All Klaviyo Reviews

Steve

Apparel & Fashion, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

The Ultimate Email Platform that Scales with You!

Brandon

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Great option if budget is no concern

Klaviyo def helped me grow my email marketing revenue and helped grow my business overall. It syncs well with many platforms, like Shopify, which makes rolling out campaigns super quick and easy.

PROS

Klaviyo was super easy to use. Platform was straightforward and easy to navigate. Customer service was always very responsive and helpful on any and every issue that I had. Findining freelancers to work on Klaviyo was also very easy.

CONS

It starts to get really expensive quite quickly as your subscribers increase. I was paying $600 a month before I cancelled my account and that is why I cancelled my account. Bento is a much better option and a much better value, which is what I use now.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Klaviyo offered a much more robust set of solutions compared to mailchimp but that may have changed now. It seems like the playing field has leveled out in recent times.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Bento is better, cheaper, and the customer support is superb.

Finn

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

More Than Just Emails...

PROS

Klaviyo provides a huge tech stack for e-com merchants underneath one umbrella - Email Campaigns, Flow Automations, Targeted Pop-ups, Customer Data Management and more. This reduces the need to duct-tape other tools together and helps deliver a more holistic experience for both the operator & consumers.

CONS

SMS is a huge brand opportunity for many clients and can drive a high ROI. However, credits for brands outside of the US are on average 2x more expensive which does erode the return. If Klaviyo could find a way to standardise/stablise credit costs between countries, more merchants outside of the US might uptake vs other competitor brands.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Klaviyo seemed to have slightly better capability + an extensive library of partner integrations.

Elizabeth

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Great Email Marketing Platform

Klaviyo is an easy platform to use and it allows us to design custom templates. The drag and drop option is great. Also the customer service team always responds quickly and helps with any issues we may come cross.

PROS

Great email marketing platform for beginners.

CONS

A con would be the high price for a small business.

Dayle

Reviewed December 2019

Great product... with problems.

Being a developer myself, I informed the Klaviyo team of the deprecated code errors their plugin was displaying on peoples websites, and to the fact that their plugin slowed customers websites down drastically. The reply I received a couple of days later was: "Unfortunately we do not update our plugin very often - but our team will get around to it eventually." This was 2 years ago, and the plugin still has not been corrected. So it still produces errors, and still slows peoples websites down.

PROS

Klaviyo is extremely easy to setup, especially compared to its competitors. You have the freedom to link Klaviyo with your Wordpress/WooCommerce website seamlessly. Everything can be automated! Such as emails after order received, emails after payment received, multiple emails after certain time duration's for things like newsletter subscriptions and a lot more options are available to include users website Wishlists, items they left in their shopping carts to remind them, and all emails are fully customisation using the Klaviyo's inbuilt email form designer. You can also arrange customer lists, newsletter subscription user lists, and any other lists you may require. The possibilities are endless!

CONS

Using Klaviyo on your Wordpress website as subscription signup form slows your website down, a lot! Although unnoticeable to customers surfing your site, Klaviyo also throws a few error on your page as it uses deprecated (out-dated) code. If the Klaviyo form builder doesn't produce the look/type of form you require, then you must build the form yourself by coding direct on your website (Which beats the point of having a form builder). The Klaviyo plugin does not update, and never announces that there is a new version. You must remove the plugin from your website, manually download the latest version from their website, and then upload/install/activate the new plugin. There is no option to change languages or string translations of forms, form input boxes, or form buttons. And these translations cannot be picked up in Wordpress plugins such as Lingotek or Polylang. The same applies to the confirmation pages after the user submits the forms.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

I made the switch from MailChimp to Klaviyo after a trial basis of Klaviyo and finding there is more I was able to do and accomplish. However, I later reverted back to using MailChimp as I did not want the errors on my pages that Klaviyo provides, and I did not want to radically decrease the loads speed of pages for my customers. People lose interest quick while waiting for a page to load, page load speeds mean EVERYTHING! So the choice I had was less email features or lose customers. I chose less email features.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I signed up to Klaviyo as a trial to experience another software other than my current software. So I had some sort of comparison, and to see if there were any additional features. Which I can confirm there are a lot more options, features, and ease of use with Klaviyo.

Jonah

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Provided a solution to our unique use-case.

Overall I think Klaviyo is a great product. Customer service is amazing and so readily available via chat and they do seem to possess a great degree of knowledge about the product and its functionality/capabilities. Was amazing to see our automated message flows come to life and go out to our customers!

PROS

Our product, an educational and habit-building micro-content program, required a way to send lengthy (50-100+ sends), localized, and automated flows via SMS and email to global Shopify purchasers. They were the closest platform we found to delivering as we envisioned. Customer service was very helpful in helping us find solutions to problems and aid in our solution design.

CONS

We experienced issues with contacts being overwritten when multiple sign-ups/subscriptions came through the same form. We also noticed that due to how long our flows were, the flow editor became extremely slow.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Price, capabilities and ease of implementation.

Luke

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Best email marketing platform we have used.

Migration and set up was long but relatively straightforward.

PROS

Drag and drop editor functionality was the best that I have seen on any platform especially with the customisations that you can do with variances in desktop and mobile versions.

CONS

We don't have a global view of all of our accounts. We do struggle to keep all 8 accounts up to the same standard as our main one.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Better email editor for mobile and desktop versions.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Better email editor with more direct integrations with Shopify. Also cheaper!

Hemal

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Good for beginners

PROS

For automation, email sequences, and website pop-ups, Klaviyo is perfect. It is very easy to use and set up all of the things. One more thing, for website widgets, they don't have a watermark

CONS

Before Klaviyo has 1K subscribers but they have recently decreased the maximum limit to just 250.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

MailerLite is giving 1K subscribers in free plan.

Cecilia

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Easy to implement, good a/b test features

PROS

Klaviyo is easy to use, implement, and set up. The customer service responded quickly, and there are tons of material to check online if you are stuck with a feature. I love the A-test features on popups and emails. Good integration with Shopify.

CONS

The review form is only in one language.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

It has some limits on how it reports the results

Bo

Banking, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2023

Many features

The ready to use templates of campaigns are very useful and had given us opportunity to test them all before activating campaigns. The usage of targeting correct customers helped us to see the points where we missed before.

PROS

Klaviyo could be the best when it comes to behaviour based automations especially building customer profiles and targets the correct customers when creating and building the sms or e-mail campaigns. Also it can create and simulate campaigns before launching them and gives you a forecast for future months and years.

CONS

Has lots of reporting and analytics features but customizing them are not so practical, high management might not see them appealing.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Reporting function to high management did not go well.

Ricardo

Reviewed May 2024

The king of email marketing to me.

PROS

The features and marketing segmentation are the best I've seen. Can get into deep detail with my emails.

CONS

Can get expensive, especially if using old email lists.

Rochel

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2024

Automation Email Marketing

I love this i will still use it on my shopify store.

PROS

I would say the best app on email marketing.

CONS

I couldn't think of content to put sometimes. I wish this have articles or trivia through integration of chatgpt.

Arthur

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Best CRM for ecommerce, Worst for Customer Support

With no phone support and 30 - 40 minute wait times for chat support and 24 hour response times for email support and no support on weekends, this makes Klaviyo's customer support the absolute worst I have ever seen. Maybe it's due to their growing pains. Their support staff are a mixed bag in terms of knowledge and being helpful and while that's not the norm for most SASS companies, I think that's pretty common across most CRM companies.

PROS

Fairly easy to learn for such powerful software Integration with Facebook Their native integrations and Not having to use Zapier for a lot of my integrations.

CONS

There is almost nothing to not like about this software but to learn it, you need to learn Klaviyo speak. If I had to pick one thing it would be some of the finicky ways in which the email builder acts when dragging in a new widget or row and trying to position it.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I was a veteran user of Infusionsoft and the software was easy for me to use. I also had the benefit of grandfathered pricing. I switched because Infusionsoft has no real native integrations, everything costs extra. I also switched because it was really buggy. It did everything just ok and nothing really well. I saw Infusionsoft as being better for info marketers than for true ecommerce stores with physical products.

Luke

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

Klaviyo Review - Best platform for online marketing

My overall experience with Klaviyo has been extremely positive as it has allowed me to build better relationships with my target audience. I have faced very few issues with the platform and it is very easy to use, meaning that I was able to send campaigns quickly after I first started using it. I would highly recommend Klaviyo to anyone who wants to get started with online marketing and those with online stores on Shopify as you integrate the two, to boost customer loyalty and increase repeat business.

PROS

The best features of this platform include the ability to design and save your own personalised email templates that you can send to your customers in an email campaign, I have access to email templates provided by Klaviyo and the option of designing my own from scratch. This has been very useful as it allows for each email to appear professional in its aesthetics and layout. Furthermore, you can create a list of all your contacts and then create segments to send campaigns to a group of those contacts who meet specific criteria. This means I have been able to send emails to those who only certain campaigns apply to, without having to send it to all of my consumers, which stops people from unsubscribing from my mailing list and prevents emails from entering spam folders. The 'Smart send' option also stops emails from being sent to those who have received them in the last 24 hours, to also stop spam emails from being received by my customers. Perhaps the most useful feature provided is the 'Analytics' feature, which lets you view how each campaign is performing, as it provides accurate information on how many emails have been received and who has opened them. This allows me to measure the success of each campaign and helps me to improve the reach of my future campaigns.

CONS

I would like Klaviyo to let more information to be stored on each contact such as the company they work for, a 'notes' feature would be very useful which could allow you to enter extra details about the customer, as this is currently not an option. Also I would like the option of being able to search for an individual and then add them to another (new) list/segment, so that when I need to email a small number of specific clients, I can do this without having to email them individually. As well as this a more powerful search engine on the website when searching for specific customers would be incredibly helpful. These are the main limitations that the platform currently has in my opinion and if these were amended, it would be even easier to use.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I found that Direct Mail consumed too much of my time when it came to online marketing, I also wasn't able to have access to detailed reports and data analytics for email campaigns. Since switching to Klaviyo I have been able to do this and I now take much less time to complete email campaigns, I can now use this extra time for other areas of my business which is very useful.

Kar

Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Has everything an experienced marketer will need and more, but the slow/choppy UX is frustrating

Great! Although I’m very critical of their UX, Klaviyo makes up for it in the number of features it offers. Also a great platform for agencies, as it has a lot of built in reporting features.

PROS

It has all the features that a seasoned marketer needs

CONS

The user experience can often be slow and laggy unless you have a high end computer with lots of RAM. Probably the only bad thing about Klaviyo.

Reason for choosing Klaviyo

Klaviyo offers sign up forms out of the box, unlike other ESPs

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

MailerLite was great, but lacked the segmentation and complexity that Klaviyo offers.

Sam

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Well worth the money

Despite the cons I laid out above, if you do have decent traffic and a good list size, you're missing out by not using klaviyo.

PROS

Klaviyo is the gold standard in eCommerce email & SMS marketing for a reason. It serves as a central hub for all your customer data and is the foundational building block for a strong segmentation & CLV strategy. It's extremely powerful with lots of features to tailor your marketing to your specific business case. I've also been very pleased with Klaviyo's customer support and educational resources.

CONS

Let's face it — this isn't the cheapest email software out there. For small eComm companies that are just starting out, it likely isn't the best option. The price isn't justified unless you have a decent-sized list and traffic on your site. It's also complex so there's a little bit of a learning curve.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

I've used a number of SMS and Email providers over the years. We just outgrew Omnisend and Mailchimp. Emotive, on the other hand, is just bad software. Switching away from them was easy.

Alyssa

Reviewed January 2022

Excellent Email Marketing and Analytics Software

I enjoy using Klaviyo. Building new emails is easy (and fun) with their included templates and suggestions. The trainings and academy content helps to continue my professional development and means I am able to continue improving.

PROS

Klaviyo is an intuitive software for email list management and content creation that provides helpful analytics and suggestions for improvement. t integrates easily with Shopify. Live trainings with their team are helpful, and their support team for any inquiries makes for a great experience all around.

CONS

When integrating with Shopify at first, it can be difficult to track where emails are going out - through flows or directly through Shopify. We still have issues with some of this. Some of the training information is hard to implement when you are a company that does not introduce new products often or that has high-cost products.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

The switch was made prior to my joining the company, but I am glad it was made!

1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

One of the best options for E-Commerce brands

PROS

Klaviyo is extremely easy to use. For employees that are less tech savvy, it's a great option. The integration with Shopify is pretty much flawless. MMS messaging is extremely easy for both broadcast sends and automated sends. If you have an online store, I don't think you should use another automation platform.

CONS

Segmentation and triggering workflows based on user segments are a bit more limited than tools like Braze or Iterable.

Reasons for switching to Klaviyo

Added functionality including SMS/MMS and Shopify integration.