• icon"Ease of use, intuitive navigation, integration with other services (Youtube, for example, and Google drive), works super well on mobile."
  • icon"I enjoy Gmail because it connects up with my calendar and is able to be on my phone and browser. Functionality is overall wonderful."
  • icon"They just fall short and Gmail always wins. Ease of use across multiple platforms is the best reason for using."
  • icon"I also receive a lot of spam and I'm tired of it."
  • icon"The only downside is the access to the Spam folder that needs to be expanded to view, making it difficult for ordinary users to find."
  • icon"Security issues like spam mail and some unwanted mails irritating. Once user share with someone every time unwanted notifications are really irritated."

Browse all Gmail Reviews

• Have you used Gmail and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 9,392 reviews

Joshua

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Industry standard, AT A COST

Marcelo

Like no other

Gmail solves hundreds of problems with a single tool, and also connect with your other tools making everything more agile and responsible.

Pros

Gmail is a secure, easy to implement and intuitive way to manage emails, for personal or profissional use. It has alot of integrations and add-ons and simply make your life easier.

Cons

Sometimes the user support is lacking, automated mails that doesnt answer your questions and no other way to comunicate.

Reasons for choosing Gmail

Gmail was my first alternative, i always wanted to make the change but was stuck in outlook, but when i lost my third email i just made it.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Outlook is just bad, its not intuitive, it doesnt have a user usability in mind, and it has a terrible support, i've lost 2 e-mails adresses due to password recovery forms that doesnt work. Outlook seems like its frozen in 1999.

November 2022

The best email service and email provider out there.

I would choose Gmail over any other email provider because it can be secured with Two-factor authentication. I get my email notifications and reminders on time. Gmail is also linked with multiple apps so I can use various google services and other software without much hassle.

Pros

The main feature I like about Gmail it is a Single Sign On service that makes it easy to use all the other services in the Google Ecosystem without creating new accounts for each application or service. It is also free of cost to set up but you can pay to have more features like email management and professional email.

Cons

The thing I liked least about this software is that important emails are often categorized as spam and I have a hard time finding them. The other thing I do not like the most is when you have a lot of unread emails it is really tedious to clear them one page at a time. Sometimes sending files with code may be an issue too just because they just have some code in the file, Gmail flags it as a virus.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Gmail is free, easy to set up and use, and has more features than any other alternatives out there.

Dominique

Gmail for the WIN

My experience overall is amazing I can easily send any type of file, the fact that I can sync my phone, tablet and have everything attached to one account is the best. I love that I can group chat, the fact alone of you can make phone calls on it it’s more then enough reason to use it and super easy to send attachments.

Pros

It’s extremely user friendly. I love the fact that even if you WiFi is acting wacky you can still read and respond to your emails as well as search your emails with little to no connection. It has features like google chat or google meet, Which you can talk to people within your office. Also you can even send out calendar invitations or staff members and family that tend to forget everything lol. Gmail blocks 99% of dangerous emails before they even hit your inbox. It’s great that you can use it on your phone and desktop really easy. Huge storage space which is a plus

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t backup or download your email box. Also it doesn’t store our pictures separately like Facebook. The annoying thing is google auto reads all of your emails blah

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Just overall a better easy functioning email with way more features it was a no brainer for me

Carlos

October 2022

Gmail - solução gratuita para email pessoal

Solução util para uso particular sem grande responsabilidade, sendo que não é solução para uso profissional.

Pros

O facto de ser uma ferramneta google permite integrar outras ferramentas facilmente, assim como possibilita um registo fácil em diversos serviços.

Cons

Falta de segurança e falhas constantes na utilização. Dificudlades de integração com dispositivos IOS.

Reasons for choosing Gmail

Maior simplicidade e compatibilidade com outros softwares.

Dayna

September 2022

Gmail does more than you think!

My overall experience with Gmail is very enjoyable. I really do not have tons of complaints, especially since it's free lol.

Pros

What I like most about Gmail is the popularity, price, and ease of use. Everyone who has an email address almost always has a Gmail account. Gmail's user demand and features are extremely helpful with online communication efforts

Cons

The only thing I do not like about Gmail is the small storage space and the size limit on outgoing messages. This is a headache if you need to send large files regularly.

Reasons for choosing Gmail

I chose Gmail over Yahoo Mail because Gmail offers more features.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

I made the switch from AOL to Gmail because AOL was dated. Once dial-up became a thing of the past, Corporate America changed with it. No one was using AOL for business any longer. Therefore, I needed to find a sufficient replacement. Over the years, Gmail has created many new features and applications that make it easy to stick with Gmail.

Stanley

Modern Email Experience

Am a fan of using auto response and Gmail's canned response make life much easier.

Pros

Gmail has the fastest email response time with a defult of 15GB for a free account makes it the industry standard.

Cons

Gmail forced email advertising found in my promotional tabs and AI analysis of my email with intent to ses my information to 3rd party AD companies.

Reasons for choosing Gmail

Best user experience and google ecosystem support.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Lack of modernized approach to email

Matteo

Industry: Machinery

Posta elettronica di casa Google

L’esperienza complessiva è molto buona.

Pros

L’uso di Gmail è molto semplice ed immediato sia per l’uso personale sia quando ho avuto l’occasione di adottarlo una piccola azienda di servizi.

Cons

In alcuni periodi ho avuto delle difficoltà di comunicazione con la Cina usando account Google.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

L’utilizzo di Gmail era risultato complessivamente più economico.

Francesco

Indispensabile per chi lavora con Android e tutto l'universo Google

Uso gmail quotidianamente e rappresentata per me, sia in ambito personale che lavorativo, la soluzione mail più moderna e completa. Per la mia web agency uso la versione a pagamento per avere più spazio a disposizione.

Pros

- La possibilità di dividere le mail in arrivo in varie sezioni, che mettono ordine e permettono di dare priorità ad alcune mail piuttosto che ad altre;- Le opzioni di personalizzazione grafica;- l'integrabilità con tutti l'universo google

Cons

Mi piacerebbe fosse aumentanto il limite di spazio per gli allegati, senza dover ricorrere a google drive o servizi di terze parti.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Gmail ha un interfaccia più moderna e si integra alla perfezione con Android e tutto il mondo Google.

Miguel Angel

November 2022

Es Gmail una buena opción para tus correos?

Buena.

Pros

lo fácil y intuitivo que puede llegar a ser usar este correo realmente es mucho mejor que la opción que ofrece la competencia como Outlook además siento yo que tiene un diseño mas vistoso y limpio para que sea mas fácil integrarte en el programa.

Cons

lo difícil que puede llegar a ser mandar mensajes sin que te confundas de contacto o que simplemente mandes uno y nunca le llegue a tu contacto.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

por que realmente no me gustaba como era Outlook y menos con todas las cosas que había en pantalla.

Emrick

October 2022

L'outil de messagerie le plus simple et complet à ce jour

Nous utilisons Gmail depuis le premier jour sommes plus que satisfaits! Facile à configurer et surtout gratuit!

Pros

Permet de naviguer entre nos multiples Gmail très facilement et rapidement!

Cons

Lorsqu'on répond à un courriel, nous ne voyons pas le courriel en question pendant qu'on rédige la réponse. Il faut ouvrir Gmail dans une autre fenêtre et les mettre côte-à-côte.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Nous utilisons les deux présentement et l'outil de recherche d'Outlook rend l'expérience beaucoup moins agréable que Gmail

Nadir

Best Web-Based Email Client

I have loved Gmail overall. It is well-integrated into the Google collaboration suite (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.). The service has excellent security features, great spam detection, and is free to use, as long as you are willing to see some fairly non-obtrusive ads.

Pros

The best feature of Gmail is undoubtedly the search. Google-powered search results inside your inbox add a ton of value. I use Gmail for personal use, used it as a student, and have purchased it for our family's non-profit. My current employer uses Outlook and O365. If you want to look for anything - an attachment, an email with a particular subject, you are all set in Gmail. In Outlook - good luck finding anything. And it will give you the garbage results after a significant wait. Gmail can also keep you organized if you allow integration with Google's assistant and other services (calendar, meet, voice, etc).

Cons

This is not really a con, but it's not Gmail's strength: the service is not meant for use offline. You can add it to Outlook, but you'll lose most of it's online features. Online, you don't get things like mail-merge, or... as it may be obvious, offline access to your messages. I am almost always online, and my recent messages are downloaded to the mobile client.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Zimbra had lower storage limits, cost more, and did not have the web-based features that Gmail offers.

Goran

Great email managment solution

We used gmail as default email provider and we never had any complaints

Pros

Ease of use and no instalation/configuration required. Rich set of features and reliability, constant upgrades and improvements

Cons

Nothing particular, we never had any complaints

Reasons for choosing Gmail

Ease of use, competitive pricing, SaS model, no server needed

November 2022

Une messagerie électronique sécurisée et facile à utiliser

Mon expérience globale de Gmail est très agréable. Gmail fait partie d'un ensemble d'outils développés par Google et qui rendent la vie plus facile, augmentent la productivité et la capacité de collaboration.

Pros

Mon compte Gmail est configuré sur tous mes appareils (téléphone, ordinateur, etc.) et tout se synchronise parfaitement, ce qui facilite les choses. La caractéristique qui a le plus d'impact est de pouvoir séparer les comptes personnels des comptes professionnels. L'intégration avec le calendrier et le cloud fonctionne très bien. Les filtres de mail et les personnalisations sont vraiment agréables dans l'application mobile, en plus il permet une connexion facile à utiliser avec d'autres outils Google tels que sheets, docs, drive... La possibilité d'ajouter les évènements automatiquement à mon calendrier est très utile.

Cons

Je ne suis pas fan de la façon dont Google classe les catégories de mails (Primaire, Promotionnel et Social). La fonction anti-spam très puissante et peut rejeter parfois automatiquement certains courriels qui ne devraient pas l'être.

Kyle

October 2022

Best User Experience - Works best with email marketing tools (better than outlook)

I absolutely love Gmail and it's integration with Google Workspace!

Pros

I have always found the UI/UX of Gmail far superior than Outlook's desktop/online/mobile apps. More importantly, especially for my business, it's critical that my email marketing software easily and tightly integrates with Gmail without friction. Outlook fails in this regard.

Cons

I would like a tiled or envelope shaped inbox experience, but the rows are good enough.

Reasons for choosing Gmail

We considered sticking with Outlook, but the integration with the richer suite of Google apps is why we switched to Google.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Cost and low user satisfaction

ShaQuila

October 2022

Gmail Is The Best For Email!

Gmail is my personal secretary, calender, reminder, and organizer. Trust me, it is a big big deal!!!

Pros

Features that are most impactful is being able to keep personal accounts separate from business. My life would be so disorganized and I would have a desk full of snail mail if it wasn't for Gmail.

Cons

I am still getting acquainted with Zoom, so right now it is the thing I like the least, but I'm sure once I get used to it, I will love it as well.

Reasons for choosing Gmail

In my opinion Gmail is the best of them all.

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Introduction of android phone caused me to switch back in 2007, and I liked Gmail better than yahoo mail, so I disregarded the Yahoo account and decided to keep Gmail.

Amit

Gmail is Amazing

Overall I am very satisfied and I would recommend everyone to have a Gmail Account. In-expensive for business accounts and provides much more than you think

Pros

G-mail is a user friendly, easy to operate, Almost everyone who has a email account also have a Gmail account, its features and functions are just amazing , you can do much more with Gmail.

Cons

Some important mails are directly send to spam folder so every time I have to check spam folder, secondly there is no customer support if you get hang up you have to work on your own there is no help

Reasons for switching to Gmail

Yahoo Servers were getting stuck again and again, I like to the feature to stop mails which are send by mistake in Gmail.

Binny

Industry: Civil Engineering

September 2022

Best and easiest application for inbox and emails!

I am using my Gmail inbox (personal) since 11 year, on daily basis, which itself shows how much I know the depth of product, I have also used SMTP to connect it to my websites. In fact my institute also has Google Workspace, which allows me to use the custom domain email ID on Gmail itself. You will no find any other product as friendly as this. I use Zoho, Outlook, Yandex and many more, but Gmail is literally the best.

Pros

I love Gmail for various reasons, the most adequate reason is, it is age-friendly, Its usage is open for all age, let it be grandparents or early adults. Next one is the single sign on that your get with google across all websites using chrome browser. It saves hell a lot of time and efforts to remember the passwords. I don't remember when was the last time that I made a account manually via email and password, because Gmail is only managing it for me. Thought this Gmail is just a email client brought to us by google and gmail id has a different context, but the after all having a gmail Id itself opens a lot of other possibilities.

Cons

Apart from all the pros and ease, I have a few cons to discuss, Gmail needs to have email scheduling and auto-responders in it. Or else everything is sure fine. I love the way they are continuously engaging the GMeet with Gmail to assimilate the video conferencing in a easy way. Hopefully we would be able to see heir chat, email, call and video call on the same platform soon.