• icon"I love that a pop-up is included. That has increased my subscribers the most."
  • icon"I especially love how easy it is to use. I used to be on Mailchimp and found it to not always be user friendly."
  • icon"I love the feature that you can resend the mail to those readers who didn't open the first mail. Fantastic customer service that big companies could never provide."
  • icon"At the moment I'm frustrated that there is no integration with the lead generation software I am currently using (Thrive Leads from Thrive Themes)."
  • icon"I also miss the visual automations within ConvertKit."
  • icon"Or have to use the BirdSend lead gen, which I don't like as much as the Thrive Leads forms."

Browse all BirdSend Reviews

• Have you used BirdSend and would like to share your experience with others?

Cath

A great alternative to ConvertKit

Overall very positive. I annoy them a lot with questions, as I am always comparing it to ConvertKit (which I used for 3-4 years). And they are very good with replies. Plus very open to suggestions on how to improve it. It is only a new provider, which means they are still rolling out features. When switching to a new provider, there is a learning curve (which can be frustrating) but that will happen with any new provider. So I dedicated 2-3 days to play with it ie set up forms, automations and tags before switching my large list over. It was time well spent!

Pros

Affordability was important, as ConvertKIt was becoming way too expensive, as my list continued to grow. I also love the functions. It pretty much does everything that ConvertKit does (or soon will be as new features are constantly being added) and more. Plus it gives me detailed analytics for each email that goes out, and collects a reason for unsubscribes.

Cons

Currently, I am unable to open up individual email addresses, to see the history of what they have opened or clicked. Their instructions on how to set it up could be better - they have comprehensive videos but i like to read and bypassed the videos.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

too expensive (especially as my list grew) and I had an issue with payment and was very unhappy with how they handled it - unhappy enough to start looking for an alternative that better met my needs - which BirdSend does!

Response from XooGuu

Hi Cath Thank you for your review! The ability to see an individual and see what emails they've opened and clicked, including when... is already in our to-do list.

Replied March 2020

Ian

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Simple to use, at a great price

BirdSend has been a great replacement for my previous email list provider (GetResponse). It is cheaper, easier to use, and is already providing better results. The training, tips and support are very helpful

Pros

Setting up email sequences via the "automation" option couldn't be easier. The whole sequence can be accessed from one page. This makes visualising the flow, and making changes, quick and simple. It is easy to adjust campaigns in response to replies we receive. It is so user-friendly, compared to other software we have used.

Cons

At the moment I'm frustrated that there is no integration with the lead generation software I am currently using (Thrive Leads from Thrive Themes). Although I guess the failing is on the part of Thrive, not BirdSend. I don't think the BirdSend optin forms offer as much functionality and customisation as the Thrive Leads forms do. So at the moment I have to either use Zapier to link the Thrive Leads optin to BirdSend - no good really, as I'm limited to 100 zaps, which I use in 10 days or so. Or have to use the BirdSend lead gen, which I don't like as much as the Thrive Leads forms.

Mainly price.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

We'd hit our ceiling of 5,000 emails, and GR wanted to make a HUGE price increase to step up to 10,000.

Response from XooGuu

Hi Ian Thank you for the review! Much appreciated! To clarify, you can still use Thrive Leads and Thrive Themes with BirdSend without Zapier. Simply use our RAW HTML and paste it inside Thrive, and you'll be all set. We use Thrive ourselves as well as our other users, and the RAW HTML method is how we've successfully integrated successfully with Thrive. Please see how to do this here: https://help.birdsend.co/article/show/64536 Feel free to reach out to us if you have any further queries.

Replied January 2020

Matthew

Industry: Music

November 2022

Not worth the risk!

Are you looking for a 30% drop in open rates and constant spam reports that won’t even allow you to send an email to your list?Birdsend is the perfect ESP for you!Last quarter, my marketing team decided to cut some of our overhead and switch from Mailchimp which was costing us about $1,000/mo to Birdsend at only $149/mo.This was one of the worst mistakes I’ve made as a business person.Of course, our team had the best intentions. After all, Birdsend, although a new player in the scene, had stellar reviews and was a fraction of the cost.It turns out that there’s a reason that more popular ESPs such as Constant Contact, Mailchimp and Active Campaign charge more.The integration with my website and lead capture software (wordpress and thrive leads) took our team several costly weeks to deploy and add their custom code to every single optin form.Not only did the integration take forever, but we were in constant communication with their support team to troubleshoot bugs in their tracking—these were never fully resolved.But what about deliverability?While Birdsend reported sunny stats at first (open rates seemed good at first), within two weeks, our open rates saw a decrease of 30% compared to our time with Mailchimp.At the end, we sunk $1,000+ on the integration alone only to suffer for weeks with little or no sales to show for it.

Pros

-It was the most affordable ESP-At the time, it seemed like an easy integration (not true)

Cons

-Terrible deliverability-Poor open rates-Does not natively integrate with popular lead capture software (custom coding required)-Bad tracking (does not accurately track sales made)-Spam reports due to shared server

Reasons for choosing BirdSend

Because it was more affordable

We wanted to save money

Ruth

Industry: Publishing

No More Email Headaches!

So far I'm loving my experience with BirdSend! It's easy to use, I have no more email headaches wondering if my emails are going to get delievered, or if the right emails are going out at the right time. In 2020 I'm planning on doing a lot more email automation and am looking forward to really digging in and learning about all the extra features to do that.

Pros

I love the ease and simplicity of being able to send out a daily broadcast email to my customers and subscribers. I'm a relatively new user so haven't dug into all the extra features yet.

Cons

One thing I'd really like to see is an archive feature so that I can share with people who prefer to read online. But other than that, I don't dislike anything about this software.

Reasons for choosing BirdSend

Price was a huge factor, but also I'd been a previous customer of Zaxaa Beats and had really liked it at the time. The other thing I like is that BirdSemd is built for content marketers, and as a digital product creator it fits my needs because the team understands what it takes to do email marketing on a daily basis.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

I was looking for a company with good customer service, and that was more reliable. I had all sorts of problems with ConvertKit, and felt that with so many complaints from my customers and subscribers that it wasn't worth the price I was paying.

Melissa

Choosing Birdsend was a great decision!

Their customer support has been great. I've loved working with the folks at Birdsend.

Pros

Birdsend has been a great investment for my blog. I love the ease of setting up the forms and how easy it is to customize each form. The email settings are easy to use and creating sequences, tags, automations, and broadcasts are all simple. Their deliverabilty is fantastic! Overall, such a great value!

Cons

I wish the wordpress plugin had the ability to choose individual forms for different pages on my site to make it easier to create multiple opt ins or lead magnets.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

I initially made the switch because of the price. I had a great experience for several years on Covertkit and loved their platform. Switching to Birdsend wasn't an easy decision, but I'm so glad I made the switch!

Dennis

Why I love and recommend BirdSend

Awesome. I love how lightweight it feels and how fast I can send emails. Plus I know the customer support team will answer my questions and help me within 24 hours.

Pros

BirdSend is the fastest, simplest and most affordable Email Service Provider I've found. They have an excellent onboarding process which helped me move my contacts, lists, tags, and sequences from my old ESP. Customer service has been excellent too. BirdSend is exactly what I need as a creator, info publisher, email marketer and small biz owner.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. BirdSend is a simple, streamlined ESP that does exactly what I need it to do .

Reasons for choosing BirdSend

BirdSend is faster, easier to use and more affordable. Plus I found out that they offered excellent customer support during the free trial.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

ActiveCampaign is slow and clunky. The editor is a nightmare and often loses formatting changes. I was wasting a lot of time trying to get ActiveCampaign to work instead of focusing on writing my emails.

Pamela

Industry: Broadcast Media

Outstanding service from a growing platform

Excellent service, good commitment to deliverability.

Pros

I love the outstanding customer service, the user interface (so attractive and speedy), and the part where they completely moved me from my old email service provider!

Cons

It lacks a few of the features I was used to in my old esp, but for the price I am willing to wait while they grow.

Reasons for choosing BirdSend

Price and the fact the founder emailed me with a personal invite.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

Price and the fact the founder emailed me with a personal invite.

DACHELLE

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great Startup Email Provider

Overall I've had a very good experience. The move from my other email provider was smooth and painless.

Pros

The team is very receptive to suggestions. Customer support is very helpful. The price is quite reasonable.

Cons

They are still in the startup phase, so there are a few functions I would like to help productivity. I'm hoping those will be built-in soon.

Price and functionality.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

Initially price. But, the customer service at BirdSend is far superior to MailChimp.

Gabriel

Best Bang for your Buck

Very positive and affordable. If you give them admin access to your site and other platforms they will set up integrations for you and help edit your forms as a part of the free migration services.

Pros

This is an easy to use email software that allows you to achieve the same results as other, more expensive competitors.

Cons

You do need to know some technical know how to make everything work they way you want it to. Luckily the support team is very hands on with setting up your forms, sequences and, automations they way you want it.

Reasons for choosing BirdSend

I didn't want to deal with the hassles of Mailchip and pay a lot more as I grew.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

I couldn't justify the price I was paying for how I used the service.

Jodie

Industry: Publishing

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

All the best features at a great price

Everything has been very impressive with this Company and the entire team.

Pros

The resend option for any email in a sequence.

Cons

The HTML code for forms has to be edited for clickfunnels before using it. Would love to see an integration soon.

Reasons for choosing BirdSend

Price and similar intuitive interface to ConvertKit

Price and additional features

Andy

Incredible value and much easier to use than Mailchimp

Setting up email sequences and signup forms is much easier than with my previous email service provider. I am very glad that I made the switch.

Pros

I gave Birdsend a trial for the low price, but I stayed for the ease of use and feature set. - The user interface is pretty intuitive and easy to use. - It's easy to set up forms and automation sequences. - It's totally flexible in segmenting your audience, as it works on tags rather than lists. - It allows you to set up different lead magnets or even follow-up sequences for the same 'list'. - Support is responsive, coming back either instantly or within a couple of hours, which is not bead considering the time difference between Europe and Indonesia. They are friendly and helpful, and their English is excellent. - They also provide a useful guide to email marketing, very useful for the non-specialist like me. - Costs are far lower than the competition

Cons

Birdsend is a young product so there are still a few features to be added or ironed out - not bugs, but sometimes it's not as flexible as I would like. The company is aware of this and seem to be working diligently to improve these very minor snags. Let me give you an idea of how minor these are: - If you put a form in the Birdsend widget, you only get one choice of font for the headings - luckily it's one that looks OK (I figured out how to change this in CSS eventually) - the visibility settings for the forms widget don't seem to always work as they should - fortunately it's easy to configure the visibility of widgets directly in Wordpress, so it's not a problem. - Birdsend's website could do with a more responsive design when trying to view it on mobile. That's all I can think of - they are very minor points.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

I looked at alternatives to Mailchimp because I was frustrated with its inflexibility. I gave Birdsend a try initially because of its much lower costs, but I stayed for the flexibility, much more intuitive interface, and ease of use. I am now well out of the trial period, and I'm very glad I switched.

Amy

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

BirdSend Has Helped Me Grow My Email List!

It's been great! My subscriber list has increased a lot and people are responding to my emails well. My open rate has gone up a lot and I get a definite increase in my traffic when an email goes out.

Pros

I like how easy BirdSend is to use. The import, setup of broadcasts and funnels, and pop-up have been very straight forward to use. If I have questions, I always get a prompt answer and followup. I love that a pop-up is included. That has increased my subscribers the most. I'm not a fan of pop-ups but this one is working well. Setting up my weekly broadcasts and a sign-up series was simple and has been very effective for my list. The dashboard is straight forward, which I like! I'm not very tech-savvy so I like the basics and ease which BirdSend provides both!

Cons

Not a lot that I can think of yet. I know there are quite a few features I have yet to use, but I'm happy with what it has done for my business and the price is great! Maybe a few more features for the emails themselves like inserting a line.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

I wanted something more affordable.

Donna

Love the ease of use with Birdsend!

My experience has been great! I found the platform easy to use.

Pros

I switched to Birdsend from another software due to cost savings and the fact that I could get most of the features I wanted at Birdsend with substantial cost savings. I haven't been disappointed. I have been very impressed with how quickly and thoroughly tech support replies to issues and the openness of the developer to suggestions to improve the software.

Cons

I wish the opt-in forms could be more easily customized without having to hire a developer, similar to the form customization features in aWeber. While there is some integration with the Wordpress plugin, Thrive, Architect, I wish the opt-in form customization was more thorough like in ConvertKit.

outlined in review above

ConvertKit

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

cost savings for a similar product

Amy

Industry: Writing and Editing

Exceptional support, amazing features

I was unsure about switching from my previous email service provider to BirdSend, but after some contemplation, I made the switch. My only complaint is that I wish I would have done it sooner. The support is outstanding and the service itself is worth its weight in gold. I would highly recommend this ESP to any online business owner.

Pros

The process of moving from my previous email service provider to BirdSend was seamless. I didn't lose any subscribers and they offered to switch over all my forms for me. As with anything, there was a bit of a learning curve at the beginning, but it is very easy to use and straightforward. The value you get for the price is absolutely incredible and they have the best support team I've ever come across bar none.

Cons

Learning how to use BirdSend at the beginning was a bit of a learning curve, but nothing too extreme. After a couple of days of exploring in my account, I was able to learn where different features were kept and how to run my account smoothly.

Adele

Industry: Online Media

So glad I found Birdsend

I love that I can tag/segment my list, create rules based on certain actions like clicks or buys, and A/B test headlines within the platform. I also enjoy the option of being able to resend emails to people who haven't opened them and clean my list of unengaged subs all within the platform. My last ESP required me to purchase a separate package if I wanted to clean my list. Birdsend is beginner friendly if you just need something simple but it's also perfect for more advanced users who want to dive deep into tracking, rules, and testing.

Pros

I love the ease of use, customer service, and all of the features I get using this software that I couldn't get with other ESPs. Plus, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I also like that they upgrade their software to include improvements and tweaks.

Cons

Nothing, I can't find anything wrong with the software.

Reasons for choosing BirdSend

Because I saw the spreadsheet that Welly did which included the comparison between Birdsend and other ESPs. It made me realize just how many great features Birdsend has that others don't. It's truly a great service! Thank you Welly and the team!

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

Convertkit was too expensive and didn't have all the features I wanted. And Madmimi and EmailOctopus were less expensive but they could hardly do anything. I don't think I could even tag/segment with EmailOctopus. They always said those features were "coming soon"

Camila

Love this tool

Amazing.

Pros

At first, the price. Hard to beat. But once I started using it, it's how easy it is to set campaigns, write emails and sequences and overall admin the account. BUT most of all what I love the most is to be heard. That's priceless. As a relatively new tool, it's growing and competing with giants and yet they take the time to listen to what we need. I already requested a few important features they didn't have and within weeks they made it happen. Their response is always positive and willing to help, open to improving the platform. Hope they keep listening and caring as they grow. I'm really glad I found them and I recommend BirdSend highly!

Cons

I can't say there's anything I dislike. I could just number a few things that could be more flexible, like the actual email layout, maybe having a few more editing options but nothing that I could live without. So far I'm very happy.

Reasons for choosing BirdSend

My options were staying with MailerLite and Mailchimp or switching to BirdSend. I chose BirdSend because I had good communication with Welly before switching, he was very helpful and communicative. And finally the price vs all the value I was getting was a nobrainer.

Reasons for switching to BirdSend

Price and flexibility of the tool.

Bianca