(2,418)

2,418

• Pros

• "I love this app. You can use it on any device, its good at arranging large amounts of mail, and its customization is perfect. "

• "Easy to use for every one, having a very nice shape."

• "This product is super easy to use. I love that I can just swipe and my email is deleted. It makes keeping my inbox clean so easy!"

• Cons

• "Customer service was a little confusing but they were still very helpfull."

• "Multiple options are great, but sometimes too many can sometimes be difficult to manage through sometimes."

• "Some emails do take longer to arrive but other than that it is good."

Browse Gmail Reviews

Justin Emanuel from walgreenns

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Top Teir Number 1 Email Service

Gmail is a great easy to use fast quick reliable service .number one in the industry and my favorite provider .

Pros

gmail is my favorite and most used email provided .it has great support and folder structure .easy to use and setup quickly.security is second to none. i recommend gmail to everyone looking for a email service thats quick to set up.

Cons

call times for support can sometimes take a while . emails to customer support could be faster .they offer a premium customer service and even with that there are wait times for support.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

more established in the field

Your first email choice

I use several email softwares, Gmail is a good option widely accepted in many business and is great for entrepreneurs.

Pros

Gmail is a perfect option for business purposes, it helps you to deliver messages in a single click. It perfectly integrates with other tools from the same company. If you want to save a draft you can do it, also you can manage labels for different email options.

Cons

I don't like the way the older emails are on the bottom, it makes it harder to seek them. Sometimes I just want to scroll down to find the older emails instead of having to search from the search bar.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

I used all of them i don't choose one above another.

Aasis from Chargebee

Reliable and easy to navigate email service

My Organization has been using Gmail for the last 3-4 years. I have been personally using Gmail since it was launched in 2005-06. For personal use, I always advocated the use of Gmail over other email service providers. On the professional front, I think Gmail is a good tool and they are making progress in the right direction. They still have a long way to go to compete with MS Outlook that is specifically used for official purposes. I believe that Gmail needs to work on its ability to showcase the email threads in a better manner, provide the flexibility to include one email in another as an attachment by simple drag and drop and finally there are a lot of options available in Gmail which are not easy to find. For example: meeting schedules, how to delay sending an email in Gmail.

Pros

1) Nudges: Gmail sends prompters for emails where a follow-up may be required. It comes in very handy especially when you have multiple emails to respond to every day. 2) Emails can easily be categorized based on the filter rules provided. It makes my life very easy since I get close to 500+ emails every day. 3) It can easily be used with other Google Suite products like Google Docs, Google Sheets etc. 4) hangouts integrated directly with Gmail makes it very easy to know who is online and directly reach out to them via chat/call.

Cons

1) You cannot embed one email inside another email like an attachment. Many times, I have to refer to another mail while talking to colleagues or client and it is not possible to include that email in the form of an attachment by just dragging and dropping the email. this feature is available in Outlook and comes in very handy. 2) When there is a lot of back and forth on a single email thread, it is difficult to follow the mail thread in Gmail since it gets clustered.

Jules from @properties

Strong email platform with exceptional integrations

find GMAIL to be overwhelmingly easy to use, well designed and thoughtful. It's an excellent mail client and I've been very happy. I also like the the suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a gmail account. They all work really easily together.

Pros

The best feature is the fact that GMAIL is overwhelmingly easy to use, both as a standalone email client and as a full suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a Gmail account. They all work really easily together. I didn't anticipate using Google Drive when I began using GMAIL, but soon, I couldn't remember a time when I didn't utilize it. All in all, the software is very well designed, user friendly, and intuitive.

Cons

One area where I think Google could improve GMAIL is with the functionality for Label and Move. Many times, I have carefully selected dozens (or even hundreds) of individual emails, and then attempted to Move them to a folder, only to realize I've selected Label instead. At this point, all emails have been (incorrectly) labeled, and worse, all have now been deselected. At this point, I have to go back through and re-select the emails one by one, unlabeled them, then select them all again, one by one and move them to the folder. I can't be the only person who has struggled with this, can I?

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Yahoo was overrun by advertisements and it didn't offer the same functionality. I also think the @gmail.com has a bit more cachet than a yahoo account. I didn't consider alternatives, as I felt GMAIL was the only product on the market at the time that was superior to my existing product.

Very sophisticated, happy user

Very easy to user simple. With added security features no one can hack your email.

Pros

Ease of use, you can easily sort emails according to its category. Gmail also sorts your social promotions emails away from important emails.

Cons

No option to select multiple emails at once or with one long swipe to delete from mobile. I have to literally select once by one to delete.

Sejal from Scotiabank

Gmail Review about the folders

It is good but they have a huge competition with icloud from Apple.

Pros

The best part is that the most important emails are in my primary inbox, and the rest of them go into updates or promotions.

Cons

When I am waiting for an email and it is in updates or any folder but primary. Make your system stronger to categorize emails. One time I was waiting on an email from my job which was due in 48 hours but it was shifted to updates instead of primary and I did not receive the email.

Gmail

Pros

I like that i'm able to use other apps within gmail such as Google Doc. I also like that i'm able to undo the send messages within a few seconds when I have already sent out an email

Cons

I wish that when sending an email out, there is more time allotted to undo the messages maybe at least 1 minute instead of a few seconds.

Thando from University of Pretoria

Gmail is great for first time email users

Pros

I love the fact that it refreshes a lot faster than other email host providers and bundles up emails from the same mail thread.

Cons

It clashes with Gmail chat, which isn’t very intuitive I don’t use that much... also you are forced to pay for storage if your inbox is full and that happens often with spam mail entering my inbox

Must have

Very satisfactory

Pros

Before, we were using our old way(Outlook) to check our official emails. How super happy to use Gmail. It's a sepuer easy to use, and we can use it on the phone.

Cons

Hard to find anything I least like or dislike. This is must have a type of tool.

TOSIFBHAI from ATCO CARRIER INC

Grat storage for emails

It serves well and gets the work done right.

Pros

Least expensive, affordable and able to keep emails forever for less money.

Cons

I wish they keep updating it with new features every few months.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Its less expensive and affordable than any other product in the market.

Tamilore from Brandinghacks

Industry: Writing and Editing

Gmail makes electronic communication super easy

Gmail has been better for me than other electonic mailing systems. My business wouldn't have gone this fat without it. Even as the Google Mail has a few flaws, it's benefits supercedes it's faults. I would recommend it a a million times over!

Pros

I have been using Google Mail since 2014 and I have had no issues with its functionality. It is easy to link Gmail to different apps, social media and businesses. I also love the complexity of the system. Gmail allows you to use several options like adding your business, syncing accounts and backing up files. I backed up some files a few years ago without stress. Because I didn't put much work into it, I actually forgot about the files I uploaded using Google drive. This year, I synced my Gmail account into my new phone and I could access my backed up files too! I also own a business, at least, an online content writing business I run. And so far, all transactions of my business are linked to my Gmail accounts. I have about four Gmail accounts, which I open on different browsers and the app too. I can easily sync the accounts to one another, anytime I wish. Gmail allows users to sync their PCs to their phones or other devices. Gmail covers a wide range of functions that allows you to use it anywhere! Lest I forget, you can hold live meetings too on your Gmail account. A downloadable app is available for you to access your account, anytime.

Cons

Although Gmail is very useful, it's security check could be frustrating. Logging into your Gmail account with different browsers will attract security attention. All you need to do is verify, though. But not everyone likes doing that all the time. It also takes some time for me to receive my inboxes sometimes. I think your connectivity determines how fast you can send or receive messages.

Quinton from Alliant University

Wont fail with GMAIL

I have a had a great experience with Gmail ,I've used it not only for personal user but for college use as well and it has been the easiest way to check my email, that is why it is my default app.

Pros

What I liked most about the software is the ease of use, I've used other email platforms in the past and it seems that this is has been the best experience for me. I like how the software is able to put all my promotional emails in one group instead of having it spread out in my inbox. The color coding of the emails is especially helpful so I can search for what I'm looking for a lot faster. Within an email the reply, forward, print and block email options in one location is perfect. Lastly, the auto typing and autocorrect feature is great! its like the program knows what I'm going to type before i type it, and it adds better choice of grammar.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this app, IF I had to choose one it would the grouping of promotions feature. Yes its awesome that it has this feature, but it would great if it grouped like promotions in order.

Jennie from J.F. Posthumus

Industry: Writing and Editing

A great product to use!

Overall, Gmail is a good product to use. I've used MSN, Yahoo, Excite (back when it was a thing), outlook, and even a few others both for job places and personal. Gmail is by far the easiest to use with the most user-friendly options. You rarely run into issues and even more rare is server problems on Gmail's side. I've used gmail since 2004ish (back when you had to be invited to create an account). It's gone through a lot of improvements, some "what the heck's?" (to be expected with a growing company), and it's smoothed out into a great product. Gmail offers a lot of options, is easy to use, and is widely compatible with a lot of apps, software, and email clients. It works with the Google Drive seamlessly and is very user friendly.

Pros

Gmail has a lot of great features. You can search fairly easily (and it will tell if there's matches in spam or the trash), you can label emails or place them in folders (or both). You can easily move emails from one place to another or do mass-deletes. Filters are easy to set up and work pretty well without worry. Forwarding is a breeze to use and rarely messes-up. You can add a signature without a lot of problems and change it as needed. It's compatible with the majority of email clients available, also. You also have the choice of themes or adding your own background, which is a nifty and fun feature to keep things from being boring if you're using email frequently during the day. You can also add files to an email easily and if it exceeds the size restrictions, it will just put it on your google drive folder and send a link. Quick, easy, and no fussing or changing between apps/programs/websites involved!

Cons

Sometimes an email will get sent to the trash and you won't know until you either search for it or contact the sender and find out it was sent. I have had problems changing my avatar and finding out how to get it to change has proven fruitless. (Support there isn't the greatest.) Maybe it's just the one account, because I have other gmail accounts and have changed avatars without problems. So your mileage may vary. Support for gmail is hit or miss. Sometimes you get useful help, other times you're stuck search the internet for answers. Even then, you may not find the answers and either have to give up or keep poking around until you get the problem resolved. Thankfully, I haven't encountered a lot of problems and I've been using gmail since 2004ish. Back when the only way you could get a gmail account was by an invitation only.

One of the best email service provider

Gmail is easily my go-to email service provider. With its intuitive interface and easy integration across all other GSuite apps, gmail is a powerful tool that has a lot to offer both businesses and individuals, even in the free version.

Pros

Gmail offers quick email delivery, works well for sending emails to individuals or groups of people and is very easy to use. I love their intuitive and highly customizable interface. The best part is the categorization of your mails. You can create categories and tags and configure it so that mails from a particular address only show up in the assigned categories. I found this feature very helpful. It also integrates easily with other GSuite apps like Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive etc, which is an added bonus and sometimes the only tools you need for your business or personal use. You can pick also your own themes and colors, which is nice. The draft feature saves your message real-time, which can be a lifesaver. Gmail sign-in is offered on millions of websites on the internet, so a gmail address is all you need to be authorized anywhere. It also has 15 GB cloud storage in the free version, which is more than enough for most users.

Cons

The auto-categorization of received mails as Promotions, Social, and Primary isn't efficient, as same types of emails can be found at each of these. The spam filter also needs improvement. The trash being emptied after a month could have been an optional feature. The excessive information that Google tracks about you (which can be viewed in Activity) can bother some people who have privacy concerns. Beyond the free version, the pricing is a bit expensive though.

Zeinab from Western University

Good Old Gmail

I do not have any problems with Gmail. It is a great software that I have been using for a long time, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros

Some of the most impactful features are the ability to schedule emails, ability to receive writing suggestions, and the ability to mix up your email stars. Scheduling emails is very helpful especially when I need to send multiple emails or I am running on a tight schedule. I just dedicate some time to type them all up and schedule them. This way I make sure it gets done and I won't forget to do it. Receiving writing suggestions is great if you are not a strong writer. The tips the smart compose offers are concise and work very well with most of my emails. Lastly, the ability to mix up the stars on your emails is a great way to organize them. My very important emails have an exclamation mark, emails that I have responded to have a check mark, and emails that I still need to look at which are important, get an orange star. This is very handy.

Cons

I am only a student, so for my purposes, all the features available are great. All the features that I am aware of are easy to use. However, when I first got gmail which was over 5 years ago, I do not remember receiving any sort of guidelines to help me get started. I had to discover most of it on my own, and there are certainly some features I don't know of yet. If there was some help along the way, rather than me experimenting around, that would have been even better. I have not really integrated gmail with other applications. However, I am currently considering syncing my gmail and google calendar. This might create more ease in my life.

George from Ashburn Nationals

Gmail Review

I am communicating through large groups of people through gmail and they make it quite easy. My favorite part about gmail is its ability to schedule emails to be sent at certain times. I only spend so much time in the office and most of my time giving lessons, so the ability to send emails when I'm not in front of the computer is amazing.

Pros

The features of Gmail, specifically abilities to star or mark important emails make the software very user friendly. Many of the functions are easy to use and there are multiple ways to perform each task. I tend to distribute videos and large powerpoints or spreadsheets through gmail and there has never been a problem attaching media or other links to my emails.

Cons

Integration with my existing business was fairly easy, however, there are some features that I wish gmail would fix up. Security is obviously a large priority yet I tend to miss out on some emails from new possible clients or employees because their emails get sent to spam. This is a con of gmail and I take fault for missing clients and not being able to find their emails as soon as possible.

Maher from Orange Coast College

Easy to use and offers many features

Gmail has been a very positive experience for me. I've been using it for about 10 years and it has just kept improving. Now, it is also adding new features to help people during quarantine such as starting a video meeting with people.

Pros

The best feature that gmail has to offer is definitely categorizing received emails into categories. When you go into settings and enable this feature, it puts emails received into 3 categories; primary, social, and promotions. Because of that function, the inbox is a lot more organized and allows the more important emails such as emails received from colleagues or other students to be seen immediately. It also increases the likelihood of them responding since the email was easy to find. Another feature I love is the unsend feature. If i realize that I may have made a mistake after an email was already sent, I can press the unsend button and fix the issue. Even though it's limited to 30 seconds, I've used it countless times.

Cons

The main aspect of gmail that needs improving is its spam recognition. Recently, spam emails have been finding their way into the primary inbox even after the sender has been flagged. Another improvement that gmail needs is increasing the size limit of attachments. Currently, a few photos that are high quality easily reach the attachment limit of 25mb.

Maria from Indeed.com

Main Email account

It is secure for businesses and personal accounts - I think it's a great platform, I use it and would use it forever. I know I mentioned the main layout is dull, but that's just being superficial. It works, it's easy, it's customizable, it's fast.

Pros

I find Gmail very easy to use, it's fast and simple for anyone. Not only businesses can use it, but you can also get an account for free. There is a huge storage space for all your emails and I love that. I mainly use this as my professional account,but a good feature is that Gmail filters any spam or social, so you actually have a primary section for your primary and important emails. Speaking of important, you can "star" important emails aka prioritize any email. You can even customize emails, by adding color and tags - This is a great feature for businesses as you can know what type of emails you get. You can also create different folders, which is fantastic so I can sort and have all the same emails in a same folder. You simply have to check the emails you want to move, and then select the folder where they will live. There is a big search bar to search any email within your account, whether by using a relevant word or exact word, I find this very useful when I'm in a rush. Another thing you can do within Gmail is customize settings, you can customize it by theme and make it more YOU. You can login to different pages, and platforms with your Google account, which is great, and you can sync your email account with other products. There is a built-in-chat which is useful. a new email window for new email, so you can scroll your inbox while typing a new email and minimize it and continue later, and you can autofill sentences.

Cons

I personally don't like the main layout, I find it outdated, just like the built-in-chat, I find it rather dull. Even though you have the search bar, to be honest, I don't like that emails are not on the same page - you can only see I think 50 at a time.

Christina from Washington state university

The wonderful functionality of Gmail

I started using Gmail in high school because our teachers recommended it and ever since that moment, I have never switched. Personally I've never had issues with Gmail and any time I've called customer support they were very friendly, outgoing, and helpful and I really appreciate that because there is nothing worse than the customer support being rude to the customer. Overall 10/10 experience.

Pros

The thing I like the most about this software is that it's very user friend and the interface design was done very well. I like how it's designed for people of all ages to use. I also really like how there are a lot of simple features, but also a lot of more complicated features like data sheets and stats for the individuals looking for those complicated features.

Cons

It's really hard to think of cons for this software because it really has everything one could need, but if there is one improvement that I think could be made would be have the processing time be a little faster because sometimes it can lag, but other than that I don't really have any cons.

The Easiest Communication Tool

MY experience is un-explainable because since my kid days I still use Gmail for all my communication needs.I love it so much that I am still using the same GMAIL account which I have created 20 Years Ago.

Pros

What is really like about gmail is The Popularity it earned for itself , because this is the first step which creates HOPE because when people /kid started to learn and understand about the Technology/computer world ,like what kind of instrument /product it is or how and why people talk about it in every step of life.Even if we see in computer institution the first step which a instructor taught to student is i believe Gmail and what impact it could make to their communication prospective like they can reach to any corner of the world and that too,with few click only and that too with security , because to start learning or experience anything about computer, they would need a account to identify oneself and GMAIL is the best source of it as a user and I think due to its user-friendliness , it ENCOURAGE a beginner to explore and thus Gives HOPE to the kids to learn and learn more and that is when the real explore and learning begins and I think ,its tough security features which cant be easily compromised makes it more interesting and also its Globalization, I think 80% of people as a computer user is very much aware what a word gmail is .It is exceptional because it touches millions of people around the world by giving a opportunity to learn the computer world with a New hope to make a difference.

Cons

The lease I like about it is the customer service response because as per my personal experience GMAIL took three long days to respond any little query . In 21st century it is not appreciable in such a fast pace world.

Google is okay but it's missing some things

My overall experience with Gmail has been good but over time it started to decline because nothing really changed, not much support either. It could have a lot of things added to it to make it much better but I don't think they will do that. I f you need a basic email provider it's decent but once you decide to get a business email by using gsuite it can become problematic with lot's of functions and other issues.

Pros

What I like most about Gmail is that it's convenient and easy to make an email and start receiving messages from contacts. I also like being able to customize the theme in the background of my inbox. It has a lot of features.

Cons

What I least liked about Gmail is the integration with gmass for email automation. It's expensive and is buggy with Gmail and it can be a pain. I stopped using Gmail as my email automation provider as it does not have what I need. I also receive a lot of spam and I'm tired of it.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail was my first provider then it recently changed over to Zoho because of ease of use and features.

Great and continuing to add features

Pros

So many of the things that Gmail was first to do are now common in other email apps. But overall, it's nice to use a product that's part of the larger Google platform for easy access to calendars, shared documents, etc. I like that I can use the Gmail application for managing email for my website to keep that domain name in my email address (via G Suite). I like the many ways you can filter messages, setting rules for handling certain messages, etc. There are also many helpful ways to search your inbox and folders. I've also been impressed that they continue to add features, although it's always behind the newer competing email apps. They basically copy the cool features that other apps do, but I'm okay with that.

Cons

I've been using Gmail for a long time, so for several years now I've had to pay for extra space, which I don't like. But I also realize that sounds ridiculous. Maybe I just wish they would give you more space than they currently do. I can't imagine I have much more data than the average person... Here's another con that is probably ridiculous to complain about: they put too many good emails in Spam. I've missed some very important messages because of this. And I'd like to think that once I've "taught" it which emails are not spam, it would learn not to send emails from that sender to my spam, but it continues to send them there. I don't want to have to add the senders to my address book to work around this. Finally, I've almost always used other email apps on my phone because I don't think the Gmail app is anything special.

Gmail rocks, but does it offer joy?

Pros

I happen to have both a personal and a business Gmail account. There are many things to like about Gmail (free), great search, decent integration with the rest of their offerings, nice automations with filters and rules. There are features that they have built on top of the standard IMAP functionalities, like tags, filters and automatic categorization of emails, which are very useful and productive (albeit a bit restrictive, since they are exclusively available on the Gmail apps). The familiarity of the personal Gmail accounts is a big plus when using them in a corporate setting. Centrally managing the business email accounts is a breeze for your IT department. Plus: more storage, email aliases, and group email addresses.

Cons

Well, when talking about the free Gmail, there’s not much to complain about. You can’t really argue with the free price tag, can you? The only issue I can see is that there are no native desktop clients and the web version of Gmail feels a bit too much like a webpage and less than a web app. I can understand that for many this is a feature, not a bug — but even with the recent material redesign, the UI of Gmail is a bit of a mess. The placing of the various buttons seems almost random, no vertical rhythm, differently sized elements everywhere and no visual hierarchy (really compare it to any desktop app, or outlook.com or even the official Gmail tablet app). A proper redesign that takes care of the basics of reading emails and perusing your mailbox would be very welcome here. On the premium side of things, I would very much like to see more advanced features being natively integrated. Things like scheduling, follow-up reminders, and snoozing emails, should be standard. The next big thing missing is email collaboration. Again you can see a small start-up doing with Spark (sparkmailapp.com) what Gmail should have done, at least for its business customers. Team chat on an email and email delegation are low-hanging fruit considering that Google has already spearheaded collaboration in documents and spreadsheets. Lastly, I should note that while the Google business offering is quite compelling, the Gmail-specific business features are not that impressive on their own.

Arnaldo

Gmail an app that promises!

Pros

Gmail has been my favorite email app for more than 8 years, I must say it is an incredible application, I use it every day since I constantly receive emails from clients, partners and work, so I need to check my email trays constantly, I must say that it has never hit me or given me problems so the stability of the app is excellent. In addition to this gmail has a number of add-ons that you can use to benefit, such as google drive, google hangouts and google + it is amazing how you can have everything within a single application and how they complement each other. Gmail is a very easy application to use since in the main screen you can see all your messages directly, besides this you have a menu in the left part of the screen where you can choose the messages of promotion, social and normal messages, apart you have other options such as sent messages, spam erased among others ... Another incredible thing about this app is that you can change gmail accounts very quickly and easily since it allows you to log several accounts at the same time and change them with a single click. the app is also very fast, the time that you have to wait for the new and old messages to load is very fast and this is an advantage when you want to respond to messages quickly, besides it has the function of writing several messages at the same time and leaving them as drafts waiting for you to come back and finish them and this is great!

Cons

Well, because not everything is always good, there are few things I do not like about the gmail app and one of them is that when you write a new message and add some files it is a bit difficult to do it from the phone, if you could do it a little simpler would be great, another thing is that when I send a message I do not get the notification of message sent or message waiting to be sent or message sent so I never know if my message has been sent really. For my part these are the only things that I dislike, everything else I like and I'm happy with the app, I really think it's excellent!

Virginia from Zenergy Technologies

Gmail AKA the Ultimate Key to Business Organization

Pros

Gmail’s web-based email and storage service is the ultimate key to business organization. G Suite’s collaborative application suite for business and enterprise users has significantly enhanced our efficiency across our organization, allowing us to store and condense all of our work initiatives in one local area. Whether you use Gmail, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. I would strongly recommend finding the best collaborative suite platform for your company and condense your work files, documents, etc. into one storage area that everyone (with permission) can easily access. Here are some of the main reasons we were swayed into using Gmail within our company. Pros Gmail’s free secure webmail platform, offers up to 15 GB of storage for personal use, with the option available to purchase more storage (cloud and Google Drive) on an as needed basis. Gmail’s platform can be customized to a certain extend but generally keeps things clean and simple. Its search features save you from having to manually scroll and read past emails to locate the one you want; you can also set up personalized keyboard shortcuts to speed up the processes as well. You can also organize emails via labels, this feature acts much like a file finder, in which you can create categorized folders to nest specific emails under and easily reference them/easy retrieval. Time is of the essence in the business world, so the option to save emails, pre-written templates, and import contacts directly into the platform is great for accelerating email responses and keeping our clients from losing interest. The definitive feature of G Suite Office Suite is the set of team collaborative tools available to you for sharing/file storage, creating forms (registration, survey, etc.), Excel, Word documents, and PPT with the option to collaborate in real-time. G-Suite also includes video and conference calling, in which you can invite anyone to join by setting up a Google calendar invite.

Cons

Gmail’s email tracking is not the most suitable feature for those in marketing and sales, looking to keep track of open rates, link clicks, who clicked on the specific link, etc. But Google is completely transparent about this issue; Gmail’s documentation clearly states tracking may not be accurate, there are various factors you need to be aware of to make sure your actions don’t interfere with the tracking data. However, Gmail does easily support plugins you can add to allow for tracking (we use Lead Liaison). Sending mass emails with in Gmail is not exactly feasible because of limitations in functionalities for personalizing emails. Gmail does put ad placements on free on accounts, but they are pertaining to the contexts within your emails (so at least the trade-off is relevancy). We have experienced glitches and dropped calls on numerous occasions when utilizing Google Hangouts for virtual meetings (because we run monthly webinars we moved to Zoom video Conferencing which you must have a plan to for the webinar add-on). Google Hangout only provides the option to screen share, etc. during virtual meetings from a laptop using a Chrome device, not practical for people on the go.

Ian

The ultimate in email search and storage

Pros

The best thing about Gmail without a doubt is, unfortunately, the least known. Google is well known as a search engine, but few seem to realise that search technology is applicable to email if they use Gmail. Of particular value is the ability to tailor the search to find just what you're looking for, such as an email from a person with a certain name who sent a picture between date X and date Y. Additionally are labels. Why file emails in folders - put instead Gmail labels them and multiple labels can be applied, it's like having an email in multiple folders at the same time, this also allows for greater filtering to identifying specific emails. Finally, there is the email storage. Personally, I delete emails every day unless it's related to work, income, or expenses; the result of this is that my Gmail account that I've had since 2011 has only used 5% of storage, I doubt I'll ever use up all the space as it keeps growing! Also noteworthy are features such as the ability to marks email as starred and/or as important plus links to quick get to those emails. a recent addition is the ability to snooze or defer emails to a later time more suitable or appropriate for reading the email rather than filling up your inbox. Finally Gmail, works seemlessly with every third-party email application I've used, all you need is your address and password to connect, jargon such as mailservers and SMTPs are entered automatically behind the scenes, this makes Gmail via third-party apps very user-friendly. Of course, as it's a Google product, a Gmail account means you also can login to other Google products such as YouTube.

Cons

An unpopular feature is tabs that separate and emails by content into inboxes emails that are promotional, social, updates, and from discussion forums. This can help separate and prioritise email but I don't like it and it can easily be disabled, but it does mean newsletter providers are always asking people to move their emails to the primary inbox. Another negative - depending on your perspective - is the automated analysis of your Gmail account (not by people leading to Google serving adverts relevant to you. I view this as a positive, but it can sometimes feel like there is no escape from an advert in an email that you showed interest in one time and which consequently shows up on websites you visit, but this is why Gmail is free.

Nathan from Dotcom Zambia

I swear by Gmail.... Its the best web based email service

Pros

Gmail has been my go to email app for more than 7 years. In no particular order, here are the things that are great about Gmail Its easy to use and intuitive, it takes a few mins to get used to the interface, but it is user friendly from day one. The ability to multi task and have your inbox open while you compose an email helps a lot. The auto save drafts feature has saved me many a time when I lost connectivity. Also you can compose several emails and minimize them as drafts while you have your inbox in the background and come back to them later if you wish to. Gmail is non intrusive and doesn't display ads like it did years ago. I like the fact that I can log in and view all my emails without any distractions or upgrade popups. Attaching files is simple and straightforward. Also seeing previews of attachments within emails is a neat trick and I use it almost every day. Gmail is a great free email service for anyone who wants to get the best web based email experience out there.

Cons

That is not to say that everything is perfect, there are things about Gmail that are not great. As a mobile app user, I am disappointed with the Gmail app. It doesnt sync to the web when you mark emails as read, you also cant unsend messages and adding attachments on the file is not as seamless as on the web app. Hangouts in Gmail has never really made sense to me, I wish there was a way to just disable it, but its seems to stick there no matter what I do. While the new makeover for Gmail is overall great, it still doesnt address the bigger problem of labels and email folders. If an email is added to a folder, subsequent emails are not added to that folder, unless they have a label which in itself is confusing. If there was a simple straightforward way to do it like on Outlook, it would be better.

Madhu

Industry: Graphic Design

The best email service

Pros

Gmail has so many useful tools. I can't imagine living without it. 1) Excellent search Gmail is really good at searching through messages. Granted it can take a few attempts, but you can nearly always find the message you are looking for. Other email services don't even come close to providing such good search results. 2) Forward to any email address Gmail has a built in forwarding option allowing you to forward messages from your gmail address to any other provider. A lot of other web based email services (such as Yahoo and Aol) don't offer this. 3) Manage multiple email addresses You can connect upto 5 email addresses from other providers. So you can use your Gmail to manage multiple addresses 4) Tags Gmail does away with files and folders and allows you to tag messages which makes them much easier to find them later. 5) Automated filters Gmail has an excellent filter which can perform automated actions on messages such as forwarding them to another address or tagging them. 6) Undo send Sent a message by mistake? Just tap the undo button bring it back 7) Never forget an attachment If the text of your message mentions that you are including an attachment, Gmail will display an alert if you forget to attach it before sending it. 8) Inbox by Gmail Inbox is a new interface for power users. It makes it very easy to sort through multiple messages.

Cons

Inbox and Gmail both have different features that the other don't. So I have to keep on switching between them. It would be nice if Google put all of Gmail's features into Inbox so I could just use one interface.

Samitha from Freelancer

Industry: Research

Gmail - "I'm not moving to any other email product"

Gmail has offered me countless benefits.My overall experience is great on this application.It is effective, save time.and it gives you satisfaction.

Pros

Without gmail my all day-to-day work will fail.Gmail has been my favorite email app for more than 7 years. I have to use it every day. Actually, it was indeed an amazing discovery.Gmail is very easy application to use.I have to check my trays at least 15 times a day, so I should declare that gmail never given me a problem.Also gmail provides google handouts, the world most secure chat and video call application. In main screen of gmail you can see all your mails directly. The gmail application is well organized .In the left side it shows you the menu and other functions clearly. Also you can clearly see the messages from promotion and social. My essential thing in gmail is that can change gmail accounts easily and quickly. It allows you to to log several accounts at the same time and change them with a single click. It offers 15GB of storage for personal use. As a researcher the storage capacity is very important to store field data received by other field workers in daily. Another important item is able to organize emails through labels. It helps most of them to find files. In business field time is very important factor. So, gmail provides some of icons like "Thank You".....like that are very useful. Gmail is invaluable application to me.

Cons

It is hard to find cons regarding gmail. It always updating and improving.

NeQuazanteria from Mcdonalds

Easy Email Service

Gmail has helped me come into contact with my bank, job opportunities, and college scholarships. It has been my main source of contact in relations to my business life. I honestly could not function without it.

Pros

Gmail has honestly been a great help to me. I have used this form of email since the beginning of high school and i have been stuck on it every since. The format is easy to use and the customer support is very responsive and helpful. I would highly recommend this email platform.

Cons

Although this is an amazing platform i wish it had a way to put message alerts on certain emails that I find highly important. I also dislike the fact that many of important emails go into the spam category sometimes.

Mimi from CPB

Easy, UX-forward, unclunky email organizer

Very easy and intuitive to use, very organized (and allows for a lot of customization), quick chat functions are great. Overall an essential communication tool.

Pros

I have been using Gmail for years. It's by far my favorite; the storage is great (I do pay for more), the way you can organize by folders and subfolders is handy, and the way that Gmail also pre-sorts mail (Promotions, Social, Primary) is very helpful. I also love the unsubscribe button; though it doesn't always work, when it does - it is super handy and quick, ridding users of spam and deleting them off lists. Gchat is also a wonderful function. I use it on my phone and on desktop.

Cons

I don't like that you can't add more than one photo without linking people out of Gmail. There's not much that I DON'T like about Gmail, to be honest.

Margaret from Melaleuca

Gmail - the good and the bad

My overall experience with Gmail has been positive.

Pros

As you send and receive email messages, they are organized and grouped by subject. This can help users find similar info and that can be very helpful. Keeping track of conversations is much easier with the Gmail system than any other email system I have used. I also appreciate that Gmail is respected enough in the business world that I can use my Gmail address and not be labeled unprofessional. Google Drive is a click away when I am checking my mailbox. I have just started to use Google Drive daily because I am now working from home. As a teacher, this has become an invaluable tool.

Cons

It was hard to get used to the email's organizational system and the collapsible vertical thread at first. I also am still not sure about using "labels" instead of folders.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Quite frankly, I chose Gmail based on its reputation for being more acceptable with my colleagues.

Karvin from AT&T

Google G-Mail User/Administrator

My overall experience with Gmail, This product is very very very easy to use.

Pros

This product is easy to use, especially google suites has made my daily job 10x easier.

Cons

The product doesn’t play very well with Microsoft, But it just depends on what Microsoft application I might use.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Google was just seamless and easier from the novice to the SME.

Highly organized and easy to get a hang of

Beyond amazing. I would have to say that without a doubt, I would prefer Google's Email and Suite system above anyone else's

Pros

In all my years of setting up infrastructure, intra-net based (internal) email systems, or even simple deployment of Microsoft Outlook/Office Suite, etc. Google's integrated system has been the best by far. It allows me to communicate with my employer as well as my team without any issues whatsoever. It has a strong international community of literally millions of people helping one another with any and all issues and that's if customer service isn't able to get to you on time.

Cons

Just how slow customer service can be at times.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Because it's inferior in every way (with all due respect to Microsoft).

Edward from Keeler Gardens

An Oldie but still staying srong

Overall I'm hooked and use it daily. It also has a better connotation to give someone your gmail address as a personal address over yahoo or aol.

Pros

The best part of this app is the reliability, spam filters, and ability to utilize SMTP access. The automated inboxes are a plus as in other programs you can pull your hair out trying to organize rules and folders. It took a little training to Gmail to understand the difference between social, promotions, and updates but it picked up really fast.

Cons

Not robust. If you need things like rules you will need to utilize programs like Outlook. Also privacy. This is google, so if you like recommendations and it to guess (pretty accurately) what you are looking for in your next Google search then it's great. If you are not a fan of a company keeping track of every purchase made via emails (you can see a list of every product you've ever received a email receipt for in security settings).

Gmail is boss

Pros

What drew me to Gmail over 10 years ago was its simplicity. It was void of all the fluff that other email providers strived for and focussed on ease of use. I hardly use my email accounts on other platforms anymore so I don't know if they have since caught up but I know that, at the time, Gmail was much easier to use. On the rare occasions that I do sign in to the other accounts these days, I find them a bit too overwhelming. Categorizing my emails is easy and it picks up on spam very well. I also like that it automatically categorizes promotions and social media emails, leaving my inbox free for what is important. I especially love its synchrony with google's other software.

Cons

The password recovery process is a bit much. While I understand the need for security, I have found myself having to abandon the recovery process for various reasons. I created an account for my baby and linked it to my own. I forgot the password and tried to do recovery but it insisted on using the phone number. I was overseas and could not access text messaging. So I asked to select another option. Never once was I given the option to use my email to verify the recovery and yet my account is needed to give permission to use his account to carry out transactions. I eventually remembered the password but I am still blocked because I am unable to verify the phone number.

Shayna from Williamsburg James City County Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

I Hardly Remember Life Before Gmail

Gmail fixed all of my email problems and has been a workhorse from day 1. I've used it as a student, a teacher, a business owner, an employee, and in a myriad of other roles. It is accessible whenever I travel, is user friendly, and is certainly a massive value. I am 100% pleased with my Gmail experience and can't imagine changing to another platform for any (currently known) reason.

Pros

After owning several businesses, changing corporate jobs, and living through the early email platforms, I was tired of losing email identities that I relied upon, files that I had saved, or storage that I didn't want to sacrifice. I switched permanently to Google in grad school and have dramatically reduced my email drama. The ability to easily organize emails is great and I love that I am able to keep important messages basically forever. I work with international families, and Gmail has been an easy tool for communication as it is recognized worldwide. It interfaces with practically every software, and the antispam features seem to be dramatically improved since I first started using gmail accounts. It's simply utilitarian, efficient, and free. I don't know why I would ever switch.

Cons

There really isn't anything I like least, except that I suppose I get irritable when they update the look or features. When you use it 100 times each day (probably a lot more), you get comfortable with the layout and look, so I always hope that any changes made are absolutely necessary.

Rosie from District 33

Excellent for Personal and Work Email

We have realized that it has given us, to this point, every advantage while we are currently going through a worldwide crisis and we have not felt disconnected from our jobs because Google has made it easy.

Pros

The company that I work for gave all of its employees a google email that makes communication a breeze and I was able to download it on my phone and sync it with my personal email which has been super helpful in answering messages that need my attention. I have loved using google and hope they continue to offer many more features that enhances my personal and work life. The Google Hangouts feature has been a lifesaver for work because we have been able to keep in contact by setting meetings and keep the safety and privacy for outsiders which we have heard from another platform, which is not an issue using google. We also have been able to use this to see each other face-to-face and through phone based on people's location.

Cons

One feature that could be improved is to have the option to separate them and integrate your emails easily with the click of a button. I currently have them synced but depending of my needs I would like to have access to do and undo this feature when I want to decompress from work and not see those emails.

Abi from Education

Fantastic, Functional, Friendly

Overall, gmail is my go-to software for email! I've tried other platforms, but always reverted back to good-ole gmail. She's aesthetically pleasing to the eye, exceptional, and reliable.

Pros

I've been utilizing Gmail for almost eight years now because the development of this application improved so much compared to when I first started using it. I use this software both professionally and personally. My whole experience with Gmail has been positive. This application is simple, user-friendly, organized, and connected with the other software within G-Suite. If I have an important event or a meeting, I can have it saved on my google calendar. I also like how they include automatic and ready responses to emails. I rarely have moments where I feel frustrated with technology.

Cons

Although I do like its connection with G-suite apps, I don't like how the space is shared. Since I utilize Google Photos, there is hardly any space available for me to receive any new emails and old emails may be deleted. I also wish this software featured a more detailed tutorial on how to use its features. I did not know organize my mail with labels or separate them. This software also fails at recognizing spam emails. I missed an invitation for a scholar program because it was filed under spam. I hope in the future they can organize certain emails to directly go to your created label instead of manually placing them yourself.

Elbek from Hanyang University

Gmail Review

I use gmail for my personal and professional life. So far it has been good tool for around 7 years. There were many updates and changes, that made it better.

Pros

Intuitive Design - Design elements of gmail in all platforms are very intuitive and user friendly Great Integration - Gmail is part of many google services, like android, chrome, google search, google drive hangouts, etc. I use most of the tools from google services and gmail is one accounting solution that integrates all of my services from my phone to pc, and web browser. In a way one gmail to rule them all Good spam detection - Although spam detection system is not perfect. But through my usage of gmail, spam detection has been good. Built in tools - Gmail integrates Google docs services to gmail directly, enabling view of document in gmail itself, on desktop web browser. And google drive is used for emails containing big files. Search engine - it is easy to search emails from search bar, search is intuitive to look sender, receiver, category of email, and content of email.

Cons

I use mostly web gmail services, Android app for gmail is fine, but web gmail lacks some features No self defined category - There should be option to categorize emails, with some given list, or types of emails. Lack of customization - On web gmail, there is no option to customize theme, layout, or background of service

LooLoo from Local CA Community College

User Friendly for Many Ages

I love the user friendly setting that it has in comparison to Outlook. I like how the Google Drive is connected to it and how I don't have to take 4+ clicks to get to my drive like I have to do in Microsoft, yes I have multiple emails.

Pros

What I really enjoy about gmail is that it is often user friendly when I am instructing students on how to check emails via their phone. I am constantly reminding students to check their emails from their counselors or myself that have important information. Sometimes with the many layers of emails, I have found tips to help students find emails directly from me.

Cons

What I wish gmail had was a mail merge setting similar to Microsoft where I can send mass individualized emails to students.

Sarah from Emmaus Farm

Gmail Review

I use Gmail for a personal account and for a professional account. I also use the linked Google features like Google Photo and Google Drive--and like both of those as well!

Pros

Some of my favorite features are the automatic organization of emails into different folders--I use the automatic 3 options of Primary, Promotions, and Updates, which is a great way to filter newsletters and automated emails into easy-to-access folders, without getting notifications for less-urgent/personal emails. I also use the app on my phone, which is great to check emails on-the-go. The user interface is clean and styles can be customized. Settings are easy to navigate.

Cons

The ads at the top of the promotions and updates folders are disguised to look similar to emails, and I don't know of a way to disable ads, so they are annoying when I'm trying to quickly sort through email. But it isn't a large problem and generally doesn't alter productivity.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

I find Gmail more user-friendly than other email programs, and it has a more comfortable, familiar feel. And I like that it's a Google product backed by a trusted company.

Stephanie from Evans Interior Design

Best email for Business

I absolutely love Gmail and how it works with all of the other Google software. Google has made my work life much easier with all of the programs they offer and how they interact with Gmail accounts.

Pros

I love Gmail for the ease of use. I like how it divides the emails into categories for me into primary, social and promotions. This is a time saver for me so I don't have to sift through ad emails. It is easy to go to the top and click all of these emails to delete at the same time from these other categories. The side tabs are easy to see and navigate. The reply and trash buttons are easy to see and use. I can easily access this from my phone and it is always reliable. I like that I can use my email to access other programs without needing to "sign up" again each time.

Cons

The only con I have noticed for me is that I wish that the emails that have been read already would not just unhighlight but be moved to another "read" category. It is confusing sometimes to see which is the last email in a thread and I get confused. If they moved to a "read" or "old" category automatically after they have been opened it would be easier to delete unwanted ones and keep my inbox a little cleaner and less confusing especially during busier days and weeks.

Mira from Blueshore Boutique

I like that it is easy to use

My overall experience is great. I'm not interested in using other email providers at this time.

Pros

- Search feature allows me to search my email from long ago - Allows me to hyperlink text - Allows me to embed images - Allows me to add files from my Google Drive without having to first download the file to my device or computer then uploading it - It allows me to set up an automatic reply email when the email account receives the email - It groups my email to: Primary, Promotions, Social and Forums - On my Android Device Gmail app, I can turn off push notifications and not receive emails until I open the app (pull) in order to save on mobile data by reading my email only when I'm on a WiFi network. - I can add a custom signature - I can search emails based on size so that I can delete them and make more space - I can report spam easily - I can format text in my email - Spell checker - groups related emails (replies) together - I can chat via the Gmail web app - I can create tags and add tags to relevant emails (web app)

Cons

- I cannot schedule an email unless I install a plugin - On my Android Gmail app, I wish the app would ask me where do I want to save the file I am trying to download from an email - It doesn't tell me who has opened my email like with MailChimp - I cannot create an email template - the Ads

Eric from Education Management

Eric's Review of Gmail

I like using gmail because its a high quality email service that I have been using June 2009.

Pros

What I most like about Gmail is the fact that it is easy to log into. Also, if you have a Gmail account you can also use other Google services such as Youtube and Google Docs. You do not have to to make another account to access other Google services. Gmail is free and a great part about is that you can be logged into multiple accounts as once so you don't have to log out of one account to log into another account. I also like the fact the Gmail organizes your emails into different categories so you can have your emails separated into different categories so your emails don't come to you in an unorganized fashion. I also like the fact that you can change the background of your screen and make it tailored to your own aesthetic that you like.

Cons

I'm pretty satisfied with gmail in terms of what is good about it. A con of gmail is that the basic google account only lets you have 15 gigabytes of free data and after that you have to pay for it. Also what is bad about Gmail is that if you are logged into multiple Google accounts and want to log out. You have to log out of all your accounts although you only want to not log out of all your Google accounts. Other than those two cons I don't really see any other cons with using gmail.

Easy to use and administer; suffers slightly from Google's (typically) poor documentation

Overall I'd recommend Gmail to any business, large or small.

Pros

Gmail is easy to use, easy to set up, and easy to administer. As de facto head of IT for my company I appreciate that I spend literally zero time thinking about our company email - I just add a user every time someone new joins and everything "just works". And I've never heard any users complain about using Gmail vs. other leading corporate email solutions.

Cons

Setting up group email addresses is confusing and counterintuitive, since in typical Google fashion it seems to combine two separate products, one of which (Google Groups) was designed for the internet circa 2003. As with most Google products, "documentation" consists of several random one-page articles that often include reference to deprecated features, circular links (article A tells you to go to article B for more information on action X, and article B tells you to go to article A for more information on action X), answers to very narrow support questions that aren't actually "documentation" but are nonetheless touted as such, and so on. The good news is that it's usually so easy to use that you rarely have to seek help in the documents. Unfortunately, when you do have to go to the documents you're likely to spend an hour searching around before giving up and searching the internet for a third party information source.

Vijay from Petrofac International

Industry: Oil & Energy

Gmail replaced old paper mail to new electronic mails.

over all i'm using gmail since its launched. I was the only person at my native place in india who knows computer and can write and read emails. those days still computer or internet did not reached at my native also international calling was so expensive those days but yes that old days most of the home at my native had and telephone. so peoples from native calls me and ask me for their dear ones email received or not who works in abroad. and i was like a postman for them because they are getting immediate so called letters on my computer in the form of Gmail letters. They were so much happy and blessed Gmail and me for this free service.

Pros

Gmail Is a just user friendly email system and navigation on any platform is as easy as reading old days envelops letters when paper letters get delivered. No need of any software knowledge to run email system. Gmail comes with a huge combo pack its relates so many other apps. most important is google email forum. it connects my friends in a form of group emails. we can share our ideas, plans, business deals and some fun too. its awesome. its integrated with some most useful apps, different types of attachments we can share even now we can have three to four different segregated groups to ease of business like social media, promotional emails, and forum and so on. there is so much to write about gmail.

Cons

I don't remembered any cons because gmail till date never gave me any trouble.

Jhenisha from University of Windsor

Industry: Fine Art

You got Gmail!

Overall, Gmail is easy to use and very organized especially to those who do not like checking on emails. Gmail is friendly to the eyes of the user and is not bombarded by cray emails. However, I do wish that the emails that have already been sent can be edited without deleting the whole email and making a new one.

Pros

Gmail by Google is a user-friendly mailing site in which people are able to navigate freely and easily when checking up on their emails. The emails can be organized to our likely, such us starring important emails and content that you receive through Gmail. What is evidently good about Gmail is that the top column has organization tabs in which are separated by primary emails and even social emails, which people are able to go through specific emails so that they can easily find what they are looking for.

Cons

With Gmail, I do hope that the software could update their editing. editing in terms of editing the email that you have sent to a colleague. As people write emails, whether you are a student or a professor, people make mistakes and realize these mistakes after they have sent the email to the recipient. It would be great to just go back and edit the email but some, such as myself, would have to delete the previous email hoping that the recipient has not seen it and quickly send a new revised version of the previously deleted email.

Daniel from UCIMED

Hotmail what?

Excelent. organized, easy to use, clean looking, best security program and the most impressive integration between aps.

Pros

i do think that gmail is the go to app and program for emails. Hotmail lost the race several years ago. Gmail is completely integrated with almost all apps in google store, play store and i store. The amount of accessibility in gmail is unprecedented. I have to do for Microsoft. It detected it instantly and every time there is a meeting i get a button that lets me add it to my daily plan in to do. Besides this you can add multiple emails in the same app, for example using your work and personal account. The user friendly interface lets you write your emails in a breeze. One of the things i like the most is the security. All emails come previously scanned for viruses, and it raises a threat if someone tries to open your email on another place. I do believe that this app has to be used by any person that would like a safe ready to use email program

Cons

The compute program can get a little messy. i do believe that the cellphone app is really clean looking (now with integrated black mode) easier to use and doesn't tries to put lots of information inside a screen. Besides that, this is my go to email account almost more than 5 years

Overall Great

My overall experience with the software has been great I've been using gmail since middle school but. I never fuller appreciated it until I was a part of the workforce. It makes things so much easier and faster for me. we could have entire meetings via email just to share informations and resources and it saves time from people going over the save information multiple times because its easy to just look back through the emails and find exactly what you need. My work is a lot easier because I rely on gmail for everything.

Pros

This software is easy to use and efficient for daily communications especially between all four locations of the non profit organization I work for. Everyone receives their information on time we can even have customers sign and send their paperwork within minutes. The feature that allows me to schedule a time to send emails is most helpful because I can mark the task off my to-do list before I even complete it. I also relish the fact that there is aways and trail so information is always on hand and easy to find with a quick key word search.

Cons

My only dislike with the software is that its hard to delete all or a good amount of emails al at once. I often times have emails junk mail or promotional mail that gets backed up and I would like to be able to delete all or select and large groupings to delete at once rather than deleting them all individually.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,881 reviews