• Pros

• "I really like how easy it is to track the results of your email campaigns - their analytics feature is a big plus! It is also easy to A/B test stuff which - as a marketer - I find very helpful."

• "Many high-quality templates Easy to use A/B testing feature Good interface Clear campaign wizard Grouping messages and subscribers Good insights"

• "Great resource centre with a lot of know how about the system and about email marketing. The system itself is very intuitive too."

• Cons

• "The integration with Google Analytics wasn’t easy for me but once I got the hang of it I could figure it out and set up new autoresponders with a few clicks."

• "I don’t know how to integrate some plugins with their system, there’s no simple way to do it or I just have to figure it out - anyway it’s not very intuitive."

• "Free plan don’t have a possibility to create drip campaigns, I had to upgrade to enable this feature."

Browse FreshMail Reviews

Peter from Groupon

August 2016

The best platform for sending personalised newsletters

I’ve tested a few different vendors and after using Mailchimp for a long time I switched to Freshmail. At first it mostly for cost reasons but it turns out that their customer support really impressed me. I really like being able to write or call and get quick answers for everything.

Pros

Freshmail Designer is what I like most. You can select templates or create your own from scratch and add whatever elements you want with one click. Everything looks really professional when you’re done. The other thing worth mentioning is automation with Google Analytics. It’s easy to send autoresponders to subscribers who complete goals that i set in google like “visit price page” and that person will get a message from me. Putting a small discount offer in that messages get really good results.

Holly from BP

Industry: Oil & Energy

September 2015

I didn’t know email marketing was this easy to do

My open rates on previous campaigns with another ESP were horrible and I never understood why. I thought a change of sending servers would help and it turns out that it makes all the difference.

Pros

Honestly, I don’t see much difference between one system and another but FreshMail does stand out to me for one reason. Over the past 4 or 5 years I have used four different email marketing systems and FreshMail has by far the best customer service of any of them. If you are getting any real use out of your email marketing, you will need some help or have a problem from time to time. FreshMail is only customer support that gave me the impression that there was actually someone looking into a problem and they always got back to me and stayed in touch until the problem was resolved.

Cons

My campaign got delayed because of their moderation process. When I wrote them to ask what was going on they said they have some kind of anti-spam moderation process that was taking longer than usual.

Dale from Reidys Home of Music

Industry: Music

Great User Interface, Not So Great Everything Else

Due to the server issues, we did move on from Freshmail to Mailchimp, but I wouldn't say Freshmail is all that bad, they just need to do a little housekeeping, tidy up those servers and consider making English the first language of the business.

Pros

The thing that attracted me to Freshmail's email marketing platform was that, to me, it seemed to give more flexibility in terms of getting creative with the interface than other alternatives such as Mailchimp. The templates seem to have more personality and, design-wise allowed a greater level of creative freedom.

Cons

Here's the problem - I just don't think Freshmail has the cleanest servers. Unfortunately, we had issues with emails being marked as spam and had difficulties with the Freshmail customer service team in resolving this. Also, there were a few language barriers at times as they are based out of Poland and you'd find the software having random splashes of Polish now and then.

Mitchell

Very Happy to Reccomend

I have used Freshmail for more than 6 months. Before that I used Mailchimp but I had some difficulties with them and decided to change systems. So far everything seems to be very effective and I’m more than pleased that I decided to switch to Freshmail.

Pros

The biggest advantage is FreshMail’s 24/7 support. At the very beginning, I had a few problems but they worked and helped me to solve them, also I got some important advice on how to avoid similar problems in the future. I appreciate the wide range of guides, blog posts, e-books and so on. I want to get the most out of my email campaigns and freshmail knows how to do it :)

Artur from Coloplast

I enjoy using FreshMail and find it easy and useful in its price category.

Good insights about my subscribers database and possibility to clean it up from bouncing emails.

Pros

Cons

The offer says otherwise, but from my experience messages filtered to spam are more common than a business would usually accept The templates are good, but the differences between how they are viewed within campaign wizard and in particular email clients is very big.

Harriet from Marketing Research Association

Industry: Market Research

Easy to learn and easy to use!

Pros

I like how user friendly Freshmail is. The template designer has a lot of pre-made templates and I created mine by just tweaking the one I really liked. All my contacts are easy to manage and to organize. I’m building my email list with their plugin for Wordpress and that works fine as well.

Helen

Great autoresponders

You pay for the amount of sent messages which is perfect for small retailers. Autoresponders can help you to reorganize your communication.

Pros

It took me a while before I was brave enough to try some of the advanced features like autoresponders but once I did I saw how easy they are to set up. Can’t believe I didn’t do it earlier! Thanks to autoresponders you can set up the message once and it will be sent each time another customer will buy a selected product or click onto a given link.

Cons

It’s not fully marketing automation yet.

Eliza from Santa Fe Community Yoga

At First I liked it...

Overall, I am not very happy with Freshmail and it does not get to peoples' inboxes, so I just recently switched from it.

Pros

I chose this software because it had the best design features for e-mailing newsletters. It has a great array of styles and fonts.

Cons

It has a very frustrating glitch or feature in which you can lose all of your work if you don't constantly save it and close it out.

Vito from Ad Subculture

Great support than I can count on day or night

I moved to FreshMail after using Mailchimp for a bit. I'm using a free account now since my subscriber base is rather small. The thing I like most is the great selection of templates they have and the intuitive process for everything. They have great testing options as well and lots of help in making your message in a way that will avoid spam filters. Advanced database segmentation lets me deliver very targeted content to my subscribers. And the customer support is really helpful and professional. I just wish that I could share templates with coworkers using the free version but apparently you can do that in paid version. When my subscriber base gets there, I'll move up to it.

Easy emailing creator

Pros

This app is for me really easy emailing creator - both on the template and on my own imagination. I like also automate my emails campaign.

Cons

Sometimes I have a problem with setting any function because it is difficult to find ...

Gillian from Immediate Future

August 2016

Easy to use email marketing tool

I set up an account in FreshMail not long ago to start promoting my new e-store. First impressions were good. Setting up a newsletter step by step is intuitive and adding graphics & creating the overall design is easy. You don't need to know anything about programming or graphic design to make something that looks great. I didn't think it would be this easy. You arrange your newsletter by dragging and dropping blocks in the template. It's easy to combine text blocks and others with pictures and graphics and then edit everything the way you want it. When you're done you can save your template so you can start from there next time and just change the details. After maybe an hour of experimentation the first time I worked with it, I can now make my own newsletter campaigns. If you don't want to make your own or don't have time you can also choose a ready made responsive template from their library.

September 2016

Dave from AlgerMedia

September 2016

Easy to use, templates, support

I'm new to Freshmail and I can share my first impressions. I never realized that making my own newsletter was that easy. It was really easy to find my way around the designer and make exactly what I wanted. They have lots of templates that you can just start with and customize the way you want. The process is really simple and a big plus. On the down side, I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to integrate certain plugins with google analytics. I'll just have to leave it for someone else to help me with. Oh, and another thing I liked was getting free newsletters from freshmail with advice and tips on making great campaigns - a nice extra for people like me just starting out.

Kamil

The best platform for companies

Pros

I think its one of the best platform to sending personalized newsletters ever created. Fast, easy and cheap solution for every business.

Cons

User interface isn't very intuitive, i don't know how to integrates some plugins with Freshmail,i didn't saw simple way to do it. I think better UI or guide will be great improvement.

March 2016

Bernard from childcarepro - A Division of Vari Tech Systems Inc.

March 2016

Does exactly what it's supposed to do and works well

The online interface is very intuitive to the users. We have people working in there that are anywhere from graphic designers and web developers all the way to traditional marketers without really a great deal of online experience, and because the tools are so easy to use, it has been a great tool for the entire marketing team.

Pros

I like the functionality of FreshMail Designer. You can change everything using drag & drop and there are tons of additional graphics and buttons to add. They also recently updated everything to make sure that templates adapt to mobile devices.

Cons

Integration into existing SaaS applications could be better and more diverse.

Matt from Matt Stewart Translations Ltd

I've been using freshmail for quite some time and it's a great tool

Sebastian from Bravo Group

Design Manager

In the company where I work one of my duties is creating email marketing campaigns. With the system I used before, everything was much more complicated and it took me a lot of time to create responsive newsletters. Since I started with FreshMail, everything is much easier and I can't believe I wasted so much time before!

Pros

Setting up a campaign is very easy. Everything in the system is well organized and easy to follow and making your own beautiful newsletter is easy. Moreover, I like the wide range of free responsive templates.

Cons

Marketing automation features are not too advanced. I'd like to see tighter connection with Google Analytics so I could segment based on GA dimensions and metrics.

Everything you expect from email marketing tool

All you need in a everyday work.

Pros

It is very easy to use (especially comparing to other similar tools) and intuitive. All functionalities are easy to find and use. Even if you are not that experienced when it comes to email marketing, you will not have any problems with using Freshmail. And the customer service is very helpful.

Cons

Sometimes it may be difficult to import data or make some synchronizations but it's not anything which can't be overcome.

May 2015

Olaf

Industry: Cosmetics

May 2015

Great tool

I’m sending up to 4 campaigns every week and I usually I’m setting all the campaigns at once. It’s really easy to do it in FreshMail. Also I can easily compare the results of my campaigns. Reporting system is really detailed and easy to read. Also I appreciate the Code Inspector as sometimes it helps you to avoid the problems with HTML. I don’t understand autoresponders are divided by names - for me it’s confusing. I’d like to have the possibility to select the options later than at the very beginning. However, I think that this system has high standards.

Pros

I like the ability to design exactly what I can see in my head with FreshMail Designer. It took me about 30 min of playing around with it before I was comfortable but that’s no big deal. You can customize everything and even simple designs still look good.

Cons

Not much, perhaps the fixed steps for campaign creation. You can’t start with selecting template for example.

Conrad from Waltz Agency

I send a lot of emails. Regular newsletter, mailings and autoresponders. Sometimes things go wrong a

I own an agency that sends emails for clients. We are happy that all emails display correctly on different devices, so we don't need to put much work into design.

Pros

Very intuitive tool, I didn't need much time to master it. Also customer support is very responsive and prompt.

Siobhan from Public Benefit Organisation

Really gorgeous email marketing software

Pros

If you're a design junkie and want really beautiful branded emails, ditch Mailchimp and get this. Drop and drag design, multiple easy ways to import mailing lists, good stats and recommendations on how to get more opens and actions. Just great.

Cons

Little bit pricey once you exceed the free plan, although in line with Mail chimp and other big names. Sometimes buggy and looses edits if your Internet connection is unstable and not much option to design offline.

Matylda from LiveChat - customer service software

Simple email marketing tool with great analytics

Pros

Cons

It is not the most intuitive email marketing tool to use as it simply lacks at least some of the essential features like the ability to pause and edit your email campaigns once they've been scheduled to go out (now you need to email them to pause them).

Luca

Good tool for new business development

FreshMail is a great professional system for newsletters at a good price. I’ve been using it for almost a year and I haven’t had any problems yet. It’s simple to use I think a kid could get the hang of it.

Pros

The price is very reasonable. Customer support available 24-7. Nice looking campaign reports in real time.

Cons

I’ve had problems logging in to the system when they run updates.

Erica from NanoReef Service

Intuitive newsletter tool

Pros

With FM I can make my communication with contractors easily and automatically. I have design tools, beautiful free mailing templates, autoresponders. I pay only for sent messages - very good for small businesses. It has very good statistics, so I can analyse almost everything such as reads, clicks, signouts etc. Everything in cloud. ... great!!

Cons

I do not see any weaknesses of this software yet

Hadley from Detention

Great price for the value. The system is easy to learn and to set up

Pros

Segmentation, autoresponders, personalization and email testing. Great campaign editor, very intuitive.

Cons

More direct integrations! I am able to go around it with Zapier but it takes more time to set up. Apart from that good

Alex R. from Robert Hall & Associates - Tax Consultants

Impressive newsletter templates design

Definately worth its price! I started from using the free account - which is time unlimited - just to test the possibilities and I liked it enough to switch from the other email marketing platform that i was using. Most of all the features or easy to use and thanks to guidelines in the system it’s easy to learn why and what you should do send a successful campaign. I also like the range of free responsive templates that you can use - it’s a real inspiration.

Pros

Free and time-unlimited trial account.

Cons

Phone support available only for paid accounts.

Michal from Morska Agencja Gdynia

Very good email marketing platform.

Pros

Very easy to use. Vera affordable. A lot fo features. Very intuitive for users. Easy to set up and strat using.

Cons

No webinar module, which compared to getresponse is a problem. But if you don't need webinars it's ok.

Kinga from Sotrender

Alex from Top Class Signs and Printing

Great tool

The after campaign reports are really good and easy to understand. I was a bit intimidated by them at first but once I understand what I was looking at, everything just kind of `clicked in my head. Understanding the reports made me feel like I was really making progress because you can see the stats behind every aspect of your campaign. The reports also give you motivation to do better next time because you feel like you need to get higher numbers every time.

May 2016

Pawel

May 2016

Works well but does not bring added value in comparison to competiton

Pros

I have used FreshMail for a few weeks during testing period of multiple tools for newsletter and mailing management. It has all the essential functionalities but nothing that would make it outstanding.

Cons

The overall usability of the tool was slightly worse than for other tools we used. The visual editor was a little buggy, it was not smooth to prepare new templates using it (not the HTML, but just the basic visual one provided in the tool). The pricing is fair, but some of the competition have more included in basic/free accounts.

Matilda from Avanssur AS

Great Overall Email Marketing Tool

I started using autoresponders in FreshMail not long ago. I set up a cycle of training videos for my customers and now I can just set it up once and forget about it - it's all automatic. The system management is really easy and you don't have to have advanced knowledge to do things like use link tags or read campaign reports.

Krish from Computer Software

Everything that I need in an Email client

Pretty good for email campaigns and newsletters, however for naive users, might take some time to figure out the fundamentals and API usage, apart from that it's worth the money

Pros

Quick responding methods and optimized conversations Love the automation and templates

Cons

Plugins and integrations should be improved in terms of ease of installing them Make better documentation or tutorials for using the API

January 2015

Jessica from Opcom

January 2015

The best newsletter editor

After having tried a number of newsletter editors of email marketing services - and found them always disappointing in terms of flexibility and design options - I stumbled upon http://freshmail.com and finally got what I need. It lets create stunning templates with a simple and neat drag&drop editor.

Leon from Dittmar

September 2015

Easy to use and lots of cool advanced features

I really like FreshMail's advanced reporting system with campaign results. In the system I used before, I was never sure how to analyze my metrics. Now I can export the campaign data and put together cool reports for the boss man!

David from Fitted Magazine

Save Your Money/Time

Service is terrible. It was easy to set up and use until one day they randomly deactivated my account. I tried for 3 weeks to get this fixed. 3 Weeks is way too long to fix my email service. I went back to Aweber, service is much better. If you run into an issue with Freshmail they are terrible. Go use another email service other than Freshmail.

Pros

The templates are great and easy to set up.

Cons

Service is horrid and slow. Especially for this day and age.

Natalia

Easy marketing for everyone.

Pros

If have to make campaigns this solution can make it fast and effective. I think it's best tool for every business.

Cons

Maybe FreshMail is too expensive solution and you can find other tool which is cheaper and do great job.

June 2016

Conrad from "Self Employed"

June 2016

Best customer service

It's really easy to work with the system - the templates are great and I had no problem creating very good looking campaigns. Also, it's great there is a phone support available - these guys are really helpful with any issues.

Pros

Customer service and the template designer.

Cons

Sometimes system works slow.

Tomasz from PBS

Industry: Research

Really good value

Freshmail gives You really good value. Every time we have to deal with huge mailings we use freshmail as our mailing service provider

Pros

Cons

can't see one

August 2016

Bartosz from Friendly Social Ltd.