All ConvertKit Reviews

Amber Rose

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Best Email Marketing Software

ConvertKit has been the best email marketing software I've used. Even though there are free products, start with ConvertKit. You'll make the switch eventually so just start here.

PROS

My favorite feature of ConvertKit is how thorough everything is. For example, there are multiple ways to accomplish your goal, which means you can chose a method that works for you and be successful. The metrics feature is amazing - you always know if your emails were received well from your subscribers. I love the ability to have a series, to test your headlines, and to understand the analytics. The BEST feature is the tagging feature. You can have multiple businesses, lists, and passions but still use ONE product. Just use the tagging feature to give your subscribers identifying tags and you can send them curated emails based on what you know about them. I have used Aweber and Mailchimp - ConvertKit is best.

CONS

Sometimes the software can have a learning curve. There are robust features (which make the price VERY worth it), but knowing how to use everything can be challenging . There is a lot to remember. Yes, they have templates and guides and support, but it's still a bit to learn.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

I switched to ConvertKit for the tagging feature. That was the selling point.

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2020

Great email marketing platform if you are NOT a beginner.

I'm not an email marketing beginner, but I tried ConvertKit and I didn't stay with them. I found their platform to be overwhelming, clunky, and I did not like the way the emails to my subscribers looked. The emails are quite plain. As an online business coach for women with service-based businesses, I dont' want to be tinkering around for a long time trying to figure out how to use an email marketing platform i'm paying for and I also want my emails to stand out. ConvertKit doesn't do either of those things for me.

PROS

This is by far the best platform for organizing how you want your email series to be sent out as well as for tagging subscribers according to how they respond to your emails (like if they click on a button in your email to learn more, sign up for something, buy something, etc.). If you know what you're doing, this is an intuitive platform that allows you to keep track of what your subscribers are doing and then target them with the appropriate marketing.

CONS

I feel like ConvertKit isn't beginner friendly because when you first sign onto there the interface is too overwhelming. The positive is that they give you a lot of options as to what you can do in email marketing and then the negative is that they give you too much options so then, like I said, it just looks overwhelming as a platform to work with. They do have tutorials though as well as a trial so you can get to know the platform before you jump into the monthly fee that starts at $29.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

I was trying out different email marketing platforms to decide which one would be best for my business coaching.

Leigh

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

I don't know why people recommend this software - their generous affiliates program perhaps?

I have more problems with convertkit than anything else on my website, the source of all my issues have been convertkit! It's cheap compared to what's out there, but there is a reason for this. I'm now going to infusionsoft, which im sure, my commitment of their monthly priceplan will speak volumes for how poor conertkit has been.

PROS

It's easy to write emails and develop an email funnel.

CONS

the implimentation is dire, it's like a beta release all the time. the forms aren't as responsive as they so claim, things look good on their page and then on preview, but when published, you really have to tinker with them to make them work. Their worpdress plugin was prompting 'malware' warnings on my site with Avast, the first time I had to contact their help desk, and they were more concerned about removing me from their daily tasks lists than dealing with the problem. this eventually cleared up, I assume it may have been in Avast's hands, but this problem lasted two weeks in convertkits hands. I then had a list of 5 questions, I recieved a response for one of them by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who I then didn;t reply in a timely manner for (although he contacted me 3 days after my problems were raised!) He then got pushy in the emails for me to deal with the problem immediate - which I couldn't do!! I was available to add things to my website 3 days before his response and had other work commitments to deal with, having just now got back to the website, 5 days after my initial problems, he decided to close the ticket to and I quote 'remove them off his daily tasks lists' I've now raised these exact same questions again to convertkit to seek help, hopefully I won't get an automated response and have to wait another 3 days for a reply to when im busy and told they'll close the ticket again to make themselves look good. Their customer service is diabolical and their software is sub par.

Dustin

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Best UX and easiest to use EMS

Overall, the product is solid, reliable, and support is friendly and responsive.

PROS

ConvertKit does a great job at making things simple. The UI is easy to navigate, and templates are easy to set up and implement. Automations are also very easy to set up with a visual interface. Ultimately, what ConvertKit does better than any other app I've used is: they make it easy to create and send an email to subscribers.

CONS

What I don't like the most about ConvertKit is the pricing. For small creators who maybe aren't making a living yet, and are not emailing frequently, the cost is heavy if you have a big list of subscribers.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

ConvertKit had an easier to navigate interface, and made doing the things I needed easier than Mailchimp.

Ben

Information Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

A real step up from our last email marketing solution

I was previously using Aweber and needed to switch after an as-yet-unexplained technical glitch did realy damage to a product launch. The move to ConvertKit was smooth and I wish I'd done it years ago - the cost is slightly lower too for my 10,000 subscribers.

PROS

ConvertKit is very intuitive to use and hides a lot of functionality behind a straightforward user interface. Tutorial videos for each area of the software help considerably with the learning curve. The feature-set it really well-thought-out and allows you to be really creative with your email marketing. I particularly like the easy way to send a broadcast email a second time to those who didn't open it the first - it really adds to the value of each email.

CONS

I've found little to criticise before beyond the fact the on-boarding was quite hands-off. Support is very good quality but the responses could, I suppose, be a little quicker.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

I'd been perfectly happy with Aweber, but then I did an email product launch and all of the emails went out out of sequence. Aweber were hugely apologetic but then failed to come back to me with any response as to why it happened, despite ensuring me developers were working on the problem.

Reviewed August 2022

Convertkit is the bloodline for my business

I've been using Convertkit for over 2 years and it's constantly improving and adding benefits for running a business.

PROS

It's designed for people like me, creators. It's very well thought through and I don't need to have many integrations to use it.

CONS

I don't like that it doesn't have a mobile app.

Reason for choosing ConvertKit

I was recommended by a trusted source.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

I like the experience of Convertkit better and find it easier to write newsletters.

Eddy

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

Better Aweber Alternative

Overall, I have been very happy with Convertkit. I find that they have great deliverability and they are a lot more reasonable in terms of spam complaints.

PROS

The pricing of this email marketing service is a big reason I switched over. I used aweber before and they would charge you additional if you have the same person on two lists. Whereas ConvertKit would only count that same person on two list as one. This saved me tons of money that I was being over charged with aweber.

CONS

I wish some of the automation was a little more robust and easier to use.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

Aweber's pricing was too expensive and their deliverability wasn't as good.

Reviewed January 2020

Easily my preferred email management software (if it was cheaper)

PROS

I LOVE the visual automations. It makes it far easier to set up and explain how they work to clients. The sequences are so easy to update and I love how all the emails are viewable on the same page.

CONS

Having to code email templates. I recently switched to a cheaper provider because, as I'm not earning much from my blog right now, I couldn't justify paying $39US per month.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

I wanted a software that was easier to use (e.g. can see an entire email sequence on one page) and was subscriber-centric, not list-centric.

Reviewed September 2023

A great choice for email marketing

I switched to ConvertKit because we needed a more powerful email marketing tool. ConvertKit is the industry standard, and I feel like our email marketing system is much more professional after switching.

PROS

I like that the audience can click a link within an email and be automatically segmented. It is also easy to create new broadcasts (emails), and ConvertKit recently added the ability to have saved brand colors, so changing the font and button colors is simple.

CONS

ConvertKit isn't as "pretty" (or image-based) as some platforms; however, I'll take deliverability over pretty emails any day. It's also a little overwhelming to learn what everything means in ConvertKit, but once you become familiar with the wording and where things are, it's easy to accomplish what needs to be done.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

We needed to be able to segment our list in ways that weren't possible in Flodesk at the time.

Reviewed April 2021

Great CRM for Creatives

Once I learned the software, ConvertKit became a pleasure to use. The feedback we got from our subscribers was fantastic. A noticeable difference.

PROS

-Easy to switch from an older CRM -Geared toward creatives, with a focus on the design of email messages.

CONS

-Learning curve slightly steep -Not particularly clear how to set up workflow without a lot of tutorials.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

The creative aspect matched with the function of the studio.

Simon

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

Solid and improving email marketing software

Overall ConvertKit is a good solid option, but only really if you're using the paid version. The free version lacks a lot of the good features. It is priced competitively and once you learn how to use it, it's pretty user friendly. Reliability wise, I've never had a problem as far as I can recall. Customer service is pretty quick and I've even reached out to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] via Twitter and he was responsive.

PROS

When I started using ConvertKit it was a relative new entrant to the market and a competitor to the likes of MailChimp and AWeber. It was started by someone who had used other email marketing solutions and and had tried to overcome issues with these solutions. This meant for someone who was reasonably software literate it was straightforward to use and had some great features, and these have been added to as time has gone on.

CONS

There has been an update on the landing page section which meant I could no longer use one of sign-up forms, which was used multiple times over my website. Although necessary for them, it caused me as a user quite a headache to resolve. Also, if you go over a threshold of subscribers, the price goes up automatically...if you go back below the threshold you have to tell them to move you back down. The free option is not particularly great for brand new websites and on websites I have built for others, they've tended towards something like MailerLite initially.

Reason for choosing ConvertKit

Pricing and functionality on ConvertKit seemed more in line with what I needed and had recommendation for ConvertKit.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

Heard good things about ConvertKit from different sources and AWeber didn't seem as good value any more.

Louise

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Love the automation Convertkit provides

I needed an email software that reaches leads without going into their junk email, that was reliable, flexible and allowed many different pathways for leads. This makes it so much easier to send personalized messages.

PROS

I love the detailed automation you can set up and it is fairly easy once you know how. I really like the function that you can tag leads and send them into different funnels and send them personalized emails. This helps with conversion rate.

CONS

It does take a little bit to learn. Such as when you set up rules and such in the automation it can get a little overwhelming but once you get the hang of it, it is easy and quick to set up.

Reason for choosing ConvertKit

Because open rates were higher. Good price point and the flexibity of it.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

Through other business owners they recommened Convertkit because open rates were higher than Kajabi.

Nicola

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Solid email marketing platform for all sizes of business

Using convertkit allowed to me to grow my email subscribers and nurture my relationship with them as I could create great automation sequences and build funnels to best serve my audience

PROS

User friendly interface and the majority of features most small businesses will need to perform their email marketing

CONS

As the company grew the price became higher without significant improvement in the product

Reason for choosing ConvertKit

Convertkit had all the features I required at a lower price

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

Mail chimp is not user friendly

Megan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

The only email marketing software I’ll use

Convertkit is in my opinion the best email marketing software. It is pricey but with everything that Convertkit offers, it’s worth it. If you have some coding experience you can overcome the limited email sign up boxes customization by adding some code. But for an amateur you’re pretty much stuck with very limited design options for your email sign up boxes on your website.

PROS

Convertkit makes it really easy to collect and tag/keep track of subscribers and set up automated emails. The layout is clean, simple, and user friendly. Customer service is also amazing! They reply super fast and are eager to please.

CONS

Convertkit offers several different designs for the email sign up boxes but I wish they were more customizable. You can pretty much only change the font size, background color, picture, and bold or italicize the font. That was definitely a disappointment.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

Convertkit is much easier to use and you can use affiliate marketing in emails whereas in Mailchimp you cannot.

Alexa

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2019

My go-to for email list management and content marketing

I refer all of my clients to ConvertKit if I can get to them before they are locked into mailchimp. It's a bit spendier for small lists, but the functionality is SO worth it. The tags, sequences etc allow even rookie marketers to set up smart funnels & sequences. I love this product.

PROS

So user-friendly and agile. It's powerful without being hard to use. I try to get all my clients on ConvertKit if they can afford to. The automations, tags, and sequences allow you to be so agile with your email marketing and retarget and build smart marketing funnels with very little effort. It is made for content marketers. I adore this platform.

CONS

A little bit expensive for smaller lists, hard to compete with free services for small companies. Learning to build sequences and automations takes a little bit of time.

Reason for choosing ConvertKit

So much better than Mailchimp, it comes with everything you need right out of the "box' without needing to pay more for integrations or automations. It's a marketer's dream.

Sharon

Media Production, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Will Convertkit Work For Me

It's been great because I moved with a plan in place to create a system that I wanted and was organized.

PROS

It is reasonably easy to set up, you do need some guidance as to the wording used but it works most of the time and that's what's important.

CONS

The optin boxes and landing pages need some work.

Reason for choosing ConvertKit

It was recommended and the best price for my audience.

Reasons for switching to ConvertKit

Active campaign had become a mess and I couldn't see what I was doing, I needed a fresh start.