• icon"The ability to integrate video into email is really this software's go-to hook."
  • icon"The simplicity of this software is great for those of us who aren’t very tech savvy. The read/watched receipts are also great."
  • icon"It's easy to use, has tons of very cool features everything is easy to find. The tech support team is wonderful too."
  • icon"Sometimes glitches out when in poor cellular reception areas."
  • icon"The editing features are limited and some of the video guides are old so some things aren’t the same when viewing the current version."
  • icon"As a result, our company under utilized the product and we stopped using it all together due to lack of adoption."

Browse all BombBomb Reviews

• Have you used BombBomb and would like to share your experience with others?

Haley

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

February 2022

BombBomb for personalized prospecting emails

Anastasia

It's the Bomb!!!

I LOVE the concept! I love the ease and the fact that they keep improving it. I'm not using BombBomb like I could be, there's SO much more to it then just the one-off video emails I currently do. I plan to switch over from my current email marketing platform to BombBomb as well and take advantage of their CRM-like capabilities as well. The customer service is superb!!!! And the email tracker is something I use all day while working.

Pros

It's SO easy to use and thus far still rather unique so my video emails really help me to stand out!

Cons

Honestly can't think of a thing as I've been so happy with it.

Leslie

Industry: Cosmetics

BombBomb worked great

Pros

This was easy to use. I loved the video function and links.

Cons

I liked using this softward and didn't have any problems

Reasons for switching to BombBomb

The person who creates my emails switched. Plus, I like the video capabilities and the links.

October 2022

Easy to Use!

I use it regularly and have had great luck using it and great response from clients

Pros

Super simple to use to record and share videos, including screen shares and via text or email.

Cons

Calls to action could use some work. They exist, but I don't find them intuitive

Easy of use

Easy of use, customization

Rachel

Industry: Cosmetics

Nice Marketing Emails, lots of Limitations

Frustrating.

Pros

It gave me HTML emails, fancier than just sending plain text emails thru my email account.

Cons

The edibility and customization or templates was so challenging and limited. Once an email template was created by my virtual assistant, I struggles to move content, or drag/drop without making the formatting of the email get "wonky" and messed up. Unlike other companies that have SIMPLE, drag/drop editable designs, I felt unless I knew html coding, I had little control of edit-ability once an email template was created.

Reasons for switching to BombBomb

My new virtual assistant uses VipeCloud - and I'm SO HAPPY with the switch.

Kristy

September 2022

Why I've Stuck With Bombbomb For My Marketing for Over 10 Years!

You don't stay with a company for 10 years if they aren't doing something right! In 2012, I searched high and low for a video email platform. When I found Bombbomb, I was amazed. They continue to make improvements on the user interface and the options. They integrate seamlessly into Gmail as well as Chrome. They are easy to use and their customer service is just fantastic. When you have a question, the customer service person will send you a video email walking you through whatever they are helping with. It's so cool.

Pros

It's very user friendly. A few years ago they made a huge UI upgrade from the old layout. While I like having control over html code, most average people don't. They did what people wanted. But tech support taught me a trick so I can go back and do it the old way, when I want. The software integrates with other programs I use, such as my CRM, Google sheets & other autoresponders. I love that I can host all of my videos there and I can password protect them for control. I can even customize the video hosting page or I can put a video into an email. I can see when an email is opened, whether or not the video was clicked on or watched and see how far into the video they watched. This works great for calling people right when they see my marketing. They think it's a coincidence -- they don't know I can spy on them! I like that every email also has it's own URL, so it can look like a web page. It's so easy.

Cons

The one thing I don't like is the code that I get to embed. I often have to use a YouTube video for embedding if they don't accept Bombbomb's code. It may just be me, and I'll be calling support to find out how to get around it. I also don't like that emails don't have folders. They do have tags, which they see as the same thing. I wish I could put emails into folders and close them, so I only see what's currently relevant.

Reasons for choosing BombBomb

None of the the companies I found at the time did even half of what Bombbomb did at the time. They were a bit ahead of their time. The companies I did find had very limited capabilities and their User Interface was VERY old looking. Bombbomb was cutting edge. I believe they still are.

Lisa

Love Bomb Bomb for Our Business

The service with bomb bomb is second to none. If I ever have a question, and I pick up the phone and call him, they are all over it. They get back to their emails in a reasonable time and I think their service is just excellent. Using bomb bomb has been very worthwhile for our real estate business, a highly customer service related business, and I would highly recommend it to other realtors and other service oriented businesses as well.

Pros

We use bomb bomb at least once a week and probably more like three or four times a week to keep in touch with our clients. It has also been great for training purposes for me with our team members, I can sent instructional videos so quickly and easily either directly through the Bomb Bomb system or through Follow Up Boss. I love that it integrates with follow up boss, our contact management system, that has been amazing for us for ease of use, and I love that we aren't fiddling around with downloading videos then re-uploading videos, I love that we can just record within bomb bomb itself. It works great for our real estate team and I would highly recommend it.

Cons

Really my only complaint is that when I have to export all of our updated client lists into Excel for our bulk mail outs and then upload into bomb bomb, it seems to be a bit of a duplication of efforts. I wish it would be more seem less than that. It's not a huge deal, however that would be the biggest con that I can see. That's one of the thing that is a concern for me is that Shaw email accounts and Hotmail accounts seem to flag my bulk emails as spam. So that is too bad and I know that there is a certain percentage of our clients that aren't receiving our emails.

Josh

Rehumanizing Your Business

BombBomb's service has allowed us to keep in touch with our database of 3,000+ people, as well as increased our conversion rates for new leads. What's more, when we're able to put a face to the standard text, our open rates spike dramatically. To steal a phrase from the founder's book, BombBomb helps us "rehumanize our business."

Pros

BombBomb makes personal, relational communication simple. Between their Prompt program (which provides us with monthly content for our general database) and their Gmail integration, there's not a part of our business that hasn't been improved in some way by BombBomb's communication solution. What's more, it's relatively easy to use for both our team (creating the videos) and our end-users (watching the videos on all kinds of devices with varying levels of internet/data connections).

Cons

The UI for the BombBomb website is a little difficult to use. If you're just shooting a video and sending it off to your recipient, it's a piece of cake. Customizing emails or finding old videos, however, isn't as intuitive as I would have liked. The good news is that the BombBomb support staff is awesome, so you're never left out in the cold if you have an issue—it would just be better if we didn't have an issue to begin with.

Gabriela

August 2022

BombBomb is the Bomb

We have had overwhelming success using this product on a marketing level and also on building relationships with long distance customers that we never meet in person.

Pros

We have integrated BombBomb with our Follow Up Boss CRM and we have implemented videos into all of our campaigns which make them very successful.

Cons

Not sure at this time what they could improve

Jawad

October 2022

BombBomb software review

BombBomb is a good tool for creating marketing videos

Pros

BombBomb is ideal for e-merchants who send marketing emails. Personally, this software helps me a lot in the creation of my marketing videos. It's very easy to use

Cons

Everything goes well, software works very well

Rachel

Great for client engagement

Pros

This allows us to send engaging, informative videos to our clients. My favorite feature is the screen share to walk them through documents or images I want to explain.

Cons

It frequently auto-unsyncs from my email and I have to log back in and re-sync it.

Cody

Powerful under the hood

The team at BombBomb is incredible. Really wonderful people there. Especially in sales and customer service. They all deserve a cold beer. I'd like the tool to have more functionality in email design, drag and drop, photo cropping, etc. I'd also like the app to include mass email tracking. But overall it's an effective tool for building relationships.

Pros

The most beneficial tool in BombBomb for us is automations. Love the tracking features (opens, clicks, video views, click mapping). The gmail integration is super handy.

Cons

Overall the UI could be a lot easier to navigate and use. The mobile app is geared around sending individual video emails. I would love if the app had tracking info for mass sends.

Reasons for choosing BombBomb

I had knowledge of the tool from previous experience.

Douglas

July 2022

Good Video Communication Software

It was a good fix for the pandemic. Sending personalized video messages to our clients. With face to face back, I just find it hard to use time and time again at the price point.

Pros

Bombbomb integrated with the team quite nicely. There was an implementation team that trained our team twice and taught us the basics of using the platform. The BombBomb support is always really good as well with their BDR's reaching out periodically to check in. The mobile app is also quite good and has been used multiple times by the team.

Cons

The reporting for video views is not always the best. Only when sending the video through the website is how you can track viewers. Other than that it only shows you views, but does not tell you who viewed it. This may be an issue if you team is looking for leads. The user experience I've heard from my team is also not that good making it challenging to use for some of my team.

Reasons for choosing BombBomb

We heard other companies in our industry use it so we thought it was the right option.

Winston

November 2022

On the Go video creation that can be easily share to everyone and watch.

Creating a video with Bombomb is very easy and fast. That being said, you can save a lot of time with less hassle experience.

Pros

Videos can be created using browser, a camera, or an existing video. All created videos will also create thumbnails automatically. It provides statistics to know how may watched and if the video was successfully received or failed delivery.

Cons

Pricing may not be affordable for some. Features may be limited but can be integrated with other platforms but will involve a fee.

Reasons for choosing BombBomb

It is cheaper and browser based Not to mention their workflow feature for automation.

BombBomb Cubed Because hey Surpassed The "Bomb" Twice Benchmark

Been using the BombBomb product since 2010 and they continue to innovate and stay #1 in the video email space. Customer service is great. Training is great.

Pros

The customiable opt-in forms have been my long-time favorite feature building funnels. The new mobile app for real time engagement is my latest favorite feature.

Cons

I wish there was a way to create lists based on engagement score as well as a simple way to remove unengaged contacts automatically if they score less than 10 on the 100 point scoring system in the previous 6 months.

Cliff

outstanding results from our new business development efforts !

our sales teams have benefited from a streamlined delivery for our new business development process, it compliments our outbound prospecting efforts & efficiently plugs into our salesforce platform and our email distribution efforts - thanks bombbomb !

Pros

the impact the process has on our sales development team to personalize our communications and allowing us to interact with our potential customers in a direct unique authentic fashion is producing measurably higher conversion rates than ever before !

Cons

the process to get our team members to "feel" comfortable using it... our super users of the software are true believers and the results speak for themselves as we get more and more usage.

Cami

Using Video in your business.....BombBomb is the Bomb!

My experience with BombBomb started out with the free version and I subsequently moved to a paid version with more options. This has become an integral part of my communications with my clients and the feedback is great. Now in the environment of Stay at Home and Covid19, I feel ahead of the curve

Pros

I like the fact that I can integrate my videos into my emails to clients and I can track when they open my email, watch the video and how many times they come back to my video.

Cons

I had a little trouble getting my email and the video set up. There are lots of options and different ways to use this product. Good thing is there is lots of support and training.

Arielle