• Pros

• "The price is excellent, and I love that they're unrolling features constantly. Two of my favorite features are automation (a must-have), and drag-and-drop design."

• "Very easy to use, inexpensive. Great deliverability!"

• "not as expensive! it's easy to use and works great! Never had a problem with it and always have had good success with it."

• Cons

• "I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used."

• "Would be great to have more integrations with other content management systems but they keep improving every day!"

• "Can't save images, however the ease of use make templates easy to access. "

Browse EmailOctopus Reviews

Brian from PubWriter

KISS for email marketing

I use it to send a weekly email to my former ukulele students (300+). I also send out 'tech tips' to authors on a semi-regular basis.

Pros

What I love most about email octopus is the simplicity of it. The interface is minimal by design which doesn't derail me when I just need to get an email out to my lists.

Cons

I would love it if they supported markdown.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Mailchimp does not seem to have the high deliverability that email octopus does. Also, the email builder is bloated and complicated.

Josh from ImmoAfrica.net

Probably one of the best & most cost-effective ESP's out there!

Truly outstanding customer service. Quick response times and always willing to go out their way to ensure that you are properly looked after. This too is one of the key reasons why we are still with EO and have no intention of leaving. Solid company and staff all round!

Pros

The thing we love most, is that when you link your Amazon SES account with Email Octopus, you can get a real bargain, esp. when compared to other ESPs out there. The user interface is very intuitive and simple to use, yet, it comes with very advanced email marketing features. All in all, we can recommend EO to anyone looking for an advanced email marketing system that doesn't break the bank.

Cons

In terms of advanced segmentation, the current version is still somewhat limited, but I've been in touch with their support team who have ensured us that it's on it's way. But other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

While SendGrid is known for their ultra-high deliverability rate, the UX of their platform is sub-optimal. We managed to figure things out, but their built-in email templates were seriously lacking in creativity and weren't optimised for mobile at all. After signing up with Email Octopus, we ensured that everything was properly set up with Amazon SES (which granted, took a bit of reading up), but we now have an above average deliverability, open and click rate.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

MailChimp is good, but far too expensive, esp. when you have a larger email database and send out weekly newsletters.

Jan Sigetty from BUOY MEDIA

Unfair comparison with Mailchimp

I like it, but that's because I found workarounds. Fx. I design the NewsLetter in MailChimp and copy/paste the HTML. It works fine that way.

Pros

I moved from MailChimp, because of the price tag. Octopus is way cheaper, but it's still possible to send the same quality emails and that's​ great.

Cons

1. A better interface to make your own template/design. Limitations in fonts, sizes, etc 2. List features are limited. No way to create segments or groups based on subscriber data. 3. Regarding reports: A graphic overview of where the clicks are placed.

Response from EmailOctopus

Replied October 2018

Hi Jan, Thanks for the feedback. We have some good news on the campaign editor- we've just launched our new drag & drop email builder. It's only in Beta at the moment, however I've added it to your account and you'll be able to use it in your next campaign. More updates to come based on your feedback, too. Thanks again, Tom

Jargon from AV Management

This is the one!

10/10

Pros

EmailOctopus was SOOOOOO easy to use! I love it. I came over discouraged AF from trying MailChimp. Anyone whoever used MailChimp either has a degree in the software or hired someone. It is ridiculously difficult to use and it embeds itself into everything. EmailOctopus is so simple and effective. I got real-time results and I ended up making quite a bit of money emailing old customers. I will definitely be using EmailOctobus from here on out.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like is that I didn't find it sooner.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

EmailOctupus is easy to use and doesn't require much setup. Zero headaches, zero nonsense

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

MailChimp was too difficult to use

Mikey from Michael Campling - Author

Reliable and cost-effective

Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

Pros

EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

I've tried all those listed and a few more. MailerLite let me down several times. They were unreliable and their support was poor. Sendfox is very basic and charges for options such as single optin lists. Mailpoet has a great editor and integrates with my site beautifully, but it didn't integrate with Bookfunnel, and that was a dealbreaker. Mailchimp has become very expensive.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

I wanted to switch from a self-hosted email platform to a hosted one, and it was important that the service I chose integrated with Bookfunnel and my website.

Kat from Kat Stiles Publishing

Industry: Writing and Editing

Can't beat the features for the price

My overall experience has been positive. I'm comfortable with tech, so setting this up with AWS wasn't difficult. I like the user interface and I think deliverability is at least moderate. I've been able to save 10-20 month using EmailOctopus over the more mainstream and pricey email providers, so I'm happy.

Pros

I like that I have 90% of the functionality as with the more expensive options, like MailerLite. This allows me to build my newsletter list without the hefty price tag.

Cons

I wish there were more analysis-type features, like being able to tell me at a glance which subscribers haven't opened an email in six months, and then a mechanism to pull that group out and cull them from my list. Right now the process is manual and time-consuming.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

Mostly price, but also functionality. I wanted a UI that was easily to learn and would make it simple to produce decent-looking newsletters.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Price - as my list of subscribers grew larger, it became cost-prohibitive to stay with MailerLite.

Sumeet from Juststickers.in

Best Email Marketing System

Overall, I think I am using EmailOctopus for more than 3-4 years now I think. I have been very satisfied with their product and haven't found any other service which gives me such good features at this price point. All the best to their team and hoping they take EmailOctopus to new heights.

Pros

I have been using this since it was a very small product. I have seen it grow and add new features with time. They have definitely grown for the better and added some really nice automated marketing features without increasing the cost too much.

Cons

Amazon SES reputation management is the biggest issue I have faced. Though, it's not their part of the product directly but there should be some way of managing the reputation and fixing those issues from within their product. Whenever I had doubts, their team did help me out a lot.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

The pricing for simple email newsletter in MailChimp is too expensive for our business. Though they are actually shifting from just email newsletter to a complete e-commerce marketing platform. But the cost was too high for our subscriber base.

Brian from One eTeam

Small Agency ESP Review

Very positive.

Pros

We use EmailOctopus for our small agency to send our newsletters and other targeted email campaigns. Their tool is extremely easy to use and is very cost efficient for small agencies that have to watch every penny. Plus the are continually adding new features to the platform which makes the value increase every quarter!

Cons

Would like the ability to create sub-accounts. And it's a bummer to pay a foreign transaction fee every month.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

Easy decision. EmailOctupus offered the best value for our agency.

Better value

Fantastic low-cost email host

I needed an easy and inexpensive way to host email. This has done the trick and then some! Really pleasantly surprised.

Pros

Very easy to use, inexpensive. Great deliverability!

Cons

Doesn't have an easy way to segment your subscribers.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

I wanted to save money. Since I didn't need all the functionality that ConvertKit uses for this particular email segment, changing over has helped me quite a bit.

Response from EmailOctopus

Replied April 2020

Hi there, We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business. Let us know how it works for you. Thanks, Tom

Teresa from Multiverso

Solid free option for creating campaigns and sending newsletters

It was easy to start using EmailOctopus, create and send newsletters, and keep track of their stats. Wound up switching back to MailChimp because newsletters often did not reach many of the recipients with EmailOctupus.

Pros

- The free version is good enough for use in a small company - Campaigns are easy to create, start, and track - Mailing lists are easy to create, import, export and edit - Easy to use, even for new users

Cons

- Emails often did not reach their target recipients - Editor could have more features

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

The company was having problems with their Mailchimp account. Once that was solved, I switched back.

Ian from Full View Home Inspector Marketing

I Only Use This Software Because it Works

I ave never really had any issues with Email Octopus and only have good things to say. If you are using something else for your email services, I highly recommend you check this out. They are easy to use, very affordable, and the service is clean/not bogged down with a bunch of stuff that no one uses.

Pros

Easy to use dashboard, all the basic features I want without all the fluff of the other software out there, and the price is WAY better than most

Cons

It can be a pain to set it up with AWS. I would recommend getting an AWS freelancer to set it up for you initially if you don't know how to work with it

Price and ease of use

Price and ease of use

RYAN from North Orange County Community College District

Best Email Service Anywhere

Outstanding. I have so much control and flexibility to use this service for so many bulk emailing applications and I can scale up or down to mirror my busy seasons. I have been thrilled with this service for years.

Pros

I have been a user of EmailOctopus for years and have seen the company, services, and functionality grow and develop over time. The customer service has been extraordinary whenever I have had questions and I have always received highly respectful communications from this company. They know that your success makes them succeed as well so they are in your corner every step of the way and they treat customers fairly at all times. The ease and flexibility of this web-based program are outstanding and I have made recommendations in the past that have since been implemented. What the service is now is a godsend for anyone needing to send bulk emails whether frequently or occasionally because they allow you to scale up or down to your needs, which I see as further proof of their customer first philosophy. The setup is easy if you follow the instructions or ask for any help and once you are setup with amazon and email octopus, you can be confident that you will achieve everything you desire with this service. Best of luck to you all in future endeavors.

Cons

None Exist. Try to change my mind. This service is outstanding.

Freeman from Cerebrum Learning

Love EmailOctopus!

Pros

EmailOctopus is focused on one thing - helping you send beautiful emails to your subscribers. It's not bloated, it's simple to use, and it's priced very competitively. We switched from Mailchimp a few years ago. We love the ability to use our Amazon SES account to keep costs low for our high volume of weekly email sends. I've also switched client's from Mailchimp to the EmailOctopus Pro plan and it always saves them time and money.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Price and ease of use. You shouldn't need a course to be able to understand how to use your email management service.

Steven from Marriage Missions International

E-mail Octopus is a great platform

Overall, our experience has been great. Any time I've had a question or a problem the support center is very responsive, even factoring in the time lag because I'm in the United States and they are in Great Britain.

Pros

E-mail Octopus is very easy to use. It is an intuitive program. Over the past three years that we have been using it it has been nearly flawless. But the best thing about it is it's affordability and flexibility.

Cons

If I had to pick just one thing about the program that I would change would be on the reporting side. It gives good data about the number of opens, numbers who unsubscribe and bounces. However when they report clicks the base it not just on the number of opens but also factor in even the number who never opened the e-mail. To me, that doesn't make sense. How can you report data on someone who never even opens the e-mail.The realistic number of click throughs should be based on the actual number of the people who have opened the e-mail. That is the most accurate data a user like myself can benefit from.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

They weren't able to keep up with the technology wen needed to be able to collect data about delivery, opens, clicks of our e-mail.

Phil from EVOKE International

The Ronseal of Email Platforms - Does exactly what it says on the tin!

Pros

Nutshell - AWESOME. Ease of use. After failing to be able to achieve what we needed with a well known competitor we switched. We had spent four days trying to import our list with the competitor but were unable to due to limitations in the host software.

Cons

No landing page. Sure its fine for us, we have a website page specifically for capturing new signups but some will not have this ability. For example in the MLM world the 'rep' or 'agent' may not have or need an actual website but will absolutely need email marketing with a very simple way to capture new users. Something with a url that would allow for sharing on social networks. Integration with Wordpress isn't very 'pretty'! We're having to use web hooks in a separate form to pass the data through automation to our audience list. The WP plugin isn't, and very probably never will be, as powerful as some of the built in tools within modern WP page builders. Unfortunately whilst the bigger guys tend to get their platforms integrated into WP plugins, it helps the plugin devs sell the product, EmailOctopus isn't current being supported. WP plugin devs, if you're reading this, make it happen!!

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Restrictions of the competitor product.

Sheila from Designs by Babymoon

Industry: Graphic Design

Email Octopus makes it designing and sending emails easy and affordable

I'm getting more emails out and having more interaction with my customers. With the algorithms on social media changing daily, being able to consistently connect with my customers through email marketing is so important.

Pros

Email Octopus is so much easier to use that other email marketing products. The templates are simple and impactful, making sending new email campaigns an absolute breeze instead of a full-time job.

Cons

The only thing I would suggest is that email octopus develop an app for mobile users. That would make it even easier to use!

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Cost, ease of use, support

Jacques-Louis from JLK Media Agency

I tried many Email services and EmailOctopus is my favorite

Pros

- Very low cost: EmailOctopus uses Amazon Simple Mail Service to send emails, for a fraction of the cost of other email platforms - Integrated API: I automate my list building using EmailOctopus full featured API. I can connect EmailOctopus to my workflow - Real-time statistics: watch in real time how your campaigns perform - Outstanding support: I needed support to use the API and got great help from them

Cons

It lacks a list segmentation feature and the list contacts editing could be more user friendly.

The price and the API

Response from EmailOctopus

Replied April 2020

Hi Jacques-Louis, We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business. Let us know how it works for you. Thanks, Tom

Kristian from College Life

Industry: Information Services

Excellent

Amazing. Great support, fantastic features & unbelievable ease of use.

Pros

A simple, powerful tool to automate & scale your email communication.

Cons

There are no cons. The company is growing, and progressively improving their services.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

Simple, fast & easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Mailchimp became too bulky & confusing. Emailoctopous keep us focused on what matters. Nothing less than t hat.

Phillip from PRESTIGE SOLUTIONS

Industry: Consumer Electronics

CEO

Pros

Cons

I'd like some more functionality but I understand if I need to pay to get those things.

less expensive

less expensive

Not-so-bad Alt to MailChimp

Pros

The fact that the free version comes with 2500 subscribers. 200 more than MailChimp.

Cons

For me there's no serious cons of this software. they did good job in improving their drag and drop editor. But i don't feel they keep up with enough updates. The sector of email marketing providers is crowded and if you don't keep up like what MailChimp did with launching Inbox and Surveys features plus their brand new editor: We as customers and therefore our clients will choose the most advanced solution.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

Client requests and project requirements

Client requests

Ashleigh from Writing and Editing

The Perfect Solution

I had a suggestion for a new feature and contacted customer service. They responded within hours and were extremely friendly. I have been very pleased with this program and will definitely be recommending it to others.

Pros

I examined many email clients before selecting Email Octopus. What really made this program stand above the rest was the fact that I could have 2500 subscribers on my list and still remain on the free program.

Cons

The "Drag and Drop" feature in the email builder has a slight learning curve, but it is still much easier to use than other programs I've worked with.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

EmailOctopus had the largest number of subscribers on the free version and was the easiest to use.

Ian from Full View Marketing LLC

Easy to Use and Great ROI

I have used Email Octopus for a couple/few years now and I have not had an issue - which is saying something. The times I had a question or two, they were responsive and helped me out. Overall great experience.

Pros

Easy to use, great pricing, support has always been responsive, and they always seem to be improving things. I like the clear and easy dashboard that isn't cluttered with all sorts of stuff that I don't need.

Cons

Integrations with other software is a bit limited.

Ryan from HZQ Consulting

Industry: Political Organization

EmailOctopus is my go-to solution for mass emailing.

Fast. Reliable. Responsive. Very satisfied.

Pros

The software and the team behind it are fast, reliable, and responsive. I work in politics and things need to happen quickly to be impactful, which is why EmailOctopus is my go-to solution when I need to get a message out and get a report back on how well it was received.

Cons

I would add more data fields to list importing so I could segment better to one list.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

Too costly by comparison to my needs.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Their customer service wasn't as good!

Jesse from Finishing Trades Institute

Email Octopus Review

Pros

Ease of use, effectiveness, sends emails efficiently and quickly. The ability to choose from templates or create your own is a great feature! Being able to see who has been sent an email, see when they opened it, and if they clicked on any links is such a wonderful feature for our school! Great costumer service as well. This is the first time our company has ever used an email platform software and it has made my job so much more efficient and the communication between our entire membership and school has never been stronger before! On top of that, I finally get to do something in my position that is creative, I love playing around with the templates and adding my special touches, it has helped me bring fun into my job!

Cons

I would of loved more flexibility in creating my own templates, some features as far as how the emails look but other than that nothing!

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

I did research on emailing platforms and figured I would give this a try, fell in love with the ease of use and ability to quickly create an email.

The BEST Email Platform for "Large Audience" Campaigns for Starter Businesses

I have had a wonderful experience, as for this pricing, there is no service I've found that can "go fast" from the get go and start sending large quantities of mail to your lists.

Pros

The number 1 key of this software is their unique ability to plug into your Amazon Email Platform account. This allows you to send out MANY MANY more emails on a daily basis than any other platform I have come across. Not to mention the ease of ability to upload the lists from wherever you have built them before.

Cons

The biggest difficulty is that there are not comprehensive statistics set up in the back office to individually see what emails are opening and reading your emails. Or the ones that are clicking. That is a step down from where I was before.

Mo from ContentMo

Industry: Publishing

EmailOctopus is the best value for email marketing hands down!

EmailOctopus lets me email by list affordably, quickly, and easily. It enabled me to reach my customers regularly with a high deliverability rate, virtually no spam complaints (EmailOctopus is integrated with Amazon SES) , and the price cannot be beat. Forget the rest and use EmailOctopus!

Pros

EmailOctopus is easy to use, has a clean and simple to use interface, and has the best price for email marketing that makes it affordable. I tried many other competitors, and EmailOctopus is the best by far.

Cons

I'd like to see the ability to segment email lists and more ready-to-use templates.

Pete from Verdugo Hills Council, Boy Scouts of America

EmailOctopus is a Great Inexpensive Option Among a Field of Competitors Pricing Out Small Nonprofits

It has been easy, affordable, and effective to get our email campaigns going with EmailOctopus. It really is the right solution for us.

Pros

It is the price and simplicity that drew me to EmailOctopus and make it the right solution for our organization. While it lacks some of the advanced features of competitors like MailChimp and Constant Contact, it has the features that we need to manage our email campaigns. List management, simple segmentation, basic email campaigns, and a simple editor that makes it easy to create good looking emails is exactly what we needed.

Cons

I wish that we could do a little more with the custom fields in the member lists. For example, you can't include dynamic content based on a field on a subscriber's profile except for the contents of the field itself.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

EmailOctopus had the right price.

Scott from Polylith

Industry: Publishing

Exceelent option for editorial newsletters

I use EmailOctopus to send monthly editorial email newsletters, and it excels at this. I'm able to have total control over the aesthetic of the emails I send, and the dashboard isn't cluttered with marketing features that I'll never use. All the other services I tested and compared either imposed their own aesthetic on the user, or offered full customization but were bloated with marketing features – or both. EmailOctopus is ideal for my use case.

Pros

EmailOctopus dispenses with all the tools for marketers that other services offer and focuses on a simple but crucial set of features: straightforward list management, fine-grained control over templating, clear workflow, sensible analytics that don't veer into creepy surveillance territory.

Cons

All that said, there are a couple features that would be nice to have: embedded subscription forms that don't need jQuery, and a CSS inlining tool for building custom templates (many others are available; it would just be nice to have it all in one place).

Awsome service

It's been great. I use it to manage email subscriptions in apps that I develop and to send automated emails.

Pros

It's lightweight, cost-effective, and easy to work with.

Cons

I'd like a more robust developer API, so that I can take more control over how I'm utilizing the service in my apps.

Price and ease of use.

Ramy from Rocket Gems LTD

In a competitive market, EmailOctopus stands out

EmailOctopus has been great. I've tried a few alternatives and they were all too complicated as they were trying to be all things to all people. All I wanted was a simple service for sending out weekly newsletters for an affordable price, and EmailOctopus delivers on that.

Pros

It's super affordable and comparatively simple to use

Cons

It took a minute to get used to the editor, but there's been no email service provider I've come across where that wasn't the case.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

The price and the simplicity.

KEHINDE from Tech And Brain Systems

Email Octopus For Easy Emailing

I use it for email marketing; list building, automation and broadcasting messages to my existing list.

Pros

Simplicity of the User Interface, AWS Integration and Delivery quality.

Cons

The price farely high given to the fact that I still have to pay AWS.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

The 2,500 Lifetime free subscribers is cool.

TJ from writing

Breaking up with ML was the best thing I did

I can't say enough good things about them. From the moment I decided to use their service and ongoing. When I have had a question or issue, they respond almost immediately (time zones:). They listen and respond directly. My email open and click rates have improved SIGNIFICANTLY since changing providers and my SPAM complaints have dropped as well.

Pros

I like that this service is easy to use, intuitive, and comes with a great cost in comparison to other providers. Every feature has clear guidelines and tutorials if you don't already understand how it works. My emails are clean, responsive and attractive without being garish or too cluttered.

Cons

There are some features that it would be good to have, such as list-scrubbing features to prevent adding members who are already subscribed, and to resend to people who did not open an email. BUT- the company is very responsive and has been developing new features that they have been implementing!

Michelle from Instinctive Living

Great new product

EmailOctopus has been great. Technical support helped me resolve an issue quickly.

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to use. The ease of use and brand colours fit my brand.

Cons

Can't save images, however the ease of use make templates easy to access.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

New product, price and ease of use.

Ease of use.

christopher from Jeccl Ltd

Using Email octopus for newletters for my customers

Brilliant. The user interface is easy to use. It is clear what to do with little or no training and pretty straight forward.

Pros

I like how easy it is to drag and drop images onto newsletters. The templates are really good too.

Cons

The restrictions to the number of emails being sent can make it hard to balance my prices accordingly. I use it to put newsletters together for my clients. Effectivly i am a middle man, a one of mayment per x number of emails would be a good feature rather than a monthly subscription.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

Email Octopus offered a higher number of free emails and contacts each month than anyone else I found.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Mailchimp only allows 2000 contacts per account unless paid for. Email Octopus offers much more.

John from Bali Discovery

Pleased with Octpus

Increasing subscribers and understanding the demographic profile of our subscribers

Pros

We use it for our weekly newsletter on Bali Tourism and Lifestyle sent internationally. I like the way it removed hard bounces and thereby bolsters the veracity of our mailing list.

Cons

No basic complaints. A few hiccups at the beginning - but accept those issues as part of keeping spammers away from your product.

Aaron from Parshasheets.com

Value for Email Marketing is Great

Love EO. Wish I would have switched sooner

Pros

Compare EO to other Email Marketing and it is easy to use with all features you expect. Great value for $$ spent and accessible customer service too. Save money and use this great marketing tool.

Cons

At this point EO has all needed to run a small business marketing program.

$$

too expensive

Teresa from Author

A Nice, Affordable Option

Overall, this has been a positive experience, and I would recommend EmailOctopus.

Pros

Cons

It's not always intuitive to use, so I sometimes have to ask for support. However, they always get back to me quickly. Also, I'm desperate for list segmentation and have been asking for that feature for a while now.

Response from EmailOctopus

Replied April 2020

Hi Teresa, We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business. Let us know how it works for you. Thanks, Tom

Amazing Newsletter Service

I tried a couple of times the support. Every time they answered my questions with a solution or at least a promise to update the web in the future.

Pros

I used other third web apps for my newsletter. I saw once a newsletter from emailoctopus and I decided to try. I was shocked how it was so easy the setup and the affordable price. I love the automation option. I use it for my funnels and it works very well.

Cons

I would like to redirect my subscribers to a custom page after the confirmation email.

Simona from inProvenza

Industry: Newspapers

A great value for the paid fee

Pros

I switched from Mailchimp to Emailoctopus when my mailing list grew and I think it was a good, money saving choice. What's more, Octopus is easy to use and their customer support is great. I highly recommend their service.

Cons

I'd like to get more data and figures about every specific recipient behaviour.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

Mailchimp was geting too expensive.

anja from www.cookingwithplants.com

It's easy so I actually use it!

I love how easy it is to use and if I have any issues, customer service is always excellent!!

Pros

I love how simple Email Octopus is to use. Because of this I actually send regular emails and stay in contact with my customers. I'm not ultra tech savvy so this is perfect for me.

Cons

I wish I could segment my lists more and have more ability to drill down and only send certain follow up emails to certain customers.

Response from EmailOctopus

Replied April 2020

Hi Anja, We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business. Let us know how it works for you. Thanks, Tom

Thomas from Selfpublished author

Extremely efficient way to handle mailing lists

Works really well

Pros

Cheaper than mailchimp, good dashboards, has bookfunnel integration api, great campaign and automation planning tool

Cons

mailing list segmentation has limited features

Response from EmailOctopus

Replied April 2020

Hi Thomas, We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business. Let us know how it works for you. Thanks, Tom

EmailOctopus - Best Value Around

I switched to EmailOctopus in 2017 from another email vendor and so far I have not been disappointed. It’s easy to use, fantastic value for money and the support team are very responsive.

Pros

Ease of use Value for money Good support team

Cons

Basically it has Limited functionality

Karen from Campaign Roots

Industry: Political Organization

Easy to use and setup

Pros

This is easy to use, no frills email software that is perfect for low cost marketing campaigns

Cons

Haven't had any issues so far, everything about it is good.

Reasons for Choosing EmailOctopus

It's the most affordable.

RYAN from ScoreKeepers Music

Industry: Music

Love it!

Stellar.

Pros

It's free if you're under 2k recipients, which I am. More importantly, it's easy to use, easy to set up good-looking emails, and I can customize anything. No learning-curve. It's a quick dive-in. Easy to update and modify my contacts list.

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints. It's good.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

MC changed the way a user can organize and update his/her contacts lists. Became complicated and muddy. If someone the list asked to be removed, then later asked to rejoin, I was unable to add him/her.

Marzio from Studio Legale Avv. Marzio Vaglio

Very good mailing service.

Pros

It's easy, inexpensive and works very fine. I love it!

Cons

I have not yet found something that I need and it cannot do.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

GDPR better compliance with EmailOctopus.

Great MailChimp alternative

It works :) and it's cheap. Emails go out, people open them and click. That's it.

Pros

It's not bloated - features they have are those that 98% of us need.

Cons

Being used to numerous bells & whistles from other providers I sometimes miss advanced tagging and similar stuff. But, realistically - it's not needed and this is NOT a problem in Octopus.

Ashima from WiserTogether

Amazing Product

Absolutely love it, we’re using Email Octopus to drive monthly utilization and it is amazing! The low cost is also fabulous!

Pros

Email Octopus makes our monthly newsletters and release notes so easy! The templates and features to send out details are so easy and user friendly that anyone can use it with out too much training.

Cons

I wish there was a heat map to see where users clicked most in our emails but that is a feature request not a con.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

IBM Watson was way too expensive for what we were using it for

Simran from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law

Industry: Writing and Editing

If an overwhelmed law student can use this software with ease, so can you!

My overall experience has been really great and I cannot recommend this software enough. It is simply one of the absolute best on the market for this type of software.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use and customize. All of the features are incredibly intuitive and the end result is absolutely incredible.

Cons

The one difficulty I had was importing my email list to the software, but I'm sure there was probably a mistake on my end as I am not the best at technology nor would I say I am well-versed at using it.

J F from jfrogers.com

Industry: Writing and Editing

Best email option...especially for the price!

I've only had to reach out to customer support during setup. That part was a little tricky, but email octopus provides easy to follow instructions and they're very helpful. Overall, I'm so glad I switched from my previous overly-priced provider. The emails are just as easy to create and look just as great for a fraction of the cost. I recommend email octopus to everyone I know with a newsletter.

Pros

I like that I can send thousands of emails so inexpensively. It has a drag and drop set up and is incredibly easy to use.

Cons

It doesn't have all the functionality of my last email provider, but it's a fraction of the cost and I don't need what the other provider offered.

Ashton from Author

Mailchimp who?

Pros

I had been using mailchimp but found it very expensive for what I was getting. So I tried out EmailOctopus... and promptly cancelled my mailchimp account. It is user friendly and has great features. I can do everything I need to do without extending my budget. The pricing for what you get is AMAZING!

Cons

Have yet to find anything. I am still new but so far, so good.

Reasons for Switching to EmailOctopus

It was so expensive and email octopus was the better deal.