• Pros

• "I love that a pop-up is included. That has increased my subscribers the most."

• "I especially love how easy it is to use. I used to be on Mailchimp and found it to not always be user friendly."

• "I love the feature that you can resend the mail to those readers who didn't open the first mail. Fantastic customer service that big companies could never provide."

• Cons

• "At the moment I'm frustrated that there is no integration with the lead generation software I am currently using (Thrive Leads from Thrive Themes)."

• "I also miss the visual automations within ConvertKit."

• "Or have to use the BirdSend lead gen, which I don't like as much as the Thrive Leads forms."

Browse BirdSend Reviews

Cath from Sex Ed Rescue

A great alternative to ConvertKit

Overall very positive. I annoy them a lot with questions, as I am always comparing it to ConvertKit (which I used for 3-4 years). And they are very good with replies. Plus very open to suggestions on how to improve it. It is only a new provider, which means they are still rolling out features. When switching to a new provider, there is a learning curve (which can be frustrating) but that will happen with any new provider. So I dedicated 2-3 days to play with it ie set up forms, automations and tags before switching my large list over. It was time well spent!

Pros

Affordability was important, as ConvertKIt was becoming way too expensive, as my list continued to grow. I also love the functions. It pretty much does everything that ConvertKit does (or soon will be as new features are constantly being added) and more. Plus it gives me detailed analytics for each email that goes out, and collects a reason for unsubscribes.

Cons

Currently, I am unable to open up individual email addresses, to see the history of what they have opened or clicked. Their instructions on how to set it up could be better - they have comprehensive videos but i like to read and bypassed the videos.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

too expensive (especially as my list grew) and I had an issue with payment and was very unhappy with how they handled it - unhappy enough to start looking for an alternative that better met my needs - which BirdSend does!

Response from XooGuu

Replied March 2020

Hi Cath Thank you for your review! The ability to see an individual and see what emails they've opened and clicked, including when... is already in our to-do list.

Ian from House Sitting Magazine

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Simple to use, at a great price

BirdSend has been a great replacement for my previous email list provider (GetResponse). It is cheaper, easier to use, and is already providing better results. The training, tips and support are very helpful

Pros

Setting up email sequences via the "automation" option couldn't be easier. The whole sequence can be accessed from one page. This makes visualising the flow, and making changes, quick and simple. It is easy to adjust campaigns in response to replies we receive. It is so user-friendly, compared to other software we have used.

Cons

At the moment I'm frustrated that there is no integration with the lead generation software I am currently using (Thrive Leads from Thrive Themes). Although I guess the failing is on the part of Thrive, not BirdSend. I don't think the BirdSend optin forms offer as much functionality and customisation as the Thrive Leads forms do. So at the moment I have to either use Zapier to link the Thrive Leads optin to BirdSend - no good really, as I'm limited to 100 zaps, which I use in 10 days or so. Or have to use the BirdSend lead gen, which I don't like as much as the Thrive Leads forms.

Mainly price.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

We'd hit our ceiling of 5,000 emails, and GR wanted to make a HUGE price increase to step up to 10,000.

Response from XooGuu

Replied January 2020

Hi Ian Thank you for the review! Much appreciated! To clarify, you can still use Thrive Leads and Thrive Themes with BirdSend without Zapier. Simply use our RAW HTML and paste it inside Thrive, and you'll be all set. We use Thrive ourselves as well as our other users, and the RAW HTML method is how we've successfully integrated successfully with Thrive. Please see how to do this here: https://help.birdsend.co/article/show/64536 Feel free to reach out to us if you have any further queries.

Dennis from Brand Barbarians LLC

Why I love and recommend BirdSend

Awesome. I love how lightweight it feels and how fast I can send emails. Plus I know the customer support team will answer my questions and help me within 24 hours.

Pros

BirdSend is the fastest, simplest and most affordable Email Service Provider I've found. They have an excellent onboarding process which helped me move my contacts, lists, tags, and sequences from my old ESP. Customer service has been excellent too. BirdSend is exactly what I need as a creator, info publisher, email marketer and small biz owner.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. BirdSend is a simple, streamlined ESP that does exactly what I need it to do .

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

BirdSend is faster, easier to use and more affordable. Plus I found out that they offered excellent customer support during the free trial.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

ActiveCampaign is slow and clunky. The editor is a nightmare and often loses formatting changes. I was wasting a lot of time trying to get ActiveCampaign to work instead of focusing on writing my emails.

Patricia from Abounding in Hope with Lyme

Bare Bones But Works

BirdSend is really the bare bones of email marketing. If you're just sending out basic emails and creating simple, basic opt-ins, it works but if you need more tools it's just not there yet.

Pros

I love the ease of creating pop-ups and opt-ins. So easy! My list size has almost doubled in just a few months.

Cons

I can't segment my sign-ups and there's no built-in gdpr. There aren't any options to change the text font, color, or size.

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

My friend recommended it.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

I wanted to grow my email without spending a ton of money. Birdsend is affordable.

Response from XooGuu

Replied February 2020

Hi Tricia Thanks for the Capterra review. You mentioned that there's no built-in GDPR and you can't segment your sign ups. You can actually do this. I've recorded a short video to show you how to do it: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Please let me know if you have further questions.

Ruth from Ritchie Media

No More Email Headaches!

So far I'm loving my experience with BirdSend! It's easy to use, I have no more email headaches wondering if my emails are going to get delievered, or if the right emails are going out at the right time. In 2020 I'm planning on doing a lot more email automation and am looking forward to really digging in and learning about all the extra features to do that.

Pros

I love the ease and simplicity of being able to send out a daily broadcast email to my customers and subscribers. I'm a relatively new user so haven't dug into all the extra features yet.

Cons

One thing I'd really like to see is an archive feature so that I can share with people who prefer to read online. But other than that, I don't dislike anything about this software.

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

Price was a huge factor, but also I'd been a previous customer of Zaxaa Beats and had really liked it at the time. The other thing I like is that BirdSemd is built for content marketers, and as a digital product creator it fits my needs because the team understands what it takes to do email marketing on a daily basis.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

I was looking for a company with good customer service, and that was more reliable. I had all sorts of problems with ConvertKit, and felt that with so many complaints from my customers and subscribers that it wasn't worth the price I was paying.

Melissa from A Virtuous Woman

Choosing Birdsend was a great decision!

Their customer support has been great. I've loved working with the folks at Birdsend.

Pros

Birdsend has been a great investment for my blog. I love the ease of setting up the forms and how easy it is to customize each form. The email settings are easy to use and creating sequences, tags, automations, and broadcasts are all simple. Their deliverabilty is fantastic! Overall, such a great value!

Cons

I wish the wordpress plugin had the ability to choose individual forms for different pages on my site to make it easier to create multiple opt ins or lead magnets.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

I initially made the switch because of the price. I had a great experience for several years on Covertkit and loved their platform. Switching to Birdsend wasn't an easy decision, but I'm so glad I made the switch!

Pamela from Pam Barnhill Media, LLC

Industry: Broadcast Media

Outstanding service from a growing platform

Excellent service, good commitment to deliverability.

Pros

I love the outstanding customer service, the user interface (so attractive and speedy), and the part where they completely moved me from my old email service provider!

Cons

It lacks a few of the features I was used to in my old esp, but for the price I am willing to wait while they grow.

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

Price and the fact the founder emailed me with a personal invite.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

Price and the fact the founder emailed me with a personal invite.

DACHELLE from HIDE THE CHOCOLATE

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great Startup Email Provider

Overall I've had a very good experience. The move from my other email provider was smooth and painless.

Pros

The team is very receptive to suggestions. Customer support is very helpful. The price is quite reasonable.

Cons

They are still in the startup phase, so there are a few functions I would like to help productivity. I'm hoping those will be built-in soon.

Price and functionality.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

Initially price. But, the customer service at BirdSend is far superior to MailChimp.

Gabriel from Fuel Your Life

Best Bang for your Buck

Very positive and affordable. If you give them admin access to your site and other platforms they will set up integrations for you and help edit your forms as a part of the free migration services.

Pros

This is an easy to use email software that allows you to achieve the same results as other, more expensive competitors.

Cons

You do need to know some technical know how to make everything work they way you want it to. Luckily the support team is very hands on with setting up your forms, sequences and, automations they way you want it.

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

I didn't want to deal with the hassles of Mailchip and pay a lot more as I grew.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

I couldn't justify the price I was paying for how I used the service.

Jodie from Roaming Income

Industry: Publishing

All the best features at a great price

Everything has been very impressive with this Company and the entire team.

Pros

The resend option for any email in a sequence.

Cons

The HTML code for forms has to be edited for clickfunnels before using it. Would love to see an integration soon.

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

Price and similar intuitive interface to ConvertKit

Price and additional features

Andy from Coaching Leaders Ltd

Incredible value and much easier to use than Mailchimp

Setting up email sequences and signup forms is much easier than with my previous email service provider. I am very glad that I made the switch.

Pros

I gave Birdsend a trial for the low price, but I stayed for the ease of use and feature set. - The user interface is pretty intuitive and easy to use. - It's easy to set up forms and automation sequences. - It's totally flexible in segmenting your audience, as it works on tags rather than lists. - It allows you to set up different lead magnets or even follow-up sequences for the same 'list'. - Support is responsive, coming back either instantly or within a couple of hours, which is not bead considering the time difference between Europe and Indonesia. They are friendly and helpful, and their English is excellent. - They also provide a useful guide to email marketing, very useful for the non-specialist like me. - Costs are far lower than the competition

Cons

Birdsend is a young product so there are still a few features to be added or ironed out - not bugs, but sometimes it's not as flexible as I would like. The company is aware of this and seem to be working diligently to improve these very minor snags. Let me give you an idea of how minor these are: - If you put a form in the Birdsend widget, you only get one choice of font for the headings - luckily it's one that looks OK (I figured out how to change this in CSS eventually) - the visibility settings for the forms widget don't seem to always work as they should - fortunately it's easy to configure the visibility of widgets directly in Wordpress, so it's not a problem. - Birdsend's website could do with a more responsive design when trying to view it on mobile. That's all I can think of - they are very minor points.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

I looked at alternatives to Mailchimp because I was frustrated with its inflexibility. I gave Birdsend a try initially because of its much lower costs, but I stayed for the flexibility, much more intuitive interface, and ease of use. I am now well out of the trial period, and I'm very glad I switched.

Amy from Leap of Faith Crafting

BirdSend Has Helped Me Grow My Email List!

It's been great! My subscriber list has increased a lot and people are responding to my emails well. My open rate has gone up a lot and I get a definite increase in my traffic when an email goes out.

Pros

I like how easy BirdSend is to use. The import, setup of broadcasts and funnels, and pop-up have been very straight forward to use. If I have questions, I always get a prompt answer and followup. I love that a pop-up is included. That has increased my subscribers the most. I'm not a fan of pop-ups but this one is working well. Setting up my weekly broadcasts and a sign-up series was simple and has been very effective for my list. The dashboard is straight forward, which I like! I'm not very tech-savvy so I like the basics and ease which BirdSend provides both!

Cons

Not a lot that I can think of yet. I know there are quite a few features I have yet to use, but I'm happy with what it has done for my business and the price is great! Maybe a few more features for the emails themselves like inserting a line.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

I wanted something more affordable.

Donna from BizSmart Media

Love the ease of use with Birdsend!

My experience has been great! I found the platform easy to use.

Pros

I switched to Birdsend from another software due to cost savings and the fact that I could get most of the features I wanted at Birdsend with substantial cost savings. I haven't been disappointed. I have been very impressed with how quickly and thoroughly tech support replies to issues and the openness of the developer to suggestions to improve the software.

Cons

I wish the opt-in forms could be more easily customized without having to hire a developer, similar to the form customization features in aWeber. While there is some integration with the Wordpress plugin, Thrive, Architect, I wish the opt-in form customization was more thorough like in ConvertKit.

outlined in review above

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

cost savings for a similar product

Amy from Deliberately Here

Industry: Writing and Editing

Exceptional support, amazing features

I was unsure about switching from my previous email service provider to BirdSend, but after some contemplation, I made the switch. My only complaint is that I wish I would have done it sooner. The support is outstanding and the service itself is worth its weight in gold. I would highly recommend this ESP to any online business owner.

Pros

The process of moving from my previous email service provider to BirdSend was seamless. I didn't lose any subscribers and they offered to switch over all my forms for me. As with anything, there was a bit of a learning curve at the beginning, but it is very easy to use and straightforward. The value you get for the price is absolutely incredible and they have the best support team I've ever come across bar none.

Cons

Learning how to use BirdSend at the beginning was a bit of a learning curve, but nothing too extreme. After a couple of days of exploring in my account, I was able to learn where different features were kept and how to run my account smoothly.

Adele from EndThrive

So glad I found Birdsend

I love that I can tag/segment my list, create rules based on certain actions like clicks or buys, and A/B test headlines within the platform. I also enjoy the option of being able to resend emails to people who haven't opened them and clean my list of unengaged subs all within the platform. My last ESP required me to purchase a separate package if I wanted to clean my list. Birdsend is beginner friendly if you just need something simple but it's also perfect for more advanced users who want to dive deep into tracking, rules, and testing.

Pros

I love the ease of use, customer service, and all of the features I get using this software that I couldn't get with other ESPs. Plus, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I also like that they upgrade their software to include improvements and tweaks.

Cons

Nothing, I can't find anything wrong with the software.

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

Because I saw the spreadsheet that Welly did which included the comparison between Birdsend and other ESPs. It made me realize just how many great features Birdsend has that others don't. It's truly a great service! Thank you Welly and the team!

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

Convertkit was too expensive and didn't have all the features I wanted. And Madmimi and EmailOctopus were less expensive but they could hardly do anything. I don't think I could even tag/segment with EmailOctopus. They always said those features were "coming soon"

Bianca from Elephantastic Vegan

Industry: Online Media

Sending out email newsletters for less money!

I have a blog that sends out a newsletter whenever a new blogpost goes online. I don't make a lot of money off my newsletter subscribers, that's why I wanted to opt for an inexpensive email platform. When I found Birdsend, I was a bit hesitant at first because it wasn't as well established in the blogging world, but I gave it a try and loved it. I can do all my newsletters from there with an RSS integration (which means less work for me) and it costs me less. Win-Win!

Pros

+ RSS-Integration. Birdsend can create my newsletters by using my website's RSS feed. Which makes is super easy for me to send out the emails. + Simple E-Mail design. Birdsend focuses on a simple and functional newsletter, which is also beautiful. + Awesome support. When I started out with Birdsend, the founder took his time to explain to me the whole platform in a skype meeting. All my further questions have been answered really quickly by the support team. + Birdsend is much cheaper than similar email platforms. And I can do everything I need to within the platform. So for me, it was a no-brainer.

Cons

- As it was a new platform, that I've never heard of, I took a leap of faith. I didn't regret it, though.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

Birdsend is much more inexpensive than similar email platforms.

Michael from Michael Kollwitz Music

Industry: Music

BirdSend is a GodSend

I keep in touch with fans and announce new releases using BirdSend. I am not a professional email marketer so the extra help has made it worth the while for me. This program is definitely for professional email marketers and has all the features I would want if I were one myself.

Pros

Took a little while for me to get used to the software but once I did it's much easier to operate than the others I have tried (i.e. MailChimp)

Cons

Some of the functions worked differently and I needed help learning them. I am very happy to report that BirdSend's customer service is the best I've ever experienced. I was never able to connect with anyone ever at MailChimp. BirdSend is the exact opposite: they are right there to help or within 24 hours or less. Excellent customer service!

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

MailChimp software blocked me when I tried to send two emails in the same day. It literally locked up and stopped working. Of course, there was no warning nor would they answer a single email explaining why. A friend told me about BirdSend so I made the switch and glad I did.

Mary from Mary Rodman - Christian Author & Speaker

Excellent Product

Outstanding!

Pros

It is so easy to learn. I was using a competitors product, but was struggling with the flow to set up emails. A couple of quick conversations with the help desk and I was on my way to mass email updates. My favorite feature was tying it to my website. I set up marketing emails and/or update emails within my books, offering the reader an opportunity to connect with me for more devotionals. The website redirects them to BirdSend to register. they register with an email and the devotionals go to their Inbox automatically. It has wonderful functionality and easy to set up. When I add a new devotional links, I simply duplicate the process, modify the email name and email data to fit the new link! Wow! What wonderful customer service! They are quick to respond to any questions. They go above and beyond with follow-up making sure everything is working after a question. I have never had any problem with their software, just operator error when need a little help if setting up something new. Great deals for renewing the product and a great value compared to other similar products. All around I give BirdSend an A++ and highly recommend the product.

Cons

The only negative I have seen is that I would love the capability of additional fonts, but the good far outweighs this one minor problem.

Cost and functionality.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

Cost and functionality. I found MailChimp cumbersome to work within.

Naa Ardua from Paper Flo Design

Amazing attention to detail!

I'm saving so much money just by switching providers. The fact that Birdsend can do pretty much everything that the bigger well known companies can do at a more affordable price is excellent.

Pros

The level of dedication from the customer service team is amazing! I had hundreds of questions and they answered each and every one in a timely manner. I was super impressed at the level of detail during the migration process.

Cons

The landing page feature is not as robust as it is with Convertkit but the replacement option is sufficient.

BirdSend is a great option for starting out!

Pros

BirdSend's first 5,000 subscribers are free. There is a referral program that allows you and person you referred to get an additional 500 subscribers. They have a great email challenge for when you first sign up. I have spoken with their customer support several times - they are always fast and solve my problems right away. It is easy and simple to use. They allow affiliate marketing.

Cons

I wish there were templates. Not as advanced or "beautiful" as other email software.

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

It was free and easier to use that Mailchimp. BirdSend also allows affiliate marketing and Mailchimp does not.

Response from XooGuu

Replied March 2020

Thanks for the review! We created BirdSend specifically for content creators who: 1/ Put a heavy focus on the content they deliver (rather than how fancy looking their emails are) 2/ Want to crank out emails super fast (we dare say faster than anything you've tried), instead of spending time tweaking on "design" elements As such, we provide a lightweight simple email editor instead of a "heavy" drag and drop editor.

Lauren from Wanderlust Movement

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

My review of BirdSend

BirdSend is an excellent alternative to MailChimp and other competitors. You get a lot of value for your money and the customer support is incredible.

Pros

I love the price point of BirdSend and the super-responsive customer service. I also like how easy it is to use and that it has all the features I need for email marketing campaigns.

Cons

I think there are some features missing, but BirdSend does roll out new things all the time.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

The price point and the customer service. I find BirdSend to be way more personal and I don't feel like another clog in the machine.

Iryna from Lavender & Macarons

Great value for the price!

I have switched to BirdSend from another email marketing provider and so far I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality of the service. Their customer service is really exceptional, they helped me to migrate all of my previous forms and contacts, so I didn't have to worry about doing it all by myself. They constantly come up with new features and tools and you can submit a support ticket if you'd like to improve something. BirdSend forms are lightweight. My favorite feature is that you can regulate where you want opt-in forms to appear on a page without the need to edit the code (as it was the case with my previous e-mail marketing providers). The dashboard is very easy to navigate. Plus, the price is much lower than what you would pay for ConvertKit or other popular email marketing software providers, but I think you get the same functionality and results yet paying less.

Pros

easy to navigate the dashboard exceptional customer service price

Cons

I'd like to see more opt-in designs to choose from.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

They were not flexible with customer's requests

Jen from Dabbling in Jet Lag

Industry: Photography

Best Email Service Provider

Pros

Customer Service is outstanding. They are very responsive and do what they can to help you solve your issues. Efficient and effective Easy to use/set-up I can send test emails to myself It does not slow down my website

Cons

For the moment there are not any cons I can think of. Every time I had an issue the customer service team responded quickly.

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

I read other bloggers that switched over and were happy with the service.

Joseph from JMLalonde.com

Great Email Service That Could Use Just A Few Tweaks

Welly and his team have been amazing in getting me switched over from MailChimp. The support team quickly responds to issues and helps me figure out what I need to do. The pricing for BirdSend can't be beat. I was shocked by the price and then wowed by the attention to service.

Pros

Pricing Concierge move Support response

Cons

Not able to select scheduled sends Time to move from MailChimp to BirdSend

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

MailChimp continued to raise rates and not have the features I needed.

Adam from Total Dads

Eliminate the Confusion, Overwhelm & Complexity

Overall, it's been a great platform that's so simple to use. Simplicity is something I look for when choosing a piece of software, as I hate spending the time to learn another piece of software.

Pros

I have been in the online marketing space for 10+ years, and have used several email autoresponder tools. Without a doubt, Bird Send has been the simplest to set up. I still have not had to watch a tutorial video, as it's easy to figure out. The other feature I love is the auto-resend emails to people who have not opened an email. Others tools have this, but it's done manually. As an entrepenuer, we have 37 things going on, and often times forget to log back into our email autoresponder tool to re-send the emails. With Bird Send, this is automated.

Cons

The biggest issue I have is they don't have that many direct integrations. You can connect with other tools via Zapier, but that's a pain to set up (and an additional cost). I really wish we could tag people who click on a link, as I like the ability to do that.

3 months ago

Response from XooGuu

Replied July 2020

Hey Adam, Thanks for the review. You can easily tag people who click on a link. Simply go to [Automation > [Rules] and then set this up: https://share.getcloudapp.com/5zuXQED7 Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be glad to help!

Chuck from My Online Startup

Easily one of the best autoresponders out there!

I'm using Birdsend to send out content, updates and affiliate promotions. The inboxing is amazing, the A/B split test feature is awesome and the re-sending feature is also a no brainer. Adding tags to openers, clickers and buyers are very easy and can be used to send specific emails to specific leads.

Pros

It's very simple to use and extremely affordable!

Cons

They do not have a bulk blacklist email feature.

Response from XooGuu

Replied March 2020

Hi Chuck Thank you so much for your review! To clarify, we do have a bulk blacklist email feature. Please see this: https://share.getcloudapp.com/d5u01lYL Let us know if you need anything else!

Elviira from So Simple Oy

Great value for the money

I use BirdSend to send newsletter to my blog readers. It has been working like charm. Also the migration from my previously used software was very smooth, as the Birdsend staff did it for me.

Pros

Simple, effective, affordable. Just perfect for my needs. I love the feature that you can resend the mail to those readers who didn't open the first mail. Fantastic customer service that big companies could never provide!

Cons

It could be easier to use. It takes some time to learn to use it and find certain features and actions. Luckily there was a good training to it.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

I was introduced to BirdSend software and I thought it's a great option and worth switching. Also the cost is very affordable and the software fills all my needs.

Sherri from Hall Productions

Easy to use and great value for the money!

Overall, I am extremely happy with the software, the pricing and also with the customer service. The team has been very helpful in explaining things and answering my questions. I have also seen a better open rate than I had in the past.

Pros

I especially love how easy it is to use. I used to be on Mailchimp and found it to not always be user friendly. I also like the look of the finished emails as opposed to what they looked like on Mailchimp.

Cons

At first, I didn't like that there weren't templates like Mailchimp but when I saw the finished email I really loved the look of it and thought it was way better than what I had before. I only use it to send weekly updates about my blog and don't use all the features that others might use, so I don't have anything really that I don't like about it.

Response from XooGuu

Replied March 2020

Hi Sherri Thank you so much for the review! We created BirdSend specifically for content creators who: 1/ Put a heavy focus on the content they deliver (rather than how fancy looking their emails are) 2/ Want to crank out emails super fast (we dare say faster than anything you've tried), instead of spending time tweaking on "design" elements As such, we provide a lightweight simple email editor instead of a "heavy" drag and drop editor. Glad that you like the look of our emails. Let us know if you need anything else!

Tara from Tara Fitness

Switched from ConvertKit to save $$$

Love it. Saves me $$$, didn’t take me any time at all to switch. All positive for this solopreneur.

Pros

I love the price. I now save $30US per month since switching from ConvertKit yet I still have almost the same functionality. The switch was super simple - the BirdSend team did it for me!

Cons

I’d like to be able to use CSS in emails and create templates as it would make it far easier to customise. I also miss the visual automations within ConvertKit.

Price.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

Price and the support to move contacts and funnels from my previous software.

Response from XooGuu

Replied March 2020

Hi Tara Many thanks for your review! Want to clarify that you can use inline CSS in your emails. Visual automation is also in our to-do list. Thanks for your support.

Marc from No Recipes

Industry: Publishing

All the features I need at a good price with great support

Pros

Birdsend isn't the most sophisticated ESP, but therein lies its beauty. It has all the features that most small to mid-size businesses will ever use, and nothing more, which makes it very easy to use. On the few occasions I do get stuck, or have a problem, their tech support is responsive and friendly.

Cons

It's not really a con, but the ability to build templates would be a nice time saver.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

I use email to send simple weekly newsletters and don't need many advanced features. I don't sell any products on my site, so spending a ton of money on an ESP doesn't make a lot of sense. Mailchimp raised their prices, which was the kick in the pants I needed to make the switch.

Ray from Work-Life Guys Pte Ltd

Cheap and Good

I have tried Aweber and Getresponse, and this is by far my favorite. My only regret is not coming on board earlier.

Pros

- Integrates with many softwares. - Reasonable pricing. - VERY RESPONSIVE live chats, that actually knows the answers. - Even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very hands on, and will connect with you. - No frills, you have what you need to do the really basic stuffs. - Reliable, no unpleasant surprises.

Cons

- Interface needs some time to get used to. - The thank you page URL needs to be hardcoded in the software, while I would prefer it to be on the website so I can use PHP. (probably not an issue for 95% of the other users though)

Conrad from Unignorable MEDIA

The ALMOST-PERFECT Email Platform

BirdSend makes it easy to create emails and email sequences. And makes it super easy to edit them. They also make it easy to track which emails are making sales.

Pros

Simplicity, Features, and Pricing. When I saw that the software could track customer values, was tagged based, and started at $9/mo I was intrigued. Then when I started my trial and saw how easy the editor was to use, I was hooked. Building out sequences and editing individual emails in a sequence is one of the things it does better than a lot of other softwares. I've used a lot of email platforms over the years. I still use Active Campaign, Constant Comtact, SendFox, and MailerLite for certain clients and projects. But as of now, BirdSend is my favorite overall for ease of use and features.

Cons

I'd like to have the ability to link to old emails as webpages directly from BirdSend. And I'd love more direct integrations.

Natalie from Weddings Abroad Guide

Incredible Customer Support

Overall experience has been fantastic. The customer service team are the most responsive I have ever come across. They go above and beyond and have been incredible. The migration process was taken care of which made the whole transition process seamless and easy. The money I am saving makes the switch even more worthwhile.

Pros

- The value for money is fantastic - Customer Service is outstanding - Easy to use - Good functionality and features

Cons

- There are some minor features missing but workarounds have been found

Cost / Price

Tamara from Marketing Planet

So far, so good!

Pros

I'm barely getting familiar with it but so far, so good. It seems simple and effective. I hve installed 2 forms so far, and it was pretty easy once I understood how to add the snippets and plugins to my sites. One thing is for sure, Welly and his team are amazing at customer service. They strive to help us understand the workings of this software and reply to questions quite fast.

Cons

I'm a bit confused when I go into the dashboard. For instance, I'm still trying to figure out where to add messages and create a drip for each form. The system looks good, but a bit more organization in the dashboard to make it intuitive will go a long way.

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

Price. See above comment.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

Price. As a startup, keeping costs minimal is key.

Amy from Humility and Doxology

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Value + Functionality

Pros

I like that Birdsend provides affordable email marketing that still has all the tools I need.

Cons

I haven't taken the time needed to fully learn all the options and tools I have at my disposal.

Reasons for Choosing BirdSend

A driving factor for me was cost. I was worried that with the economical cost would come less than ideal service, but that has not proven to be the case. It is good quality at a reasonable rate.

Reasons for Switching to BirdSend

I wanted a better email service with improved automations and other options, but I also needed it to not cost an arm and a leg!