All AWeber Reviews

Jorge

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

One of the best

I have had a great experience with AWeber and I can say it helped me alot basically when I was at the beginning on the digital marketing industry.

PROS

Since I work with clients in order to achieve some Digital Marketing results AWeber has been some of the tools I have used the most. I like that it has some pretty form designs and that it has integration with a lot of themes and plugins for optin forms. I also like that AWeber has ease of use.

CONS

I use to regret about AWeber for its lack of automation features, but since this is not a limitation any more, I think AWeber is a great email & automation marketing tool.

Reason for choosing AWeber

I choose AWeber because I made a research and I thought AWeber was the best for me based on some of the reviews I read about it.

Ben Marcoux

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

AWeber: A Good Start With Email Marketing

I enjoyed using AWeber. It was easy to set up lists and broadcast emails. And it made it possible for me to get started building my business online without much tech skill. However, as I became a more advanced marketer and wanted more control in my business, the way AWeber was set up did not seem to make certain advanced automation features possible. Or the interface was set up in such a way to dissuade you from using it for more complex features.

PROS

The best part about AWeber is how easy it is to use. There aren't a whole lot of bells and whistles which means that it's super fast to get up and running. And honestly, though it's not my favorite tool, most businesses would do better to use AWeber than their current email marketing system. Also, it's got good deliverability which means your emails actually show up in the inbox instead of spam.

CONS

I call AWeber a "beginner" email marketing tool because that's what it feels like. Yes, it'll get you up and running. But it doesn't "feel" powerful and the lack of features leave some things to be desired. But "something" is better than "nothing", so if using something easy gets you and your business to do email marketing, than by all means use AWeber.

Reason for choosing AWeber

At the time I was just getting started in internet marketing, I wanted to use what the "big names" used. So I looked into the platforms they "recommended." This was before I understood affiliate marketing and didn't know they were getting paid to say how awesome these platforms were. When in reality, yes they are super powerful. But they're also really clunky and take a SUPER long time to learn. Plus, I quickly realized I wouldn't use MOST of what these other platforms offered, so I quickly decided on AWeber so I could get started with my business.

Reasons for switching to AWeber

I don't have anything good to say about MailChimp. Not only is the interface clunky, but oftentimes deliverability suffers. And as if that isn't enough, a lot of businesses that are totally ethical, GOOD businesses are forbidden from using the platform. I have many friends who have woken up to their accounts banned, locked out of all their email contacts without so much as a reason. And these weren't people running aggressive offers. They were just regular businesses (like flower shops) that apparently tried to sell their products a little too "hard" and therefore caught the ban hammer.

B.A.

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Good for a small company mail list, but lacks integration

Also, it became too costly an option when trying to integrate my WooCommece store data without purchasing a $49 plugin. The more I wanted to do, the fewer options because available not making this a suitable option for me. Overall, my experience with AWeber was less than stellar and I had to drop it for a better solution.

PROS

AWeber is good for maintaining a customer list and sending campaigns. It also provides the capability to use a single list among a couple websites with some integration and upgrades. Overall, I would consider it an entry-level list management option.

CONS

AWeber lacks the capability to integrate multiple website data seamlessly without some third-party apps. Not being able to maintain a single list among my three websites was a definite downside to continuing using the software. The form builder and landing pages were difficult and cumbersome to configure, setup and integrate. The RSS options was clunky and the templates were lacking any customization.

Reason for choosing AWeber

I initially choose AWeber because I thought it was a improvement over Mailchimp. However, it did not meet my needs as well. So, I switched to ActiveCampaign and glad I did.

Reasons for switching to AWeber

I was looking for a better solution for the limitation in Mailchimp, but AWeber was less than stellar. Mailchimp did not give me much analytical data and email marketing options.

Patty

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Aweber is a go-to email marketing platform

Love the platform. It’s the only one I will use.

PROS

Easy to get started and use. Support Staff is the best. Constantly upgrading and making the platform better. Have weekly training and informative emails featuring tips and tricks. Includes simple e-commerce functionality for landing pages.

CONS

Can’t think of any. This is an awesome platform.

Fabian

Reviewed October 2019

The Aweber Review

Great autoresponder for digital marketing/ affiliate marketing professionals. Your potential to grow and maintain active lists is entirely up to your competencies.

PROS

Aweber provides great email templates with superb integration with other top tier programs. It even offers email marketing training and split testing functionality.

CONS

The only con I can think of is that the price increases dramatically as your list size increases. However it still remains very competitive with other autorepsonders.

Reason for choosing AWeber

I found it was a lot more user friendly and offered a great 30 day trial with which to test the product with.

Reasons for switching to AWeber

Mailingboss is a part of the Builderall system that I used before. Aweber also provides better looking and better integrated templates.

Jeffrey

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

Great Customer Support

Excellent experience with Aweber. They have always answered our questions and even offered suggested articles that are so helpful.

PROS

We have used Aweber for over 5 years and love their customer service. They have been able to help us with suggestions on landing pages, templates for broadcasts, and sign-up forms. They make it easy for a beginner to set this all up.

CONS

Like everything they offer. Really can't think of any changes they could make.

Reason for choosing AWeber

It was much easier to use than Mailchimp. We get so much value out of using Aweber.

Sam

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

One of the most effective pieces of software for online marketing via email.

If you're seeking for a dependable and simple email marketing solution, AWeber is what you need. It's an effective tool for organizing marketing campaigns because to its automated features and ability to connect with other apps. It may not be the greatest option, though, if extensive personalization and detailed reporting are must-haves for your business.

PROS

My first foray into email marketing was with Aweber. It's perfect for mass emailings like newsletters. Once among the finest, its email delivery rates were respectable. It also gives decent options for customizing emails for each individual consumer.

CONS

Although Aweber has many useful capabilities, I have found that its email template customization possibilities are limited, making it difficult to create truly unique layouts.

Reasons for switching to AWeber

because it is a program that has good customer service it is easy to use.

Stephen

Reviewed August 2022

Aweber is the prefect email service for beginning and advanced marketers

I have several clients using Aweber, and they love it. Aweber does have a learning curve, but it is well worth taking the time to learn how to use it.

PROS

Aweber is designed for marketers. It has a great automation system with many advanced features, like "if/else" and segmentation, that are well worth investing the time to learn. It is a great service for online marketers looking to make the next step. The telephone support is very helpful.

CONS

Aweber usually costs more than other services, but it is usually worth spending the extra money because it provides benefits like 24/7 telephone and chat support.

Reasons for switching to AWeber

At the time, Aweber had more advanced features, like a landing page builder.

Gina Zoie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

AWeber is the BEST for Beginners

AWeber is tried, tested, and true. I highly recommend it to anyone starting out who is new to email automation. Great customer support and documentation. The free version is perfect for the beginner and as you grow they offer more features to support your growing email marketing needs at great prices.

PROS

When I started my business I didn't have a clue how to use an email automation service. AWeber was recommended and I'm so glad that I signed up. Their free trial version is great for beginners. I was able to create my first landing page and web forms with ease. I also have the confidence to know that as my business grows AWeber has all the features I need to manage my email marketing and campaigns.

CONS

I wish the free version allowed for multiple lists. You are given one, but it would be nice if maybe they could increase that to 3 lists.

Reason for choosing AWeber

Aweber offered the best free version to begin with. I loved how I had the flexibility to customize my web forms, landing pages, and emails within the free version. This was pivotal for my business growth as I was given the features needed to grow and nurture my email contact list.

Jo-Ann

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Good for Etsy integration

AWeber offers a very easy integration with my Etsy shop, allowing me to collect Etsy customers emails for email marketing. Unfortunately, it does not work all the time and it's not so easy to navigate their interface to solve the issues. Very good customer support.

PROS

It offers Etsy integration allowing purchasing customers on the platform to be added to mailing list

CONS

Not very intuitive or easy to set up, integration does not work all the time

Aweber offers free Etsy integration, it is more expensive on Omnisend for Etsy

Suzanne

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

Old faithful

It's been both a positive and negative experience. I'm still not sure I will stay with them longterm.

PROS

Aweber has stood the test of time. It is easy to get set up and get going. I like that it is stable, and it is always encouraging to me when I see that very successful people whose emails I let into my inbox are using Aweber. Their customer service was very helpful to me when I was getting my account set up and had questions on a few things.

CONS

I do not care for their boring confirmation messages, and the fact that if I want something that is different, I have to get approval from them before I can use it. I also saw a huge flaw when I participated in a promotional event with several others who also use Aweber. Apparently, when somone signs up for several email lists that are all hosted on Aweber, in a short space of time, Aweber sees that behavior as "spammy" and automatically unsubscribes that person from all the lists he/she subscribed to. Their argument is that it protects Aweber customers and it protects their system overall. The problem is that it is unsubscribing people who actually want to receive these emails and if you are delivering a product by email, or even giiving information by email on how the new subscriber can receive that product, then the subscriber will never get that email. When I contacted Aweber about this twice, the support staff was very blasé about this. One support staff member was good enough to remove the block and resubscribe the persons who had been removed so they subscriber could get the emails. Another refused to do so, and said that the subscriber would have to contact them to remove the block. How many people are actually going to take this extra step to receive emails???

Reasons for switching to AWeber

Emails that I was sending from Mailchimp were landing in Promotions/Spam/Junk mail; the same exact emails sent from Aweber were landing in Primary inbox.

Alicia

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

No Code Automation To Evolve Your Business

I was able to use the free trial to test out this platform to see if it would work for me. It also offers shared workspaces so it was easy to collaborate with the team and troubleshoot.

PROS

I love Aweber's ability to manage emails, the customer support is incredible, and the drag-and-drop builder. The fact there is no code automation was a huge plus for me.

CONS

Unfortunately, you do need to pay to make use of the features, the free version is not enough. I find it a bit pricey compared to other alternatives available.

Joshua

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Great tool for daily emails at a great price!

AWeber is the budget-friendly solution to marketing emails! You don't have to spend a lot to get big results.

PROS

We send a daily email newsletter to several hundred people on a managed list, and AWeber allows us to do this scheduled in advance a month or so out, creat professional emails, and not break the bank doing so.

CONS

Occasionally the social media cross-post of our daily campaign has ended up with an AWeber logo instead of our own custom branding. Aweber has worked with us to resolve their issue on that, but for a few days it looked less than desirable. For the money we saved, we are okay with that.

Cost

Reasons for switching to AWeber

Cost for the size of our list was less

Linden

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Where any email marketing should start.

Overall it’s been a positive experience with Aweber. Enjoy using this to create email newsletters and campaigns.

PROS

It’s simple to use. With a few clicks, you can start collecting emails to your email list, and start creating your news letter as well. The email editor is as simple or complex as you want to make it. It’s easy to integrate with whatever word processor you write your copy on, or even as a native word processor. I love how easy it is to see what your stats are on sent emails. It allows you to drill down on what works best in your headlines, email body, and if the links you send are getting click throughs. I also like how very few emails get bounced from the receiver. Aweber is a trusted email newsletter source, so gmail and even hotmail won’t mark it as spam often.

CONS

The biggest problem I find has to do with the lead pages. The lead pages on Aweber aren’t great, and they don’t always work fantastic putting them into a Wordpress blog. Then trying to integrate Aweber with lead pages was a problem for myself. I had to consult friends to discover how to do it properly. If the lead pages function was improved, and integrating with lead pages, it would immediately improve the experience and product.

Hemal

Reviewed August 2023

My Favorite Email Marketing Tool

PROS

AWeber has significantly contributed to the growth of my business through Email Marketing. I am using many platforms but AWeber is super easy to set up and use. The features are awesome especially integrations, marketing automation, email sequences and Landing pages.

CONS

Nothing to say so far. Everything is perfect

Reasons for switching to AWeber

Mailchimp was more complicated and slow.

Munema

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Email marketing made simple

PROS

The platform overall ease of use is what I consider Aweber's. Setting up campaigns and creating visually-appealing emails has been a breeze, thanks to its intuitive interface and drag-and-drop functionality. Plus, the templates library makes the whole email or email campaign process so much faster – and I love that!

CONS

On the one hand, simplicity and ease of use are key. On the other hand, however, Aweber's simplicity also represents a limit if you'd like to do more advanced stuff. This means that, at some point, you may "outgrow" the platform because you may need a more robust set of features.

Haresh

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Awesome experience so far to use Aweber email marketing system for my all clients

My overall experince is fantastic so far because I have almost used their all features. Moreover, I also help many people to integrate Aweber without any charges because I love to do that to help people.

PROS

Specially Aweber has great amount of templates to use for different type of emails to send out for email marketing. Moreover, they have best integration way to integrate their system with landing page. Even they provide an API option so we can easily integrate our custom workflow with website or mobile applications. I found, they have excellent email tracking history and reports. By this tracking details, we can easily find how it delivered to our customers, they the email got opened and clicked on any link which we had in email body part. Overall, my experience is fantastic to use Aweber to use it for all my clients so far. I also help people to integrate Aweber with their landing page without any charging because it doeant take much time for me so if any help needed, I would surely help you. Thanks

CONS

I found only one and that is you need to have bit knowledge of how email marketing works. But, thats a part of any email marketing though!

Reason for choosing AWeber

Because Aweber has many features which really helped my clients to grow their business in terms of email marketing.