license and month to month licensing is also way more cost effective for a medium size enterprise. User interface is easy to navigate and I can perform all the functions required to manage PDF documents.

Cons

The teams management portal can do with a revamp. It is not that easy to assign and move team members

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

Licensing flexibility and more intuitive interface

Licensing flexibility

Response from Wondershare

Replied August 2019

Melissa from The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences

This software gives me an easy way to convert PDFs for use on the website I produce.

The software makes it possible for me to convert magazine content for use on our organization's web site.

Pros

The product gives me almost everything I need to convert content from our organization's magazine to text for use on our web site. The interface is simple and direct, and I use it daily.

Cons

Because I am converting from a magazine layout, I sometimes have to cut and paste a great deal to get the text into the correct order. The software doesn't recognize the breaks that occur when text is wrapped around graphics in a magazine layout.

Tohibullah from Gen-Ct Support

Industry: Information Services

Affordable PDF tool but needs to work on improving image recognition capabilities

An affordable PDF tool for our office needs.

Pros

PDFelement is serving many of our document management needs such as getting documents signed by our clients electronically. Our branding has improved because of integrating PDFelement as part of our doument management.

Cons

This software still needs to work on image recognition capabilities as there is ample room for improvement. Once we upload an invoice (say in jpg format), we expect the software to convert the same into text format with better accuracy.

Nikki from Mink & Mink Inc

PDF made easy

Has been great.

Pros

Easy, intuitive layout. Optical reader great for businesses that need to edit image media into pdf documents. Works great in Mac & PC environment.

Cons

One time license purchase can be pricey if deploying across a large number of machines. Have to pay to keep paying to upgrade to current version. Purchase of PRO version SHOULD give you free version updates in perpetuity. Incentive to buy the better package.

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

Quality, ease of use, low learning curve coming from Acrobat, no subscription.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

Did not want to keep up with a monthly or annual subscription for multiple machines.

Matthew from Archamerica Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Overall, PDFelement has worked very will for me, as an inexpensive substitute for Adobe Acrobat.

Saving cost versus Adobe Acrobat, the industry standard.

Pros

Cost is the primary reason for using PDF element, versus other options. It does reasonably well at combining & editing files.

Cons

It is still somewhat buggy, and does not always work intuitively. The most annoying bug is that despite setting the default text size & color, it will not automatically use that default. I prefer a red color font for adding text. However, it always wants to use black, forcing me to edit the color afterwards.

Brian from Chaplain Training Academy

SAVE Hours by Creating Your Own Fillable PDF Forms!

If you work with registration forms and you're not using PDFelement 6 by Wondershare than you are most likely wasting hours of time! Make the registration process easy and you AND your registrants by creating your own fillable PDF forms with PDFelement 6. It's as easy as pointing and clicking within an existing document to create a fillable PDF in a matter of seconds. This software has many other features such as Optical Character Recognition and access to hundreds of PDF templates. Try it for FREE first--you will not be disappointed!

Pros

Easy to use with lots of features

Cons

Have not found anything that I don't like

Response from Wondershare

Replied April 2017

Our team really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

daniel from UCIMED

good app to edit pdfs

Excelent, intuitive, well organized and once you get the hang of it really easy to use. Remember the free version watermark

Pros

Really easy interface to be able to edit pdf on the fly. I usually edit my pdfs so that they can be editable through a tablet and this program has everything i need. It does come with a payed version to remove the watermark, but all features come free with the donwload. Its as easy as getting your pdf and exporting itinto PDF Element and beggin editing. You can also view you pdf. Really good alterantive vrs other products that offer the same but on a more expensive price

Cons

Not much to complain about the app. It worked perfectly and it makes wht it is isaid to do. Really easy costumization.

PDFelement 6 Review

Works very well to prepare docs to emailed for signing which is my primary use.

Pros

Ability to edit pdf forms easily, prepare for signing. Highlighting areas to be signed, initialed, etc is easy to do. Like the sticky note feature when additional explanation is needed.

Cons

Top of page with the various options and icons - it is difficult to read the dark printing under the icons. Not sure if this is due to settings on my computer.

Edo from METECNO TRADING Gmbh

Very fast and easy PDF viewer/editor with some limitations. UI could be better with more options.

As there are so many PDF documents around these days, everyone need a good PDF viewer. I need also a good editor as many documents that I receive, for my job, have to be changed (or page format, or some annotations or something similar). Some time there are documents that need more serious approach with powerful PDF editor, as this one. It's fast, easy to understand and use, with some nice features.

Pros

YT tutorials are implemented in HELP section, very fast loading and handling of files, combining several PDF files is very easy; adding lines, arrows or polygons is done perfectly, drawing clouds is gorgeous feature. Annotation panel works well. Converter is great.

Cons

Preferences have only few options to choose from, user interface is too clean (I prefer some text under large icon as there is enough space),

Joy from EVE for Life

Good for Business

It secures important business files.

Pros

Easy to use. protect document for email sharing

Cons

difficult to re-install on new devices. key do not work readily.

Response from Wondershare

Replied August 2019

thanks for your support and distinguished feedback. I will record and forward it to the relevant department and update this as a customized option. Any further problems or concerns please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to http://support.wondershare.com/#/contact. The customer care team will email you a solution within 24 hours.

Brian from Pretty Good Typist, Inc.

Good add to digital toolbox.

Mostly simple stuff: managing PDFs and filling forms, with the occasional need to create a from-scratch PDF doc.

Pros

Better user experience than most of the other PDF software I've used. One-click access to the stuff I use the most often, with clear menu options (nomenclature makes sense) and options where I expect to find them. Super-solid at enabling form fill.

Cons

A little slow to load and opening some PDFs takes a second or two longer than some other competitors. Not a big deal, but probably worth knowing if you're opening a lot of PDFs every day.

Richard from Do'It Right Construction

PDF Element is the only real PDF editor and reader I use!

Easy edit of any PDF.

Pros

It's so easy to edit any PDF. Weather it is scanned in and OCR converted or a pre-made PDF converted Word document PDF Element works flawlessly. It makes putting together my customer proposals a snap. Easy to use and quick.

Cons

I really haven't found any, however I would like to see future versions of PDF Element contain an E-Sign feature in a very near future version

Donny from Income-4-Idiots

The absolute easiest to use in my opinion is PDF element6.

Pros

I love the OCR features. Additionally I love the ability to create PDFs from screen captures. The editing capabilities of PDF element 6 are by far the easiest to use of all of the programs I've tried.

Cons

Sometimes all of the options available can be overwhelming. I wish there were more extensive tutorials available so that I could utilize the full capacity of this amazing software.

Tiffany from Vacasa

Easy! Love it!

Job productivity, amazing tool. Time saver.

Pros

It's user-friendly. I can easily switch pages around for documents, convert to PDF, extract pages, add things, convert things with OCR. I love it! I have to manipulate so many documents and need to do it reasonably fast. This product has made my job much easier!

Cons

Super small thing- but sometimes when I am switching pages around, it's really hard to tell without refreshing, etc if the pages have rearranged to the order I want. It's the only issue I have with PDF Element.

Mark from RCMA, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

I like the software and the ease at which it works

Edit and or convert files into a PDF Format.

Pros

It is very easy to use. I use it alot to edit a pdf after it was created in a different program. I also have to add pages to the existing file and it is easy to use.

Cons

When I open up a pdf that was created I can't always get the right font size and or the character type. I get close but it doesn't match perfectly.

Eric from Griffin Legal PLLC

Good, but Not Great

Just OK.

Pros

Software gives me the ability to review and mark up pdf legal documents.

Cons

1. Inability to open multiple instances of tabs or software so that I can compare two open documents at the same time. Switching between screens is time consuming. 2. Frequent crashes, particularly when OCR conversion is occurring.

Price

Prasenjit from LIUC

Industry: Market Research

Surprisingly the best app

Pros

I was wondering what program to use to read my pdf files on my iPad..I googled and found PDFelement as one of the preferred application. I was not sure how good it would be. However, since I downloaded this I have stopped using all the other pdf readers. First it is very convenient to use. You can even sync your Dropbox with it. That’s just an amazing feature. It lets you highlight the texts with different colors. That’s a jot her feature I just love. You can color differently the texts based on your subject and preference. That makes work so easy. The instant sharing feature makes life easy. You can even use your finger if you don’t have an Apple Pencil to write or comment on the things. This is the best app I have come across lately considering all platforms. It has everything you need to do with your pdf files. Keep up the good work wondershare!

Cons

There is nothing so far I have experienced that can be termed as cons.